(SPOILER!) Statue Question!

Posted by: lloydbug

(SPOILER!) Statue Question! - 05/15/08 05:32 PM

Got my villagers to start dragging the statue up the hill (slowly) and then it got stuck halfway down the path and I can't get them to pick it up again and start working! They say, "this would be a good spot to anchor the statue," but instead they go do other random stuff like laundry! Is that supposed to happen???
Posted by: ArthurAdministrator

Re: (SPOILER!) Statue Question! - 05/15/08 05:36 PM

What are the villagers saying when you drop them near the statue? Try dropping them lower down the path?

Let me know if this ends up working or gives you trouble.

Re: (SPOILER!) Statue Question! - 05/15/08 09:42 PM

Hi,

If I drop them near the statue, which is laying on the path, they say, "sees fallen statue" and then "nothing." If I drop them on the path they say, "sees a good place to anchor the statue" and then "nothing." After they think "nothing" they wander off and do something random. This happens with both the chief and a master builder.

Re: (SPOILER!) Statue Question! - 05/15/08 10:29 PM

Thank you! The patch fixed my problem!!! \:\) \:\) \:\)
Posted by: ladybeast

Re: (SPOILER!) Statue Question! - 05/16/08 12:02 PM

iknow it has been posted before but i cant find it does anyone have the link to the 1.003 version pls
Posted by: arnie

Re: (SPOILER!) Statue Question! - 05/16/08 12:16 PM

Obsolete link removed. To obtain the latest version of VV3 (1.00.04 as of this moment), please see this post.
Posted by: Lunarhekate

Re: (SPOILER!) Statue Question! - 05/16/08 07:57 PM

I'm running this game on a mac. I have build 3 but my statue is stuck. However - it says it is complete but it's still not on the bottom half

Re: (SPOILER!) Statue Question! - 05/16/08 08:00 PM

See Arthur's thread I linked to.
Quote:
Your Mac version should be fine. PM me if you have any trouble with this puzzle on your Mac version 1.00.02.

Posted by: lmdsn

Re: (SPOILER!) Statue Question! - 06/13/08 03:00 PM

Where can I find the patch to the statue puzzle problem? I tried the sticky thread above, but access was denied... why?

Re: (SPOILER!) Statue Question! - 06/13/08 03:07 PM

This is an old (by over a month) thread that is now obsolete. If you've got Windows click on the "Download and Play Virtual Villagers 3 Now!" graphic link on the left.
Posted by: johanna

Re: (SPOILER!) Statue Question! - 06/13/08 08:47 PM

I emailed the address on the link above (thank you arnie) for an updated version of the mac game about 2 days ago and have still not heard back. Is it usual? Or was there an updated set of instructions for the upgrade or is it on the web somewhere now so the email route is wrong? Thank you!
Posted by: Lurkily

Re: (SPOILER!) Statue Question! - 06/14/08 01:09 AM

Originally Posted By: arnie
This is an old (by over a month) thread that is now obsolete. If you've got Windows click on the "Download and Play Virtual Villagers 3 Now!" graphic link on the left.
Originally Posted By: johanna
I emailed the address on the link above (thank you arnie) for an updated version of the mac game about 2 days ago and have still not heard back. Is it usual? Or was there an updated set of instructions for the upgrade or is it on the web somewhere now so the email route is wrong? Thank you!
I got mine via steam, which auto-updates, so I don't know; can you not use these links? They link directly to a downloadable executable, which appears (guessing from the filename) to be a setup program.
Posted by: LadyCFIIAdministrator

Re: (SPOILER!) Statue Question! - 06/14/08 01:29 AM

The Mac version update works differently from the Windows version, and must be obtained by emailing LDW directly according to the instructions in Arthur's post.
Posted by: johanna

Re: (SPOILER!) Statue Question! - 06/14/08 05:26 AM

Thank you - it's the mac version indeed. I'll just have to be patient and hope they answer me sooner than later. \:\)
Posted by: Lurkily

Re: (SPOILER!) Statue Question! - 06/14/08 12:21 PM

I see. My apologies; I checked the link yesterday, and I swear I saw two links, both executables. I looked again today, and the mac version included only instructions . . .
Posted by: Annthewhofan

Re: (SPOILER!) Statue Question! - 06/15/08 01:01 AM

HELP? I got my statue way up the path now on top of where it should go now I can't get my chief to direct any more as I have tried to drop her near the statue in front of it then the back as that did not work. Yet when I put her to the front ealier on she did direct the work. Now it she just goes onto either inspecting food, or proud of the tribe and so on, but not directing.
Posted by: lakitten

Re: (SPOILER!) Statue Question! - 06/15/08 01:13 AM

OK. Because I could not get any more movement of the statue once it was up on the top of the path, I thought I did something wrong so I started over. Well, now I cannot get the Master Builder to put the structure down at the middle of the path to get the statue going from where it is laying at the bottom. Where do I find the fix for this problem??
Posted by: lakitten

Re: (SPOILER!) Statue Question! - 06/15/08 01:16 AM

PS
I have Windows
Posted by: Annthewhofan

Re: (SPOILER!) Statue Question! - 06/15/08 01:20 AM

Thank you arnie I down loaded the latist verson and now my chief is back directing straight away now.
Posted by: laurence

Re: (SPOILER!) Statue Question! - 06/15/08 06:25 PM

Originally Posted By: lakitten
OK. Because I could not get any more movement of the statue once it was up on the top of the path, I thought I did something wrong so I started over. Well, now I cannot get the Master Builder to put the structure down at the middle of the path to get the statue going from where it is laying at the bottom. Where do I find the fix for this problem??
witch version do you have? (it's in the "Menu" screen of your game, at the left bottom)
To get the version 1.00.04, you may go:
VV3 Updated Version: 1.00.04 Good Luck!! \:\)
Posted by: n2joi

Re: (SPOILER!) Statue Question! - 06/20/08 04:39 PM

I'm having the same problem with my statue. It's stuck at the top. Even when I tried to put builders near the bottom - it's still saying "looking at the statue", "good place for a anchor" or "so and so see the statue". I have the windows version and I got it from the site. Help please..thanks!
Posted by: LadyCFIIAdministrator

Re: (SPOILER!) Statue Question! - 06/20/08 05:24 PM

Look in the bottom left corner of the menu screen. If it doesn't say 1.00.04, look here.
Posted by: n2joi

Re: (SPOILER!) Statue Question! - 06/20/08 06:07 PM

Thanks!!!