Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II

Posted by: angiejoy

Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 09/25/07 06:12 AM

I've already read many ideas for improvements to Plant Tycoon scattered around the forums and thought this would be a good place to pull them all together. For instance, someone suggested he would like to be able to keep multiple copies of a seed in each cell of the seed trays. I certainly think that's a good idea. Someone else complained about the waste of time just hanging out in the nursery waiting for plants to sell. I agree. Maybe that would be a good time to catch more bugs for our collections or program a bargaining algorythmn into the nursery.

By the way, if you came up with either of the above ideas please claim credit for them.

I would like to see expansion packs become available. My favorite would be Herbs and Vegetables so I can grow the largest pumpkins or heirloom tomatoes and we could have a good old fashion State Fair Contest in the forums.

Anyone else have any good ideas out there?
Posted by: AtarahPern

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 09/25/07 01:21 PM

I haven't played it long enough yet to have any suggestions for PT2. I'm sure after awhile I will.
I wanted to comment on the time alloted for the demo. I think it's too short. I know an hour is standard for a demo, but in this case I don't think it works. Unless you mess with your computer time while the plants grow, you really don't get to do much. Since it takes the plants over half of that hour to grow, people trying the game don't get much of a chance to try making seeds or buying improvements.
Don't get me wrong, I knew I wanted it BEFORE I tried it, but people who are new to LDW may be turned off by not being able to do much with the demo. So I suggest a longer demo time for PT2.
\:\)
Marcey
Posted by: mistymage

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 09/26/07 12:24 AM

I'd like an in game game of solitaire. Using the plants and people of Isola as the "spots", of course.

I tend to play a ton of solitaire and spider solitaire while waiting for the plants to bud/mature/pollinate or sell. But unlike fish tycoon or the village games.. when playing plant tycoon the music gets "cut off". So I don't hear the sale of a plant.. when doing fish tycoon the kaching sound reminds me to check back and see how many left or time to go back the breeding aquarium.
Posted by: Pinkfish

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 09/26/07 12:44 AM

I#ve just read a few bad reviews on how boring this game is

I actually like it... although the selling part is boring , waiting for plants is boring ...

but the excitement is seeing what you have created

I think there should be more than 6 magic plants maybe two to find when you are mega rich and can afford very very very rare seeds
and click off the nursery and things still sell!!
watching plants grow is not some peoples kind of fun .. hence they didn't buy it... This game is the future , but I have to agree with the review .. gameplay .. zero !!

ok so how do I make a reptans lol
Posted by: Sailorben

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 09/26/07 02:11 AM

Obviously it's not a game for everyone, but then it wasn't designed to be... aesthetics and mental challenges, no wars, no weapons, no rushing around, no acrobatics, no explosions, etc. Gee, I miss those.. not! It's one of the few games I've bought, and that just on the strength of Fish Tycoon, which is equally "boring" while still being entertaining, challenging and enjoyable.

After 30-some years in DP systems, I am very impressed with the graphics and the total integration of the design. One example.. all the plants are different, even the same species.. each plant is a detailed individual, and it retains its unique appearance not just in the greenhouse but in the nursery as well. The breeding algorithms are clever and complex enough for a real challenge. The _bug_-catching bit is very cleverly done as well. I can see the meticulous care in the details throughout the game. The esthetics are delightful too, and so is the music, light-handed, melodic and pleasant. The packaging and presentation are most professional and attractive.

I'm very impressed with LDW's games--I now have both Tycoons and both Villagers games, which is about half the games I've ended up buying over the past year. I've had hundreds of hours of fun with them, and will look forward to their next one.
Posted by: LadyKnight

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 09/26/07 03:54 AM

The main "problem" seems to be the boringness of selling at times which is why I think a "bell" would be good. I mean like a bell we can ring to let the shoppers know we are getting ready to close...that way they don't just keep standing there looking making you wonder if they're gonna buy or not. They would then have a small amount of time to either buy a/the plant or leave the nursery. At that point unsold plants can be put on slow mode or new ones potted where the ones were that did sell.
Might also be good to have some funding credit paid back automatically a little at a time as plants are sold. With interest of course.

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 09/26/07 06:54 AM

I don't get bored with selling.. I go do email, play another game, or even do something useful. I'd surely get bored after a while if I just sat and watched them window-shop. This is, after all, casual gaming, not meant for constant monitoring. Though I do appreciate Fish Tycoon's cash-register "ka-ching", the only consequence of not knowing when the plants are all sold, is that the "number of visitors" stat increases. If there's an issue with not wanting to leave the greenhouse plants unattended, I just put it on "pause" before I go to the nursery--the selling continues normally. Sometimes it's easier to change what I do than what a game does, and makes me just as happy. \:\)
Posted by: sfrose

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 09/26/07 02:22 PM

I agree wit you. I often will mark plants to sell and then do other things. However, AFAIK people playing on Macs don't have this option, and sometimes there are things that I want to do in other gmae slots I have running and I can't sell in one nursery and be in the greenhouse of another ant the same time. \:\(
Posted by: Deathwing

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 09/26/07 02:41 PM

More seed boxes, that would be great, also being able to sell while the plants are growing. Also using the flowers that LDW was unable to use.

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 09/26/07 03:43 PM

Good points, sfrose. But I'm surprised that people on Macs can't window out--I thought Macs were at least on a par with Windows PC's in flexibility. Live and learn.. \:\)
Posted by: LadyCFIIAdministrator

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 09/26/07 04:06 PM

Mac users can easily run the game in a window and switch tasks, just as Windows users can. The one huge difference is that when Plant Tycoon in in the background on a Windows computer, the nursery still operates and customers will continue to buy plants. That's not the case on a Mac.
Posted by: Huntress

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 09/26/07 04:08 PM

I like the idea of multiple seeds in a box slot, because I have to keep deleting seeds I don't want to get rid of. I would also love to have the seeds for sale regenerate faster insead of haveing to wait for 24 hrs
Posted by: sherry3838

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 09/26/07 04:27 PM

Some very good suggestions, and many I read were things I thought were needed before seeing this thread.

YES, on at least being able to minimize the screen and still sell.
When first starting, and through tier3 the selling process is WAY too long, boring and arduous. I almost trashed the game because of it.

Yes, on stackable seeds! AT least a stack of 5.

other suggestion/wants
the small seed tray from the main does not display the host plants (cross) You have to tab to the seed tray to see it, then back again.
Allow the hosts to be visible from the main seed tray.

2) Display the plant names with the picture of the host plants, on the crosses in the seed trays.

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 09/26/07 06:06 PM

Thanks, Barbara, for the explanation. That is a huge difference indeed, and I'd certainly vote for a change to the Mac version at least.

Mostly I'd go for upgrades to mechanics, that don't make the game less challenging, just less laborious. For me that might relate more to some in-game checklist(s) of crossbreeding or species, or something like that to reduce outside paperwork.
Posted by: AtarahPern

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 09/27/07 12:58 PM

HOw about a larger family tree visible when you click on a seed. Or at least a picture of what the seed will be if you've already grown that type. Right now the only way to know one seed from another is to save a seed that was self-polinated. But then I don't remember what I did to get it. While I find the finished spreadsheets helpful, I'm horrible about doing that myself. Thank you BTW for those of you diligent enough to go through all that work!
\:\)
Marcey
Posted by: SWEETEVE46

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 09/27/07 01:46 PM

I think thats a good idea for more seed boxs \:\) and also be able to buy more things for the garden to like a upgrade , also i think we should be able to buy pots and shelves like different colours
Posted by: MochaJew

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 09/28/07 01:36 PM

Great idea. As a NeedleWorker, I keep a short history on every piece I work on. I am also an herbist and would love to see not only herbs and vegetables, but trees in the nursery And it would be nice to see Arthur get up and walk about the nursery once in a while. Maybe talk to a pretty girl...

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 09/28/07 01:39 PM

Originally Posted By: angiejoy
I've already read many ideas for improvements to Plant Tycoon scattered around the forums and thought this would be a good place to pull them all together. For instance, someone suggested he would like to be able to keep multiple copies of a seed in each cell of the seed trays. I certainly think that's a good idea. Someone else complained about the waste of time just hanging out in the nursery waiting for plants to sell. I agree. Maybe that would be a good time to catch more bugs for our collections or program a bargaining algorythmn into the nursery.

By the way, if you came up with either of the above ideas please claim credit for them.

I would like to see expansion packs become available. My favorite would be Herbs and Vegetables so I can grow the largest pumpkins or heirloom tomatoes and we could have a good old fashion State Fair Contest in the forums.

Could I sell one of my quilts at the State Fair?
Posted by: arnie

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 09/28/07 03:08 PM

Quote:
And it would be nice to see Arthur get up and walk about the nursery once in a while.

He seems to be the only one who doesn't seem to do any thinking, as well. Perhaps a thought bubble with a cup of coffee or dollar signs would be appropriate ...

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 09/28/07 04:17 PM

Originally Posted By: arnie
Quote:
And it would be nice to see Arthur get up and walk about the nursery once in a while.

He seems to be the only one who doesn't seem to do any thinking, as well. Perhaps a thought bubble with a cup of coffee or dollar signs would be appropriate ...

Good idea 8\)
Posted by: majeters

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/04/07 03:55 AM

my biggest gripe is the seed storage. what gardener wants to throw away seeds because of space constraints? I realize that it is a strategic part of the game, but I find it more frustrating than fun. the fun of the game is cross breeding and collecting bugs. not deciding what to throw away, and reaping the consequences of my choices.

second biggest gripe is time between growing. 42 minutes to bud; 5-6 minutes till maturation; another 5-10 too collect seeds; then wait for the peoples to oogle the plants, waiting and yelling at them to buy my plants. I don't mind the last part. (my wife laughs her [censored] off when I start to rant). my suggestion, and it should be easy, is to add another speed setting at 2Xfast to trim it down to about a half hour per cycle even 15 minutes (would please alot of us). and I would suggest another setting to make the budding process last around 9 hours so we can plant the seeds and go to work. then when we get home the plants are almost ready for snipping, spraying and cross pollinating.
Posted by: eyeshigh

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/04/07 04:47 AM

on slow it takes about 8 hours, doesn't it?
Posted by: Mike1944

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/04/07 05:13 AM

I would like to have it where you could change the prices on your plants in the nursery if they are not selling.

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/04/07 05:47 AM

Originally Posted By: eyeshigh
on slow it takes about 8 hours, doesn't it?
No, six hours. 315 minutes for budding and 45 more minutes for maturity.

And I agree that the timing for the different levels could be improved. I'd rather have normal be somewhat faster and slow be 8-9 hours also.
Posted by: ThijssjihT

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/04/07 06:46 AM

I completely agree with sfrose. But please don't change the time it takes for your seeds to bud! If you want it to be short, you can use Instant-grow formulae and Instand-grow vaporbombs. There are enough plants to sell for a price high enough to pay those supplies, and making money. And I play PT in windowed mode. While PT is running, I first take good care of my plants, and then I go to this forum, play guitar or keyboard, do push-ups, or do my homework. I mostly play PT for some brakes. (Is this good English? I'm from Holland...)
Posted by: ThijssjihT

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/04/07 06:58 AM

Second thougt about the budding time: Why not make the time a plant to bud compare to it's health? Irl a healthy plant doesn't only grow stronger than those who aren't, but they also take less time to grow.

And I would like to see that you can sell seeds easier. I store 2 seeds of each plant. When I have my greenhouse all filled with 1 specie with 3-5 seeds on it, I have to move my mouse approx. 60 times from plant to trash. It would be a lot easier to move 1 seed a time while using the left mouse button, and all the seeds of that plant with the right mouse button. Or make a button to press to sell all the seeds of the selected plant at once.
Posted by: Funkiroller

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/04/07 01:42 PM

BIGGEST GRIPE? It would have to be the seed storage! You should be able to keep seeds from every plant. If you had 1 slot for each seed and you could store as many of each seed in it as you want, that would be cool.
Second BIGGEST GRIPE? That would be a turner for pruning. On some of the plants you can't really see the dead stuff. If I could by a turner to spin them around, that would solve the problem. I know that one is asking for a little too much.
Posted by: Gamemastr1

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/04/07 03:31 PM

This is something I thought of from the beginning. It would have been nice to have a simple database in the game. Some place where people can track x-breeds and prices and other info. This would definately cut down on the number of charts on the forum. Yes I think the charts are helpful for some but for me I am the type of person who wants to figure it out themselves. The people making these charts have put some time and effort into them but for me, I don't use them as I am subborn that way. \:D But a text-based database would be so helpful and would keep it in the game and not have the need to create one on the "outside". Some people do not have spreadsheet software, although I do, and probably have sheets and sheets of paper strewn about their desk.
Posted by: Krystal

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/08/07 02:02 AM

I'd like to see the ability to trim the trees differently. Something like a Bonsai tree. The branches would look nicer if you weren't clipping a big chunk out of the tree. \:\)
Posted by: Algorithm

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/08/07 02:15 AM

Originally Posted By: Krystal
... Bonsai tree ...
In the image folder there are pictures of unused plants and one of the unused plants is a bonsai tree.
Posted by: Jazzo

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/08/07 02:32 AM

Originally Posted By: Deathwing
More seed boxes, that would be great, also being able to sell while the plants are growing. Also using the flowers that LDW was unable to use.

I have all three seed boxes and I still have too many seeds, *rolls eyes* \:\/

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/08/07 02:36 AM

Yeah, there are so many seeds, you can't even keep one of each when you have all three seed boxes!!
Posted by: gamma

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/08/07 03:19 AM

Maybe I am just strange, but I kinda like having to decide what to keep and throw away. No big deal if you find you threw something away, you can always make it again, if you kept charts of x breeding. Or mutate it again.
Posted by: Toby

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/08/07 06:21 PM

I would like to be able to zoom in and rotate the plants when pruning. This would inevitably stop the my plant won't sell problem as well as the inadvertent snip that takes off the wrong leaf/stem/entire branch. My 8 yr old loves playing the game but she gets a little trigger happy when snipping and oops there goes the entire plant. BTW did you know that even if you snip off the entire plant you can still pollinate what looks like a pot with a seed and still get other seeds? We have found this out the hard way (and were pleasantly surprised).
Posted by: lindy

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/08/07 06:56 PM

I would like to grow more plants at a time. I feel 15 isn't very much. Maybe around 20. I also think that pruning should be made easier. I've also seen many "oops I snipped my plant, wonder how I managed that". Good thing I could still get the seeds. And the I also could see new seed boxes, maybe have several and number them, then when you need one you press on number and out pounces your seed box with seeds in it. that way you could have several. The other thing is I don't mind selling the plants, but sometimes would like to be able to fix/change price/spray _bug_ spray/ or other stuff without having to leave the nursery. My mom also plays the game and her idea would be to buy the items to be able to decorate your nursery but then to be able to place them ourselves. That way our nurseries are like we want them to be.
Posted by: lucas

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/08/07 07:39 PM

yes i think being able to keep one of every seed would be good and also letting plants sell when u are not there. Also more magic plants that include fruites and veg's as well.yes very cool plants that make u want to bread. Also all the seeds not used the purple ones the roses.
Posted by: Keza132

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/08/07 07:45 PM

I don't really like the idea of keeping one of every seed, wouldn't this make the game ALOT easier?

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/08/07 08:38 PM

I have a feeling that most suggestions would make the game a lot easier. I hardly ever see someone suggesting a change to make the game harder even though some of us would like more difficult challenges. ;\)

Even though I would like the ability to every seed (in one game I'm trying to create every species!) not being able to do so does make the breeding task harder.

I made suggestions before about being able to keep multiple copies of seeds. Up to eight seeds each, and the seed tray needs to be empty (or have enough open cells) to sort out the seeds in a seed box cell. I would also like to be able to sort the seeds by flower or foliage type (if known) and/or by parent data.

Or be able to add "notes" to seed box cells for what seed is there. So much of my time is "wasted" going back and forth with the game and my spreadsheets trying to remember what each seed will produce and which ones to delete next to make room for other newer seeds.
Posted by: Dezz

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/09/07 01:36 AM

As it has been said by others Seed Storage would be great. Not necessarily in the Seed screen. Maybe there can be some sort of storehouse that seeds can be kept in when you are not using or wanting to use them right away.
The additional speed choices would be nice because while I do understand that it is possible to buy things to help speed up the growing process they growing rate isn't constant. (When you use the vapor bomb it doesn't effect all the plants the same way so it can become quite expensive very easily and quickly.)
Some way to keep track of the plants as suggested by Gamemastr1 would be great. I want to be able to figure things out myself and because of that reason I did decide to start keeping a written record of everything, but there has to be an easier way that is built into the game.
Different ways to trim the plants would be nice too. (I like the idea of putting a plant on a turning table to move it around to look at it from all angles that Funkiroller suggested.)
I know that I am repeating things that other people have already said repeatedly, but so far in my experience these are things that have been a source of frustration for me.
Posted by: TNGardner

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/09/07 05:56 PM

Just a few of my thoughts as I have not completed the game yet and haven't gotten everything. It would be nice to "prune" a little at a time on the trees. I mean Come on who take a whole branch off. I like to be able to shape them in the same manner as the Bonzi. It would also be nice to be able to "shrink" the screen down when you are "waiting" for the plants to do there thing. The back and forth to quit the game seems like a lot of extra movement to be doing when you could just hit the min button and work on something else on your computer with the greenhouse still in view. I also agree about the time speeds. Slow= 8-9 hours or real time. Normal= 4-6 or 1/2 the real time, Fast= 2-3 hours or 1/4 of the time, Super Fast= in less the 15 min. plants have grown matured and pollinated. This wouldn't be for the weak of heart, or those that want to relax, this would be more of a game mode. Quick and hard to keep up with. I think that would take the "boring" out of it. Other then that MORE BUGS when you are growing. I mean I learned early on if I had the _bug_ already I got cash. That was a great bonus, drawl back they don't come that often. Also more BUGS in general to collect. Tier one has x amount, tier 2 x amount, tier 3 x amount, tier 4 x amount (that you can't even get to until you collected all the other tiers.) Maybe some snails, slugs and other bugs that you see around a greenhouse other then dragonflies, butterflies, beetles and spiders. Maybe a tier 4 could be a garden snake or something. Hey a girl can wish can't she!
TN

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/09/07 06:20 PM

Originally Posted By: TNGardner
It would also be nice to be able to "shrink" the screen down when you are "waiting" for the plants to do there thing. The back and forth to quit the game seems like a lot of extra movement to be doing when you could just hit the min button and work on something else on your computer with the greenhouse still in view.
For most things you can minimize the game or just bring another window in front of it. You don't need to quit and restart the game. The "clock" will run at all times unless the option to pause time is used.

The only exception is that for plants to sell in the nursery, the window must be open (though on a PC it can be "behind" other windows.)

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/10/07 04:02 PM

Originally Posted By: sfrose
It would also be nice to be able to "shrink" the screen down when you are "waiting" for the plants to do there thing. The back and forth to quit the game seems like a lot of extra movement to be doing when you could just hit the min button and work on something else on your computer with the greenhouse still in view.
For most things you can minimize the game or just bring another window in front of it. You don't need to quit and restart the game. The "clock" will run at all times unless the option to pause time is used.

The only exception is that for plants to sell in the nursery, the window must be open (though on a PC it can be "behind" other windows.)

WOW! I didn't know that! HOW please explain! Please, I tried every trick I knew and couldn't get it to "minimize" or "shrink" for me at all.
TN

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/10/07 04:33 PM

Go to the Menu screen, click Options, and set full screen mode to off. \:\)
Posted by: Dezz

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/10/07 09:44 PM

The comment that TNGardner made about having the bugs come more frequently and have more bugs to collect would be great!!!!!

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/10/07 10:22 PM

OK, how about a chemical you spray to attract rare bugs??? \:D
Posted by: miniflowers

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/10/07 10:40 PM

I'd like to be able to change the price of just *one* plant - or more - without changing the "base" price of that whole plant category - sometimes by the time my trees get "pruned" (hacked would be more like it lol), I have a stick with some green stuff on it - couldn't call them branches on a bet! Obviously, they aren't going to sell - neither are the cacti with their only bud gone rotten. Shame to have to trash them completely. Lowering the price for that particular plant would be great - and being able to lower the price of any plant in the nursery IN the nursery without changing the base price of the thing would be heaven on earth! I'd a lot rather take a loss than spend forever waiting for that last plant to sell...
Posted by: kjb2

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/11/07 10:54 PM

Things I would like to see in PT2:
1. Like many others have mentioned in this thread: MORE seed boxes - or a way to archive seeds we want to save, but not actively use Or maybe a window, like the _bug_ collection, of seeds collected, but with an option to be able to use one of the "collected seeds" down the line in a cross breeding.
2. More things to buy for the Nursery. I keep seeing the sims thought bubbles for coffee, so maybe a snack kiosk to pull in extra money. No ideas for the thought bubbles of cars. Maybe a dog or cat.
3. Add a couple of the Isola Magic Plants, and have them be from the Tier 4.
4. Please, please, please fix the Nursery sales window for Macs. It's really annoying to not be able to work on other things if the Nursery window has to be active to sell.
5. I love that clicking on the bird house, turtle, wagon, and sundial have actions. Could the owl, angel, lantern, and wind vane had actions, too?
6. When a plant is not selling in the Nursery, would like to change the price of that individual plant without changing the price of all its kind - sometimes I forget to go back and reprice the others.
7. tools: I truly see no difference between the basic and golden shears and butterfly nets. They work the same for me (I caught more bugs (40) with the basic net than the golden net), golden tools just cost more.
8: seeds: could seeds refresh every 8 or 12 hours, instead of 24?
Love the mental challenge of this program, trying to cross breed seeds for a new plant. Cool!!
Posted by: QuickStorm

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/12/07 12:11 AM

kjb2, I don't use a MAC but I minimize my screen when I'm in the nursery for doing other things. Can't you do that with MAC? All I need to do is go to Menu, then options screen and change from full screen.

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/12/07 12:29 AM

It doesn't work that way on a Mac.

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/12/07 12:59 AM

On my computer (a mac) if you go to another window, the nursery stops.

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/12/07 01:02 AM

Aww, sorry guys.

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/12/07 03:50 AM

Originally Posted By: kjb2
7. tools: I truly see no difference between the basic and golden shears and butterfly nets. They work the same for me (I caught more bugs (40) with the basic net than the golden net), golden tools just cost more.
When you upgrade the shears they cause less damage to the plants. With the L1 shears, if you prune a healthy branch, leaf or flower, there will be a big reduction in health. With the upgraded shears that doesn't happen.

I've discovered that with practice I get better at using the net, so when I upgrade I don't notice a lot of difference. But after playing for a while in a game with the golden net, if I start a new game and I'm back to the green net it is more noticable. bugs that I was able to catch before are harder again and/or I'm feeling more clumbsy with the net.
Posted by: marbleann

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/12/07 06:24 AM

Hi I play a lot of sim type games for years. I find this one very engrossing but man there is a few things I would love to see.,

1) Have a place in the game we can put the seeds and plants that
we are not going to use anytime soon but will need in the future. I have a lot of seeds in those storage boxes that I am not going to use for a while, but will later on. They are just sitting there taking up space.
If we can just save, seeds in a separate place and go back and upload them later when we need them it would be great. I believe that will free up a lot of space in the storage boxes. Expanding them will not solve the problem of seeds because the more we tinker with them and the more exotic the plants the game calls for more seeds and combos. It is the nature of the game. I believe us worrying about storing seeds takes a lot from the game play.

2) I believe the game should supply us with the grids. I do not believe that a few players should have to make them up for us. It is great that they take a lot of time to do it and share it with us. But I believe the game should include a utility within the game for us. Some of us are not very computer savvy and it would be great to incorporate it in the game itself. I believe we should be able to fill them in ourselves and delete and add at will. That way everybody can fill in their own grids and will not have to have a program such as excel which a lot of us don't have to to take advantage of it. I think it would be a very interesting part of the game. That way we can get some type of bonus for finding plants, if people want to use it. But the only way we could get them is if we fill out he combo correctly in the grid. But you have the option not to use it.

3)Tell us the plants names while they are in the pot growing.

4)Name slots to id the seeds that look exactly the same but are not . So when we save them we can tell automatically what is what.

5)And name the seeds in the store.

The game itself is great. And I would not change the dynamics of the game just add some extra things.

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/12/07 05:48 PM

#1. I think that there should be like 6 magic plants for tier 1 plants. then for tire 2 and so on.

#2. more tables to make plants like maybe 20 so that we have more of a pick to cross bred them

#3. yes we need better upgrade for the nursery more of a selection

#4. Better and more supply upgtrades to.

#5. The watering can it hurts my hand to sit there and water the plants a short cut
Posted by: lp7p

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/12/07 05:54 PM

I like the already posted idea, of being able to store multiple seeds in the slots.

I'd also like to be able to pick up those little Isolans and drop them on the plant and make then buy it LOL.

With over 500 species to discover in PT1 I can't imagine having six plants for each tier. Whew....My husband would destroy my computer and cut up my credit card. Geez. The thought is horrifying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/12/07 06:14 PM

yes picking up the people to place them at a plant would be cool i think as well it would be cool to hear them say something like who moved me or some thing to that effect lol
Posted by: SueKao

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/12/07 09:29 PM

Not sure if anyone suggested but it would be nice to show plant name in seed box screen! I'm PC user!

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/12/07 10:04 PM

Number one fix though of all times and I think we all agree on this on MOVE THE SHEARS AWAY FROM THE NET! LOL I love to be able to put tools in differant locations, just for that reason. I sometimes think this was an intentional play my the game developers!

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/13/07 03:53 AM

yes i know what you mean about the shears. I have niped some plants I didnt want to lol. So you are not the only one okay.
Posted by: Growbag

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/14/07 04:07 PM

The problem on my mac is that I can't look at any other window, e.g. my webbrowser, as the 'active' window, i.e. the one on top, without plant tycoon pausing. Whether I'm in the nursery waiting for plants to sell or the greenhouse for plants to grow.

I don't even see an option to have two windows going at the same time for different plant tycoon games.

Regarding the first issue though, this isn't something I've noticed before, so I wondered if it was to do with this particular mac version of the game, rather than something about macs in particular? Not a tech expert and happy to learn, and/or be corrected!
Posted by: squawky

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/14/07 04:18 PM

That's the way VV is for Mac, too (it pauses when you put the window in the background). Not the same for Fish Tycoon, though (I'm selling fish right now \:\) ).

You can move the PT window out of the way if you want to read something in the background (push it all the way to the bottom or side), but you can't click out of PT or else it will stop.

I usually just plan to have something else to do away from computer when I sell plants.

As for playing in two windows at the same time, I don't think that's possible in either the Mac or PC versions -- but there are multiple game slots for each window you can switch between, so no need to suck up twice the CPU...

-- jen

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/15/07 04:21 PM

can we give names for plants to create. like a
1. TEAR DROP LEMON TREE
2. SHOTING STAR VIPER

JUST NAMES TO THINK ABOUT LOL
Posted by: Oberonsal

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/16/07 08:21 PM

Not exactly a "Plant Tycoon" upgrade idea, but a related idea for the developers. I have been playing "Plant Tycoon" so much that it has gotten into my sleep brain. Last night I kept having dreams about getting "seeds" from my Bernese Mountain Dog and developing new dog breeds.

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/16/07 09:40 PM

I know what you mean I have dreams I am breeding new plants and I get all happy my husband said I was selling plants for 15000 I guess I talk in my sleep now lol.
Posted by: kir

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/16/07 10:28 PM

I agree the selling is the part that kills me too. I think that the items that are bought to attract the customers, ie: turtle, owl etc. should all have some moving parts or something to tinker with. While I am waiting, I usually messed with the turtle or make the bird come out of the birdhouse. If the other things had some kind of distraction,movement or mini game it would make the time pass faster. Also,make the mega quick grow solution (whatever it is called not so darn expensive!) Bugs are fun but sometimes you just wanna get on with it.
Posted by: Bec

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/17/07 01:42 AM

ok havent seen this one yet. But when your in the store looking at the seeds it would be great if you could see what flower it will produce before you buy it.

BEc

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/17/07 01:46 AM

Well, that makes it too easy \:D

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/17/07 01:49 AM

HAHAHAHA

Yes I figured it might. lol but it would be kind of nice.

Bec

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/17/07 11:06 AM

Kir: there are other nursery items that do things not just those u mentioned. I strongly suggest catching all the bugs for ur collection. I love windows, as previously stated somewhere on here. I'll check my email, review the forum other things on the computer while waiting for plants to sell.

Being a working wife, I'll even prep dinner, do laundry, wash my hair, clean house etc. While propagating and selling plants.
Posted by: kir

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/17/07 09:49 PM

Thank you, this was very helpful. I guess I haven't gotten too far into the game to buy all the stuff yet. I will try your suggestions though.

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/18/07 05:32 PM

wE SHOULD BE ABLE TO BUY EXTRA SEED TRAYS FOR OUR SEEDS. THAT WAY IF WE REALLY WANT TO SAVE ONE OF EACH THAT WOULD BE A GREAT WAY TO DO IT. CAUSE I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO TAKE A PICTURE OF ALL ON BREED IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/18/07 05:44 PM

Hi lucas, I'm not sure because we can buy extra seed trays. We can have up to 3 seed trays within the game that's a total of 120 seeds in storage tray plus 8 in seed box.

As far as taking pictures of ur plants, u can do that too. You can have as many pictures as you can store on ur hard drive, disks etc.

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/18/07 06:33 PM

Rather than speculate on how to remake the wheel. I would like to see the nursery visitors who do make a purchase walk away from the register with a little bag with a tiny LDW logo on the bag.

Another thing based on what my villagers are thinking, I would like to see a fish in the lowest level of the fountain after you get all magic plants, all the upgrades for both the nursery and supplies and after you complete all the insects.

Maybe, when you click on the lantern it will light up and the weather vane could move. We'll stay away from what the cherub could do.

Oh, I think a garden gnome would be great too.

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/18/07 07:08 PM

Originally Posted By: QuickStorm
Another thing based on what my villagers are thinking, I would like to see a fish in the lowest level of the fountain after you get all magic plants, all the upgrades for both the nursery and supplies and after you complete all the insects.
I was thinking that it would be cool if a player could "throw" coins into the fountain. A sparkle could appear, plus a splashing sound. And maybe even the cash be decremented by $1. ;\)

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/18/07 07:42 PM

If my $ is decreased then I would like an event where upon throwing X amount of coins or a particular denomination; or upon having done it X times then we can get a windfall-Maybe $100,000 extra dollars. I'd even take a $100, $50....

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/18/07 08:16 PM

With your proposal, sfrose, we would then be able to interact with our customers in the nursery which would be a good thing since Arthur is stuck behind the register all the time. Also, if the producers don't want to make it a user-defined action, it could be a random action of the villager. Then we would have to watch them and see who is throwing coins in the fountain.

With the same type of premise for the gong events in VV:TLC; after a designated amount of coins in the fountain, the villager is granted their wish (which, you as the player, don't know) it could be a random event like in VV:TLC. The predetermined amount could be 100, 1000, 5000 or whatever and to make it a little more fun, there is nowhere to click and find out the total number of coins deposited in the fountain.

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/18/07 08:32 PM

The way I figure it is that by the time a player can afford the fountain, there isn't as much urgent need for money. \:\) So throwing some of it in the fountain will give the player something to do.

Rather than a windfall, I'd like to see the next sale come more quickly or some special effects: glitter/sparkles/rainbows, etc. over a customer or a plant. Or even "luck" when returning to the greenhouse in catching a rare insect.

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/18/07 08:42 PM

sfrose, this type of thing could be so cool. I'm sure that we could come up with different random "events" for the coin tossing (just don't hit my fish). \:\)

As you said, special effects and "luck". The luck could be a rare insect or even more insects in like a 30-second time range when you return to your greenhouse.

Again, luck, one of your plants blooms early or lots of foliage.

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/18/07 09:22 PM

Since we spend so much time in the nursery maybe we could be able to rearrange the items we purchase for the nursery. I'd like to move or swap out the beach umbrella or have the option to put the bench or a blanket under it. I would also move the wheelbarrow. I liked an earlier suggestion about the lantern lighting at evening.
Posted by: pianoplayer

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/19/07 06:48 PM

The 'think' boxes that have nothing to do with the game need to go. You know which ones - the baby, car, fish and purple rose. They are distracting and have nothing to do with the game.

I think the number of plants that grow at one time should be upped to at least 20. It would allow you to make more money faster and not get so frustrated - money is not easy to come by at the beginning of the game.

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/19/07 08:54 PM

Oh, I think the "think" boxes are kinda cute almost resembling us humans. I've been in a store or somewhere else when I think to myself "I want to go home" or "I would like to go to a XXX store".

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/19/07 11:19 PM

I like some of the 'think' boxes, too -- the car looks a little like my car, so I get a little giggle out of seeing it. Kinda like when the peeps check out the turtle or sit on the bench (not a "useful" action, but a fun one)

-- jen
Posted by: Novinha

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/20/07 01:33 PM

I think it would be nice if when you buy the new sign it's personalized (Novinha's Nursery).
Posted by: Dina Leote

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/21/07 04:02 AM

A magnifying glass.
Posted by: laurence

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/21/07 06:47 AM

oh, YES! A magnifying glass!!
Posted by: qwerty

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/21/07 08:04 AM

Originally Posted By: Dina Leote
A magnifying glass.

what would u use it for
Posted by: qwerty

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/21/07 08:08 AM

Originally Posted By: Novinha
I think it would be nice if when you buy the new sign it's personalized (Novinha's Nursery).

cool that wood b awesome

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/21/07 08:54 AM

A personalized sign would be cool.

Bec

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/21/07 12:03 PM

Originally Posted By: qwerty
Originally Posted By: Dina Leote
A magnifying glass.

what would u use it for

For looking for the dead leafs!!

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/21/07 01:28 PM

Cute laurence. I have my own. Didn't purchase it for the game, just for reading fine print. Didn't want to spend more for those no-line bifocals. It works great. I don't inspect plants without it.LOL

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/21/07 01:59 PM

I have a Microsoft mouse which has a built in magnifying glass.

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/21/07 06:57 PM

I mean for plant tycoon 2 to be able to buy extra seed trays like we do for upgrades to nets water ect.
Posted by: Kasey323.ink

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/21/07 08:39 PM

It would be great if flowers had a certain flowering period in a day or whatever time. \:\)
Posted by: Llinx

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/22/07 12:09 AM

I am having only one problem with plant tycoon and i think this is an issue that can be easily resolved with a little programming.....

I find the small, thin leaved plants hard to see when it comes to trimming dead leaves, so I would very much like to see this as soon as possible..... a zoom in mode for closer inspection and the ability to turn the pot round to see the plant better from all angles \:D

ps, whoever picked the music, NICE CHOICE!
Posted by: Llinx

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/22/07 12:28 AM

Oh blimey! He's off on one..................

Possible ideas for pt2 :

Composting (dead leaves gotta go somewhere)
A Managed water butt (would require weather changes though)
Soil testing (perhaps a kit, nitrogen, phosphrogen, pottasium)
Full sun and partial shade shelves (not all plants like full sun)

Im sure theres a lot more, but you can only put so much into a game huh?
Posted by: Funkiroller

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/22/07 01:41 PM

Yea, I made the sugestion of a turn table earlier. I think it would be so helpful!
Posted by: Khendri

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/23/07 05:25 PM

Originally Posted By: angiejoy
For instance, someone suggested he would like to be able to keep multiple copies of a seed in each cell of the seed trays. I certainly think that's a good idea.

Boy do I agree with that.

Someone else complained about the waste of time just hanging out in the nursery waiting for plants to sell. I agree. Maybe that would be a good time to catch more bugs for our collections or program a bargaining algorythmn into the nursery.

Love this idea too.

I would like to see expansion packs become available. My favorite would be Herbs and Vegetables

I agree with that one also.

My biggest problem is when playing for any length of time, it makes me realize it would be nice to mass put dirt in pots and mass water all empty pots. It really makes my hands go numb having to do each individual pot.

When it comes to moving the seeds after polination, there should be an easier way to move all the seeds at once if you want either to the trash to sell or up above or into the seed tray. Drag and drop just ads to the stresses on my fingers, hand and arm when playing for any length of time.

I'll read all the other posts later today.

Glad you started this thread,
Kathy
Posted by: PlantPat

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/25/07 11:08 AM

I would like to see how much money I actually make on just catching bugs alone - I still can't resisit dropping everything and grabbing the net when a _bug_ appears! I have the game all finished now except for breeding a few more plants just to say I got all of them and all the seeds in my VST - I have 399 at this point.

I would also rather see how many seeds I have trashed and how much I got in $ for them rather than see, for example, how much water I have poured out.

I have made my own complete mutation chart for plants and flowers when using the DNA chemical - I have seen a few asking about it but have yet to see it published here anywhere. Can I give it here anywhere? - it is, at this point, hand written but wouldn't take much to get it typed into Word. I would have to work on the best way to set it up - some kind of chart form? Maybe another chart for Borg's newest VST??

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/25/07 11:26 AM

I like the idea of empty charts being imbedded in the game for PTII - esp. 1)if it would fill in automatically when we have the seed and/or breed a new plant (like Borg's! - what a genius he is!)- plus, it should show the combo used to breed it and store one permanent spare seed to have for use as needed - how many seeds did I accidently trash not knowing I would need it later on. - or I had only one seed and had to grow the plant and make more seeds to keep my backup one before I could actually get to doing what I wanted the seed for.

2)As new flowers are discovered then another chart for flowers should fill in the same showing what we did to get it.

I have litterally 100's of waste baskets of paper filled with all the things I did to get the game done - would have been nice to have charts fill automatically as I did it! Much easier than trying to find that scrunched up piece thrown out yesterday. lol

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/25/07 11:38 AM

I would also like to see the option for buying more chemicals at once - like 10 Bombs rather than clicking for each one - just a matter of putting a slot on the purchase window for # of item wanted.

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/25/07 01:40 PM

Originally Posted By: PlantPat
I have made my own complete mutation chart for plants and flowers when using the DNA chemical - I have seen a few asking about it but have yet to see it published here anywhere. Can I give it here anywhere? - it is, at this point, hand written but wouldn't take much to get it typed into Word. I would have to work on the best way to set it up - some kind of chart form?
Have you looked in the Guides section? There is a Mutation Guide that I submitted back in September:

Warning, Spoilers if you click this link.

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/25/07 02:31 PM

Ah Yes I found it - Somehow I didn't see there was a 2nd page to the Guide !DUH! It is set up very nicely - clear to understand - I checked a few of mine against it and mine seem ok - I have tried to do as much on my own without using the spoilers - The game is more fun this way and it is nice to check when done with the Guides and find how well one does.

Thanks for the answer - You are very fast on keeping up with all our comments! and always easy to understand!

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/25/07 03:16 PM

If you decide to put yours in Word format and would like to submit it for possible inclusion in the guides, please see this post. \:\)
Posted by: Borg

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/25/07 05:56 PM

Shameless Plug

Virtual Seed Tray also gives mutation information. \:\)

warning: the following link is a spoiler: Picture of VST Mutation Info

Click HERE to download the latest version of Virtual Seed Tray for Plant Tycoon (warning: This link takes you to a note that has spoilers in it. To download the program without reading the spoilers, scroll down quickly to the bottom of the note while looking at your shoes. \:\) At the bottom of that page you will find the link to download the program. )

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/25/07 07:37 PM

Ah Yes I found it - Somehow I didn't see there was a 2nd page to the Guide !DUH! It is set up very nicely - clear to understand - I checked a few of mine against it and mine seem ok - I have tried to do as much on my own without using the spoilers - The game is more fun this way and it is nice to check when done with the Guides and find how well one does.

Thanks for the answer - You are very fast on keeping up with all our comments! and always easy to understand!
You're welcome!

LOL! I changed my preferences to show 25 threads per page. So I forget that other people might not see everything.

I understand about checking with the guides already posted after doing what I wanted on my own. I made my own breeding charts and wouldn't look at Borg's until I found all of the MPs. I also worked out the Mutation Guide, noticed a simlarity in parts of Borg's chart and figured out that the full charts weren't needed.

It's possible that you may figure out a different way to explain things that will help other players.
Posted by: loki is sorry!!!

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/25/07 08:21 PM

i want to see things like the bugs make notes like: golden spider: g f g ect. so you can make better music the more bugs you have, and special combinations make your plants mutate, grow, sell and self-pollinate. also you can buy special note patterns from the store like: "tahitian spider, golden spider, plum butterfly, bumpy spider." so you don't have to figure it out yourself!
Posted by: Mike1944

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/26/07 07:21 AM

I'd like to see Borg make an improvement to the Virtual Seed Tray where you could transfer seeds from one game to another game.
Posted by: Kasey323.ink

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/26/07 08:59 AM

I do think that would allow people to cheat, Mike... It takes the fun out of having to find the seed? \:\)

Above all: I'd like to see plants go to sleep at certain times.

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/26/07 04:14 PM

Another new suggestion for PTII - Have a rainstorm available when we want to water all the plants already growing - maybe coming from the top of the screen showering over all the plants - with a bit of thunder and lightning in the background - or just a gentle watering by clicking on that tempting nozzle at the top pointing at the nursery benches.

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/26/07 08:29 PM

How about 2 buttons under each pot where we could tick off "harvest" seeds (which would put them in our seed trays) or "trash" seeds (which would let us trash all 3-6 at once and cash in) without all the picking up and dropping..
Posted by: mare010987

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/27/07 04:19 AM

i would like to have the ability to buy another table to be able to plant more flowers, herbs and veggies. multiple seeds per compartment would be great too.

the idea of catching the bugs is great while you are in there taking care of your flowers, but why don't you carry it a bit further & let bugs also be caught while you are waiting in the nursery???

also, the items you can buy, like the birdhouse, you ought to be able to see in the nursery as you can see the bench, the weather vane and the water fountain. other items also should be available to customers in the nursery, like empty pots, soil, chemicals, etc. in other words, ways to make more money faster to buy the upgrades and things that are available

i think those improvements would make the game much more interesting....

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/27/07 05:37 AM

... Have a rainstorm available when we want to water all the plants already growing ...
see this post: The Constant Gardener
Posted by: kittenangel2001

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/27/07 11:01 AM

Originally Posted By: Borg
Shameless Plug

Virtual Seed Tray also gives mutation information. \:\)

warning: the following link is a spoiler: Picture of VST Mutation Info

Click HERE to download the latest version of Virtual Seed Tray for Plant Tycoon (warning: This link takes you to a note that has spoilers in it. To download the program without reading the spoilers, scroll down quickly to the bottom of the note while looking at your shoes. \:\) At the bottom of that page you will find the link to download the program. )

We love you Borg!! there really is no reason why we wouldn't!

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/27/07 04:59 PM

I hope to see a lot of the utilities and mods integrated into PTII. Anything that helps me keep track of pollination experiments and seeds is wonderful. Especially, if it helps me get rid of the mound of paperwork I am accumulating. PS Thank you LadyCFII and Borg for the recent utilities, they help a lot.

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/29/07 09:37 PM

WEll, I downloaded the CG today and it is great - as usual with all your programs - still in PTII it would be nice to actually see the water coming out of the hose!
Posted by: biddy

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/31/07 10:10 PM

A VERY big thank you Borg for the Constant Gardener,
It is a great boon to those of us that have sore wrists, elbows, arms etc!!!!!
And thanks to the LDW team for yet another GREAT game, looking forward to VV3 and PT2.

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 11/01/07 12:32 AM

Originally Posted By: kittenangel2001
We love you Borg!! there really is no reason why we wouldn't!
I love you too! \:\) Glad you are having fun \:\)
Originally Posted By: lp7p
Thank you LadyCFII and Borg for the recent utilities, they help a lot.
You are 1000% welcome! \:\) And thank you for all the beta-testing you did! \:\)
Well, I downloaded the CG today and it is great
Thank you very much \:\) I am very happy you like it \:\)
Originally Posted By: biddysaurus
A VERY big thank you Borg for the Constant Gardener
A very big your welcome! \:\) Glad you find it useful \:\)

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 11/01/07 08:21 AM

More magic plants to discover and a more prominet _bug_ display in the Nursery.
Posted by: Melvin

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 11/02/07 05:32 AM

well one thing could be a magic plant that can give more time options (like x2.5 speed, not that it may matter) and a magic plant that increases the amount of seeds you get, or a plant with a special pollen that may either cure a plant, or kill it.
Posted by: TheGnome

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 11/04/07 07:33 AM

Would it be possible to incorporate a Notice Board in the Nursery where we could display, for example, a 'CLEARANCE SALE' or 'CACTUS SALE' sign and fill the Nursery with the plants to match.

Would the customers be aware of it? I tend to forget they are only computer images.

It would be fun to edit the text on the board and come up with some interesting signs. We could even have a Patriotic Day and have plants to match our countries' colours. Green and gold for the Aussies \:\) Lots of Spotted and Blazing plants! I have designed a red, white and blue display on a few occasions (I was born in England)and it looks good.

When I see a cup of coffee in the customers' thought bubbles I think that a coffee machine might keep them happy too. 5 bucks a pop might add to our incomes.

Just another of my weird ideas
Posted by: xoxosweets

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 11/04/07 07:42 AM

how about a extra growing area like in fish tycoon where you have 3 aquarimes
maybe have to buy the other growing boxes so that when pollinated plant can go in one new seed in other and other box have plants waitng to bud type thing so that we have 3 growing boxes
Posted by: lizriz

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 11/04/07 05:24 PM

Forgive me if someone said this already, but I'd really like to be able to change prices and prune in the nursery. \:\)

Also, I agree that seed boxes should be able to have multiple quantities of each seed so that you don't have to throw them out so much.

My dream upgrade would be an automatic notebook that fills in your discoveries as you good. \:\)

LOVE the game!

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 11/04/07 05:26 PM

I think you should be able to buy like another page of seed boxes, so u can buy an addl. seed box or an addl. page of seed boxes.

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 11/04/07 05:54 PM

I'm now remembering a good one I had. In the nursery, u can out up a 50% off sign or a 25% off sign and that will automatically price your plants accordingly, attract more visitors, and it will be more lifelike. I also would like to have the nursery sign say whatever we want it to.
Posted by: TheGnome

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 11/06/07 02:56 AM

I'd like to be able to zoom in on a particular plant while pruning etc. For those of us whose eyesight is getting a little poorer, pruning something like a Grass plant means the pruning shears in one hand, a magnifying glass in the other, nose up against the monitor, then a lot of concentration.
Posted by: mary4jokes

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 11/16/07 10:33 PM

I totally agree with the nursery needs to be sell supporting without me there to watch it, if i put it on NOT full screen i can at least go to another page like my emails and read them but on full screen if i switch at all they stop selling what a PAIN
Posted by: lizard

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 11/17/07 06:49 PM

I would like the game to reward tending the plants. For example, if you prune all along during the growth process, the plants should respond by filling in the places that were pruned. However, if you plant and don't return until maturity, when you prune you'd have big gaps in your plants like now.

I would also like to be able to change prices on plants when they are in the nursery without closing that window.
Posted by: RuthieJo

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 11/17/07 09:40 PM

We don't really need extra seed flats, if you've got the virtual seed box, that's all you need. But the VSB might be incorporated into the PT2 game. Also it would be nice to have that VSB have an image of each seed and of what the plant looks like. Also, we need to be able to distinguish between each tier of plants, in any sort of seed box.

I'd like to be able to say, highlight an entire row of seeds and sell them all at once, or move them the the VSB all at once.

I'd also like a way to be able to move a magic plant out of the nursery, say into a hold section, for a while. In one of the ID's I was playing, I got one magic plant and it changed the prices of all of my plants, and even though I was selling some of them at a much higher price and was making my extra money that way. This magic plant lowers your prices and if you raise them again, the
customers won't buy them at the higher prices any more.

I'd also like to be able to move the clock ahead with all of the soils, instead of just the green soil. When I move my clock ahead with the blue and yellow soils, too many of my plants die.

Also we need a larger chemical tray,

I always keep one or two other games open, to play while the plants are growing, or while they're in the nursery.

Also, it would be nice if the seed you can buy from the supplies, are all different. This morning when I started playing under a new ID, I bought the first three seeds, to round out my pots to 15 plants. Two of those three where identical, which were also identical to two of the starting out seeds in my seed box, thus I had four identical seeds.

How about every time you buy a seed from the supply room, it's replaced at once, not once every twelve hours or so.

Ok, I'll shut up for now, that is.
Posted by: Thiris

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 11/18/07 01:06 AM

i wish we coul re pollante plants as many times as we wanted

note i didnt read any post dont get mad at me if u posted this plz

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 11/18/07 01:31 AM

me 2, but it would make the game too easy
Posted by: fluffywelshsheep

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 11/19/07 10:13 PM

just wondering a new to Plant tycoon, I was just wondering if we could get the trash changed in to a compost bin? or a incinerator eg that what you do with plant you your finished with instead of putting them in the bin.
I have not completed or anything like that i was just wondering could you included a 'coffee stand' in to corner?
Posted by: eyeshigh

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 11/22/07 02:46 AM

Maybe instead of just being able to pollinate as many times as you want there could be an expensive one time use chemical in the shop that allowed you to re-pollinate.

If it were expensive enough, it wouldn't make the game easier to play, it would only be valuable after a certain point in the game when you are just trying to discover all the species, etc.
Posted by: UnlawfulAccess

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 11/24/07 01:25 AM

I'd like another seed tray three doesnt seem to be enough...
Posted by: Tmac

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 11/24/07 01:30 AM

borg made a virtual seed tray , you can downlaod it \:D

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 11/24/07 02:11 AM

Yes i know but theres too many steps to using it and too many things that can go wrong, i dont want to lose my progress.

I'm not that computer savvy....
Posted by: Robert1220

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 11/24/07 03:24 AM

its easy, just quit the game, store the seeds and voila! there!

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 11/24/07 05:42 AM

I thought there was something about having to back up your gamesave file and all that stuff...

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 11/24/07 07:55 AM

It's alway a good thing to make some backup of your game, each time you progress, and it's very easy (I can do it!! ;\) ) Look at the Guide and follow the instructions. And it's very important to never open the VST and the PT Game in the same time!! So it will make your game more quiet!

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 11/24/07 11:20 AM

Sorry but im just not comfortable messing with it, if it was built in to the game i might have used it but its not...
Posted by: MamaSheets

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 11/27/07 02:24 PM

I agree it's a waste of time hanging out at the nursery. I could be back in the greenhouse cultivating new plants. Maybe they could split the screen so you can watch the nursery and grow your plants.

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 11/27/07 02:44 PM

I've posted this in other places, but I just want to say it again for our new members. There are other things you can do besides hanging out in the nursery. I'm posting this and have my nursery in the background, plants flying off the shelves.

Borgs VST is a must for us adventurous, leading edge tycooners (LOL). You won't have any problems with it if you don't run Plant Tycoon and the VST at the same time. I won't get into using the wonderful breeding chart contained in the VST with PT open because that could cause problems if you make a mistake and try to move seeds with PT open. If you're getting frustrated with only 120 seeds available, or you're afraid of trashing the wrong seed...then you will want the VST it definitely boosts game play efficiency. Happy Tycooning
Posted by: Christy79

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 11/27/07 07:02 PM

How about 2 buttons under each pot where we could tick off "harvest" seeds (which would put them in our seed trays) or "trash" seeds (which would let us trash all 3-6 at once and cash in) without all the picking up and dropping..

This is such a good Idea!
Posted by: biddy

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 11/30/07 07:04 AM

yes that is a great idea - and it would be a boon for time saving

Also to have a button in the seed tray to 'trash' all seeds - after you have transferred them from BORG's VST - because you have too many of them or because you want to raise some cash!!
Posted by: tameno8

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 12/03/07 10:44 PM

I don't know if this has been brought up yet but i would like to get more $$$$ for seeds i sell and the extra bugs i collect. i also love the idea for stacking the seeds of 1 kind in 1 slot on the tray.1 thing i would really like to see is the ability to have plants for sale and also some growing(6 of each together) and have the ones for sale selling while you hunt for bugs.maybe a store house for already grown plants so you can store them and still grow more, then when there is an opening in the nursery for another plant you can go to your storage and put 1 out.
Posted by: mwaxx

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 12/04/07 07:55 AM

Why don't the Bugs pollinate the plants when you're away??? Is removing the reality that insects and bugs are the one that should be 'naturally' pollinating the plants more fun? I think it's no fun when you leave your for 3 days and find them all dead because you haven't pollinated them. Will there be an automatic pollination of plants?

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 12/04/07 11:53 AM

Originally Posted By: mwaxx
...I think it's no fun when you leave your for 3 days and find them all dead because you haven't pollinated them. Will there be an automatic pollination of plants?
Plants can go on forever without being pollinated. Maybe you didn't water them? \:\)
Posted by: Ch4rl3s

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 12/06/07 04:27 PM

A couple comments on other people's ideas...
I like the ideas of stackable seeds and labels
on seed boxes. Gardeners always keep the same
seeds together in one container with a label.

Now, my new idea...
Anyone know about Gregor Mendel? The father of
genetics? He discovered inheritable traits.
I wish the game was a little more like his
experiments (with at least one more inheritable
trait.) maybe one with dominant and recessive
aspects like Mendel found from breeding peas.
He found that he could breed some plants with
different color seeds, wrinkled rather than
smooth seeds, a different shape or color to
the flowers...
I'm not asking for all of these things at once.
I'm just asking for ONE inheritable, recessive
trait, like... say... seed color.
Posted by: ariadnekaitu

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 12/15/07 06:31 AM

must have... MORE storage... don't really need stackable seeds... you really only need 1 of every seed.. but with over 500 different types of plants possible... an only 120 seed storage slots?
Posted by: Robert1220

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 12/15/07 06:39 AM

Borg made a utility named - Virtual Seed Tray, it stores your seeds \:\) you can download it in the PT guides section
Posted by: lolz_rogue

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 12/15/07 05:30 PM

I agree with the stacking seeds of the same type on top of each other in your seed boxes

Also, having a storage house for plants old enough to sell so you can grow more instead of having to wait for some to sell.

Customer bargaining with you about the price of your plants would be a plus

As well as a "bell" or something to let your customers know you're closing so they won't keep standing around and you think they're going to buy something. Allow enough time though that if they decide they want to make a final purchase before the nursery closes they can do so.

There should also be some kind of loud "ding" to let you know you've sold a plant even when your PT window is minimized or running in the background.

You should be able to sell your bugs from your collection as well.. especially if you're low on money and really need something

Another good idea would be to make the tools section larger so you would be able to store more chemicals and whatnot so you don't have to run back and forth to the supply store or have to worry if you'll have enough money when that chemical is needed badly.
Posted by: citrus1973

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 12/15/07 11:20 PM

Inappropriate post deleted.

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 12/15/07 11:43 PM

Why would you want that?!? \:\?

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 12/16/07 02:30 AM

Originally Posted By: fluffywelshsheep
just wondering a new to Plant tycoon, I was just wondering if we could get the trash changed in to a compost bin? or a incinerator eg that what you do with plant you your finished with instead of putting them in the bin.
I have not completed or anything like that i was just wondering could you included a 'coffee stand' in to corner?

Ya know I was just thinking about that this morning. I think the compost bin would be a great idea too. Maybe be able to sell it for more profit. (Like in Zoo Tycoon)

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 12/16/07 03:11 AM

There should be special plants that you can discover and then you get to name them \:\) that would be cool.

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 12/16/07 06:25 AM

i thought of something else too... >_> ya'll are gonna get tired of hearing from me after a while lol :P

Okay so in the options there's a 'Stop Time' Option

When you click on a plant and you see all it's information on the left hand side there should be an option where you can set the specified speed that you want that plant to grow at.

For example, say you have a sick plant (Unhealthy, Infested) and you don't have the money to buy Vitamins or Plant Rescue or Insect Spray you should be able to stop time on that plant so that you can raise money and buy what you need, fix it, and set it back up to the growing speed you'd prefer for it.

Jazzo's got a good idea too.

I also saw on this post (or at least I think it was this post) Vegetable and Herb ideas. Maybe even a separate tab for each.
So instead of having a 'Main' tab you'd have a Flower, Herb, and Vegetable tab.

What do you guys think?

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 12/16/07 05:03 PM

That would be a good idea, but it would make the game to easy, and it would get confusing

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 12/17/07 08:41 AM

that is true \:\/ but i hate seeing plants die even if it is on a game \:\(
Posted by: Coconutti

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 01/01/08 12:59 AM

I would like to grow more plants while I'm selling the others, i think that would be better than now: if you don't sell a plant in the nursery that plant will still be there at the greenhouse...maybe it would be better to have that plant at nursery waiting for someome to buy it and have the pot empty at the greenhouse so you can grow another one...
sorry it's a bit confusing...don't know if you are going to understand me

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 01/03/08 03:17 PM

Major one:
You should be able to have two plants of the same specie, sell at the same time, for different prices.

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 01/03/08 04:10 PM

of course, but what i'm trying to say it's that if you sell 5 of 15 plants you'll still have 10 at the greenhouse (if you return to the main screen). i would like to sell the plants while i'm in the main screen, i don't want to wait in the nursery for the plants to be sold.

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 01/04/08 12:45 AM

Originally Posted By: Coconutti
of course, but what i'm trying to say it's that if you sell 5 of 15 plants you'll still have 10 at the greenhouse (if you return to the main screen). i would like to sell the plants while i'm in the main screen, i don't want to wait in the nursery for the plants to be sold.

Agreed!

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 01/04/08 10:03 AM

sorry Jazzo! yesterday i thought you were answering me! i didn't want to appear as a misunderstood yesterday i was a bit thick i think...
Posted by: Trond

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 01/04/08 10:07 AM

I would really like a tooltip or something on my seeds when I'm about too plant the eight seeds in mainscreen... Something like "Jalapa Gladiatus x Roseacea Fern". Gets so boring to swap into seed window to check the seeds :P

(No short term memory left, used it all up back in the 80's ;\) )
Posted by: DOG8IT

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 01/08/08 02:16 AM

lots of great suggestions from other posters:

My vote is for:

Seed button: trash or harvest
Nursery: more animated items to pass the time and rare, very exotic customer eating plants that have to be kept in cages; ability to customize nursery while waiting for the sale
Seed tray: stackable trays sound good; with the option for player to customize the section by color or label to track the seeds
TIME OUT BUTTON: to quickly stop time when interrupted by family members
MORE BUGS, SPIDERS, CENTIPEDES, LIZARDS, ETC
SCISSORS: agree need to be far away from the net
MINI-FLORIST STAND: ability to trim excess flowers for a quick buck.
More Magic Plants: like some rare plants that have to eat certain bugs you catch
other than that the game is great: LOL

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 01/08/08 07:33 AM

Originally Posted By: DOG8IT
...TIME OUT BUTTON: to quickly stop time when interrupted by family members...

There is the space-bar on your keyboard for putting the game in Pause and stops time. \:\)
Posted by: DOG8IT

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 01/08/08 10:09 PM

Originally Posted By: laurence
Originally Posted By: DOG8IT
...TIME OUT BUTTON: to quickly stop time when interrupted by family members...

There is the space-bar on your keyboard for putting the game in Pause and stops time. \:\)
duh thanks LOL
Posted by: LunyKimberly

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 01/18/08 09:00 PM

Things I'd like to see either in PT2 or updated in this one:

1) Being able to multitask while selling stuff in the Nursery. Having to wait and wait for that last plant to sell when you could be planting new plants or buying new supplies is rather irritating at times... Or at least having a table in the nursery that you could place x number of plants on that would continue to sell even while you weren't in the Nursery screen (could even take a certain amount off each plants' default selling price to make things more realistic/difficult).

2) Being able to view (and change) more than the asking price of a plant when clicked on it in the Nursery. I've had several times that a plant hasn't sold and hasn't sold and when I go back into the Greenhouse, I discover that it had gotten infested while I was trying to sell it. Being able to spray an infested plant in the Nursery or change that single plant's selling price without having to go back into the Greenhouse and then back to the Nursery would be a great benefit.

3) An easier way of moving seeds from the Seed Storage boxes to the pots. Right now you have to move the seeds from the Seed Storage box to the Seed Tray, switch back to the main Greenhouse screen, then move the seeds from the seed tray to the pots. And if you're planting all 15 pots you've got to make two "trips" to do it. Either making the Seed Tray the same number as you've got pots or being able to drag a seed from the Seed Storage box to the Main button on the bottom to automatically seed the next available pot. (Kinda like moving a seed from a plant to the Seed button on the bottom automatically places in to the Storage box only in reverse.)

4) A 'harvest all' or 'sell all' option for seeds so we don't all develope Carpel Tunnel moving each individual seed to either the Seed Tray/Box or Trash Can.

5) A zoom in and rotate feature for pruning (even if it's one single table in the Greenhouse that you've got to move each plant to to use it).

6) I'd like to see the Virtual Seed Tray incorporate into the game itself - or at least a basic version of it. And yes, I know it's easy to use VST (and I'm one who DOES use it) but as has been pointed out in that thread - it doesn't work on Macs and you've got to shut the game down every time you want to move seeds from the VST to any of your games (and if you're running multiple games at the same time - it can be aggravating to constantly do).
a) Say, having a Seed Storage House in addition to the Boxes but you can only have one type of each seed in the Storage House (that would let people keep their seeds for further cross-breeding later without making the game too easy having massive amounts of one type of seed at a time).
b) The suggestions of having an in game breeding chart are awesome - maybe one that keeps track of what seeds you've got and what any/all cross-breeding you've done to make them so you don't keep cross-breeding the same plants over and over and you don't have to kill a small forest keeping things straight on your desk.

7) A bigger Tool tray so you're not forced to choose between making your plants grow faster, getting more out of them, or keeping them healthy.

I'm pretty sure I could come up with more but I think those would help the game without making it too easy to really play anymore.

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 01/19/08 08:38 PM

Originally Posted By: LunyKimberly
Things I'd like to see either in PT2 or updated in this one:...

Wow -- excellent and well-thought out suggestions. I'd love to see most of these if there is to be a PT2 (and some would work well with FT2, if that were to happen as well).

Was thinking, though, that a compromise for being able to change the price of a plant in the Nursery is to have a "Sale" button -- clicking this button would automatically put all plants still unsold on sale and lower their price (by 20%, say). Might be helpful for clearing out those last couple of plants that never seem to sell, and getting rid of the ones that you can't seem to prune right.
Posted by: Britney

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 01/20/08 01:54 PM

More Plants Please

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 01/20/08 02:02 PM

We should discover special plants that we can name.
Posted by: Shelli

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 01/20/08 02:55 PM

I'd like to be able to get level four plants by cross breeding the other level plants. Mutant potion is just not that reliable.
Posted by: ΩTRON

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 01/21/08 06:51 PM

I would like to be able to see the plant that a seed will be once one has been grown in the seed menu. It is too hard for me to remember what is what when the seeds look the same.
Posted by: SupernaturalJem

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 02/04/08 06:03 AM

I'd kind of like to be able to pick the flower pot each time I get ready to plant another seed.

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 02/18/08 10:57 PM

It'd be cool if in the seed menu, there were buttons on the bottom that said like "tier 1, 2, 3, 4, etc" and it kept all the seeds in the right tier areas... that way we could save more seeds from each tier of plants/flowers. I've got all three seed trays and still run out of room to keep some of the seeds.
Posted by: blue_koka

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 02/19/08 05:38 AM

I myself would love to have more room to keep my seeds. 3 seed storages is simply not enough. We should be able to buy a infinate amount as long as we have the cash. Maybe make it more expensive to work for them.And mine are all very different seeds. Also I would like to see the buyers actually taking their plants to the cashier. I would also like to pick the buyers up and place them near or around a plant that hasn't sold.
There really needs to be something to do in between the time the plants sell and when they are growing and pollenating. Those times nothing can be done.It gets very boring.And I seem to buy the insta grow and the vapour bombs to get them to grow faster.
But instead of just saying what can be done to change the game. I absolutely love watching the plants pollenating into beautiful new plants. It feels so real to me. Thanks for everything. The games really have saved my life. You may not believe that but it is absolutely true. Thanks again.
Posted by: kissy06

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 02/19/08 02:13 PM

I think selling a seed for more money would be nice if we don't have the ability to hold more seeds. I mean, selling a seed for $1-$5 is almost painful just because you don't have the room to hold more seeds. Also, it would be nice to be able to put plants in your nursery until you chose to open (with a limit of course!). Say, the nursery could hold up to 20-30 plants and you could choose not to open to sell until you were full. It would also be nice to be able to move the decorations in the nursery to decorate as I choose. I would also like to be able to choos my pot without wasting the time to fill them with soil and dumping them.
Posted by: Britney

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 02/19/08 02:34 PM

ummm, one more magic plant would do nicely

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 02/19/08 11:08 PM

Seven magic plants? I like it! Lucky Number 7. \:\)

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 02/20/08 08:13 AM

Originally Posted By: kissy27
selling a seed for $1-$5 is almost painful just because you don't have the room to hold more seeds.

I think that the tier 4 seeds are worth 10 dollars. That's the most that any of them are worth. I think it would be nice if the seeds to the magic plants were worth a lot more... like maybe at least half of what the magic plant would sell for.
Posted by: Poyo!

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 02/20/08 06:42 PM

I like the idea of stacking seeds in the seed trays. Ugg waste space with my magic plants seeds.
Posted by: mare010987

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 02/20/08 06:59 PM

hello....i am new to the forums...well, kind of [i have had many problems with my computer so i am able to logon sometimes, yet not others.....oh well!] i am here now to make a suggestion

i have made 2 before: have 2 med slots and 4th tank available

now i want to ask for the names of the fish to also be available on the bottom of the charts so you don't have to keep going to the top to see what row you are in [i keep track of what fish i make and with which ones]

i, at one time suggested starting with more money but i now want to veto that idea...we start with $300, its enough

thats all. thanks for a great bunch of games. i like them all. i can't wait for VV3! keep them coming!
Posted by: Narasan

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 02/20/08 09:42 PM

It would also be nice to be able to "shrink" the screen down when you are "waiting" for the plants to do there thing. The back and forth to quit the game seems like a lot of extra movement to be doing when you could just hit the min button and work on something else on your computer with the greenhouse still in view. TN

What I do when playing and want to do something else while waiting on the plants to grown is hold down at the same time my "ALT/TAB" keys.

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 02/26/08 08:13 PM

It would be cool if we could store the pollen from our plants (or rather choose to store it). That way, when we want to pollinate a plant with a certain plant that we do not currently have out, we could go to the pollen storage place and click on the pollen for the plant of our choice and then click which plant that we have out that we want to pollinate it with.

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 02/26/08 08:16 PM

It would also be nice to be able to "shrink" the screen down when you are "waiting" for the plants to do there thing. The back and forth to quit the game seems like a lot of extra movement to be doing when you could just hit the min button and work on something else on your computer with the greenhouse still in view. TN
I just keep my game in windowed mode; the plants are smaller, but you can do other stuff.

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 02/28/08 12:49 AM

Yeah, I keep mine in window mode too. I usually have PT and VV2 open at the same time. While the plants are selling, I check in on the villagers LOL.
Posted by: pava

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 02/28/08 08:05 AM

Maybe this has already been suggested, but as a fairly new PT player, I'd love to be able to change a plant's price when in the nursery. When I see customers think my price is too high - or too low - too much time is lost by clicking back to the greenhouse (main) to change the price, then back to the nursery to wait for more customers to wander in.

Someone mentioned a "bargaining algorithm." While that would be interesting, it seems that kind of complexity would significantly increase the size of the program.

My other hope is to add faster speeds, like the exponential choices (x2 through x16 or more) available in games like "My Farm" and "My Exotic Farm." No, it's not realistic, but it's a rare luxury to spend a couple of hours watching for bugs while waiting for a couple of generations of plants to complete their life cycles. With 500+ plant species and only 15 pots, this is a very long game indeed! (Doesn't it seem odd that all plants take the same amount of time to mature?)

Perhaps I'll get used to walking away from the game for extended periods of time while the clock is running, but with the risks of plant health and infestations, it makes me nervous not to actively watch, all the while feeling guilty about all the time I spend staring at a predominantly dormant screen.

Rather than waiting for PT2, how about making a patch available to add these enhancements to the version we already have? Thanks for considering ~
Posted by: arnie

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 02/28/08 12:48 PM

Quote:
(Doesn't it seem odd that all plants take the same amount of time to mature?)
But they don't! If you plant a number of different seeds at the same time they won't all mature at the same time.

I agree about changing prices in the nursery, and can't see much to add what you've already said about the "bargaining algorithm". I'll often shut the game off, or switch to VV or some other task on the computer while the plants are maturing. Perhaps I'm willing to take more risks than you, or you're a keener bughunter. ;\)

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 02/28/08 07:20 PM

I agree with being able to change the price in the nursery. It would also be helpful to know exactly which plant the customer thinks is too expensive. Often, the customer hasn't walked all the way into the nursery yet when that frowny face and the red dollar sign appears in his thought bubble. When that happens, I have no clue which plant he thinks is too expensive.

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 02/28/08 07:42 PM

Originally Posted By: arnie
Quote:
(Doesn't it seem odd that all plants take the same amount of time to mature?)
But they don't! If you plant a number of different seeds at the same time they won't all mature at the same time.

Maybe I haven't gotten deep enough into the game yet. The preplanted start-up seeds had the same timing, and the rest of the common seeds followed suit after sowing the other 11 pots. The second crop of 15, some cross-breeds, had identical maturities. The seeds from the second cross-pollenation - some of which turned out to be Tier 2 and even Tier 3 exotics, based on chart images I've seen elsewhere - still showed the same maturity time frames.

*** SPOILER ALERT ***

I've played only the 60 minute trial downloads and advanced my PC clock to force instant growth (hint from another site), and I've gotten as far as growing the third generation of plants, but time ran out before planting the next crop - maybe a good thing in the low-grade soil. I believe you, Arnie, but I have yet to see different maturity lengths for myself.

On another front, what about being able to hire a nursery employee for selling? Then get reports on customer feedback instead of watching endless milling about. Peace ~

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 03/17/08 08:35 PM

I like the idea about hiring a nursery employee.
Posted by: neteru

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 03/25/08 01:53 PM

One of my pet peeve's with the original PT from day one was the decor inside the nursery. I have seen some of the mods people have come up with but not being a computer person I'm not brave enough to try to change anything. The dirty blue floor, the dark brown wood walls all blending in with the plant stands and pools of water the plants stand in i suppose the developers through in to make _bug_ catching more difficult and it harder to spot dead foliage but for someone with poorer eyesight like me it is a real pain. I hope the seecond version comes out with higher contrast colors in there and something brighter and more cheerful than what they have now. I know if I spent all my time for real in a place that dreary I'd find it depressing after awhile, maybe the interior could be part of the $4500 refurbishment you can upgrade and there could be a choice of colors?...Thanks,,,oh and for a greenhouse with windows on all sides why does the sun only shine in one side at one time of the day? Never figured that one out....

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 03/27/08 09:17 AM

1. It would be LOVELY to be able to magnify individual plants in the greenhouse! I can't always tell if I'm seeing shadow or a browning leaf, and a larger image would solve the mystery and make pruning more accurate.

2. Often while watering, a new _bug_ will arrive. A few times, I've moused over to get the net and clicked at the _bug_, only to discover I had picked up the pruning shears by accident - at least once, a plant has been severely compromised in the process. Would it be possible to redesign the tool positions? Or perhaps enable a right-click feature for activating the _bug_ net (like whipping the net out of a pocket instead of running back to the worktable).

3. Likewise, I often chase a dragonfly or moth to the top edge of the screen. If I'm in windowed mode, the clicks serve only to move the window around while the little bugger escapes. And if I'm unlucky enough to chase it to the upper right corner, I end up in the snapshot screen when I was sure that click had caught the pest.

4. A big thumbs-up for adding more storage for seeds and/or pollen. It would also be handy to have another shelf for fertilizers, etc. Today I had to waste a dose of Vitamins to make room for the fertilizer bomb to save 5 plants sowed in weaker soil than they needed.

5. I'm getting acquainted with plant naming conventions, but another great help would be to include the plant name somewhere near the plant image when we mouse over seeds in storage. Obviously, this would apply only to matured plant seeds, not to new crossbreeds.

6. Neteru's comments above have merit. My desire is to be able to sweep up those yellow leaves off the floor! It would make sense that any new pruning needs to be cleaned up instead of disintegrating before hitting the ground. After all, we have plenty of time for that sort of housekeeping ...

7. Most stores these days have to contend with shoplifting. It may be too much to bother with, but it would create a more engaging twist to watching the shop.

8. Another new element would be harvesting flowers and selling bouquets first. The risk would be in not knowing how many flowers could be snipped off, because the plant could be sold only if it still had at least one bloom on it. Similarly, I think any plant that still has unharvested seeds should be worth more in the nursery.

Thanks for a completely captivating game. I hope these ideas will fit in nicely with your vision of the next upgrade.

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 04/13/08 08:27 PM

I was thinking that if there ever is a Plant Tycoon 2 with some new flowers/plants (but keeping some of the nice old ones like the fabled,bluestar, rosaceae, etc.), it might be fun for us to be able to vote on names for some of those flowers/plants.
Posted by: tick_tock

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 04/20/08 08:47 PM

I loved just about everything in Plant Tycoon. Sad to say I spent three solid days doing nothing but plant breeding over Easter!! It was my first type of tycoon game and:

Positives for me:

1) Easy to learn - basic soil, water, seed, sell and catch a few bugs for good luck.
2) Graphics - I actually thought these were fine
3) I enjoyed plotting combinations in a spread sheet and the way you can evolve to make up your own ways to play apart from finding the magic plants.
4) Having a limited seed tray for me was a plus because you had to make a decision which ones to throw away or not - hence increasing the challenge.

Upgrades:

1) Pruning sheers to close to _bug_ net - instead of whopping a _bug_ you snipped a flower clean off as mentioned.
2) Vegetable patch idea someone mentioned - sounds good.
3) Closer linking of seed colour and shape to plants.
4) A tally of how many of the same type you have bred for interest.
5) More interactivity of garden ornaments to influence selling perhaps so you could do something whilst they are selling rather than sit back and watch.
6) Move the 'take a photo' button - I keep hitting it when whopping a butterfly!
7) More ways to cultivate and influence price -e.g. whilst bloomed - fungicide treatments, patterns on flowers enhancement liquid, books that could be bought to increase knowledge on maximising blooms, seed production, height of plant, number of blooms.
8\) A greenhouse, vegetable patch/area and herb area (as mentioned) to cultivate in.
9) Sprinkler system - so you can buy and turn it on to water soil all in one go - watering soil is boring.
10) Choice of container - e.g. plant pot for adults/sales, seedling trays.
11) Control of air in the greenhouse -e.g. too hot and some plants die, too cold and some die or grow slowly - so you have to work out conditions for growth in any one batch.
12) Placement of plants - some like sun, others do not mixed into the day/night (which we already see as the sun moves through the greenhouse).

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 04/20/08 09:49 PM

One real blessing would be to either add another SLOWER speed or drag the current Slow out a bit farther. Newly planted seeds bud in about 5 hours in Slow right now. It would be great for them to mature in 8, so we could get a full night's sleep and wake up to a new crop, ready to pollinate.

Earlier I suggested either bartering or a way to change the price in the nursery. I think this would be easier to program:

When there's only one plant left to sell, at some point give a customer a pop-up bubble with an alternate price they're willing to pay. Clicking on the bubble will sell the plant. It would save a lot of time. One plant, I reduced several times from its usual $185 until it finally sold for $25. It was healthy, young (before sitting in the nursery for dayz!), and had no bugs, so the only problem must have been having accidentally pruned one of the flowering stems. It took nearly 30 minutes to get that one plant sold!

I'd still love to have the ability to magnify plants in the greenhouse in a pop-up, interactive pruning window. Arnie told me about Windows' Accessibility utility, but it's cumbersome to dig through the Start menu to open the program, adjust PT's window to see both windows well, make a careful snip, then close the utility and return PS to full screen again. Then, the magnification focuses on where the hand grabs the shears, not on the glowing (in hover-focus) shoots I'm trying to confirm as the bad ones. This is especially critical for the wispy Grass. Besides, I'd love to see all the plants in more detail - they're beautiful!

Thanks for reading.

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 04/21/08 04:31 PM

Tick Tock's suggestions reminded me how I love the click interaction with some of the nursery ornaments - great enhancement! Since you can get the bird to sing in the birdhouse, and the turtle to spout water, and the wheelbarrow to waft petals into the breeze, it surprised me that the lantern didn't turn on and the weathervane didn't spin (or at least move a bit) when clicked. It might be fun to be able to move nursery ornaments to locations of our choice, but this is no big deal. They're great where they are!
Posted by: Beachlover

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 05/12/08 09:15 PM

I was frustrated with the one hour wait for a mature plant in the fast speed, particularly in the first tier of plants. The game could vary the maturity rate by the type of seed or soil used. I'd like the nursery to be a side window to the main page. You could select the plants you want to sell, they would show in the nursery, and you could monitor those fragile plants or change the asking price on the nursery plants. I'd like to select the pot specifically without the whole fill with dirt/trash step, maybe even a mini game section for designing pots--color, design, hanging/clay/urn/bedding tray etc.

A spin off/mini game could be Nursery Tycoon where you could go from small shop to wholesaler to big retail based on the dollar amount/volume sold. After so much in revenue, you could afford to hire a highschool student, a plant expert, have seminars for customers, etc.
Posted by: jimv

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 05/17/08 06:17 PM

Some or all of these suggestions may have been made before in this thread, but I wasn't going to read 20 pages to find out. I made before just consider it an agreement to those suggestions.

The game would have been much better if it had been designed with stackable seeds that were automatically sorted by either flower or foilage and enough seed trays to store all 529 different seed types. That way people that play it wouldn't have to use their own paper to write the combinations down or keep going back and forth to documents on their computer and hope they don't delete them.

Also, I would have liked it better with options added to the buy window in the supply screen to allow purchasing say 5 or 10 of an item at once instead of one at a time.

As it is, Plant Tycoon is an incomplete game.

For those wondering how they could get all the needed seeds trays, a simple scroll bar in the seed tray window or arrow keys to page up or down to the next set of trays would do it. They also already have stackable seeds in the game where you get them after the plants have been pollinated.

The game would also be much, much better with its own internal clock instead of using the computer's clock. This would avoid letting people simply set their clock ahead for faster results.
Something as simple as the 1 Time clock integrated into the game would suffice. Just don't let it be resetable.

A little more on the tray section.

Make all the extra trays have to be purchased. To do this the sorting would have to be by a leveling system. This also makes someone breed more of the lower plants to get the money for extra trays. The trays should be purchased by page, or 3 trays at once. Since each tray has 40 slots, each page would have 120 slots and there would be a total of 5 pages. (*Note: That would be 600 seed slots which would also allow for expansion in the types of seeds/plants.

Add a pop-up when you double click on a particular stack of seeds to show the plants cross bred to arrive at it, so you can keep your seeds at the "what they are picure level".
Posted by: PlayAtWork

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 05/20/08 04:09 PM

I would like to be able to multi task - while selling, I'd like to be able to grow more plants. I'd also like to see an ability to grow more plants at a time. I also don't understand why the customers stop and bend at every table - including the cash register. Why can't we see them pay for their item?
Posted by: Diversity

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 06/04/08 07:36 PM

I would LOVE to see more interaction of buyers at the nursery with items you buy for it - like children coming in to watch the birds and fountain when you get those and such.
People sitting around on benches - maybe a coffee stand you could buy and such.

Maybe some kind of bird watcher spotting game added.
There might be more bird boxes to buy in the supplies section - to promote more different birds flying in .

In the main section - Maybe more different types of bugs - including other things like snails,worms, green garden snake and such.

Maybe some pots in windows and other areas added around the greenhouse or different backgrounds and areas of greenhouses to choose from or buy at the supplies place.

In the supplies section - Have an assortment of different kinds of pots you can buy.
And different kinds of windchimes.
I LOVE the windchimes sound effects when they play sometimes in the 1st game.
Posted by: Nemyar

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/20/08 03:50 AM

Can the plants being able to grow some new leaves and flowers.
It would stop producing more when it reaches it limits.

Also when you prune the plants, instead of making the fallen leaves disappear into nothing, could the leaves fall on the floor so you can pick the fresh cutting up and plants them. You can clear the floor of excessive/dead leaves by simply clicking on Brush Tool.

I think some "flower" such as Citrus should not be on Flower Category, but in their own category called “Fruit”. You can cut fruits off the plants and sell them.
Posted by: Nemyar

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/23/08 04:24 AM

This Suggestion can apply to any Tycoon Games, could you be able to change the names for that species. If you forget the default name for that species, you could click on a button that change the edited names back to original name.

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 01/19/09 04:21 AM

21 pages - please forgive me if I don't check for previous postings of the same ideas.

1. Have a second room, so plants can be growing while we're out in the nursery waiting for buyers. And please let us be able to slip out for a couple of minutes to check the growth without all the customers leaving.

2. Let us sell seedlings, for maybe 1/3 or 1/4 of the mature plants' sale price. This is especially valuable when we've created a hybrid that turns out not to do well in the soil we can afford. It's also a quicker way to make some cash for upgrades.

3. If a customer shows in a thought bubble that s/he is looking for a particular plant or flower, let us be able to pick up the customer and drop the darling in front of that exact plant.

4. So often, that last plant just won't sell, despite others of the same kind selling very well. We need a way to learn why no one will buy it, and fix it (insect poison, dead leaves, price) while still in the nursery. It takes too long to get folks back in the store after going back to the planting room, especially because they don't show up well for just one plant.

4a. Maybe being able to buy and post a "SALE" sign - not terribly expensive - would help bring 'em in the door when there's not much in stock. The sign would be one time only and would have to be purchased every time the need arises.

5. When we change a price, please give us the option of setting a one-time sale price or a permanent price change. In desperation to sell the last plant and get back to work, I've slashed the price by 50 percent or more, then forgotten to raise it again (or forgotten which breed I did it to) when I grew that plant again, maybe three or four plantings later.

6. It would be great to sell all those garden extras, like the birdhouse, fountain, bench, etc., for a percentage more than we paid for it. Even Plant Food and all that stuff. They shouldn't sell as often as the plants, but a little extra income is always helpful, especially when starting out.

Is there a rough target for PT2's release, like spring 2010? Nothing is guaranteed when it comes to program coding, but I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting to know. Thanks very much.

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 01/20/09 04:05 AM

If you want to make it really interesting, how about two customers fighting over a single plant? Either the plant would be knocked to the floor and die on the spot, or a bidding war would break out, bringing a handsome profit for the store.

And then introduce the occasional (very rare) shoplifter. If you aren't vigilant (rather than dashing off to check email or make a sandwich) you could come back to an empty plant stand and lost revenue.

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 01/25/09 04:44 AM

As Lady C explained on another post today, it's hard to see dead parts of some plants once they've bloomed. I'd go a bit further and suggest it's hard to see some parts well enough to prune well. Grass is especially difficult sometimes.

So I'd love the ability to Rotate plants, so we can see at least the back side, if not every 90 degrees. This would be especially handy while in the nursery, so we can trim on the spot, while the customers are still milling about, or at least understand why they're not buying and drop the price accordingly.

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 01/26/09 02:43 AM

This is more a fix than an upgrade.

When I click to see a customer bubble in the nursery and am too close to the fountain, the big congrats screen comes up. No problem in itself, but when I click again to continue, I'm back in the greenhouse. So I've lost all my customers and purchases that could have happened within the next few seconds.

Could you please fix the code so that we return to the place we were - whether in the greenhouse or the nursery - when we click away from the beautiful victory screen? It seems a bit odd to have that screen pop up when clicking on the fountain, but I'm sure you have your reasons. It's a beautiful page, and it's a pleasure to see it more than once, but would make more sense to me to put it in an Awards section clickable from the Main Menu.

Thanks.
Posted by: invalidthirteen

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 02/12/09 11:18 AM

i really agree! the boring part was wait for the plants to sold! wait, wait, wait! how about if we sell the plant, we can continue the game and work while waiting the plant to sold smile
Posted by: SFhipchick

Plant Tycoon Suggestion: Seed Storage - 04/27/09 09:22 PM

There never seems to be enough seed storage space and I thought of a few ways to allow for more storag:

1) Build in a tab feature so that you can have multiple pages of seed trays

2) Reduce the size of the seeds in the storage area by 50% and change the hand cursor to a magnifying glass when rolling over the seeds, which will then show the seeds at 100% through the magnifying glass. This would allow twice as many seeds in the same area.

3) Allow like-seeds to stack to 5 in the seed storage pane like they do when produced by a plant.
Posted by: SFhipchick

Plant Tycoon Suggestion: Checklist - 04/27/09 09:28 PM

I imagine this has been suggested before, but it would be really nice if there was a checklist feature, where, when you discovered a new plant, it would show up on a list with a picture of the plant, and, if you roll over the image, a visual plant cross.

I know there are out-of-game options for these things, but it would be very nice to have this functionality in-game!
Posted by: lesaluv

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 05/15/09 07:05 PM

When will a new Plant tycoon 2 be out? Also want a fish tycoon 2!
Posted by: lesaluv

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 05/30/09 06:37 PM

when will a new plant tycoon be out????????
Posted by: vfmacfan

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 06/21/09 09:00 PM

More seed boxes! Or at least a Mac version of VST. I really need a VST for Mac, for my PC savegame data transfer (my seeds are all locked up in the .vst file).
More plants, more spaces to grow plants.
What's with the umbrella in the lower left corner of the nursery??
New customer thought bubbles.
Multiplayer mode - buy seeds/plants from other players, or sell your seeds/plants to other players.
Special stuff in the shop to make your cheap water last longer if you cannot afford the good stuff. And same with the soil (for instance, you have mostly cheap plants but stumbled upon a magic plant, buy some stuff to make your soil temporarily better).
A button to harvest all seeds.
More realistic pricing for extinct seeds. $2000? c'mon people.

And one more thing: PT for Mac has an annoying problem.. when I am selling stuff in Nursery, I have to keep the PT window forward all the time, so I can't do other stuff - I mostly end up walking away from my Mac while the plants sell. A fix for this would be great.
Posted by: Bluelily

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 08/15/09 06:26 PM

I love this game I have spent many hours cross pollinating It would be great if we could buy more upgrades for the Nursery and if they did more things like if you click on the birdhouse a little bird comes out and sings.. stuff like that I was kind of disappointed in the refurbish, for the money I thought more would be fixed besides the Greenhouse Maybe a further upgrades! I also love that people want a cup of coffee maybe an upgrade could be a coffee shop, a little extra income at the Nursery. I like the idea of more than one seed in a box or more seed boxes Are there different plants to get when you get the six golden plants are they different on different levels of difficulty? Is there a Plant Tycoon 2 coming?
I agree with the above Mac users ideas and a fix for the would definitely be great. yes Mac rules!
Posted by: tallens

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 08/21/09 06:15 AM

I would like to see plant tycoon for the DS too
Posted by: RuthieJo

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 09/08/09 11:27 PM

I wish they would put a VST in the game, so we can have both the game and the VST open at the same time.

I started a new game today and even though I closed the game out completely numerous times, I lost everything in my VST and don't know why. At least I was just building up the beginning seeds, so didn't really lose anything, but 150 or so seeds.
Posted by: knksmiles

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 11/19/09 01:09 AM

As someone who has played this game many, many, many times, I would love to see a way to randomize the seeds, flowers, foilage and plant names. I just finished playing through again (finding all of the species) and found this time that I did not have to refer to any of the charts that I have made/downloaded etc. I knew, almost with out fail, the product I would get from any given cross. If there were two or three different combinations that could either be chosen or randomly selected, there would once again be challenge for addicts like me. Perhaps the alternate combinations could have to be "unlocked" by finding all the species in a previous level...
Posted by: frogboy

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 12/24/09 04:46 PM

The plants should sell quicker. I don't like sitting at the computer for a half an hour waiting for them to sell grin

Also, MORE SEED BOXES!!!
Posted by: NancyS

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 01/07/10 12:33 AM

Here is the email with suggestions I sent to LDW.

Hello,

I really like the game Plant Tycoon although it has some very major issues which I hope will be fixed in a new version (the game is definitely worth coming out with a deluxe version if the fixes are made to it - and I would definitely buy it and recommend it- something I can't do as it is now)

The review I made on gamehouse addresses most of the issues I have with the game. As it is now, I am very impressed with the concept and many of the features - although some major features that are needed were left out. Pruning, the bugs / bug gallery are very cool features - although a plant gallery showing the plants discovered as well as the parents (like the crossbred seed shows) should be shown so you can know which species you bred to obtain the plant - a list of the plants discovered (and bugs swatted) would be nice too. When the seed matures, the name should indicate (in red ?) if it was a new species discovered. Having only a number of species discovered as a sub screen in the bug gallery is very amateurish. A 'Sold Out' indicator in the status bar on the nursery screen (or sign at the nursery entrance?) should indicate when all of the plants being sold have been sold. Needing to count sold signs to find out shows a flaw in the game development process. It would also be nice - although not mandatory - to be able to reduce prices of individual plants on the nursery screen in case you accidentally lopped off half the plant when pruning and want to reduce the price of that one plant while maintaining regular prices of the rest of the plants of that species. One should also have the opportunity to see how much they will be paid for the seeds before selling the extra seeds. There is also a serious issue with space for seed storage. I have found 209 species and all six of the magical plants when I stopped playing because I did not have enough space to store all of the seeds I want to store for my cross breeding experiments (I've also gotten 46 of the bugs and have over $50,000.). You could solve this problem by allowing the same seeds to be stored in the same slot (only 1 of the unidentified purchased seeds) - this absolutely needs to be done because people want to store extra seeds for cross breeding and keep at least one seed to keep the plant in case more "pure" seeds are needed of that plant - and you could also have a seed storage "store' which charges $1.00 per seed for storage.

The entire concept of the game and the details of the graphics is wonderful - especially impressive is the bug gallery and the pruning of the plants (bug gallery could be improved if the bug jar containing he bug pops out when clicked on - and the description of the bug [if the bugs exist in real life] would make it a wonderful educational program)

If / when the game is being redone, I would love to be one of your (unpaid) beta testers for it. (I am a network administrator by training although in a survival job right now until the economy improves)

I hope very much the game is going to be redone. Of all the games I have played, this one has some very serious potential if the flaws are fixed in it.

Thank you,

Nancy

"I really like this game - but ..."
By: ScreenName
(read my reviews)(read my reviews)
on 01/01/10

This game is: Addictive, Good Value, Original, Kid Friendly, Involved
"Very slow although there are some cheats around it. The biggest disappointment is not having a plant gallery for the plants you have discovered (as well as the plant parents you used to get the plant) so it is very annoying and time consuming to keep a table of the plants discovered and what parents were bred to get them. Taking a massive amount of notes shows a lack of quality control / game testing during game development.
There also needs to be a seed gallery and also a seed storage where you can store more seeds. The same seeds should be allowed to be stored in the same slot. There is definitely not enough seed storage.

The nursery also needs to have a 'Sold Out' in the status bar so you know when all of the plants are sold without having to count the number of sold signs.

The bugs are a great feature - as well as the bug gallery - although there needs to be a list of bugs captured. pop out showing the enlarged bug would be a good feature as would a description if the bugs are real (which would make this a wonderful educational program) Lumping the number of plants found in the sub screen of the bug gallery seems a bit amateurish - especially since the goal of the game is to find the six magical plants.

There REALLY needs to be a deluxe version with the plant gallery (which shows the parents bred to get the plant) as well as more seed storage - even a seed store screen where it costs $1.00 to store the seed.

Not having a 'Sold Out' message in the nursery screen is inexcusable as is not having the name of the plant indicating it's a new species found in the greenhouse screen.
This game is very good - although it would be much better / great with the features that SHOULD HAVE been included in it in the first place. Hopefully a deluxe version is in the works and will include these features."

Oh yes - a magnifying glass so you can check the plants for dead leaves would be great too
Posted by: mou2

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 01/26/10 06:48 AM

plant tycoon2? it's me excited
Posted by: NancyS

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 02/02/10 04:44 AM

When will Plant Tycoon II (Deluxe) be out???
Posted by: Luke Gates

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 02/02/10 05:20 AM

Assuming they work on it, probably not for awhile after vv4 comes out.
Posted by: XayAdministrator

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 02/02/10 05:30 AM

The suggestions here are for if another Plant Tycoon is made. There have been no statements by the LDW staff whether or not one may or may not be made in the future.

Current LDW projects can be found on the Previews Page.
Posted by: Alaindrea

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 04/24/10 12:40 AM

The only thing I can think of that would make the game better is a different system for selling plants. I really hate sitting there waiting for my plants to sell. Maybe we could hire a person to sell our plants for us if we earn enough money? Perhaps on a percentage of the sale cost? Or maybe, we could link up to each other's games and watch some one else's plants sell for a comission if we felt so inclined? Then we could tend the growing beauties while someone else sits outside laugh

I suppose if there is a PT2, I'd like to see more options for pots and decor. Maybe you could choose at start up screen, and your choices could help determine easy, medium or hard levels.
Posted by: Alaindrea

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 04/24/10 12:45 AM

Pava, that would be totally cool! I wouldn't mind selling my plants if something more interesting could happen! I love the shoplifter idea.
Posted by: tallens

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 05/22/10 07:39 PM

Would still like to see plant tycoon for DS and IPhone app
Posted by: VFLover09

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 06/05/10 01:49 AM

More magic plants! Maybe 4 more so there's 10 magic plants in total. Here's my ideas on the magic plant's powers.

- Make plants grow twice the speed.
- Make plants have mixtures of flowers in between two flowers on a chart. meaning it could be any of those flowers in between the two flowers on the plant, but most flowers be the one that's in the middle on the chart.
- A magic plant that could unlock flowers that were impossible to make before and weren't in the seed shop.
- Adds more pots to the greenhouse and nursery
Posted by: Mrpeanut188

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 06/21/10 08:21 PM

I agree with VFLover09.
Make 10 plants. Make them slower/faster depending on the plant.
Then require them to have MORE then one pollination to successfully reproduce. Also the ability to find magic plants by CROSSING seeds like the alchemy in Virtual Villagers.
Or maybe like the element chart mixtures in My Tribe.
Posted by: nem

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 06/24/10 01:01 AM

hi Barbara,
I have been tring to reach the developers with my feedback for a long time but did not know how. I'm very new at the forums so I hope I'm posting it in the right place and in the proper way. if not please direct me. I hope I can get some answers too. Thank you. Here it is:

Dear Sirs
“Plant Tycoon” is a visually-pleasing, violence-free, entertaining game which made me look differently at real plants. A lot of thoughts must have gone into the design and the result is commendable. I find it to be the most engaging game involving plants, with a potential to be a bestseller for any plant lover. There are issues, however, that need solving as the game becomes frustrating and even annoying the further one plays. The most important issue is when does it end? I played over 1575 hours, my total earning exceeds $1,117,000.00 and my current balance is nearly $650,000.00.
Since my family members quit I play as 5 players simultaneously using 600 storage places to keep looking for the elusive Sixth magic plant. I feel no closer to finding it, in spite of methodical, meticulously tabulated, inventory and combinations results. Each game has the same 5 magic plants and in all I have created 439 plants out of the 529 species available by my calculation. I have tried to pursue a “completion” mode either by having a chosen “color” in each plant type (i.e. 23 Fragrant) or having a chosen plant type in all the colors (i.e. 23 Fern) but I am blocked in each case since the plant types “Ivy” and “Grass” can only be bought. The same goes for the colors “Spoted” and “Tilia” which can not be cultivated. So far I could not get both these colors on the same plant in any of my 5 games.
How hard should it be to get the satisfaction of completing the “professed target” of the 6 magic plants? What is this 6th magic plant? Did any one ever get it? Am I missing a secret factor?
I enjoy playing and I mention the following points with the hope that you will find them useful

1. The prices of merchandise compared to plants-sale prices make early stages of the game tedious and user unfriendly. The problem solves itself eventually only if one has the patience and tenacity to continue.
2. Storage is a major problem. It is very inadequate, about a fifth of what is needed to freely cross pollinate. Even if you allow storing multiple seeds, (of the same kind), in one slot, it will not solve the problem. The most one can have, at any given time, is 120 different seeds. It is impossible to experiment with 530 species when you have to continuously discard seeds that you may want to use later on.
3. Real time is cute but too time consuming. Also it is quite alarming to realize how much time you spend at the computer instead of studying or socializing etc. Did you intend that? I recommend adding a super-fast mode that will shorten the time considerably.
4. Décor is a question of taste but it would be nice if you refurbished it with more options. Also allow buying multiples of the same item and enable players to move them around.
5. Seed/Plant/Price correlation should be viewable from the main screen as well as from the seed screen
6. Magic plants. The 5 which I found are of lesser-seed-level in their respective family. There is a conflict between the desire to find more expensive new plants and the need to stay with the lesser seeds to look for the magic plant.
your truly
Nem

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 06/24/10 09:15 PM

This is the right place to put feedback on Plant Tycoon. We do read all of the comments and suggestions, and we take them into consideration when developing new games.

As for the Magic Plants, many people have found them all, either through methodical breeding, random luck, using mutation liguid, or by referring to the various breeding guides available in our Guides Section. All 6 Magic Plants can be created without buying the extinct seeds. You can breed any of the Magic Plants starting with only the plants (or seeds) mentioned in this post.
Posted by: Cyborg

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 02/06/11 06:19 AM

Here's what I thought of there could be butterflies and dragonflies that fly around the nursery while you are selling your plants. Maybe that would make it more entertaining while you wait for the plants to sell. Also I was thinking of maybe more than one green house. Like how fish tycoon had a tank one and a tank two. And maybe more ornaments for the nursery like maybe a windchime that really made sounds or a windmill that turns in the wind. Or maybe different types of fountains like a rock waterfall or a watermill with a turning wheel.

Wow it seems like it's been a while since anyone has been here. I guess people have lost faith in thought of a plant tycoon 2.
Posted by: red3080

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 05/31/11 08:27 AM

if there is a PT2 i think it could use more spots for plants
Posted by: kerryberry

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 12/07/11 01:30 AM

Am I too late for suggestions? I like being able to make photos of the plants and am trying how to incorporate them into my spreadsheets.

Is there a way to photo the seeds? Right now I just try to reproduce them myself by hand.

Maybe someone has already worked this out, if so, any suggestions to me would be appreciated.

I like the speeds available right now, don't want to go any faster. I use the time between to do something around the house - maybe it should be the other way around. But it works for me.

Butterflies and dragons sounds like fun. Maybe another component that has the insects breeding....or birds...maybe this is an other game idea. Hang in there.

LDW is my favorite game company. Have a good holiday time.
Posted by: Taco Freak

Please make a Plant Tycoon 2 w/ more fun plants - 04/06/13 12:08 AM

I liked PT1 so please make a second one.
Posted by: audra1010

Re: Please make a Plant Tycoon 2 w/ more fun plants - 10/19/13 06:27 AM

Since there has only been one post in this thread in the last two years, I'm not exactly holding my breath ... but my wish list for future Plant Tycoon Updated:

1.) That a Plant Tycoon 2 is made.
2.) When you double tap on the pot to see a pic of the original seed planted in the pot, that there is a way to see what the parents of that seed is.
3.) A plant index similar to the Froggydex included with Pocket Frogs.
4.) Additional seed trays.
5.) Either the ability to multitask while selling plants in the nursery or an automatic sale option.
6.) More magic plants to discover and/or additional challenges such as the possibility or option of "orders" that can be filled to earn extra cash.
7.). If the game is going to be "free" there should be a way to complete the game without paying. I understand paying cash for certain decorations or rare plants or seeds that enhance or speed up the game, but not seed trays and soil. Those are required to continue with the game. If this is the model LDW wants to adopt, I know I would prefer to just pay for the game rather than paying for in-app purchases of such a critical nature. A model to the one in Dragonvale and Tiny monsters might be the way to go. You can buy certain seeds by using bucks, but there is also a way to breed them for free if you have the patience.
8.). A way to earn bucks in-game plus some start-up bucks.

I'm sure there are more, but since I may just be talking to myself, I can always just come back at later date and tell myself the other things I would love to see in a sequel to Plant tycoon that will most likely never happen.
Posted by: dragonbaby

PLEASE DO Plant Tycoon 2!!! (Yes, I'm begging.) - 06/10/14 11:17 PM

I love PT so much! Would really love to see a sequel.

Yes, I know you don't have it listed in your previews section. Yes, I know you have been focusing on VV and VF (also great games). Yes, I know I'm not the only person begging for a sequel.

I just wanted to voice my opinion that you should still keep PT2 in mind as a possible project. Thanks!
Posted by: likalaruku

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 02/16/15 02:31 AM

One of the things I really loved in Plant Tycoon was the music. I hope you get the same composer.

Hmmm....What would I suggest adding......

*Wider variety of pot designs.
*Twice as many songs.
*Option to paint or chose from a variety of different styles of pieces for the sale area.
*Option for less waiting time, like a FF mode, for people who can play a game 8 hours a day but rarely stick with any game for longer than a week.
Posted by: Lia

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 10/23/17 07:27 PM

I couldn't have said it better. You've addressed the pros and cons on my list.

I would be willing to purchase a remake of PT provided the seed storage is expanded - "Collector's Edition" with a price of $12.99 maximum.
Posted by: Danielle.bard

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 12/11/19 06:52 PM

I too would love to have a second version of Plant Tycoon. There is a second version of all the other games on here. I would like a brighter set of pots, less time for plants to grow, more pots spaces, and a better way to sell plants in the green house. Please make a second Plant Tycoon game. I miss playing it as it takes too much "RL" time to play. I love this game. I have tried to play other tycoon games but keep coming back to this game. I am not totally computer literate and cant fix most problems with the computers I have or I would make "mods" to help as well.
Have a good day,
Thanks again,
Danielle
Posted by: Magdelena

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 06/15/21 09:36 PM

I would love to see Plant Tycoon 1 available on Android.

Suggestions for part 2 are: Ability to choose your shop keepers appearance. Ability to zoom in when pruning. Ability to choose the color of pots without having to fill with soil and trash repeatedly. Large seed expansion, I want to be able to have at least one of each seed, two would be best ~ maybe make them stack?

I love the music, calm and relaxing. When it's time to sell, I just go do a chore or something.
Posted by: Hydra14

Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II - 06/16/21 08:42 AM

Originally Posted By: Magdelena
I would love to see Plant Tycoon 1 available on Android.

Suggestions for part 2 are: Ability to choose your shop keepers appearance. Ability to zoom in when pruning. Ability to choose the color of pots without having to fill with soil and trash repeatedly. Large seed expansion, I want to be able to have at least one of each seed, two would be best ~ maybe make them stack?

I love the music, calm and relaxing. When it's time to sell, I just go do a chore or something.

Plant Tycoon 2 for mobile would work soo well today laugh People are spending most of their time with their phones. It could be easy to open it every hour to check how plants are doing. I wanted to rreplay it on PC recently, but realized i don't want to sit on computer multiple times in a day, phones are much easier to hang around. Also, first Plant Tycoon was made for Palm and Pocket PCs anyway.