Virtual Town Suggestions

Posted by: LadyCFIIAdministrator

Virtual Town Suggestions - 01/07/16 05:49 PM

Please post your suggestions for things you'd like to see in Virtual Town!
Posted by: mrspockfan

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 01/07/16 06:13 PM

The ability to move the town improvement monument/features rather than demolishing them when placement is not perfect when viewed later.

I'm still in the early stages of the game but with the expansions and additions of rooms, hopefully kitchen and bathroom equipment like stove and sink will appear in the store.
Posted by: Hydra14

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 01/07/16 08:02 PM

Today my second mayor is retired and it's really depressing to think that i will never see her again. Yes i took many photos but she won't be a part of my game again. Maybe old mayors ghost can visit us like old villagers visit in VV4. It doesn't have to be ghost, i'm ok with it as long as there will be a cameo.
Posted by: LadyCFIIAdministrator

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 01/07/16 10:37 PM

You can always review your past mayors and their achievements by tapping on the portrait in Town Hall and scrolling down past the current mayor.
Posted by: akard

Virtual Town Suggestions - 01/12/16 07:04 PM

When u start a project three town members do a project, why can't u use every member of the town to work on multiple projects like three ppl work on cave three others work on stone circle and three PPl work on cleaning up beach, that way you can complete the projects faster instead of waiting five days to finish one project.

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 01/16/16 01:57 PM

In virtual families there is a bathroom and and. Kitchen
Both things u can interact with. Would be nice to have these things in virtual town , the only things u can interact with in virtual town in the homes are beds and sitting.

Kitchen,bathroom with interactive shower and toilet (cuz they eat but never go to the bathroom) other types of food besides fruit and vegetables, being able to eat the pizza and other food u can buy at the store. Mayor falling in love and getting married and having kids. more children so the mayors adoptee will have someone to play with.
Posted by: mrspockfan

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 02/07/16 12:40 AM

Please bring back the demolition order in the next update. I bought the Huge Landmark and don't really like it no matter where I place it. I can't get it back into storage and I can't sell it. Maybe if you could reduce the size of it, that might help. Thanks.
Posted by: sytske

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 02/07/16 11:19 AM

At this moment the start-up screen has background music on despite having turned off all sounds in the option menu. It would be great if that sounds would be muted as well.
Posted by: Zia

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 02/07/16 05:44 PM

Would love the option to decorate other people's houses. Some of the need some "suggestions"! haha!
Posted by: sunshower

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 02/07/16 11:15 PM

This is pretty minor, but I'd like to see more shoe options in the clothing store. I seem to keep seeing the same 2 pairs of shoes over and over. I like to change my mayor's clothes often and I need shoes that match. smile

More kitchen and bathroom fixtures

More than 2 tasks available a day
Posted by: Chisa

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 02/08/16 08:35 AM

Id like to be able to pull up the townsfolk in a menu, sort of like we do with the mayor, to see more info about them.

This might just be me, but I really would like the townsfolk to do more....get married, have children, age, etc. Its very strange to me that only the mayor ages in this town. My neighbors are pushing 180 yrs old now.

More food options, sustainable option like the trees preferably. Maybe hybrid veggies that produce more or have it as a shop upgrade after reaching milestones in the game.

And maybe an eviction notice for those rude townsfolk :p
Posted by: Joy42

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 02/08/16 09:11 AM

Copying a message that I put in the wrong place :
Hi ldw ! I've played most of your games and really enjoy them so far.

Virtual Town is great but I'd really like to have more decoration, especially paths or trails, more info on the villagers and the possibility to track them in the town, more villagers, more interactions between them, new events, more shops like a coffee shop or a restaurant for example, the possibility of fishing..
I'd really like to have pets following my mayor around too.

The game seems a bit incomplete right now even though I think it's a great start for an awesome game.

My main request is paths, since the town is very empty and lacking of "structure"

Thanks for reading and sorry if it's a little confused, English is not my native langu
Posted by: morgan64

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 02/08/16 11:09 PM

I`d like to see more retailers-maybe pet
store,cafe,grocery,more furniture choices including bath and kitchen(not much point in adding on to your house if there`s nothing to put in the rooms),a way to locate the peeps,more interaction with water-swimming,fishing. That said,I`m addicted to this game!
Posted by: ChaoticMoira

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 02/09/16 12:31 AM

My wishlist so far:

• More decorations for the town.
  • The ability to change townies names.
  • More individual personalities in the townies. They are all mean. I am fine with a grouch, if there is contrast.
  • The ability to evict a townie we don't like.
  • The ability to fish, since we have fish in the pond and a pier.
  • Make the kid help do tasks without actually following the mayor to do it. So if I say, hunt bugs, he will run off to do it.
  • More kids in town so the kid has some friends to play with. It is depressing how lonely he/she is.
  • The ability to send townies off on tasks (find bugs, clean up town etc.)
  • The ability to change the townies homes.
  • Picking things up without confirming. I don't care for the "take" confirmation. It becomes tedious when you have an orchard. I think a triple click could solve this. Triple click on an item and the mayor picks it up without a confirm click.
  • Also a do-list. So I can click on one thing and then the next and the mayor will do the one, then move to the next and so on.. That way I don't have to wait between clicking on garbage pieces.
  • More types of daily tasks. I'd like to see tasks be more involved, and if that means it takes longer, then the pay out can just be bigger.
Posted by: Rissy

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 02/09/16 09:36 PM

I get sad when I am told to clean out the "ugly thistles" they look like Scottish thistles and me being Scots, I think they are beautiful! Also would be nice if we could donate the weeds and mushrooms and critters we clean up to the museum as well.

On another note, it would be nice to have a pet to interact with. Would work kind of like the adoptee. Or if there were forest animals on the south side of the river that maybe you have to photograph for the museum.
Posted by: morgan64

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 02/09/16 11:26 PM

Someone said the Coit tower could be a lighthouse,love that idea.Could be a town project.

More choices in the town decorating items-picnic tables,wooden benches,a bird bath(and birds and bird watchers),a gazebo.

A band stand w/villagers giving concerts.They could improve with practice.

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 02/10/16 06:16 AM

I meant the north side of the river. Where there are no houses
Posted by: ChaoticMoira

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 02/11/16 09:02 AM

Another thing I thought of, the ability to highlight several items so we can sell many all at once. I would love to be able to do that.
Posted by: dkizz

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 02/12/16 01:08 AM

More tasks balanced throughout the day instead everything having to be done at once. More collections, fish, birds, sea shells washing up on the beach. Have more buildings to be built for the towns people. There are so many possibilities for this game. I am absolutely loving this game.

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 02/12/16 01:27 AM

I love this game too. And I love your suggestions!

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 02/12/16 06:19 PM

I like the idea of collecting seashells washed up on the beach. I like a lot of these ideas, actually. Lots of potential for this game to grow into something really great. smile

Another suggestion: Maybe the townspeople could age and eventually move out so new people can move in. I like some of my townies, but I'm starting to get tired of seeing the same ones every day with every generation. Once they get to a certain age, they can pack up and move to Shady Pines. wink

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 02/15/16 10:10 AM

Hi, I don't really like the fact that children keep aging in the last update. My last mayor adopted his daughter very young and she's now beginning her career at 35, with a considerably shortened mayoring time. I don't even know if she will be able to make a bff.

I also find quite ridiculous the fact that a 30 years old woman is "staying close to daddy"

Could you remove or improve this feature in the future updates.

Thanks
Posted by: ada

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 02/16/16 07:18 PM

How do we remove town decorations we don't want anymore? we can't sell them or put them in storage.So how do we remove them?

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 02/16/16 09:39 PM

Sorry if I'm being annoying, but would it be possible to sell vegetable seeds ?

Also being able to pause the game when not playing it for an extended period.

Thank you.

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 02/23/16 12:04 AM

Could you do something to make it easier to pick up plants? I'm having a lot of trouble selecting exactly the one I want when they're close together. My mayor will go to every plant surrounding the one I want, and it takes several tries to get her to pick up the correct one.

Also, having different curtain designs in the store would be nice.
Posted by: Zia

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 02/28/16 06:34 PM

Is it possible for the "mysterious visitor" who comes in to have more of a selection throughout the day. Maybe if the selection changes once or twice at random through the day?

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 03/01/16 05:59 PM

You should add wardrobes, i want a seperate store for my clothes.
Posted by: Viciousbumblebee

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 03/02/16 04:46 AM

It would also be nice for the mysterious visitor to come on days other than Sundays for those of us who take a break from video games that day. smile

I love the sea shell collection on the beach idea!

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 03/03/16 05:34 PM

One thing I have been wishing for lately is if the mayor could purchase a back pack or knapsack to allow them to carry/pick up more items
Posted by: TerayRayal

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 03/10/16 09:07 PM

Hiya! First off, I've been looking for a game like this for ages. I am a HUGE fan of Animal Crossing and have played every game by LDW. So thank you SO much!

Now...I have a few suggestions:
*Farming multiple plots/A separate farming area:I find farming to be incredibly tedious with having to double tap to dig every single plot. I plant about 50 crops at a time so this becomes incredibly time-comsumming. I'd suggest a multi-dig option or maybe there can be a separate farming area, like South east of the map, with the option to plant all or even a combine/harvester?
Crops: More variety would be nice. Similar to the flowers, hybrid crops would be neat. Or if we could buy 'mysterious' seeds found on a mysterious island (Isola of course) that would crossbreed with the tomatoes/carrots/potatoes that gives more foodstuffs per crops versus the 1 per totmato/potato/carrot we have now.
*Using equipment: My phone and tablet both have issues with double-tapping for some reason. How about with our tool equipped, we only tap an extra button or something more mobile friendly? Double tapping running isn't a problem.
*Items carried: How about stacking vegetables? Like being able to carrying 10 carrots in one slot instead of one per slot?
*Selling: The option to sell more than one item via drag and drop would be glorious.
*Camera View: I have a hard time tapping to select exactly what I want when there are multiple options. Maybe there is a way to adjust the camera view? I love the top down look but can't really use it with plants as they disappear.
*Fishing: Please, please, please!
*Pets: Having a dog or cat to dig up the diggable items (We would have to individually cover the holes) or even send them out to fetch with a chance of a rare bug or plant would be neat. Heck, even a mini game to train them with an obstacle course.
*Child: The child is a nuisance in terms of helping (which they don't really) and I feel bad having them "Go inside" all the time because they are always awkwardly underfoot. Perhaps the child can be sent to work in the General Store/Clothing Shop/Real Estate for a day and we can get a discount at that shop for that day. Or even the Museum and we can learn even more neat things about our donations. Btw, I did not know the crane flies did not eat mosquitos. I feel like I've been living a lie. laugh
*House: I believe the outward look of the Mayor's house should be a reflection of the prosperity of the town. For an example, each upgrade should increase the actual size. This being said, the house should be situated away from the rest of them to be able to adjust in size. Clearing out the house can be a quest similar to Virtual Families. For instance, we can be given the old Mayor's house for free as long as we take care of it. As to other residences, I would like to see customization of the houses. For an example, changing colors, style, shape, etc. There could be another store added for exterior design or even another shop keeper as a quest. I don't mind the next day wait for upgrades. It would be exciting to see how it looks!

I know this is a lot but I am really excited to see the new stuff, even if these aren't included.

Thanks a bunch!
Posted by: infinitestrings

Virtual Town needs a pause button - 03/12/16 02:17 AM

Virtual Town *really* needs a pause button, or an option to slow down time in the game if we're going to be away for a while. ESPECIALLY since so many of us have finished everything that's available to do in the game right now. I have a job & a life, I don't always have time to come in every day and spend fifteen minutes doing virtual chores.
Posted by: Kali33

Re: Virtual Town needs a pause button - 03/13/16 06:54 AM

Yes!

I can't always structure my life around my games.
Posted by: S.A.J

Re: Virtual Town needs a pause button - 03/14/16 01:03 AM

I think it would be nice if there was a "cancel action" button; sometimes when I'm dragging/scrolling through town, I accidentally send my mayor running halfway across the map. It would be nice if a button showed up after tapping that would stop your mayor from performing that action.
Posted by: Jessamine

Re: Virtual Town needs a pause button - 03/16/16 08:45 PM

I'd like the townsfolk to have more positive things to say and do: instead of fighting with Detto how about going for a coffee with Felette? Or laughing, meeting up with a friend, chatting about the weather. Remove the being depressed, angry, arguing. Replace with neutral or positive things.
Posted by: arnie

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 03/17/16 02:23 PM

There are several positive actions already in the game. I've also seen them chatting about the weather, greeting a friend, and similar.
Posted by: Candy_63

Re: Virtual Town needs a pause button - 03/20/16 06:23 PM

Originally Posted By: S.A.J
I think it would be nice if there was a "cancel action" button; sometimes when I'm dragging/scrolling through town, I accidentally send my mayor running halfway across the map. It would be nice if a button showed up after tapping that would stop your mayor from performing that action.

You can cancel this action by tapping on the picture of your mayor in the lower-left corner of the screen. Then "you" are where your mayor is and you can tap beside him/her to cancel running across the map smile
Posted by: Ritik

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 03/31/16 11:37 AM

Hello LDW !

This is my first post here. Thank you Ldw for giving us another good game"Virtual town". Here are Some suggestions -

1-Add a Pet shop where we can buy and sell different kind of pets. ( like Virtual families 2)

2-Plz add a feature to rearrange the town. I want to place some buildings and houses across the bridge( north side of the river) and add some paths also.

3-It'll be great if Mayor could have his/ her own family and kids. If that's not possible then at least allow us to adopt more than one kid. I don't like when my kid feels little lonely. wink
OR
Townies can also adopt kids, when Mayor goes to island, old townies can also go with him/her. Then we'll have new mayor and new town people.

And we can also create a small park for kids but forthat you'll have to add some more items.( I'm a big fan of virtual families 2 and want some items from that game. Please add some items and features of Virtual families to Virtual town)

4-Please add a coffee shop/ Restaurant where Mayor can go and enjoy with kids and townies.

5-Plz add a salon. It would be good to see Mayor and townies in different hairstyle OR Add a hat section in the boutique. cool

6-Most of the furniture are of no use. Mayor doesn't use them ( except beds and sitting) Plz make it like virtual families.
And kids they can't even use beds & sitting.

7-Add a option to sell all same kind of Fruits and veggies in a single click.

8-We'hv bird house in the game but there are no birds. Plz Add them.

9-Please add some bushes and berries ( like virtual villagers) & fences.

10- Add a boat so we can visit other towns OR we can visit the island where all Mayors go at the age of 60.
It would be a different experience to see their ghost there. Atleast this way we'll be able to see all our previous Mayor at one place.I really miss them all.( if not daily, atleast twice in a week). laugh

11-Please add fishing. Add a separate building where Mayor could donate them ( like Museum) but there should be a large display where we could keep them all at one place instead of small and seperate boxes.It' wud be fun to see them all at one place playing and chasing eachother.( I know it's not possible in real world to keep different species of fish in one tank but it's only a game.)

12- If possible add some farm animals also. It would be great if we can create a big farm- veggies,cows, goats , sheep, well and fruit trees.

13- There should me more interaction b/w Mayor & Townies.
Give some works to town people also. They can take care of farm animals. If we've to leave game for few days, in our absence they can water plants.( Mayor can give them some coins or gifts in return).It would be great if Mayor can invite them to house and play some mini games with them.

14- Add a swimming pool but not as a decoration. Mayor and townies should be able to use that. And give us some features also which we can place near sea and pool.

15-Pleass Slow down grass growth rate.Sorry but Cutting grass everytime we start game, is not at all a fun thing to do. OR give us a option to disable/ enable it.(You could give this option after 30 days of gameplay) . Players who like it and need it to catch some bugs can keep it. OR give this task to townies. I would like to do something intersting and fun thing instead of this.

16- Add some seasonal events also.:)

Sorry for the long post ! Please keep adding new things, this is a good game and has lot of potential. I like it.Please make it more interesting. smile

( Sorry, English isn't my first language so please excuse any mistakes )

Thanks !

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 04/02/16 06:51 PM

Thanks Ritik! You made some good suggestions there. I hope LDW takes up at less a few of them! smile
Posted by: Brook

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 04/04/16 01:52 AM

• The buttons that open dialog windows should be toggles. That avoids extra motion when opening and closing the dialogs.
  • The ability to sort the stored inventory at the mayor's house would be very helpful.
  • The mayor's child should never stand between the mayor and camera. Since the camera can't yaw, it means that digging, mining, and grass trimming run the risk of popping up the child chat dialog, which 99% of the time, isn't what you want. The child should stand to either side, but not right there.
  • Why isn't chopping down grass 'tidying the town?' The child learns nothing from that--one has to pick up cans and boxes to train the child.
  • Selection accuracy in areas with a lot of objects on the ground isn't anywhere near precise enough.
  • More than once I've dug a hole in which to plant a potato (to be eaten raw by a citizen at some later date) and my 'tidy-the-town-mode' child has filled the hole before I could put a seed in it.
  • A proper set-up would have the town budget be separate from the mayor's salary. The ideas of using the town's budget to furnish the mayor's house, and requiring the mayor to pay for town improvements out of his or her own salary, are at a minimum ethically dubious.
  • There should be a rational explanation as to why the high-functioning idiots of the town are immortal but the mayor isn't.
  • Seriously, nobody sixty years of age has that kind of wrinkles. I'm 55 and in five years, I will not have that kind of wrinkles.
  • They're. Eating. Raw. Potatoes. Dude. Raw. Potatoes.
  • Why do they give the mayor bath mats when there aren't any bathrooms--which you'd think they'd need, what with eating the raw potatoes.
  • An explanation regarding why the undying underachievers can walk on water is in order. Don't deny it. I've seen it.
  • The number of meteors at night suggests that the Earth will soon be destroyed. Someone ought to look into that.
  • No matter where you go, the mayor's assistant can see you. That's just plain creepy. I can't find that guy that asked me for a bumblebee two seconds after he walks off-screen, but she can see me in the cave on the other side of town.
  • Sometimes one of the nattering nincompoops comes up and says he or she wants to help out around town, and might the mayor hand over a machete? Upon receipt of said instrument, the townsperson hands back...a machete. I don't know what to believe at that point. Did they change their mind about helping, or did they not know they already had a machete?
  • From a materials engineering standpoint, silver makes a worse pickax than brass, and gold makes a worse pickax than silver. Ditto machetes and shovels. This is high-school chemistry stuff.
  • Where do the citizens of the town get soda to drink? And what's in those little cartons? It can't have been food, because they're already eating one raw potato a day.
  • The citizens need educating in common courtesy--preferably at gunpoint.
  • Based on how I can hear them all the way from the other side of town, I'm pretty sure the citizens are chewing with their mouths open. Gross.
  • Conversation as it would have happened in real life:
    Franda: "You know, I've always liked the Cockroach...."
    Mayor: "Get away from me, you."
  • The icon on the Kindle screen, showing the woman leaning up against the guy with a contented smile on her face, can never actually happen in the game. I'm just sayin'.
  • Many of the creatures in the game aren't found in a common biome. The town has a serious non-native species intrusion problem. Someone needs to get to the bottom of this.
  • The two streams at the sound end of the map are heading toward each other (!?!?) and then going underground into what I assume is some sort of naturally-occurring giant cistern. Hopefully the town isn't resting on top of a giant limestone dome, because things will get ugly super fast if we get much more rain....

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 04/04/16 10:43 AM

Thanks Arnie smile
Posted by: lorsieab2

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 04/05/16 12:50 AM

I hope the next update adds a pause button. Sometimes I get kinda lazy when taking care of my town since I have a lot of other games on my phone that I like to play. We really need that pause button xD
I don't like how weeds kill my nice flowers in my garden. Sometimes I forget to water my flowers and I have to temporarily pull the surrounding plants just to get rid of a weed. (Garden is really crowded now thanks to the change in plant breeding!)
Maybe make some changes in how furniture behaves when putting it in the house. My mayor's house is full of furniture and I like tweaking things here and there, so it's kinda annoying when I try and scroll around to take a look at my work and something moves and I have to fix it...
And also, sometimes when my mayor interacts with a piece of furniture like a couch or shelf that's near a wall, it'll move away from the wall and it bugs me a bit xD
-Even better idea concerning furniture, make it so that they behave like town decorations where you can "confirm" where they stay so they stay in one place unless you long tap on them, like locking them in place. That way, nothing will move every time your finger gets close to an object (I have big fingers lol)
We should have more stuff in the store, as in furniture and wall/floor designs. Have a wider selection of objects available in the store at one time- have at max 1-2 beds/couches/chairs, a bookcase, and some misc. items. I don't like how I have to get lucky when trying to find a certain item to decor my house with.
Don't lock us into one room renovation option once we add on a room, give us multiple room choices so that we can expand our houses as we see fit. I like my rooms small and my main room large, for example.
Have the kid actually be useful and fill up any holes we dig/help cut grass, and don't let them get in the way of our work.
More than two tasks per day :3
And one last thing... more story!

I hope you guys add some of these things in the next update or so and thanks for reading my wall of text, lol.

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 04/05/16 05:51 AM

One more suggestion-( Town's kitchen)

Add a common kitchen in the town with a chef. He (chef) can collect veggies from town and prepare food for the townies . whenever townies feel hungry,they can go to the town kitchen and have meal there.

Mayor can pay salary to chef, like 5 or 10 coins per town person.( It's so easy to earn coins in this game , don't know why some players find it difficult to earn coins) .Atleast we can pay him 100 or 200 coins daily if we've all the town people. Or pay per person option is also good for new players.

It would be better for townies to have meal there rather than eating raw vegetables. laugh

And Make it open so we can see townies having meal there.
And chef's look should be different from townies, give him a little funny look.

(Restaurant and coffee shop idea was different from this. It's only townies wish if they want to go there with mayor or other people but in town kitchen they'll have to come daily)

I've so many ideas for this lovely game and I understand you can't add all the things but please try to add as many things as possible. smile
Thanks.

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 04/05/16 12:36 PM

LOL @ Brook! Great suggestions. smile

A couple more:
This was mentioned in another thread, but the dark-skinned townies should have more than one hairstyle. The men and women look just alike because they all have the same hairstyle. confused

Also, prevent this from happening:

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 04/06/16 01:35 PM

@Brook Wow i'm really impressed while reading these. I think you could be a Sour Dictionary author if you would be Turkish shocked
Posted by: tygerkittn

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 04/11/16 06:04 PM

I'd like to be able to sell multiple items at one time without dragging them all to the sell box individually, I get up to 150+ apples some days and it's a pain. Not having to click the "take" box for apples would be nice, too.
I only buy apple trees because they have golden apples, I've gotten up to three a day. There's no advantage to pear or orange trees.
It would also be nice to have a playground for the kids, so playground equipment in the town section would be great!
Posted by: MCroft

Re: VT Suggestions - 04/19/16 07:47 PM

So here's some pie-in-the-sky thoughts. Some of these might be better for VT II than VT 1.x...

RTS (Warcraft) style clearing and building houses for peeps
By this I mean that there are maybe 4 houses when I start and some clear land, but in order to expand my population, I need to 1: clear a plot 2: pave a road to it (with stones I have hit with my pickaxe) 3: build a house (with trees I have cut down). Houses can go anywhere, either side of the river, as long as there's a road back to the central shopping district.

Houses can have more than one person live in them.
Even after college, I knew pairs of people who lived in 315 sq ft apartments. Perhaps you have to add-on rooms to get more people in the house. This also gives you the option for larger populations.

Peeps who age and retire
The game says everyone gets older, but only the mayor and child do. Even if they just reach 60, 'retire' and are replaced by a new person, it would make them seem less like alien vampires. Maybe even have kids, have more than one person per house. If 3 people

Shopkeepers are peeps as well
When the store or the bank is closed, they should live in houses and offer quests. They should eat.

Peeps should go to the movies
'The Mayor's private cinema' seems economically unfeasible.

Garbage should include popcorn containers and drink cups from the cinema
Near a cinema, it usually does...

Anyway, just a few ideas, from pebbles to boulders...
Posted by: CindyO

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 04/25/16 10:52 PM

Hello!

Have been playing since the update and enjoying the new goodies to play with. Cinema worked great for me today and I got a seed as a prize that I have never seen, excited to see what it will be!

One thing I am a little frustrated with is the fertilizer bomb. I love the idea of it, but am disappointed it only works in the house plots or botanical garden. I have a lot of flowers planted around fountains and the ponds. Is it possible in the next update to let them work anywhere, and just limit how much area it covers? I ended up transplanting a ton of flowers today just to be able to use the fertilizer I had bought.

Thanks! Cindy

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 04/27/16 06:01 AM

RAIN-

Please make it rain more often in the town. I don't know when and how does it rain in VT but if it's following weather of player's city then it's not going to rain here for at least next one or two months. Make it rain in town at least 3-4 times a week, no matter where do we live and how is weather conditions there. ( it never rains in my VT) frown

I want it because-
Firstly I need few bugs which I haven't been getting coz of this rain and secondly I won't have to water my flowers daily.
I've so many flowers planted all over the town.

I hope you understand that it's not easy to water all the plants daily that too twice a day. If they'd need water only once a day that would've been better. I've already sold so many flowers because of this but I don't want to sell them all . They look awesome especially near fountains, Buddha etc.

You've made everything in this game so easy now, so please add this feature also. Either make it rain more often OR plants should need water once a day only OR it would be awesome if you could add both options. laugh

Thanks.
Posted by: Pertouch

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 04/27/16 04:38 PM

I think the game runs on real time. It rains the same time it's raining in real time. The game is based in CA so I assume it's on the game developers time and weather.
Posted by: Pertouch

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 04/27/16 04:41 PM

I agree and also to be able to put the same items in the same slot in your inventory, instead of each one going to a different slot.
Posted by: XayAdministrator

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 04/27/16 06:38 PM

The game follows your time zone (not California's, unless you live in California), but the weather is random. The in-app purchase of the Irrigation system helps quite a bit with watering plants and is already in the game.

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 04/27/16 08:24 PM

I don't know if this was already mentioned, but I think there should be a way to purchase multiples of the same object by entering the quantity you want, instead of having to click on the same item multiple times. That would really help when buying seeds, fertilizer, etc.

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 05/19/16 06:57 AM

It would be cool if there were levels of granting favors. If a townie asks for a firefly, you could have three possible responses. 1)Absolutely, I will definitely get that for you-if you get it, the reward should be a nice one, if you don't, there should be a penalty, perhaps they like you less or demand money. 2)I will try to get it for you-if you get it, a medium reward, and no penalty if you don't 3)I can't get it-no reward, no penalty.
It would encourage players to keep stocks of bugs, plants, minerals and tools, and to memorize the contents of their storage unit, since if they said they would definitely get it and then they didn't have it, they'd lose out. It would also make finding the townie to grant their request more exciting.
More wallpapers and flooring choices would be nice, nothing really goes well, if you stick with the rare stuff.
Townies giving different rewards would be nice. I'm so sick of pizzas and picnic baskets.
Also, having the mayor's assistant give out an award for decorating your house every week or so would be cool, if your furniture matches, if it's rare, if you have all the pieces of a set, if you have a lot of rare knick knacks, and if it's not too cluttered, then you could get a decorating award.
Being able to stack multiple copies of items would be nice, even with a limit of ten or so. I hate having to run and sell apples to make room for more apples.
Maybe a fashion award, too, for dressing your townies well, and for being a snappy dresser. More new clothes, shoes, and especially hats, would be really cool.
Thanks for "listening!"

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 05/20/16 05:46 PM

Quote:
It would encourage players to keep stocks of bugs, plants, minerals and tools, and to memorize the contents of their storage unit
I don't see the advantage in that. I generally say 'yes' to requests then hope I find the item. If not they are unlucky. They'll have forgotten all about the request the next morning, anyway. smile

There's no real gain to a player apart from getting random (generally useless) items in exchange. When my tool tray gets full I'll empty it by selling items to the store and there's little difference in selling the found items or selling their gifts.

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 05/20/16 06:59 PM

Originally Posted By: arnie
Quote:
It would encourage players to keep stocks of bugs, plants, minerals and tools, and to memorize the contents of their storage unit
I don't see the advantage in that. I generally say 'yes' to requests then hope I find the item. If not they are unlucky. They'll have forgotten all about the request the next morning, anyway. smile

There's no real gain to a player apart from getting random (generally useless) items in exchange. When my tool tray gets full I'll empty it by selling items to the store and there's little difference in selling the found items or selling their gifts.

Well, the second option would be the same as it is now, there would just be an option for the player to guarantee to get it, and to get a better reward for it, so if you know for sure you have pyrite and they ask for pyrite, you can guarantee it. Otherwise, pick the second option, to try to get it, and it's the same as it's always been, regular reward and no penalty.
Posted by: Peony

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 05/22/16 03:15 AM

I didn't know that! Thanks!

Originally Posted By: LadyCFII
You can always review your past mayors and their achievements by tapping on the portrait in Town Hall and scrolling down past the current mayor.

I'd like to see a hair salon so that I could change the mayor's hair style/color.

LOLLOL LOL Brook! I seriously laughed until I had tears running down my face. Thank you.

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 05/22/16 11:53 PM

Also, why have small appliances like a juicer and coffee maker, but no kitchen cabinets to sit them on? Are cabinets going to be available later?
Posted by: VirtuallyMe

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 05/31/16 10:02 PM

In what town does the mayor run errands for the resident citizens? Only in VT and I t's actually quite ridiculous. Let's face it, running these errands become old very fast. I'm board already and I've only been playing for a couple months. But somtimes my townies have hayfever, sometimes they're looking for keys, why can't I offer them a box of Kleenex when they have hayfever? Every time I've tried it just drops on the ground. Seems if the townies are actually experiencing something like hayfever and I have a box of Kleenex in my inventory, I should be able to spontaneously offer the miserable townie a Kleenex to help them out. Or if they're looking for keys, why can't I offer to help them search? This would at least add another layer of interest and spontinaity to the game, as it is now it's frustrating being limited to being the town gopher.

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 06/01/16 05:08 AM

I don't know if I mentioned this anywhere yet, but how about playground equipment? What good is a park without a playground, and it will give the kids something to do besides bugging the mayor and walking on the lake.
Also, maybe a reward for granting all favors every day for so many days?
I've also run out things to buy, I have the gothic and modern white furniture, which is all I like, and more knick knacks than I can display. More rare furniture would be cool, plus all the accoutrements to set up a bathroom or kitchen, and laundry room.
Also, more whimsical clothes. I have a town of people wearing lederhosen, a town of people in pajamas, and a Peter pan/Tinkerbell town. I love the costume type clothes.
Is there going to be a level of very rare stuff? Green labeled furniture, wallpapers, clothes, etc? Is there one already and I've just never seen it?

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 06/01/16 10:23 AM

@tygerkittn I like your suggestions, this game is in serious need of more depth to keep me interested in playing it.

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 06/01/16 11:14 PM

Thanks!
I was also thinking, being able to add a second floor and/or a basement to the mayor's house would give us more room for furniture and I could use some of the money I have nothing to spend on for construction and new furniture. It would probably make me poor again, so I could start back building up my savings. The exterior of the house wouldn't have to change. It's a TARDIS house anyway!
Posted by: AmberKillian

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 06/02/16 01:41 PM

*Can you tweak the programming so when we complete a favor for a townie, we don't get what we gave them? For example, if I give Buresco a brass shovel, I shouldn't get a brass shovel from him as a reward.

*Ability to change the mayor's appearance (hair and make up). Maybe at a beauty salon in town? Or as an addition to the clothing boutique? Or a traveling vendor?

*Ability to pause the game, at least for a short time.

*User VirtuallyMe suggested a bartering system. When a townie asks a favor, instead of just "yes" or "no" we could have an option that says "I will do that if you do this." I would also like the option of "let me check and get back to you."

*Eviction notice. For that townie who is always in a bad mood. It could be in the store, along with the demolition order, or in the mayor's office, under "ordinances" maybe.

*Changing/aging townies. Once the townies get to a certain age (maybe 80) they go to the North Island (I can't remember exactly what it's called). If a townie is the mayor's "bestie," and they turn 80 before the mayor retires, they would stay on until the mayor retires.

*Categorized storage. It would be nice if I could store my rocks in one place, my clothes in another, gardening stuff in another. We could still put everything in the same place if we wanted, but it would be nice to have the option of separating things if we want to.

Also, I noticed on this last update (6/2/16) the color of some of my furniture changed. It's brighter. Will that change back? I'm not a fan of the new colors. (They're still the same colors, but brighter shades.)
Posted by: Brid

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 06/04/16 04:47 PM

1.The prices for the room upgrades like that back room $150,000.. I don't really want that back room that large but it gives me no choice, be nice to choose how large u want a room. beforehand.. I can't even do the other side room, if I had known that I would have done the other side room first, but to have to upgrade a room fully before you can add another room is another thing that irks me. Being able to add another room without fully upgrading the room that you have would be great because maybe you want small rooms in some areas.

2.I agree with someone else a hair salon to change your hairstyle and colour.

3. I also agree on an eviction notice I have one townie all she is,is rude and runs around town in circles like a mad woman. Greets me as hello Earthling,Ok!, also I do her a favour, she says see ya wouldn't want to be ya. I want to get rid of her.

4. Ability to pause game.

5 Twood be nice if my child could use the bed I got for her. instead of just standing there. What's purpose of creating a room that the child won't even use.

Thanks for listening.

Posted by: Samkkgamer786

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 06/05/16 02:07 PM

GOOD VIRTUAL TOWN SUGGESTIONS
- We should be able to marry townies
- We should be able to have our own children rather then adopt to make the game more interesting
- be able to cook ?

I WOULD love it if the first 2 are taken into consideration wink

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 06/06/16 11:38 PM

Something I've been wanting to request:
I know we can tell our child to basically go away but why not just have them move? They get in the way so often! Can't tell you how many times I've tried to dig a hole & instead had to talk to the child because they were standing in the way. Can't we update their program so they will move when they're standing in the way? This is so frustrating!
Posted by: Raptiss

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 06/10/16 07:23 AM

Have missed some good bugs worth catching for the same reason. By the time you've told your child to 'go away' the bug has bug-gered off or disappeared!
Posted by: BamDingo

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 06/10/16 02:24 PM

Has someone already mentioned adding a Pause function? Please, please add a Pause function.

If we make a currency purchase and end up restarting the game somewhere along the line, does that purchase carry over to the new game?
Posted by: Aviatrix

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 06/10/16 04:45 PM

BamDingo, a pause function isn't really necessary the way the game is set up. I put a list of the steps I take to secure my game in this post in the VT Forum.

There is a button that shows up on the IAP pop up that says "Restore Purchases". If I understand this correctly, that restores previous IAP purchases to a new game on that device. I hope the mods will correct me if I am wrong here.
Posted by: XayAdministrator

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 06/10/16 05:30 PM

It will restore permanent purchases only (not coin purchases). In the case of Virtual Town, that button will restore:

The Irrigation System
Lucky Rabbit's Foot
The Broker

If you wish to start over, and want to keep purchased coins, I suggest you use the "Start Over" feature in the Options. It will remove any coins that were earned in the game, but will keep any unspent purchased coins for the new game. I hope that helps.

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 06/11/16 08:57 PM

I thought of one more important suggestion, which may make it a wee less boring.. Ah I know a lot of LDW games that I played have the ability to have more than one Profile!!! If we had more than one Profile we could put one game on hold,whilst we wait for updates. and start another game under another profile with another mayor..

Methinks that would allow for less frustration, amongst players, for those who have done everything, without starting over and losing everything that you've already done..

I vote wholeheartedly for more than one Profile for this game.. you might get a lot less people uninstall an a wee more patient... cool

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 06/13/16 03:44 PM

Thanks for the link and the suggestions, Aviatrix. I'll give that a shot.

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 06/24/16 01:22 AM

Wasn't sure where else to put this and I didn't want to start a whole new thread for one bit of feedback/praise, so this seemed like the best place.

The game was so difficult to play on an older device that I finally gave up and uninstalled it. A couple of days later, the opportunity came to replace it with a newer tablet-- when a device crashes 80% of the time on 80% of the apps, it needs to be put out to pasture.

I put Virtual Town on the new iPad, and it runs like a dream. The game is gorgeous! It's a whole new experience, and the quality of the game really shines through. Thanks again so much for making such an engaging game. Can't wait for the next part!

Will you include new plants in further updates?
Posted by: Pliri

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 06/24/16 06:01 AM

Hi LDW ... wasn't sure either where to post this. I have been controversial before, and I will do it again. Get on with it LDW!!!!! Please don't give us the small company excuse. You take way too long to progress with anything these days. I was a big fan for a long time ... my patience has run out.

Hire more people please. There are so many games out there that deliver more than you right now, and I hope you take notice.

I know this will be deleted, but you will see it before it is.

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 07/02/16 07:18 PM

I have one more suggestion in my list of possible things it be nice to be able to un bestie someone,like go up to them and have the option.. I don't want to be your bestie anymore, then you would be open to getting someone else nicer that moved recently in town.

This one neighbor Greghi asked me and I said no for eh he seemed to be a pain, then I got something he wanted for the Town, then he asked me again. I went ahead and say yes, now he's stalking me he follows me everywhere, now has become a pain. One time I tried to plant something with a shovel, turned around and clicked on him,starts blathering away,same thing with trying to catch something I'm ready to swing my net, ends up he's there and it gets away..Seems like always standing over my shoulder is creeping me out really, I would like it if you could unbestie someone..

Am I the only one that wonders if it fits into the missing mayor story..when a neighbour says, after you complete a task for them, my evil plan is working...gives me chills..
Update story please, give more tasks.

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 07/03/16 04:00 PM

@Brid I agree, the story line is so incomplete & the comments the citizens make are cryptic & weird & creepy! I don't have the issue you described with my bestie but I DO hae those issues with my 'child'. Turn around, right there on my heels. Try to dig, nope! They're right there. Etc, etc... VERY annoying. I tell them to go away or go home & the kid still hovers.
Posted by: Peony

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 07/03/16 09:05 PM

I'd like the option of being able to dig a hole and have a townie fall into it. A few of them are really annoying!

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 07/04/16 03:20 AM

How about a fireworks animation on July 4th, an egg hunt on Easter, and presents on Christmas, etc?

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 07/04/16 01:37 PM

Wish we could +1 ideas in here. 4th of July fireworks (as well as the other holiday specific options mentioned) would be awesome!
Posted by: Ruth W

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 07/12/16 02:58 AM

One thing I'd really like is the ability to move trees around, at least those we plant. It's annoying to plant one and realize that it is slightly misplaced.

Could the children have an age limit? It is weird having a useless 28 year old following my every step. If she is that old, couldn't she at least pick up the trash by herself? All she does is get in my way and it seems rude to tell her to go away.

Also could the children use the furniture in the house? We should be able to send them to bed and sit at a table to eat.

A better selection of furniture each day would be great! I have two beds and a chair. Every day I look for an affordable table and something to set my snow globe on. Every day there is nothing.

I would love more interactions with townies and just fun things to do. Being able to dance or do kung fu together would be so fun! I would like to be able to change townies' names and the outside of their houses too.

Finally, being able to pause the game so I can focus on a vacation would be lovely!

In spite of all these suggestions, I am enjoying the game! Thanks for creating it!

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 07/14/16 01:56 PM

Can we get some animals besides bugs in Virtual Town? There's a birdhouse in the town features, which I've placed, but no birds in town? Weird! And pets would be nice too.
Posted by: Simsane

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 07/14/16 09:25 PM

Just a minor request, but is it at all possible to tone down the colors and/or add some more neutral colors of flooring and wallpaper in VT? Mainly the wallpaper as the flooring isn't quite as jarring anyway.

Also, can you guys check to make sure the plant stuff that is supposed to make the plants have a higher chance of producing a mutation (not the plant mutation stuff, but the stuff that makes them sparkle) is actually working? The five plants I've tried it on have NO new plants around them and it's been four weeks since I used it and yes, they are all planted next to each other in a bunch with no gaps. Oh, and no bees or butterflies will land on them.

One other thing, why won't bugs ever land on any fruit trees or on any of the other trees you can buy at the store? Only on the trees that were already in the game when it started. Is that on purpose, or just something that was overlooked in the programming? If it was on purpose, could you change it back?

Well, thanks for listening and thank you for such a fun game.

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 07/15/16 03:05 PM

Suggestion:
We have a mystery on our hands! Who are these nefarious virtual citizens that keep stealing minerals, goods & tools & burying them throughout the town? Can they be stopped?! Why haven't any of the mayors been able to catch them? Are these nefarious citizens responsible for the original mayor's disappearance?!

We NEED to know these things and FAST! The happiness, cleanliness & even virtual existence DEPENDS upon solving these mysteries before another mayor disappears under suspicious circumstances!

We MUST have a hard breaking, truth telling newspaper to keep our citizens informed! We NEED a police force to help the mayor solve these crimes! We MUST HAVE a detective agency to investigate our citizens & catch them before they wreak any more havoc! ...oh and perhaps if we had a school for our children they'd grow up a little smarter
Posted by: Simsane

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 07/15/16 05:37 PM

Originally Posted By: VirtuallyMe
Suggestion:
We have a mystery on our hands! Who are these nefarious virtual citizens that keep stealing minerals, goods & tools & burying them throughout the town? Can they be stopped?! Why haven't any of the mayors been able to catch them? Are these nefarious citizens responsible for the original mayor's disappearance?!

We NEED to know these things and FAST! The happiness, cleanliness & even virtual existence DEPENDS upon solving these mysteries before another mayor disappears under suspicious circumstances!

We MUST have a hard breaking, truth telling newspaper to keep our citizens informed! We NEED a police force to help the mayor solve these crimes! We MUST HAVE a detective agency to investigate our citizens & catch them before they wreak any more havoc! ...oh and perhaps if we had a school for our children they'd grow up a little smarter

Lol! Thanks for the laugh, what you wrote was great! wink
Posted by: Ruth W

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 07/19/16 01:48 AM

I am enjoying the game so far. I would like to see new quests to introduce new features. There could be several leading up to new features. On example, I would love to have families in the town, not just individual citizens. You could kick off this quest line when the mayor makes a best friend. The new friend could remember a time when families lived in the town with children. Perhaps something happened so the town was unable to support families. This could be a mystery to look into.

Several quests might have to be done to prepare the town for families. Perhaps gardening activities would have to be completed to make the food more nutritious, so each bunch provides for a household instead of an individual. Or perhaps a restaurant could be built that families could take their veggies to and have it made into a dish for eating out. Perhaps those villagers who wanted to marry and have a child would have to expand their houses first. (There could be a limit on the number if necessary, maybe three families per village.) The mayor's child should be able to play with the new children.

Since we have a port, perhaps our mayor could visit other exotic areas and bring back new collection items from those spots. There could be a quest for this as well.

I would also like some place to see all the furnishings available so we could make plans for our houses. Also please give more interactions between the mayor and her child and with villagers. The child should be able to sit, go to bed, play with toys, etc. Thanks!
Posted by: thewaif99

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 10/20/16 11:32 PM

We definitely need to be able to fish! More house additions would also be great. Land expansion would also be great with the mountains included.
Posted by: cherubic

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 10/25/16 04:51 PM

Is the game going to be available on PC ? I really struggle to play games on mobile etc

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 10/25/16 05:51 PM

I play on the computer using android emulators like bluestacks and nox. They're not supported by LDW, but they work really well, I can even make in game purchases.
Posted by: AIcaeos

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 02/03/17 10:40 PM

I have have been wondering if there is a plan to have a fertilizer bomb in virtual town like family's as some weeds are hard to pick without picking a lot of my flowers that are in the way. Also, I have trouble seeing certain things as I am color deficient (not as serious as color blind, can not see colors not to full extent) and was wondering if there could be like outlines and or darker box colors because I can't tell a difference in the grass and box smirk
Posted by: Erparus

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 04/05/17 08:30 PM

I love the idea of a weeding bomb. The solution I've found for weeds in the botanical garden is to use the shovel. It will turn green over a weed but not over a flower.
Posted by: Rockmower

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 05/04/17 09:55 AM

Originally Posted By: tygerkittn
I play on the computer using android emulators like bluestacks and nox. They're not supported by LDW, but they work really well, I can even make in game purchases.

Hmm...never thought of that (mostly because I'm an old(er) man who uses, but don't have a great grasp on computers, smart phones etc.
I still wish the new LDW games would come out on PC/MAC frown
I know the trend in gaming is primarily to go mobile for casual, and gaming platform for core games. It makes sense from a purely financial aspect.
Microsoft tried to change the trend away from PC gaming with Windows 10, and now Facebook Gameroom. It looks to me like a lot of the games on Facebook Gameroom are mobile games or flash games. I don't know how much it would take to adapt the newer games like VT to that platform, but it might be worth investigating.
Posted by: lindasch

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 05/22/17 01:03 AM

1. FISHING !
2. a door from the back of the cave that is a portal to another part/town. Would have to earn the right to use the portal.
I LOVE this game.

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 06/05/17 10:06 AM

As a newbie here, there's few things, i want to say.
2014-2017 era was the possibly worst era for LDW customers, can't say same for staff because they were probably suffering for even longer time.

What exactly caused this?
From now on, text will be pretty much filled up with my assumptions and they're not meant to be canonical.

First, let's find where it all started.
When i was a kid, every year i used to find one or two new LDW game at reflexive.
As years were passing by, this number got lower and lower.
Before that big break, their last effective release was Virtual Families 2 for Desktop at early 2013 which is also where Casual gaming trend completely relinquished from PC's to Smartphones.

I'm even thinking that this is why Lonely Pets was cancelled.
It's pretty possible that they were remaking Little Pocket Pet for PC's but they realized they chose the wrongest time for it since a LP for PC wouldn't cover up it's costs.

And they did LOADS of things in that period, particularly reworking on all VV's for PC to make them completely compable to new PC's.
But these new versions weren't even supossed to cover up their costs.
They only did it for us, fans (This is what CFII says in a post i read)

And to prevent bankrupting, they had to follow the new trend.
Originally Posted By: Arthur
Hi Everyone!
We have to chase the insane competition on the iTunes App Store and on Google Play, or run the risk of being literally driven out of business. The revenue that used to support our staff from direct sales at ldw.com is now a tiny fraction of what it used to be. We were really hurting at the end of 2012, and just around last December we were once again saved by sales on mobile.
Arthur

But it was pretty clear that their current games were just NOT supossed to be mobile. I mean, VV origins has a little popularity since it was reapproached a little to fit new freemium trend and VF2 was their biggest one on mobile which earned a lot of mobile fans to them. but other VV's were just fiascos on android. I think this is where they decided to make a game that is actually supossed to be freemium.

Well, i think most of us are not really fans of freemium approach, but we have to get over it.
We've been waiting so long since they bit more than they could chew. But all of these games have a good reason behind them to be developed;

Virtual Town:They needed a game that was actually meant to be for mobile devices and freemium. Players' ambition for VV Origins and VF2 was going to die eventually.
Virtual Families 3:VF2 was their savior at that point, and it needed to have a sequel.
Virtual Aquarium:Arthur already sparked interest in Fish Tycoon a lot of times and it was a fan favorite. It even had ideal mechanics for a freemium game. It was a win-win since both old fans were happy to see a new FT and they probably earn much from it (I watched loads of commerical to buy exclusive stuff lol :D).
Virtual Villagers 6:Well, i'm sure no one queries why it's being developed. VV series are their gem. A lot of fans want more of it and in last game, story was still open ended. They want to complete story as much as we want to experience it. So a proper VV6 is being made no matter if it (is/isn't) going to cover up it's costs.

We discussed enough of past, i believe. Now as it's a suggestion thread, i have VT suggestions to share.

I think Virtual Town is a two sided game. First side is a typical freemium game.I will call it freemium side.
Freemium side is definitely not well-developed. It's acceptable as it was their first freemium game. But there's a some stuff they need to fix, to make it completely proper Freemium game.
Firstly, it's just TOO easy to get what you want. I mean just catch a few Clorinde butterfly, sell 'em a store and you may already buy a brass shovel which will help you to find loads of minerals n'stuff hidden underneath. I'm not even talking about how easy it is to do some silly drudgery stuff twice a day to get about 1000 bucks.
You may not change easiness of money after this point. But you may make new stuff more precious. I want to see items for 20000, 50000 and even 100000! It's not to encourage people to spend money on this game. But it's to make people keep playing game more while you have time to work for new updates and other stuff. It will also make game more challenging and fun.

And my main suggestion for enchancing Freemium side is to adding minigames. Since VT is a child of VV series, it has limited content, which is a horrible thing for a freemium game. I mean, there's 16 puzzles in VV's and no one is arguing about it since it was a "pay money once and enjoy forever" game. Sometimes i still play VV3 and enjoy it, not even aware that it is repetitive. But VT should never get repetitive. Even if you add much stuff, equal to 30 puzzles for VV, people will find it boring after a while.
What they're going to do after VT story is finished? a VT2 to suffer us? Only way too keep this type of game from beeing repetitive while protecting it's soul i see is, to add minigames.
Maybe they could add skill system like VV and townies would gain various skills as we play these minigames with 'em?

And the other side is the casual side of the game.
And Casual side of the game is even worse-developed than freemium side. To be honest, there's almost NOTHING challenging in game to do.
There's town projects but you only give a minimal amount of money for a project and then your townies will work for the rest of the day. Soo? Is it even fun? They need to have a challenging puzlle. Maybe if they add minigames and skill system, townies would need to have some skill. Then you could use them for project and you'd need to solve some mechanism by yourself to actually complete project?

And my last suggestion for Casual Side is, to have a Majestic Puzzle!
A majestic puzzle is one which takes multiple player skills to complete and makes player proud of him/herself when he complete it.
For example, erecting the statue in VV3 was a majestic puzzle. something like that would really make game fun. I'm not sure if it's a good idea though, as mobile players usually not really into challenging things.

Sorry for long post, thanks for reading, G'day!

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 06/10/17 04:02 PM

Wish the town members could have a kitchen bathroom etc and be able to interact with the different rooms have different types of food didn't know that the whole town is vegans
Posted by: pth

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 06/19/17 09:38 PM

Let the townsfolk marry and have kids. It's kinda weird that the mayor and his/her child are the only ones that age.
Posted by: pth

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 08/20/18 04:17 PM

How about blue jeans be and sandals for men and women, and tank tops for the men.
Posted by: haberp

Re: Virtual Town Suggestions - 12/16/19 03:49 PM

I have the same problem.