VF2 - Small suggestions

Posted by: Tailored

VF2 - Small suggestions - 04/19/13 12:07 AM

Hello all. This is a short list (numerically XD) of small-fix suggestions to make the overall game a little more intuitive.

Please note that I love the game so far, these are just things that caught my attention.

~The shop screens clearly kept their iOS vibe. Those of us who don't own those devices (small children) are a little confused about how to scroll on those screens. A scrolling bar or arrows on the side would be helpful.

~When the game starts up, it's impossible to tell which family is selected because the user name doesn't show until you enter a user family and then exit back to the splash page. Showing the active user when the game is first brought up (And changing the color of the user font to a brighter color!) would help.

~I'm uncertain why there's a Start Over button on the splash page, when any user can be deleted from the Manage Games button. That button scares me, as I have small children who also like this game. Is it possible to move it to a far corner or do away with it altogether?

~While playing a family, the small button that says Touch to Select should be changed to Click to Select. Also, either the clickable area of that button should cover the entire button graphic, or it should be shortened to the current clickable area. Currently, the right side that overhangs isn't able to be clicked.

~When a family member is targeted and their little profile portrait is active, there should be arrows on either side of that little portrait. The arrows would cycle through all family members. (Helpful for finding that kid hiding in the far corner in the yard.)

~Pressing the arrow keys to move around the map would be a nice addition to the number pad keys.

~When in Decorate mode, the movement of the screen should be limited to when the cursor touches the edge of the screen. Trying to get that couch right up against the floorboards is a pain when every 3 pixels my cursor moves, the map also moves.

~Family members should try to fulfill their own needs once those needs degrade to a certain point. When Energy reaches Exhausted, for instance, the family member should be stubborn about doing anything except sleeping. The family members should also fulfill their own needs to at LEAST 1/4 of the bar. Constantly putting them to bed because they won't sleep long enough to gain more than 1/8th of the energy bar is tedious. It helps to use the Praise hand when you put them to bed, but that's very counter-intuitive. Real folks sleep when they need rest.

~Last is just a visual gripe. On the adoption screen, the family members look so crisp and clear! In the game play, this is not the case. What's the deal with that? On small phones and ipads, I can see how the smaller resolution would be necessary. But on a monitor, game play just looks fuzzy. frown

Thanks in advance for any feedback on this. grin
Posted by: Simsane

Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 04/22/13 10:37 PM

Wow, great suggestions Tailored! smile

I wanted to make a suggestion and thought it might be a good idea to just put it into this thread.

I am hoping that the developers will make an update and add back in the coin collectibles that they had in the original Virtual Families game. Not only did I enjoy having them to collect but I do feel it would really add to this game.

In this game, you have the Nuts & Leaves, the Bugs and the Dino bones, right? But you can't really ever find any bugs except for after a rain and even then it's rare for any bugs to show up and as far as the Dino bones go -- you have to first buy some sort of Certificate from the Flea Market part of the store before you can even start collecting them.

But, if you are just starting a peep and don't have enough money to buy the certificate or if it's not being offered in the store then you're out of luck and that only leaves the Nuts and Leaves. Very, very disappointing. frown
Posted by: Jami

Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 04/22/13 10:49 PM

Here's mine -

1: We've said it so many times - there's no reason the mom can't work while having an infant. Especially since they work from the home. This should be doubly true for moms who work on the computers.

2: Earning coins takes so long it makes time travel very tempting. There needs to be more ways to earn coins.

3: Some items really should be cheaper. Especially a certain certificate.

4: It would be nice if praising/scolding actually did something about behavior. No matter what I try I can't get my people to understand that they need to be working, not walking around randomly. Especially when they only have 70 coins and are whining about being broke/needing repairs.

Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 04/22/13 11:03 PM

Jami, your No. 2 comment is another reason I feel they need to add back the coin collectible. When I'm playing the original, I can quickly come up with money by selling the coin collectibles. That's basically how I manage to buy food from all 4 food groups when I'm first starting out with a new peep -- by watching for those coins and then being able to sell them once I've already found that particular coin.

As far as the item needed to be able to collect the dino bones, I only saw it offered in the Flea Market once and can't remember what it cost, only that I had just started playing and couldn't see spending the money on that instead of on food. Hopefully the developers will incorporate some of these suggestions.
Posted by: Corylea

Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 04/23/13 01:38 AM

Originally Posted By: Simsane
As far as the item needed to be able to collect the dino bones, I only saw it offered in the Flea Market once and can't remember what it cost, only that I had just started playing and couldn't see spending the money on that instead of on food.

I bought the Rockhound Certificate recently, and if I remember correctly, it was 1500 coins.

Some good suggestions here; thanks for making them.

Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 04/23/13 01:47 AM

Originally Posted By: Corylea
As far as the item needed to be able to collect the dino bones, I only saw it offered in the Flea Market once and can't remember what it cost, only that I had just started playing and couldn't see spending the money on that instead of on food.

I bought the Rockhound Certificate recently, and if I remember correctly, it was 1500 coins.

Some good suggestions here; thanks for making them.

I had stopped playing for a while and when I came back, my Flea Market had refreshed. It does have the certificate too now and I must say, 1500 coins is totally ridiculous in my opinion. Just so we can collect? That's crazy!

I know that I am going to absolutely LOVE a LOT of things in this game -- especially compared to the original -- but I sure hope the developers re-think some of these things.

Although, I do want to admit that I really don't care if the women cannot work while carrying around a baby. That used to bother me but I've played all the VV games and the first VF game and am so used to it now that I just don't care about that anymore. If they do decide to change it, fine. If not, that's fine too.
Posted by: spygirl2

Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 04/25/13 05:01 PM

Please alter the Fog if possible so that it is not over the living areas.
Noticed that two blond people don't necessarily have a blond child. In fact, most of my families' children don't look like their parents - different than in VF1. Is this on purpose - because I like to adopt a spouse so that maybe I can get a person with a "head" that I want, but doesn't look like that's the case.
Seems to take longer for people to finish working?

Love the new game! But do not like the Menu screen in the way, and the Decorate screen in the way! Please fix!

Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 04/26/13 04:59 AM

I have a woman with blonde hair and a man with light brown hair, who just had a black-haired child. I think it detracts from the game to have the children not look like the parents; part of the fun of a multi-generation household is seeing various features passed down through the generations. I seem to remember that VF1 did this differently?

I had a person make a meal today, and as soon as he finished making the meal, the OTHER family members sat down and ate it, while HE went "looking for snacks." It seems sort of stupid for them to look for snacks when there's food on the table! I don't know how your AI works, but evidently this character doesn't know that he just made a meal...

Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 04/26/13 07:08 AM

I want to second what Corylea said about having the kids look like the parents. I would rather it be that way too.

Corylea, I think the second part of your statement must be somewhat random cause I know that some of my peeps will do that (look for snacks or Heating up some food) but I have one that will also sit down right after she's finished putting the meal on the table and eat. If LDW can fix that so they Always sit to eat instead of Looking for Snacks or Heating up some food, that would be good though.
Posted by: arnie

Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 04/26/13 08:44 AM

Bear with me on this. I think this is roughly what happens, but it's just a guess. I'm not a programmer, and I could be way off.

Anyway, let's imagine a peep has 100 possible actions. With no "outside" factors in operation, the chances are one in 100 that the peep will carry out a particular action. Let's say a peep (ours or another one) has put a meal on the table. This "outside" factor will increase the likelihood of our peep choosing to eat. Then there's the factor of how empty our peep's belly is. A full bar will decrease the chances and an empty one will increase them. Then again there's "training". If we give them the green hand when sitting down to eat the chances go up, and the opposite if we use the red hand.

The important thing to remember is that I am talking about "chances" that they'll carry out a particular action. There's still a chance that they will decide to do something else instead. As I said, I'm not a programmer, and I don't know what weighting Arthur gives to the various actions and the factors that affect them. It does mean, though, that our peeps can appear delightfully scatter-brained, sometimes stubborn, with what seem to be their random actions.
Posted by: Peterson

Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 04/30/13 03:50 PM

I learned lot of things after reading these posts so i just want to say one thing that its a great guideline for everyone. Thanks for sharing wonderful stuff.
Posted by: swedane

Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 05/09/13 07:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Darien
One thing I'm a little baffled by is that there's no patio furniture available. What's the point in expanding your patio if you don't have anything to put out there for them to enjoy it? A BBQ grill maybe, sure... but nothing to sit down on, unless you wanna throw an old couch or a beanbag chair out there or something.

Originally Posted By: Princess_Atta
I'm baffled by the lack of patio furniture too actually.
So am I... BIG time. shocked Would have loved to see similar patio furniture as in VF-1, including the way they interacted!
Posted by: christina_ne

Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 05/11/13 06:09 AM

1) Is it a glitch that in the store, some items, lets say the standard adult beds are all the same price, $850, but the blue bed is $1350. It is that way with some other items as well. What is the deal with that?

2) I also hate the fact that you cannot turn pieces exactly how you want to. You can turn them in two directions & that is fixed as well, it is not the same direction with all items.

3) I would like to have the ability to move the items that are already affixed to the house. (i.e. desks)

4) The Baby Boost shot should be cheaper than $2500, it used to be like $500 in VF 1. By the time we can afford to get the shot, we have already have to have kids because by the time the parents reach 40, I cannot get them to have a baby. Is 40 the cut off age? In real life, a lot of women have children in their 40's.

5) Why do our little people have to die at 65 or before? In Virtual Villagers, the villagers lived into their 80's and even 90's.

6) The mother cannot work while she is nursing. In real life, a mother can work while she is nursing. The moms in VF work at home. She can cook, do housework, & collect, so why not work?

7) In both VF versions, the mom carries the child forever. Then when the child shows up, it is 3 or 4 years old. Why can't the mom be pregnant for 9 months, then the baby is born & both parents care for it like in real life? A crib could be purchased, and when the child is say 1 & then be able to walk around but still require care while both parents are working at their career & in the house.

cool The children should look like one of the parents like in VF 1.

9) The price to adopt a child is way to high. By the time you make that much, considering you are buying necessities, food, and upgrades, it is hard to afford $4000 if you want to do anything else & keep food in the house.

10) Why do we have to wait for 3 generations to get a washer & dryer? How are the previous generations supposed to do laundry? There is not an option until the 3rd gen to do laundry.

Note: I don't want the game to be easy peasy to play, just be more realistic with life & reasonable, reachable goals or game play.
Posted by: Nora Willow

Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 05/11/13 02:50 PM

christina_ne, about your #7, the mom carries the child until it is two. I have gotten used to the mom carrying around the child since I've played just about all the Villager games.
Also, about the washer and dryer, I like how you are not able to buy everything at once. It restrains you from buying luxury items, so you will pay more attention to your family's needs.
I liked your suggestions and agree they should lower some prices a bit.
I would like to see paint made available in the game. I don't necessarily like all the colors of the walls and carpet.. Also, I think it would be cute for the family to have a small garden. This would help players save money on food; if the garden would allow to harvest vegetables. smile
Posted by: halfadime

Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 05/13/13 02:13 AM

The adult bed is too small. Add a queen or king, please, or just make it larger to begin with. A lot of the items are not sized properly to the size of the rooms or peeps.

A room should be set up for a nursery with items like a crib, changing table, bottle warmer, pottie chair, etc. Your
new baby picture shows a crib and nursery. Please follow through.

And what's up with all the gothic stuff? Are we REALLY into gothic that much or is it the creators?

How about some nightstands for the bedrooms other than those ugly white things? And TABLE LAMPS please!!!!

Big rooms with small furniture... not a good mix.

Why does it take so long for someone to complete their "work" cycle?

I agree with the person who mentioned that there's no patio furniture. How about adding that to the purchase list?

Why am I not advised of game updates?

I know you're working on this and all the other stuff.... I really would rather be an advocate than an obstructionist and
I’ll send more as I run across it if you don't mind.

Oh, and one more thing... there's no way I'll spend REAL dollars on purchasing stuff for this game, so if you want it to succeed I’d suggest you abandon that idea or make it a lot more intriguing.
Posted by: flutterybys

Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 05/13/13 12:19 PM

I have noticed statements by other Players re:items disappearing when they have just "touched them". I understand this to be because when you have recently sold something the game is in "sell mode" I would like to suggest an "are you sure" query which would alleviate this issue. Thanks

Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 05/13/13 07:26 PM

Originally Posted By: flutterybys
I have noticed statements by other Players re:items disappearing when they have just "touched them". I understand this to be because when you have recently sold something the game is in "sell mode" I would like to suggest an "are you sure" query which would alleviate this issue. Thanks

This is a great idea!

Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 05/13/13 09:16 PM

More suggestions.... (sorry I'm such a pain)

How about some chairs for the dining room table? Will the peeps go there to eat, or stick with the kitchen?

I got an email that said someone was coming to visit, but they never showed up. Are guests possible? That would be way cool.

Will there be items available for holidays (ie: decorations, lights, etc)?

Thanks for listening.

Me again.... am I posting on the right place for suggestions, or should I put them elsewhere?

Does anyone know the purpose of the fog and snow? I know the rain brings the bugs. In VV the fog brings out the mushrooms, but what's the purpose here?

If it snows, let it build up and give us a shovel and the opportunity for the kids to build a snowman.

Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 05/13/13 10:16 PM

halfadime, I don't think the snow or the fog have any real significance or action. It is just there for decoration and effect.
I think it would be nice if the weather could effect what collectibles were in the yard, like in the VV games smile

Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 05/14/13 12:05 AM

Every time one of my people has died, it's been snowing. Are they more likely to die in the winter, or does it snow as a way of mourning the passing of that little person?

Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 05/14/13 12:38 AM

Corylea, I think that's only a coincidence. A very sad one at that frown
Posted by: Ladyemberrose

Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 05/14/13 05:51 PM

:)Was so excited when I checked and saw that it was on PC. I don't get to the forums much, but wanted to let you know. (btw, noticed it said you are in Colorado same as I)Though I am already finally starting my 2nd generation tonight, I did notice that once you buy a pet you can't sell it back to the shop. In error during the first family generation...I bought 2 of the same cats. Also miss that part of the shop where you could just return the items like in the first game. Other than that, it is pretty enjoyable. Prices a bit high for some of the needed stuff like the baby boost. Can understand that, as my grands get a bit carried away with too many kids. I think, too, the division of stuff from level one to two should have been a bit better. The decks, for instance should be one and then a needed room. Washer would've been nice from the get go (I still remember the old ringer washer my mom had AND the washboard...lol). Level 2 plants could have been separated to a couple different levels too. All in all, it is so much more fun than the 1st including graphics. Think on the next version you might add a feature of wallpaper, flooring and such? Would be lovely to have that.

reposted as LadyCFII suggested when I pm'd her. I am now on level 4, i think though.
Posted by: flutterybys

Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 05/21/13 12:51 AM

Originally Posted By: flutterybys

This is a great idea!

so unhappy just bought goth bed 50% off and sold the other bed and went to move my new bed into position and gone just like that frown mad and i even new better sick

Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 05/22/13 12:42 AM

I agree with the problem of not being able to return items to the store like in the previous version. Once I buy something I might need to return it in order to make more room for food or something more important. (Someone mentioned a "sell" mode, but I don't think that's available in the PC version. At least I haven't seen it.)

Please, please make table lamps available. Desk lamps are great as are the floor lamps, but neither of these fulfill the need for lighting in the other rooms. Don't YOU have end tables and table lamps in YOUR house?

Furniture items are pretty static and don't require a lot of programming except when you move them around and plan the interaction with the peeps. This shouldn't be too hard for the folks at Last Day of Work as they've already handled much more demanding problems.

In all... GREAT JOB.. LDW... you all ROCK!!

I'm on the sixth generation of my family and it's been a challenge (as it should be), but the game has been very generous in awarding me with extra refunds, etc. to keep me running.

Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 05/22/13 08:45 PM

Some comments/suggestions/questions:
Once you get rid of ants for good, are you still able to get the "stomping ants" trophy? I have five families and 2 of them got rid of the ants and never stomped them first! Do I need to start over in order to get this trophy?
Do bugs come out in snow and fog, or only in rain?
I dislike that the hammock is not usable as in VF1. My peeps will not sleep in it - useless unless I have peeps rest there.
I also would like all items that you buy to be usable, not just for show.
How about a tree house?
While I had the Decorate tab open, I clicked on a piece of furniture to move it, and it disappeared instead!! This happened a few times in different families!
If you can't sell an item out the gate, you can take it to the trash in the kitchen and throw it out for free.
Something weird happened one day - in three of my families, some of my peeps decided to get some sleep. When I looked, the moms were in her bed with one of her kids, and the dad was in the kid's bed!!!

Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 05/22/13 09:37 PM

Can anyone suggest a reason for the fog and snow? I think the fog increases the appearance of collectable items, but I haven't seen that with the snow. And can anyone answer how to return items to the store if you don't want them? This is with the PC program. Thanks smile

Why are the comments not in chronological order? This is so confusing.
Posted by: MissKathyAdministrator

Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 05/23/13 01:11 AM

Hi halfadime. Sorry but you cannot return unwanted items to the store in VF2. Any item in your tool tray (other than the Praising & Scolding gloves) can be given to your peeps or placed in the trash to make room for other items.

I'm not sure what you mean about comments not being in chronological order. Can you help me to understand? You can change certain display settings in the "My Stuff" tab once you're logged onto the forum.

Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 05/23/13 01:58 AM

Hi spygirl2. Here are a couple of answers to some of your questions:

- Once you've gotten the Ant Terminator goal, the ants are gone for good. They won't be back. If you want that trophy in all of your games then yes, you'll need to start over with that particular family.

- Here are some bug tips from Helpful VF2 Windows/Mac Tips & Answers
Click to reveal..
Bugs like it when it's wet outside. Try looking for them when it is raining. There is also an e-mail weather event from the helpful neighbor, and tropical rain is sometimes available in the Flea Market area of the Store. There's also another surprise way to get bugs. smile

- In the case of the disappearing furniture, it sounds like the furniture accidentally sold. and the game gave you coins for it. It sometimes happens when an item has recently sold and the player touches another item. We're looking into it.

- As for sleeping arrangements, in VF2 peeps can sleep in whatever bed they choose. If you don't want adults using the kids beds you can try training them with the red and green gloves.

I hope this helps. smile
Posted by: NekoNinja

Virtual Families 2 Suggestion - 05/25/13 04:09 PM

Hello. I really enjoy playing this game, and I play it on Android. No real problems so far. However, it's taking up an enormous amount of space on my phone.

So my request/suggestion is that you enable the game to be transfered to the SD card. I have plenty of space there.
Thanks smile
Posted by: mappam

Re: Virtual Families 2 Suggestion - 06/01/13 01:28 PM

Love the idea for patio furniture!

If I remember from VF1 you could change the wallpaper (??) Wish we could do that now and the flooring - add carpet or tile etc.

I would LOVE to see some curtains - the first room with the computers has no window coverings - it would be awesome if we could add different curtains (anywhere/everywhere).

I also agree about the washing machine - I really don't like the socks stacked next to the toilet. I bought a drying rack thinking that maybe they would wash the socks in the sink then dry them - nope.

Love the game - have in on my Kindle and PC. PC version I have 4 families ATM and all are still gen 1 so I have a lot to do in future. THANKS!!
Posted by: Livvy

Re: Virtual Families 2 Suggestion - 06/02/13 01:06 AM

Originally Posted By: mappam
Love the idea for patio furniture!

If I remember from VF1 you could change the wallpaper (??) Wish we could do that now and the flooring - add carpet or tile etc.

I would LOVE to see some curtains - the first room with the computers has no window coverings - it would be awesome if we could add different curtains (anywhere/everywhere).

I also agree about the washing machine - I really don't like the socks stacked next to the toilet. I bought a drying rack thinking that maybe they would wash the socks in the sink then dry them - nope.

Love the game - have in on my Kindle and PC. PC version I have 4 families ATM and all are still gen 1 so I have a lot to do in future. THANKS!!

I love all those ideas and agree! Btw, is it available in the kindle store? I had no idea! laugh

Re: Virtual Families 2 Suggestion - 06/02/13 06:16 AM

Quote:

Those are user-created mods, which can be made for VF2 as well. As time goes by no doubt more mods will be produced. If you have any particular requests for mods why not post in the VF2 mod comments and discussion forum? Or even create your own?

Remember this only applies to the Windows/Mac versions; the iOS and Android versions can't be modded.
Posted by: vfam2player

Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 06/02/13 11:33 AM

I have a woman with blonde hair and a man with light brown hair, who just had a black-haired child. I think it detracts from the game to have the children not look like the parents; part of the fun of a multi-generation household is seeing various features passed down through the generations. I seem to remember that VF1 did this differently?

Yes, I agree. I like seeing new faces. But I do know that some people don't. I know some people want genetics. So, if possible, you could make a little button that says genetics on/off. You could use it in the 1st generation only. (It wouldn't make sense otherwise)

Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 06/04/13 03:53 AM

Another thing I would LOVE to see = That the flea market ALWAYS has some kind of fruit, vitimins or hand sanitizer.

I had one family (they are gone and 2nd gen has taken over). They were always weak and unhealthy and NEVER ONCE got a piece of fruit or other items above. I tried everything I could think of to help them out - no luck with organic foods or "happy candy" etc.

Or add multi-vitamin to the MEDS section.

Thanks!

Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 06/05/13 09:02 PM

Love this game more than VF1 - more to do. Would like more interactive furniture/toys/accessories/etc. Thought the carousel would turn, but it doesn't! Wanted hammock to be used as it is in VF 1. My people won't stay on it. Would love to be able to turn on the lamps. Would also love if I could be given a choice when I use the adoption upgrade! Also, how about being able to get twins if I pay double! Would love to be able to buy clothes and keep them in a closet so that I can change their clothes as I like.
Love the sandbox, pool, play kitchen, drums, easel! But don't like that the car just stays there - thought it would move! Love being able to pick up the pets, feed them, and pet them. Love that the moms cuddle their babies.
Please add more furniture, toys, accessories, collectibles to the games as time goes on.
One of my families had six kids, both husband and wife became masters in their occupation, had the dinosaur certificate, and had $40,000 in the bank before the second generation! Was very pleasantly surprised!!! smile

Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 06/14/13 03:33 AM

It's been 8 days since we've heard from LDW on our suggestions/problems. I don't think any of us are asking too much that wouldn't warrant an answer at the very least. I know they're busy and a small company, but they produce such wonderful games and we're all paying and needing answers. I have every game they've produced and love all of them. Perhaps making suggestions for upgrades is too much for them. I wish LDW good luck and a profitable future.
Posted by: XayAdministrator

Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 06/14/13 03:50 AM

We ask that all suggestions are posted in the same thread, and we cannot answer (or promise to use) every suggestion. You can rest assured that we do read every post. We also like to keep the thread simply about suggestions, so when the thread gets reviewed during game development, we don't have to go past dozens of non-suggestion posts.

It may not be apparent from our Web presence, but we are a tiny independent game studio with a handful of people doing all of the work, and this feedback forum is where we look for game suggestions.
Posted by: VV3 girl123

Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 06/20/13 07:58 PM

[quote=Corylea][quote=Simsane] If they do decide to change it, fine. If not, that's fine too.

Actually, if they decide to change it then grin grin grin If not, then.... there can always be a VF4!!!
Posted by: Thandi

Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 06/27/13 07:33 PM

It would be nice if the the people actually used the dining room table

Please could the dining room chairs look better, I am going for a classic style house, and in the middle of it it looks like like I put work room furniture in the dining room.

I would like to see dad and siblings be able to change baby's diaper/ hold the baby

And as someone said, it would be nice to have a cot bed or othed items for the baby. as in real life, it would be more realistic if diapers and baby food were bought from the store.
Posted by: christina_ne

Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 07/01/13 07:00 AM

Originally Posted By: Nora Willow
christina_ne, about your #7, the mom carries the child until it is two. I have gotten used to the mom carrying around the child since I've played just about all the Villager games.
Also, about the washer and dryer, I like how you are not able to buy everything at once. It restrains you from buying luxury items, so you will pay more attention to your family's needs.
I liked your suggestions and agree they should lower some prices a bit.
I would like to see paint made available in the game. I don't necessarily like all the colors of the walls and carpet.. Also, I think it would be cute for the family to have a small garden. This would help players save money on food; if the garden would allow to harvest vegetables. smile

Nora Willow,
I also own & have played all the VV & VF games, I just love them! Thanks for your reply & info about the nursing time.

I like your ideas, especially about having a garden. That is an option that would could really improve the game. You could even have the option to sell your home grown food at the flea market. Along with that option, we could sell items we no longer want.

Your idea about having the option to change the color of the rooms and floors is great too. Having the option to change the color of the room could be done as a task our families can do--like in the original game, when they would fix the fountain, hose, & workshop wall. I really miss having those tasks to complete. This would be a way to bring that back!

In response to the nursing moms, I just meant the time frame for a mom to nurse/care for her child should be shortened to reflect real life. In real life, a mom does not exclusively nurse/care for her child--carrying it the entire time--& then have to wait until it is 2 before she could return to work, especially when her job is in her home.

Great Ideas. Thanks Norma,
Christina

-------

Originally Posted By: spygirl2
Love this game more than VF1 - more to do. Would like more interactive furniture/toys/accessories/etc. Thought the carousel would turn, but it doesn't! Wanted hammock to be used as it is in VF 1. My people won't stay on it. Would love to be able to turn on the lamps. Would also love if I could be given a choice when I use the adoption upgrade! Also, how about being able to get twins if I pay double! Would love to be able to buy clothes and keep them in a closet so that I can change their clothes as I like.
Love the sandbox, pool, play kitchen, drums, easel! But don't like that the car just stays there - thought it would move! Love being able to pick up the pets, feed them, and pet them. Love that the moms cuddle their babies.
Please add more furniture, toys, accessories, collectibles to the games as time goes on.
One of my families had six kids, both husband and wife became masters in their occupation, had the dinosaur certificate, and had $40,000 in the bank before the second generation! Was very pleasantly surprised!!! smile

spygirl2,
You are correct:
1) the carousel does not turn. For an item that is so big, I would think that it would turn.
2) The car does not move. Battery operated cars that kids can actually drive does actually exist. They could have it installed automatically (like career upgrade items) on the walkway. It could drive from one end of the walkway to the other end, then disappear & reappear at the beginning of the walkway, to then start over again.
3) The hammock does not work like it did in VF1. Our family members could rest in it & regain energy or health from being tired or sick like taking a nap on the couch.

It would be nice to have decorative items for the house to put on the fireplace, kitchen hutch, dressers, & walls. I use the stuffed animals & the small fish bowl to decorate the walls & other items since there is currently nothing else to use.

A virtual closet would be awesome. Once we change our family's clothes, that outfit just disappears & you have to repurchase it if you want to use it again--if it does reappear in the store again! Having a virtual closet would be a great addition!

Expanding our collection would be great. At present, whenever someone comes to buy my collection, I will sell mine & start over just to keep it going! There are all these different colored butterflies flying around, maybe we could use them as part of the collection. Flowers would also be another great idea. As the family waters their flowers, new ones could bloom. Another great idea would be to have a twist of Plant tycoon, but just on a way smaller concept--you would have a virtual flower garden where you could breed different flowers in hopes of collecting all the different flowers!

All Good suggestions! I will post this in a separate post in hopes they will see it better!

------

1) the carousel does not turn. For an item that is so big, I would think that it would work with the kids on it.
2) The car does not move. They could have it installed automatically (like career upgrade items) on the walkway. Once a child gets into it, it could drive from one end of the walkway to the other end, then disappear & reappear at the beginning of the walkway, to then start over again.
3) The hammock does not work like it did in VF1. Our family members could rest in it & regain energy or health from being tired or sick like taking a nap on the couch.

4)It would be nice to have decorative items for the house to put on the fireplace, kitchen hutch, dressers, & walls. Right now, I use the stuffed animals & the small fish bowl to decorate the walls & other items since there is currently nothing else to use.

5) A virtual closet would be awesome. Currently, once you change a person's clothes, the outfit they just changed out of disappears & you have to repurchase it if you want to use it again--if it reappears at all! Having a virtual closet would be a great addition!

6) Expanding our collection would be great. At present, whenever someone comes to buy my collection, I will sell mine & start over just to keep it going!
(a) There already are different colored butterflies flying around, maybe we could use them as part of the collection.
(b) Flowers would also be another great idea. After it rains or after the family waters their flowers, new types of flowers could bloom. OR you could have a twist on Plant tycoon, but just on a way smaller concept--you would have a virtual flower garden where you could breed different flowers in hopes of collecting all the different flowers! Your flower garden would show up in the yard as a small square with tiny flowers in it or as a simple menu option within the store & once you click it, it would activate the virtual flower garden.

Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 07/11/13 07:27 PM

I know that the modders are hard at work but I wondered if LDOW had any plans to add more items?

I would love to see something to put on the end tables = lamps or plants etc. The master bedroom looks so empty. And the kids rooms do not have a lot of choices (think uni-sex beds). Also patio "stuff" (as others have talked about).

An easier way to change the wall/floor color/pattern? I tried to change one room and because the room Maps are divided into different sections it is hard to get it all to match.
Posted by: Livvy

Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 07/12/13 01:06 AM

Yeah, I like all of your ideas. I have the iOS version of the game so I can't change wallpaper or anything. I wish you could buy wallpapers and flooring, without mods. I think it would be nice to see some patterned beanbags in the store too. And more bedroom & outside accessories. smile

I think it would be cute for the family to have a small garden. This would help players save money on food; if the garden would allow to harvest vegetables. smile [/quote]

Love this idea!!

I love the ideas for patio furniture, holiday decor, and snow pile up/snowman building. I would also LOVE a garden and a nursery. The mom should be able to work and lay the baby down. I think it would be nice to be able to change the pattern/color of the walls and floors without using a mod. And the people should be able to eat at whatever table you choose, not just the one in the kitchen. What's the point of a dining room if they can't eat there? Thank you smile
Posted by: Magesteff

Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 08/05/13 03:56 PM

While I can understand having a tutorial available for anyone who has not played a LDW game before, or a specific game. However, it would be nice if there was an option to turn it off.

It is just frustrating to go through it for each "new" family, when one already knows the basics such as picking up peeps/lightly selecting them to show what they are doing.

And the second thing, again women cannot be working until the child is two years old. It would be nice to be given the option to pick which parent carried the child and cannot work for the first two years of the child's life.

Thank you!

Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 08/05/13 05:59 PM

Quote:
It is just frustrating to go through it for each "new" family, when one already knows the basics ...

Perhaps, but you do get paid 25 coins for each step of the tutorial completed!
Posted by: mwxyz49

Clothes and Hair Changes. - 08/10/13 12:15 AM

I would like to see, if possible, a development in the game of 'closets', where you can change the peeps' clothing and have more selection, like bathing suits, etc. and where your clothing purchase would go into a 'closet' and be among a collection of clothes the peeps could change into after dragging them to the closet. You could select an outfit and that's what they would change into and the previous one would go into the 'closet'. Also have an added Store feature of a beauty salon where you could change hair do's the way you change clothes. Also, I would like the other players, see interaction between family members and with pets.

Thank you.
Posted by: Karate girl

Re: Suggestions - 08/14/13 05:05 AM

Is it possible to have the pets die off even after one or two families? And possibly room construction for room updates for color changes, especially in the bathrooms?
Posted by: austin2010a

Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 08/28/13 12:43 PM

Are there things about VF1 you wish were in VF2? Here are a few that are on my list:

- Dancing. In VF1 the little peeps would choose to dance or listen to music. Now you have to place them on the radio and sometimes that doesn't work.

- The Pool. In VF1 there was much more to do in the pool and they stayed there longer to play.

- The Hammock. In VF1 they used the hanmock to take long naps and relax. In VF2 they stay on it less than 10 seconds. And they do not choose as an action they have to be placed there.

- Kids Praying. In VF1 the kids would say their prayers before going to bed. I imagine the LDW Creators got a lot of annoying comments about that. But, I loved it and wish they could bring it back. I doubt they can though.

- Family TV Time. In VF2 for me it is hard to get the entire family to sit down and watch TV together even if I purchase a DVD. Even though I have removed all TVs from the house excpet in on room called the TV room, they don't sit down for TV together for more than seconds. I have tried placing the stragglers on the TV but by the time I do that the others are up and off to some other task.

- Patio Furniture. I miss that. VF1 had nice patio furniture and the little peeps would choose to go out and relax there.

- Random Checking House Actions. In VF1 when a kid inherited the house their actions as they were cheking out the house seemed more random and not exactly the same thing every single time.

- Hiding Toys. In VF1 the kids would wrap their toys and hide them under the bed. That was so cute.

This post is not meant to complain but rather to observer some of the things we liked in VF1 that would be nice to have in VF2. Can you think of any others?

smile
Posted by: SparkleGeekGirl

Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 08/29/13 12:02 AM

I've seen a couple people mention things they saw in VF1 that they'd like to see in VF2. But what about ideas that haven't been seen yet?

I agree with those who'd like to see the snow stick for a little while (if only 30 minutes or an hour); but I'd also love to see holiday decor in the store... a Christmas tree and lights; etc. would be fantastic!

Anyone else have ideas? Maybe LDW can come up with something awesome! smile

Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 08/29/13 08:55 AM

Originally Posted By: SparkleGeekGirl
I've seen a couple people mention things they saw in VF1 that they'd like to see in VF2. But what about ideas that haven't been seen yet?

I agree with those who'd like to see the snow stick for a little while (if only 30 minutes or an hour); but I'd also love to see holiday decor in the store... a Christmas tree and lights; etc. would be fantastic!

Anyone else have ideas? Maybe LDW can come up with something awesome! smile

Yes, yes, yes this would be fantastic especially since most of us seem to play this game for months and months and it may turn out to be more than a year for some. It would be nice to have items for the holiday seasons.

Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 08/29/13 09:11 AM

Quote:

I agree. It can be done with mods, though, for the PC versions anyway.

Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 08/29/13 09:49 AM

I couldn't figure out how to do that quote thingy here in the forum but someone above had these suggestions:

Quote:
1) the carousel does not turn. For an item that is so big, I would think that it would turn.

Although visually this looks like a 3D game, I believe most items and rhe home is 2D with 3D effects. If that is the case making the carousel spin would be difficult. But, I too would like to see some action attached to the carousel. How about if we drop a kid on it, in addition to hearing the music the kid does that jumping happy dance that is so cute. That would at least be cute and entertaining and not hard to program since this action is already in the game.

Quote:
2) The car does not move. Battery operated cars that kids can actually drive does actually exist. They could have it installed automatically (like career upgrade items) on the walkway. It could drive from one end of the walkway to the other end, then disappear & reappear at the beginning of the walkway, to then start over again.

OMG! How awesome and cute this would be. This is a great suggestion and it may be able to be done in the 2D format. I think the only issue would be how to get the little person to move with the car. I can see that presenting a challenge.

Quote:

Oh yes, yes, yes so many of us miss how the old hammocks worked. I like being able to purchase it and put it where I want. I just want them to be able to sleep and nap on it the way they did in VF1.

Originally Posted By: mwxyz49
I would like to see, if possible, a development in the game of 'closets', where you can change the peeps' clothing and have more selection, like bathing suits, etc. and where your clothing purchase would go into a 'closet' and be among a collection of clothes the peeps could change into after dragging them to the closet. You could select an outfit and that's what they would change into and the previous one would go into the 'closet'. Also have an added Store feature of a beauty salon where you could change hair do's the way you change clothes. Also, I would like the other players, see interaction between family members and with pets.

Thank you.

Totally awesome ideas and I believe they can be done.

Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 08/30/13 12:41 AM

Ok, I was floord when I read this from Xay....

Quote:
It may not be apparent from our Web presence, but we are a tiny independent game studio with a handful of people doing all of the work, and this feedback forum is where we look for game suggestions.

I hadn't taken any time to read even the about us page since I am only interested in playing the game and having lots of fun with it. Xay's comment gave me pause. So, I took some time to learn a little about LDW. I can tell you it totally blew me away. LDW creates awesome games which makes them appear to be MUCH MUCH LARGER than they are. I thought for sure there were dozens of people behind it. WooHoo way to go!

Ok please know when I post suggestions here...THEY ARE IN NO WAY COMPLAINTS. There is no way I could ever complain about a game that got me so wrapped up in it that I cried real tears when one of my little peeps died of old age.

This is only the second game ever to make me cry and the first one was only because I had spent my life savings over $85K (real money) and nearly lost my (real life) house over it. Won't be doing THAT again.

No Dead Children Please: If one of my litte kids ever dies I will have to delete the game, no matter how much I love playing. I'm just sayin'. Been through that in RL don't want to go through that kind of pain in a game. Suggestion... how about not letting kids die (as long as they are fed, baithed, and attempts at medical care have been given). If they are still really sick we could have an option to send them to the hospital where they can stay until they go to collage or they could even return home from the hospital after being ill... as long as they were not old enough for collage yet. That would be cool. Then just like celebrating promotions, the family could join in celebrating return of family member (or something like that),
Posted by: XayAdministrator

Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 08/30/13 12:53 AM

If you are worried that the children in the house might pass (not enough food in the house, continual illness) you can go to their details page, touch the "Upgrade me" button, and send them off to boarding school. They will remain healthy and whole at school but they will not come home until it is time to choose the next generation.
Posted by: Lisa L

Re: Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 08/30/13 01:05 AM

I have never had a child pass, I think I will be devastated if that happens! Do they come back from boarding school? I have never done it before.
Thanks for the info!!
Posted by: SparkleGeekGirl

Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 08/30/13 01:42 AM

Originally Posted By: christina_ne

1) the carousel does not turn. For an item that is so big, I would think that it would work with the kids on it.
2) The car does not move. They could have it installed automatically (like career upgrade items) on the walkway. Once a child gets into it, it could drive from one end of the walkway to the other end, then disappear & reappear at the beginning of the walkway, to then start over again.

After putting in the pool and the play equipment and watching the kids play on those, I was surprised that they didn't interact with the carousel. I was disappointed because I'd been looking forward to that. Is there any way to do something like that?
(Love the pool, by the way...It's funny watching heads float above the water!)

Originally Posted By: Lisa L
I have never had a child pass, I think I will be devastated if that happens! Do they come back from boarding school? I have never done it before.
Thanks for the info!!

Neither have I, but I have sent them to boarding school. One was because she was continually "Blue" and I could not figure out what was wrong. They don't return until it's time to start the new generation, though.

Re: Clothes and Hair Changes. - 08/30/13 02:10 AM

New Suggestions. I don't think most of these have been mentioned before.

Take Out Coupons - Add Take Out Coupons to FleaMarket. Example: Buy a pizza take out coupon, drop it on an adult, a delivery person shows up at the door with the food. Adult or delivery person puts it on the table for everyone to enjoy. You already have the pizza graphic and you already have cleaning people who show up and ring the doorbell. Just put one in a different uniform. This should be easy. Could be expanded to other take out foods as well.

Teen Actions - Just as there are certain actions only the adults can do maybe there would be certain ones for teens 14 and up. We could buy cellphones and tablets for the teens. They would work very much like the cleaning tools box (can't remember the ingame name of it). It's the box where adults go and pick up cleaning supplies and walk around using them. Well we buy a phone or tablet for and drop it in the house. Teens can later be seen going to the item and picking up the phone or tablet. They go and sit or walk around using it... either way. Same as the cleaing box just different graphics.

Catered Party - Buy this item in the Store. It is very expensive and only available if you have both the maid and gardner and maybe only for gen 10 and up Here is how it works.

1. You buy this item and drop it indoors or out. It is a party table with chairs and food on the table and maybe a few balloons.

2. Triggers all little peeps to come look just as when we place an item. But, this time little peeps hang around. They dance and say yay as in a house upgrade. Maybe they can be dragged to sit and eat as with the food table. (Sitting may require more than one action trigger and I am not sure that is even possible since I can't think of any items that have more than one action trigger.)

3. Here is why you need maid and gardner. When maid comes if this item has been placed indoors, she will view it as a spot and make the same actions to clean it up. It all disappears just as a spot would. If the item has been placed outside, the gardner views it as a weed and makes the same actions to clean it up and it dissappear. OR! Maybe Adults in the family could see it as food and clean it up as they do when they clean up after a meal. Either way the very expensive Catered Pary is one time use and must be purchased again if they want another party. Probably a good idea to list it as One Time Catered Party so people don't come in mass to complain they are missing their party stuff. lol

4. There could even be different Catered Party items available. General Party, Birthday Party, Pool Party and so on. The reason they should be very expensive and only available after gen 10 or so is to allow those who stay with the game a long time to have something to look forward to and something to spend all those saved coins on.

Family Photo Album - Add a family photo album. We could take screen shots of our little people in action and put them in the album. Could even be made to look like a real book and shared with others maybe.

1. Ok this part may be complicated... not sure. But, add a little camera icon to the UI of the game or either inside someplace. Could even be an item we purchase in the appliance store. Ether way when clicked it makes that camera sound and triggers the print screen key to take a screen shot of the game. I don't know rhe code for this but I have seen it in some other HOG games... both where they cheet and have screens already made (which would not work for VF2) and the one where it does actually trigger a real screen shot. This is the code you would need. Either way if you are able to do it here is how the pictures could be used...

1. Easist way... Add a Famly Photo Forum so users can upload the screens. This is kind of a [censored] way to do it but would engage players to see what other families are doing. Most likely you may have something similar to this already.

2. A little harder way... Create an online Photo Gallery. Users must sign up to join. They can uplode their pictures to their designated galleries there or one big fat one either way. You can charge me $2 - $5 bucks to have my family photo gallery online. I would not pay much more. Not a lot of money but if you only get 30% of players to buy it could be good side income for sure. And this is income you don't have to share with affiliates.

- The online Photo Gallery could look just like a book. Do this with a background image. Get a cheep server for less than $10 a month. Dont use the LDW one in case of bad people (dont even want to say the word but you know who I mean).

- Each new signed up user gets their own photo gallery page.

- The upload the image and it is available immediately in the page. I have the code for this and can send it to you. It is not a big deal. I use it all the time.

3. You could make the Family Photo Album available ingame. Not sure how you would share this with others but would be nice to have anyway to look back and cute things from past generations.

Very Fast and Easy One - On the Family View page add Gen 1, Gen 2, Gen 3 and so on by each generation. As it is I am keeping a spread sheet with the numbered Generation and how much money they inherited at each level. Would be nice if this information was ingame.

Comfy Blankets - Available only in the FleaMarket. It breaks my heart with little peeps are feeling sad, bored, scared of the lightening, sad because of new baby and so on. I can't give them the green glove because that would encourage the behavior. I won't use the red one. That would be mean. If I had a blanket I could at least comfort them with that would be great. Using this blanket would work like medicine. They would feel much better.

Another quick one - Clicking the barbecue grill makes smoke. I love that. But, it could also start a barbecue party at the same time. Would be nice.

More actions family can do together - Buy a heart shapped box in the FleaMarket, put on husband or wife... triggers action: Walking together. Same action as listing to sounds of nature but they do it at the same time together.

- Drop a kid on a pet and two things happen. Triggers the same action as Running like a lunitic. I love that one but this time the pet follows along. This action could be "Playing with Pet".

Ok gotta get back to work. Thanks for reading.
Posted by: athena02116

Re: Clothes and Hair Changes. - 08/30/13 06:53 AM

Suggestions:

1. Have unplanned family visits where a group of relatives show up and food depletes to almost zero. Husband/wife hangs their heads after family hoard stomps out of the house. (very real life-like HA)

2. Family celebration & jumping after an adoption

3. Being able to rotate furniture 360 degrees

4. Toys interactive with children (others mentioned it in past postings, so won't go into detail)

5. Most other suggestions I'd like to see have been mentioned by other posters. Would really like to use dining sets, have patio furniture, be able to change flooring, walls, etc.

Very much enjoying this game. Thanks to the creative LDW team!

Re: Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 08/30/13 09:51 AM

Originally Posted By: Xay
If you are worried that the children in the house might pass (not enough food in the house, continual illness) you can go to their details page, touch the "Upgrade me" button, and send them off to boarding school. They will remain healthy and whole at school but they will not come home until it is time to choose the next generation.

Thank you so very much Xay. I first learned that kids could die in another forum when someone mentioned she had a 6 year old die. (The kid was either 3 or 6 I have to check back on that forum, I cant remember). I do remember that I nearly went bat crazy reading that post and have been REALLY scared ever since I learned kids could die.

I did learn about the trick to send them to boarding school there too... but, the problem is now everytime I have a kid who stays weak for any length of time, I ship them off to bording school. I miss so much of their young years. Is there a way to tell if a kid is near death so I could keep them around as long as possible before shipping them off? I hate shipping them off unless it is to absolutely avoid death.

[Note here: I keep about $4,000.00 food in the house for a family of 5, I always use meds if they are sick and keep all peeps fed and baithed. If they continue with illness I get doctor. If I get email saying no infection and I have no fruit, multi vitamins, or anything else that will help them... even sleep with tea drinks... then I ship them off to boarding school because I am afraid they will die.]

Like I said I couldn't take that. Seriously, when I lost Aipad at 62 I cried real tears for a few days. I learned on that other forum that I am not unique in this. Others have gotten just as attached to a little person and cried when they died just as I did.

I haven't gotten that attached to any little peeps since then. But, loosing a kid. Oh wow that would just about end me. Seriously.

I am assuminng you are one of the game developers or you work with them. And I don't know if you realize how very close we players can get to the little peeps. The adults die. Ok I get that. But, is it possible that you could just not allow the children to face death until they are adults?

As a player it would be great if we didn't have that fear hanging over our heads. I suppose there are others like me who just want to play the game for fun. There is nothing fun about a child dying.

When I lost my child at 4 years old, I wanted to end my life. Thank goodness it didn't work. So many other people depend on me. But to relive that experience in a game setting would be too much. I am not sure if you can see what I mean but I just thought I would ask. Thanks again for your reply.

I am not sure if this is the place to post this or not. If not, I know I can trust Xay to move it to the right location. :-)

I just noticed I have posted a LOT of suggestions over the past few days. All those suggestions can be interpreted as complaints. But, I am in NO WAY complaining about this game. This game is simply the best game I have played in years.

Before VF2 I played a new HOG game nearly every day. I don't think there are many HOG/Action games I have not played. I don't like time management games. I don't need more stress in my life.

But, since April 20, 2013 I have played almost exclusively VF2 every single day. I have a VERY short attention span. And I work a lot of hours. (notice I mostly post before dawn) I don't sleep either. But, VF2 has given me so many hours of enjoyment.

I have litterally forced several other family members and friends to buy this game just so we can share screen shots in email. Now they are addicted too. I don't think any of them do the forums and none of them would be as long winded as I have been. Don't worry that will taper off soon. I don't usually have this much time anyway.

But, since I have written so much about new ideas, I wanted to take a moment to compliment you and to thank you all for such a wonderful game. It is relaxing and very engaging. It has taken my mind off many RL issues and gives me an escape. If you never change one thing, I will still buy VF3. I'm just sayin'. :-)

I am not sure if this is the place to post this or not. If not, I know I can trust Xay to move it to the right location. :-)

I just noticed I have posted a LOT of suggestions over the past few days. All those suggestions can be interpreted as complaints. But, I am in NO WAY complaining about this game. This game is simply the best game I have played in years.

Before VF2 I played a new HOG game nearly every day. I don't think there are many HOG/Action games I have not played. I don't like time management games. I don't need more stress in my life.

But, since April 20, 2013 I have played almost exclusively VF2 every single day. I have a VERY short attention span. And I work a lot of hours. (notice I mostly post before dawn) I don't sleep either. But, VF2 has given me so many hours of enjoyment.

I have litterally forced several other family members and friends to buy this game just so we can share screen shots in email. Now they are addicted too. I don't think any of them do the forums and none of them would be as long winded as I have been. Don't worry that will taper off soon. I don't usually have this much time anyway.

But, since I have written so much about new ideas, I wanted to take a moment to compliment you and to thank you all for such a wonderful game. It is relaxing and very engaging. It has taken my mind off many RL issues and gives me an escape. If you never change one thing, I will still buy VF3. I'm just sayin'. :-)
Posted by: Deanne

Re: Virtual Families 2 Suggestion - 08/30/13 02:42 PM

I agree with the suggestions above and it would be great to have different walls and floors to go with the furniture. The patio furniture is another great idea I liked the way it was set up in VF1 they even had a bottle of wine on the patio table. They also stand by the barbacue when eating for some reason ?, surely they would be more comfortable sitting down outside. I have also noticed that the food in the kitchen is always the same meal too surely this could be altered to correspond with time of day.

Re: Virtual Families 2 Suggestion - 08/31/13 07:33 AM

Hi Deanne. smile Ajuma decided to test the Meal Mods from VF1 in VF2 and as stated in this thread, they seem to work pretty good. If you're interested in trying them out yourself you can find the complete listing of VF1 Meal Mods here. Of course mods can only be used in Desktop versions of the game.
Posted by: Boey

Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 09/02/13 12:03 AM

Hi LDW team,
Would it possible for a future update to allow for more than 5 peeps to sit at the dining table at a time for a meal, preferably up to 8 peeps? I usually try to have the max 6 kids every gen, but the family is not able to all sit down together for a merry meal.
Ends up the parents and the eldest child have to slog around the house while the young'uns have a food fight in the kitchen since there's no adult supervision.
(Hmmm...possible new action for kids after eating a meal! :D)

I tried buying another dining table hoping to allow for everyone to eat at the same time, then I realised any additional furniture is decorative. frown

Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 09/02/13 04:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Boey

Would it possible for a future update to allow for more than 5 peeps to sit at the dining table at a time for a meal, preferably up to 8 peeps? I usually try to have the max 6 kids every gen, but the family is not able to all sit down together for a merry meal.
Ends up the parents and the eldest child have to slog around the house while the young'uns have a food fight in the kitchen since there's no adult supervision.
(Hmmm...possible new action for kids after eating a meal! :D)

Outstanding Ideas Boey! I usually have six kids too. It would be great to have the entire family sit together. I especially love the idea of a food fight as new action.

Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 09/04/13 07:53 AM

Not sure if I mentioned this before or not but 11 people on that other forum said they liked this idea so I thought I would repost here just in case:

- If you are going to have night time, then make the lamps inside the house clickable to turn on at night.

nammagreen wrote:
Quote:
when families get down to a low amount of money have them search the couches or chairs cushions for coins or cash(old cheesy curls or whatever other treasures would fit in the furniture).

Neighbor Visits - Neighbors send an email asking if they can drop by for a visit. Click Yes or No. If you click yes, you get visit from (random) type of neighbor.
Type 1 - A neighbor with lots of kids who run through the house and leave trash and spots all over the place.
Type 2 - A great neighbor who comes in sits for a bit and leaves you a nice house warming gift (or has it delivered).
Type 3 - Another bad neighbor who comes over and eats all your food and leaves dirty dishes in the sink. And so on...

You already have a setup that can work for this. Just modify the workers who come to remodel the house a little and save them as neighbors who have the effects mentioned above.

Maids $ Gardners - Now there is a button to fire them or not if you click on them. Add a 3rd button to Give The Day Off. This would send the Maid or Gardner home for the day but they would return tomorrow to do their work as usual. This would come in handy when you want to get some privacy to make a baby or just have a family only evening.

Email Ideas - 09/04/13 09:38 AM

Could we have an email writing contest for emails and alerts that could show up in VF games? We don't really have to have prizes or anything; just a place to show ideas for them. If allowed, I will start off with a few:

(Dear Player)
I notice you peak in on us around this time most days. Just wanted to say we look forward to having you stop by. That's all for now. See you soon. :-)

(Dear Player)
You just missed our precious little Mophead doing something that was so cute. He was dancing and singing in the back yard like a real rock star. Maybe you will get to see him next time he does it. It's so adorable.

(Dear Family Member's Name)
Little Mophead keeps throwing rocks in our yard. I'm afraid he is going to break my new stained glass window for which you will receive a bill for the cost of replacement should the window get broken.

Alert!
Mophead has found a stray kitten and wants to know if he can keep him. Yes/No If yes you have a new pet now.

That's all for now. Anybody else with ideas?

Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 09/04/13 06:09 PM

The maid and gardener only stay for a while, then they disappear again through the portal between the gate and front door that they use when they arrive. They don't seem to work all that late in the evening so there's not really much point to another button, IMO.

Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 09/12/13 08:12 AM

Originally Posted By: arnie
The maid and gardener only stay for a while, then they disappear again through the portal between the gate and front door that they use when they arrive. They don't seem to work all that late in the evening so there's not really much point to another button, IMO.

No problem archie, I was just posting ideas since Xay said the developers actually read this part of the forums. I posted a LOT of ideas... so if that's the only one you don't like in the words of my grandmother, I say "cool-beans"! :-)

I just thought it would be nice to have more control over when they work so if you wanted to get rid of them faster so the little peeps could have some privacy for making babies you could give them the day off. But, it's ok if we have to wait until they finish cleaning and go home.

Each of my familes have millions of coins so it is no problem for me at all. I just fire them and rehire them the next day. :-D

Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 09/12/13 11:01 AM

Actually, the cost of the maid and gardener is set rather too low IMO. For 2000 coins you get a maid and gardener for ever, essentially. In contrast, adopting a child costs 4000 coins. Even if the adoptee is chosen as the inheritor of the house they'll only last about 60 years.

Of course, with millions available the price is really immaterial.
Posted by: Lisa L

Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 09/12/13 07:57 PM

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or not, but I'm on my 22nd generation on my iPhone & I don't even have 10,000 coins at one time. I don't even know how I would get millions!! I can't b on my phone all day, so how do u get your peeps to work that much if your not actively on your device or PC?? Help!!

Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 09/12/13 08:47 PM

Hi Lisa. I'm sure you're not doing anything wrong. You should check out this thread in the VF2 for iOS forum for some ideas. smile
Posted by: Angel Bun

Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 09/14/13 10:12 AM

Wishing for....

CLOSETS!

I would love to be able to keep all the clothing in a closet where I can change my peeps in and out of any clothes I've ever owned. It's kinda frustrating when I see an outfit I really like in the store, and know I probably won't see it again for a couple generations... and then be told that 'you already have this' when I want to change somebody else. Maybe an 'Outfits' tab / button?

Please, please, put the Multivitamins in with the rest of the medicine where it can be bought whenever we need it. I've had two peeps be 'weak' for a long time, simply because I couldn't get my hands on enough fresh fruits or the Multivitamins. Even then, they've needed more than one bottle.

Scrolling inventory space / stackable items. I'd love to be able to stock up on things like fresh fruits, fruit candy and salty candy.

Cheaper starter beds? In the first generation, I often find myself buying a few of the used couches for my peeps to sleep on, simply because I can't afford the beds. Maybe there could be 'used' beds, or cots... or even sleeping bags?

Make the stove recognizable. (Kaiser sees the stove) This way we can actually tell them to turn off the stove if it's on, and perhaps tell them to heat up / cook food for themselves instead of having to spend forever making a family meal. An option to get them to make food for one person would really be useful for those bachelors / bachelorettes who are still looking for a spouse. Or even just when one person gets much hungrier than everybody else faster.

Automatically eating the meal laid out on the table before 'Looking for Snacks' or 'Heating up Food'. It seems kinda silly that my peeps will spend all this time making a meal, get themselves all hungry... and then walk off to grab a snack? *laughs* For that matter, it'd be great if having somebody cooking a meal would prevent everybody else from grabbing snacks... It becomes like a battle trying to fend everybody off from the kitchen while one person is cooking!

I really like the idea of being able to change the walls and floors in a room.

Make the fossil collectables worth a little more. The prices for the bottlecap, botanical and insect collectables seem perfectly reasonable; However for true dinosaur fossils, they're incredibly low.

'Sticky' and 'Non-Sticky' options for the Praising and Scolding hands in the Mac / PC(?) versions. I first discovered this awesome game on my Android phone, and I got used to the easier way that the Praising and Scolding hands worked... I just use it once, and then I'm back to my regular cursor. I rarely Praise or Scold more than one peep at a time, so I'd love to have this option on my Mac version as well. Have it revert once a peep has successfully been Praised or Scolded?

Thanks for reading and considering this, I know it's long. blush

Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 09/18/13 11:11 PM

Great ideas Angel Bun. I just thought of another idea too. Offer the following as choices for personal upgrades:

Piano Lessons - There would be 3 levels of training. Each purchased seperately. On each level they would automatically learn a new tune. They would keep each learned tune and play them randomly when they choose to play the piano or when dropped on it.

Guitar Lessons - Same as above.

Dancing Lessons - This one should be easy because it would just convert to the way the little peeps responded to the radio in VF1. They would find the radio turn it on and dance on their own. It would be nice if they could also listen to music as they did in VF1.

Cooking Classes - This upgrade would change the meal the little person made when he/she made a meal. Anyone who has not taken this class will make the same standard meal. But, anyone who has taken this class will make a new meal. There could be 5 or 6 randomly assigned meals in the upgrade.

So, for example let's say Mom took the class. Now when she makes meals she makes burgers and fries. Everyone else still make the old standard meal. And let's say Dad takes the class as well. Now, Dad makes steak and eggs when he cooks a meal. If the kids are old enough and they take the class, they would each get a different meal assigned to them depending on the next meal assignment in rotation.
Posted by: Angel Bun

Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 09/19/13 01:44 AM

Thanks Austin smile

Your ideas sound pretty cool too. They'd bring some more variety to our peeps' daily lives.

Oh, I also had another thing to add in here... and that is...
Even though I've already bought the Mac version, I would be willing to buy the upgrades offered on my Android version- on my Mac version; the Brokerage Account, the Food Club, the Health Plan, and the Lucky Rock... The prices are reasonable, and it'd help me to help support you guys smile
Posted by: Aviatrix

Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 10/29/13 06:47 PM

My suggestion would be that during a future update, they just change up some of the e-mail to player texts. Not add, just cycle in some new ones and say buh-bye to some old ones, just to keep it fresh.

(sorry, I don't usually cross-post, but it was suggested that I copy this suggestion here}

And I promise that next time I'm at a loss for mod ideas, I'll look here. wink
Posted by: AmberKillian

Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 12/03/13 04:12 AM

It would be nice if we could clear out an entire room (or the whole house) of furniture with a couple clicks while redecorating instead of having to move each piece individually. Moving the pieces individually would still have to be an option of course. Conversely, it would also be great if we could "lock" furniture in place, so we don't move the rug instead of the coffee table. Thanks for the great game!
Posted by: OptiTron

Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 01/18/14 12:42 AM

First off, let me state, this game is WAAAAAY too puerile. AND has bugs. I was thinking after waiting for 2 years, you would have had them all sorted... I have a guy, Dor, who is TRYING to become a Master, already on level 6, in the workshop, but guess what, he may be learning his skills, according to the meter, but he is NOT earning money... And the graph bars in the character windows are out of alignment, do not come to the end, nor line up top to top. This should have been a fast easy fix BEFORE the game came out to the public. Also, it is VERY annoying to always have to move the furniture to look for socks and trash and stains. Every time one does that, all the family members stop what they are doing to watch the controller "rearrange" the stupid furniture... And um, EXCUUUUSE me? But after spending 300 bucks (which are very hard to find) on a couch, ya mean I only get 18 bucks for putting it out curbside for selling?

I played VF1 a few years ago and saw it was a STUPID game. But was truly hoping VF2 would be more like Virtual Villagers with puzzles and conundrums and such, But NOPE, y'all went and put it into boringz-world where all ya do is watch the clock tick and hope for SOME money from STUPID NON-EARNING characters. And the bug hunt? What a waste. Never mind the bones... Seriously, I have to buy a permit? There is no shovel to find nor dog to train to dig up??? Your imagination was WAY too short for such long awaited finalization... Please stop with this series of games and go back to focusing on Villagers and Plants and Fish. WAY more exciting and interactive... what a waste, even if it was only 10 bucks... Basilisk games make better interactive exciting games than this for the same amount...
Posted by: OptiTron

Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 01/27/14 12:35 AM

More of the same. You guys fixing these? Dog dropped in pool never leaves. Second generation, cook, level 5 for 15 years, never earned a cent. Truly? And people do not find your game frustrating??? And I re-iterate, no puzzles? Where were the puzzle developers in this game. EVERY other game had some excitement besides decorating a house with money that is never earned... I used to dread the e-mails that would come thru as you could never trust if they were taking money or giving it. But all you get is your stupid tongue in cheek Fakebook stuff. Seriously, the only things keeping me playing is trying to afford the built in pool, and THAT is only to see how big it is, where it fits and what happens if placed where the collections pop up. Knowing how this game was built, it will interfere.

oh in the addendum, I used the psychiatric help to see if my cook would earn and learn if his dislike of studying was obliterated. THAT was a waste of 1750 hard earned coins. Still nothing earned, nothing learned.
Posted by: thatrandomperson

Stuff to add to vf2 or stuff that you want to chan - 04/08/14 12:33 AM

I have alot of things that I want to change about vf2 but I still like the game. I want to see what other people want to change or add too. One thing I want to change is about the pets, they should do much more than walk around. Our peeps should be able to play with the pet and do more stuff with it. And then the baby, the mother's carry the baby everywhere they go, they should have a crib in the store so the mother can put the baby down. Those are my opinions on what to add on vf2.

Re: Stuff to add to vf2 or stuff that you want to chan - 04/08/14 09:09 AM

Hi thatrandomperson,

You might like to read the Developer feedback forum where there are a couple of threads with suggestions for VF2. You'll see that both your suggestions have already been mentioned and I'm sure that the developers have them in mind already. Whether they'll be able to implement them in a future version or game is another matter. wink
Posted by: Jaynnick

V2 Suggestions - 04/09/14 12:28 AM

What do you want to see in VF3? That is, if they make one.
Posted by: IsolaFlower

Re: V2 Suggestions - 04/14/14 06:01 PM

Honestly, the cost of items to earnings are out of proportion. Who pays 300 dollars for a magazine? It's got to be the super mega edition of Homes and Gardens. I never had much trouble with money in VF1, so I'm not sure what was changed.

I do understand that they were trying to do something different... and I love the concept of being able to furnish the house however I please! But where are the puzzles? Also, TBH I don't care for the design of the peeps as much, though it's very well done. It just seems like the heads are over-sized and. Perhaps it's just because I'm used to the first one smile

As a PC game it's not as fun as the first Virtual Families. Though it holds it's own as a game on your phone, it simply isn't up to par with what I expected from LDW. This game had huge potential, but I think I'll stick to VF1 for now.

Overall it's fun, and while the mechanics are different, I do love this game. I would reccommend it to any of my casual gamer friends, It's just not the first LDW game on my list.
Posted by: mlw1980

Re: Stuff to add to vf2 or stuff that you want to chan - 04/17/14 08:24 PM

Well where do begin so many things I'd love to change well for one thing the prices are too high they need to ease up on the prices!! Another is I'd like to be able to buy items in quantities! Having to go back and forth is just annoying!!! Specially when getting medicines!!!

Bigger tool bar would be nice too.
Posted by: thatrandomperson

Re: Stuff to add to vf2 or stuff that you want to chan - 05/11/14 08:25 PM

i totally agree with you. the prices are high but i think thats because they dont want you to buy out the whole store at one time. it sucks that you can only buy a limited amount of groceries at one time.
Posted by: Cassandra3840

Virtual Families 3/ Ideas - 05/30/14 02:54 PM

Is there going to be a Virtual Families 3? If they do make one. I would like to see a map, where it takes us to other locations to collect stuff like butterflies, seashells, coins, photos, dinosaurs, etc. You click on map it takes you to the beach for seashells, butterflies at a park garden. For coins we would have to have a medal detector. Another, thing I saw on kindle was Virtual Families 1 & updated to Virtual Families 2. Was a collection of Ornaments for Christmas. Also, all the place we visit would add money to the bank. Would love to see plants, we can plant. Like a flower section. Also, paint for walls or kitchen cabinet in wood tone or counters. Would like us to move the stuff that is already in place or change rooms as a new name. Like dining room, change it to game room. Also, would like to see if you were to click on swimming pool, it would give you 3 different choices of pools you would like. Would like to see a Holiday page to for furniture. Also, different color furniture mixed in with other different color furniture, not all in same higher generation. There should be a decor page to for art, etc. I'm not sure, I like the How we have to wait for generation to die off to open new stuff. I think we should have to open it buy money or someway else. smile
Posted by: Vivian Li

Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 06/19/14 06:50 PM

This is definitely a small-scale suggestion, but -
PLEASE can we get a bench or chair for the piano?! As a pianist, the sight of my little people playing piano is great, but standing up? Terrible effects on your piano technique!
Posted by: rukki

Re: Suggestions - 09/27/14 03:10 AM

i think once the last born reaches 19 and leaves a new generation should be chosen with out their parent dying . it like having grandparent parent and kid in the house .

can the teen have a boy/girl friend

and can the teen be able to celebrate sweet 16?
and can the parent celebrate marriage anniversary ? please make work

Posted by: genig1

Suggestions - 10/29/14 02:19 AM

PLEASE I have played one and two so much. I love the VF versions. Some suggestions to build on the great things they do already.
1. Have many more achievements.
2. Easter eggs for us to find.
3. A way to choose a mate from maybe three at a time.

I cant wait for a new VF. Hopefully it will be soon.
Posted by: lorsieab2

Re: Suggestions - 06/14/15 05:42 PM

If I could suggest some improvements, I would add the ability to change the style of the "starter" rooms back to their original style after you've renovated them (like the style the rooms come in by default) , or change the style of the "renovatable" rooms to the styles that are available to the starter rooms, if that makes sense. Of course, you could also add the ability to change the renovatable rooms back to the default style! It doesn't look right for one bathroom to look different from the other one. Maybe you could also add more styles for the rooms!
This is for the ios version btw!

I also agree with the other stuff people have said, like 360 degree rotation of furniture. And also, maybe for future VF's (or even VF2-- you could just download the update through a link below the place where you download VF2) you could also add the ability to update the computer versions through the Internet? It would work somehow like the leaderboards in the early VV's or something, maybe a popup with a link saying "new update-- download now at this link:" So that the ios version and the computer version could be equal. smile
Posted by: thewaif99

Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 04/13/17 08:25 PM

I have noticed that only 3 out of my last 15 couples had a baby 'naturally'. I have had to adopt a baby for all of the other couples so that my lineage didn't end. Needles to say, that isn't cheap. I can't scrape together money for rehabbing the house or getting work upgrades.
Posted by: SarahCraftMiller

Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 06/09/19 10:19 PM

I wish that we could change the name of our people if we don’t care for their given names. It would be ideal if on the family generation viewing screen, we could click inside the box with each person’s name, & change it to a new name. Just sayin’. 😊

Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 06/09/19 11:41 PM

It would be fantastic if you could offer several decorative items that people could place on the tops of tables, dressers, bookshelves, nightstands, etc. For example, some candles, picture frames, a vase with flowers, individual books (like to lay on top of a table as a decorative accent), a serving tray, an alarm clock, a glass(es) & coffee cups, so they can have drinks in the living room & bedrooms & out by the pool, etc.

Also, I love the 4 types of potted plants, but it would be great if there were also 4-6 kinds of potted colored flowers. It would brighten up the outside & inside as well.

Thanks for your consideration! I’m loving this game! <3

Re: VF2 - Small suggestions - 08/12/19 12:03 AM

I wish that the yoga mat & exercise ball were functional, so when you placed your person on top of the mat, they could use it.

Also, I think that chamomile drinks, energy drinks, sleeping pills should be offered at all times near the groceries, so that you could buy as many as you want at a time. I often need to get my people ready for bed but only have one chamomile drink so one person will go to sleep after drinking it, while the rest either jump on the bed if they are young, or make the bed if they are an adult. This way you could offer more specialty items in the flea market, too.

Thanks for listening & for the great game! <3