What is your hope on the next chapter of VV?

Posted by: invalidthirteen

What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 01/21/10 03:30 PM

The next chapter of Virtual Villagers is coming soon, or now we know it as The Tree of Life. Let's share something that you very very hope will be featured in VV4. Now, i want to share mine

- There is a night like in VF, and also a fire. I love fire in the night with the beach wind sound, it is so calming

- Many new features such as new clothes, new things, new stuff, factions etc.

- More challenging puzzle; needs energy, potential or anything other than buying technology

- Beautiful ocean, not just reef, more than that

- Interesting features (example; Pregnant villager has "bloated" belly, mother can swap its baby to the father, etc.)

- Will satisfy me, and all of its player

- Brand new surprises

The most important thing from above list is the latest list, brand new surprises. I love surprises in the game, and i hope many cool things will happen, until it will make me not boring at all even i play the game over and over again.
Posted by: halidog

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 01/21/10 06:36 PM

I'd kinda like to see women gain more experience as a mother according to how much skill the baby has. For example, the baby is born with building skill, the mother gets more parenting skill than her sister, who had a child who had no skill.
Posted by: Rockmower

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 01/21/10 10:25 PM

So do you know something the rest of us don't? I've been an active member of this forum for a couple of years, and follow pretty much everything Arthur says in relation to the VV games. I can't recall seeing anything, anywhere, where Arthur announced that VV4 would be the last chapter in the VV series. If you have a link to such an announcement, please share it with us.
Posted by: QuickStorm

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 01/22/10 01:06 AM

Having been a fan of LDW for years and reading the forums and other gaming blogs, I have never seen where Arthur announced that this is the last chapter of the VV series.

Invalid, please provide us a link or edit your post; this is how rumors start and spread.

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 01/22/10 04:34 AM

no, somebody told me, i didn't hear arthur announce it, but (i forgot who is it, i better check it back). i'm sorry, guys.
Posted by: LadyCFIIAdministrator

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 01/22/10 04:57 AM

No one at LDW has ever stated how many chapters of Virtual Villagers there will be.
Posted by: HappyPlayer

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 01/22/10 10:04 AM

I believe this may be merely a misunderstanding of what the word "latest" means. The latest chapter means that it is the most recent. It doesn't have anything to do with whether there will or won't be another chapter. smile
Posted by: halidog

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 01/22/10 09:38 PM

Thanks everyone for clearing that up for me smile . I thought I had been gone for this speech, and I started checking everything in the announcements forum! I personally am not offended, just glad that this is cleared up laugh .
Posted by: sheri1

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 01/22/10 11:29 PM

SO, where can we talk about the release/game anything about VV4 or we cant? Where will updates be??
Posted by: Silverbeast

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 01/23/10 04:07 AM

Sort of getting back on topic, the things that I would like to see in the new vv are new clothes, events, puzzles, more insight into isola, colectable items, behaviors, and possibly a bigger map (but the normal size is fine). It would be interesting to see all the new buildings and their purposes. Also, has anyone considered that the village does not need an ocean? It could simply have a lake (and maybe a little isola shaped island in the middle of the lake! grin).
Posted by: JudasFm

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 01/23/10 01:27 PM

A bigger map would be cool. Also maybe a working school, where elderly villagers or nursing moms who were masters in their subjects could instruct the kids and give them a little head start.

I'm probably going to get lynched for saying this, but I'd be happy to get rid of all the potions...or at least have it a little more scientific and user-friendly than 'throw it all in the pot and pray it doesn't blow up'.

Or if they're going to do it that way, maybe have a book where Scientists can write down the combinations they've tried (this would make it easier on some of us who spend days at a time away from the game!) Or maybe just a book of herbs with hints (like: Rose: Associated with love and romance). The player wouldn't have to use it if they didn't want to, so you could take pot luck (no pun intended ;)) or try to work it out scientifically...

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 01/23/10 04:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Silverbeast
Also, has anyone considered that the village does not need an ocean? It could simply have a lake (and maybe a little isola shaped island in the middle of the lake! grin).

I don't know, but i think Isola is an island, and if they didn't leave nearby the beach, they must live in the middle of the forest. Whatever, i know we all can't just wait! But for sure, VV4 has waterfall (according to the picture). It might be good if there are ocean, lake with waterfall, ponds etc. I love all aquatic features, anything of it!

Wow, and you are MAYBE KINDA RIGHT, Silverbeast! You give me another "hope" for VV4. Maybe, Isola is not located on an ocean, maybe on a big lake! But, somebody could maybe not agree because of the storyline and plots of VV, but, Isola on a big lake is so cute

Originally Posted By: JudasFm
A bigger map would be cool. Also maybe a working school, where elderly villagers or nursing moms who were masters in their subjects could instruct the kids and give them a little head start.

I am so agree with it. A school, so parents could teach children so they can reach master within age 15 or 17! Like an example, if a master sciencetist, learn parenting skill, he/she can teach children and the children gain researching skill.
Posted by: crimson

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 01/24/10 06:41 PM

Originally Posted By: sheri1
SO, where can we talk about the release/game anything about VV4 or we cant? Where will updates be??

The over anxious folks flooded that thread with 'when is it coming, is it out, why isn't it out, it's stuck at 98%" to such an extent that that topic was locked. Not that I blame them for locking it. Me? I'd rather they take their time, get it right and release it when its ready. And thats all I'm gonna say about that.

Great Job to you guys, we've loved every game you've introduced.

btw, Hi, I'm crimson lol
Posted by: knksmiles

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 01/24/10 06:42 PM

Along the lines of teaching children and parenting, it would be wonderful if "Telling a Story" or "Teaching Children" were just as automatic as "Embracing" if Parenting is the selected skill. That way your villagers could become Masters in Parenting without just running around kissing everyone they see.
Posted by: arnie

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 01/25/10 01:36 AM

Quote:
it would be wonderful if "Telling a Story" or "Teaching Children" were just as automatic as "Embracing" if Parenting is the selected skill.

I really like that idea!
Posted by: chocolatechip

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 01/25/10 01:55 AM

i would like it if people could marry each other in the game. And fat villagers would be funny! If people could be in families and live in their own hut would seem more village like. I just know VV4 is gonna be great!

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 01/25/10 11:37 AM

I'd like some kind of family tree (besides a 'child of' thing that vanishes when the kid's 18). Granted that in VV it's more likely to end up as a family bush, but still...if you could pick one villager and trace their roots right back, that would be good.

On the marriage thing, it would be good if you could also grow your tribe a little by having other members show up (Something along the lines of 'Tapu has heard of Aponi's great beauty and has travelled from his village to wed her. Does Aponi accept?' (Just thinking of ways to avoid a little too much inbreeding ;))
Posted by: cmastro

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 01/25/10 12:33 PM

Personally I don't care about inbreeding... Although I am VERY attached to my little friends - I easily lose track of who is who's son...
Posted by: Mbee

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 01/25/10 04:08 PM

I VERY MUCH like these last idea's a LOT laugh
Quote:
it would be wonderful if "Telling a Story" or "Teaching Children" were just as automatic as "Embracing" if Parenting is the selected skill.

Quote:
i would like it if people could marry each other in the game. And fat villagers would be funny! If people could be in families and live in their own hut would seem more village like.

fat or very thin villagers YAY grin
Quote:
I'd like some kind of family tree
ME TOO! I do this myself in a database for years now ...
Quote:
On the marriage thing, it would be good if you could also grow your tribe a little by having other members show up (Something along the lines of 'Tapu has heard of Aponi's great beauty and has travelled from his village to wed her. Does Aponi accept?' (Just thinking of ways to avoid a little too much inbreeding ;))

GREAT idea! This is a little like in VF. I always imagine (when there's too little guys or women, the girl found someone washed up at the shore or in the woods grin

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 01/27/10 12:20 PM

Originally Posted By: cmastro
Personally I don't care about inbreeding...

Neither do I, to tell you the truth, but monogamous villagers seem to be a popular idea on the VV4 suggestions thread wink
Posted by: angelbonzo

What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 01/29/10 02:34 PM

i also like the idea of marriage for the villagers it would be nice if they had their own little families etc etc i wonder what a marriage ceromony on isola would be like?!

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 01/30/10 03:37 AM

Yeah! Me too, I always throw them in the bath in VV3, but I think it should be a bigger festive thing with flowers and celebrations laugh
Posted by: Jamie001

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 01/31/10 06:38 AM

More interaction between villages. Make it so they won't have babies if parenting isn't clicked. I hate it when I do that by mistake.

Make it so that if parenting isn't clicked, they villagers will bond. Maybe chat, joke, play a game, have a race, join FC....lol

This goes double for kids. Never understood why you couldn't get them to play games together.
Posted by: Luke Gates

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 01/31/10 09:05 AM

I want the option to explore nearby areas , and maybe to build rafts to explore with.

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 02/01/10 03:22 PM

Originally Posted By: angelbonzo
i also like the idea of marriage for the villagers it would be nice if they had their own little families etc etc i wonder what a marriage ceromony on isola would be like?!

Wedding ceremony is good! When i look at my little villager, i will think "Who is this little boy/girl exact siblings?". Family Tree could be nice. And also, Parenting skill are not in "kissing" or "making babies" way. Teaching children or telling a stories are good skill for increasing parenting skills. It would be nice if a villager could only make babies with its spouse. Multiple marriage (polygamy) might be good in VV4, if you want a male villager to have baby with two or three villagers, but they can't make babies with non-spouse villager. Maybe it will be a tradition of Isola!
Posted by: Norm13

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 02/02/10 02:44 AM

I agree with everything thats been said, but I would also like to see things like a pregnant mother being able to do some types of work (research, healing, etc.) like they can in VF, and if the villagers could have a more flexible set of interactions with each other!

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 02/02/10 05:23 AM

Maybe the pregnant mothers can do all the laundry so the other villagers don't have to do it.
Posted by: Rockmower

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 02/02/10 07:38 AM

Originally Posted By: luke gates
Maybe the pregnant mothers can do all the laundry so the other villagers don't have to do it.

That would be one solution, but my favorite would be if they just forgot to do laundry! I know, even virtual villagers need clean clothes, but it sure is aggravating to have to keep dragging them back to collect food or tech points.

Actually, it wouldn't be so bad if the game(s) had some kind of built in timer to where they couldn't start doing laundry until you had at least L2 of all techs.

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 02/02/10 11:37 AM

Quote:
Actually, it wouldn't be so bad if the game(s) had some kind of built in timer to where they couldn't start doing laundry until you had at least L2 of all techs.

VV1 is like that. They don't start doing laundry until the blockage is cleared and the pool is available.
Posted by: knksmiles

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 02/02/10 05:00 PM

Originally Posted By: arnie
Quote:

VV1 is like that. They don't start doing laundry until the blockage is cleared and the pool is available.

No laundry and no GC?!? grin My newest village may never get to clear the blockage! laugh Actually the laundry doesn't bother me once they have the unlimited food supply. I tend to get more frustrated in VV3 with villagers washing, bathing, or getting a drink in the middle of a rain storm. I would love to see a little less of that.
Posted by: Antheia

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 02/04/10 02:26 AM

The return of chiefs would be nice, maybe little families within the tribe... the return of VV3's wonderful medical center. Alot of the things are in VV4's latest preview pictures.
Posted by: GaryTheSnail

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 02/06/10 04:43 AM

i wish for night time and pets and animals to take care of ^_^
Posted by: red-dragomn1

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 02/08/10 01:51 AM

I hope for pet monkeys that help collect collectables and mushrooms without having to move them over the collectable. But that would be better for VV5 if there is one.
Posted by: Norm13

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 02/12/10 08:02 PM

I also hope that they add snow as a weather feature! It would be cool to see the ground get gradually whiter while the villagers flutter about to get out of the cold! smile

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 02/23/10 12:01 PM

Virtual Villagers 4 - The Tree of Life is the latest saga in VV SERIES.
Posted by: QuickStorm

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 02/24/10 09:52 PM

I would like the puzzles to solve themselves and the kiddies grab all the mushrooms and collectables without me having to pick them up and show them where they are! smile
Posted by: VLGRFN

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 02/28/10 06:05 PM

My wish list for VV5 ...

1) Nursery school kids that can actually "improve & learn" skills as they're being taught (or see #5b).

2) Women who can "research" or "teach" while pregnant, thereby becoming "useful" for 2 years.

3) Puzzles that don't take days or weeks to solve - just more of them and creative ones that will benefit the tribe - not just add beauty, or for the sake of having a puzzle.

4) More wind flutes (love them!) - ones that will chime in different tones when there's a collectible somewhere on the map.

5) Kids that can also harvest more than mushrooms - maybe berries (and mushrooms) but nothing else until they're adults.
5a) Kids that will harvest mushrooms automatically, with an "official mushroom counter" so you can see progress. Have mushroom harvesting add to their "farming experience".
5b) Maybe have kids who can "appentice" with a builder or researcher at age 10 or 12 instead of waiting until 14 years old.

6) More ways adults can earn "Parenting" skills, rather than just "babymakers" and "storytellers".

7) Invent a "rogue tribesman or woman" - one who creates trouble, such as stealing food or tools, or undoes progress on something else. Have a way to "contain the threat", such as jail for 8 hours, and a way to "modify their behavior" over time.

The hummingbird and ghost ideas were very creative, as is the crab-catching! :-)
Posted by: meggieprice

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 03/01/10 10:36 AM

Originally Posted By: knksmiles

No laundry and no GC?!? grin My newest village may never get to clear the blockage! laugh Actually the laundry doesn't bother me once they have the unlimited food supply. I tend to get more frustrated in VV3 with villagers washing, bathing, or getting a drink in the middle of a rain storm. I would love to see a little less of that.

No kidding- it drove me crazy when food was such an issue that they would stop doing research or picong fruit etc. to do something else. WOrried about food? DO something about it!
Posted by: cnm

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 03/01/10 10:49 PM

Originally Posted By: VLGRFN
My wish list for VV5 ...
5a) Kids that will harvest mushrooms automatically, with an "official mushroom counter" so you can see progress. Have mushroom harvesting add to their "farming experience".

Yes! When the kid's activity is "Searching for mushrooms" have him able to pick up any he encounters.

Similarly for when he is "Searching for Collectibles" let him collect any he comes across.

Teaching in the nursery school should increase Parenting skill.
Posted by: Mike Brannon

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 03/02/10 12:47 AM

What I would really like to see is the people move a little faster. Some where in between how they move now and a runner.

As for the rest I think the creative department is doing a great job.

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 03/02/10 08:44 PM

They do seem awfully slow. And indeed a great job overall.

I do feel that teaching should surely gain them Parenting skill.
Posted by: frogboy

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 03/03/10 09:05 PM

The pregnant women should at least be able to get collectables!
Posted by: elektra274

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 03/04/10 01:26 PM

I wish the next VV game had a 4th level of research in each category as well as additional collectible categories (maybe they could fish?). I really would like to extend the active game play for a longer time.

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 03/04/10 07:10 PM

I hope it has the same teamwork as in VV4, I absolutely love that!

The puzzles can be a little more challenging, and I also would like the moms being able to at least gather collectables or/and be teachers (other than join the kids in class laugh )

Fishing also with a fishing-rod would be neat

With a boat or raft to another spot in the game

Flowers in the cooking pot (making perfume or dye for hair and/or clothes (I realize this could be tricky to achieve for a gamedevelloper but hey these are my hopes grin )

More dishes for the stews: perhaps a fish-soup, crab-dish with different outcomes in what it does, maybe also add flowers to it?

Also a lot can be done with flowers: decorating the huts, put them in hair, in a chain around neck, etc.

I loved the childrens actions: 'racing', jumping contest, sometimes when you try to duplicate a collectable I loved it a bit less, but still want to see more of that.

How come children can't join in the tub? They sure need to be cleaned behind the ears, or nursing moms?

Hunting? BBQ?

I'm so curious ... but I'm sure this new game will beat the others again, cause that's the story so far
Posted by: Jami

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 03/08/10 01:25 AM

1: What's been said in every single suggestion thread since VV1 came out - LET MOTHERS WORK! At least let them research and heal. None of this "no working for 2 years" stuff.

2: We've got a way to change their clothes, now how about hairstyles? People have been dying, cutting, and bleaching hair for centuries. Henna, lemons, etc have always been around. So why can't we change their hairstyles?

3: New herbalism potion - Youth Formula. So we can keep our favorites around for a long time. Turn them back into children, without any loss of skills. (Imagine, being able to keep a runner around for the entire game.)

4: I'd still like to be able to join all the games together and be able to pick my favorites from each game to start with. And be able to get the Golden Child and have him (or her) actually grow up and become an adult.

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 03/08/10 02:16 AM

I don't want nursing mothers to work. But I would like to see them teach and tell stories.
Posted by: the moddr

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 03/08/10 03:44 AM

more huge projects like the bath and statue.

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 03/08/10 04:51 AM

Swim in the ocean to find collectible shells and unusual (edible) fish.

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 03/09/10 12:17 AM

I'm going to say "let mothers work" until the day I die. And then I'll come back as a ghost and haunt the makers of VV100 and moan "Let mothers work!" in their ears while rattling my chains.

Unless they let mothers work before then.

In the meantime, I would also like to see a way to punish those whom refuse to learn a skill. I get so sick and tired of putting them to a task ten times in a row and having them say "No!" It would be nice to give them a rap on the head - a divine spanking if you will - to let them know you're displeased with them.

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 03/09/10 12:35 AM

I would hate to see mothers 'work'. You think taking care of a baby is a part-time job? Maternity leave is VERY IMPORTANT.

For the loafers: Just add an '-L' to their name so you know they are a loafer and you don't waste any more time on them. Maybe they are crippled or something.

Posted by: Rychus

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 03/13/10 05:17 AM

How do you improve on perfection? The answer is V V Tree of Life. I have all the V V games and I still play the first two partly because the little characters are cuter than the newer ones and even the outfits and hair styles I like better not to mention music tracks (especially the intro song).
Maybe in upcoming VV's old characters and outfits could visit with the new? And maybe even old songs or tracks can be made available. I really miss some of the older stuff.
KUDOS to the team for these V V games!
Posted by: spinnything

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 03/14/10 03:35 AM

I would like a 'go back to previous villager' on the initial selection screen.
Posted by: Rychus

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 03/15/10 01:40 AM

Ooops I need to add another comment or two. Now that I've been playing the new V V Tree of Life for more than a day ... it's so awesome that I'm forgetting all about what I miss from the older ones. The music is even better than the older awesome stuff especially my favorite (the intro song)... the detail and artwork are superior to the old stuff too. Thank You a million times LDW team.
Posted by: Havetia

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 03/15/10 02:29 AM

I do love though that when ever they master 3 skills they're not called esteemed elders. That was sort of annoying having to guess whether or not they were a master of something.
I hope they keep the mausoleum. I really like it. And I also hope they keep being able to choose your starting villagers.
I love the trophies. Pretty much I guess to some it all up I hope they keep all the cool features of VV4 and add on to it in VV5. laugh

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 03/15/10 05:59 AM

Originally Posted By: cnm
I would hate to see mothers 'work'. You think taking care of a baby is a part-time job? Maternity leave is VERY IMPORTANT.

For the loafers: Just add an '-L' to their name so you know they are a loafer and you don't waste any more time on them. Maybe they are crippled or something.

Mom's work IRL without taking two YEARS off. In some cultures if she's healthy enough she's back to work the very next day. There is zero reason that they can't at least do research while caring for the baby.

At the very least cut the time down, but I still think moms should do more then just walk around carrying a baby.

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 03/18/10 11:39 PM

Hm - I can't seem to find the edit button for my above post. Maybe I'm just too out of it today.

Anywa - more reactions to the clothing would be nice. For instance, I had a villager who refused to learn farming no matter how many times I put her there. I finally checked her dislikes, noticed she hates red, and put her in the outfit with the most red in it. I would've liked to see her being angry or depressed rather then happy with her new clothes.

Fits into my wish to be able to punish stubborn ones.
Posted by: Krystal

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 03/18/10 11:41 PM

About the edit button, Jami: The edit time-period is up already. I forget how long it is... a few hours.
Posted by: XayAdministrator

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 03/18/10 11:51 PM

The edit period is 6 hours on most posts. smile
Posted by: mappam

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 04/01/10 07:40 PM

Not in any order:

1) The name of the village displayed on the top of the screen.
For those of us that have multi-villages it would be awesome to see at a glance Which Tribe you are playing.

2) Back Button on the Villagers Choice Area. I hit the wrong button and couldn't go Back to it....Back Button would be Awesome.

3) Nursing mom's can get collectables - just like the kids can.

Thanks - just a couple of thoughts as I was playing - and LOVING it to bits!!
Posted by: laurence

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 04/01/10 09:01 PM

In the forum: Virtual Villagers 4: The Tree of Life » Healers?
Originally Posted By: laurence
I'd like to see, maybe in VV5, the villagers studying the plants at the beginning of the game then mastering their healing skills in the hospital!
wink
Posted by: loisk

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 04/08/10 03:35 AM

Sorry if this is repetitious, but please no fog; the poor villagers can hardly move.

Did feel that some of the clothing just didn't fit the village; some looked to modern.

If there is a falls in the next one it would be fun to have the kids slide down it; might be fun for the adults too. A small falls of course.
Posted by: ILSherry

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 04/08/10 04:30 AM

I think it would be fun if you could control whether or not the villagers 'pick' the berries. I tried playing VV4 with the children collecting the 'food.' It worked great until I turned off the computer. The adult farmed the berries. I had wanted to play without using that as a food source.

Just a suggestion for a great game.

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 04/08/10 09:42 AM

You can do that by not checking any farmers. A few villagers might pick a few berries but they should soon return to their 'proper' job. Obviously, your stock of food would reduce as the kids can't pick mushrooms while the game is off, so you've got to be careful.
Posted by: PSHS28

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 04/09/10 05:59 AM

I just hope VV5 will be a lot better. VV4 has disappointed me in the fact that some puzzles have ultimately NO BENEFIT on the villagers...
I would like to suggest that an improvement would be made on the villager's faces and bodies... i mean, the background looks greeat... the villagers still look cartoonish.
Uhm, i also would like to see more challenging beneficial puzzles that would need a more specific combination of tech levels, just like in the past VV's.
The Lv; 3 techs did not mean much in VV4.
Please put more significance on healers... for example, there could be an occasional storm that would wreck the island, destroy huts and injure villagers... and i hope this would be a regular event.
Posted by: Ruaa

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 04/09/10 08:21 AM

I don't know about you guys, but I find myself stopping my villagers doing things, like "cooling their feet in the stream" or "drinking rain water" and I thought it might actually be nice to have a mental health bar where if an adult villager does not get some fun they might get depression and stop working (coz they seem to work a lot with no rest, a bit unrealistic) and the same thing goes for using the huts to sleep rather than just having them there, and having a sunset and night time, just like in VF.
and I like the idea of fathers doing some parenting not just leaving it to the women... it is supposed to be a progressive society after all!

but so far I do love VV4

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 04/11/10 01:13 AM

I would like some kind of sport that you have to build an arena for, and then you drag some number of villagers to the arena and then the whole tribe will come and watch the sport.
Posted by: Ruaa

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 04/12/10 08:06 AM

maybe Isola can have animals other than birds and fish where the villagers can take care of them and use their products. expand farming a bit.
Posted by: gjkris

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 04/16/10 08:33 PM

I would like to see:

A better way for healers to gain skill than in VV4. I find it practically impossible to get a healer to master level because the villagers almost never get sick. So tryiing to get a scholar or even multiples is next to impossible. (Maybe I am doing something wrong.) In a previous VV I would just keep taking them around to plants to learn but in VV4 that doesn't work well.

Rather than getting rid of the parrots or some other animals I always wanted to tame them and let them become pets for the kids and/or adults.

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 04/16/10 08:36 PM

I like the fog.

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 04/17/10 01:15 PM

VV5 has GOt to have ANIMAls...!!!
jUST LIKE IN the game "wandering willows"...
Maybe wild pigs, birds, pet parrot/chimp???
PLEEEAAASEEE!!!!

P.s. I also like the fog... and NO MORE FROG-RESCUING!!!
Posted by: frogboy

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 04/17/10 04:15 PM

Originally Posted By: PSHS28
I would like to suggest that an improvement would be made on the villager's faces and bodies... the villagers still look cartoonish.
Maybe it's just me, but i like the cartoonish look. grin
Originally Posted By: PSHS28
and NO MORE FROG-RESCUING!!!
I thought the frog rescue was fun! grin

One thing i would LOVE to see is distinguishable night and day (like in VF), So if you are playing at night, it is night in your village also.

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 04/17/10 06:58 PM

Originally Posted By: gjkris
I would like to see:

A better way for healers to gain skill than in VV4. I find it practically impossible to get a healer to master level because the villagers almost never get sick. So tryiing to get a scholar or even multiples is next to impossible.

You mean before getting the hospital? Because once this is build there shouldn't be a problem training healers anymore confused

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 04/19/10 08:33 AM

Yes, I don't have the hospital yet, but I am pretty far along in the game. I think only 10 people have gotten sick the whole time, so not many opportunities to heal anyone. In previous VV games you could keep taking them to the herb plants and they would "study" them and gain knowledge in the area or healing, thereby raising their level. All I have right now are a couple of trainee doctors, but I have 6 villagers currently that are masters in everything but healing. Just not getting there.

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 04/19/10 12:42 PM

I generally go for L3 medicine as one of the first priorities in all the VV games. That way the villagers get to live longer and don't become elderly when they're 50 or 56. I'll generally use a couple of villagers to heal the occasional sick one before I get to L3, but I've never found any need to train up any more until I get to L3.
Posted by: jrosew

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 04/19/10 02:55 PM

I would like the peeps to be not so stupid when it comes to farming. I mean, come on, if you're hungry and you're a builder or a scientist, wouldn't you go pick some big yellow balls and roast them rather than starve to death? Also - what's with some of the dumb ones? Right now I'm focusing on Unagi, who must be the stupidest or laziest peep on earth. I've been trying to get her to harvest blackberries and shake down fruit all morning but she keeps drifting off "unsure of what to do".
Another thing I'd like to see is more real red hair among the women. Most of them seem to have streaks of red, orange, or purple but no true redheads as among the men. I've had fun creating blond, black, brown, and redheaded tribes. Keep up the good work and get us 5 as soon as possible. Love the series.
Posted by: Dandep

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 04/20/10 04:23 AM

I want the name of the village to show when I am in that village. There was enough room in the bottom or the top bar to be able to include it. I have 5 villages running (or on pause) and sometimes I have to stop to remember which village I am in. It can get confusing at times. Would it be simple to add that one helpful feature?

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 04/20/10 12:23 PM

Dandep,

I wouldn't have thought it was difficult myself, but people have been suggesting this in the forums since VV1 without response, so maybe it is harder than it looks. If it is possible, perhaps it could be made clickable, so that you could switch to another slot quicker, without needing to go through the Options menu.

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 04/23/10 12:02 PM

Dear Frogboy,

Frogs in the Philippines (hometown) are really yucky and gross. And I believe it is so in other countries. Imagine if you are rescuing a frog yourself! Ewww... NEVER MIND, that's not my point.

I was browsing the help section of the game and it said that milestones are supposed to BENEFIT the villagers. For me, 50% of the milestones do not give BENEFITS. I'm not sure, but you go check.

And for the cartoonish bodies: It has been a trademark of the VV series. But this feature makes the overall look of the game way way more primitive than those other similar games.

I respect your'e opinion, every1!
Posted by: emri

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 04/27/10 09:52 AM

I would like to see more ornaments in thier hair,like VV 3.Maybe a cafe,where they could eat out.Some of the villagers could work there.That is just a idea i had,probably sounds stupid.

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 04/27/10 11:04 AM

Maybe the Diner Dash series developers and LDW should get together. Perhaps they could open a franchise on Isola - "Isola Dash"? laugh
Posted by: emri

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 04/27/10 01:52 PM

That sounds cool,Arnie.Or are you teasing me?

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 04/27/10 05:11 PM

I wasn't really serious, but perhaps if Arthur reads this he might consider the possibility ....
Posted by: Nora Willow

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 06/07/10 01:14 AM

I think the next Virtual Villagers game they make there should be a tool for keeping the villagers away from an area... like if you want your berry bush to grow... like police tape!
Posted by: VFLover09

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 06/07/10 05:08 PM

Very good idea! Someone should have thought of that before VV2 so the villagers wouldn't hog the coconuts!
Posted by: OptiTron

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 06/15/10 05:30 AM

First off, let me thank LDW for tons of hours of fun! Now, here are some suggestions, take 'em or leave 'em. First off ask ANY mom out there after raising 3 kids past the age of 2 if she is a master or not. I guarantee she probably feels like she should be. This should be incorporated into the game. Heck if the guys and play footsies throughout any and all of their years, women should get their kudos faster than men in the Parenting division. If they progress as fast as researchers do in VV3, then by the time the baby is of walking age, she SHOULD be a Master, at least from the math i have figured from timing all other areas of research/learning speeds.

But my suggestion for VV6 (I heard VV5 is already in the mix)? What about an island chase game. Revisiting old islands via clues and puzzles starting with the newest and working back to VV1 island. What about a one way door to get something left behind on each of the previous islands but to get back to the final island, return doors, holes waterfalls, etc. need to be revealed through complicated puzzles? Hmm... just a suggestion.

OptiTron
Posted by: Charity322

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 06/21/10 02:51 PM

I would really love to see cycles of night and day, with different things to do in each. Like someone standing guard at night or having to fend off wild animals while the others sleep. If they fail maybe they lose food or people get injured. Or maybe some things can only be accomplished at night. And maybe whoever is picked to stay up at night then sleeps during the day.

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 06/21/10 04:06 PM

I agree, night and day in VV5 would be my strongest wish too!

I can only imagine how it would look like: seeing the fire at night with a copple of night-owls gazing into the flames and watching the stars in the purple Isolan sky, smiling down on them ...

Maybe it can be done if the time-line could be changed like for intance in VF, they have night and day too, maybe ask them how to accomplish this supercool feature?

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 06/22/10 11:26 AM

What would be useful was if you could research a collectibles tech that once it was fully researched would make rares appear as often as commons. Would mean that rares were still hard to get at first, but once you'd finished all the puzzles and upgraded everything you wouldn't have to die of boredom waiting for rares. DX

Would also be cool if children 'looking for collectibles' or 'looking for mushrooms' occasionally found them and brought them back by themselves.
Posted by: Simsane

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 06/23/10 02:44 AM

Originally Posted By: Nora Willow
I think the next Virtual Villagers game they make there should be a tool for keeping the villagers away from an area... like if you want your berry bush to grow... like police tape!

lol! I 100% agree! Can't stand that everytime I open my game there's only about 3 berries on the bush, lol!
Posted by: Simsane

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 06/23/10 03:07 AM

Several people stated that they didn't like the Frog Rescuing or the Fog. I found the Frog Rescuing to be extremely easy (have twice accomplished it using only one 14 year old) and I love the Fog because so many of the collectibles show up when it's foggy. I found that each of the puzzles benefits my tribe, even if it's in the future -- such as making soap.

I love the idea of a "Mental Health" meter of some sort though. I too have a tendency to be somewhat of a slave driver, but then I'll start feeling a little guilty and purposely put them in the pool or the ocean to swim, or stick them next to the food bin to eat, but if there was a meter it would be easier to know when one of them really needs a break.

Personally, I really don't want there to be a Day and Night because I so often play in the evening that I either have to "Switch" day and night in the game, or play only during their nighttime and I really didn't like that feature in VF. But in VF, it probably would have seemed too unrealistic if there hadn't been a day and night. With the VV games, I just pretend it happens to be day when I choose to "visit" them. smile

I found that with VV4, it is very, very easy to get Master Parents (both male and female) and wouldn't change anything regarding that. I also found it to be easy to get Master Healers, although it took much longer than it does to get a Master Parent, but again, wouldn't change anything in that regards.

hmmm, what would I want to change? VV4 is basically almost perfect in my opinion.

Oh, I know -- instead of increasing the number of villagers when a collection is completed and/or when you have ALL the collections completed, give some other type of reward. A trophy of some sort. I HATE large villages. In fact, the only puzzle I don't like is the one that requires 20 or more villagers to complete it. If I had my way, my village would never have more than 12 to 15 in it at one time.

And, for anyone that says it's too hard to get a Scholar, well keep reading the different threads to figure out what you're doing differently because it's actually quite easy. Getting an "Elder" in VV2 was much harder, or at least it seemed much harder back when I was playing it.

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 06/25/10 09:54 AM

If there was a day and night I'd want it to run in their time, not ours. So our day would have a few day/night cycles for them.

One thing I'd really like is a family tree page. So you could go in and see everyone who was related to everyone else. Not just the 'son/daughter of' which disappears when they grow up anyway.

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 06/25/10 11:21 AM

This has been discussed several times before.

At the slowest speed setting a year in VV lasts four hours in real time. That means that each VV day would last about 40 seconds, meaning that the screen would have to change from night to day and back about every 20 seconds (assuming a 12-hour day/night cycle). At the faster speeds, the changes would be after every 10 seconds on normal or every 5 seconds on fast. That is clearly impractical. The solution used in VF, meaning that each day/night cycle lasts 3-4 years in the peeps' time is obviously not perfect, but is a good compromise.

We've also discussed the showing of family trees before. The problem is that the program would need far too much memory to store the arrays containing the family trees of so many villagers. It is possible in VF only because there is a limit of eight people in the one family, and only one child will reproduce. Even then, there's a limit of 30 generations; after that before each new generation is started an earlier one has to be deleted.
Posted by: gambitgarrison

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 06/26/10 08:30 PM

Virtual Villagers 5: The Final Chapter

I would like to see the story come to a conclusive and entertaining end in the final installment. The VV Series has been great and is loads of fun, but I think that the folks at Last Day of Work have more up their creative sleeves than just Virtual Villagers. There is a new trend to bend and/or combine game genres that I hope LDOW will explore in their subsequent titles, and to do so with more VV series would kind of ruin the whole VV experience, to my way of thinking.

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 06/26/10 10:31 PM

Originally Posted By: gambitgarrison
Virtual Villagers 5: The Final Chapter

I would like to see the story come to a conclusive and entertaining end in the final installment.

You want VV5 to be the last one? frown shocked
Posted by: Havetia

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 06/27/10 12:18 AM

I actually think it could end the Isola series with VV5 but who's to say they could start a whole new VV series with a whole new storyline. I don't want to see the story completely stopped. But maybe a new story line pulling it in a different direction. But who am I to judge I don't even know where VV5 will take the story. laugh

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 06/28/10 03:11 AM

Originally Posted By: arnie
This has been discussed several times before.

At the slowest speed setting a year in VV lasts four hours in real time. That means that each VV day would last about 40 seconds, meaning that the screen would have to change from night to day and back about every 20 seconds (assuming a 12-hour day/night cycle). At the faster speeds, the changes would be after every 10 seconds on normal or every 5 seconds on fast. That is clearly impractical. The solution used in VF, meaning that each day/night cycle lasts 3-4 years in the peeps' time is obviously not perfect, but is a good compromise.

We've also discussed the showing of family trees before. The problem is that the program would need far too much memory to store the arrays containing the family trees of so many villagers. It is possible in VF only because there is a limit of eight people in the one family, and only one child will reproduce. Even then, there's a limit of 30 generations; after that before each new generation is started an earlier one has to be deleted.

I knew it had been discussed before, must have missed the answers. Well I wouldn't mind if VV had a night/day cycle like VF taking a few years. As you said it's a good compromise.

Thanks for the family tree explanation. I'll change the want to just having the parents visible on a villager until they die rather than until they grow up, so you can identify siblings etc. for longer.

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 06/28/10 12:18 PM

Quote:
I'll change the want to just having the parents visible on a villager until they die rather than until they grow up, so you can identify siblings etc. for longer.

Even then I suspect that would be too much data to store in memory. I'm not a programmer but I imagine the age 18 limit is there for that reason. Maybe it might be possible if the number of villagers were to be cut dramatically, to (say) 50, or their life expectancy were reduced, but both ways would be very unpopular with many gamers.
Posted by: Lurkily

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 06/29/10 04:27 AM

Many more leisure tasks. The variety of tasks, and the villager's preferences are what make this game seem alive to me, and most leisure tasks are simply a matter of the right pre-existing animations in the right place, with the right flavor text. For instance, playing catch with your child. Playing chess or cards with another villager. Work tasks are limited, because the village's needs are limited, but hobbies are always many and varied. There's no reason for the things villagers do for fun, spontaneously, to be as limited as I've seen in the past.

Painting pictures, which when completed, could be carried to a gallery to make room for another picture, without end. (And sculpture, pottery, etc.) Running races, playing catch, the old folks playing chess or checkers or some odd game played with stones or something. (Something for the old folks.) Throwing darts, playing hide-and-go-seek or tag. How about relaxing and drinking tea? After making a clothing hut, maybe needlepoint is an option for the older ladies.

The way the villagers play and relax in their varied ways is, I think, one of the things that makes this series of games really breathe, and I want to see more of that. Not necessarily lazy villagers, but when they DO decide to take some time off, I'd like to see them with more varied hobbies.

And REAL hobbies, rather than staring at clouds, or cooling their feet in the stream, or doing laundry. Things that a man or a woman do to give their life more meaning.

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 06/29/10 06:47 AM

Agreed. smile

BTW, It's nce to see you back Lurkily!

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 06/29/10 06:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Charity322
Would also be cool if children 'looking for collectibles' or 'looking for mushrooms' occasionally found them and brought them back by themselves.

Yeah, but maybe rarely would they find one, because if the children found all the collectables and you found hardly any, it wouldn't feel like an accomplishment. frown

Originally Posted By: VFLover09
It's nce to see you back Lurkily!

*nice
Posted by: Lurkily

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 06/30/10 05:26 AM

Originally Posted By: Charity322
I'd rather this activity were just removed - or if implemented, limited to mushrooms-only. You can make a LOT of tech points gathering stuff this way, if you're diligent. I don't think that'd help the game balance. I think there needs to be a reward for active players, and I also think that's what collections are supposed to be.

It does touch on one of my pet peeves though. People who are doing things that they never do - like kids who are looking for daddy, but never find them. The game knows who their daddy is. One villager can find and meet another, as evidenced by the 'love shack' behavior, and sick villagers who get cured. Have that kid FIND daddy, for once.
It's nce to see you back Lurkily!
*nice
Nice to be back, but alas, not for long. Just poking my nose in a bit. I've got too many other things to keep track of, to be too active again. For one thing, I've been working with the Dev team over at Domain of heroes in laying out the skills update, and that creative content is in the process of being put to code. Fun to watch! If it only didn't take so long . . . but that's life. Death, taxes, and long dev cycles.
Posted by: KayyRox!

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 07/04/10 12:32 AM

I would like it if villagers got to be faster. Maybe normal villagers could go almost as fast as runner villagers and runner villagers go even faster. If you guys disagree and think it's too easy, maybe make a tech point spending for the traits you want it to have like running or something? I LOVE the villager selection thing, it's so awesome, but after like 50 years, most of your original villagers are probably old or dead. What about those that are being born?

But back to my original idea, normal villagers should walk faster than they used to in the previous villagers game and runners go even faster.
Posted by: dansmot

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 07/04/10 02:22 AM

I agree with that. The VV games all have peeps who walk slowly, they're faster in Virtual Families, so why not VV?
Posted by: Zaboo

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 07/04/10 02:54 PM

My suggestion for the next chapter of VV:
1. We can change the Villagers hairstyle.
2. Have day and night

3. Have more puzzle (instead of the current 16).
4. Increase the frquency of island event.
5. Have more tech for us to buy
6. Have more skills for the villagers (Parenting,Farming, Building etc..)
7. Have more items for our collection. 8. When we first start the game,have a population of 7 instead of 6.
laugh

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 07/17/10 05:22 AM

Its been a long time since i never logged in to LDW Forums, and i go to the LDW.com before i log in, and my response is "WOWWWWWW"!!! What a modern one! Thanks to all of the LDW members who try to improvised the website for the fans! We love LDW forever and the love never ends!

And then i proceed to the Previews Page, i saw a wonderful sketch. Oh my god, Virtual Villagers 5? Can LDW tells us more about the game? Is there any OFFICIAL suggestion thread, or suggestion are not needed for this game. I am SO EXCITED, as i am so sure that VV4 is the last, and LDW team wants to take a break for a long time! But they keep working on the next chapter, i am speechless with this. I love you LDW! Thanks for working so hard for us, your game FANATICS!

I hope to get more information from LDW team like when it will be released (date/month/year assumption), more Sneak Peak and of course, more wonderful news about this game!

WE OVE LDW! (hope there is a shirt with I Heart LDW!) laugh
Posted by: CatWoman

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 08/14/10 07:23 PM

I totally agree with Zaboo, especially Day and Night, increased Island Events and MORE PUZZLES!
Posted by: VVFanatic

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 08/14/10 08:56 PM

Yes, I agree with Day and Night ! I think it would be cool if one of the villagers gets sick there could be a sort of "log" in the hospital to keep data of the sick/injured villager. Like it could say there name and the age . and describe the problem, broken arm broken leg, etc. Also it would be cool to have differnt types of weather "hurricanes, tsunamis" that actually occur and actually take place instead of just seeing it in an Island Event.
Posted by: Nora Willow

For the next game... - 08/14/10 09:02 PM

I know VV5 is about 85% finished so maybe in the next game we could have...

- A place where nursing mothers can stay because in the other VV games I find my village rather cluttered with so many moms in the middle nursing.

- Have a puzzle where villagers assemble a tybe of time telling devise... or a sundial?

- A better way for villagers to become healers! I find it tedious to have to keep dragging them to the hospital, or to herbs, to get them to gain skill while no villagers are sick.

- Be able to actually see what the inside of huts look like.

I also wondered (it has been mentioned a fair few times) if villagers could have a pet... since it's the wilderness maybe they could find wolfs.. which after a few generations turn into what modern day dogs are.

Oh and maybe a bit of action too!! I'd love to have the villagers to have defense skills, if they incounter wild things, or the mysterious Biggles!

To the developers and moderators: These are suggestions ONLY, ok? So just look at it and if you say, 'nah' to one of them it won't hurt my feelings grin trying to get you outta that writers block so games can come sooner!!!

Hope you like the suggestions!! smile

Posted by: JackiDance

v v 5 What I'd LIKE to see - 08/24/10 12:21 AM

Are there ever villagers born that LIKE: RUNNING??? Such a boost ..
It would be nice to see some babies born LIKING RUNNING....

Re: v v 5 What I'd LIKE to see - 08/24/10 09:33 AM

Originally Posted By: JackiDance
Are there ever villagers born that LIKE: RUNNING??? Such a boost ..
It would be nice to see some babies born LIKING RUNNING....

There have been in all the earlier versions, plus in VF. I wouldn't think Arthur would take away such a popular feature for VV5.
Posted by: maren808

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 11/03/10 06:20 AM

I think it would be neat if there was a common area for games, like an arena where they could play games. What about doing crafts like pottery or weaving? This could be something the player could do themselves, i.e. do you want to make a bowl or a vase? You could design the pieces. Same goes for the weaving, making clothes or blankets?

Developing paint could be a way for you to personalize your tribe, like as body paint or painting images on cliffs surrounding the village.

One of the things I liked about VV1 was the flower garden and it'd be neat if you could combine VV with plant tycoon and have a garden of flowers you could choose to grow for medicinal purposes or potions.

I also think it would be neat if for a garden you could choose what crops you wanted to plant. Maybe have muliple fields. I liked the orchard of the previous game but there were too few trees.
Posted by: jsweeney

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 01/18/11 05:35 PM

The most frustrating thing about the games are the collections. I get all the puzzles solved and there's nothing left to do but stare at the screen hoping for a missing item to appear. I suggest that in the next game has a mechanism that allows the player to reveal an item that hasn't yet been collected at the cost of tech point and only after all puzzles have been solved.
Posted by: amylynn99

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 01/26/11 09:06 PM

When can we see the virtual villagers 4 and 5 hit the IPad? I am the biggest fan and have played and enjoyed them on my IPad. I'm a stay at home mother of two small children and I have to be mobil, which at this stage in my life it's hard to sit in front of my computer let alone have much room on my MAC for downloading. I've been asking since VV came out with #4. Please consider more Virtual games accessible for the IPad and I guarantee your business will implode and inquire a even bigger fan clientele. By the way, I am trying out the plant tycoon for the IPad and so far I'm addicted, I like the challenge in producing unique seeds and seeing what the plant will look like if I don't kill it first. The only down side is, I find it a bit difficult to earn any money to be able to get the better tools. I'm stll optimistic and I will give you more updates the further I play. Thank you for creating these wonderful games and all the hard work you all put into them. AmyLynn
Posted by: G-force

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 02/03/11 09:30 AM

i have been thinking. i have an idea. can ldw make a sort of personality test that you put in the details of your appearence as well. then at the end of it all it generates a virtual villager that used all the details you put in. like for me his likes would be reading and playing. and he would have blonde hair and blue eyes. if you dont uderstand what im saying then just ask. as im not very good at explaining things smile
Posted by: laurence

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 02/03/11 02:20 PM

I'm not sure, G-force, that it's technically possible. The details : likes/dislikes, the head, bodies etc. are distributed randomly at the moment you have to choose your villagers.
If I understood well confused
Posted by: smjjames

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 02/07/11 05:21 AM

How about getting the potion stuff into VV6? I think that was cool.

Also, since VV6 is going to be over 100, maybe 200+ years since VV1 (the intro to VV4 says many generations have gone by), there could be some kind of technological advancement? And more buildings, definetly more buildings.
Posted by: Cyborg

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 02/07/11 07:43 PM

I know this may sound strange but this thought came to me in a dream. I was online checking the progress of VV4 when I saw it and it was ready to be played. I can't remember the chapter name of the game though. Anyway it started just like any other VV chapter. Something happened that would end up dragging some villagers into some huge adventure. A child found an entrance to a cave that hasn't been investigated yet. Three children four adults and the chief decided they would be the ones to look around inside of it. They go inside first they dont see anything that amazing so they decide to leave. As they make their way out an earthquake happens and destroys the entrance trapping them in. Hoping to find another way out they go furthur back into the cave and find somthing incredible. Another lost city hidden deep in the cave. There were also giant glowing mushrooms and huge crystal clusters. There was a small pool of water with fish swimming in it at the bottom right corner of the screen. I'm guessing it was a food source. At the top left corner of the screen the chief was staring at some wall carvings. When I clicked on him his action said trying to read the wall carvings. At the top right corner of the screen there was a tunnle that was blocked by rocks and large boulders. All of the adults were trying to squeeze through to get in. I can only remember two of the four different collectibles in te game. The two that I remember were crystals and mushrooms. Thats pretty much all I remember from that dream.

I have another idea for the up coming VV chapter. VirtualVillagers The Book of Secrets. In this chapter you must recover the prized possesion of the native inhabitants of ISOLA. A book that has all the secrets of ISOLA writen in it. The book was written by the chief of the first tribe that inhabited the island. The binding of the book has been found but all of it's pages are missing. Choose a group of villagers to recover the missing pages. So I was thinking every puzzle you complete you find one page of the book. On the collection screen you can read the pages you have found so far. But I still have to think of what the pages will say. These are some collectibles I thought of for the next VV. Flowers or blossoms, Crystals, Fossils.

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 02/08/11 04:10 AM

Sounds like your dream was inspired by journey to the center of the earth (pick your incarnation/version of the classic. Fossils would definetly be a cool collectible.

Also, a story that epic seems like it would contain more puzzles than the usual VV game has.

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 02/08/11 06:25 AM

I know I have posted two times already but the truth is I only post when I get an idea not because I want to take up the whole page with my posts. I was thinking that a puzzle in the next VV chapter could be to build a telescope. For this puzzle you will need level three science, level three construction, a master scientist, a master builder they will need to draw some plans on the lab's chalkboard to build it some special rocks that will need to be pollished by the builder to make into the lense for the telescope, a piece of bamboo that will need to be hollowed out by the builder to make in the body of the telescope when all the supplies are ready the builder will take them to the lab where he can assemble it into the telescope while the scientist directs the work. Other builders can help build the telescope but they will need to be an adept builder or higher to help. It will take time to build so it won't be an instant build like other projects. The puzzle name will be of course The Telescope. Your villagers have built an amazing telescope they can now view the stars in the heavens above. This was the really cool part that I thought of when you drop a villager onto the telescope the player will also be able to look through it. To move the telescope to look at more stuff you simpily click and drag just like how you get around the village. You will be able to veiw the stars the moon and sometimes see some shooting stars through the telescope. This is where I got another idea for some trophies. When you wish apon a star: You saw one shooting star. An eye for the sky: you have seen ten shooting stars. A devoted astronomer: You saw fifty shooting stars. You are a lunatic: You saw the moon with the telescope. Also I want to say to smjjames I had that dream about VV4 the same night I saw journey to the of the earth in the movie theater so that may have been why I had that dream.
Posted by: IzzyJ5

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 02/08/11 02:15 PM

What ever the next VV games will be, I'd like to see a better usage of the space provided. New Believers is the only VV game where too much space is wasted, imo. After you tear down the rainbow totum by the hot springs the space is not utilized much. Also, after the Chief is exposed that part of the island is no longer used. The main action is around and about the large statue for most of the game and it gets way too crowded. The lab is good and I also like the lake. The hospital is too small and sometimes I have 20 doctors all in that tiny space. With the other VV games it seems all the space was well used, as in the Lost City. I love all the VV games, but that is my only complaint with NB.

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 02/08/11 07:15 PM

Hmm I guess you are right IzzyJ5 alot of space wasn't really being used by the believers or the heathens. It was mostly around the statue and the lab. The statue was kind of in the way epspecially when I was building huts. The springs were abandoned when the rainbow totem was torn down and the mausoleum was also left alone when it was cleared by the believers. Either more space needs to be added to the game or space needs to be used more wisely. But still VV5 is a great addition to the VV series.

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 02/08/11 07:53 PM

I agree there with the amount of space being used, or rather not enough space since this is the first VV that I remember which was the most cramped as far as building space. While there are a couple of out of the way spots that can be used, there isn't a whole lot of space, whether used or unused.

In fact, VV4 has this huge grassy area that is useable for building.

Also, if you let your villagers do what they want, they might use the springs.

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 02/08/11 10:46 PM

The statue was a big problem for building huts it was always getting in the way. The only places I could put them were in areas where heathens ran wild. I had to use either nursing moms or children to distract the heathens from the firewood for my adults to get some. Even if my adults got to the project with the wood sometimes other heathens or rascals would scare them and they would drop the wood. So hopfully there will be more areas to place huts and no more heathens to mess everything up in VV6.

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 02/09/11 06:54 AM

Ok I have yet another idea for the next VV chapter. VirtualVillagers The Secret Garden. In this chapter the retired chief from VV5 tells your villagers of A magical garden on the island. Overcome with joy your villagers get ready to flock to the garden for a day of fun and games. But then the chief tells them it has been many years since it has been cared for and the garden may be dead. Select a group of villagers to locate, referbish and heal the secret garden. This is how I think the garden should look. In the middle is a large water fountain that has gone dry, statues that have been over taken by vines, flowerbeds full of dead flowers, dead grass areas covered with weeds. In this chapter you will have to build a research table before you will be able to get tech points. With every level of science that you buy you will be able to upgrade the table and eventually turn it into a full lab like in VV5. At level one when it is just a tabe it will only have a few bowls and bottles not very advanced technology. At level two the table will get a little larger and will have more advanced scientific tools on it more bowls more bottles and maybe some shells and other things to be studied. The table will have a bamboo fence around it. Shelves with beakers and bottles will appear inside the fence next to the main table. At level Three it will become a lab like the one in VV5 A chalkboard will appear the table will be covered with the most high-tech science tools on the island. An hourglass a microscope, magnifying glasses, testubes and more. In the back of the lab there will be a hanging skeleton that can be studied by the villagers. The shelves will become huge and will be filled with stacks of books and potion bottles.

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 02/09/11 07:34 AM

Well, since we've gone around the island and to the center (or at least what we think is the center) of the island. Maybe the next one will bring together the various communities somehow?

Of course though, Isola is probably bigger than it seems like, so there are plenty of unexplored areas inland. Or perhaps, underground, caves have been involved in the storyline a few times. Mostly in getting people to one area of the island or another, but the fact that the intro to VV4 says that the expedition took several days lends to the idea that the island is much bigger than we think. So theres plenty of places, like maybe that huge central valley we always see.

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 02/09/11 07:39 AM

You're right about that when you see the picture of ISOLA it looks like a small island but in the game it appears to be huge.
Posted by: sgreen37

Mix Things Up - 02/09/11 08:03 PM

I know this is kind of early, but I wanted to suggest that things be mixed up in VV6. Pretty much what I mean is I would like to see a map that is completely different from any of the other ones. For instance, the past 3 VV games have had a circular research area in or close by the top left corner. Why not make it something besides a circle and maybe put it in the bottom right corner. I would love to see new huts, new burial place, new hospital, new nursery, new food bin; small stuff like that. I know they are petty things, but together they really add to the feel of the game.

We've had the research center in the top left corner for 3 games

We've had the same huts for the past 2 games

Same nursery, clothing hut, hospital, flower hut, burial place, food bin, fire pit as last game.

These are all small things, but I would love to see things changed up in VV6.

LDW did a great job at changing the gameplay up with the heathens. I loved that. They also did a wonderful job at changing up the map. The VV3 and VV4 maps seemed almost identical. This one seemed a little different. More like VV1 or VV2.

Like I said, these are all small things, but they really add to the feel of the game. grin

Re: Mix Things Up - 02/19/11 05:45 AM

I have another idea for VV6. Nursing mothers have a timer that shows how much longer they will nurse the baby for. Why not have them for the age of a villager. What I mean is there will be a timer that will show how much longer it will be until the villager turns old enough to work.

Re: Mix Things Up - 02/19/11 06:03 AM

Originally Posted By: Cyborg
I have another idea for VV6. Nursing mothers have a timer that shows how much longer they will nurse the baby for. Why not have them for the age of a villager. What I mean is there will be a timer that will show how much longer it will be until the villager turns old enough to work.

I don't really see that as being neccesary. When I see a child that is 13, I know they will be coming of age soon. Also one year corresponds to about an hour of gameplay time (on fast) anyways, so logically, they will come of age in not very long.

Re: Mix Things Up - 02/19/11 08:31 PM

True and the timer would just take up space on the detail screen.

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 02/21/11 01:09 AM

I'm sure you devs are reading this thread. Anyways, how about more varied villager 'idle' (that is, non work) actions/activities?

(and less emphasis on laundry, lol!)
Posted by: they8pizza

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 02/25/11 02:23 PM

Originally Posted By: smjjames
Originally Posted By: Cyborg

I don't really see that as being neccesary. When I see a child that is 13, I know they will be coming of age soon. Also one year corresponds to about an hour of gameplay time (on fast) anyways, so logically, they will come of age in not very long.

I actually think that would be a good idea, I've thought of it multiple times, but of course I always forgot about it after a few minutes. My reasons for thinking it good is that for one I play in full screen so I can't see my system clock while playing so I don't know how much longer, for two, it's possible to forget exactly what time each individual villager was "born", for three, sometimes I switch speeds or pause the game which changes/stops the amount of time left so even if the above two weren't an issue already this one would be different. Currently the only way I could see of detirmining exactly how long would be a detailed log of when the villager was "born" and exactly when the game was (un)paused/speed setting changed mixed with some calulations that some people playing couldn't do.

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 03/02/11 07:31 PM

Very good idea. It would enable us to chant "10, 9, 8, 7" Until you can drop them on the research table to research or on a hut to build it.
I really think that having a hair "salon" would be a good idea, just think, no more ugly villagers!
Now for one of my ideas. If you do make a VV6, more powers! More things to build, like the statue in VV3.

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 03/03/11 03:19 AM

I love my villagers no matter what they look like but I would like there to be a way to change hair and hair color.

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 03/06/11 06:09 AM

Ok I have yet another idea for the next VV chapter. In this one we take fish tycoon and VV and mix them together. The villagers find the lagoon that the magic fish live in and it has gone dry. Refill the lagoon and find out what happened to the fish. Thats kind of all I got right now.

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 03/06/11 07:24 AM

Didn't we have a similar puzzle in VV2 or was it VV3?

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 03/06/11 04:57 PM

Originally Posted By: smjjames
Didn't we have a similar puzzle in VV2 or was it VV3?

Click to reveal..
I think you're thinking of VV1, that's where we had the lagoon and there was another puzzle after that were someone could catch a magic fish.

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 03/07/11 04:28 AM

Yea that must have been what I was thinking of.

Anybody know whether the events sometimes foreshadow what will happen in the next one? Other than the biggles stuff which has been around since the start.

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 03/07/11 06:12 AM

Click to reveal..
I think they do sometimes, like I've had events where people get pulled off and then look at the beginning of VV5 when they take the people that start the village there.

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 03/11/11 07:29 PM

In VV5 I completed all the Science and Relic collections, so my max population was 105. I saw my max divine energy was at 915, then I thought
Click to reveal..
"It would sure be nice to have one more power for when you reach 900 divine energy, maybe a special version of grant youth where you can make twins or triplets all young!"

I didn't know if that was a spoiler, but I didn't want to take chances. wink

Tell me what you think! smile
Posted by: GEOvanne

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 04/08/11 11:42 PM

While I enjoy just sitting and watching my villagers, sometimes I wish there was more I could do.

Mabey there could be games to play with the children. The closest I've gotten to this is selecting a child and watching what it does while running around the island and collecting mushrooms and items. I liked in VV2 where clicking the drum will bring all the children to the school and I also like when they start playing tag.

But could there be more interactions? Like giving the children more games and you taking part somehow, and god powers or potions that you make from things the children collected that bring excitement.

I target the children because the adults are too busy keeping up the island to play games with you.
Posted by: seaysick

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 04/25/11 07:01 PM

I was thinking that it would be cool to have a "multi-tribe" game, where you can go to the different areas from the main map. Maybe have a common goal, like finding the missing Golden Child, and each village could have individual goals as well. I think it would be fun to have them all together...

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 04/25/11 07:47 PM

That would definetly be cool, but remember, LDW is a small studio with what, five people?, so something like that might be difficult for them to do. It might even be too much for a casual gamer who only plays an hour at a time.

I still like the idea of bringing all the different villages (even though a number of centuries of ingame universe time have passed since VV1) together in some way or another.

Anyways, what I would like to see is technological advancement, more buildings, maybe even developing an entire city somewhere.

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 04/27/11 12:13 PM

Quote:
what I would like to see is technological advancement, more buildings, maybe even developing an entire city somewhere.

I'm not so sure about cities - they wouldn't be villagers anymore. smile

I'd certainly like the ability to build more huts in particular. In all the VV games the villagers fit up to about 35 into two huts, then get an extra 60-odd into the third hut.
Posted by: Nick Trimble

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 05/07/11 12:28 AM

I always enjoy a good summer vacation the islanders of Isola as well. what are some of your ideas for a new virtual villagers? like my sugguestion is rarity increase lets say i find 1 common relic it boosts my energy by 3, moments later i find a rare relic i turn it in and GET THIS! IT ONLY BOOSTS 3 ENERGY AND FOR IT BEING A RARE RELIC IT SHOULD BOOST BY ATLEST 10 NOT 3 LIKE COMMON RELICS! but thats just 1 of my ideas so reply with your ideas.
Posted by: red3080

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 05/31/11 04:47 AM

i think it would be cool if kids got farming skill when they picked up mushroom
Posted by: Froya

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 06/03/11 04:53 PM

I think VV`s games are a great concept but it has some vacuums towards the end of the games. Its very hard to build up energies in VV5 and it gets uninteresting and tiresome,- I find this issue in all the VV`s in fact, the games are fare too slow in periods. --That the cooking is taken out of VV5 is a great disappointment, it was something fun to do while waiting for point buildups etc. Another thing I can see no point in buying new outfits when they are the same as they already have and also it too expensive, why cant it be some upgrade in outfit style? When the excitement over seeing a new game it over the frustration steps in over all the shortcomings and to see how much better it could be.

PS: Sorry but I am an AM fine artist and a bit pickich.

Posted by: Hugo2424

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 12/17/11 09:53 PM

in the next vv i would like the ability to change tech points into mana or the other way around.

and also more things to do with tech points so maybe instead of out of 3 the upgrades are out of 5
Posted by: theaninimatedgrl

Tech Points - 12/22/11 06:51 AM

I have Virtual Village 2 on my phone and I bought one for my pc. Virtual Families (in comparison) has more things a player can do with their money once all upgrades and items have been purchased. But Virtual Villagers is much more limited with how you can spend the tech points. I would like there to be more to spend tech points on. Right now, I've completed all of the upgrades and there's really nothing to spend them on but outfits in the sewing hut. And that gets boring after awhile.
Posted by: samsam101

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 01/24/12 10:26 PM

I would like to see a VIRTUAL VILLAGERS : WORLD OF WONDERS where all the wonders of the other games are put into one final game to make it the best and also the longest game because I find that some of the games are too short!!

Whoever agrees with me can say !! And maybe LDW will look !!

Thanks
Sammy
Posted by: aliah

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 01/31/12 09:04 PM

I love all the VV and own 1-5 it is always so hard to wait for the next one to come out, but worth the wait in the end.
The challenge in V5 was exciting, and I would like to see something like that in V6 sans religion, masks, and worship/honor.
A kitchen would be nice where we could see them cooking and eating. Also in the clothing hut, a loom would be nice. Would give my little people something else to learn and do. I also like the idea of a tool shed where people go to learn to make tools. After all tools have to come from somewhere.

However, none of this will happen if there isn’t a V6, so I hope that the authors aren’t to burned out on VV as I am longing for V6 to arrive.
Since I found The VV some years ago, I have been in love with them. When my first villager died in V1, I cried my eyes out He was a farmer and fed the whole village, such dedication such pride in what he did. How could I not love him, even in his silly grass skirt.

Well that’s my contribution for now, be back later

Aliah
Posted by: Jen1207

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 03/12/12 07:47 PM

I would like to see the parent skill go up with teaching, and I'd like to be able to create more villagers (as many as I choose), and we just build enough huts to acommodate them. I would also for huts to take far less than one year or more game time! Collectibles should be collected at least after the puzzles are done, as most people are done with the game by then (I just found my 11th fish scale, and I finished all the puzzles two days ago). I also want a family tree so we can aviod the family relations! LOL!

I know, since the game is already out, this won't happen in this one or the next (since that just came out), but I'd love for us to be able to expand the map of the island to either include other characters we've already used, or allow us to just expand the village.
Posted by: wiccavic

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 03/16/12 07:54 PM

I have a suggestion for VV6 - cause I know there will be one - how about alowing interaction between all of the tribes and tribal areas? I have enjoyed playing VV1-5 and would like to be able to interact with the other tribes and travel to other parts of the island.
Posted by: lavaluv27

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 05/25/13 01:50 PM

I want my villager awarded with a new skill name when he/she mastered 4th and 5th skill as well as esteemed elder.For example,such as legendary elder,prestigious elder,majestic elder etc.I

I optionally want to deactivate master parent’s ability to make a baby.This is sometimes annoying when I want to save population or need more villagers on project,for researching and farming.

I need some solutions for villager’s dislikes,especially for who doesn’t like running!I often start over the game if I unfortunately have villager who dislikes to run.To solve this,I have an idea.How about having villager’s island tools to play more efficiently?The name of the tool for it is “magic anklet” that makes who can’t run walk at normal speed,normal villagers become a runner and even slow elders walk as they were young.Available in exchange of high tech points on tech screen or purchasable at clothing hut as grocery,either will be okay.This is absolutely brilliant idea,I think.

I want gender selection before releasing babies.Also want quick birth to babies.Ah,sometimes I want a baby nursed by mother becomes twins and triplets when I instantly need more villagers.

I want to see new fruits on Isola other than berry.

I want more choices.Play in south shore or north,in thick forest or near water for example.

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 08/28/13 06:55 PM

1. I've been saying this for ages, but I want them to bring back the totems from VV2. It'd be nice to mark villagers' accomplishments in some lasting way.

2. More benefit for the Parenting skill. Example: on Fast setting, a parent is nursing for two hours. Maybe make it so that when a baby is born, the game checks the mother's Parenting skill. If she's an Adept parent, then she nurses for ninety minutes and if a Master parent then she just nurses for one hour. The kid would still be the same age when she finished; it would just take less time to get there wink Otherwise, I can't see any point to this skill at all.

3. Even if nursing moms can't work, I'd like them to be able to find collectibles (it makes a sort of sense; they're not busy working, their kid suddenly seems fascinated by something so they investigate...you get the idea ;))

4. The ability to recruit members from other tribes, albeit at a cost of food/tech points (your peeps have to eat something while they're traveling to this other tribe :D)

5. Leaving the parents' icons on children's portraits permanently, instead of scrapping them when the kid turns 18.

6. I'd also like to see the tribal chief brought back.

7. Please no superpowers in the next chapter. A lot of the fun was taken out of VV5 for me, since instead of using my little peeps and some ingenuity to fill lakes, it was done with a couple of clicks. I also didn't like the fact that you HAD to grow your tribe to an insane size; while it makes sense that more people gives you more belief ergo more power, I really don't like playing with a large tribe. 30-40 is plenty for me smile
Posted by: Deanne

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 08/30/13 03:19 PM

I cant wait for VV6 either and I love the idea of additional skills such as a tailor for the clothing hut, a chef for a kitchen, a potters wheel to make crockery etc., I also liked the soap idea in VV4.
Posted by: VV3 girl123

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 09/06/13 06:01 AM

Yeah me too. I like the traveling villagers idea too, just maybe a slight change so a son wouldn't constantly try to get his his mom pregnant...
Posted by: *Moonlyght*

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 09/06/13 06:02 AM

I do agree with JudasFm: it's a shame we don't have the totems anymore!!!!! It was great to have a token to remind your elders.

One thing a liked A LOT both on VV4 and VV5 is the mausoleum. Apart from not being so sad as a graveyard, it was also great to have the peeps to look on. I mean, sometimes you get to know the avatar and not the name, so it was a great idea to go there and actually see the people who died.

Talking about dead peeps, what I also missed on VV5 was the ghosts. I kept playing like forever VV4 just to make the ghosts appear!

And no superpowers on VV6 pleeeeeease!!!!!

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 09/09/13 11:34 PM

I've never seen any ghosts in VV4 (barely remember VV5). I guess I just didn't play it for long enough stretches laugh

I agree though; the mausoleum and little pictures of the peeps is much better than the graveyard. I hope they keep that in future games smile

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 09/21/13 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted By: JudasFm
1. I've been saying this for ages, but I want them to bring back the totems from VV2. It'd be nice to mark villagers' accomplishments in some lasting way.

4. The ability to recruit members from other tribes, albeit at a cost of food/tech points (your peeps have to eat something while they're traveling to this other tribe :D)

5. Leaving the parents' icons on children's portraits permanently, instead of scrapping them when the kid turns 18.

6. I'd also like to see the tribal chief brought back.

7. Please no superpowers in the next chapter. A lot of the fun was taken out of VV5 for me, since instead of using my little peeps and some ingenuity to fill lakes, it was done with a couple of clicks. I also didn't like the fact that you HAD to grow your tribe to an insane size; while it makes sense that more people gives you more belief ergo more power, I really don't like playing with a large tribe. 30-40 is plenty for me smile

I agree.I always feel unlikely to keep on playing for more hours after I solved all puzzles.But what to do if you made hundreds of them and there are no spaces to place?

You may need another village on Isola or other island.Tell me how'd they join your tribe.

I want a family tree for each villager;to know who are the kid's parents,grandparents....,and to know who gave birth to who.

If only the chief had some special abilities as in VV3.

And thank you,JudasFm.I used to think keeping larger population is the best.I had many experiences that required huge toughness having 80-90-100 villagers.I'm now just replaying VV1 and as you advised,I’m attempting to save population.Wow everything is becoming finer! wink

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 10/04/13 12:44 AM

Originally Posted By: lavaluv27
I agree.I always feel unlikely to keep on playing for more hours after I solved all puzzles.But what to do if you made hundreds of them and there are no spaces to place?

I'm not sure that would be an issue. The first - and only - time I played VV2, by the time I solved all the puzzles, I had about 15 totems.

I don't think a villager gets a huge benefit from being made an elder (though I can't remember for sure). Since there's no easy way to improve Building or Healing skill in VV2 as the game progresses, most of us end up racking up the Parenting, Farming and Research skill.

The point is, my little peeps have never become Elders on their own; I've always had to deliberately build those three sets of skills. With that in mind, you could easily control the number of elders on your island.

Quote:

You may need another village on Isola or other island.Tell me how'd they join your tribe.

There are two ways this could happen:

1. A random event, similar to the barrel of babies in other VV games. Something like, "Tapu has heard of Aponi's great beauty and traveled from his tribe to ask for her hand in marriage. Does Aponi accept?"

If Yes, Tapu joins the tribe as a regular member. If No, Tapu wanders off again.

2. A deliberate event instigated by the player. This could be done via an Upgrade Villager menu, and you could choose to send that particular villager for a price (the villager would leave for, say, half an hour and then come back with a stranger) or as an option on the Tech Point menu. Or maybe there could be a pathway that your peeps have to clear as one of the puzzles, and once it's cleared, you could drag and drop an adult peep there and that would bring up a menu ("Does Tapu want to recruit a new member from another tribe? Cost: 1000 food/5000 tech points")

You wouldn't actually visit or see the other village; it would just be a way of gaining more population. There could be a timer set on it or something to prevent people overusing it.

I know in the past there have been people getting stuck with only female villagers, or having only one villager left. This would be a handy way around that.

Quote:
I want a family tree for each villager;to know who are the kid's parents,grandparents....,and to know who gave birth to who.

Given the rather intricate relationships in the VV games, I think this would end up as more of a family bush laugh I use a system of honorifics that I developed for my peeps, so I can tell at a glance who's related to who, right down to parents, grandparents, great-grandparents, siblings and half-siblings. Works beautifully and I don't even have to click out of the game to look it up wink That said, it'd still be nice to keep pictures of the parents...

Quote:
If only the chief had some special abilities as in VV3.

Yes, I agree; I wouldn't want a chief that just sat around doing nothing wink

Quote:
And thank you,JudasFm.I used to think keeping larger population is the best.I had many experiences that required huge toughness having 80-90-100 villagers.I'm now just replaying VV1 and as you advised,I’m attempting to save population.Wow everything is becoming finer! wink

No worries wink It's a very personal choice, but I like smaller tribes since it's easier to keep track of people. And I feel more like my little peeps are individual villagers, as opposed to yet another scientist or farmer laugh

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 10/04/13 04:44 PM

Quote:
Given the rather intricate relationships in the VV games, I think this would end up as more of a family bush laugh I use a system of honorifics that I developed for my peeps, so I can tell at a glance who's related to who, right down to parents, grandparents, great-grandparents, siblings and half-siblings. Works beautifully and I don't even have to click out of the game to look it up wink That said, it'd still be nice to keep pictures of the parents...

You are so methodical!

PS Lol,family BUSH. smile

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 10/04/13 05:28 PM

# I want photo for every dead in mausoleum.I often forget who this dead is and can’t remember what he/she was like. laugh

# If I collected many collectables of a same kind,then I want to use it as a tool.For example,if I collected 100 flasks the villager of my choice can own it.Having a flask makes the villager to get more tech points when researcing at lab. cool

# I think it’s wonderful if there are 4 seasons on Isola.Changes every 48 or 72 hours for example.No necessity for those seasons to be exactly same as our world but I think it may be very refreshing if there are some visual changes according to the season. cool

My suggestion;

Spring
*In addition to the usual herbs,some herbs peculiar to this season grow.(Only while in spring.)

*Villagers can work more efficiently because of the mild climate.

Summer
*Scince it’s rainy season,the water of the ocean increases so more fish can be caught.

*Being hot and humid,the villagers drink water more often and frequently take some rests.

Autumn
*The season of harvest.You find extra crops on the berry tree or in the field.But the appetite decreases the food stocks of the food bin at faster speed.

*Leaves turn red and they fall.You have to sweep up the fallen leaves sometimes.

*School begins.If you built a nursing school already,a child born at this time will be born with little skill.

Winter
*Trees wither.

*Easy to catch a cold and to feel sick.Time to heal someone more often.

*Temperature is low so the water of ocean or lake is very cold.And the point for a fish will be lower.However, the foods you gathered are kept at appropriate temperature like in fridge,you will lose your foods very slowly.

*Frosts on the ground but villagers walk a little bit faster because it’s slippery.

# I think it’s good that the villagers will be ranked as players progress the game.It is like we have titles as forum users.I want the actions taken by their own will to include more meanings to the villagers.Telling a story,praising,arguing,complaining…etc.,those deeds should be accumulated as experience value points. smile

# I want a home for the aged.Compared with ordinary villagers,there are really few jobs for slow-moving old people to contribute to the village.I do not like that the elderly people wander meaninglessly.I want them to stay at one place as much as possible.However,for the people who shared pleasures and pains together for dozens of hours,the place should not be where to wait their death merely. They still have small jobs.The elderly basically spend the rest of their life just sitting on the chairs of the saloon talking old stories happily with other people. The young villagers and the kids are occasionally called by the elderly,and if you are lucky the wisdom of Isola will be given.Sometimes you may be asked to bring the drinking water,foods and some stews. smile

# I would like to create an avatar that resembles myself and to participate in the game! smile smile laugh

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 10/14/13 06:01 PM

Quote:
There are two ways this could happen:

1. A random event, similar to the barrel of babies in other VV games. Something like, "Tapu has heard of Aponi's great beauty and traveled from his tribe to ask for her hand in marriage. Does Aponi accept?"

If Yes, Tapu joins the tribe as a regular member. If No, Tapu wanders off again.
I think this is very good idea. wink Taking my own experience from VV3,an event brought one adult villager regardless of my Yes or No.But actually I didn't need him.I also want all random events should be such concrete and more special,not only just mokeys left/picked up some foods,somebody got sick,,,whatever. tired

Quote:
2. A deliberate event instigated by the player. This could be done via an Upgrade Villager menu, and you could choose to send that particular villager for a price (the villager would leave for, say, half an hour and then come back with a stranger) or as an option on the Tech Point menu.
I'm very interested in your word Upgrade Villager menu.If this was added to one of the upgrades permanently,definitely would be a good solution in case that your villagers now that became small cluster of all female/male as you once got stuck. grin

Quote:
Or maybe there could be a pathway that your peeps have to clear as one of the puzzles, and once it's cleared, you could drag and drop an adult peep there and that would bring up a menu ("Does Tapu want to recruit a new member from another tribe? Cost: 1000 food/5000 tech points")

You wouldn't actually visit or see the other village; it would just be a way of gaining more population. There could be a timer set on it or something to prevent people overusing it.
Sounds really splendid and I like that way.Temporary employment-this means visual freshness to me to see new people and quite good instant support. smile
Posted by: kimmar

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 12/27/13 06:12 AM

I'd like the game to actually run in real-time. For every minute I'm playing the game I'd like an actual minute of game time. It's very annoying to have to turn the game off so that women with babes in arms can get the game clock to the point where they can go back to work.
Posted by: XayAdministrator

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 01/02/14 06:20 AM

It would take literally 2 years for a baby to reach "toddling" age if it was a minute of real time to a minute of game time, as you suggest. 4 hours real time is approximately a year in the life of an adult, with a baby reaching 2 years old in 4 hours (baby time was sped up a bit smile ).
Posted by: Hugo2424

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 04/11/14 10:36 AM

I would like to see a larger map and a much higher population max.
Posted by: mlw1980

Any chance of ZOOMING could be added - 04/30/14 10:13 PM

I just started playing this game yesterday on my IPod and just love it only thing is you can't ZOOM in, I also have a tablet that I play on only it andriod I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants this am I?
Posted by: VF_Life

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 02/06/15 10:22 PM

Could you make the Heathen Mommy available again on VV5
Like for these requirements
Make a special day to buy it and you get the puzzle along with buying it.
Make a special version for some more money like 14.95 for example
Make a free day including the puzzle
Make it available to all LDW purchasers who PM you or send you an email.
And if you do this could you also do this on iPhone and iPad.
Posted by: VF_Life

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 02/08/15 11:40 PM

Please
Posted by: meynaf

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 02/19/15 10:53 AM

It is impossible for software developers to say "yes" to everything, the whole program would become a mess (this is called "feature creep").

However, a few suggestions don't hurt. Here's my list, should a VV6 come out :
- an ability to slap the little rascal if there is one like vv5
- special divine powers like vv5 but not directly linked to the population level, for those who prefer small villages (or at least a way to rejuvenate villagers, a must have for me)
- a way to import a handful villagers from previous games (even if they lose their skills) - i can't live without my Unagi cry
- a menu option to use right mouse button for moving the view (this would prevent unwanted villager hits)
- a confirmation when a large enough amount of time has elapsed between two game runs, so you don't find your whole tribe dead when returning if you forgot to put the game to pause
- integrate previous games as mods in the new one (that one's way more difficult :D)
- more character names and faces
Posted by: ChaoticMoira

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 02/09/16 01:01 AM

I have looked around the forum to find anything I can on this, but I haven't found it. I guess this is a good a place as any to ask.

I am wondering if VV has been scrapped entirely? I keep up on LDW games, and enjoy them, but honestly, VF and even the new VT is only "okay" when compared to VV; although I do love the new 3d graphics in VT.

I know that it is a small company, and they have to focus on what sells and such. I am just surprised that VF is more popular than VV I guess. For me, VV is King!

Anyway, my hope, is that a part 6 gets made. I eagerly looked forward to every release of the former VV games. But it has been years; I miss them. If this game is no longer going to be continued, and they already announced it, please let me know. I did google and search tons to try and find that info.
Posted by: Hydra14

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 06/03/16 07:17 PM

Originally Posted By: ChaoticMoira
I have looked around the forum to find anything I can on this, but I haven't found it. I guess this is a good a place as any to ask.

I am wondering if VV has been scrapped entirely? I keep up on LDW games, and enjoy them, but honestly, VF and even the new VT is only "okay" when compared to VV; although I do love the new 3d graphics in VT.

I know that it is a small company, and they have to focus on what sells and such. I am just surprised that VF is more popular than VV I guess. For me, VV is King!

Anyway, my hope, is that a part 6 gets made. I eagerly looked forward to every release of the former VV games. But it has been years; I miss them. If this game is no longer going to be continued, and they already announced it, please let me know. I did google and search tons to try and find that info.

I strongly beleive it will be made
https://twitter.com/LastDayOfWork/status/613288555192954880
This is only confirmation we got though.

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 06/07/16 10:48 AM

Originally Posted By: Hydra14
I strongly beleive it will be made
https://twitter.com/LastDayOfWork/status/613288555192954880
This is only confirmation we got though.

Well, at least he didn't say a flat out "NO!" But frankly, ChaoticMoira, your guess is as good as any of ours on that score.

Come on, LDW. People have been waiting for the official stance on this for years. We're not going to hold you down to a release date, but how long does it really take anyone to make a sticky entitled "Will there be a VV6?" and post an answer in that sticky?

I appreciate you can't create stickies for every question, but this one has been asked so much and so often and so repeatedly that it seems like it would be worth it.

If you have to take time away from working on VF3 to create this sticky and therefore delay the final release date by, ooh, the ten minutes or so it would take to create the aforementioned sticky, I'm sure we'll survive it wink
Posted by: NickCamo

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 09/25/16 01:55 AM

This is my Idea

-[/b] The map is combine with VV 1-5 it will make the map really big.
- When a parent is pregnant the women have a big belly, Labor of pregnant women
- They can able to make building structure
- they can make Stores
- they can have electricity
-[b]
they can able to make transportation to the next island map...

this is really awesome.........
Posted by: GeminiSparkSP

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 11/05/16 04:54 AM

I'm just gonna share my thoughts and ideas VV games here.

What I like about the VV series that isn't present in the VF series is the theme of reaching an ultimate goal in each game. Whether it's reassembling a gong or healing a tree, every game has an ultimate objective to accomplish, and along with that main objective are other goals that make your civilization grow.

Now, this series isn't without its faults. In my opinion, VV5 is by far the weakest entry in the series. I say so because of the side goals. In other VV games, the side goals are varied, such as repairing a construction, discovering something, etc. VV5's side goals can mostly be summed up as "destroy totem X". This takes out the feeling of growth that are present in the previous games. I also find VV5's environment rather dull, especially for a late entry.

Now onto my favorite entry in the series, VV3. I love this one so much. You have discovery, sense of growth, new mechanics, lore, and a very vibrant environment. If there's anything I have to be sore about, it's the usage of the word "faction" for a tribe sim game. Another point of contention is the rather underwhelming "faction" system. More of this on the next paragraph.

Onto the "faction" system. It feels like a missed opportunity. It's just a way of saying which perk you get from the start. I feel it should tell which approach you take most to solving problems and reward you for taking that approach. This opens up an opportunity for multiple solutions for solving a problem. For instance, you can either water crops and wait for a bountiful harvest, or use the chief's magic to instantly generate crops, only you get less.

Now my ideas for future VV games. You've run out of sections to inhabit. You've done south, west, north, east, and center. However, there are two directions you haven't considered yet: down and up. For these next ideas, I'm taking a lot of inspiration from a forum post.

For down, I'd imagine something like an underground city. Maybe the villagers found a way further down the crypt, and settled there. This may not be my most developed idea, but it's only because of my next idea.

For up, I'd imagine a village near the volcano's crater. Again, the villagers could've found a way up and settled there. This is where the ultimate goal lies: stopping the volcano from erupting. This is also a good opportunity to implement the two approaches I mentioned earlier. Either use the natural way and somehow clog the crater, or use the magical way and sacrifice something to quell the volcano.

All in all, I just want the VV series to grow further. Thanks for reading and considering my ideas.
Posted by: _Ashley_

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 03/15/17 01:00 AM

I would love to see Virtual Villagers 3: Secret City and Virtual Villagers 5: New Believers in the Android Google Play Store (for free).
Posted by: _Ashley_

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 06/24/17 01:43 PM

I would like vv3 and vv5 for free in Google play store.
Posted by: BABIES0622

Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? - 05/30/18 11:10 AM

VV Origins 2

I wish that when I use something in the crafting hut and it doesn't turn out to mix or I hit it by a mistake that you don't lose it, some of the stuff takes a bit of time to come back and it really sucks having to wait to make stuff over again, and over again.

I'm also confused as to how you make the wooden wheel for the observatory.

Thanks