expansion pack for virtual families.

Posted by: candypanda57

expansion pack for virtual families. - 05/11/09 09:48 PM

Has anyone thought about an expansion pact for the Virtual Families game? For instance, once a player has finished all 4 collections they could be given the option of doing 4 new collections with say, a new picture, flowers, marbles - stuff like that. Also, when all of the original home improvements have been purchased then maybe a second set of home provements could be available like - a swingset & hot tub for outside the house. Also things to improve the non-career rooms inside the house. For example - new linens for the bedrooms, new area rugs for the parents room and the living room. How about the ability to change the floor tiles in the rooms or even completely change the the furniture in the living room. How about changing the shower curtain in the bathroom or the color of the washing machine and dryer in the laundry room?? It would give the player something else to strive for as the family keeps going generation after generation.
Posted by: BikerRicksBaby

Re: expansion pact for virtual families. - 05/12/09 07:41 PM

Wow, candy...you've given this some thought! All of it sounds wonderful! I, for one, would love it!
Posted by: mappam

Re: expansion pact for virtual families. - 05/12/09 08:18 PM

Sounds interesting!

I would like to see a sock collection and be able to buy a new fridge or bedding as well. New wallpaper to change the whole look of a room.
Posted by: Lewanda

Re: expansion pact for virtual families. - 05/12/09 08:24 PM

Great ideas Hon! I've already asked Arthur if he may ever give us the option to buy upgrades and home improvements after buying all the others. Once you get into the fifth gen your money piles up, because there's nothing else to spend it on. He said it's a possiblity. Maybe he'll do it after he finishes Villagers 4.
Posted by: candypanda57

Re: expansion pact for virtual families. - 05/13/09 05:58 PM

Thanks guys!! (Lewanda, Mappam, & BikerRikesBaby) I love VF & VV!! I got the idea for an expansion pact because of being such a big fan of the Zoo Tycoon series.
Posted by: VFLover09

Re: expansion pact for virtual families. - 06/17/10 01:42 AM

An expansion pack for VF sounds amazing! BTW, I'm a huge fan of Zoo Tycoon 2 too!
Posted by: Nora Willow

Re: expansion pact for virtual families. - 06/17/10 02:51 PM

I'd love to be able to change the debris in the house on Virtual Families... they are colorful, but It'd be cool to see it in plaid or something... and I'd also like to be able to change te kind of rocks on the path, mabe a copper-reddish color?

Great Idea Candy!! grin
Posted by: arnie

Re: expansion pact for virtual families. - 06/18/10 01:03 PM

Nora,

I'm not sure what you mean by the debris; do you mean the wrappers and socks, etc? The path can be and has been changed by user-created mods. If you can't see a suitable mod there you could try supplying more details and asking in the mods discussion forum if anybody is willing to create it for you.
Posted by: Mrpeanut188

Re: expansion pact for virtual families. - 06/21/10 09:02 PM

I agree with all that has been said in this topic.
But what about it turning into the Sims?
The greatest thing they could ever make is CUSTOM HOUSE MAKING.Like in The Sims. People like to be flexible and to enhance and express their creativity.

Re: expansion pact for virtual families. - 06/22/10 03:18 PM

I think it's unrealistic to hope for some features that can be found in games like The Sims. LDW is a small studio that produces 'casual' games. They don't have the resources to include the sort of things produced by a team of expensive programmers.

That said, many of the user-created mods can completely alter the look and feel of the house.
Posted by: Simsane

Re: expansion pact for virtual families. - 06/23/10 02:38 AM

I totally agree with what Arnie stated, plus wanted to add that I play both -- the Sims 2 and VV and VF games. I like the VV and VF games just the way they are, so I hope LDW won't change them. In fact, I haven't even wanted to play my Sims 2 in over a year, but I am still loving my VV and VF games. smile

Oh -- almost forgot to say that I also like Zoo Tycoon and have all the ep's for it as well, but am ONLY playing the VV games right now.
Posted by: The Chief

Re: expansion pack for virtual families. - 06/23/10 02:42 AM

I think anything new should be in the VF2, if ever made. Most stuff wanted to change could take a while to do so. Mods are the best to that, though.

Re: expansion pack for virtual families. - 06/25/10 01:16 PM

I bought The Sims 1 several years ago, well before I'd heard of LDW. VV1 wasn't even out, yet alone VF. I played The Sims a few times, but it never grabbed by attention in the same way as VF and the VV series. I've still got the CD but I haven't bothered to install it on my newer machines.

I'm sure that The Sims 2 and 3 are 'bigger and better' but I've never had any desire to get them, whereas I'll download any future LDW sim games like a shot.
Posted by: Pokemontrainer99

Re: expansion pack for virtual families. - 06/28/10 07:43 PM

Yeah, the Sims are rubbish. LDW games are better.
Posted by: BostonGirl

Re: expansion pack for virtual families. - 07/04/10 04:27 AM

I ike the game as it is, but I thought of a few things.

There could be an option to buy an adoption application. It would be expensive and would not assure an automatic
adoption but it would increase the odds, sort of like the baby boost. It would give families a way to have more children
and increase genetics.

There could be an online date/mate option that a single person could buy at the store. They would receive a few more more
marriage proposals by "buying" this option. It would give picky people more prospects for partners. It would be expensive, of course.

Options to run a "green" eco friendly home or use more electricity:

We could buy solar panels and a windmill at the store but they would be costly. We could buy the "Sunshine" or
"Windy Day" at the store. The windy event could be built into the game the way the "sunshine" is avaiable.
Then we could make the money back by selling our extra power back to the power company if we make more than we use.

Option to use more electricity by making the lights workable; (the way we can open the fridge or turn on the tv).
We could click on the lamps in the evening but we would have a power bill to pay. We could buy power saving bulbs
at the store that are expensive but cost less to use.

Just a few thoughts...
Posted by: petenpete

Re: expansion pack for virtual families. - 07/12/10 11:37 PM

I have to say, that while the "expansion pack" idea sounds attractive, I've learned that half the fun of VV & VF are designing & installing mods. But then I'm a shameless show-off when it comes to modding. :-p
Posted by: BostonGirl

Re: expansion pack for virtual families. - 07/13/10 11:29 PM

Maybe I should have posted my ideas above in the Developer Feedback Forum instead of the "expansion pack" post. I guess it could be either. I really like the option of receiving more marriage proposals though. If you reject two or three in hopes of getting a better match you end up waiting a long time! Also, the adoption option would be nice.

Pete, some of the mods are pretty cool!

Anyone else interested in an option for more marriage proposals???
Posted by: Midii

Virtual Families Expansion Pack - 10/11/10 08:24 AM

I got some of these suggestions from various threads in the Virtual Families forum, but here are some things I would love to see in a Virtual Families Expansion Pack that I would willingly buy for $5-10 dollars, perhaps even a bit more:

1. The kids can be trained in a certain career (e.g. if the mother is a lawyer, they can be trained in law) and therefore have a preference for which sort of profession they want to be when they grow up.
2. Extensions to the house can be made. Furniture can be purchased to make libraries, extra bedrooms etc.
3. Different themes for the house (e.g. tropical, romantic, historical) can be purchased for the family within the game (no downloads online)
4. New upgrades. Introduce bedrooms as an upgradeable room, career rooms can be upgraded up to Lv. 10
5. Taxes have to be paid depending on your bank account/income so that players who have too much money won't get so bored
6. You can have 1 extra kid for every bedroom upgrade. The max amount will be 16, but the same rules for having babies still apply (no working while nursing, there has to be a period of time before the woman can have babies again, but having 16 is possible if she has 3 quadruplets and 2 twins etc)
7. You can have quadruplets
Hope you take at least 1 of these ideas into consideration!

Re: Virtual Families Expansion Pack - 10/11/10 08:40 AM

If it were made possible to build bedroom extensions I'd like it to be possible for, once one of the parents dies, the remaining one to "retire" and move in to a new bedroom, allowing one of the children to take over the house and start a new family.
Posted by: emri

Re: Virtual Families Expansion Pack - 10/11/10 11:15 PM

That sounds good,Arnie.
Posted by: Midii

Re: Virtual Families Expansion Pack - 10/14/10 10:45 AM

re: arnie, it would be great if, when you started a new generation, the people in the house (kids/adults) could stay in a separate shack or room. that would be good.
Posted by: jude700

Re: Virtual Families Expansion Pack - 05/26/12 04:32 AM

Would like eto see more magnamous couples, where the ccouple could go to own hut to have child.
Posted by: kimgonzales

Re: Virtual Families Expansion Pack - 06/01/12 09:02 PM

This game is wonderful! That being said.....it would be a lot more "fun" if new furnishings, redecorating, options to change flooring (wood, vinyl, carpet/patterns, colors, etc.), wall paint or wallpaper, paintings, curtains, etc. in EACH room of the house, when you start the next generation. It's fun to decorate and each generation should be able to "make changes" around the house when they move in! It would REALLY be awesome to be able to "landscape" with choices of flowers/flower beds...maybe even having preset themes, like...English garden, chinese garden, country garden. These would be a great way to spend all that money that ends up accumulating after 7+ generations, LOL!!!

Better acknowledged interaction between family members, a choice of music on the radio, a TV that actually has sound, acknowledgement and interactive play between the peeps and their pets, neighbors???, swing set?,and actually being able to keep the clothes you've already bought!

I love all the virtual games put out by LDW...I play them more than anything else. Take a look at "Life Quest" and "Path to Success". Take a page from the set up on those and incorporate something like those into Virtual Families.....that would be the absolutely most outstanding couldn't be beat out of this world game!!!!!
Posted by: MissKathyAdministrator

Re: Virtual Families Expansion Pack - 06/03/12 07:33 AM

Hello Kim. smile I love your ideas for spending all that money our little families earn once they have purchased everything. Have you checked out the Virtual Families Mod Forum? There are hundreds of options for changing the look of your VF home, created by VF fans. There is a section with information on how to install VF fan created mods into your game if you want to use them, a Mod Directory that makes it easier to locate all of the different mod options, and a very helpful post here that helps to visualize how the maps fit together to create each room.

Please note that the mods can only be used on certain Mac and Windows versions of the game, depending on place of purchase. Android and iOS versions of the game cannot use mods as it involves inaccessible game files.