Questions about Virtual Villager games

Posted by: StaceyUK

Questions about Virtual Villager games - 07/26/18 02:13 PM

Hello,

I’m new to the Virtual Villagers franchise. I recently purchased Virtual Villagers Origins for the iPad, is this the same as Virtual Villagers 1? When I’ve finished this game, is it best to play them in chronological order, or is there another Virtual Villagers game next? Is Virtual Villagers Origins 2 the same as Virtual Villagers 2? Virtual Villagers 2 is currently unavailable to me on the iOS App Store because it’s not compatible with iOS 11.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.
Posted by: Hydra14

Re: Questions about Virtual Villager games - 07/26/18 03:15 PM

Virtual Villagers Origins is basically the same as Virtual Villlagers 1, it is a rework for mobile and has in-app purchases and new graphics.

Virtual Villagers Origins 2 is Completely different than Virtual Villagers 2.

You're suppossed to play in this order;
1-VV Origins
2-VV2:The Lost Children
3-VV3:The Secret City
4-VV4:The Tree of Life
5-VV5:New Believers
6-VV Origins 2
Posted by: StaceyUK

Re: Questions about Virtual Villager games - 07/26/18 04:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Hydra14
Virtual Villagers Origins is basically the same as Virtual Villlagers 1, it is a rework for mobile and has in-app purchases and new graphics.

Virtual Villagers Origins 2 is Completely different than Virtual Villagers 2.

You're suppossed to play in this order;
1-VV Origins
2-VV2:The Lost Children
3-VV3:The Secret City
4-VV4:The Tree of Life
5-VV5:New Believers
6-VV Origins 2

Thank you for your help!
Posted by: LadyCFIIAdministrator

Re: Questions about Virtual Villager games - 07/26/18 05:21 PM

Hi, Stacey! We updated all of our iOS games last year to work properly with iOS 11, including Virtual Villagers 2. We'd love to help you figure this out. Could you tell us what message you're getting on your device that indicates that VV2 won't run on iOS 11?
Posted by: Schelley

Re: Questions about Virtual Villager games - 08/16/18 03:57 AM

How do you catch the whirlwind of air in Vv1
Posted by: KeeganAdministrator

Re: Questions about Virtual Villager games - 08/17/18 07:34 PM

Hi, Schelley! When you mention the whirlwind of air in VV1, are you referring to Virtual Villagers: Origins 2? If VV1, can you please provide a screenshot so we can advise you most effectively?
Posted by: shanna42

Re: Questions about Virtual Villager games - 08/21/18 11:09 AM

Can I play VVO2 with android
Posted by: KeeganAdministrator

Re: Questions about Virtual Villager games - 08/21/18 01:54 PM

Hi there, Shanna! Virtual Villagers: Origins 2 is absolutely available as app on your Android device! You can find it in the Play Store on your device or visit this link directly:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ldw.vvo2
Posted by: Schelley

Re: Questions about Virtual Villager games - 08/22/18 02:01 PM

Actually it’s in VV2... I see the whirlwind but I try to catch it but nothing happens...what do I need to do?
Posted by: MissKathyAdministrator

Re: Questions about Virtual Villager games - 08/23/18 02:23 AM

Hi Schelley! I suspect you may actually be playing VVO2 (Virtual Villagers Origins 2) and not VV2 (Virtual Villagers 2: The Lost Children) as there is no swirling air in VV2. I've attached an image of the beach in both games, VVO2 is on the left. If you are indeed playing VVO2, you may find this thread helpful. smile

If your game looks different than these 2 examples, it would be great if you could provide a screenshot so we can advise you most effectively.
Posted by: casi

Re: Questions about Virtual Villager games - 09/05/18 05:09 AM

hmmmm. In VV TREE, i'm stuck at nine on the fish, the last tree repair. i have made many 'lobster' dinners, yet no trophy. The only time i get anymore fins are when i dont have babies to get them. is this a trick to keep us playing and not accomplishing anything further? any words of wisdom?
Posted by: Tobie

Re: Questions about Virtual Villager games - 09/05/18 06:02 PM

You can find a lot of hints for the puzzles in VV4 by checking out the VV Tree of Life forum.
Posted by: Muggsycat1

Re: Questions about Virtual Villager games - 01/26/19 01:56 AM

How do the villagers move the large boulder in front of a cave in the NE part of the Island VV1
Posted by: Ruth Lucero

Re: Questions about Virtual Villager games - 02/01/19 11:36 PM

[spoiler][/spoiler]You have to have the golden child.
Posted by: George T SLC

Re: Questions about Virtual Villager games - 02/02/19 03:05 PM

To hide a spoiler, the two markers have to be before and after the text, not both of them before it.