Laurence

Posted by: LadyCFIIAdministrator

Laurence - 12/16/11 07:28 PM

Sadly, our long-time friend and forum member, Laurence, has passed away.

For 5 years, ever since her very first post, she was always helpful and kind to everyone in the LDW community. She was especially fond of the children here and went out of her way to be a sympathetic friend to them. One of her favorite "hangouts" here was Fan Fiction. She wrote her own stories and spent countless hours reading the stories of others and encouraging budding authors.

Since Laurence was such a good friend to many of us, as well as someone who helped and cheered everyone around her, we decided that it would be a fitting tribute to her, and all that she meant to us, to open up a thread where her friends could share their memories of Laurence and how her friendship touched them.

Laurence was a treasured, loyal friend to me, and I will miss her.

I am going to raise the limit on the number of images that can be included in a post in this thread, since I want everyone to have the creative freedom they need to express their thoughts and tributes. Laurence always loved emoticons (smileys), and they count as images here in the forums!
Posted by: TheGnome

Re: Laurence - 12/17/11 07:55 AM

In Memory of my Dear Friend, Laurence

Laurence was a loyal, affectionate, encouraging friend who taught me the meaning of true courage. She enriched my life with her sense of humour, friendship and caring.

Plant Tycoon brought me to the LDW Forums and hence to Laurence who also loved the game, so I thought it would be nice to say au revoir with PT.

Lulla (Laurence's much loved cat) is inspecting the Arthurium to make sure it is doing okay. Laurence and I had a little joke with Arthuriums. When she sent me a handmade card, she stuck a red, elongated heart in one spot then wrote "Arthurium" with an arrow pointing to it and we just continued sending and mentioning Arthuriums after that.

She never liked to see me cry so I shall shed no tears here. Laurence. my sweet friend, you shall never be forgotten.

Tante Jen

Posted by: Hugo2424

Re: Laurence - 12/17/11 08:00 AM

altough i never met Laurence she seemed very nice frown
Posted by: esther1981

Re: Laurence - 12/17/11 10:27 AM

Oh wow. I have no words to express how I'm feeling, so I will just say Farewell Laurence, you will be dearly missed.
Posted by: smjjames

Re: Laurence - 12/17/11 10:13 PM

Mind if I ask what happened? Anyways, yea its sad, even though I don't think I know here very well.
Posted by: TG3

Re: Laurence - 12/18/11 12:28 AM

I believe I had talked to Laurence a few times on forums. I joined this site practically 4 years ago, I can't believe how long it's been.. anyways, from what I remember of Laurence, she is a very nice person that does try to do her best to help us. I'm sad to hear that she's gone now, but I'm glad I got to talk to her a couple times smile
Posted by: Joine The Great

Re: Laurence - 12/19/11 07:40 PM

I remember Laurence frown She was a good friend and a gentle person. Even when I was really bad at writing she encouraged me to keep trying, and now I'm creating entire original casts to use for stories, which I probably wouldn't be if it was not for her.

I'm going to miss her. She's a good inspiration. frown
Posted by: Krystal

Re: Laurence - 12/20/11 12:42 AM

This makes me incredibly sad to hear. I'm not even an active member of the forum anymore, but I felt I had to return briefly after hearing about this.
I always enjoyed talking to Laurence, back when I was here more regularly, and she will be greatly missed. frown
Posted by: Cyborg

Re: Laurence - 12/21/11 02:34 AM

I cant believe it, Laurence is gone. I loved seeing all the little unique smileys she would post. Today is truly a very sad day in LDW history.

Re: Laurence - 12/21/11 06:13 AM

Perhaps we could fill this link with emoticons in memory of Laurence. She would have loved that. Here are a few that she would have left for you all if she had had a chance to say goodbye:

Posted by: biddy

Re: Laurence - 12/22/11 02:00 AM

Laurence was a much loved internet friend and will be sorely missed!
XOXOXOXOXOXOX

Posted by: Houjun

Re: Laurence - 12/22/11 02:35 AM

I'm so sad to hear about laurence's passing.

She was such a wonderful person to have long discussions with and she was always so patient when I wanted to attempt speaking French with her.

She always had some wonderful smilies that seemed to fit every occasion. Could always cheer you up if you were down. She was such an encouragement to all the fanfiction writers too.

Tu me manques Laurence.
Posted by: arnie

Re: Laurence - 01/02/12 12:53 PM

I was very sad to learn the news. Particularly when I started using the forums Laurence was very helpful to me, and I counted her as a friend.

Farewell Laurence, RIP.

Posted by: Tmac

Re: Laurence - 01/09/12 12:49 AM

God bless and keep you Laurence. She was truly a kind soul . Always was so sweet and thoughtful. I remember getting birthday wishes from her smile I will miss her and her sweet ways.
Posted by: Becca123

Re: Laurence - 01/09/12 03:36 AM

It has been some time since I last posted on this forum, but I thought that today I would log back in to say goodbye and thank you to Laurence, who has always been a treasured member of the community here.

She was a friend to everyone, was happy and cheerful and always tried to help out and encourage people when needed. Her encouragement was probably one of the biggest reasons that I continued writing my fan-fiction from five years ago, and I could not have written it without her support.

Thank you, Laurence. I'm sure you will be missed by almost everyone here. cry
Posted by: Airstream Raider

Re: Laurence - 01/28/12 01:22 AM

Laurence, I'm going to miss you. Thank you for encouraging me to write and helping me with french! You will be missed <3 i was hoping to talk to you again after my long ansence so coming to see this sucks. I hope you are having a blast outside your physical body.

Love always,
AR

PNSN KEEPING YOU IN MY THOUGHTS!!!!
Posted by: Britney

Re: Laurence - 01/28/12 01:28 AM

God bless you. :c
Posted by: halidog

Re: Laurence - 01/29/12 04:19 AM

I just saw this thread, and I'm so sad to hear that she passed away!
She was a wonderful woman here on the forums, always an avid reader in the fan fiction section, and a great person overall. I'm glad that she entered my life, and I feel that she has helped make me a better person in her own way. I think I can speak for everyone who knew her when I say that she will be missed.
Posted by: 123isolagirl

Re: Laurence - 01/30/12 12:11 PM

guess i'm a little late (this thread was created last year!)
anyway i'm so sad after reading this!!! frown
btw i started taking french lessons a few months ago so i will try to say a sentence in french:
au revoir laurence... cry

i know it's rude to ask but why did she pass away? WHY?! WHY???
Posted by: txmom2

Re: Laurence - 01/31/12 01:28 AM

I saw this thread a few weeks ago but didn't have the heart to say anything. All I can really say is, this is really sad news. I remember she commented on my story I wrote a while ago, and she said I should write a sequel about the main characters' children. I kind of regret not writing it.

I know other people have done thing like this in that past, and it's not the greatest picture in the world, but I had to make it and now that I have, I have to post it.

Re: Laurence - 01/31/12 11:35 AM

Lovely, txmom2!

Re: Laurence - 01/31/12 09:59 PM

Oh!! What a lovely tribute to Laurence txmom - she would really love it!!! smile The smiley says it all because we cannot think of Laurence without having a smile on our faces. smile
Posted by: 123isolagirl

Re: Laurence - 02/01/12 10:59 AM

good job txmom2!!! smile

Re: Laurence - 02/01/12 04:12 PM

Perhaps someone at LDW (Carla, perhaps?) could arrange it that if the next game is a VV/VF-type game, "Laurence" could go on the list of names given to the children?

Re: Laurence - 02/01/12 09:36 PM

Brilliant arnie!! Or perhaps an animal, vegetable/flower or mineral for a Tycoon style game. Just like Arthur and his Arthurium, eh? smile
Posted by: Brightlight

Re: Laurence - 12/17/12 04:07 PM

I know I'm kinda late, but farewell Laurence. You will be missed. :[
Posted by: bethlham

Re: Laurence - 06/28/13 04:59 AM

I was shocked to read this news...and sorry so much time passed before I acknowledged her passing. I remember her well as a lovely person and wonderful forum family member.
Posted by: VV3 girl123

Re: Laurence - 06/29/13 03:46 AM

Yes, it is very sad. But I wondor how she died?
Posted by: Miyazaki

Re: Laurence - 06/30/13 03:05 AM

Ahhh this is very sad to hear :'( I remember a couple years ago I would ask her for advice and she would always give me the advice I needed smile She was really amazing and I hope she rests in peace! She will be forever remembered in the forums! <3

Re: Laurence - 07/01/13 04:41 PM

Yes, I was pretty new, so I didn't even get to know Laurence that well, but I could still tell that she was a wonderful person.
Posted by: knksmiles

Re: Laurence - 07/26/13 02:30 AM

I have been gone from the forums for a few years, just came back today and was looking to see who was still around. I am sad that Laurence is no longer here and sad for the reason. She was one of the sweetest members with never a cross word and no hint of drama. Seeing her posts frequently made me smile.

Re: Laurence - 07/26/13 03:06 AM

almost 5000 is surely something, knk
Posted by: HappyPlayer

Re: Laurence - 04/03/14 02:39 AM

I'm so sorry to learn of Laurence's passing. She was a dear friend, so sweet, and so fun. She will always have a place in my heart. May she rest in peace.