LDW dying out?

Posted by: Emerald Cat

LDW dying out? - 05/22/11 09:46 PM

Is LDW dying out? THink about it-there is hardly ever anyone on and LDW hasen't posted since FEBUARY. They never even announced a guessed date when VV5 came out. Plus, they got rid of the shout box! There used to be always someone to talk to on there, but about a month before it was taken off, there was pretty much no one.
Posted by: XayAdministrator

Re: LDW dying out? - 05/23/11 12:15 AM

The shout box was active until the day it was removed. I (as part of LDW) have posted many times since February, along with LadyCFII. smile We do not announce dates, as stated by LadyCFII here. This concern has come up previously, always during the slow times between game releases. smile

Re: LDW dying out? - 05/23/11 01:51 AM

I don't mean to be rude or anything, but don't you notice that there seems to be even LESS people on here. I joined this before VV4 came out, and there was tons of people on, even before VV4 was announced.

And I don't mean you and LadyCFII, I mean the posts that show up on the home page, the ones by Arther.
Posted by: XayAdministrator

Re: LDW dying out? - 05/23/11 02:23 AM

The ebb and flow of people is not new on the forums. At times they have been more silent than now. It's normal.

Arthur has posted many times on Facebook, and Twitter, which are both shown on this forum.
Posted by: Cyborg

Re: LDW dying out? - 05/23/11 06:22 PM

When I saw this post my heart literally skipped a beat. I have noticed that the forums have gotten more quiet since the release of VV5. I'm sure when the mystery game is released the forums will be flooded with new posts. And the thing about Arthur. I was sure since he is the creator of LDW he would be the one to use the forums the most out of everyone. I wish I still had my facebook account. Oh well at least I still have the LDW forums to get my information.
Posted by: Annthewhofan

Re: LDW dying out? - 05/23/11 10:46 PM

Always silent when new game comes out smile
Posted by: Krystal

Re: LDW dying out? - 05/25/11 06:47 AM

I have to say I have noticed how quiet it is around here too. Lots of the people who used to be regulars now almost never post. That goes for me too, yes, but not just that. There are many people that fit that description.
Posted by: TG3

Re: LDW dying out? - 05/25/11 07:57 AM

I've been a proud member of this site sinse like, I believe 2007?or 2008,,one of those. and i dont know. I hardly check up on this site now...it was numerous reasons,mainly because i'm a student and of course i'm getting older and things change... frown but i did notice since about last year? that it kind of looks like there isn't as much people on. I still <3; LDW!!
Posted by: TheGnome

Re: LDW dying out? - 05/26/11 06:31 AM

LDW dying out?!?!?!? Never!!! laugh

I for one am reporting in for duty!! laugh laugh

I think we all have busy lives and there is only so much that one can post after all of the excitement of the launch of a new game. I, for one, often just read posts but rarely submit a post.

Anyone else out there ready to put up a hand and report in as 'Present'? That could be fun!! wink
Posted by: laurence

Re: LDW dying out? - 05/26/11 01:56 PM

_
__"Huh? quoi?" __ _ "PRESENT!" ___ blush
(Well, between 01:00 and 02:00 PM at the office, for now)

BUT! _ shocked sorry!... But, give us a new LDW game... and......
____ ___________ ________
_

wink

Re: LDW dying out? - 05/27/11 01:21 AM

YAY!!! There is Laurence!! :ticks the roll book: grin

How lovely to see you pop up with your funny emoticons!! laugh
:GIGA HUGS:

Next please!! laugh
Posted by: smjjames

Re: LDW dying out? - 05/28/11 02:27 AM

I'm still around, just not posting much. Mainly waiting for the new game.
Posted by: arnie

Re: LDW dying out? - 05/29/11 09:05 PM

I'm still around, too. I have also noticed that it's a lot quieter. I don't think the removal of the shout box and the decline in postings is entirely coincidental; lots of people seemed to come mainly to chat there. Perhaps they were peeved when their toy was taken away from them. LDW do also seem to have split their energies between the Facebook page and the forums, which means that the forums are quieter. I suspect a lot of people who use mobile phones with LDW apps on them find it easier to navigate the Facebook page, so don't come here. A lot of LDW's time at the moment is of course devoted to porting apps to the iOS and Android OS.

There is a box to the left of every page with the Facebook announcements and one to the right with Arthur's tweets.

I must say that some indication of progress in the "mystery game" would be welcomed, and serve to reassure everyone that LDW isn't dying out.
Posted by: ArthurAdministrator

Re: LDW dying out? - 05/30/11 07:23 PM

We are working on a new game. I'll drop some kind of hint soon. It will likely launch on iOS and Android before desktop, but we'll keep everyone posted.

Sorry about the quiet times...we had a 2nd baby, too. A new son, Thomas! 2 little rascals is definitely a bit of a distraction....
Posted by: MissKathyAdministrator

Re: LDW dying out? - 05/30/11 08:30 PM

Good to hear from you Arthur! Congratulations to you and Carla on the birth of your new baby! smile

Re: LDW dying out? - 05/31/11 06:20 PM

Congratz on the new baby Arthur. Its good to have more children who will hopfully follow in your foot steps and will want to work for or eventually run LDW when you Carla get older. But its going to be quite a while before that happens.
Posted by: smjjames

Re: LDW dying out? - 05/31/11 11:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Arthur
We are working on a new game. I'll drop some kind of hint soon. It will likely launch on iOS and Android before desktop, but we'll keep everyone posted.

Sorry about the quiet times...we had a 2nd baby, too. A new son, Thomas! 2 little rascals is definitely a bit of a distraction....

Congrats to both you and Carla!
Posted by: leowomn

Re: LDW dying out? - 06/01/11 06:35 PM

Congrats Arthur and Carla on baby #2. Please do not wait too long on releasing the mystery game on desktop. Some of us old fogies do not use Iphones and such, just the old reliable PC or Mac..LOL
Posted by: IzzyJ5

Re: LDW dying out? - 06/01/11 07:51 PM

Originally Posted By: leowomn
Congrats Arthur and Carla on baby #2. Please do not wait too long on releasing the mystery game on desktop. Some of us old fogies do not use Iphones and such, just the old reliable PC or Mac..LOL

As another old fogie, I agree! I don't have an iphone or anything similar. I really hope the new game will be on PC.
Posted by: ArthurAdministrator

Re: LDW dying out? - 06/02/11 03:01 AM

I will make the boys work for LDW as soon as they are old enough to be useful. LOL.

I will try hard not to be a stranger, and I'll get some hints or previews together asap. smile

Re: LDW dying out? - 06/02/11 08:04 AM

Congratulations Arthur and Carla laugh

Oh boy, now we have a new member, Baby Thomas!! His big brother will soon have him at the computer, but I think he will be playing games, not programming laugh

And, like IzzyJ5, this REALLY old fogie will be waiting for the destop (Windows Please!)version of the new game!! Btw, what IS an iPhone? (Joking) laugh laugh

Re: LDW dying out? - 06/02/11 06:18 PM

Hmm odd I was sure I said congratz to both you and Carla on my previous post. Anyway congratz to both you and Carla on the new baby. Speaking of which will the new baby get a game credit in the new game? Just curious.
Posted by: Jamie:)

Re: LDW dying out? - 06/04/11 08:31 PM

Congrats on the new baby!
and LDW will never die out:D
Posted by: TG3

Re: LDW dying out? - 06/04/11 11:10 PM

Congrats Arthur & Carla!! laugh
Posted by: Seashall

Re: LDW dying out? - 06/05/11 01:57 AM

Congratulations! I'm sure the new baby will have a happy and fun childhood! laugh smile
Posted by: emri

Re: LDW dying out? - 06/05/11 12:22 PM

blushYou are right Arnie.When i joined facebook about a year ago,i am so busy playing games,i dont get on LWD that often.
Posted by: Candy_63

Re: LDW dying out? - 06/05/11 12:42 PM

I have just read the good news - Congratulations Arthur and Carla!!! laugh

Like many others I would also prefer the new game on PC and I'm looking forward to some hints ... wink
Posted by: laurence

Re: LDW dying out? - 06/05/11 02:56 PM

_ _

to Thomas Humphrey!

Posted by: zippie

Re: LDW dying out? - 06/06/11 09:18 AM

Congratulations on the new baby Arthur and Carla !! They will be playing LDW games before you know it !
Posted by: esther1981

Re: LDW dying out? - 06/11/11 01:30 AM

I'm still here. Just not as much as usual but it has nothing to do with LDW they are and always will be awesome in my eyes. Congrats on the new baby Arthur and Carla!

Re: LDW dying out? - 06/11/11 06:24 PM

Awwww congrats on the new baby! laugh
Posted by: Brittlestar1

Re: LDW dying out? - 06/11/11 09:57 PM

OMG CONGRATS ON THE NEW BABY ARTHUR AND CARLA!!!! We all love you guys laugh
Posted by: Houjun

Re: LDW dying out? - 06/22/11 06:39 AM

Belated congrats on the new baby Arthur and Carla. smile
Posted by: Umineko Otaku

Re: LDW dying out? - 06/26/11 09:43 PM

i was here since before VV3 but i had to create a new account since password retrieval wouldn't work. I was known as isolakitten and Kairi. I don't mind making a new account as i got to change my username. smile I'm sad that it is so quiet. I just got virtual families and i wish to talk about it with other people on active topics but there arent many people on. frown
Posted by: Hello54321

Re: LDW dying out? - 06/26/11 11:22 PM

LDW forum is kinda dying.It is always 1 or 2 people online.This is bad because the max online 299 and i dont see us ever reaching 300.
Also i miss the shout box.
Posted by: Rockmower

Re: LDW dying out? - 06/29/11 05:53 PM

WOW! I've really been missing a LOT!!! frown

I just happened to be in town at the Library today and decided to pay the 2 bucks to jump on a puter and shout at yall. I don't/won't do this very often, but did want to take this chance to do so.

Super congrats to Our King & Queen on the birth of the latest Prince Charming. smile

Well, I survived the Joplin Tornado, as did my whole family. Our Farm is a few miles South of town, and though we did get some minor storm damage, the only family member hurt was a cousin who was in town shopping at the time. He's fine, just a broken arm and some scratches/cuts etc.

I don't have internet right now, so it will probably be a long time before I can shout at everyone again. Meantime this is for all my dear friends here:

Roses are Red
Violets are blue.
Life keeps on changing
without any clue.

Disasters will happen
whether from God or from man.
But if we believe,
He will send down his hand
to lift us above the troubles on land.

God Bless each of you & I hope to chat with you again in the near future. Rockmower
Posted by: The Chief

Re: LDW dying out? - 06/29/11 06:11 PM

That's an awesome poem, Rockmower! I hope your cousin gets better soon!
Rest assured everybody, the fourm will be hopping in a while. Updates have been posted through facebook about VV5 so I doubt this place will be a ghost town for long.
Posted by: Annthewhofan

Re: LDW dying out? - 03/31/12 07:10 PM

I seem to be doing other things that keeps me busy now but I try to visit now and again. Now I got a new iPad I probably visit more oftener now. It even got a spelling thing that if it's the word I want I use the space bar and it goes in.

Yep every one seem to go on Facebook now I seen it there I use my real name there
Posted by: VVFanatic

Re: LDW dying out? - 08/02/12 06:27 AM

I'm still here too, I had neglected the forums, but now with news of VF2, I have began popping in every other day or so, so good to be back again! Still love LDW, even as I'm getting older wink

Re: LDW dying out? - 08/06/12 02:55 AM

I'm still here just creeping in and out but rarely saying anything. After all, you guys need someone to keep an eye on my favoutite 'family'! wink

Re: LDW dying out? - 08/26/12 07:40 PM

When did the ads show up in the messages? Truly annoying. I don't come here much anymore. I come to check up on the progress of Virtual Families Two and it's always at 80%. The ads will keep me away.
Posted by: LadyCFIIAdministrator

Re: LDW dying out? - 08/27/12 11:22 AM

There should not be ads on our forums. We are very sorry about this, and we're investigating. UPDATE: The ads have been removed.
Posted by: s h a k l e

Re: LDW dying out? - 09/01/12 01:15 AM

Hey everyone! Congratulations Arthur and Carla on the new crew memeber, little Thomas! smile
LDW is not dying! People are just tired, and lazy grin. Well, at least I am. whistle I'm here almost every day for the last 4 ½ - 5 years, but I do not post just read and follow. I'm sure a lot of us do that, but there's also ppl who simply don't have time right now, have nothing to say, and so forth. Simply been a long time since new game came out and is currently calm. Wait till VF2 come out, huh! laugh
Posted by: Vfplayer

Re: LDW dying out? - 09/03/12 02:04 PM

I know what's taking so long I'm tired of even looking I'm signing off until I hear something this is the worst 4 years.

Re: LDW dying out? - 09/04/12 03:41 AM

Thank you Lady CFII !! Hopefully, Virtual Families Two will come out soon and people will be back on the message boards.
Posted by: VV3 girl123

Re: LDW dying out? - 06/08/13 07:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Annthewhofan
Always silent when new game comes out smile
Cuz were to busy playing it! wink grin laugh
Posted by: Blu6616

Re: LDW dying out? - 06/09/13 06:45 PM

Would be totally lost without my Virtual Villagers & Virtual Families...I have them all...Addicted to these games smile