the new game on the preview page

Posted by: skipper45mn

the new game on the preview page - 12/29/10 08:29 AM

Hey have you guys checked out the previews page????? We have a new mystery game coming in 2011.....wow I couldn't believe it. I think it is neat but am extremely curious as to what it could be. But it from LDW so I am sure it will be a great game.
Posted by: CherryDrops

Re: the new game on the preview page - 12/29/10 08:52 AM

I just saw it. Now, I'm extremely curious as to what it is.
I agree, though, that it will be awesome whatever it is. smile
Posted by: Candy_63

Re: the new game on the preview page - 12/29/10 10:52 AM

I've seen it too! I'm looking forward to this game. Something new from LDW smile
But I hope the VV series will be continued...
Posted by: frogboy

Re: the new game on the preview page - 12/29/10 03:29 PM

OHHHH BOY! I CAN'T WAIT!! laugh

grin *jumps up and down in excitement* grin
Posted by: Havetia

Re: the new game on the preview page - 12/29/10 04:32 PM

Ooooooooh *stares at it* two shiny games will be coming.....

*sits and stares*
Posted by: Kikiann11

Re: the new game on the preview page - 12/29/10 05:19 PM

Personally, I think that VV2 is coming. That's just me. Either that or FT2/PT2.

Re: the new game on the preview page - 12/29/10 05:32 PM

Maybe but the previews page said a new mystery game. I think a vf2 or a ft2 or a pt2 could not be considered new but that is just my opinion and i could be wrong. a 2nd edition of any of them would be welcome. I guess we will have to wait and see

Re: the new game on the preview page - 12/30/10 02:12 PM

I agree with you. And I think it will be a whole new game - a Mystery Game smile
But you are right. We will have to wait ...
Posted by: Pokemontrainer99

New game on the previews! - 01/03/11 01:43 PM

http://www.ldw.com/mystery_game.php Whoa! So soon! Wonder what it is! Thoughts here?
Posted by: Morskow

Re: New game on the previews! - 01/03/11 02:03 PM

Virtual Families 2 perhaps? Or something 100% new, as of VV, all parts of the island are explored.
Posted by: VFLover09

Re: New game on the previews! - 01/03/11 09:55 PM

Since it's called a "Mystery Game" I think it will be a whole new game. Whatever it is I can't wait! laugh
Posted by: smjjames

Re: New game on the previews! - 01/17/11 09:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Morskow
Virtual Families 2 perhaps? Or something 100% new, as of VV, all parts of the island are explored.

Maybe, but are all the mysteries solved? I think there could still be a good deal of stuff to do.

Actually, I looked at the developer section and there is a thread for plant tycoon II, so maybe the new game is Plant Tycoon II?
Posted by: Krystal

Re: New game on the previews! - 01/18/11 08:54 PM

Unfortunately, anyone can post in Developer Feedback so that's not really an indication. smile

Re: New game on the previews! - 01/19/11 01:14 AM

Oh yea, you're right, should have double checked.

Re: New game on the previews! - 03/19/11 07:14 PM

Unfortunately, there seems to be no progress. So we will probably have to wait a little longer to figure out which game it will be. frown
Posted by: horsecrazy123

Re: New game on the previews! - 03/27/11 10:07 PM

Oooh, interesting! I can't wait!
Posted by: Cyborg

Re: New game on the previews! - 03/28/11 06:21 PM

The supense is killing me I want to know what this game is.

Re: New game on the previews! - 03/29/11 06:20 PM

Every night I lay awake thinking about the game. Wondering if it will be Plant Tycoon 2, Fish Tycoon 2 another VV or a game that LDW hasnt even done yet. What ever the game will be I'm sure it will be a big hit with all the LDW fans.

Re: New game on the previews! - 03/30/11 07:50 PM

I check once every couple of weeks to see the progress bar. Finally it has moved almost to the g. Yeah. Maybe in a month or 2 we will have some idea about the game. It is a mystery game, so while I am pretty sure it will have some reference to Isola in it, it is going to be a new game. I would think if it were a sequel to an existing game they would have said so just as they did with announcing vv5 right after vv4 came out.

Re: New game on the previews! - 03/30/11 08:37 PM

A percentage indicator would be cool, although it might be too abstract for their liking since 5% on the bar doesn't neccesarily mean that they have 5% of the game completed.
Posted by: Emerald Cat

Re: New game on the previews! - 03/31/11 12:49 AM

I hope its VV2 or maybe something new! laugh
Posted by: JudasFm

Re: New game on the previews! - 03/31/11 04:56 PM

We've been lucky enough to have quite a few village games (VV3 through 5, not to mention VF) so I'd like to see a break from those. I'm hoping for another Tycoon game (whether or not the island's been completely explored, the wildlife on the island certainly hasn't been!).

Maybe Bird Tycoon; there aren't many bird breeding games out there and I think it could be pretty cool laugh

Re: New game on the previews! - 03/31/11 06:27 PM

Maybe it will be a game where the player explores the island of ISOLA. Maybe the player could be a stranded survivor of a wrecked ship and has to survive on the island. You will need to find resoures such as would for a fire and too build a shelter. And you will need to find a clean source of water and a stable food source. As you explore deeper and deeper into the island you will find ruins of previous inhabitants. If you don't find water or food in time your health will go down and when your health runs out its GAME OVER.

Re: New game on the previews! - 04/04/11 07:51 PM

I looked at it this morning and the bar is now right at the edge of the g. So it's moving along now.

As for the game, maybe something with more variety in breeding? Maybe we can evolve creatures or something.

Re: New game on the previews! - 04/05/11 02:58 AM

Umkaayy.... Either LDW made a mistake or is messing with us since the progress bar went back to where it was yesterday.
Posted by: IzzyJ5

Re: New game on the previews! - 04/05/11 08:48 PM

Where is the progress bar? I've never been able to figure that out. Thanks for any help.

Re: New game on the previews! - 04/06/11 04:04 PM

Originally Posted By: IzzyJ5
Where is the progress bar? I've never been able to figure that out. Thanks for any help.

Go to the LDW main page, click previews and click mystery game.

Re: New game on the previews! - 04/06/11 08:09 PM

Thanks, I found it. It's exciting.
Posted by: Bucsdk

Re: New game on the previews! - 04/08/11 01:14 AM

I can't wait to see what the new game is going to be. I haven't been able to find any other games that come close to VV, VF, PT or FT. It takes so long to create a game. A mystery game, hmm. It's bound to have references from the other games. It will probably take the rest of the year. I'll be waiting.

Re: New game on the previews! - 04/13/11 07:30 PM

I wonder whats up with the progress since a few weeks ago the bar moved to the edge of the 'g', but a short time later it got bumped back.

Re: New game on the previews! - 04/13/11 09:15 PM

Quote:
I wonder whats up with the progress since a few weeks ago the bar moved to the edge of the 'g', but a short time later it got bumped back.

I am not sure what problem you are having but you might try refreshing the page because the progress bar is at the edge of the g and hasn't moved backwards. At least it hasn't on my computer and I just cleaned out my caches and all temp files plus refreshed the page it the same place it was a few weeks ago the edge of the g.

Re: New game on the previews! - 04/14/11 01:40 AM

Originally Posted By: skipper45mn

Quote:

I am not sure what problem you are having but you might try refreshing the page because the progress bar is at the edge of the g and hasn't moved backwards. At least it hasn't on my computer and I just cleaned out my caches and all temp files plus refreshed the page it the same place it was a few weeks ago the edge of the g.

Wierd, I did a cache cleanout and it is still stuck.

Edit: Which browser are you using? I checked with IE and it's where you say it is, while FF, which I normally use, shows it at the 'o'.
Posted by: arnie

Re: New game on the previews! - 04/14/11 01:08 PM

Precisely how the progress bar appears in relation to the text depends not only on the browser being used, as suggested by smjjames, but also on the size and display resolution of your screen plus whether you are viewing the page with your browser maximised or set to a narrower width than the whole screen.
Posted by: BostonGirl

Re: New game on the previews! - 04/15/11 03:05 AM

Thanks Arnie, I get it. You know how much spec there is about the new game, if you feel generous you might be persuaded to give a one word hint about which direction the new game may take. I don't expect you to tell what you guys are working on, but a cryptic, hint might just pacify some people. Me, for one, Arnie. Just asking.. asking never hurts.

Re: New game on the previews! - 04/15/11 03:26 AM

I may be wrong bostongirl, but arnie doesn't work for ldw. arnie if i am wrong about that sorry. mysteries drive me crazy so i can hardly wait for this one to get done. I am sure it will be another great game.
Posted by: XayAdministrator

Re: New game on the previews! - 04/15/11 04:03 AM

That's correct. Arnie does not work for LDW, he's a very helpful game player here on our forums. smile

Re: New game on the previews! - 04/15/11 04:36 AM

Xay, maybe you should check the mystery game progress page on FireFox? It still isn't showing the bar at the edge of the 'g'.

It actually did show at the edge of the g a couple weeks ago, but it went backwards for some reason, and even a refresh and cache cleanout doesn't help. So, something is going on there.

Re: New game on the previews! - 04/15/11 01:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Xay
That's correct. Arnie does not work for LDW, he's a very helpful game player here on our forums. smile

Thanks for that, Heather. Yes, I'm just a player like most people and so have no idea what the new game is about. Even if I did work for LDW and knew about the game, I should think I'd soon be fired if I let out any hints. laugh
Posted by: LadyCFIIAdministrator

Re: New game on the previews! - 04/16/11 08:49 PM

smjjames, the issue is almost certainly that your browser has that page cached and is showing you an outdated view of the preview. I have checked our Previews Page in every major browser in both Windows and Mac, including Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera and Internet Explorer for Windows, and the progress bar displays correctly in every case.

All modern browsers cache Web pages to improve performance, but sometimes that can cause outdated information to be displayed. The only way to ensure that you have the latest information and images for a given Web page is to update your browser's cache (either by clearing it, and then reloading the page), or by manually refreshing the contents of the page by using your browser's reload/refresh function (in Firefox, there's a button for that or you can click View=>Reload to refresh the page). laugh
Posted by: The Chief

Re: New game on the previews! - 04/16/11 08:55 PM

I'm happy that LDW is making a new game! If any hints can be given to the game, please, give!

Re: New game on the previews! - 04/16/11 09:10 PM

@Barbara: Thanks, at least I got a confirmation whether it was me or not.

As for reloading, I did try that, using F5 and shift+F5, I had already cleared cache earlier, but lemme try a few more things.

Edit:Updating to FF4 did the trick! The wierd rollback seemed to happen around the same time FF4 came out (or maybe when you guys updated the website for it), so... yea, figures. smile

Re: New game on the previews! - 04/16/11 09:27 PM

It's good to know that you are seeing the page now in the same way we all see it! grin
Posted by: flowergirl986

Mystery Game... - 05/06/11 06:20 PM

Any word on what the "Mystery Game" might be and when we might expect to see it? I have been waiting very impatiently for five months, and there is no more info available, nor does the progress bar show any additional progress. Any info??? A new Virtual Family game would be nice. (hint, hint) smile

Re: Mystery Game... - 05/06/11 10:43 PM

It's probably too late to hint we would love a new version of VF. But we could (hope hope) smile
Posted by: Emerald Cat

Re: Mystery Game... - 05/06/11 10:49 PM

maybe its something NEW!!!!!!!!! laugh
Posted by: jsmith7

Re: New game on the previews! - 05/18/11 02:56 PM

Oooohhh.. I love LDW games. whatever it is, I know it's going to be amazing. laugh Haven't been able to keep up with everyone yet but I'm excited to find out. laugh

Re: New game on the previews! - 06/08/11 05:43 PM

Whats up with the progress bar? It hasn't moved in months....

Re: New game on the previews! - 06/08/11 06:05 PM

I was around for both vv4 and vv5 and the progress bars would seem stuck for weeks and weeks unend and than on day i would check and the bar will have shown a nice jump or some screen shots would be there. It is a waiting game and they say patience is a virtue it is hard to be patient when waiting for a new game. So this old lady is waiting somewhat impatiently. lol
Posted by: TG3

Re: New game on the previews! - 06/08/11 10:08 PM

I been checking the previews quite frequently and the progress hasnt really changed. But that's okay w/ waiting I guess,, cause I try to find other things to occupy me smile
Posted by: MissKathyAdministrator

Re: New game on the previews! - 06/08/11 10:26 PM

See Arthur's recent posts here and here .

Re: New game on the previews! - 06/08/11 10:35 PM

Originally Posted By: MissKathy
See Arthur's recent posts here and here .

Yea I'm aware that they have a new baby, I just thought the progress bar would have moved more. Good to know that we will get some info pretty soon.

The VV games do translate pretty well to IOS, so if they do release for mobile first, could you guys release on iPad? the iPhone screen is pretty small for something like this. For me it would be anyways.

Re: New game on the previews! - 06/12/11 03:21 PM

The progress bar seems to have been stuck in the same place since late last year. cry

Re: New game on the previews! - 06/12/11 10:09 PM

The progress bar seems to have been stuck in the same place since late last year. cry

No, it was at the o until April when it moved to the edge of the g. It may have moved a few pixels since.

Izzy, are you using FireFox? If so, have you updated to 4.0? That was the case with me. You may also have to clean the cache or refresh the page, or both.

Re: New game on the previews! - 06/12/11 11:37 PM

Gosh, I don't know what I'm using and don't know what Foxfire is. If the progress bar has moved then I believe you. I'm still on a dial up connection, lol. All I know is my progress bar has stayed in the same place since VV5 came out in January. I hope it's past about 75% by now. Mine's still at about 10%.
Posted by: gamelover911

Re: New game on the previews! - 06/13/11 02:08 AM

I REALLY hope its VF2 or somthing like it

Re: New game on the previews! - 06/13/11 01:01 PM

Gamelover, I also hope it's a VF 2. I would love that!!!
Posted by: OptiTron

Re: New game on the previews! - 06/14/11 05:02 AM

Nah, PuhLeeze, no more VFs. I love the tribe games. Am still frustrated that with VF I have had 19 generations and 2.9 BILLION dollars ands till counting, but still am missing 2 collectable insects. FRUSTRATED. And the puzzles for the Villagers games are way more convoluted and exciting. And with more options and less tedium, way better on any account. But i am certain that whatever LDW designs will be stupendous, in my opinion!

Re: New game on the previews! - 07/01/11 03:36 PM

Has there been any progress lately? Mine is still stuck on g, however I don't know what browser I'm using so I could be stuck for some reason. I'm still on dial up connection. Thanks for any new info.

Re: New game on the previews! - 07/03/11 09:23 PM

Has there been any progress lately? Mine is still stuck on g, however I don't know what browser I'm using so I could be stuck for some reason. I'm still on dial up connection. Thanks for any new info.

If you're using FireFox 4.0 and up, you're fine. It also shows at the edge of the g for me as well. So, it hasn't moved in a long while.

Also, the mobile version of that same page has the bar way back at the o, like it was in March or April. May have something to do with Safari (the iDevice browser) or they forgot to update the mobile version of the page.

Re: New game on the previews! - 07/20/11 03:47 AM

Hey LDW, got any updates? You guys have been pretty quiet on the newsfront and the mystery game hasn't changed.

Re: New game on the previews! - 08/13/11 10:12 PM

Originally Posted By: smjjames
Hey LDW, got any updates? You guys have been pretty quiet on the newsfront and the mystery game hasn't changed.

I agree. The 'Mystery Game' title was intriguing at first, but now - for me at least - it's just irritating. How about a hint, at least?

(Then again, maybe the game really IS called Mystery Game grin If so, I'd really like to know what it's about wink )

Re: New game on the previews! - 08/14/11 07:43 AM

The last news I saw posted from Arthur concerning the Mystery Game was on May 30, 2011
Originally Posted By: Arthur
We are working on a new game. I'll drop some kind of hint soon. It will likely launch on iOS and Android before desktop, but we'll keep everyone posted.

Sorry about the quiet times...we had a 2nd baby, too. A new son, Thomas! 2 little rascals is definitely a bit of a distraction....

Re: New game on the previews! - 08/15/11 05:11 PM

Yea I've read that, its just that the progress bar hasn't moved in so long and he did say he would drop some kind of hint soon, and its been longer than soon.

Re: New game on the previews! - 08/23/11 05:08 AM

Congratulations on the 2nd baby!

And what is this "Progress Bar" everyone is chatting about? What is the URL? Even after being a fan from the beginning with Fish Tycoon, I obviously do not know this site well!

Re: New game on the previews! - 08/23/11 05:32 AM

You can view the progress bar by going to the main LDW website, hover your mouse cursor over the Previews tab, and then click on "Mystery Game".
Posted by: laurence

Re: New game on the previews! - 08/24/11 08:04 PM

_
"New LDW game coming in 2011"
_

Re: New game on the previews! - 08/25/11 03:54 AM

Originally Posted By: laurence
_
"New LDW game coming in 2011"
_

That bit of news has been there since forever. Although they do seem to have updated the mobile version of the preview page so that at least the progress nar has caught up to where it is on the PC browser.
Posted by: laurence

Re: New game on the previews! - 08/25/11 02:38 PM

That bit of news has been there since forever. Although they do seem to have updated the mobile version of the preview page so that at least the progress nar has caught up to where it is on the PC browser.
_
Oooh! frown
... and the progress bar is not very far frown

Well, I return to be patient __

_

Re: New game on the previews! - 08/27/11 12:29 AM

Thanks, Xay, perfect destructions! Got there and saw what all the hullabaloo was about! And like always, i await patiently, well mostly!
Posted by: Bomle

Re: New game on the previews! - 11/13/11 08:33 AM

When will there be an update on the mystery game? The bar haven't moved i ages, and it is supposed to be out this year smile I am planning to take the day off when i is released, I can't wait grin

Re: New game on the previews! - 11/17/11 05:04 PM

I agree. Unless LDW have just forgotten to update that page (unlikely, seeing they're usually pretty good with that kind of thing) they'll be pushing it to get it out in the next six weeks (Yes, there are only about six weeks left of 2011...scary thought, huh? :O)

From what I can make out, they seem to be focusing all their time and energy on porting existing games to new platforms, rather than making new games.

Re: New game on the previews! - 11/18/11 08:39 PM

Yea, I'm wondering what's up with the mystery game not being updated, and Andrew said that he would release some bits of information a few months ago.
Posted by: annabel

Re: New game on the previews! - 11/23/11 10:12 PM

I think Arthur and Carla are busy with Virtual Toddlers.
Posted by: IsolaFlower

Re: New game on the previews! - 11/23/11 10:36 PM

that would be cool...but i don't think that's it...it might be a new series like virtual settlers or something that would be fun

Re: New game on the previews! - 11/24/11 05:09 AM

They have 2 real life lttle boys.

Re: New game on the previews! - 11/25/11 07:36 PM

oh! im so blonde...i get what you meant lol sorry annabel...but anyway. i think they should do like a medieval times game...like virtual fortress, or virtual castles...

Re: New game on the previews! - 11/26/11 07:39 AM

That's okay.No hints at all about the new game.I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Re: New game on the previews! - 11/30/11 04:27 AM

Alas, methinks it is WAAAAAAY too quiet in LDW. No word, no progress. I actually deleted my shortcut 2 months ago, to this site, as I was bored waiting. I come back and still no news AT ALL here. Ah well, maybe LDW has gone the way of the Dodo. Sad, i miss the games. But i have played all 7 of mine to the end of each with 100% and have no more patience for waiting. Good luck to all and take care. It sued to be "Make Mine Virtual" but now I have to find a new site for such funnery!

Re: New game on the previews! - 11/30/11 11:01 PM

Sadly I think your right, it has been so long since any news has been posted in the forums or on the home site. I prayed LDW would never quit but I guess the time has come. R.I.P LDW cry

Re: New game on the previews! - 11/30/11 11:40 PM

oh no!!!! it can't be...they can't do that to us!...isn't this their main income? if that's so they can't quit...they are just busy raising a family right now....right?

Re: New game on the previews! - 12/01/11 07:15 AM

No word? No progress? Seems to me that alot of assumptions are being made. What I've read on the forum is this:
1. Yes, LDW is working on a new game, a Mystery Game
2. It will likely launch on iOS and Android before desktop.
3. LDW is expanding their Android beta testing team, and they are inviting owners of Android devices (phones and tablets) to join their beta testing program. (Posted Nov. 1, 2011).
4. VV4 for Android is nearly ready for testing.

I thought it unusual for LDW to say that a new game was coming in 2011. In 2010 they released 2 brand new games, VV4 and VV5 for PC/Mac. I think that is HUGE, and since LDW is a very small company, it's extraordinary!

I remember reading somewhere that LDW doesn't usually give timelines for a new game because anything can happen to push back a release date. I'm sure Arthur, Carla and the rest of the team are working diligently on their many projects, and games will be released after they've been tested and any bugs worked out ("Buggy" games are frustrating for everyone, especially gamers). And I certainly hope that they are taking time to have a life outside of work and enjoy it. After all, tomorrow is promised to no one.

Even though I am a moderator here, I'm expressing my personal opinion as a huge fan of LDW and their games. Have a good day. smile

Re: New game on the previews! - 12/01/11 05:19 PM

yes! exactly...i agree with you kathy.... and like anabel said they have 2 kids! im sure they are very very busy, and its not a huge company like the learning company.... and anyways is it possible for anyone to become a tester for the games on android?

Re: New game on the previews! - 12/01/11 06:38 PM

To become an Android beta tester you need to fit the same criteria as the testers for other platforms. In particular you have to be over 18 and complete the non disclosure agreement. See this post.
Posted by: ILSherry

Re: New game on the previews! - 12/01/11 10:45 PM

Not all of their loyal followers have iOS/Android systems.

It would seem that an update, some kind of information could be provided. As it is, I don't think they care. How hard can it be to post saying something positive? Undexpected delay - having a good time - will work on game later

Sorry, I'm tired of checking and checking and - nothing.
Posted by: esther1981

Re: New game on the previews! - 12/02/11 02:18 AM

I love LDW and will never give up on them until I hear from Arthur or Carla themselves that the company has shut down. Not every game company is big enough and financially stable enough to release a game every 6 months. Have faith LDW fans, everything is ok! laugh

Re: New game on the previews! - 12/02/11 06:53 AM

In defense of LDW, everybody gets so excited about a new game that they are probably laying low.

Arthur has been posting on Twitter and Facebook when one of the games comes out on a new platform.iOS/Android must be a good source of revenue for any game company.FT,PT,VF and VV1,2,3,4,5 are finished games and probably new for most people.

Remember when a game was $19.99? I do and the current plans at Big Fish and other portals that have new games for $6.99 have got to put a strain on small studios.I bought a mah jong game on Big Fish today for $2.99.

Don't give up on LDW.Watch a movie,find a different game,teach your dog chess.I'll buy the new game from LDW directly when it comes out and make sure they get the biggest cut of my money.

I think I'll start a new game of Fish Tycoon and breed pretty fish.And I'll shut up.

Re: New game on the previews! - 12/02/11 06:50 PM

thanks Arnie!
anabel...im so going to teach my dog chess!...that or how to take care of PT for me while im gone wink
i agree with every person above me...and all the worriers? stop worrying... there will be word eventually, they just wouldn't let all they're fans high and dry..

Re: New game on the previews! - 12/05/11 08:48 PM

I agree that they shouldn't specify a release date (I'd rather not know than get all excited and maybe be disappointed ;)) but I'm with ILSherry. I'm very happy to wait without nagging so long as I know there's something to wait for and that LDW haven't abandoned the Mystery Game, but I don't much like being left in a vacuum for so long. At the very least, someone from LDW could tell us whether the game is still being worked on.

Re: New game on the previews! - 12/07/11 02:22 AM

Perhaps it will help if I simply say that the game is still being worked on, and the comments that Arthur made at the end of May are still valid (despite the fact that he has been too busy to put any teasers here for everyone to gaze at and talk about). smile

Re: New game on the previews! - 12/08/11 02:39 AM

Barbara,Thanks for the update

Re: New game on the previews! - 12/08/11 06:25 AM

Originally Posted By: LadyCFII
Perhaps it will help if I simply say that the game is still being worked on, and the comments that Arthur made at the end of May are still valid (despite the fact that he has been too busy to put any teasers here for everyone to gaze at and talk about). smile

Hurray!! Thank you Barbara! See guys?! laugh

Re: New game on the previews! - 12/11/11 07:41 PM

Thank you.

Re: New game on the previews! - 12/12/11 07:54 PM

LDW isnt dead after all! Thank you so much Barbara! laugh
Posted by: Hugo2424

Re: New game on the previews! - 12/17/11 12:18 AM

when the preview page first had the game i was so excited but then months later i saw nothing new had come out so i stopped looking at the preview page.

Theres still a few weeks of 2011 left

Re: New game on the previews! - 12/17/11 03:33 AM

I agree. But maybe, hopefully, before 2011 ends, they'll at least give us a hint? I think I can still wait until then smile Thank you LDW smile

Re: New game on the previews! - 12/17/11 09:17 AM

Originally Posted By: TG3
I agree. But maybe, hopefully, before 2011 ends, they'll at least give us a hint? I think I can still wait until then smile Thank you LDW smile

yes i would like one picture or even a sentence saying whats the game like and when it will be finshied
Posted by: Kibirah

Re: New game on the previews! - 12/23/11 09:35 PM

At first I checked the LDW site regularly, but earlier this year I just stopped because there were no updates...I popped on today to see if there was ANY word on the new game and I'm more than a little surprised that nothing has changed in all these months frown If we could just get *something*...is it a Tycoon, a Virtual ____, something new altogether? Just some little hint, please?

As it is, I doubt I'll be checking anymore. There's just no point to it. I'll wait until it comes out on BigFish or one of the other sites.
Posted by: swedane

Re: New game on the previews! - 12/26/11 03:18 PM

Came to see if the Mystery game had stopped being a mystery?
shocked ... The progress bar hasn't moved since last December. Did someone forget to reset it?

December 28, 2010
New LDW game coming in 2011

Re: New game on the previews! - 12/26/11 07:37 PM

Actually, it hasn't moved since maybe February or March.

Still, I agree, more info would be cool. Maybe they'll release new years eve? Theres less than a week left of 2011.

Mystery Game - 01/01/12 07:08 AM

Doesn't look like the game is here yet. Happy New Year everyone.

Re: New game on the previews! - 01/01/12 12:41 PM

Actually, it hasn't moved since maybe February or March.

Still, I agree, more info would be cool. Maybe they'll release new years eve? Theres less than a week left of 2011.
So much for that thought! whistle

Re: New game on the previews! - 01/01/12 11:34 PM

Well, promises/deadlines come and go. Wonder if we will get any updates this month? This quarter? I am tired of repeatedly checking for an update. Know you all are busy, but can't you at least let us know what platform will be released? A hint as to what the new game is about? Anything??????????????????

I'm in withdrawal.

Re: New game on the previews! - 01/01/12 11:58 PM

You might try signing up for e-mail notifications via the Previews Page. smile

Re: New game on the previews! - 01/02/12 12:42 AM

I have. I have never received an update there.

Re: New game on the previews! - 01/02/12 02:07 AM

Email notifications are working correctly.

However, many email providers block email from LDW. You might wish to determine if your provider blocks LDW email or perhaps sign up with another email address that won't block the notification.

Re: New game on the previews! - 01/03/12 11:22 AM

Same problem here and one that could easily be corrected!

LDWs mail server's IP address does not match the sending domain. It is therefore the receiving mail servers treat LDWs mail as SPAM. It doesn't get blocked.

Re: New game on the previews! - 01/03/12 09:09 PM

Email notifications are working correctly.

However, many email providers block email from LDW. You might wish to determine if your provider blocks LDW email or perhaps sign up with another email address that won't block the notification.

Have you guys sent an email recently? I haven't gotten any from LDW.

@swedane: Not sure how that would work?....

I'll sign up again though and put the LDW email on the safe list if it isn't already, just in case.

Re: New game on the previews! - 01/03/12 09:37 PM

I've received the e-mail notifications when a new game has been released. smile

Re: New game on the previews! - 01/04/12 04:46 AM

Confirmed the emails only go out when the game is released.

Re: New game on the previews! - 01/08/12 12:53 AM

when will the game be released!

Re: New game on the previews! - 01/08/12 03:16 AM

Originally Posted By: Hugo2424

Nobody knows...
Posted by: txmom2

Re: New game on the previews! - 01/08/12 06:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Hugo2424

Supposedly, in 2011. So much for that.

Also, I'm just pointing something out, not trying to offend anyone or anything, but I just checked, and Arthur's last post on the forums was in a thread similar to this ("LDW dying out?"), on 06/01/11, saying,
Quote:
I will make the boys work for LDW as soon as they are old enough to be useful. LOL.

I will try hard not to be a stranger, and I'll get some hints or previews together asap. smile
eek
Again, just pointing something out.
Posted by: pippionesock

Re: New game on the previews! - 01/09/12 06:26 PM

I have been checking every few weeks to see if anything new has been added. I am still waiting, like everyone else. I checked a few other pages like News and noticed nothing is changed there either. I hope that all is well in the teams lives and will continue to check and hope to see a new game. Until then I will start another VV1 tribe, it has been awhile smile
Peace to all

Re: New game on the previews! - 01/10/12 01:21 AM

Quote:
...in a thread similar to this ("LDW dying out?")...

Eek. Sorry about that, I had a moment and I thought I was posting on "What happened to the forums?" or something like that. (Which is kind of what this thread has turned into...) Sorry for the confusion.

Re: New game on the previews! - 01/12/12 01:01 PM

I had to change to gmail in order to receive mail from LDW. Our server does NOT block LDW's mail, it gets listed as SPAM.

@smjjames, it's not something you can change, only LDW can change how their mail server operates.
Posted by: chrystalmythlove

Re: New game on the previews! - 01/13/12 06:08 PM

what happened to the mystery game is it ever going to come out and where is vv6 have you decided not make any more games?

Re: New game on the previews! - 01/14/12 06:17 PM

@swedane: I believe I have gotten emails from LDW before, but I went and put @ldw into the safelist just to be sure.

@chrystal: Maybe the mystery game is VV6 and they have been plenty busy by word of Barbara and Heather. I can't answer for why they haven't updated or given any teasers.

Re: New game on the previews! - 01/15/12 06:07 PM

The old saying is "No news is good news." Now that may apply to some things still, however, I don't believe this is one of those things. While I am no expert and I am not a programmer or developer, I do know that writing programs takes an enormous amount of time. I also realize that LDW is a small company and 2 small children can keep you very busy. I really didn't expect the game to come out in 2011 although I hoped it would...a whole new game takes time to do. The only update Arthur has given us said that it would probably be released on android 1st and while I was a bit disappointed by this I accepted it complaining about it wouldn't help. I used to visit every couple of days to check for progress or news, than slipped to weekly, than to 2 or 3 times a month. When I saw that they were looking for beta testers who owned androids I was excited but that was shortlived as there was no progress on the preview page. The bar hasn't moved a bit in nearly a year, there haven't been the promised updates or hints, the games name hasn't been announced. Come on let us know something.

Arthur, Carla we your loyal fans love you could you please give us something on the mystery game. Any thing would be better than this limbo we are in now.

I will always be a loyal fan of LDW and when the new game is finally released it will join the rest of my Ldw games in my favorites folder on my desktop for easy access.

Keep up the good work.

Later guys.
Posted by: leecie

Re: New game on the previews! - 01/16/12 06:20 AM

I am curious as to what happened to the shout box. Any news as to when a new VV game might be coming out???

Re: New game on the previews! - 01/16/12 06:46 PM

I actually had a dream that the shout box came back, and I actually was using it. I don't really remember what happened, but I vaguely remembered that Xay and a few other people were there.

There's a pretty long disscusion about the shout box in this thread: http://www.ldwforums.com/ubbthreads/ubbt...an=4#Post225073
Posted by: Mike Brannon

Re: New game on the previews! - 01/23/12 02:27 PM

I take it that the new game won't be coming out any time soon, seeing that it has been about a year now and still nothing.

Re: New game on the previews! - 01/23/12 07:54 PM

Looks that way. Barbara did say earlier in this thread (P9) that the game was still being worked on and that Arthur was too busy to post any more information or screenshots. However, Arthur himself promised a hint 'soon', and that was at the end of May last year (P2 of the LDW dying out thread...sorry, I have no idea how to embed links here!)

The Previews page is still promising a new game in 2011 and the progress bar hasn't moved at all. There's been absolutely no updates and no information. I'll keep checking back because I do like LDW games, but as far as the release of the Mystery Game goes, I've now reached the point where I'll believe it when I see it. Shame.
Posted by: samsam101

Re: New game on the previews! - 01/24/12 11:00 PM

What is this new game people have talked about it 2 year ago and it still hasn't come out but I could actually be a mystery game , not for us a mystery because we don't know what it is but a mystery game also it could be a finding game because those games are a big hit at the moment !!

Sammy

Re: New game on the previews! - 01/25/12 08:22 AM

Originally Posted By: JudasFm

The Previews page is still promising a new game in 2011

Lol, there's no chance of that one happening. Here is my feelings on it. I love LDW, they were the very first game company I ever fell in love with, I have very fond memories of the fun I've had playing their games. I still have faith in the company and Arthur and Carla themselves. I will never stop believing in them. I also understand that with 2 small kids, the economy etc it's probably very difficult for them. Does that mean I'm going to stop coming here and being a part of this wonderful forum? No way. I may not be as active as I used to be, and I already explained that on another thread, but I still play some of my favorite LDW games now and then and I still pop in here every now and then. Arthur, Carla, Barbara, and the rest of the awesome people that work for this company, I love you guys and have all the faith in the world that the mystery game will be as awesome as your previous games, if not more awesome! laugh That's just my opinion of course lol.

Re: New game on the previews! - 01/25/12 06:18 PM

Ever since 2010, almost every day I had been checking this site for any changes. I hadn't realized until now that it became a habit of mine. smile

Re: New game on the previews! - 01/26/12 08:39 AM

I'm pretty good at waiting.

eg i waited atleast 3 years for Age of War 2 i checked everyday and when it came out i realised something it wasn't that good!
Posted by: Britney

Re: New game on the previews! - 01/28/12 01:22 AM

Maybe this game will come around soon. :3
Posted by: chrystalmythlove

Re: New game on the previews! - 01/29/12 04:34 PM

Still waiting and hoping that the mystery game will come out soon but the progress bar never moves so i am beginning to think the game is never going to come out but i know they will eventually get it together and the game will be here but the wait stinks

Re: New game on the previews! - 01/31/12 05:37 PM

Could you guys at least update the progress page?
Posted by: Pliri

Re: New game on the previews! - 01/31/12 11:34 PM

I just wonder how many loyal fans you have lost by poor judgement to post a mystery game so far in advance. I do hope you have learned from your mistake ... :-)

I understand there are more lucrative sources out there now, such as android, etc., and totally understand the pursuit of quicker revenue. However, "busy" is really not an understandable reason to not post a message that takes 1 or 2 minutes to write.

I hope the babies are well and that we will hear something new soon. Thank you.
Posted by: aliah

Re: New game on the previews! - 02/01/12 02:21 AM

Can't wait for the new Mystry game to appear, but I know it's going to be fab. LDW always turns out great games, love all the VV games and also the VF. Was sort of hopin for a VF 2, or a VV 6, It's hard to wait but worth it in the end.

aliah

Re: New game on the previews! - 02/01/12 10:52 PM

I expect to one day arrive here and see that the game is finished, now that is an exciting thought. In the meanwhile I will wait and watch,

aliah

Re: New game on the previews! - 02/02/12 02:50 AM

I wish if they aren't going to finish developing the mystery game that they at least take it off the preview list. It is sad that it has been there for almost 2 years and not even an update on it's progress.

Re: New game on the previews! - 02/02/12 05:19 AM

Hi Mike, well you know that it's a very small company there are only people working on the games thats a lot of data to complete a game. I suppose that with all that is going on beside the work on the game no one has had time to update. That takes time too.

Still I think that the game will be finished at some point and we will get to see it then. We just have to wait a while longer than we may want.

Aliah

Re: New game on the previews! - 02/02/12 09:42 AM

Originally Posted By: aliah
Hi Mike, well you know that it's a very small company there are only people working on the games thats a lot of data to complete a game. I suppose that with all that is going on beside the work on the game no one has had time to update. That takes time too.

Still I think that the game will be finished at some point and we will get to see it then. We just have to wait a while longer than we may want.

Aliah

I have been a member here for a few years now and it has never taken this long before. Also it only takes a few minutes to type up an update to let people know what is going on.

Re: New game on the previews! - 02/02/12 12:01 PM

i think in more then 1 year they would have done atleast 60% of the game and thought of the title. BUT i do understand that because its a new game altogether it might take longer

Re: New game on the previews! - 02/02/12 06:39 PM

alright,
Mike, Aliah.....lets not fight.....however Mike it has only been a bit over a year since they announced the mystery game...not 2 years....I will agree that there hasn't been much of anything in a very long time...LDW has been extremely quiet on things...unlike before when the shout box was here there was always someone around or coming around....but that has all changed and all we can do is be patient....i am sure it meant something when they asked for beta testers with android devices and Arthur did say the mystery game would probably release on android first....so step back take a breath and hopefully Arthur, Carla or someone from LDW will give us some type of an update soon...

Re: New game on the previews! - 02/02/12 10:37 PM

MMm you missunderstand we are not fighting, just exchanging opinions, is that ok with everyone?

I understand Mike how you feel, sigh we just don't know what is going on behind the scenes. I hope everything is OK. It's hard to wait, I'm not very good at but I try.

Your right Hugo, it just might take longer. Not being a programer myself I don't know but it sounds like a fun thing to do. To create games that people love, how exciting.

aliah

Re: New game on the previews! - 02/03/12 03:58 AM

I understand that it takes time to create a new game, that is not my problem. My concern is the fact that no one has even taken the time to write and at least say thank you for being patient. I don't think that is to much to ask.
We are all good loyal members and deserve that much.
Posted by: nessakae

losing hope in LDW - 02/04/12 09:13 AM

it's been said many times before in these forums but i must comment on it still. from VV1 i was hooked on LDW and i flocked to this site along with many other fans for several years, checking the update page on past games with OCD style regularity sometimes.
i was SO VERY excited to see a mystery game listed one day and for over a year i again checked this site so many times. nothing. for quite a long time. deadlines come and gone without a peep to the fans of the games on the official LDW games site. (dont talk to me about what may have been said on twitter and whatnot...i'm here on the games' official site...where is the info?!)
well, maybe "true believer" type fans are what is needed to keep the hope alive. and i have so enjoyed these games i'm sure i will continue to check. i know they are just games but hey, i miss em!! please, anyone with current info, just a little update would be very much appreciated

Re: New game on the previews! - 02/04/12 12:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Mike Brannon
I understand that it takes time to create a new game, that is not my problem. My concern is the fact that no one has even taken the time to write and at least say thank you for being patient. I don't think that is to much to ask.
We are all good loyal members and deserve that much.

My sentiments exactly. Like you said, no matter how long it takes them to make each game, it can't take more than a few minutes for someone from LDW to log in and say, "This is what the game's going to be about and here is a screenshot to tantalize you and keep you going until it's released."

Re: losing hope in LDW - 02/04/12 05:47 PM

Originally Posted By: nessakae
what may have been said on twitter and whatnot...

Actually, if you look at the sidepanels for Facebook and Twitter, it appears that the last tweet was 50 days ago, and the last Facebook post was on December 16. I may be wrong, because I don't go on those websites, but still. It doesn't seem like there's been recent updates there either. Just saying.

Re: losing hope in LDW - 02/04/12 11:29 PM

hey give them a chance maybe they are done!

Re: losing hope in LDW - 02/04/12 11:35 PM

Done with what? If they were done with the game, they would've posted an update by now, don't you think? If they were done with making games (which I certainly hope they aren't), again, wouldn't they have said something?

Re: New game on the previews! - 02/05/12 06:21 AM

LDW Team enjoy their jobs. They are happy people. All of us that are so anxious that we are making negative statements and being rather grouchy about things probably do not enjoy our jobs as much. I say LDW Team you take your time, you enjoy your days, fill your lives with joy and love and when you can give me some more villagers to play with fantastic. Until then....Blessed Be
Posted by: Becca123

Re: New game on the previews! - 02/05/12 08:20 AM

I am sure LDW are working very hard on the new game, although I'll admit that it is a little bit difficult to be patient after waiting for more than a year with hardly any updates. I'm sure it wouldn't take long for somebody to post an update or a screenshot of the game to keep us fans happy. Even a message saying that the game is still being worked on would be very reassuring.

Hang in there, everyone. I'm sure they will deliver us an awesome new game eventually. smile

Re: losing hope in LDW - 02/05/12 06:00 PM

They're busy with life.

Re: losing hope in LDW - 02/06/12 04:09 AM

1.They're porting their stuff to the Android and iDevices.
2.They've got like two kids.

Re: New game on the previews! - 02/07/12 12:21 AM

Well yea, but it only takes five minutes to post something on the forums.

What Becca said. Plus it's been so long since an update on the mystery game that some info would be cool.

I can be patient and wait longer, but like everybody else, I'm itching for any updates on this.

Re: New game on the previews! - 02/08/12 09:12 AM

I understand that they have personal lives too, but if you are going to have a company you need to keep your loyal fans and members happy too. Without us they wouldn't have a company.

Re: New game on the previews! - 02/09/12 02:41 AM

Methinks someone should check the Previews Page. I know I'm overjoyed with what I saw there! laugh

Re: New game on the previews! - 02/09/12 03:02 AM

I would check it if I could find it. How do you find the Preview page?

Re: New game on the previews! - 02/09/12 03:07 AM

Click here (or through the LDW link in the column on the left) and hover over the Preview tab to see clickable links to the goodies. smile

Re: New game on the previews! - 02/09/12 04:41 AM

Two new games! :3

I'm really pleased, and thanks for updating the preview pages. c:

Re: New game on the previews! - 02/09/12 07:15 AM

Just the usual, like everyday, I check the previews page even though not much has changed.. but just now I checked and I screamed! See, waiting does pay off eventually in most situations, not one, but TWO games are almost completed! Thank you LDW!! smile

Re: New game on the previews! - 02/09/12 07:24 AM

I know! Isn't it awesome? My dream come true... Virtual Families 2!!! laugh laugh laugh

Re: New game on the previews! - 02/09/12 01:26 PM

Fantastic! laugh laugh laugh Thank you so much LDW; I can't wait until they're ready to play! cool
Posted by: TheGnome

Re: New game on the previews! - 02/09/12 08:30 PM

YAY!!!! VF2 Our Dream House!!! I just KNEW LDW wouldn't disappoint us!! laugh

Re: New game on the previews! - 02/09/12 10:35 PM

I was really hoping for a Plant Tycoon 2, but a Virtual Families 2 is certainly going to be a wonderful new addition to the LDW collection.

Re: New game on the previews! - 02/10/12 12:17 AM

I just screamed.

I am soo happy right now! Yayayay!

I always wanted them to make a version of Little Pocket Pet for computers! And VF2 will be nice too.

Guess I'd better hurry if I'm going to complete my goal of finishing all the VV games so far before the next LDW game comes out... lol.
Posted by: Pliri

Re: New game on the previews! - 02/10/12 03:23 AM

Lovely, lovely surprise to get 2 games in development at 80% completion. When Virtual Families was first announced, I didn't think I would like it, but I now play it again and again and again.

This is the beauty of LDW games ... they are replayable with new goals and new characters.

Thanks you, guys ...

Now .... I'm predicting at 80%, with past experience, maybe we will have this by the end of the summer?

Keep up the good work!

Re: New game on the previews! - 02/10/12 04:52 AM

Umm, whose summer?? It is the last month of summer here in Aussieland!! laugh

I was so excited I missed 'Lonely Pets' first time around. They say that it is a revamp of a classic LDW game. Has anyone else ever heard of it or played it?? Can't wait to see that one. laugh

Re: New game on the previews! - 02/10/12 05:47 AM

It's a 21st century remake of Little Pocket Pet, which was available for Palm OS devices of the 90s and early 00s. laugh

My favorite pet in that game was a "mutant" pet named Carla (really, that was the name that the game assigned to 'her'). I'll try to dig up a screen shot of her (she was pink and white, if I remember right), and post her here. laugh

Re: New game on the previews! - 02/10/12 09:30 AM

Well while I was hoping for a totally new game not another chapter to an existing game...which is what mystery game implied to me....I totally look forward to VF 2....I am running out of games to play as yesterday I finished vv5 for the 6th time...and my families are still going...although when I have all the upgrades and collections and trophies complete I do start that family over...so I have families in generation one up to generation 31...am looking forward to this game doing my happy dance....Not so sure about lonely pets although I will give it a try because I just love all the LDW games and want my collection to be complete....Hopefully we can get a sneak peek with some screenies soon it has been such a long wait....Love You All at LDW.

Re: New game on the previews! - 02/10/12 06:25 PM

I'm looking forward to playing VF2 as well, but am a little dubious about Lonely Pets, though. It doesn't really sound like my kind of thing.

Re: New game on the previews! - 02/10/12 10:03 PM

Thank you Barbara - that game sounds charming. I'm sure Lexie won't mind my having another pet!! laugh And I love the sound of Carla - pink is my favourite colour. wink

Re: New game on the previews! - 02/11/12 12:38 AM

I think I am going to love Lonely Pets. smile The little pet on the Previews Page looks like a mousecat.

The one thing I'm wondering about though - why is it called Lonely Pets? Were they all alone before and now we have to take care of them or something? :P

Re: New game on the previews! - 02/11/12 02:50 AM

I would just like to say sorry to LDW for complaining for not making their games quick enough. You have TWO games being made at once! wow laugh

Re: New game on the previews! - 02/11/12 03:59 AM

Can't wait fot the new games.Thanks for the update!

Re: New game on the previews! - 02/11/12 11:11 PM

You're in luck, Jen! I found the screen shots of "Carla" from the summer of 2005, and here "she" is!! (Of course, these are old Palm OS images and very primitive graphics by today's standards!) The reason that this kind of pet is called a mutant is that all of the body parts are supposed to "match" each other, but occasionally the game puts together totally random body parts, creating a mutant. grin

P.S. If you open the image in another browser tab, you'll be able to see it in its original size, for full appreciation of Carla's attributes! laugh

Re: New game on the previews! - 02/11/12 11:47 PM

Cute! LOL! I wonder if they'll be anything like the GigaPet or the Tomagotchi (my son had both when he was a child and of course I loved taking care of them when he was at school).

Re: New game on the previews! - 02/12/12 12:12 AM

Carla (the Pocket Pet) looks like Neapolitan ice cream! laugh

Re: New game on the previews! - 02/12/12 01:15 AM

Arthur called her, and I quote, "it's a pink and white freak!!" He and Carla (the real person, not the LPP) were cracking up over her! laugh

The odds of a mutant are only about 1 in a 1000, but the odds of a mutant named Carla, according to Arthur are about 1 in 50,000 (or so). The odds of getting a Neapolitan ice cream mutant named Carla have to be astronomical!

Re: New game on the previews! - 02/12/12 04:04 AM

Aaaaaaw, she is So cute Barbara - I just love the tail. lol laugh

Does the new game have 'mutants'?? Or is that giving the game away, so to speak?? wink

That attachment wouldn't allow me to open in another tab but I emailed it to myself and saw Carla in all her glory!! laugh laugh

Still can't get over that string-of-Maltesers tail. rofl.

Thank you Barbara. <3 <3 <3

Re: New game on the previews! - 02/12/12 11:08 AM

Carla is adorable. wonder if they'll only live in their own "home" or will be able to visit us while we're doing other things on the pc.Maybe hang out and help me while I'm shopping.

It looks like "Pocket Pets" had hand drawn yards back in 2005.I look forward to seeing the new graphics.
Posted by: Caristiona

Re: New game on the previews! - 02/14/12 04:29 AM

Daughter and I had to hold in the screams of joy when we saw the previews!!

Cannot wait for either game!!

Re: New game on the previews! - 02/15/12 12:15 AM

Yeah Yeah Yeah. I am so happy to have news of the games coming out. Saving up my pennies now since I have 2 to buy smile Thanks so much Team LDW

Re: New game on the previews! - 02/16/12 06:23 AM

See? I knew LDW would reward us for our patience! VF was really fun, wonder what VF2 will be like? I know it'll be fun lol. Lonely Pets, not to sure about that one but hey, LDW is making it so I'm sure it will be phenomenal!! laugh

Re: New game on the previews! - 02/17/12 12:16 AM

Originally Posted By: arnie
I'm looking forward to playing VF2 as well, but am a little dubious about Lonely Pets, though. It doesn't really sound like my kind of thing.

I'm with you, Arnie, on both counts. Although, it's nice to see there'll be something for all to enjoy!

Re: New game on the previews! - 02/17/12 02:22 PM

I've never really seen the attraction of Tamagochi-type pets although I must admit to never having tried one. Who knows, I might get hooked?

I suppose, though, that in a way, the VV and VF games are really based on that sort of game with the added complications of the fact that we are looking after more than one - over 100 in the case of some VV games - and the addition of puzzles/challenges. We look after our villagers/families, and feed them, teach them, and so on. We tend to care about what happens to the peeps, are sad when they die, and our proud of them when they succeed. The two Tycoon games are also variations on the theme, with the addition of trying to make money (and solving puzzles, etc.)

I'll certainly give Lonely Pets a try, just because it's from LDW, even if I don't end up buying it.
Posted by: sherilee2004

Re: New game on the previews! - 02/17/12 04:02 PM

I am looking forward too both!! Now dare I ask when we might expect one of the games lol!!! 80% is pretty close wink
Posted by: Joine The Great

Re: New game on the previews! - 02/17/12 09:53 PM

As soon as I saw Lonely Pets, I got excited! I hope it might be similar to Little Pocket/Palm Pet, a game I REALLY wanted to own.

Virtual Families 2, it sounds nice. But I can barely win VF1! >_<

EDIT: I read Lady's post that it is a remake of LPP which excites me more!!! Can't wait!!!

Re: New game on the previews! - 02/18/12 04:54 PM

Ooh, do I see a shiny VF2 on the preview page? Yes I do. Good timing, I was just starting to play VF again... I wonder what they'll be able to improve in VF2.

LP sounds pretty sweet too!
Posted by: Annadae

Re: New game on the previews! - 02/18/12 10:28 PM

I'm so excited for VF 2. I hope the iPhone/iPod version release is simultaneous with the PC one......if not, I'll keep entertained with the PC one until it does. laugh Anyone know how much longer until it comes out? 80% seems pretty far, but idk...O:
Posted by: Antheia

Re: New game on the previews! - 02/19/12 01:38 AM

Wow, it's great that LDW's hard work has paid off- with two new games! From what I can see with all the buzz, Virtual Families is getting great expectations, and the Lonely Pets is generating an interest also.
I've been checking once every other week for updates, and now I've finally come back to the forum (: Can't wait to buy those games!

Re: New game on the previews! - 02/20/12 05:23 PM

Just a note of caution to some folks not to get too excited - yet.

The games are at 80% complete which means they still have a fifth of their development to go. I haven't seen anything to say they're in beta testing yet, and I doubt they would be; from past experience games have reached 90% or so before they're released to beta. They could well be a couple of months in beta testing as well. All in all, we've still got a few months to wait before the games are ready for release.

That said, there's a good chance that Arthur or Carla will take pity on us and show us some screenshots or even videos of early versions. HINT HINT... laugh

Re: New game on the previews! - 04/02/12 04:09 PM

I was thinking the same thing Arnie, Please, pretty please, can we see a screenshot smile
Posted by: renaweir

Re: New game on the previews! - 04/04/12 07:23 AM

Looking forward to both new games even if I have to wait a while.
Posted by: VFladyaddict2010

Re: New game on the previews! - 04/14/12 11:45 PM

:)so happy can't wait for vf 2. i notice new mods for families to i got work cut out for me looking at all of it an using. i been sick for a long time an just now getting back on pc quiet regularly. oh boy i'm so excited about all of this many thanks to staff an others for all this so we can enjoy so much. i'll probably get hooked in an not leave forum for few days have done it before an on game. it all part of addiction lol! love this site an the people an games. laterz all c ya in forum. such great peeps here. best forum i've seen yet to belong to. grin
Posted by: kittycats

Re: New game on the previews! - 04/16/12 07:08 PM

I also can't wait til the new VF2 comes out i have been waiting
for this and i would love to buy the game.

Re: New game on the previews! - 04/16/12 08:57 PM

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! VF2! wow im so happy ^.^ ahhh...sweet relif..i dont have to speculate anymore
Posted by: delphi33

Re: New game on the previews! - 04/18/12 05:43 AM

I am starting to check almost everyday for some kind of update on the status... Please throw me a little bone?

Re: New game on the previews! - 04/18/12 05:20 PM

I'd like to know whether LDW are aiming to release VF2 and Lonely Pets at the same time or whether they're concentrating on one first.

I also humbly request that if LDW are kind enough to give us a screenshot that it be placed inside a spoiler tag; I like to be completely surprised by games laugh
Posted by: Tabitha482

Re: New game on the previews! - 04/18/12 09:25 PM

They posted a screen shot of VF2 on facebook! you can see it on their page there. laugh

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 04/18/12 11:15 PM

I'll put another one here, too. I do apologize to JudasFm (look away now), but we really don't want to hide our news about upcoming games, since the overwhelming majority of our fans want to see everything we are willing to show them (and more)!

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 04/19/12 01:02 AM

A decor button! Does that mean we get to decorate our own house? That's so cool!

I also would like to know which game you're putting most priority on, or if you're aiming to release them at the same time.

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 04/19/12 01:09 AM

Thank you Lady! Cant wait!!!

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 04/19/12 03:25 AM

we really don't want to hide our news about upcoming games, since the overwhelming majority of our fans want to see everything we are willing to show them (and more)!

Okay, I understand wink And thanks to your warning, I was able to avert my eyes in time, so I guess that makes everyone happy laugh
Posted by: renaweir

Re: New game on the previews! - 04/19/12 03:47 AM

I am excited about the 2 new games on the previews page. Hope to see them soon.

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 04/19/12 03:50 AM

I was hoping that the little warning was a good compromise. I don't want to spoil anyone's fun (not for the people who want to see nor the people who don't). YAY! We're all happy! laugh

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 04/19/12 08:59 PM

Thanks you Lady! thats so neat-o smile im so happy today! a VF screenshot, and a book i've been waiting on for like...EVER!

Anywho back to relevant things wink

When will VF2 be coming out? just a reletave guess...i'd say around my birthday wink september 8th...which would be totally awesome!
Posted by: BayouBlonde

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 04/19/12 10:08 PM

Hi Barbara! Xay! and Arthur (if you still read the forums!) Hello arnie and Kathy too! It's nice to see so many familiar faces still here. I heard a rumor that VF2 was coming to beta soon so I thought I'd pop in and check it out. wink It seems to be perfect timing for me. Recently I had gotten into modding for some other games (like Skyrim, if I can say that here >.> ) and had ventured out into scripting and things that were beginning to make my head hurt. After working on some skins there I realized I was missing the type of simple image modding that I had done here - fun, quick and very rewarding.

So sorry to hear about the forum crash - many thanks to Barbara and Xay for not letting my posts die. I'm very busy lately but if I have any free time I will try to update the links in some of them.

My VF families are still alive and going strong, although I deleted a couple of users so I could replay all the trophies again, as a refresher. The previews for VF2 are exciting! I'm loving the idea of construction and individualized decor. Hopefully it will still be as easy (if not easier *hint hint*) to add our own mods as well. Custom floor tiles, wall patterns, and decorative items are already going through my mind just from looking at the preview! Will I still be able to use my foods!?! hehe

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 04/19/12 10:36 PM

*gasp* Legends appear before my eyes!!!
Hi! Im crystal you probably have no clue who i am.....hehe but I LOVE YOUR MODS! im using the DR. pepper groceries mod and Canadian dinner right now...i love mods ^.^

Skyrim?! you have mods for skyrim?? ill have to check that out wink

Ugh...the crash was frightful, i left for a while because of it!

Im just having a long post because IM EXCITED TO BE TALKING TO BAYOU BLONDE! go ahead and call me crazy...

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 04/19/12 10:51 PM

Aww blush
Hiya Crystal - very nice to meet you! I'm honored that you recognize my name and it makes me very happy to know that my mods are still being enjoyed by lil families!

Yeah, I made a few mods for Skyrim - mostly quests, because the game ended too soon for me. And (being the girl that I am) I had to make an armor skin mod STAT. hehe I was seriously missing the type of mods I'd done here and am soooo looking forward to seeing what we'll be able to do with VF2. It's a great thing that so many developers are beginning to realize that letting players mod is a GOOD thing and keeps us interested in the game for so much longer.

Btw, my birthday is September 7th (one day before yours) and I'm hoping for a beta release then! *giggles*

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 04/19/12 11:01 PM

Ohhhh thats so true, i wanted it to keep going! cuz its just that awesome....

Yeah finally. i think VF would be boring because the rooms all stay exactly the same! other than upgrades but even then it doesn't let you change the main living areas...i was so happy the day i figured out how to do mods...and the food they have, what is it?? salads and salmon or sumthing?

SERIOUSLY??? wow...thats so cool! laugh im like...YAY!! hehe..

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 04/19/12 11:03 PM

Do my eyes deceive me?!?!? BB! You're baaaaaaaack! It's great to see you here again, along with many, many others who are starting to trickle in as news about our new games starts to make waves! I hope you will check in more often and keep tabs on what's going on here. We're excited about VF2 also - maybe even more than our fans are! laugh blush

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 04/20/12 02:07 AM

Hi BayouBlonde!!! I saw you on yesterday and tried to send you a PM because I was sooooo very excited to see you back I wanted to welcome you personally!!!!!! WELCOME BACK!!! grin laugh smile laugh grin

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 04/20/12 02:51 AM

YAY!! lets have a party! more people AND new games??? calls for celebration in MY book smile

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 04/20/12 02:00 PM

*hugggggs* Barb & Kathy!! Thanks so much for the warm welcome! I've missed you guys!! *tacklehugs for Xay too!!*

@Kathy: My message box was quite full when I returned and I still haven't completely cleared it out. Sorry. heh But thank you for trying!

I must say that LDW is sooo lucky to have such an awesome staff. Having spent some time in other games and working with other companies' forum mods, customer service reps, in-game mods, etc. the folks here are outstanding! I don't know how Arthur makes his hiring decisions but whatever he's doing should be patented. Tell him you all deserve pay raises! :P

@Barbara: I am pretty busy irl too, but plan to check in fairly regularly and I'm certainly keeping an eye out for news from LDW. I still need to buy the latest VV *hangs head* but VF has always been my favorite! I know you're getting to play around with VF2 and I'm so jealous I'm turning green. I'm sure you all will make it awesome for us, but if you need any extra help finding bugs... *giggles*

I hope we see more of the old familiar faces returning as news of the new release gets out. It would be awesome to have some of the same folks working on guides & tips for VF2. I'm looking forward to getting to know the new folks as well. laugh

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 04/20/12 03:45 PM

now if i saw Lewanda come on.... shocked i'd scream! lol

I love that im talking with you people! im so glad i checked back ^.^

BB do you know if you have a spaghetti meal mod? i can't seem to find one...i know its kinda off-topic but I NEED HELP!

some faces that'd be fun to see would be *Moonlyght* or Elf-girl or lyrissa! lol im getting WAY off track...

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 04/21/12 02:14 AM

Hi IsolaFlower. BayouBlonde does indeed have a spaghetti mod, it's in Meal Pack 1 (I've provided you with the link). All meal mods can be found in the Meals Listings of the Mod Directory here. Clicking on each link in the individual directory listings will take you to a larger photo and a description of what is in each meal pack. We have an extensive directory for all the fabulous VF Mods here. I hope your peeps enjoy their spaghetti! laugh

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 04/21/12 02:48 AM

Ohhh! thank you! I absolutely couldnt find it!
my peeps love their tropical home ^.^ or at least..i do!
Posted by: JosephineT12

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 04/21/12 04:37 AM

I am with ya MissKathy I so want VF2 It looks so cool in the pictures!!!!!!

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 04/21/12 05:05 AM

You're very welcome IsolaFlower. smile I just used the forums "Search" function, clicked the "Advanced" button, typed in the keyword "spaghetti", clicked on "Virtual Families Mods" as the forum to search, set both "Newer Than" and "Older Than" date ranges to blank, clicked "Submit" and there was the "spaghetti" link. laugh I LOVE the Advanced Search capability!

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 04/21/12 12:31 PM

I wasn't a big vf fan because there wasn't enough peps or things to do but maybe vf2 will be be awesome smile the two pics given make it seem like the house is bigger

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 04/21/12 04:56 PM

I do too!!!...hmm i must not have done it right when i searched the first time ^.^

Yeah, it kjinda looks like its bigger...i hope it is!
Posted by: ajuma

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 04/23/12 04:53 PM

OMG! 2 surprises in one day!! I've just started re-playing Plant Tycoon and popped into the forums for some help and lo and behold!! VF2??!!!!! AND BayouBlonde????!!!!

All I can say is: smile cool

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 04/23/12 05:03 PM

I know right!
Welcome back ajuma! (though i didnt know you before...but still ^.^)
smile cool shocked I am on cloud nine lately because of all the surprises! smile

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 04/24/12 12:31 PM

Ajuma!! It's so nice to see you here! laugh I've picked back up a few LDW games too... but Plant and Fish never could keep my attention for very long. hehe I'm planning to buy VV5 today and I hope it keeps me occupied while we wait for VF2.

I'm so excited about VF2! I'm making a few small mods for VF to get me back into 'mod mode.' I can't stop wondering what changes Arthur & the team will make to the game - I'm sure there will be some that thrill me and some that make me crazy. :P Maybe we should turn this into a 'what will it be?" topic? *giggles*

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 04/25/12 05:11 PM

Welcome back ajuma and BayouBlonde - and anyone else from the "old" days"! Keep posting those screenshots, Barbara, pretty please!

I'm really looking forward to getting my mitts on VV2.

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 04/25/12 11:30 PM

I'm really looking forward to getting my mitts on VV2.

Er, do you mean VF2, arnie?

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 04/26/12 04:08 PM

Whoops. I certainly did! I've had VV2 for several years. In many ways, I like it the best of all the VV series so far.
Posted by: emri

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 04/26/12 10:04 PM

VF2,sure looks good.I will be glad,when it is released.Need to start saving money,to buy it.

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 04/26/12 11:24 PM

:)great preview shot. can't wait to play. does anyone know when it come out in stores? an which stores? this makes me so excited want to get started. like my name says addict VF lol! new fix for me hehe!

Re: the new game on the preview page - 04/27/12 07:13 AM

Talk about dedicated fans.... just step into this here forum. smile Looking at the screenshot; looks like VF1 got a serious makeover! Like the many [older] & familiar fans and newcomers too, I join them all in their excitement of playing VF2.

Re: the new game on the preview page - 04/27/12 10:15 AM

Hi to all old and new friends! I've been bounding through the forums catching up on what's been going on in the year or more since I've been here.

I can't wait for VF2!! I DO hope it comes out in the later part of June though. I'm on vacation for 8 weeks and I'd be able to play for hours and hours non-stop!

And it would be great to see a thread called something like "What do you hope to see in VF2?"

BB: I could never get into Fish Tycoon either but I love cross-breeding the plants!

My poor peeps have been neglected for too long...I think I need to see how they're doing.

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 04/27/12 01:14 PM

Originally Posted By: VFladyaddict2010
:)great preview shot. can't wait to play. does anyone know when it come out in stores? an which stores? this makes me so excited want to get started. like my name says addict VF lol! new fix for me hehe!

If previous releases are anything to go by it won't be released in stores, just online. However, From what I've read, unlike earlier releases, it is likely to be released for the iOS and Android platforms at more or less the same time as the releases for Windows and Mac OS.

LDW (wisely in my opinion) don't usually give out an expected release date. There are just too many things that could go wrong that would delay the release. It's much better to keep people in suspense than possibly having a horde of disappointed fans if something happens and the launch can't take place when expected.
Posted by: kissy06

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 04/27/12 06:37 PM

Can't wait!!! :-D I have a feeling this is a lot like the old saying about how watched pots won't boil... checking twice a day won't actually make it move faster!!!

Re: the new game on the preview page - 04/28/12 02:37 AM

There's a very old thread here when players were hoping for an Expansion Pack for VF. It lists some things they'd like. smile

Re: the new game on the preview page - 04/28/12 09:16 AM

There's also the Virtual Families Suggestions thread. laugh
Posted by: The Chief

Re: the new game on the preview page - 04/28/12 02:10 PM

I can't wait for the new game!

Re: the new game on the preview page - 04/28/12 06:36 PM

There's also the Virtual Families Suggestions thread. laugh

Oh THANKS Xay!! That's the thread that I was looking for!! I know I posted something in it about letting the peeps choose if they want to move to a new house so they could buy all of the upgrades again or to stay in their old house to amass more money. I went through a bunch of my posts and tried to search but couldn't find it. You're an angel!!

Re: the new game on the preview page - 04/28/12 10:39 PM

would be nice for VF 2 to come out around may 12th or in july at least these are important an special months for me. i'm so anxious hehe! can't wait.
Posted by: halidog

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 04/28/12 11:24 PM

Welcome back ajuma and BayouBlonde - and anyone else from the "old" days"!

I'd like to second this, Arnie!
Posted by: spygirl2

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 04/29/12 09:46 PM

I would love to be able to adopt anytime! Also, would love the random heads to be more varied, with the unusual head/hair more readily available. I would love my pets to respond to my attention, and could I have more than one pet at a time? In two of my new families, the tape to fix the hose has not shown up in three generations - please fix. And, fix the end chairs at the kitchen table so that whoever sits there to eat doesn't have to take three times longer to get full!
I love Virtual Families - so much so that I don't play the other hidden object games anymore, and that's saying a lot!

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 05/01/12 11:25 AM

I am very pleased about the VF2 previews!

Nevertheless, we still have to be patient until we can play the game, I think.

I've seen Bayou Blonde is back - wow smile
Posted by: JudeSpokane

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 05/17/12 04:38 PM

I am waiting with breath held for VF2. Since I'm confined to my bed much of the time due to illness, this would help alleviate my boredom. Is there any clue when this will be released? I play VF1and the VV series on my iPad.

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 05/18/12 05:32 AM

i'm anxious to for the new VF2. and i feel your pain an will pray for you jude. i myself am sick all the time an not on pc as often as i used to be. so sick everyday for a long time now. god bless you jude. anyway like i said can't wait till new VF comes though. i love VF.
Posted by: JudeSpokane

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 05/18/12 03:20 PM

Thank you, VFLady. I will pray for you as well.
Posted by: Annthewhofan

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 05/19/12 08:08 PM

Originally Posted By: kissy06
Can't wait!!! :-D I have a feeling this is a lot like the old saying about how watched pots won't boil... checking twice a day won't actually make it move faster!!!

True

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 05/20/12 12:30 AM

Hehehe Ann... it hasn't stopped me from checking though! wink
Posted by: Antheia

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 05/27/12 08:30 PM

I still play VF.. but looking at the screenshots, it looks like a complete step up from the pure wonderfulness of the original. Very excited!! (:
Posted by: VVFanatic

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 05/28/12 04:00 PM

So excited! Now that school is out, I can start playing LDW games again! So Ready for VF2!

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 05/28/12 05:01 PM

I'm probably in a minority, but I'm actually looking forward to Lonely Pets more than VF2 wink

LDW, is there any chance you could tell us whether the games are planned to come out together or one at a time? smile

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 05/28/12 11:39 PM

If so, I am also in a minority. And I'm wondering the same thing. If they're coming out one at a time, which game are you guys at LDW putting more priority on?

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 05/29/12 01:31 PM

Since LDW don't indicate anything about future release dates (with good reason: there's many a slip ...) I'm sure they won't say whether the games are planned to come out together or not, or if they are putting more priority on one game over the other.

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 07/03/12 07:05 PM

Is it possible to show another new screenshot, even a bit of one besides the two that have been shown?
Posted by: Vfplayer

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 07/10/12 10:17 PM

Um I'm new and I was wondering I'm 13 in 2 days can you post a possible release date on vf2 please

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 07/11/12 02:47 AM

We don't have a release date yet. We'll make sure to let everyone know as soon as we have one! laugh

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 07/11/12 04:53 PM

Thank you

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 08/01/12 08:10 PM

How do I get to the preview page? Also, somewhere I saw a picture of the new Virtual Families game with the woman hiring someone to fix her room. How do I see that link?

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 08/01/12 10:20 PM

Go to www.ldw.com, and click on the Previews tab near the center left of the navigation bar along the top.

The photo that you are referring to was shared on our Facebook page, which you can see to the left of the forums (if it is not blocked).

http://www.facebook.com/VirtualVillagers is the link where you can see that photo again. smile

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 08/02/12 05:30 PM

We don't have a release date yet. We'll make sure to let everyone know as soon as we have one! laugh

I keep telling myself that every day brings it nearer and nearer. After all, the Progress Bar's been at 80% for six months...we must be getting close to 81% by now! laugh

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 08/07/12 06:00 PM

I keep telling myself that every day brings it nearer and nearer. After all, the Progress Bar's been at 80% for six months...we must be getting close to 81% by now! laugh

Ha that's funny
Posted by: Annthewhofan

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 09/03/12 10:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Vfplayer

Ha that's funny
Yeah probably may be it well happen one minute it be suddenly wham it 100% wow it well happen maybe when it's unexpected

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 09/04/12 04:37 AM

Six month you say, closer to a year, I believe. I have the sinking feeling it wont be released till 2013. laugh
Posted by: EMMA2424

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 09/04/12 06:36 PM

Originally Posted By: swedane

Six month you say, closer to a year, I believe. I have the sinking feeling it wont be released till 2013. laugh

I agree with you, swedane. I think there is still a good wait ahead. It is always worth the wait in the end, though! smile

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 09/06/12 03:09 AM

The date you see on our Previews page, "February 8, 2012" is the date that the VF2 announcement was posted (not the anticipated release date). We are still not sure of a release date, but we will make it obvious when we have one. We know it's been a long time, but we're working very hard on making the game a good one. smile

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 09/07/12 06:55 PM

At least give us more preview shots. By now, if you do have 80% done, you can give us a new preview shot once a month, and not only on facebook, please. Post one hear once a month. It gives us something to look forward to. Please, please, please. Anyone else agree?

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 09/11/12 07:27 PM

The date you see on our Previews page, "February 8, 2012" is the date that the VF2 announcement was posted (not the anticipated release date). We are still not sure of a release date, but we will make it obvious when we have one. We know it's been a long time, but we're working very hard on making the game a good one. smile
I think most of us are aware that the progress bar represent the announcement date and not the release date!
I also believe it's better not to tell the kids, a year in advance, that they are going to Disney World the following summer. wink
Posted by: Deb1

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 09/12/12 04:06 PM

You would think they would post pics on their ldw pages, not everyone is subscribed to f.b.! and after all, it IS a ldw game, isn't it? I think they are holding out on this 80% thing, just to get more people interested in buying, kinda rude to all the faithful players they have.

after such a long wait , I'm sure this 2nd edition will be a VERY good one, won't it? As good as a trip to Disney World with all the time they've had to make it.
Posted by: zippie

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 09/15/12 11:01 PM

Next time, forget the preview. Don't tell us until the game comes out. Sigh. Still at 80%.

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 09/16/12 03:57 AM

I totally agree!! 80%, what's the holdup?

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 09/16/12 06:36 PM

I've mad and ready for it but give them time it's hard to make apps for devices like these. Go to codecademy if you want to see how they make apps, it's very hard were doing it in school is hard! Ldw comment on this if I'm right I'm on your side now ldw!
Posted by: zippie

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 09/22/12 05:59 PM

Hmmmm. This isn't "taking sides." In fact, if you notice, I have been on this board and playing their games for 6 years.

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 09/29/12 04:45 PM

Go to codecademy and just see.

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 09/30/12 08:47 PM

Actually I think everyone would be placated if, like I said earlier, LDW would at least post a new preview picture once a month. People would be happy with the anticipated preview. And, again, not only on Facebook. I do not go on there and don't want to. Even if it will take six more months or a year, a new shot would make me very happy. I don't think it would take more than 15 minutes work to post it. What do you think LDW?

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 10/01/12 04:46 PM

PEOPLE! be patient... they have lives and they are working very hard on this stuff. they aren't our slaves who'll whip out a game whenever somebody screams for one.. OR screenshots for that matter! it has taken a long time but still. patience should be exercised.
Posted by: bitsy999

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 10/03/12 10:02 AM

Personally, I'm getting tired of how everybody is trying to force us to use FB. I don't like FB and I don't like how other companies, like LDW try to force me to use it to see something they should post HERE!!

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 10/03/12 02:00 PM

hmm.. I agree with you there, but if you want to see a photo that badly you can just easily cruise over there... its not that big of a deal!

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 10/03/12 11:42 PM

I agree with bitsy999, I am fed up with almost EVERY place on line that tries to get you to go to f.b.! Nothing to do with this game we're waiting for, just a comment about being forced to use f.b.

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 10/04/12 10:32 AM

Originally Posted By: bitsy999
Personally, I'm getting tired of how everybody is trying to force us to use FB. I don't like FB and I don't like how other companies, like LDW try to force me to use it to see something they should post HERE!!

I'll drink to that. I quite understand why LDW has a FB page - the more publicity, the better - but shouldn't all new pics and information be released here and then later put up there? (Granted I never look at preview screenshots, but I know I'm very much in a minority).
Posted by: Jrhtct

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 10/06/12 10:42 AM

Besides all the FB stuff, this topic is about new game on the previews, does anyone know when they are released? GOD I want so much to see and play a new VV game... Is there gonna be a 6th episode from the VV series? If so, I hope there's a topic just to discuss ideas and talk about the possible stories etc...

P.S:. Is there screenshots of the new games? Lonely Pets and VF2 Our Dream House?

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 10/10/12 12:05 AM

There have been some screenshots for VF2, none for Lonely Pets yet. ^^

According to the FB panel on the side (if that weren't there I'd never know), VF2 is in beta, finally. Disappointing that it'll be released for iOS before desktop, but I suppose I can wait. (:
Hopefully we'll get news of Lonely Pets soon as well.
Posted by: Jrhtct

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 10/10/12 08:48 AM

Thanks txmom2 for the info !, finally VF2 is coming out soon, and then it's just lonely pets, I wonder what's going to be the next game, 'til then we'll just have to wait and play these new ones wink

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 10/11/12 10:51 AM

Well, I guess that answers the question of whether they're planning to release one at a time or both together wink I was hoping they'd release Lonely Pets first, but never mind; once VF2's released I can play that while I wait laugh

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 10/12/12 10:05 PM

I have too I've been playing their games for I'dont know how long

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 10/13/12 02:50 PM

If you guys are in beta then why isn't the status bar more than 80% on your website

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 10/15/12 05:44 PM

Well, it did say 'more updates when I have the time'. Though timewise it's been five days now (and I'm VERY surprised they've neglected to announce it on the main forums. If 'New help desk software' and 'New server' merit an official announcement, I would have thought 'VF2 in Beta' definitely would, unless LDW are just trying to avoid having to wade through the inevitable replies of "WOW OMG so when's it coming out!?!?" laugh ).

Maybe they'll update the previews page soon smile

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 10/18/12 04:38 AM

all i know is i will be getting it for both my ipod touch and my pc... that way daughter can play it on my ipod while i play on my pc.am just thrilled that we will finally be getting a new LDW game to play .... though other developers out there have made some good village sim games and some not so good ones... LDW STILL makes the BEST!

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 10/20/12 08:46 PM

will the new game on the previews work on my Samsung Galaxy Tablet 10.1, or only on Apple products. When will it be available for the PC

Re: New game on the previews! - New Screenshot - 10/20/12 10:28 PM

It would have to be released on Android for it to work on your tablet, spygirl, as that is an Android device. iOS devices are iPod touch, iPhone and iPad.

The Facebook post stated on Oct 9th:

"Super-quick update, Virtual Families 2 is in BETA now. It will release for iOS (iPhone + iPad) first, followed by desktop (PC + Mac). More updates when I have time!"
Posted by: fennellmr

Virtual Family 2 - 10/23/12 08:24 PM

So when is Virtual Family 2 coming out? The website said 80% for like the last 6 months... I just want to know around what time it will be out, thats all? smile

Re: Virtual Family 2 - 10/23/12 09:34 PM

As far as I know, LDW don't give exact release dates, as too many things can go wrong and when they gave the dates in the past, they ended up having to change them and disappointing their fans.

That said, I'd like to know when they're planning to update the previews page as well, now that VF2 is officially in beta. How long does it take to change '80%' to 'In Beta'? wink

Re: the new game on the preview page - 10/24/12 08:41 AM

From the Facebook post:
Quote:
More updates when I have time!

Re: the new game on the preview page - 10/28/12 02:50 AM

I know! I look forward to the new game. It was like this with the first VF. All of a sudden it was up on the page. Got so excited. I always try to buy from this page to support this company. I do wish that there was at least an estimated date with updates but I think we can all agree that their products are well worth the wait.

Re: the new game on the preview page - 12/03/12 10:03 PM

Ah, we seem to have another update! The graphics are definitely different, but it's good to know that it'll be available soon. smile

Re: the new game on the preview page - 12/03/12 11:52 PM

omg omg omg! WOOT thursday december 6 for ipad iphone....will it work for ipodtouch??? i know my 4th gen has 5.1 or better

waiting impatiently for the PC version in early 2013...

Re: the new game on the preview page - 12/04/12 01:12 AM

Yes, it works great on iPod touch also! laugh

Re: the new game on the preview page - 12/04/12 07:22 AM

I know thank goodness I have an iPhone... but please hurry with the PC it is the best way to experience and play the games:)

Re: the new game on the preview page - 12/04/12 12:01 PM

planning to buy an ipad in jan. or feb. cause much as love playing the games from LDW on my ipod the screen is just to hard for my old eyes to see well especially collectibles

edit...hence why i prefer the PC versions

Re: the new game on the preview page - 12/04/12 08:40 PM

I agree that the smaller screens of the iPhone and iPod touch are a bit too tiny for those of us without "eagle eyes" to enjoy the games fully. After owning iPads since the first one came out, it's now my "go-to" device for just about everything. I use my computers mostly for things that aren't possible on the iPad. laugh

Re: the new game on the preview page - 12/05/12 11:40 PM

i like the concept of being able to buy things through a store like vv origins..... is that functionality going to be available in the PC version?

Re: the new game on the preview page - 12/06/12 12:42 AM

We can't say at this point. VV: Origins and VF2 are both iOS apps that can utilize the In-App Purchase function of the iTunes Store. There isn't an equivalent "system" for PC versions, and we just haven't determined how we will proceed yet.

Re: the new game on the preview page - 12/06/12 10:01 AM

hey no worries earning money in game is fun too.... just takes longer to get up grades and stuff to make the peeps happy ;-)

of course that being said this is coming from a person whose favorite use of sims 3 built in cheat system is to give her sims as many simoleons as she can so they never have to worry about whether or not they can get all the recipes and skill books that they want... and i as player can build them the house i want them to have without having to be constrained by limited funds.
Posted by: gamer158

Re: the new game on the preview page - 12/07/12 12:32 PM

Released at least!
See here ,
Currently is only available for iPod and iPhone and according to this is a free app. Is LDW planning to also make it free for Windows/Mac/Linux ?

Re: the new game on the preview page - 12/07/12 12:56 PM

Yes, Virtual Families 2 is available now for iOS devices! laugh

It has been Arthur's plan for a long time to release the game on mobile first.

You can read more from him here regarding plans to expand to desktop. We create all of our desktop games for Windows and Mac, so those wishing to run our games on Linux computers will need to use an emulator.

Re: the new game on the preview page - 12/13/12 01:57 AM

I cannot wait for another vv I have so many suggestions on what to add. laugh

Re: the new game on the preview page - 01/04/13 02:42 PM

Hi Everyone! Happy New Year wink Just curious if VF2 will be available this month for PC? I know it says early 2013, just curious smile Thanks

Re: the new game on the preview page - 01/04/13 07:33 PM

My guess is no. frown

The preview page says that it's only 70% complete at the moment. Considering it was 90% complete for several months before the release of the iOS version, we probably won't see it for a few months at least. I'd also imagine they are also working hard clearing up a few bugs that have been found in the released iOS version, and on the first content update, before concentrating on the versions for desktop and other devices.

LDW never makes any predictions on release dates - it's too easy for a game-breaking bug to appear and delay a projected release, thus disappointing fans.

Re: the new game on the preview page - 01/06/13 01:15 AM

My money's on April/May (maybe March if we're lucky laugh )

Re: the new game on the preview page - 01/08/13 04:23 PM

Well, if it waits until May I know what I'm asking for as a Mother's Day gift!! cool I'm so excited!