The SPCV: basis and organization.

Posted by: laurence

The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/02/08 06:32 PM

The SPCV is the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Villagers.

His president is Jazzo.
His vice-president is Rockmower
Tmac, Krystal and Laurence compose his cabinet

The SPCV is based on this declaration:

The Villagers Bill of Rights (as approved by the SPCV):

Preamble:
We the players, in order to minimize pixilated cruelty; to ensure harmonious game play; and to ensure a peaceful civilized existence by all villagers (real or imagined) do hereby establish and ordain this bill of rights.

Article 1:
All villagers are born free and equal in dignity and rights without distinction of any kind, such as physical appearance, hair colour, sex...
Every villager has the right to life, liberty and security of person.

Article 2:
No villager shall be subjected to torture or to cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment as Maiming, Dismembering, Crippling, Burning...

Article 3:
Every villager has the right to live with food, clothing, housing and medical care and necessary social services if those resources are available.

Article 4:
Motherhood and childhood are entitled to special care and assistance. Everyone has the right to education and school. All children, whether born in or out of wedlock, shall enjoy the same social protection.

Article 5:
All members of the SPCV shall do everything in their power to ensure the peace and harmony in the life of their villagers for the term of that villagers natural life. This includes but is not limited to ensuring the villager has an adequate supply of food, rest and love.

The SPCV is already constituted by these members:

Caristiona; Robert1220; Airstream Raider; Nemyar; Britney Brit; granny_smith; Village Idiot Jr; computer3gold; Joine The Great; Becca123.
And: Annthewhofan; lucas; Adrienne; rachel08; heatherndan.

Those who feel the same way must show it. The SPCV requires nothing to join. All that is asked is that, if you agree, post "SPCV Member" in your signature to show that you are against Virtual Villager cruelty. By adding that to your signature, you agree to the following:

"I, with the Isola gods as my witnesses, regardless of what I have done to virtual villagers in the past, agree to not purposely harm virtual villagers in any irreversible way. I apologize for any harm I may have done to virtual villagers and understand it was wrong. Having "SPCV Member" in my signature shows that I agree to these terms whole-heartedly and wish to show it to all."

The form:

I, _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ , do hereby solemnly vow to do all within my power to minimize unnecesary cruelty to all Virtual Villagers (real or imagined) in the name of the SPCV.

Dated this _ _ _ day of _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 20_ _

Witnessed by _ _ __ _ _ __ _ _ __ _(agent)

Approved by JAZZO president SPCV

Posted by: Nemyar

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/02/08 07:40 PM

Article 2:
No villager shall be subjected to torture or to cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment as Maiming, Dismembering, Crippling, Burning...

I have some question, what about some villagers that are stuck on the fire? And how can you tell if the stew is safe for the villagers to eat?

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/02/08 07:46 PM

A villager who is stuck on the fire can be considered as an accident and you have to take him out of the fire quickly!
when a stew is not good for the villagers there is generally a kind of dark cloud on it!
Posted by: Jazzo

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/02/08 08:01 PM

If you don't know that a stew is bad, it's an accident. But purposely using a stew to harm a villager is cruel and violates these laws.
Posted by: Britney

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/02/08 09:29 PM

Maybe these laws should apply TO ALL simulation games.

Anyway, I LOVE THESE RIGHTS.
Posted by: Annthewhofan

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/02/08 10:46 PM

Its a good rule and that bad stew, never put a villager to test it as I thought it might be harmful.
Posted by: Joine The Great

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/03/08 12:35 AM

Those ARe Great Rules!
Posted by: Tmac

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/03/08 02:02 AM

SPCV ! i wonder what LDW thinks about this ???
see we love our games so much , we don't want people
to hurt them !
Posted by: ArthurAdministrator

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/03/08 02:38 AM

I will sign.
Posted by: Krystal

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/03/08 02:49 AM

Originally Posted By: tmac
i wonder what LDW thinks about this ???
I think you're question has been answered! LOL
Posted by: Becca123

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/03/08 05:34 AM

Originally Posted By: Krystal
Originally Posted By: tmac
i wonder what LDW thinks about this ???
I think you're question has been answered! LOL

Lol.
I swear I will never kill a villager on purpose again.
Posted by: loki is sorry!!!

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/03/08 12:02 PM

how do i join? what do i have to sign??

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/03/08 12:09 PM

Those who feel the same way must show it. The SPCV requires nothing to join. All that is asked is that, if you agree, post "SPCV Member" in your signature to show that you are against Virtual Villager cruelty. By adding that to your signature, you agree to the following:

"I, with the Isola gods as my witnesses, regardless of what I have done to virtual villagers in the past, agree to not purposely harm virtual villagers in any irreversible way. I apologize for any harm I may have done to virtual villagers and understand it was wrong. Having "SPCV Member" in my signature shows that I agree to these terms whole-heartedly and wish to show it to all."

And you may fill the form:

I, _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ , do hereby solemnly vow to do all within my power to minimize unnecesary cruelty to all Virtual Villagers (real or imagined) in the name of the SPCV.

Dated this - - day of - - - - 2008

Witnessed by - - - - - - - (agent)

Posted by: Caristiona

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/03/08 02:39 PM

I think somebody ought to create something similar for sims2. considering the things that can happen to them on accident let alone what players can do to their sims. excellent "Bill of Rights".

and i already signed up ;-)
Posted by: VVFanatic

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/03/08 04:47 PM

I think the SPCV is a gr8 idea
Posted by: Ttypical

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/03/08 04:59 PM

i wanna join.
i typicalt, vow to do my best to minimise cruelty to villagers.
Posted by: HelloWorld!

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/03/08 08:15 PM

I, Helloword, do hereby solemnly vow to do all within my power to minimize unnecessary cruelty to all Virtual Villagers (real or imagined) in the name of the SPCV.

Dated this 3rd day of March 2008

Witnessed by ???(agent)
Posted by: Rockmower

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/03/08 08:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Arthur
I will sign.

YIPEE! HOORAY!
THE BIG BOSS
HAS JOINED IN
OUR LITTLE FORAY!

//is this a good time to pitch the idea of getting a "club" forum going in the Fun Stuff section?//
Posted by: Midnightgypsy

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/03/08 09:02 PM

Well I have a question for you.... If you ring the gong of wonder and the thing makes half your villagers sick is that considered an accident?

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/03/08 09:06 PM

Yes.You would not know that the gong would do that,for ALL event are random.

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/03/08 09:13 PM

Yes! We may consider that it's the fate! and we know that the gong is able of worse!! \:\( (as of the best! \:\) )
Posted by: Midnightgypsy

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/03/08 09:15 PM

really there is worse than that?

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/03/08 09:19 PM

Originally Posted By: HelloWorld!
Yes.You would not know that the gong would do that,for ALL event are random.

Our goals in this society are not to hamper game play or prevent villagers from getting sick or hurt. That wouldn't be possible even if we wanted it.
All we are trying to do is get people to not "deliberately" kill their villagers or make them sick without reason. As an example, this club started because a player wanted to know how to kill all the villagers who weren't redheads.
We believe this constitutes unneccessary cruelty towards the wee ones who depend on us for their well being.

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/03/08 09:20 PM

Yes, but it's a spoiler!!
(highlight here if you want to know: the gong may take life!! -end of spoiler)
Posted by: TheVillageIdiot

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/03/08 09:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Midnightgypsy
Well I have a question for you.... If you ring the gong of wonder and the thing makes half your villagers sick is that considered an accident?

I think this would be an infraction. Everyone knows that ringing the gong can cause harmful effects. So if you sign this you should not ring the gong. That's how I read it. It would be no different the playing Russian roulette. Although something bad will not happen every time. But you know that sometimes it can hurt a villager. So if you sign this, I advise you NOT to ring the gong.

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/03/08 09:35 PM

So you're saying that we should not chance having something good happen for fear that something bad could happen?

It's like telling your kids that you'll never let anything happen to them. I understand keeping the bad stuff from happening, but keeping anything from happening? If you do that, nothing good will ever happen to them.

How does that song go?

"I could've missed the pain,
But I'd've had to miss
The dance"

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/03/08 09:37 PM

Yes VI, the gong can have disasterous effects, but it can also do great good such as giving health or youth. A lot of people are troubled with the bad effects the gong has on a population.
Still, it is considered a normal part of game play so we won't forbid it. We will leave it optional for the players discretion.
Remember, we're not trying to prevent all harm only that which is deliberately inflicted.

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/03/08 09:37 PM

Well I'll still ring it, but I haven't signed the SPCV. :P But since you know you could be hurting a villager by ringing the gong, that clearly violates #5. \:\)

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/03/08 09:41 PM

Originally Posted By: TheVillageIdiot
Well I'll still ring it, but I haven't signed the SPCV. :P But since you know you could be hurting a villager by ringing the gong, that clearly violates #5. \:\)
Originally Posted By: laurence
Article 5:
All members of the SPCV shall do everything in their power to ensure the peace and harmony in the life of their villagers for the term of that villagers natural life. This includes but is not limited to ensuring the villager has an adequate supply of food, rest and love.
If you are running out of food(i.e. from an event) and the gong could grant food, are you saying that it is against Article 5 to try it?

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/03/08 09:44 PM

All members of the SPCV shal do everything in their power to ensure the peace and harmony...

Everything in the power would mean not to do anything that might hurt the peace and harmony of a villager. Everyone knows that there are some bad things that can happen when you ring the gong. So if you ring it, you are violating #5. \:\) That's all I'm saying. 8\)

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/03/08 09:49 PM

Okay, fine. You can hold your opinion, and I'll hold mine.

Personally, I do not feel that ringing the gong is wrong.

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/03/08 09:52 PM

I don't like yer sig VI :P and you're hearin this directly from SPAZZO!!!

LOL, no, the code is only meant to protect purposeful cruelty. It might seem to say certain things, but ringing the gong and eating a stew are not purposeful harm.

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/03/08 10:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Jazzo
...ringing the gong and eating a stew are not purposeful harm.
I think forcing a bad stew on a villager is against the code, though. And they won't usually eat one themselves.

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/03/08 10:07 PM

LOL "Spazzo". I know the intent of the SPCV. Just having fun pokeing holes in it. :P

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/03/08 10:19 PM

I'm glad you're having so much fun, then! \:\/ lol

*fights urge to be overly sarcastic* must fight..... ARGH! lol jk
Posted by: Annthewhofan

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/03/08 11:16 PM

A lot of good happens a lot when you get one villager to ring the gong and they also celebrate this by all running to it and jumping. So I would not take that pleaser away from my villagers.
Posted by: eyeshigh

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/04/08 12:32 AM

By the same logic VI, there are some harmful events, so they should not be allowed to have events. Keeping the game paused would indeed keep anything bad from happening to the villagers

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/04/08 12:41 AM

Incorrect. The events have a choice to be safe and a choice to take a chance.

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/04/08 01:00 AM

Jazzo, you may be the President of the SPCV, but I'll not hesitate to contradict you!
There happen to be two events that can or do have bad effects without a choice!
The Flash Flood and The Dense Fog.
True, The Dense Fog can have a good effect, but not so with The Flash Flood!

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/04/08 01:08 AM

Krystal, I'm counting on you to contradict me. That's what smart people do, contradict each other, no? I do see your point but again, are you purposely doing harm by "getting an event"? no.

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/04/08 01:21 AM

I know that this is not purposely causing harm, I'm not insinuating that it is. In fact, this same thought came to me, as well. By the same token, Jazzo, is one purposely causing harm by ringing the gong? In my opinion, no.

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/04/08 01:23 AM

Me too. I think we need to abolish the last article.

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/04/08 01:29 AM

Or perhaps just re-word it.
Currently, it says:
Article 5:
How about something like:
"Article 5:
All members of the SPCV shall ensure the peace and harmony in the life of their villagers for the term of that villager's natural life. This includes but is not limited to ensuring the villager has an adequate supply of food, rest and love."

And maybe a little added to the end.

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/04/08 01:37 AM

I think no matter what it will cause too many conflicts. I say we get rid of it. Can one of the Admins or mods please edit out Article 5? Thanks.

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/04/08 01:59 AM

I'm not sure getting rid of it is necessary, you could just ADD a clause for acts of nature and acts of gong (as opposed to God... because we are kind of the gods and goddesses and if acts of god/desses were ruled out, then we could legally feed them bad stew).

I think the difference is that events and gong rings are made in good faith and hope that something positive will happen for the village

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/04/08 02:09 AM

Article 5:
Article 5:

I propose Article 5 be amended to read as follows:
All members of the SPCV should try to ensure peace and harmony in the life of their villagers. This includes but is not limited to ensuring an adequate supply of food; rest and love.

and add Article 6
Ringing the Gong of Wonder can have both good and bad effects. The same is true for many island events. Members should exercise due diligence to minimize the harmful effects caused by acts of nature and or the gong.

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/04/08 02:26 AM

New articles have to be ratified \:\)

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/04/08 02:53 AM

Wow, what a constitotion. IM so proud of it!
how about a villager anthem?

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/04/08 03:13 AM

I think that it should be this:

Article 6:
Things that can have either good or bad effects, such as events, stews, and the gong, do not fall under these categories and the player must use his/her own judgement.

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/04/08 03:15 AM

Worded as such, it would be an amendment to article 5, not an entirely new article

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/04/08 03:16 AM

Yes, true, the first amendment in the Bill of Villager Rights.

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/04/08 07:48 AM

I think that it should be this:

Article 6:
Things that can have either good or bad effects, such as events, stews, and the gong, do not fall under these categories and the player must use his/her own judgement.

I think if you know the outcome of the stew, and it is toxic, it is an offence to the spcv - don't know if that is already so.

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/04/08 10:15 AM

Incorrect. The events have a choice to be safe and a choice to take a chance.

...There happen to be two events that can or do have bad effects without a choice!
The Flash Flood and The Dense Fog.
True, The Dense Fog can have a good effect, but not so with The Flash Flood!

And you forget the Rats!! Spoiler (highlight the following): Twice in a week, the rats invaded my tribe!! Half of the population, around 60 villagers, became sick with a health bar very low and they stayed weakened after being healed!! End of spoiler. This is an event with very bad effects, very hard for the villagers and without choice at all!!

Shall we ask to take it out? No, because as the gong's effects, it is something out of our control! You may do not ring the gong of course as you may do not open the game, so no bad events could happen!

I think it's a false process!!

Edit: Well, for the peace of everybody, I agree for a

First Amendment to the Article 5:

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/04/08 03:48 PM

Originally Posted By: eyeshigh
By the same logic VI, there are some harmful events, so they should not be allowed to have events. Keeping the game paused would indeed keep anything bad from happening to the villagers

Well I agree, it needs to be worded differently. And sorry eyeshigh, I love you, but your logic is at fault here. We do not choose when an event happens, and we do not chose which event occurs. So we do not have a choice in that matter. The gong however you have a choice. Do I ring the gong, or do I not. You have complete control over the matter. It is comparing apples to oranges.

And please note, I’m not saying don’t ring the gong. That is part of the game, and one of the items that makes this game fun. But if you want to treat the villagers as if they are real, have feelings, feel pain, love and so on, why would anyone ever ring it? I think it would be very hypocritical to have article five as it was and still ring the gong. And it does appear others have came to that same conclusion.

Good job SPCV members!

On Edit: Added the quote I was commenting about so not to confuse anyone.

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/04/08 04:35 PM

I agree VI - I was making a point with it myself lol

The only way to keep events from happeneing is to pause the village, which also deprived them of their natural lives....

I was trying to point out that an exception clause for the gongs would be necessary

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/04/08 10:14 PM

Yes. I agree.

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/05/08 01:04 AM

Vegetarian or Vegan? Do you wish to play the game as it is intended (complete with gong/stews/events) and MINIMIZE the possible harmful effects i.e. get doctors busy, make healing stews etc. OR do you wish to try and avoid ALL harm (a nearly impossible task) by never ringing the gong/making new stews etc etc etc???????

I just reread my proposed changes to article 5 and the addition of article 6 and believe that they solve this conflict as written. Here they are again:

I propose Article 5 be amended to read as follows:
All members of the SPCV should try to ensure peace and harmony in the life of their villagers. This includes but is not limited to ensuring an adequate supply of food; rest and love.

and add Article 6
Ringing the Gong of Wonder can have both good and bad effects. The same is true for many island events. Members should exercise due diligence to minimize the harmful effects caused by acts of nature and or the gong.
Posted by: VVFanatic

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/05/08 03:04 AM

I am definatley joining this is great I PROMISE to never be cruel or injure any villager ever

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/05/08 08:46 AM

SPCV Announce

We are proud and happy to inform you that we have some new members:

372Strawberry642 ( ex HelloWorld)
Arthur
Loki is sorry
Ttypical
VVFanatic

And coming soon, an amendment to the Article 5 of the Villagers Bill of Rights

Posted by: Village Idiot Jr

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/06/08 01:10 AM

yay! the more the merrier!

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/06/08 07:38 PM

SPCV Announce:

First Amendment to the Article 5:

Things that can have either good or bad effects, such as events, stews, and the gong, do not fall under these categories. Members should exercise due diligence to minimize the harmful effects caused by acts of nature and or the gong using his/her own judgement.

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/06/08 08:13 PM

Looks good laurence. I would suggest the following to help clearfy:

All members of the SPCV shall do everything in their power to ensure the peace and harmony in the life of their villagers for the term of that villager’s natural life. This includes but is not limited to ensuring the villager has an adequate supply of food, rest and love. It is not the intent of The Society to supervene the original intent of Virtual Villagers game play, as designed by the developers. Thus, it is fully understood that certain items (“Acts of god”) within the game can cause harm to the villagers. Said “Acts of god” would include, but not limited to, events, stews and ringing of the gong. Therefore, SPCV hereby authorizes it members to indulge themselves in said acts of god so long as they exercise due diligence, so that to minimize the harmful effects caused by said acts.

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/06/08 08:29 PM

I think it's what the Amendment says, no?

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/07/08 04:28 PM

yes, it does sound like an Amendment.
Posted by: Phantom_Flame

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/12/08 10:04 PM

No offence, VI, but all you did was take Article 5 and the amendment and made them longer.

Oh, and yes, I shall join the SPCV! I love my ALL peeps and say kudos to everyone who feels the same about theirs!

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/12/08 10:29 PM

Did you fill out the form declaring that you follow that which is stated in the Villager Bill of Rights?

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/12/08 10:32 PM

ANNOUNCEMENT TO ALL:

It's actually SPCV, not SPVC, just sayin \:\)

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/13/08 09:37 AM

Nice you join us, Phantom_Flame. Welcome! \:\)

(PS:
...It's actually SPCV, not SPVC, just sayin \:\)
LOL Typing!! easy to fix it!! ;\) )

Posted by: Beth_K.1958

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/13/08 10:17 PM

I, Beth_K.1958, do hereby solemnly vow to do all within my power to minimize unnecesary cruelty to all Virtual Villagers (real or imagined) in the name of the SPCV.

Dated this 13th day of March 2008

Witnessed by Star Trek: Voyager, LOL and friend Rusty (on phone) (agent)

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/13/08 10:24 PM

Approved \:\)

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/14/08 02:07 AM

Yeah! We just keep on a growin!

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/14/08 07:53 AM

Welcome to the SPCV, Beth_K.1958! \:\)

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/14/08 06:17 PM

--------SPCV Announce

Due to the increasing interest in the SPCV we have decided to allow open membership. To join, you need only agree with our principles and post SPCV Member in your siggy.
Thank you for your interest and participation in the SPCV.

Ambercat09
Phantom_Flame
Beth_K.1958
Rusty
Posted by: heatherndan

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/14/08 10:00 PM

Ha ha, that is so funny! Even LDW takes this seriously. It's true, though, there is no reason to hurt our little people, they depend on us!

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 03/14/08 10:04 PM

--------SPCV Announce

Due to the increasing interest in the SPCV we have decided to allow open membership. To join, you need only agree with our principles and post SPCV Member in your siggy.
Thank you for your interest and participation in the SPCV.

Ambercat09
Phantom_Flame
Beth_K.1958
Rusty

This means basically, having "SPCV Member" i your sig states that you agree to all the terms. And please, if you have been cruel to villagers in the past (which I admit I even have) don't think that that means you can't join. If you join, it is your chance to make up for it \:\)
Posted by: Akamu

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 04/10/08 09:23 PM

I don't think I'll need to kill villagers anymore (I confess), for I have excellent skill in breeding villagers to not have unnatural hair.
Posted by: arcadiarose

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 04/10/08 10:39 PM

Count me in!
Posted by: Wisegirl

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 04/10/08 11:30 PM

I, Wisegal101, do hereby solemny vow to do all within my power to minimize unnecesary cruelty to all Virtual Villagers (real or imagined) in the name of the SPCV

Dated on April 10, 2008

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 04/11/08 04:21 PM

Welcome arcadiarose and Wisegal101 to the SPCV!

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 04/12/08 05:00 AM

As VP, I would like to take this opportunity to welcome Soccerluva (Katy) to the SPCV. \:D
She sent me a PM agreeing to our principles and asking to join.
I also welcome all the other newcomers to our society. It is great to see this organization continuing to grow! \:D \:D \:D \:D

//p.s. Might I suggest, in light of certain recent events, that we extend these same courtesies to our fellow forum members? It will help keep this place fun and fair to all.//
Posted by: soccerluva22

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 04/12/08 05:10 AM

i hereby pledge myself to the ammendments of the SPCV.

YAY!
Posted by: Sahira

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 04/12/08 05:28 AM

I swear in front of the Isolan Gods (Us!) to do all in my power to prevent cruelty to villagers.

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 04/12/08 02:25 PM

Welcome to the SPCV Katy (soccerluva22) and Sahira!

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 04/13/08 12:45 PM

Thank You! \:D
Hint: as you make stews, write down what herbs you put in the stew, and what afect it had on your villagers. Then you will know wich are good stews, bad stews, and silly stews! \:D
That's what i'm doing! \:D
Posted by: halidog

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 04/13/08 12:49 PM

Quote:
Article 2:

No burning? Awwwwww..... JK! \:D \:D \:D \:D

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 04/13/08 01:15 PM

\:\( \:\(

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 04/13/08 01:46 PM

.....-----..... SPCV Announce

We are happy to give the list of our proud members as it is today (Sunday 13th of April 2008) and we hope it will grow up again:

(If we have forgotten somebody, don't hesitate to contact us and to protest!!)

Jazzo
Rockmower
Tmac
Krystal
Laurence
372Strawberry642 (HelloWorld)
Adrienne
Airstream Raider
Ambercat09
Annthewhofan
Arcadiarose
Arthur
Becca123
Beth_K.1958
Britney Brit
Caristiona
computer3gold
granny_smith
heatherndan
Jazzo's Sister
Joine The Great
Loki is sorry
Lucas
Nemyar
Nighthawk25
Phantom_Flame
rachel08
Robert1220
Rusty
Sahira
soccerluva22 (Katy)
TheGnome
Ttypical
Village Idiot Jr
VVFanatic
Wisegal101

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 04/13/08 02:38 PM

Hey, don't really get what to do to hurt our villagers(except starving them) but i will do all i can to prevent any more damage to our people.

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 04/13/08 04:50 PM

There are ways of killing villagers that don't involve starvation.
Posted by: ColeDude101

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 04/13/08 06:57 PM

I used to kill villagers I thought were ugly and replaced them with babies,but now I will never do that again
Posted by: TG3

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 04/13/08 07:07 PM

i want to be a member too! \:\)
I HATE it when some people are so cruel to some villagers!

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 04/13/08 07:13 PM

If I am cruel to villagers (which is rarely, I only have evil thoughts when they are bad, and today nobody wanted to work), I never select a specific group in the sake of fairness.
Posted by: *Erica*

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 04/13/08 07:15 PM

I like these rights! I want to be a member!
Posted by: Miyazaki

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 04/13/08 07:15 PM

I want to join .

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 04/13/08 07:22 PM

Welcome!!

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 04/13/08 08:02 PM

Do we PM the form to an SPCV member?

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 04/13/08 08:08 PM

No! Just add "SPCV Member" (even: "Proud SPCV Member" ;\) ) in your signature!
That means you agree this little texte (above in the " ) and our rules (in the Villagers Bill of Right) \:\)

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 04/13/08 08:19 PM

Thanks!

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 04/13/08 08:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Cole
I used to kill villagers I thought were ugly and replaced them with babies,but now I will never do that again
Will you join us?

If yes, just add "SPCV Member" in you signature.

That means you agree:
"I, with the Isola gods as my witnesses, regardless of what I have done to virtual villagers in the past, agree to not purposely harm virtual villagers in any irreversible way. I apologize for any harm I may have done to virtual villagers and understand it was wrong. Having "SPCV Member" in my signature shows that I agree to these terms whole-heartedly and wish to show it to all." And with the Villagers Bill of Rights! \:\)
Posted by: SupernaturalJem

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 04/13/08 08:34 PM

Joined! \:\)
Posted by: Houjun

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 04/13/08 08:41 PM

Now why did I never join before?

Anyhow... I would like to join as well. \:\) I will never get so mad at my villagers that I will harm them on purpose. \:\)

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 04/13/08 08:42 PM

Bravo and Welcome!

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 04/13/08 08:45 PM

Thanks!
Posted by: I3lak

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 04/13/08 09:36 PM

wait so i fill the form im confused sorry
Posted by: TG3

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 04/13/08 10:44 PM

ok!ill add it right now!

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 04/13/08 10:56 PM

No, just add SPCV member to your signature. I had the same problem \:\) .
Posted by: VVMeggie

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 04/14/08 12:38 AM

I'm a member!

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 04/14/08 01:33 AM

so am i! we need more members!

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 04/14/08 03:11 AM

thanks for joining guys !!! we are trying to get to
50 members !!!! \:D \:D
Posted by: woofy

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 04/14/08 04:01 AM

sign me up
Posted by: vh713

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 04/14/08 04:18 AM

I, vh713, do hereby solemnly vow to do all within my power to minimize unnecesary cruelty to all Virtual Villagers (real or imagined) in the name of the SPCV.

Dated this 13th day of April 2008

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 04/14/08 04:37 AM

thanks for signing up ! now just put it in your siggy \:D

Originally Posted By: woofy
sign me up

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 04/14/08 04:39 AM

we don't have to do this anymore , but what the heck \:D

Originally Posted By: vh713
I, vh713, do hereby solemnly vow to do all within my power to minimize unnecesary cruelty to all Virtual Villagers (real or imagined) in the name of the SPCV.

Dated this 13th day of April 2008

Witnessed by " Tmac " (agent)

Posted by: KenObie

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 04/14/08 04:50 AM

Holding up my right hand, I say:

I, KenObie, do hereby solemnly vow to do all within my power to minimize unnecesary cruelty to all Virtual Villagers (real or imagined) in the name of the SPCV.

Dated this 13th day of April, 2008.

Hi! I'd like to become a member please?? Thanks!
KenObie (Hopefully the newest SPCV member you'll have!)

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 04/14/08 04:52 AM

here you go ! \:D
just add SPCV to your siggy \:\)
Originally Posted By: KenObie

I, KenObie, do hereby solemnly vow to do all within my power to minimize unnecesary cruelty to all Virtual Villagers (real or imagined) in the name of the SPCV.

Witnessed by " Tmac " (agent)

Hi! I'd like to become a member please?? Thanks!
KenObie (Hopefully the newest SPCV member you'll have!)

Posted by: HappyPlayer

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 04/14/08 04:58 AM

I, HappyPlayer, do hereby solemnly vow to do all within my power to minimize unnecesary cruelty to all Virtual Villagers (real or imagined) in the name of the SPCV.

Signed: HappyPlayer \:D

Posted by: KenObie

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 04/14/08 05:03 AM

Why thank you very much!!

I feel so much better now, and it will add a richness to the game when my villagers find out I joined! (giggle!)

Hope you reach your goal!

Keep on playin'!
KenObie, Proud SPCV member!
Posted by: Pookie9

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 04/14/08 05:15 AM

Thank you for the opportunity for ALL villagers to have happy, prosperous lives! It is the least we can do for the wee ones. ;\)

The only villager I ever wanted to harm was the GC in VV1. Does that count?

Are we at 50 yet??

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 04/14/08 05:42 AM

With the additions of Pookie9 HappyPlayer KenObie & Vh713, we are at 47 members! YEAH only 3 to go for 50! (we will repost the roster when we hit the magic mark!)
Posted by: Keza132

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 04/14/08 08:39 AM

I'll sign up!

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 04/14/08 08:45 AM

2 to go! \:D

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 04/14/08 03:21 PM

Great! I will try tomake a story on SPCV!

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 04/14/08 04:29 PM

------------ SPCV Announce

super_cat
Erica1227
Halidog
SupernaturalJem
Houjun
AngelGirl
vh713
HappyPlayer
Pookie9
Keza132
KenObie
kyle24

And, as soon as they put "SPCV Member" in their signature:

Jose Yanez
I3lak
woofy

(to add something in your signature: go to "my stuff" in the top of the page; then in "my profile"; then scroll down near the bottom, under "signature" in a white space you may write what you want)

We were 36 and now we are: 51!!

and we may be more again...

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 04/14/08 05:20 PM

yahooooooo !!!! \:D
we meet out goal !

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 04/14/08 06:21 PM

Yay!

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 04/14/08 06:37 PM

Woohoo!! Now THAT is a great announcement!

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 04/14/08 08:53 PM

Awesome. As president, I would like to thank each and every member for helping us reach this milestone.

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 04/14/08 09:27 PM

A significant milestone
we have now reached!
We have more than 50
on Isola's beach!

Onward and upward!
Let's strive for more!
Let's try for a hundred
on Isola's shore!

Do you think we can make it?
I know that we can!
We can make a hundred
in our SPCV clan!

Why if we got only
a mere one percent,
of forumer members
Isola might sink!

That lowly number
is One Sixty Nine.
We ask you to join us,
if you're thoughts are kind.

It's really not hard.
It's easy to do!
Put a note in your siggy
and a post in here too.

Then a proud member
you will become!
I'm really quite glad
that I am still one!

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 04/14/08 11:17 PM

we got more people. we got more people. we got more people. *exagerate people*

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 04/15/08 12:36 AM

\:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D
Posted by: Thorbi

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 04/15/08 02:09 PM

Originally Posted By: vh713
I, Thorbi, do hereby solemnly vow to do all within my power to minimize unnecesary cruelty to all Virtual Villagers (real or imagined) in the name of the SPCV.

Dated this 15th day of April 2008

Please sign me up aswell!

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 04/15/08 02:15 PM

Quote:
I, Thorbi, do hereby solemnly vow to do all within my power to minimize unnecesary cruelty to all Virtual Villagers (real or imagined) in the name of the SPCV.

Dated this 15th day of April 2008

Witnessed by Halidog(agent)
You don't have to fill this out, just add SPCV member to your signature (or proud SPCV member ;\) )

Posted by: Thorbi

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 04/15/08 02:22 PM

Sorry
Guess I haven't read the thread good enough!

Tanx anyway \:\)

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 04/15/08 05:06 PM

Welcome Thorbi!!

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 04/15/08 05:08 PM

It's okay

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 04/16/08 01:01 AM

Welcome! \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 04/16/08 01:18 AM

Welcome to everyone \:D

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 04/16/08 01:54 AM

we accept you anyhow
Posted by: chanz

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/02/08 11:45 PM

I, chanz , do hereby solemnly vow to do all within my power to minimize unnecesary cruelty to all Virtual Villagers (real or imagined) in the name of the SPCV.

Dated this 2 day of May 2008

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/03/08 09:15 AM

Originally Posted By: chanz
I, chanz , do hereby solemnly vow to do all within my power to minimize unnecesary cruelty to all Virtual Villagers (real or imagined) in the name of the SPCV.

Dated this 2 day of May 2008

Witnessed by Sahira (agent)

There you go! \:\)

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/05/08 02:25 PM

.....----------..... SPCV Announce

Kadgii Kailali
Fabala
Thorbi
Chanz
vv boy

Welcome to them!!

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/05/08 10:41 PM

Ok, let's say that someone is currently a member of the SPVC. And that person gives a villaager the toxic stew. What is the punishment? No, I did not give a villager the toxic stew, if that is what you are thinking!

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/05/08 11:54 PM

Sure?
Posted by: *Erica*

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/05/08 11:56 PM

yay we got past 50!!!
Posted by: neonkid

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/05/08 11:59 PM

Post removed for rule violations.

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/06/08 12:21 AM

they're still people tho!

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/06/08 12:23 AM

yes, i am sure that i did not toxic stew a villager,halidog. \:\)
Perhaps my question is something only Jazzo can answer.

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/06/08 12:40 AM

Oh, okay. Just making sure. And they are still people, neon.

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/06/08 12:55 AM

yep. that is rude and this place is for the fans of vv and other ldw games. dont make us make a mob. these people(even though they live in our computers) need our care.

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/06/08 12:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Britney Brit
Ok, let's say that someone is currently a member of the SPVC. And that person gives a villaager the toxic stew. What is the punishment? ...

...Perhaps my question is something only Jazzo can answer.
Yes, he can, but everybody can too! \:\)

The SPCV's rules are not official laws but they are a declaration, a kind of profession of faith. So the SPCV has not any authority to punish somebody!
But we may denounce this person (even if he is not a SPCV's member), we may show him to the entire world as what he really is! It could seem to be not very much, but anyway it is better than nothing!

The Human Right Declaration is like that. They can't interfere in Countries' Laws, but they show us what happens in these countries and, so , they may alert the public opinion!
It is very important and it must exist!!

Originally Posted By: Britney Brit
... No, I did not give a villager the toxic stew, if that is what you are thinking! [quote=Britney Brit] yes, i am sure that i did not toxic stew a villager,halidog. \:\)
And we believe you, don't worry!!

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/06/08 12:45 PM

Thank you very, very, much Laurence. I now fully understand how it works.

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/06/08 12:47 PM

You're welcome!

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/06/08 12:50 PM

1. We have no way of knowing if someone was "breaking a rule," so there would be nothing we could do anyway.
2. Let me just make it clear that the point is to show that there is a [i]large[/] group of people who care about it. No one who had it in their sig would just then go off and be mean to villagers. I think that people who have "SPCV Members" in their sig wouldn't break the rules. If they didn't believe in the SPCV, then they wouldn't show it in their signature.

ALSO. Don't worry, if you have been mean to villagers in the past, you are still eligible to join if you agree to change your ways.
Posted by: Pookie9

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/06/08 01:47 PM

Whewwww!! <wiping forehead> That sure is great to know!!

I wished previously for a trash can similar to the one in PT to put someone that was less inclined to work. But I wasn't wanting her to disappear, just to get her more "focused" on the job at hand. \:\)

But I feel so much better knowing that since I now know better that I can keep my one and only signature!!!

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/07/08 11:37 PM

so there r beter games + ppl need to know how to be detaced cuz if u get to attatced and ur comp crashes u could in therio u could go insane seen it happen be4
Posted by: dogylover21

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/08/08 01:21 AM

i want to join but how do i add it to my signecher

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/08/08 01:22 AM

First, go to my stuff
Next, go to my profile. You can also edit many other things from there.
Posted by: SnakesRock

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/08/08 02:56 AM

I, SnakesRock, do hereby solemnly vow to do all within my power to minimize unnecesary cruelty to all Virtual Villagers (real or imagined) in the name of the SPCV.

Dated this 7th day of May 2008

Witnessed by ???(agent)
Posted by: knksmiles

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/08/08 04:53 AM

Count me in. Who could be cruel to such cute little buggers? OK, perhaps I've had a bad thought or two about lazy ones...
Posted by: BikerRicksBaby

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/08/08 05:01 AM

And so...

I, BikerRicksBaby, do hereby solemnly vow to do all within my power to minimize unnecessary cruelty to all Virtual Villagers (real or imagined) in the name of the SPCV.

Dated this 8th day of May, 2008.

Posted by: jennifermadi

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/08/08 08:43 AM

Reading stuff like this just reminds me that I am not creative AT ALL

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/08/08 11:17 AM

Originally Posted By: SnakesRock
I, SnakesRock, do hereby solemnly vow to do all within my power to minimize unnecesary cruelty to all Virtual Villagers (real or imagined) in the name of the SPCV.

Dated this 7th day of May 2008

Witnessed by halidog(agent)

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/08/08 03:46 PM

Welcome SnakesRock; knksmiles; BikerRicksBaby; dogylover21!!

If you want to add something in your signature:
Go to "My Stuff" (on the top of the page);
then to "My Profile".
Scroll down until, near the bottom, you may see a white case with the title "Signature" (just before the place you choose an avatar).
Here you may write what you want and "SPCV Member" or even "Proud SPCV Member" ;\)
Then, scroll down until the bottom and click on "Submit".
It's done!! \:\)

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/08/08 06:21 PM

To all new members:
WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!
Posted by: Mushroom Picker

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/08/08 09:38 PM

what if there is a choice island event and you pick the choice that somehow does harm to youre villager(s)? Is that considered an accident?

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/08/08 09:42 PM

If you didn't willfully choose the choice that harm's your villager, then yes, it is an accident. \:\)
Posted by: Mushroom Picker

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/08/08 09:44 PM

O and i forgot to post this...

I,Mushroom Picker , do hereby solemnly vow to do all within my power to minimize unnecesary cruelty to all Virtual Villagers (real or imagined) in the name of the SPCV.

Dated this 9th day of May 2008
Posted by: Cipher

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/08/08 11:20 PM

Preamble:
We the players, in order to minimize pixilated cruelty; to ensure harmonious game play; and to ensure a peaceful civilized existence by all villagers (real or imagined) do hereby establish and ordain this bill of rights.

Article 1:
All villagers are born free and equal in dignity and rights without distinction of any kind, such as physical appearance, hair colour, sex...
Every villager has the right to life, liberty and security of person.

Article 2:

Article 3:
Every villager has the right to live with food, clothing, housing and medical care and necessary social services if those resources are available.

Article 4:
Motherhood and childhood are entitled to special care and assistance. Everyone has the right to education and school. All children, whether born in or out of wedlock, shall enjoy the same social protection.

Article 5:

qustion, how would u 'maim' a villager, also, there not real people, so alot of this can't actually happen to them

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/08/08 11:32 PM

fine, ill sign up *exasperated sigh*

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/09/08 12:20 AM

Dark, if you don't want to, we're not forcing you to join!
Posted by: Tyler

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/09/08 12:47 AM

i wanna sign up! can I join?

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/09/08 03:40 AM

Originally Posted By: darkjinkskid
qustion, how would u 'maim' a villager, also, there not real people, so alot of this can't actually happen to them

Darkjinks, We know these are fictional characters. This club is built around a principle of being kind. Not only kind to our villagers, but also to each other.

No one is forced to join. In fact, we only want people who share these same desires. I won't go into specifics here, but (especially in VV2) there ARE ways you can purposely harm or kill villagers. If you play your game that way, that's your business and no one here will ever say anything to you about it.

Joining is a choice that you must make of your own free will. We are delighted to have anyone join the SPCV.

To do so, you only need to put the words "Proud Member of the SPCV" or a similar phrase in your siggy. We also appreciate it if new members place a post here stating that they are joining. That way our secretary (Laurence) can keep an accurate record of membership! \:D

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/09/08 03:42 AM

Originally Posted By: Tyler
i wanna sign up! can I join?

Yes Tyler, you may join us! All you have to do is put the words "Proud member of the SPCV" in your siggy! \:D

As Vice President, I would like to take this opportunity to welcome you and all the other new comers to our association! \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/09/08 03:47 AM

u know i guess i'll join just so i can keep an eye on all of u

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/09/08 06:24 PM

SnakesRock
knksmiles
BikerRicksBaby
dogylover21
vvmom
mushroom picker
Tyler
neonkid

Welcome to them!! We are now 64!

Posted by: kittenzan62

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/09/08 10:52 PM

I'm So Sorry, I can't be a member... I've killed off certain villager's with the purple flower stew. I'm Very Bad! I Know!! But I had reason's! Really I did! I wanted a whole Tribe of Wolfie villager's, some just wouldnt learn anything, very stubborn, I wanted a whole Tribe of Runner's, etc. etc... my boyfriend was appauled!! He called me a murderer... I did feel bad, but I was experimenting. I'll Try to never use poison stew again, but I can't promise... \:\( \:\( \:\(

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/09/08 11:08 PM

dont worry. if you promised to not do these things again, we might let you join. im not sure. lets see if at least 10 people, including presidant, secretary, etc. forgive you.

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/09/08 11:11 PM

I forgive you, IF you promise not to purposely recreate those stews for killing villagers. Sometimes, I create that stew, but just to get a healer's exp. up, not to make anyone sick. It is good because it is a very controlled sickness, and can be easily stopped.
Posted by: HarryFan17

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/09/08 11:12 PM

Hey, I'll join!

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/10/08 04:41 PM

Originally Posted By: kittenzan62
I'm So Sorry, I can't be a member... I've killed off certain villager's with the purple flower stew. I'm Very Bad! I Know!! But I had reason's! Really I did! I wanted a whole Tribe of Wolfie villager's, some just wouldnt learn anything, very stubborn, I wanted a whole Tribe of Runner's, etc. etc... my boyfriend was appauled!! He called me a murderer... I did feel bad, but I was experimenting. I'll Try to never use poison stew again, but I can't promise... \:\( \:\( \:\(
In France we say: "Admitted fault, half-forgiven fault". So you're half forgiven and for the 2nd half, if you promised to not do these things again, you'll be entirely forgiven! \:\)
Some members have done bad things to the villagers and decided to not do it anymore since they are SPCV Members.
Anyway, you're free to do what you want!! But, you can't join the SPCV and do it again, of course!

Welcome to the SPCV, HarryFan17!

Posted by: SpecialPrincess

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/10/08 04:47 PM

I'm not in the SPCV, but I just thought I'd say it's probably not really necessary to have members need to sign a form saying they agree and putting 'SPCV Member' into their siggies. Living by the SPCV should be the only requirement. Just my two cents. \:\)

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/10/08 04:51 PM

Then how would you know who's a member?

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/10/08 05:41 PM

Originally Posted By: SpecialPrincess
I'm not in the SPCV, but I just thought I'd say it's probably not really necessary to have members need to sign a form saying they agree and putting 'SPCV Member' into their siggies. Living by the SPCV should be the only requirement. Just my two cents. \:\)
I think it's important to show that peoples are member of the SPCV.
That means that the SPCV thoughts are shared by a lot of peoples and it could dissuades somebody from doing bad things to their villagers.

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/10/08 06:00 PM

I apologize for purposly harming some of my villagers. I will never EVER do it again!

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/11/08 04:37 PM

I have a question... Is starting a tribe over in the begining being cruel to your villagers? I'm about to start a new tribe and I want to make sure that's not bad...
Posted by: Fortuna

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/11/08 05:35 PM

It sounds interesting. I'm still arguing with myself whether I should join or not. Naturally kind people wouldn't harm their villagers anyway.

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/11/08 05:45 PM

Originally Posted By: HarryFan17
I have a question... Is starting a tribe over in the begining being cruel to your villagers? I'm about to start a new tribe and I want to make sure that's not bad...

I think that for a case like that, YOU should decide for yourself whether or not it is.

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/11/08 06:43 PM

I don't think it's cruel to the villagers because they are not able to know what happens at this level of their "existences". They will not feel it.
Posted by: dogylover21

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/11/08 06:47 PM

Iam a new member

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/11/08 07:01 PM

Originally Posted By: dogylover21
Iam a new member
Yes! you're here!
Posted by: $@m

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/11/08 07:12 PM

I want to join but Idon't think I have enough self-discipline to keep myself from killing my villagers.
Posted by: vv boy

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/11/08 07:15 PM

Then I am an official member of the SPCV!

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/11/08 10:35 PM

OK. Thanks for telling me Jazzo and laurence. I wasn't sure about that.
Posted by: casjoejen

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/12/08 09:35 AM

You had better add in to Article No 2 no feeding to sharks

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/12/08 11:06 AM

Hi I would love to join
Posted by: cassie!!!

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/12/08 11:07 AM

Hi i am Cassie!!! and i am now a proud member of SPCV
Posted by: sherilee2004

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/12/08 01:22 PM

I, Sheri Kingdon , do hereby solemnly vow to do all within my power to minimize unnecesary cruelty to all Virtual Villagers (real or imagined) in the name of the SPCV.

Dated this 12 day of May 2008

I hope this is how you join! Thank you..

Posted by: Jennings

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/12/08 04:22 PM

I, Jennings (EverthePixie), do hereby solemnly vow to do all within my power to minimize unnecessary cruelty to all Virtual Villagers (real or imagined) in the name of SPCV.

Dated this 12th day of May 2008.

Witnessed by ---------- (agent).

Well, does saying the vow in front of my four cats count? If so, Bombadil, Bella, Fric & Frac swear I'll be nice to my villagers.

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/12/08 04:29 PM

OK. Thanks for telling me Jazzo and laurence. I wasn't sure about that.
You're welcome!
Originally Posted By: ngiarratano
You had better add in to Article No 2 no feeding to sharks
\:D Right!! \:D \:D \:D
But I have put some "…" that means "and so on", "etc." I think that people are old enough to understand!
How many new dangers are in VV3? \:8 \:8 \:8 ;\)

Welcome ngiarratano and cassie!!!

Originally Posted By: sherilee2004
I, Sheri Kingdon , do hereby solemnly vow to do all within my power to minimize unnecesary cruelty to all Virtual Villagers (real or imagined) in the name of the SPCV.

Dated this 12 day of May 2008

Witnessed by Laurence (secretary)

I hope this is how you join! Thank you..

Welcome!

Originally Posted By: Jennings
I, Jennings (EverthePixie), do hereby solemnly vow to do all within my power to minimize unnecessary cruelty to all Virtual Villagers (real or imagined) in the name of SPCV.

Witnessed by Laurence (secretary).

Well, does saying the vow in front of my four cats count? If so, Bombadil, Bella, Fric & Frac swear I'll be nice to my villagers.
Welcome!!

Posted by: pukina

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/12/08 04:32 PM

I would love to join the SPCV please \:\)

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/12/08 04:46 PM

It's easy!
you may fill this:

Dated this _ _ _ day of _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 20_ _

And to add "Proud SPCV Member" in your signature

(you may just add it in your signature, the form is not neccessary)

(Go to "My Stuff" (on the top of the page);
then to "My Profile".
Scroll down until, near the bottom, you may see a white case with the title "Signature" (just before the place you choose an avatar).
Here you may write what you want and "SPCV Member" or even "Proud SPCV Member"
It's done!! )
Posted by: pukina

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/12/08 06:06 PM

I, Bella , do hereby solemnly vow to do all within my power to minimize unnecesary cruelty to all Virtual Villagers (real or imagined) in the name of the SPCV.

Dated this 12th day of may 2008

Witnessed by Amber(She's 2, does it still count?)

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/12/08 06:08 PM

Welcome pukina!!
Posted by: Beckett Bopper

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/12/08 09:50 PM

I,VV1tycoon, do hereby solemnly vow to do all within my power to minimize unnecesary cruelty to all Virtual Villagers (real or imagined) in the name of the SPCV.

Witnessed by Wisegal and HarryFan17. (agent)

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/12/08 09:55 PM

HOORAY! A new member!!!
Now, don't forget to put "SPCV Member" or something similar in your signature!

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/12/08 10:39 PM

Yay Coon!
Posted by: Beckett Bopper

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/12/08 11:34 PM

Yay Coon!

Yes *nods*! I find that kiling villagers is just plain awful!

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/13/08 12:20 AM

do i gotta put "proud member of"?, my sigs kinda full
but i WILL join

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/13/08 12:22 AM

No, you can just put "SPCV Member" or even just "SPCV."
Posted by: MusicObsessed

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/13/08 04:16 AM

I, heidi, do hereby solemnly vow to do all within my power to minimize unnecesary cruelty to all Virtual Villagers (real or imagined) in the name of the SPCV.

Dated this 12th day of may, 2008

Witnessed by ... everyone who reads this? (agent)

\:D yay! i'm a member!

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/13/08 04:42 AM

Yeah I know I just thought it was funny

Can you see an official list of members anywhere \:\)
Posted by: Anki

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/13/08 05:12 AM

Me also wana join this fourm.

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/13/08 04:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Anki
Me also wana join this fourm.
Welcome! Just add "Proud SPCV Member" (or something like that since there is "SPCV") in your signature!

And welcome to VV1tycoon and to heidirea.:) \:\)
Posted by: grenvillchic

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/13/08 08:43 PM

I, Grenvillchic , do hereby solemnly vow to do all within my power to minimize unnecesary cruelty to all Virtual Villagers (real or imagined) in the name of the SPCV.

Dated this 13th day of May 2008

Witnessed by JAZZO(agent)

\:D Now i'm a member!

xxxxx

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/13/08 08:51 PM

HarryFan17
Kani_Wahine
cassie!!!
ngiarratano
sherilee2004
Jennings
pukina
VV1tycoon
darkjinxkid
heidirea.:)
Anki
grenvillchic

Welcome to them!! We are now 76

Posted by: Fortuna

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/14/08 11:56 AM

ummm, could I join? I feel intimidated by so many people, I'm not to sure how I am keeping sane. Not important. So uh, how do we join? I mean, I am a naturally good person, but possibly take kindness to another level? I want to join.

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/14/08 04:48 PM

Don't be intimidated! you're welcome to the SPCV!

The only thing to do is…
to add something in your signature:

then to "My Profile".
Here you may write what you want and "SPCV Member" or even "Proud SPCV Member" (at least "SPCV")
It's done!!

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/21/08 07:13 AM

I wana Join tel me how?

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/21/08 07:16 AM

Hey i dont know as i was accepted as a member. Thanx SPCV.

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/21/08 03:37 PM

Welcome Anki! Nice you join us!!

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/23/08 03:57 AM

ANGELSTAR. is a SPCV member n she is giving advice in some of her posts to kill the villagers which u dont like by gving some sicking potion. This is against the law of SPCV. Take some action against Her.
i m sorry it was Anglestar not TMAC. I m sorry Tmac read the post wrong. I M SORRY TMAC.

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/23/08 04:02 AM

I'll have to look into this, Anki. Thank you for mentioning your concerns.
EDIT: Could you, by chance, mean this post ?

Posted by: Houjun

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/23/08 04:08 AM

Anki, if you are referring to this post of Tmac's, she is quoting another person who had "Proud SPCV Member" in their signature and who suggested another person give their villagers that stew. \:\)

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/23/08 04:10 AM

Oh, now I see the edit to Anki's post. Yes, if you look at the post I linked to by Tmac, she was asking AngelStar about it.

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/23/08 04:12 AM

I M SORRY TMAC. I read the port wrong.
Posted by: Tahoe mom

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/24/08 07:26 PM

I will sign willing and happily. My family thinks I have gone nuts over my villagers but they know me and know will not hurt anyone. I would like to tell you a little something about the picture you see.

This is my 17 yr old golden "Moose". I meet him the day he was born. We hike through the mountains and lakes here in the Sierra until the day came he could no long walk with me or swim in the lake. We do live on the lake here in Tahoe so he was able to at least look at it and know the memores he and I both care in are hearts. I was not goning to allow him to live in pain so on that last day he crawled into my lap and look up to me with those big brown eyes to see good bye to me. It was his time to leave this place knowing he was love and care for his whole life. He knew he was to join my 17 year german sheparded "Sam". They both where a big part of my life and have a special place in my home where they are honored. I have yet to find that next special friend to join our family so for now my villagers hold that special place in my heart.

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/24/08 10:51 PM

ANGELSTAR. is a SPCV member n she is giving advice in some of her posts to kill the villagers which u dont like by gving some sicking potion. This is against the law of SPCV. Take some action against Her.

This matter has been dealt with. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. I would reiterate, that these types of actions are NOT condoned by the SPCV, and indeed, a similar post is what got this group started to begin with.

Again, thank you for your due diligence in bringing this matter to our attention.

Rockmower,
VP, SPCV

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/24/08 10:53 PM

A welcome to the new members! We gratefully accept your willingness to share our values.
Posted by: Paravou

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/25/08 01:48 AM

I, Paravou, do hereby solemnly vow to do all within my power to minimize unnecessary cruelty to all Virtual Villagers (real or imagined) in the name of the SPCV.

Dated this 24th day of May 2008

Posted by: bethlham

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/25/08 02:02 AM

Originally Posted By: Rockmower

This matter has been dealt with. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. I would reiterate, that these types of actions are NOT condoned by the SPCV, and indeed, a similar post is what got this group started to begin with.

Again, thank you for your due diligence in bringing this matter to our attention.

Rockmower,
VP, SPCV

Not to put a bee in anybody's bonnet...but....the Villager Bill of Rights says nothing about a member, or otherwise, giving advise or opinion about potentially harmful stews, potions or otherwise. It merely states that members will not harm their own villagers.

As far as I know, AngelGirl has abided by the terms and not harmed her own villagers, merely informed others of the means by which it could be done, and as such has commited no infraction of the SPVC and is subject to no reprimand.

Therefore, any harm caused to AngelGirl by means of SPVC reprimand should be remedied and forgiven.

Humans need protection too.

I love your implied intent and the forums....I just wanted to be fair. Good luck to all! \:\)

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/25/08 02:42 AM

Originally Posted By: bethlham

Not to put a bee in anybody's bonnet...but....the Villager Bill of Rights says nothing about a member, or otherwise, giving advise or opinion about potentially harmful stews, potions or otherwise. It merely states that members will not harm their own villagers.

As far as I know, AngelGirl has abided by the terms and not harmed her own villagers, merely informed others of the means by which it could be done, and as such has commited no infraction of the SPVC and is subject to no reprimand.

Therefore, any harm caused to AngelGirl by means of SPVC reprimand should be remedied and forgiven.

Humans need protection too.

I love your implied intent and the forums....I just wanted to be fair. Good luck to all! \:\)

We do not "reprimand" anybody. In cases like this, we usually send people a PM to gently remind them of our values. We do it in a PM, to avoid humiliating anyone, which is in itself, a form of harm. We do not condone hurting ANY Villagers, real or imagined, and this INCLUDES Forum members. \:D

We do thank you for your concern over the feelings of your fellow forumer! \:D I'd say that concern reflects strongly on the values we hold dear! \:D \:D \:D

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/25/08 03:15 AM

Thank you Rockmower for your responces and care, including those made here .

Sometimes the worst punishment we recieve is that which we give ourselves.

Again, Good Luck and well wishes to all! \:\)

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/25/08 03:22 AM

i m sorry it was Anglestar not TMAC. I m sorry Tmac read the post wrong. I M SORRY TMAC.

So, Anki...what action did you have in mind? Sometimes the best action is forgiveness and guidance, as Rockmower pointed out....gentle reminders in private to avoid hurt feelings or embarassment.

I hope we care for our fellow man (and woman ;\) ) as much as we do about our sweet villagers, as we are all the product of a loving creator.

Good Luck! \:\)

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/25/08 05:02 AM

I would like to alert SPCV of a post called:

is there someway to remove someone from the tribe?

In other words,Purposefully and knowingly KILLING a villager

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/25/08 01:52 PM

Originally Posted By: AngelGirl
I am sorry.I was just trying to be helpful.I may sometimes be a bad SPCV member and I really just wanted to help.If I happen to do this again please inform me I am no longer an SPCV member as I have broken the rules twice.I agree to them,although I was just trying to help.I NEVER use the potion on my villagers and I do NOT reccomend anyone using it.I just told pontypool how they COULD do it,not that they should.Sorry,I made some errors in my post.Please forgive me.
Well, that is clear! and of course you are forgave!

... So, Anki...what action did you have in mind? Sometimes the best action is forgiveness and guidance, as Rockmower pointed out....gentle reminders in private to avoid hurt feelings or embarassment. …
That's right we want not to hurt anybody but we want to make him feeling an embarrassment! It's the only manner we have to do something against cruelty.

But, when we denounce someone's acts, we have to be absolutely sure about these acts and about the fully justified of this denunciation. It because we'll ask to all our members to not denounce anybody in this thread but to send a PM to us (Jazzo;Rockmower;Laurence;Tmac – Krystal doesn't receive PMs) and we'll decide together about what to do.

It will be the SPCV itself who will denounce, if it's necessary!

… I hope we care for our fellow man (and woman ;\) ) as much as we do about our sweet villagers, as we are all the product of a loving creator.

Good Luck! \:\)
Of course, bethlham! All this concerns a state of mind.

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/25/08 01:55 PM

Fortuna
anna1010101
Anki
Squishedfairy
Tough_Girl
arislyn
Paravou

Welcome to them!! We are now 83

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/25/08 02:09 PM

Originally Posted By: 372Strawberry642
I would like to alert SPCV of a post called:

is there someway to remove someone from the tribe?

In other words,Purposefully and knowingly KILLING a villager

Well, let them feel how they feel.

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/28/08 02:16 AM

I do NOT like to see posts like:
Quote:
I am from the SPCV and you are a terrible person for killing a villager.

I do not want to see ANY MEMBER of the SPCV threatening, criticizing, insulting, or any of those bad things to someone with different views. UNDERSTOOD. 'Cuz if the admins see the SPCV is causing problems, he/she WILL get rid of it. SO PLEASE. Keep it cool 8\)

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/28/08 03:02 AM

Hey i always follow the path of forgiveness, raising an issue Against AngelGirl was jurt wana make sure if u choose a path of any organization we should follow its rules stickly.

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 05/28/08 03:25 AM

Hey i always follow the path of forgiveness, raising an issue Against AngelGirl was jurt wana make sure if u choose a path of any organization we should follow its rules stickly.

She didn't violate any rules. Perhaps being strictly aware of the rules one follows is equally sound advise.

Nonetheless, I recently read this post in another thread (I don't know how to capture a quote from another thread, sorry:

alas, this topic is moot - vv3 does not allow players to build a particular tribe through the use of potions (until someone figures out the breeding/heritability programming). the potions _do not_ kill anymore, so there is no need for anyone to bemoan 'final solution' playing ... the game has been made over for you.

...sadly for some of us...the vv4 will not be a new journey. on a happy note, i do understand that this will calm the vv community, and that is always a positive step.

Posted by: XiloDragon

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 06/05/08 05:57 AM

The form:

I, XILO_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ , do hereby solemnly vow to do all within my power to minimize unnecesary cruelty to all Virtual Villagers (real or imagined) in the name of the SPCV.

Dated this tuesday of june 4th_ _ _ 2008_

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 06/05/08 07:14 AM

I,Nick Kadianakis , do hereby solemnly vow to do all within my power to minimize unnecesary cruelty to all Virtual Villagers (real or imagined) in the name of the SPCV.

Dated this day of 5 june 2008

Witnessed by ???(agent)

Posted by: Damballah

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 06/05/08 07:57 AM

I have had the "Proud Member of the SPCV" in my siggy for some time now, and I do hereby state that I believe in and will follow the SPCV byelaws as laid out, as of this day, June5, 2008.

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 06/05/08 05:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Xilo
I, XILO, do hereby solemnly vow to do all within my power to minimize unnecesary cruelty to all Virtual Villagers (real or imagined) in the name of the SPCV.

Dated this tuesday of june 4th 2008

Dated this day of 5 june 2008

Welcome Nick Kadianakis!! and don't forget to add something in your signature:
then to "My Profile".
Here you may write what you want and "SPCV Member" or even "Proud SPCV Member" (at least "SPCV")
It's done!!

Originally Posted By: Damballah
I have had the "Proud Member of the SPCV" in my siggy for some time now, and I do hereby state that I believe in and will follow the SPCV byelaws as laid out, as of this day, June5, 2008.
I had seen your siggy, Damballah! Welcome to the SPCV!!
Posted by: natsuki

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 06/07/08 03:59 AM

i want to join spcv and i need a witness for me \:\)
Posted by: darlinlilme

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 06/07/08 04:23 AM

I, _darlinlilme _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ , do hereby solemnly vow to do all within my power to minimize unnecesary cruelty to all Virtual Villagers (real or imagined) in the name of the SPCV.

Dated this _6th _ _ day of _ june_ _ _ _ _ _ 20_08 _

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 06/07/08 04:23 AM

I, bestgrams, do hereby solemnly vow to do all within my power to minimize unnecessary cruelty to all Virtual Villagers (real or imagined) in the name of the SPCV.

Dated this 6 day of June 2008

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 06/07/08 01:05 PM

Originally Posted By: natsuki
i want to join spcv and i need a witness for me \:\)
If you agree, I'll be you witness! \:\) So, now you may add in your signature that you're SPCV member!

Originally Posted By: darlinlilme
I, darlinlilme , do hereby solemnly vow to do all within my power to minimize unnecessary cruelty to all Virtual Villagers (real or imagined) in the name of the SPCV.

Dated this 6th day of june 2008

Originally Posted By: bestgrams
I, bestgrams, do hereby solemnly vow to do all within my power to minimize unnecessary cruelty to all Virtual Villagers (real or imagined) in the name of the SPCV.

Dated this 6 day of June 2008

Welcome!

Don't forget to add in your signature that you're member of the SPCV:
(Go to "My Stuff" (on the top of the page);
Then to "My Profile".
Scroll down until, near the bottom, you may see a white case with the title "Signature", just before the place you choose an avatar.
Here you may write what you want and "SPCV Member" or even "Proud SPCV Member", at least "SPCV"
It's done!!)
Posted by: natsuki

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 06/07/08 02:43 PM

since now i have the witness xD

I,Natsuki , do hereby solemnly vow to do all within my power to minimize unnecesary cruelty to all Virtual Villagers (real or imagined) in the name of the SPCV.

Dated this 7th of June 2008

Witnessed by Laurence

-Thank you Laurence for being my witnes!
Posted by: McKittyKat55

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 06/07/08 03:16 PM

i'm proud to be the newest memeber of SPCV, the form was authorizied and witnessed by laurence and HHT in the SB, now Jazzo just needs to approve it ;\) .

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 06/07/08 03:22 PM

redrockwolf
Damballah
mamabutterfly
Xilo
Nick Kadia.
natsuki
darlinlilme
bestgrams
McKittyKat55
tkdgrl223

Welcome to them!! We are now 93 Wow!

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 06/07/08 05:41 PM

A HUNDRED! A HUNDRED!
On the horizon I see,
soon we will reach it,
I'm sure you agree.

Welcome new friends,
to the SPCV!
When we get but 8 more,
We'll throw a party!

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 06/07/08 05:57 PM

This shall be quite a milestone indeed.

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 06/07/08 06:26 PM

!!!! \:D wow, this is great!!! i'm proud to be a SPCV memeber \:D !!!!
Posted by: tkdgrl223

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 06/07/08 06:54 PM

how do u join i want to i promise to heal all my sick and feed to hungry and learn the unlearned and respect all children in and out of wedlock

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 06/07/08 06:58 PM

You have SPCV in you siggy, you have expressed that you agree with how we feel... you're in!

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 06/07/08 07:34 PM

Originally Posted By: tkdgrl223
how do u join i want to i promise to heal all my sick and feed to hungry and learn the unlearned and respect all children in and out of wedlock

I have edited the Announce, you're in!! Welcome to our 93rd member!! \:D

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 06/08/08 11:11 PM

yeah!!! in one of my villages i'm keeping track of families my naming the person their name and their mates name

ex: City and Kumi
Kumi and City

so i now have one man w/o a girl so i named him Nick and anyone

lol
Posted by: Natasha88D

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 06/10/08 05:35 AM

i'd like to join, and will be adding SPCV Member to my sig! thanks!

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 06/10/08 04:19 PM

Welcome to the SPCV, Natasha! We are now 94!!

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 06/12/08 12:37 AM

Suh-weet!
Posted by: CynthiaVee

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 06/14/08 09:39 PM

I'm in...

CynVee
proud SPCV member

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 06/14/08 11:04 PM

95 strong!

But only when Cynhia puts SPVC member in her siggy

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 06/15/08 12:29 PM

Welcome to the SPCV, CynVee! We are now 95! Yeah!!
Posted by: Megthebookworm

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 06/24/08 03:22 AM

I would love to join SPCV mark me down please

historygal proud SPCV member

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 06/24/08 03:24 AM

4 more and we're at 100!!!
Welcome, Historygal. Just add "SPCV member" (or something similar) to your signature!

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 06/24/08 04:45 PM

Natasha88D
Go_Ravens
CynthiaVee
historygal

Welcome to them!! We are now 96 Wow!

Posted by: PrettyKitty97

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 06/26/08 02:23 AM

Make that 97! I'm in!

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 06/26/08 02:47 PM

Yes! 97! Welcome Sydney!

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 06/30/08 04:51 PM

Yay! \:D Just three more!!! \:D
Posted by: Lurkily

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 06/30/08 05:29 PM

I'm afraid that I greatly prefer to torment my lazy villagers. In fact, I need a separate island to send them to, where I can construct a labor camp for the slackers. And it needs salt mines.

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 06/30/08 06:10 PM

I'm not surprised!

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 07/01/08 01:20 AM

LOL!!! \:D

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 07/03/08 08:34 PM

ANNOUNCEMENT TO ALL:

It's actually SPCV, not SPVC, just sayin \:\)

This is now QUITE an important distinction. \:D

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 07/03/08 09:16 PM

yeah with lurkiy's SPVC on the loose we have to watch

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 07/03/08 10:08 PM

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 07/04/08 02:32 AM

we may want to recount our people bc we lost one to lurkily.

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 07/04/08 03:05 AM

Originally Posted By: historygal
Hey I think this is hilarious I am ditching SPCV for SPVC

Lost? No, found! You cannot understand the power of the dark side!

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 07/04/08 03:50 AM

"We must fight with all our might to overcome it!" ....

Yeah. Anyway.
(OT: tkdgrl! I didn't know you were a Dr. Who fan!)

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 07/04/08 01:08 PM

Well, with the arrival of PrettyKitty97 (ex-Sydney), welcome PrettyKitty97!

We are now......... 96! ___ \:D \:D \:D

\:D \:D \:D That makes 96 proud SPCV members!! \:D \:D \:D

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 07/04/08 03:57 PM

I say we start a pledge drive! We are only 4 members shy of 100!
This is a lofty goal which the "other guys" can NEVER expect to meet! (Of course it would be even better if we got to 1938 which is a measly 10% of current forum members!)

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 07/04/08 04:09 PM

\:D \:D \:D \:D \:D

*puts on cheerleader uniform*

COME MEMEBERS DON'T BE SHY!!!
SPCV PROTECTS YOUR VILLAGERS SO THEY WON'T DIE!!!
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SPCV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

\:D \:D \:D \:D \:D

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 07/05/08 12:07 AM

Bah. Such petty weaknesses corrupt you. Let go of your anger, and your hatred. Only then can you know the power of the dark side!

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 07/05/08 12:16 AM

And what if we don't WANT to know the power of the dark side??

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 07/05/08 12:22 AM

I don't want to join the dark side. I'm for the SPCV.

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 07/05/08 12:23 AM

We must turn you from the dark side. There is good in you Lurkily, just search your feelings. Lurkily I'll not turn. I'll have to finish me off.

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 07/05/08 12:53 AM

Originally Posted By: tkdgrl223

see lurkily i'm proof that the dark can be taken out of people. We'll not stop to end your current and my old ways. Sedious turn like i Vader did.

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 07/05/08 04:05 AM

So . . . if I wanted to join the SPCV . . . . .

You see, the tenets of the SPVC and the SPCV aren't fundamentally opposed. All of it hinges on the goals of the player. If the player's goals ARE the comfort of the villager, a person can comfortably follow the tenets of both the SPCV and the SPVC, without conflict.

So if I wanted to join . . . without dissolving, or even leaving the SPVC . . . . . would I be lynched?

Posted by: samcutie567

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 07/05/08 06:05 AM

Hello this is good , can I join the cabinet members.
Posted by: Kadgii Kailali

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 07/05/08 07:29 AM

Come to the dark side...
WE HAVE MILK AND COOKIES!
Posted by: Bowl Wheeevil

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 07/05/08 07:56 AM

Mwa, Ah ha ha ha ha ah!!!
Ooo! Milk and cookies!
The dark side is GOOOOOD. Join the DAAAARK side. You know you want to.

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 07/05/08 11:13 AM

Originally Posted By: Lurkily
So . . . if I wanted to join the SPCV . . . . .
You'll have to change your signature!!
You see, the tenets of the SPVC and the SPCV aren't fundamentally opposed. All of it hinges on the goals of the player. If the player's goals ARE the comfort of the villager, a person can comfortably follow the tenets of both the SPCV and the SPVC, without conflict.
Of course yes! Are you somebody who hypocritically tries to manage the carrot and the baton? (or the cookies and the whip!)
So if I wanted to join . . . without dissolving, or even leaving the SPVC . . . . . would I be lynched?
Without dissolving or leaving the SPVC, you'll not be in the SPCV! \:\/

Originally Posted By: samcutie567
Hello this is good, can I join the cabinet members.
LOL Sam will be Sam forever!! \:D First, be a member, please (and put it in your signature) ok?!! ;\)

Originally Posted By: Kadgii Kailali
Come to the dark side...
WE HAVE MILK AND COOKIES!
So, bye Kadji!! \:\(

Originally Posted By: Bowl Wheeevil
Mwa, Ah ha ha ha ha ah!!!
Ooo! Milk and cookies!
The dark side is GOOOOOD. Join the DAAAARK side. You know you want to.
I don't tell you bye you were not a SPCV member, but it's pity that you're so corruptible!! \:\( Just for a few cookies! ;\)

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 07/05/08 11:56 AM

Did you say . . . a few cookies? Who said "few"?

This is only a tiny sample of the cookies available to SPVC members.

PS: If you quote this, please remove the image tags. Nobody needs that image-blast more than once.

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 07/05/08 02:19 PM

BRIBERY, BRIBERY. But thinking about it, here is a reason why you can't be a member of both:
By adding that to your profile, you agree to the following:

"I, with the Isola gods as my witnesses, regardless of how I may have pampered virtual villagers in the past, agree to not permit misguided feelings for villagers to hinder my goals further in any way. Having "SPVC Member" in my signature shows that I agree to these terms whole-heartedly and wish to show it to all."

Meaning you can't pamper villagers. Also referring to the SPCV's views as "misguided feelings?" Complete contradictions. And apparently, being a member of the SPVC means you agree to these terms whole-heartedly

hmm.

Defense, your comment?
Posted by: Parazombie

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 07/05/08 02:29 PM

I ain't joinin' either until ya stop confusing!
Or whoever wants to say they have a member in Tasmania!
;\)

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 07/05/08 03:31 PM

Tasmania!! Oooh! It's an island also! Bigger than Isola but an island!! \:D

Yes! we need a member here! (even if I think it could be very cold, no?)

We are not confused at all in the SPCV. Everything is very clear! \:\)

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 07/05/08 04:14 PM

OOh, milk and cookies... No! Stay focused!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 07/05/08 04:17 PM

Could I kill villagers to save the tribe?

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 07/05/08 05:32 PM

Oh! Great question!! \:D
I don't think that it will arrive in the VV story!
It would be a decision you have to deliberate with your villagers and be sure that it's the only, last manner to resolved the problem. ;\)
It's a game and if it happens that means you didn't play well!! \:\/

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 07/05/08 05:57 PM

BRIBERY, BRIBERY. But thinking about it, here is a reason why you can't be a member of both:

"I, with the Isola gods as my witnesses, regardless of how I may have pampered virtual villagers in the past, agree to not permit misguided feelings for villagers to hinder my goals further in any way. Having "SPVC Member" in my signature shows that I agree to these terms whole-heartedly and wish to show it to all."

Meaning you can't pamper villagers. Also referring to the SPCV's views as "misguided feelings?" Complete contradictions. And apparently, being a member of the SPVC means you agree to these terms whole-heartedly

hmm.

Defense, your comment?

If my goals are the unconditional comfort and happiness of my villagers, then my goals would only be achievable through the means similar to those described in the SPCV bill of rights. I would use any and all means neccesary -- that is, love and snuggles -- to achieve those goals.

These kinder, gentler methedologies may seem to directly contradict some of the bills established in the SPVC bill of rights for the Guiding Hand, but the fact is that they are simply rights that the Guiding Hand has, not laws that it absolutely must follow, just as a human being has the right to sustenance, but can also go on a fast if they choose to do so.

I can strive for those cuddlier goals even without "misguided feelings" -- that is, the humanization of villagers.

Counterargument; your comment?

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 07/05/08 07:07 PM

The SPVC intentions are radically opposed to the SPCV intentions!!
The SPVC act for the guiding hand's interests without the villagers' interests and the SPCV because the villagers' interests are the guiding hand's interests

The SPCV reflect what we believe, a kind of profession of faith.

I don't know what is the SPVC reflecting except maybe a "game of the contradictions"

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 07/05/08 07:41 PM

Or maybe efficiency...

It is up to the guiding hand what to do, and as the great SimCity Societies box says: 'The power to build your utopia or your inferno is in your hands.'

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 07/05/08 07:43 PM

And no amount of bribery will change that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 07/05/08 08:17 PM

hmm.

Defense, your comment?

If my goals are the unconditional comfort and happiness of my villagers, then my goals would only be achievable through the means similar to those described in the SPCV bill of rights. I would use any and all means neccesary -- that is, love and snuggles -- to achieve those goals.

These kinder, gentler methedologies may seem to directly contradict some of the bills established in the SPVC bill of rights for the Guiding Hand, but the fact is that they are simply rights that the Guiding Hand has, not laws that it absolutely must follow, just as a human being has the right to sustenance, but can also go on a fast if they choose to do so.

I can strive for those cuddlier goals even without "misguided feelings" -- that is, the humanization of villagers.

Counterargument; your comment?

I think I understand your theory. You're saying both organizations share the same overall goal. We both want our villages to be successful. We just get there by different means. However, the fact that the different ways contradict each other, makes it impossible for one to do both, therefore impossible for one to be a member of both groups. There are many other examples of this. For example, take American politics. The two candidates both just want America to be a better country. They just have different ways of doing it. You can't support both though. And let me just add, though it's irrelevant right now, the SPCV does have an endorsement from Arthur.

Your rebuttal?

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 07/05/08 08:48 PM

Please DO NOT MENTION POLITICIANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally don't like them.
Posted by: Animegirl8

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 07/05/08 09:45 PM

HELP MEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! The SPVC has brought out my evil side!!! I very rarely bring that side of me out!!! I am so close to being a member if the SPVC!!!! I am trying to remain loyal to the SPCV!

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 07/05/08 10:00 PM

Just repeat this for the rest of your life (or whenever you feel good again).
Villagers are our friends.
Villagers are our friends.

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 07/05/08 11:06 PM

Fight it, AG8!

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 07/05/08 11:17 PM

The SPVC intentions are radically opposed to the SPCV intentions!!
The SPVC act for the guiding hand's interests without the villagers' interests and the SPCV because the villagers' interests are the guiding hand's interests

The SPCV reflect what we believe, a kind of profession of faith.

I don't know what is the SPVC reflecting except maybe a "game of the contradictions"

[Seriousness]
As stated repeatedly, the SPVC is a joke. There is no real intent to be hurtful towards villagers, pixels or not. Such an attitude is unhealthy, regardless of how 'real' the target is.

The SPVC reflects a sense of humor. That is all. Not cruel intentions, not disregard for human suffering, just a sense of humor. I understand that the SPCV tries to reflect an opposition to cruelty in all forms, by founding it on the more lighthearted issue of the villagers, and it's an admirable attitude that I am not seriously trying to challenge. I don't know how many times I have repeated these words, but people keep seeming to take it too seriously. My only aim in this is to get a chuckle, and I hold and admire the values and freedoms that the SPCV treasures.

As I've said elsewhere; there is enough injustice in this world to make me cry. Let's not invent it where it doesn't exist.
[/Seriousness]

[Humor]
As to the opposition of the tenets of the SPVC and the SPCV; perhaps they were created in an opposing spirit, but they are not fundamentally incompatible. The villagers have been given rights; doesn't the Guiding Hand deserve rights, too? And the Guiding Hand, given those rights, may choose to exercise those rights in the upholding of tenets similar to (Since it's forbidden from subscribing to those tenets) the SPCV's. Both sets of rules can be upheld simultaneously.

And, as a member of both organizations, one would have to.
[/Humor]

EDIT: Sorry, I missed this post, Jazzo.

I think I understand your theory. You're saying both organizations share the same overall goal. We both want our villages to be successful. We just get there by different means. However, the fact that the different ways contradict each other, makes it impossible for one to do both, therefore impossible for one to be a member of both groups. There are many other examples of this. For example, take American politics. The two candidates both just want America to be a better country. They just have different ways of doing it. You can't support both though. And let me just add, though it's irrelevant right now, the SPCV does have an endorsement from Arthur.

Your rebuttal?
My rebuttal is that the means are not neccesarily different; if the Guiding Hand has the goals that he would HAVE to have as a member of the SPCV, the means could not be different; using cruelty as a means would be counterproductive to the goals of happiness and security.

Therefore, the most efficient means - which the SPVC demands - would be the same kind and cuddly means that the SPCV demands.

Oh noes! The SPVC isn't endorsed by Arthur? The SPVC has the endorsement of Lurkily. Do I get more cookies to give out if Arthur endorses the SPVC? Do I get an 'Endorsed by Arthur' seal to include in SPVC images? Sheesh.

Just for that, I AM going to make an "Endorsed by the SPVC" logo, for use on any post involving cruelty to villagers.
Posted by: Tuna Puzzler

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 07/06/08 01:58 AM

And let me just add, though it's irrelevant right now, the SPCV does have an endorsement from Arthur.

I propose that Arthur would have never signed his endorsement to either of the factions had both existed simultaneously. When he signed his name to it, the SPCV looked like a cute little club. It didn't look like a moderator's headache in the making. I'm even more sure that he would not want his name invoked right now.

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 07/06/08 03:01 AM

Okay, well, I decided that if they can have a siggy, we can have one too.

Here's the code:
Code:
[img]http://www.ldwforums.com/attach/4718-SPCV3.jpg[/img]

Posted by: Airstream Raider

Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. - 07/06/08 05:03 AM