The gong and time traveling....

Posted by: Lemon Curry

The gong and time traveling.... - 08/31/07 08:10 PM

Oh, I get to ring the gong, but I get no island events. Maybe because I assembled the gong after the time travel. I was hoping a gong event would put a premature end to the long wait for crops, but no dice. I had the gong grant food at least once, where it should have revived the crops, but, alas, none showed up.

That would be a nice addition to VV3 when it comes out.
Posted by: laurence

Re: Gentle warning for time travelers.... - 09/01/07 07:01 AM

Originally Posted By: Lemon Curry
Oh, ...I had the gong grant food at least once, where it should have revived the crops, but, alas, none showed up....
Most of the time, when the gong grand food, it's the coconuts that you have to check!
Posted by: kittenangel2001

Re: Gentle warning for time travelers.... - 09/01/07 12:31 PM

yes its always the coconuts when it grants food...
Posted by: LadyCFIIAdministrator

Re: The gong and time traveling.... - 09/01/07 12:40 PM

It is not always the coconuts. Sometimes it adds to the food in other ways.
Posted by: laurence

Re: Gentle warning for time travelers.... - 09/01/07 12:44 PM

A little in the food bin, I think!
Or more fishes in the ocean? ;\)
Posted by: kittenangel2001

Re: Gentle warning for time travelers.... - 09/01/07 12:55 PM

I just noticed it was always my coo coo coconuts that got replenished lol.

Re: Gentle warning for time travelers.... - 09/02/07 01:01 AM

I always check the coconuts as well, but no dice. Since there are no crops, the coconut trees stay bare as well. Inexplicably linked!
Posted by: samcutie567

Re: Gentle warning for time travelers.... - 09/02/07 06:01 AM

the coconuts is replenished
Posted by: MandeJos24

Re: The gong and time traveling.... - 09/06/07 12:27 AM

What the time traveling all about. Trying to learn this game.
Posted by: Krystal

Re: The gong and time traveling.... - 09/06/07 12:31 AM

Time travelling is when you adjust the clock on your PC. It can (and most often will) adversely affect your game.

Re: The gong and time traveling.... - 09/06/07 12:31 AM

It's an almost certain way to mess up your game, sooner or later. You can look here for one long-running horror story involving unintentional "time traveling."

Re: The gong and time traveling.... - 09/06/07 07:39 AM

so, as luck would have it, i rang the gong yesterday and, lo and behold, my crops came back, as well as some coconuts. However, once the crops were harvested, the next crops are still not scheduled to come in until the original time (i.e. the messed up time). Oh well, at least one generation of farmers finally gets to experience harvesting crops!

Re: The gong and time traveling.... - 09/19/07 07:14 PM

My crops have finally caught up and are on a regular schedule, but I still don't get any island events. I've been playing for over 2000 hours, checking every day and I have only had 7 events.

can anything be done?

Re: The gong and time traveling.... - 09/19/07 07:26 PM

There is nothing you can do to restore everything in the game, except wait to see if it sorts itself out. Island Events are particularly tricky, because they are very dependent upon the actual date and time of the system clock.
Posted by: bethlham

Re: The gong and time traveling.... - 09/20/07 02:06 AM

When I started I didn't know about time-travelling either. I learned the hard way and my longest and best game suffered for it! All is well now, but to save you some time and effort, here is a link about time-travelling, what it is and probable effects, Good Luck!

Time travelling in plain language
Posted by: Damballah

Re: The gong and time traveling.... - 09/21/07 05:26 AM

Oh great! So everything in my villages will be fouled up when my machine changes from daylight savings time? I am nowhere near a techie, so I'm not sure how to fix it! And daylight savings isn't until the first week of November this year. If you start new games, does it straighten out? \:\?

Re: The gong and time traveling.... - 09/21/07 11:24 AM

Please see this sticky post for information about the game and Daylight Savings Time. \:\)