Anyone else get wee bit sad when a villager dies?

Posted by: Jazzo

Anyone else get wee bit sad when a villager dies? - 06/28/07 10:11 PM

Yes, I mourn for my dead ones, especially my favourites, like Lapis who died a maser at everything with no help from gongs or stews or events.
Posted by: Kelila

Re: Anyone else get wee bit sad when a villager dies? - 06/29/07 02:46 AM

I have only had one person die so far, and she was one of the two who fell over the waterfall. \:\( It's so sad. Her daughter honored her grave yesterday, and I nearly cried. And then there was Nio... *weeping*

On the other hand, my sister hates her tribe because of their... ahem... relationship issues. Imagine her glee to turn on the game one morning and fifteen of them had died of starvation. They were too stupid to care for their garden.
Posted by: Annthewhofan

Re: Anyone else get wee bit sad when a villager dies? - 06/29/07 10:58 PM

I was sad when the gong took a life of my fav villager at 50 he was a twin and almost an elder.
Posted by: Keza132

Re: Anyone else get wee bit sad when a villager dies? - 06/30/07 07:30 AM

i miss my first elder but ill alwayz remem her lol ;\)
Posted by: kittenangel2001

Re: Anyone else get wee bit sad when a villager dies? - 06/30/07 10:22 AM

Yes I to will miss my first elder she was a runner and loved to learn. she had reached elder status at the age of 45 and had a baby right after she got her totem. This was my very first tribe. \:\)
Posted by: samcutie567

Re: Anyone else get wee bit sad when a villager dies? - 07/13/07 04:44 AM

I am also sad!
Posted by: Safari

Re: Anyone else get wee bit sad when a villager dies? - 01/19/09 04:03 AM

well, none have died for me, but i think one might...

i'm looking up things to try and help
Posted by: Krystal

Re: Anyone else get wee bit sad when a villager dies? - 01/19/09 04:42 AM

I'm always sad to see my little villies go. I haven't unpaused them for a few weeks, but I still care about them!
Posted by: HappyPlayer

Re: Anyone else get wee bit sad when a villager dies? - 01/19/09 06:19 AM

Me too.
I even wept when my first villager died. frown She had gained a lot of skills and was the mother of many. smile I think my tribe secretly looked up to her. wink
Posted by: CaszaGirl16138

Re: Anyone else get wee bit sad when a villager dies? - 01/19/09 07:06 AM

I always get really sad too!!! Especially when my favourites pass on. cry I still miss Maisy, Candy, Mindy, Rose, and Lisa, my first villagers and village babies frown
Posted by: Becca123

Re: Anyone else get wee bit sad when a villager dies? - 01/19/09 10:26 AM

A "wee" bit sad? Gosh! I had tears in my eyes when my favorite villager, Tui, died. (I have a short story about him somewhere in the fan-fiction section.) cry
Posted by: VVFanatic

Re: Anyone else get wee bit sad when a villager dies? - 01/19/09 08:57 PM

I remember when my favorite villager died her name was mamba she was the best villager she was the first EE & the original villager that fell down the water fall I almost cried when she died frown
Posted by: pava

Re: Anyone else get wee bit sad when a villager dies? - 01/19/09 09:49 PM

I think that's why I stopped observing the game. After my gang discovered the Secret City, I couldn't bear to watch them grow old and die. Maybe I'm missing something, but once they reached that goal of seeing the SC, there didn't seem to be much point - watch them fish, have kids, and fill up the graveyard. We do that ourselves ...

Re: Anyone else get wee bit sad when a villager dies? - 01/20/09 01:58 AM

I love it though because its so sweet watching the little villagers grow up from tiny toddlers, to teenager-hood and then when they have their own children is so sweet!
Posted by: pava

Re: Anyone else get wee bit sad when a villager dies? - 01/20/09 03:56 AM

Yes, Casza, the same as in our noncyber lives ...

Re: Anyone else get wee bit sad when a villager dies? - 01/20/09 04:14 AM

Teehee yah... but I especially love the little villagers because they look so sweet!!!
Posted by: Cinimod

Re: Anyone else get wee bit sad when a villager dies? - 01/26/09 10:05 PM

Yeah sometimes I do get a little sad.

I really love my little guys.
Posted by: Survivor22

Re: Anyone else get wee bit sad when a villager dies? - 02/17/09 05:39 AM

Yes... wahh wahhh wahhh cry
Posted by: bluemoon12

Re: Anyone else get wee bit sad when a villager dies? - 02/18/09 12:03 AM

ya...it was really sad when my master scientist died frown
Posted by: Luke Gates

Re: Anyone else get wee bit sad when a villager dies? - 12/23/09 09:35 PM

It depends on the vilager.
Posted by: VVMan

Re: Anyone else get wee bit sad when a villager dies? - 12/23/09 09:50 PM

Yeah when the villager named after me died after 80 yrs of bonding i burst into tears but then i remembered that he had a son named after him and now hes my favorite villager
Posted by: Joine The Great

Re: Anyone else get wee bit sad when a villager dies? - 12/23/09 10:44 PM

I was crushed when I lost one I named after an anime character.

Then I checked to see what had happened, and she had been 66, and I nearly fell out of my chair because the character I named her after was in her mid-40s. LOL. XD
Posted by: 34liger98

Re: Anyone else get wee bit sad when a villager dies? - 12/24/09 03:30 AM

Same as what Luke said ^^^^ but, yes, very much.
Posted by: knksmiles

Re: Anyone else get wee bit sad when a villager dies? - 12/24/09 05:24 AM

I do get sad for the first generation or two when you spend a lot of time helping them survive and thrive. Once the villages get big I am much less attached to individuals. Unless I get a runner. I always get attached to them. smile
Posted by: CandyCaneGirl

Re: Anyone else get wee bit sad when a villager dies? - 12/24/09 04:45 PM

I always have the children of the dead people visit the sacred area, so they can like bond with their dead mom & dad,

Always super sad when one dies, especially when you bond with them... ;(
Posted by: frogboy

Re: Anyone else get wee bit sad when a villager dies? - 12/24/09 04:48 PM

I'm not really that attached to my villagers blush
Posted by: *Moonlyght*

Re: Anyone else get wee bit sad when a villager dies? - 12/26/09 07:37 PM

I get really sad when a villager dies. Every time.
Posted by: Mbee

Re: Anyone else get wee bit sad when a villager dies? - 12/27/09 01:10 AM

me too frown
I never let my villages get so big
so I get attached to everyone of them ...

but I know it is inevitable and celebrate what they accomplished with their children laugh
Posted by: Parvati

Re: Anyone else get wee bit sad when a villager dies? - 12/28/09 01:35 AM

Oh totally! I had this one who was a real pill (disliked work and learning, liked sleeping) and he drove me crazy, but I was sooo sad when he died!!
Posted by: Village Kid

Re: Anyone else get wee bit sad when a villager dies? - 01/17/10 09:50 AM

It depeneds on the villager.One of my first twins got affected by the gong and turned to a kid. (she was fishing at the time so I was a bit confused to see a kid in the sea)Now the adult twin is dead and the child is in here teens frown .
Posted by: lovethecolors

Re: Anyone else get wee bit sad when a villager dies? - 01/18/10 12:40 AM

Yeah, especially when you have like five old people and you come back and they're all dead! :[
Posted by: meggieprice

Re: Anyone else get wee bit sad when a villager dies? - 01/19/10 07:16 AM

I was so sad to lose Caleb and Nina, the two who came over the waterfall! Caleb was a runner too. I made sure she had several babies and he fathered a bunch before they died.
Posted by: horsecrazy123

Re: Anyone else get wee bit sad when a villager dies? - 02/14/10 08:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Kelila

On the other hand, my sister hates her tribe because of their... ahem... relationship issues. Imagine her glee to turn on the game one morning and fifteen of them had died of starvation. They were too stupid to care for their garden.

my sister got really mad at her tribe, too. She couldn't get any blonds for 18 generations, and then she finally got one. That blond was the first villager to ring the gong, and it killed her. She was only 20. frown She hasn't gotten any blonds since.

Originally Posted By: luke gates
It depends on the vilager.

That is true. I always feel guilty when I see a body on the ground, click on it, and don't recognize the name. I also get really sad when all the lazy villagers that don't work and are annoying die. It's ironic how much time I spend on them.
Posted by: 123isolagirl

Re: Anyone else get wee bit sad when a villager dies? - 04/10/10 05:08 AM

Not really that sad... but my favorite villager is 75(average life span in his family is 76) so my villagers are getting ready for a river of tears...if he dies grin / cry Anyway he was cute as a kid but now he is very smart, mastered everything except healing.
Posted by: dulcey

Re: Anyone else get wee bit sad when a villager dies? - 04/24/10 11:33 PM

I remember I really didn't want my VV3 jack of all trades to die, although I knew she would eventually! She lived to 76 in the end, and she managed to outlive a few people younger than her. When she was the oldest in the tribe, every time the population decreased I checked to see if it was her who had died!

I'm new to VV2 though and haven't had any deaths yet, but I really hope I don't lose my two waterfall peeps anytime soon! (I'm making sure they have a lot of kids during their lifetime too)
Posted by: GEOvanne

Re: Anyone else get wee bit sad when a villager dies? - 05/11/10 09:47 PM

There was one villager,Uma. She was my favorite from the day she could walk. I made sure that she was always happy and healthy.

I gave her only one mate (the most decent looking male in the village, he eventually became an elder).

Then one night, I hadn't planned on it, but I stayed at school late studying for an exam the next day and didn't get to visit my tribe until the next morning. She just needed to get a little more better at medicine to become an elder. But when I sign on she was dead. Yes, there were 4 new totems, but none of them were her's. And it wasn't so much the fact that she didn't become an elder that upset is, it's that I didn't get to say goodbye.
Posted by: motzknoche

Re: Anyone else get wee bit sad when a villager dies? - 02/22/12 01:39 AM

My very first Baby,forgotten her name, got 70 years old. When she died, I was really sad! And I still mourn every single death. I think it's really upsetting that death simply comes and none of the villagers get to say goodbye.