Leaderboards are up!

Posted by: CarlaAdministrator

Leaderboards are up! - 02/20/07 12:29 AM

Leaderboards for Virtual Villagers: The Lost Children are up!

Here is the link: VV 2 Leaderboards

There is also a permanent link on the left side of these forums! \:\)
Posted by: Lythanda

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 02/20/07 12:38 AM

Can't you throw out the time warpers?
Posted by: rwextreme

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 02/20/07 12:43 AM

Why are they ordered by number of babies that's hardly a measure of skill (especially if you've made more because of letting them die of starvation) can they not be ordered by number of elders or something else?
Posted by: jbart321

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 02/20/07 12:45 AM

Yeah, these can't be right. "mama" has been playing for over two months. Yeah, right. I don't even know why there are leaderboards since they are obviously loaded with false info.
Posted by: cyndi56

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 02/20/07 01:00 AM

I wholed heartly agree. You have to know there are quite a few on the leader board that are time warping and it's not fair to the rest of the people who want to be on the leader board. For myself I play because I love it. But I do think if you would like to be on the leader board it should because you played the game fairly & honestly.
Posted by: eyeshigh

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 02/20/07 01:00 AM

the leader boards have been changed already

they are sorted by number of elders now

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 02/20/07 01:20 AM

Yay, I'm in at number 46, not sleeping more than a few hours for the last 3 days has paid off! lol
Gotta go, must make more elders! \:\)
Posted by: Village_Monk

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 02/20/07 01:20 AM

still isnt right. 48 elders in 77 hours. My Arse

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 02/20/07 01:45 AM

heehee just went back 2 more elders had popped I'm now no.31, I got my last shell (that was a panic cos I wasn't really looking and expected it to disappear while i got a kid) and when my population cap went up by 5 I got my first triplets can't wait too see what happens when I get that last beetle
Posted by: rubymom

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 02/20/07 03:48 AM

I guess I don't understand how the leaderboards work. It shows hours played yet the game didn't come out until 5 days ago. 365 hours played is 15 days. If the people on the leader boards were part of the testers group, then the rest of us will NEVER catch up. The leaderboard then becomes a board for cheaters and testers. So what is the point for those of us who don't cheat and were not part of the testers group. Why should we participate, or am I missing something and the game was available for purchase 15 days ago.

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 02/20/07 03:55 AM

the people on there are cheating

look at #65. they started 136 years ago

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 02/20/07 03:56 AM

they work at trying to keep the board as kosher as possible, but its not always top priority

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 02/20/07 04:31 AM

It's hard to compete with the cheaters that time warp or use a hack to finish the game faster and/or easier. I mean, what's the point? You aren't doing it the right way, the only thing you're learning is how to cheat. Is it really worth spending the money on a game and cheating to beat it? Not to me, it isn't.

At this point though, it's easy to spot them. I just ignore anyone who's hours are greater than 120 or so. (I can check for the official release date & time on the Big Fish Games website)
Posted by: auntiekim

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 02/20/07 10:50 AM

maybe I'm missing something, but how do you get 26 elders from only having 1 baby?, is someone cloning?
Posted by: Tmac

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 02/20/07 01:04 PM

NEW LEADER BOARD FOR VV2 SUCKS !!!! DID YOU SEE SOME OF THEIR INFO. PLAYED 80 HOURS AND THEY HAVE 50 ELDERS. YEAH RIGHT!!!
THAY SHOULD HAVE 2 LEADER BOARDS. 1 FOR CHEATERS AND TESTERS AND 1 FOR PEOPLE WHO LOVE TO PLAY THE GAME~!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 02/20/07 01:32 PM

unfortunately it was the same for VV1. How do you filter the bogus results from showing up??? And to your question why do you pay just to cheat, my guess is they didn't even pay for the game either.... It's a shame hopefully they can get it worked out.

Posted by: TheVillageIdiot

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 02/20/07 01:56 PM

May I suggest having the first sort set to collectiables? And then the second sort could be elders. This way only people who actualy play the game with out cheating would be listed. Does that make sense?
Posted by: IBteri

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 02/20/07 03:30 PM

Hey great idea.

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 02/20/07 03:37 PM

Originally Posted By: tmac
NEW LEADER BOARD FOR VV2 SUCKS !!!! DID YOU SEE SOME OF THEIR INFO. PLAYED 80 HOURS AND THEY HAVE 50 ELDERS. YEAH RIGHT!!!
THAY SHOULD HAVE 2 LEADER BOARDS. 1 FOR CHEATERS AND TESTERS AND 1 FOR PEOPLE WHO LOVE TO PLAY THE GAME~!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It isn't the leaderboards that suck, it's the cheaters that ruin the stats for the rest of us. Unfortuntely, the boards are made out of submitted data, so there's no way to fix it to keep them from doing so. Unless, maybe, there's a way to filter out all those with hours played higher then the actual release date & time.

BTW, is it possible to turn off your caps lock when you post? It makes your posts hard to read for some people, me included.
Posted by: CarlaAdministrator

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 02/20/07 05:26 PM

Originally Posted By: TheVillageIdiot
May I suggest having the first sort set to collectiables? And then the second sort could be elders. This way only people who actualy play the game with out cheating would be listed. Does that make sense?

The data that is shown on the Leaderboards is taken from the stats page, so we need to choose among those fields. I don't think we can use the collectibles as a sorting, but I totally agree that it should be fixed.

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 02/20/07 05:29 PM

Ok, may I suggest adding number of collectables (non dupes) found to the stat page? yeahhhh, I didn't think so. \:\(

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 02/20/07 05:39 PM

i wish they could have left it the same from VV1 and just added, not replaced other stats with a couple diff ones \:\(
Posted by: Grann

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 02/20/07 06:49 PM

Leader board statistics should not be granted to anyone with hours played over the time that the game was released to everyone. Warpers should automatically disqualified. If you are keeping a spreadsheet then you can tell immediately who is not being honest and playing fairly. ZAP THEM OFF!!! Leaderboards status should not be allowed for testers. They already have a leg up on us because they are no longer trying to figure out what to do.

Lets be fair now!!!
Posted by: cyndi56

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 02/20/07 09:48 PM

I agree with Grann, throw out all the times that are not possible. At least that way you get rid of most of the cheats.

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 02/20/07 10:22 PM

that does get harder as time progresses

the only thing I can think of (with the info already on the stas page) is to have a minimum number of mushies collected before eligible to show up on the leader boards

at least then we know the person has spent some time playing the game correctly
Posted by: LadyCFIIAdministrator

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 02/20/07 10:24 PM

There are other ways, and we used them for VV1. We're looking at making the leaderboard a lot nicer - stay tuned. \:\)
Posted by: selianth

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 02/20/07 11:55 PM

Originally Posted By: LadyCFII
There are other ways, and we used them for VV1. We're looking at making the leaderboard a lot nicer - stay tuned. \:\)

At this point, it might be worth simply taking the leaderboard down until you have the 'kinks' worked out. That way you won't have people whining about it \:\)

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 02/21/07 12:08 AM

there will always be people whining about it \:\)

that is part of forum life

even if all of the cheaters were gone, there would be people upset because it counts this and not that

c'est la vive \:\)
Posted by: DieNarrin

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 02/21/07 12:38 AM

Not that any of us are competitive or anything!

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 02/21/07 12:40 AM

i'm less competitive than you!

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 02/21/07 12:41 AM

LOL
Posted by: mzcason

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 02/21/07 03:53 PM

look at #14, 1044 hours is 44 days, the game has not been out that long. #24 had 392 babies in 3 hours. imagine that.

i know it's hard to filter out the phonies, but hopfully when the board is updated it will only show hard working gamers.

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 02/21/07 04:06 PM

24 is bogus. #14 could be a beta tester, thus the more hours. \:\) It will work its self out in time, and I don't think there will ever be a way to make everyone happy. \:\)
Posted by: arnie

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 02/21/07 04:35 PM

Quote:
#14 could be a beta tester, thus the more hours
It's probably Arthur! \:D
Posted by: rubymom

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 02/21/07 05:04 PM

The leaderboard reminds me of a race, where we start out equal and want to see our progress against other legitimate players, only to find a slippery bunch have jumped on the bus got to the finish line and are celebrating how well they did. Takes the fun out of that portion of the game. Makes me wonder what kind of people they are in the real world...
Posted by: Amanda1681

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 02/21/07 05:07 PM

I'm making a leaderboard of my own and here it is:

I WIN

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 02/21/07 05:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Amanda1681
I'm making a leaderboard of my own and here it is:

I WIN

LOL. Can't argue with that!
Posted by: sallyscof

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 02/21/07 05:48 PM

Well said Rubymum! I love this game and have one elder after 3 days of playing....bit on the slow side I know, but am working towards getting more, wouldn't know how to time warp and dont want to know, its much more fun doing the thing properly.
Posted by: jaysplaypen

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 02/21/07 06:14 PM

people it is ONLY a game, stop crying about the leaderboards. just play it how you are happy and stop whining about those that play the way that makes them happy. Do you all think your whining about it is going to change somebody's veiw that you have never met.

I use this board to look for help, and the constant whining about the stats is rediculious. I have a 7 year old that whines less.
Posted by: huskergolfer

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 02/21/07 06:16 PM

This is just my opinion, and I will probably take alot of heat for it, but I have always enjoyed warm weather...:)

There are alot of games out there that are very competitive that require things be accomplished in a certain time, or score really matters as the sole purpose for playing the game. But to me, this game is different. I enjoy seeing my progress against LEGITIMATE PLAYERS, but that is NOT the reason I play the game. I play AGAINST THE GAME. VV and VV2 throws things at you that are challenging, and make you make decisions not always for the best of the score, but for the best of YOUR VILLAGE.

In VV1, I always had 3 games running (still do). Game 1 is all puzzles solved, all tech bought, and working on seeing how much food I could accumulate. Game 2 is all puzzles solved, all tech bought except level 3 Medicine, and seeing how many tech points I can accumulate. Game 3 is a test game and changes almost weekly. My most recent game is all puzzles solved, all tech bought except levels 2 & 3 of Medicine, and seeing if the fact that they die off sooner allows for more babies to be born in a certain period than the norm.

If I did the time warp [censored] and tried to compete with all the scores on the leaderboard, i'd have given up weeks or months ago. Time Warp [censored] with things on my computer that I NEED when i'm NOT PLAYING VV1. So that is not an option for me. However I will admit that I tried it once. My computer was messed up and needed to be formatted and reloaded, so I did a time warp game for 6 months in about 6 hours on VV1 to see what would happen. #1 it was no fun, because I didn't get to experience all the nuances of the game. #2 I almost lost all my villagers once because I forgot to train a parent before a clock set. It wasn't any fun, but I didn't expect it to be. I just wanted to try once to see what happened. In fact, my stats in my other games over the same period of time were better than my time warp game.

While I am long winded here, I would like to take this opportunity to tell the designers and beta testers at LDW what a wonderful job they have done on both of these games, and thank them for the many hours of enjoyment they have given me.

HG
Posted by: Simsane

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 02/21/07 07:09 PM

I don't really care whether there are cheaters or not. By the time I found VV1, the leaderboards were already waaaaay ahead of me, so I learned to just play for the fun of it. Oh, I still hit the statistics button just to see if any numbers change, but it has never mattered much, basically just curiousity. With this game, even though I too bought it on the 17th, I have just been playing for fun and I know I'll never make it on the boards, who cares?
Posted by: irishmaura

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 02/21/07 07:25 PM

My own feeling is that while the leaderboard isn't the most important aspect of the game to me, I do think that if there is to be one, it should be accurate, otherwise, what's the point??

I do think that the board should be split up into areas of interest i.e. stews, babies, elders, etc. and maybe that would be a more accurate picture of what really happens when you "refresh" your details.

And I decided to "refresh" my own details and was quite surprised to find my villages are on the board. In all the months I played VV1 I never made it, so I'll enjoy my little moment of achievement, haha!!

Best of Irish,
Maura

Posted by: huskergolfer

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 02/21/07 08:03 PM

If you want to order the leaderboard on something that is really difficult to cheat on, order it by # of Mushrooms found.

HG
Posted by: Gatsbi

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 02/22/07 06:03 AM

I agree with the mushroom count idea. Works exactly like the plan for searching by collectibles.....only those who actually play (or hack somehow) will make the list.

My thought for sorting priority:

1 Mushrooms
2 Elders
3 Stews made

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 02/22/07 06:05 AM

Oh...and drop anyone whose total hours played ever goes above the maximum time possible......counting from when it was released to the public!
Posted by: tracy1872

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 02/22/07 10:29 AM

yeah, but if you pause the game when you see a mushroom and drop a bunch of kids on it they will all but 2 pick up mushrooms... so that wouldn't work,,,
Posted by: Lady Emz

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 02/23/07 03:00 PM

I didn't realise the fun in the game was being better than everyone else.
I thought the fun in the game was the playing.

I play because it's fun, I fast forward because I get totally bored waiting for tech points. Fast forwarding means I can get to the fun parts again.

I'm sorry that this upsets you all so much but my advice is too play the game for the game itself and not worry so much what everyone else does or doesn't do.

Live and let live.

And Maura, I really like your idea of it being divided into areas of interest. And I do understand about there being no point in having one if it's not accurate. But even if you fast forward the boring parts you do still have work on making people elders, making stews ect.

And if there ever was a way to stop people who fast forward not being on the boards, I couldn't care less.

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 02/23/07 03:23 PM

I was also wondering, how hard would it be to design leadership boards for different numbers of hours played? Is that possible at all?

For example, have a 24* hours boards (that way people just starting have a chance to be on the boards) a 48 hours boards, then maybe a 5 day, a week, 2 week boards as well as having the overall board board that we do have now.

I don't know if that can be done or will even solve these people's problems, but it might help a little.

* Anyone that is has played for lwaa than 24 hours is eligible for the board, when they have reached 24 hours + of play, they are then eligible for the 48 hours of play board.

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 02/23/07 03:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Lady Emz
I fast forward because I get totally bored waiting for tech points. Fast forwarding means I can get to the fun parts again.
-snip-
I'm sorry that this upsets you all so much but my advice is too play the game for the game itself and not worry so much what everyone else does or doesn't do.

And if there ever was a way to stop people who fast forward not being on the boards, I couldn't care less.

Totally besides the fact that 'time warping' messes up other programs on your computer (it doesn't matter to me if you want to pay early for your anti-virus programs, etc that you've messed up by playing with your system clock), the game was designed to be played in real time, not 'sped' up by warping.

Part of real life is waiting for things to happen as they are timed to happen. Would you want to warp through a your child's childhood to jump ahead to when they leave the house? So many parents would, but then later on they'd wish they'd had more time with their children when they were little.

Patience is part of what this game teaches and warping to 'get to the fun parts' is not what real life is about.

You may say that 'it's just a game' and you're right, it is just a game, but, what's the value of a game you have to cheat playing to 'enjoy' it?

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 02/23/07 04:27 PM

My anti virus is free, it's quite good too, if anyone wants to check it out: http://www.avast.com/eng/avast_4_home.html

This is just a game. So I don't actually mind warping through these kid's lives at all \:\)

And part of a game is the fact that is ISN'T real life and it's supposed to FUN, while games may teach us important things about life and while at 26 I certainly don't know it all, there isn't much VV2 is going to teach me. I play it for fun and to get away from real life for a little awhile :).

And as for patience? I hear it's a virture, certainly not one I am familar with. But as my Mother (bless) spent 17 years trying to teach me that, I really don't think you or this game can help there \:D

And I don't think fast forwarding is cheating at all. I still have to play the game, still have to hunt for collectables, mushrooms and still have to figure out the puzzles. As for the puzzles, I did figure them all out on my own too, I'd say asking for hints or asking for the solutions is cheating more than fast forwarding those boring parts when I actually want to play the game.

And even if it is cheating, I enjoy the game more than 100% better my way so I haven't lost out at all, only gained ;\) and the value of the game was still $19.95 plus tax... I don't think that has changed...

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 02/23/07 05:28 PM

My main problem is that you seem to advocate warping your way through the game, and while your particular program(s) may not be harmed fooling around with the system clock, many are, and younger children that read this forum and play the game may take your words to heart and warp their way through the game and not only end up with dead villagers, but mess up programs that their parents spend money on to ensure the safety of their home computers.

Warp away if you want to, you are an adult, and you pay to maintain your own computer and its programs. But please stop advocating it as the way to enjoy the game. If children start playing with the system clock it can and will mess up not only the game, but other programs that parents spend money on.

Perhaps your mother may not have succeeded in teaching you patience, but other things in your life, including games, may be more successful at it.
Posted by: Cecelia

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 02/26/07 02:35 AM

I'm on the board! No time warp or anything. OK, OK I'm number 100, but I'm on the board!! I'm so excited. Just wish I could find that last beetle, hum. Go Cece's tribe!
Posted by: pcic57

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 02/26/07 04:25 AM

Here here (Lady Emz) I agree with you. I dont want to spend all of my free time waiting hours on end for something to happen just so I can get to the next puzzle to solve. This VV2 has certainly tested my patience. I think someone had too much time on their hand and figured we all do too. Villagers need to respond much quicker when we keep them on task.. HOORAY for the time warp. Unfortunately this game doesnt like warping.

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 02/26/07 09:43 PM

I have one question for the "cheaters"....

Are you proud of yourselves?

Maura
Posted by: serendipity

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 03/01/07 09:46 AM

i feel like i will never make the board...well in the top page...i only have 4 so far and no time warping...i feel if you time warp you take away all the fun of the game and it is cheating...i don't have a lot of time either...but i work on it when i can and feel proud of myself for not resorting to that level...if you think saying you have little time gives you a right to time warp then so be it...you are only cheating yourself of all the little perks the game offers...

Posted by: NitaNitro

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 03/01/07 11:55 AM

I made it to the board, no cheating just sat in front of my pc for many hours (I'm off work sick so easy for me at the mo, sorry guys!) I've been playing since it came out and I'm number 58 woo hoo!! Go Nitros tribe !!

Don't understand how they are ordered though apart from the highest village elders, what is the next criteria for the ordering does anyone know?

NN
Posted by: blue777

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 03/01/07 10:34 PM

congrats NN,
Quote:
Don't understand how they are ordered though apart from the highest village elders, what is the next criteria for the ordering does anyone know?

I am interested in that answer too?
Posted by: mysterybec

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 03/02/07 03:40 AM

Lady said she thought it was by babies, however it is not. Not sure how it is. I have not timed warpped or anything. I was on the board at 2nd the trib was Golden Land and someone name Joe was in 1st. Now Joe has dropped to 15th and I slowly watched my tribe fall compeltely off the leaderboard and I have more children than most of the board. So its a Mystery to us all.

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 03/02/07 03:43 AM

When I posted that, the leader board was ordered by babies. It has since been changed to Elders. \:\)
Posted by: mysterybec

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 03/02/07 03:56 AM

Yes lady we know that. It was the second cirteria we were wondering about like Elders then Babies or whatever. And yes I know that the leaderboard will be reworked sometime in the future.
Posted by: Anaksuel

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 03/02/07 07:17 AM

I just checked and I am on the leaderboard,(#67) no timewarping either. I never thought it would be on there. Whoo! \:D
Posted by: teresarae798

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 03/02/07 03:31 PM

I'm on the leaderboard, don't know what time warping is...and it says I have 1700+ hours. I purchased the game the when I received the e-mail notice it was available...but I'm pretty sure it wasn't over 70 days ago. I play it at double time, but that shouldn't make the counter increase...anyway, I don't get it. I'm enjoying the game, stuck on collections and not getting any elders after my 50th totem.
Posted by: kizzie

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 03/02/07 03:45 PM

how do i get to be on the leader board what do i have too do ???

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 03/02/07 03:54 PM

At this point get 50 elders then have more babies then the 50th person on the leader borad. \:\)
Posted by: aprylek

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 03/03/07 12:29 AM

Since there is a cap on the amount of elders and population allowed in the game the leaderboard should be based on the other things, divided by the hours spent playing, to give a "score", and those should be placed on the leaderboard....
Posted by: danfan

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 03/05/07 11:03 PM

Originally Posted By: aprylek
Since there is a cap on the amount of elders and population allowed in the game the leaderboard should be based on the other things, divided by the hours spent playing, to give a "score", and those should be placed on the leaderboard....

Is there a cap on the number of Elders? I assumed it was limitless.

I've got 50 Elders plus 2 other Villagers that qualify (they have 3 Master skills each) but won't convert to Elders. BUT I do see people on the leaderboard with more than 50 so.... I am confused.
Posted by: squawky

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 03/06/07 04:11 AM

Like the gravestones in VV1, 50 is the limit, but there is apparently an island event that will give you 51 (maybe if you get that event more than once you can get more than 51). People with a lot more have cheated by editing their save games to give themselves higher scores.
Posted by: serendipity

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 03/06/07 07:03 AM

yes i was wondering how this was even possible:

1 Zhang Lin 10 56 500076654 5000010 5000010 5000010

only 10 babies born and 56 hrs played my rear end
Posted by: blue_koka

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 03/06/07 07:44 AM

That makes no sense to me at all. How can Zhang Lin have that many points that many babies and that many elders at only 56 real time hours? I have 388 real time hours and have 127 babies 16 elders and 115 people. That is as high as you can go as far as population. I have 13 special stews and 15 Island events. How did this Zhang Lin do that with only 56 hours. How is that possible?

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 03/06/07 12:24 PM

It's not possible without cheating, that's the point.

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 03/06/07 02:48 PM

Yeah, I knew that fist one was a cheat but wondered about those with 53 Elders. I assumed they were accurate. So basically, all the scores with 51 or more Elders are wrong?

Disappointed that we can't have more than 50. I was planning to decorate the whole island with the totems.

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 03/06/07 04:01 PM

50 is the limit, but an Island Event can create elders even after you've reached the limit.
Posted by: kanona29

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 03/06/07 08:19 PM

Okay, this thread answered my question on whether there is a limit to Village Elders. I just made 50 and noticed some of my other villagers qualified to be a Village Elder but they weren't....

I remember when I was struggling to make 10 Elders and now I have 50....Took me all of 451 hours to do so...lol

I guess i'll focus on making lots of babies now and finding the rest of the collections...

Quick question about the leaderboard....How often do they get updated? daily?

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 03/06/07 08:44 PM

The leader board is continually updated as people submit their game statistics.

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 03/06/07 09:23 PM

Has the leaderboard criteria changed? I thought it went on how many elders and then based on something else. My internet stats on my stat page shows me at position 22 for Elders but I have dropped off the leaderboard completely. Not that I really mind not being on there, just wondered how it is monitored & if it has changed?

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 03/06/07 10:58 PM

The leader board and the stats in your game are calculated differently. The leader board is sort of an "all time" high scores record.

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 03/07/07 01:14 PM

The top two on the leader board at the moment:

Lone:
  • Babies 1800
  • Hours played 9
  • Tech points 590115000
  • Village Elders 410065408
  • Special stews 276447232
  • Island events 360184217

Zhang Lin:
  • Babies 10
  • Hours played 56
  • Tech points 500076654
  • Village Elders 5000010
  • Special stews 5000010
  • Island events 5000010

Yeah, right!

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 03/07/07 03:26 PM

As I've already said, the leader board has cheaters on it, we are working on an overhaul of the leader board, and it will be better when the new leader board is ready.
Posted by: BSteffen1961

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 03/07/07 09:21 PM

The person in #1 on the leaderboard has only played for 9 hours but has all those tech points and all those elders? Sorry but that doesn't seem at all possible.

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 03/07/07 09:42 PM

It's not possible by simply playing the game.
Posted by: blue_koka

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 03/07/07 10:00 PM

I think that the leaderboard should only have the leaders that play the game how it was entended. No warping and nothing other than what is possible for a normal game played.
Why in the world play a game that you only cheat at.
Thier not cheating anyone else other than themselves. And there isn't anyone that thinks its cool especially when they find out that it's all been one big lie.
The creators of the game know what is possible and what isn't possible.
I also think that if you were one of the testers you shouldn't be allowed to be on the boards because it was too much of an advantage.
They had a pretty big head start.
I don't play to get on the boards. I'm happy just playing to play.
I'm not trying to beat anyone.

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 03/08/07 04:46 AM

that is what most of us think too

unfortunately, it is hard to keep the cheaters off the board

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 03/08/07 09:31 PM

Originally Posted By: blue_koka
I also think that if you were one of the testers you shouldn't be allowed to be on the boards because it was too much of an advantage.
They had a pretty big head start.
I don't play to get on the boards. I'm happy just playing to play.
I'm not trying to beat anyone.

How very sad and mean spirited to want to disallow the testers. I'm certain that they are not way ahead of anyone, and probably just the opposite in many cases. The testing has been going on for quite some time and will continue just to make the game better for you and other players. A little appreciation would be nice, don't you think? And I think that unlike the time travellers and hexers, the testers will on the whole, play fairly. It is after all, just a game. But it would be nice if everyone playing would not just enjoy it for themselves, but for helping others along the way as well as being pleased for the players who have "fairly" made it onto the board.

I for one, would like to see seperate boards to focus on different things, with an overall leaderboard taken from that. I think it would be more interesting to see the different elements players can concentrate on. It would also mean more people would see their villages on "some" board, rather then the general (which is riddled with cheaters, unfortunately) leaderboard.

Best of Irish,
Maura

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 03/08/07 09:51 PM

Originally Posted By: irishmaura

How very sad and mean spirited to want to disallow the testers. I'm certain that they are not way ahead of anyone, and probably just the opposite in many cases. The testing has been going on for quite some time and will continue just to make the game better for you and other players. A little appreciation would be nice, don't you think? And I think that unlike the time travelers and hexers, the testers will on the whole, play fairly. It is after all, just a game. But it would be nice if everyone playing would not just enjoy it for themselves, but for helping others along the way as well as being pleased for the players who have "fairly" made it onto the board.

I for one, would like to see separate boards to focus on different things, with an overall leaderboard taken from that. I think it would be more interesting to see the different elements players can concentrate on. It would also mean more people would see their villages on "some" board, rather then the general (which is riddled with cheaters, unfortunately) leaderboard.

I don't wholly agree with either person. The testers DO have an advantage. They already know the puzzles and what to do to solve them. The rest of the people have to stumble around and figure it out, that's time the testers don't have to spend when the game is released.

While I appreciate the hard work the programmers and testers do before the game release, I don't think it's wholly fair for them to be on the leaderboards with those of us that had to start out blind.

I do agree about the cheaters though, they should be knocked off the board totally. I know there has to be a way to filter the results to do that.

Those that cheat only cheat themselves, they aren't fooling any of the rest of us.

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 03/08/07 11:05 PM

how many people do you think played the game the whole way through without asking advice in the forums, without looking up puzzle solutions in guides?

the vast majority of people who made it to the leaderboard, with or without cheating, got help on some part of the game

when testers start, there is no guide, no help for how to solve puzzles

keeping testers permanently off the boards would be awful, but the first week, its not a big deal, in my opinion

if there were a way to keep the darn cheaters (time warping and hex editing) off the leader boards, it would be done

i am sure they will look for a way to improve the board, but it does take time
Posted by: GeorgiaPeach

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 03/10/07 09:54 PM

Woohoo, I made the VV2 leaderboard (26). I have my 15 minutes of fame. ;\)

I only show 50 elders though and my stats on the board say 51. I read back on this thread somewhere that an island event can create 51, but I haven't had an event since last night when I hit the 50th elder (although I have had 5 more villagers eligible for Elder status). Did I miss something that should have been obvious?

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 03/12/07 08:56 PM

Does anyone know the latest way the leaders are calculated?

I know the first sort is by elders, but then what? (what makes one player with 51 elders higher than another with 51 elders?)
Posted by: Trunks

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 03/12/07 10:04 PM

I think it goes by the first one to get there.
Posted by: Eileen

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 03/13/07 01:00 AM

I finally made the leaderboard! Right now I'm at #51 (DeeDee) \:\)
Posted by: poottersmama

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 03/13/07 07:15 AM

How can the leaders of VV2 have such numbers? How unfair is that?
Posted by: ChristiRose

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 03/13/07 10:25 AM

I also would like to know how they are ordered after the elders. I finally reached 50 elders and have a bunch of high numbers on other things as this is my first tribe. I havent had the island event yet so I only have the 50 but I was just wondering if I had a chance.

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 03/13/07 02:16 PM

Originally Posted By: poottersmama
How can the leaders of VV2 have such numbers? How unfair is that?

They cheated, of course! It's easy to spot them, low hours, high birth rate. Or, even easier, hours played higher then is possible.

These players either warped or edited their game files.
Posted by: Chris_B

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 03/15/07 11:36 AM

The leader board is not important to me. And anyway why should I try to compete with cheaters?? I mean, 1800 babies in 9 hours!!
Posted by: Beenaberry

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 03/15/07 08:06 PM

Yay!! I made it at 99... well I think that's me. It all matches. And I haven't time warped!!

Yay!!!
Posted by: Amee

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 03/15/07 09:08 PM

Please (pretty please?) sort on a second column after number of elders. That really shouldn't be a big change, just add a comma and a column name to the order by part of your sql statement.
Posted by: Dianthus

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 03/15/07 09:12 PM

Originally Posted By: TheVillageIdiot

I've been playing for 619 hours and have only JUST got my final collectible. I've been playing the game properly and not time-travelling. I got all my elders ages ago and it tells me I'm only #32 (according to # of elders) when I check my stats, but I can't see myself at all in the leaderboards here :(.
Posted by: katlynbird714

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 03/18/07 10:21 PM

yeah, seriously. i was just on the leader board and the #1 spot is taken by somone who has been playing for onl 9 hours, yet has 590115000 elders! how is that even possible? please delete this cheater and the #2 person from the leaderboards!
Posted by: swedane

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 03/19/07 06:12 AM

I've had too much clean-fun playing the game, and therefore not too concerned with my personal scores. But, the obvious cheaters -- you know who you are -- should somehow be barred from posting their unrealistic scores!

"Cheaters ultimately end up cheating themselves."

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 03/19/07 01:25 PM

As we've said before, we are working on the leader board to clean it up and make it much better. Please be patient and you will see a big improvement.

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 03/20/07 06:39 PM

If you ask me (and I know you didn't) Jingles is the leader!!!!
Posted by: QuickStorm

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 03/20/07 06:57 PM

Gee, so much controversy over the leaderboards. There doesn't seem to be a way to please everyone.

Why not just eliminate the publishing of the boards and have the users only rely on their stats when they upload?

Sure its nice to have 15 seconds of fame with your name in lights but why make the game so competitive when it should be enjoyable and fun.

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 03/20/07 08:18 PM

i was hoping they could put an exception rule in there somehow

make it mandatory that more than 100 hours had to be played but less than 1000

that might move the top ppl off at somepoint, but it would give others a change to be on the board

actually, the ideal situation for me would be to have multiple leader boards

1) all time high tech points or food or whathave you

2) a limited board that has the play time exceptions

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 03/20/07 09:13 PM

No matter what you designate as the premise before going on the leader board, someone, somewhere will always find a way to cheat to get around it.

There's just no way to keep all the cheaters off the boards. The Tech points or whatever set up would be violated just as easily as that one person with 50000010 elders. S/He would just edit the game file to fit in as they've already done. Warpers could probably be dealt with by limiting the time frame from date of release (which would drop off the person that's played for months, and definitely get the one that's played for 136 years off there). Unfortunately, the hacking cheaters are not dealt with quite so easily.
Posted by: Yawarakai

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 03/21/07 08:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Gatsbi
Oh...and drop anyone whose total hours played ever goes above the maximum time possible......counting from when it was released to the public!

Like the number one player who has been playing for 35 years?
How do you play for 306619 w/o having any babies? You would think everyone would be dead by then.
Posted by: Terina

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 03/21/07 08:36 PM

Just a quick note to the moderators, Number 28 Dumba**es 254 517 4798724 51 12 26 , slightly offensive to a site that has younger players, perhaps having the names screened as well.
Posted by: ArthurAdministrator

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 03/21/07 09:10 PM

Yeah people have been pretty courteous up til now. Well even that offender (which I deleted) was not tooooo bad.

I deleted those top 3 cheaters too, although this manual deletion may not stick. We should give the server code some more improvements obviously.

We are about to hire another network coder who hopefully will be able to give these leaderboard issues the attention they deserve.

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 03/21/07 11:12 PM

It is enjoyable and fun but why should the stats of obvious cheaters count? It takes away from those that have put the time and energy and love into their villages.If they want to cheat go for it but why post it? What did they gain by cheating except to be publicly seen as cheaters? How can they be proud to share their short comings like that?
Posted by: Yawarakai

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 03/25/07 10:58 PM

It is annoying to work on a village and check your stats only to find out you are number 999 in the stats. I know it will never catch up there.
Posted by: Reindeer25

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 03/27/07 03:24 PM

May I know how do I submit my score?

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 03/27/07 04:27 PM

scores are automatically submitted when you hit refresh on the statistics screen

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 03/28/07 02:29 PM

Cheaters are back on leader boards........ Why would they post their numbers?

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 03/28/07 02:33 PM

'KTF' is obviously fake. I can't see at first sight any other obvious cheaters, though.
Posted by: Jer

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 03/28/07 03:27 PM

Just take a look at the hours played. How long since the release of VV2 anyway? Some say their game has lasted well over a year.

Jer

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 03/28/07 04:23 PM

Wasn't it 15 February? That's about 40 days or 960 hours. Some BigFish beta testers got the game a little earlier so call it 1000 hours. Apart from KTF there are four names on the leaderboard that give over that time. Two are obviously cheats; the others are possibles.
Posted by: arcadiarose

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 03/30/07 12:22 AM

And how about people who have more than 50 elders? I haven't been on the forums in a while, but as far as I last knew, 50 was the limit unless you were editing code/cheating.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong and maligning anyone. I'll apologize.
Posted by: Borg

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 03/30/07 12:25 AM

Originally Posted By: arcadiarose
50 was the limit unless you were editing code/cheating.

I read someplace that an island event could get you over 50. I could be mistaken.
Posted by: Terina

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 03/30/07 07:19 AM

Originally Posted By: Borg
Originally Posted By: arcadiarose
50 was the limit unless you were editing code/cheating.

I read someplace that an island event could get you over 50. I could be mistaken.

Yes there is an event that can give you more then 50, that is just the limit you can acheive yourself through hard work, the event can give you one more(if you get the event more then once you can get more) so people with legitimat times and tech etc, with over 50 elders, are not cheaters, they were just lucky with events \:D
Posted by: Dianthus

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 03/31/07 08:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Yawarakai
It is annoying to work on a village and check your stats only to find out you are number 999 in the stats. I know it will never catch up there.

I think that too. I got all 50 elders and it said I was 28th (or something like that) so I checked the leaderboards - only to find I wasn't on them :(. Apart from the elders, and having solved all the puzzles (which puts me on #1 in that category), I think that my highest position is around 700 or something.

On what other criteria besides number of elders are the leaderboards ranked?
Posted by: Suze

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 04/11/07 12:03 AM

How bout set it up that all the stats a person submits are averaged to 1 number for the leaderboard. Won't stop the cheaters but will make them have to edit everything. \:\)
Posted by: oertels6

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 04/11/07 02:22 AM

Originally Posted By: eyeshigh
scores are automatically submitted when you hit refresh on the statistics screen

Im curious how the boards are ranked after the number of Elders? I know I have one village with higher numbers of hours played, children born etc....than many of them on there, with 51 Elders, but mine doesnt show up on the leaderboards?
Posted by: Suze

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 04/15/07 02:38 AM

I took all my stat #'s and averaged em out. I would be ranked 153 if the leader board went that high. I guess I'll have to keep playing. Hopefully I'll get granted another elder or two so I can acually get on the board. Sad life when getting on the VV2 leaderboard is exciting \:D
Posted by: Phantom_Flame

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 04/23/07 01:51 PM

Last I checked, the top two leaders on the leaderboard have over 100 elders. One of them has had only 7 island events (thus needing no explaining of their status as a CHEAT!). The other has 189 elders and 130 island events. Even if all of those events were the one that grants an extra elder (not likely), they still would have 9 extra elders remaining unexplained. My diagnosis: CHEAT!

The people who run the forums really should set up the leaderboards so they can montior them and remove such obvious cheaters from the rankings.

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 04/23/07 07:41 PM

they do the best they can phantom

they have removed the cheaters from the board a couple of times not (at least)

unfortunately, the cheaters are really really determined
Posted by: Pinkfish

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 04/25/07 01:04 AM

Originally Posted By: Phantom_Flame
Last I checked, the top two leaders on the leaderboard have over 100 elders. One of them has had only 7 island events (thus needing no explaining of their status as a CHEAT!). The other has 189 elders and 130 island events. Even if all of those events were the one that grants an extra elder (not likely), they still would have 9 extra elders remaining unexplained. My diagnosis: CHEAT!

The people who run the forums really should set up the leader boards so they can monitor them and remove such obvious cheaters from the rankings.
although I have NEVER done this , I think they way to get the island event multiple times is something to do with saving your game file, just before you get an event, if you dont want that event you put in your saved file and will get a new event, some peeps seem to have sussed this out...doesn't explain the person with 7 events listed, personally I dont like messing with the game files unless the game has a level editor!
Posted by: Phantom_Flame

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 04/25/07 02:10 AM

Originally Posted By: Pinkfish
personally I dont like messing with the game files unless the game has a level editor!

Amen to that.
Posted by: AnthonyK

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 04/28/07 02:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Lythanda
Can't you throw out the time warpers?

I agree, I just looked at the leader board... it's quite interesting...

28190 Babies in 37 hours. I've heard of gettin busy.. but WHOA!

Some of the scores there seem quite impossible. I can see the issue with keeping it "clean" though. So many people feel the need to cheat to be on top.

Back in the day I used to play Dungeons & Dragons, and I was a GM. A buddy and I had a saying... You make a scenario that gives the players 10 ways out and only 10 ways out... someone WILL think of an eleventh way.
Posted by: Wonka2

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 05/01/07 05:07 PM

In VV2, how did that one person get more than 18 stews?

Is it possible?

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 05/01/07 05:24 PM

hex editing...cheating

in a real game, it is not possible

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 05/01/07 06:02 PM

would it be somehow possible to ban certain player names so that their games do not constantly reappear on the leaderboards after the staff manually deletes them?
Posted by: sfrose

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 05/01/07 06:09 PM

Or IP addresses... The problem with banning player names is that two different people can have the same player name. I know that once I saw another player with one of the names I use show up on the board, but I knew it wasn't me. AFAIK, there is no way to edit a player name without deleting game.

I agree with those that say that it gets frustrating with never being able to appear on the boards. (Once you get 50 Elders, you need to be really lucky to get the right event affect the right villager to get an additional Elder.) It may be better to reset the board each month. At least that way those who are active, but already have 50 Elders, have a chance of seeing their name.

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 05/01/07 06:20 PM

i'd still like to see all time leader boards and monthly leaderboards that are only for people who have updated during the month

i should think it would also be pozzible to disallow stats that include more than 18 stews, more than 60 elders, etc (unless they are really really nice and allow us more than 50 elders (though not more than 50 totems)

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 05/01/07 06:34 PM

I still think there should be a way to have the GC appear when a person/s cheats.

Like you get more than 18 stews --
you get more than 60 elders (I used 60 because of the event that gives you one) --
you have more babies than possible -- you have more hours played than possible.

I think giving these people the GC would be just desserts.

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 05/01/07 06:42 PM

more babies than possible might be hard, esp for those of us trying to make a lot of babies

also, the hours played would have to be changed on a regular basis and might take up too much time - now a minimum hours played would work

i don't think anyone could get 50 elders+ without playing at least 50-60 hours, at the very least

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 05/03/07 04:07 AM

in the top 10 on the leader board I believe only one is genuine
looking at hours played , number of babies etc and even that is suspect to query

my first village has been running from feb
and only 400 babies in approx 1700 hours 8 sets of trips and I just call in and set a few guys to parent from time to time
even maxed out at population at 117 , I missed it , but its in my stats
I cannot see how most of the list did this and I would like advise how to over 200 babies in 261 hours and as for the one on top , well maybe 2147483647 is their telephone number and they are really really lonely, call them aw bless! hahahahha

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 05/03/07 11:12 PM

I have 800 babies in 900 hours. I keep my tribe young. When I have too many old people, I make a lethal stew, then more babies.

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 05/04/07 01:28 AM

hahaha willywonka you are cruel lol
Posted by: st6596

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 05/04/07 07:51 AM

How do you make a "Lethal" stew, the nearest I can get is one that makes them ill, but they dont want to die from eating it.

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 05/04/07 07:59 AM

There is one stew that has worse effects than just getting ill. Check the "recipes" in the Guides section of the forum.

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 05/04/07 10:52 AM

Even that stew doesn't kill the villagers immediately, though. You have to feed it to them several times (I think five, from memory).

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 05/04/07 02:34 PM

I believe it depends on their health level to start..., but I've never purposely killed a villager using the stew.

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 05/04/07 04:09 PM

The leader board is (ordered by number of Village Elders)!
is there a 2nd criteria used that sorts the position out if many people have the same number of elders?
Posted by: gokul

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 05/05/07 01:40 AM

I think the concept of leaderboards is wrong..Maybe it should be done away with...it only increases the no.of cheaters as everyone wants to go up the leaderboard...If this is the case not even a single genuine players name would be on the leaderboard after 10 days....

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 05/06/07 07:57 AM

Ok I have now been a member for about a week and see what you all mean about cheaters, whilst most people love to get their 15 minutes of fame & get their name on the board it seems to me that if you are one of the "lucky" ones that gets 51 or even 52 elders you will stay on the board for ever, even if they quit the tribe & start a new one.
One option could be if players dont update their stats every so many days then they drop off the board, also the board could be extended with a button to view the next 100 etc. I appreciate it won't do anything to stop the cheaters but if it was set to show all players who had acheived the 50 elders & 16 puzzles/tasks at least the honest people would get the chance to say "I made it"
Posted by: Amanda1681

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 05/06/07 09:54 PM

If someone doesn't want to be competitive, they don't have to click refresh, or check the leaderboards, or check these posts. ;\) That's just randomly to whoever thinks there shouldn't be leaderboards, no specific person in mind. \:\)
Posted by: kimmar

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 05/07/07 07:52 AM

Personally I would like to see a patch that enables you to get more elders. As it is the only way you can get beyond 50 is by pure luck.

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 05/12/07 01:55 AM

Let's face it.
We all feel our names should be up there.
And if we were, you all would be under me, of course.

Posted by: Chris_B

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 05/18/07 12:24 PM

I haven't looked at the leaderboard for a while but I'm glad to see it's been fixed. I don't expect to see myself on there, though. I'm not very good at making elders.
Posted by: Andulamb

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 05/18/07 03:39 PM

I don't know if this has been said, but... When you click Statistics, you see how you rank in 13 different categories. But on this website, the Leaderboard shows only 6 categories, and it's ranked based on a single category only -- number of elders.

Seems to me that if players are ranked in 13 categories, then there should be 13 Leaderboards. Or there should be one Leaderboard that shows all 13 categories and it should be sortable. Surely that doesn't seem too far-fetched.

I mean, here I am past 2000 hours of playing time and I'm finally getting to the tops of some of the categories, but I'm never going to have more than 50 elders and so I'm never going to appear on the one and only Leaderboard. That kinda sucks.

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 05/18/07 06:51 PM

Four of my villages have the normal maximum of 50 Elders. The stats page within the game shows I am 77th (yesterday I was 72nd). However, none of my villages appears on the leader board, which is supposed to show the top 100. All 100 show 51 or more Elders. How does that work, then?

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 05/18/07 07:31 PM

Last night my stats page said that I was rank 75 in elders. Wow, I'm gonna look on leader board -- NO WAY, JOSE.

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 05/18/07 09:14 PM

IIRC, the rankings in the game are based on people who are activily playing (or have submitted stats in the last X days.)

The website Leaderboard (for FT, VV1 & VV2) are all players from the beginning of time (except for removal of cheaters.)

Therefore, people who have already gotten lucky* and achieved 51+ elders get on the board, but if they stop playing then they no longer count when the game checks the stats.

IMHO, reseting the website board each month would give people are are active a chance to get listed, even if for a short time. Those with better rankings would return when they play again.

But I remember reading that there were complaints (in FT or VV1?) when LDW tried that approach.

Originally I thought that ranking by Elders would be a good thing, since people actually had to play and manage their villagers to achieve a high number of Elders, but at the time I didn't know that there would be a limit of 50 per game (except for lucky* exceptions.)

*The only time that I've gotten an additional Elder because of the event, I was still under 50 total, so that didn't help my stats. Now I don't usually bother trying for 50, but just play the game and occasionally see if I want to make a new Elder.

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 05/19/07 12:25 AM

If I am running my game at 2x speed, and I never pause it, How can my ranking get worse for hours played.
I can't see that being possible.
Any ideas?

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 05/19/07 12:27 AM

hours played means real hours played, even when the game is on 1/2 speed or paused

people who had not updated in a while may have reopened a game and thrown the stats, or there could be cheaters time warping

the stats are based only on the people who have updated within x amount of time, so it can change from day to day, even dropping your rankings

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 05/24/07 06:11 PM

WOW really nice new leader board... of course it is super wonderful to see myself right up there!

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 05/26/07 12:15 PM

Does anybody "what" the event is that gives you an extra elder

Re: Leaderboards are up! - 05/26/07 02:16 PM

I think the new leader board looks great and yes it's nice to see my name but I was wondering if there was a way to see where you stand overall like an average of all your rankings.
I know people are ranked higher than me at some things since some concentrate on one thing. I'd like to consider myself a more complete player, ranking high in every category, so on an overall board I would rank higher.
Make sense?
Either way, great job and thanks.
Bill