VV2 Timing problem?

Posted by: Sanderella

VV2 Timing problem? - 02/15/07 04:40 PM

I downloaded and bought VV2 a couple of hours ago from BigFish and I seem to be having a problem where nobody is aging, they're working on buildings for hours but the percentage isn't rising, the hours left in the fire is fluctuation between 18 and 9 without anyone touching the fire, and most strangely, a mother with a baby is jumping from "nursing for 69 minutes" to "nursing for 111 minutes" and then back to 69 minutes within seconds.

Is this a glitch anyone else has? Will there be a new build released soon? It's annoying that I can't progress at all since I can only ever have 4 adults who aren't learning!

On a good note, this looks GREAT! I love the added challenges of "collectables!" I can't wait to see what the birds do and what happens when I can clear the rocks from the stream!!

Thanks,
Sandra
Posted by: LadyCFIIAdministrator

Re: VV2 Timing problem? - 02/15/07 04:42 PM

The only time we have seen the behavior that you describe is when there is a problem with the computer's system clock. You should keep an eye on the date and time that your system clock is displaying and make sure that it's correct.

Re: VV2 Timing problem? - 02/15/07 04:43 PM

Thanks, Lady!

I don't have a problem with my system clock, never have... You've never experienced this problem otherwise?
Posted by: ArthurAdministrator

Re: VV2 Timing problem? - 02/15/07 04:46 PM

Try restarting your computer once, Sanderella. Please keep me informed if this wierd behavior keeps up. PM me.

Re: VV2 Timing problem? - 02/15/07 04:46 PM

As an aside, I just opened my version of VV1 again to test it, and it's still working perfectly!

Re: VV2 Timing problem? - 02/15/07 04:47 PM

No, we have not seen anything like that in testing. If your clock is correct, then something unusual is happening. As Arthur said, keep us posted on this situation.
Posted by: bajantara

Re: VV2 Timing problem? - 02/15/07 04:49 PM

ARe you by any chance changing from 2x to normal speed and back?

Re: VV2 Timing problem? - 02/15/07 04:52 PM

I was on my first attempt, but I deleted that game and started a new one hoping to reset it. I kept it at 2x speed from the first moment. I'm still having issues.

Re: VV2 Timing problem? - 02/15/07 04:54 PM

I'm not sure what else to tell you guys. With my villagers not aging, there's little I can do in the game.

Re: VV2 Timing problem? - 02/15/07 04:58 PM

Are you playing the trial or purchased version? And, just to make sure, you have made NO adjustments in your system clock, even deliberately?

Re: VV2 Timing problem? - 02/15/07 05:01 PM

Haven't touched my clock in years. Haven't needed to!!

I bought my version through Big Fish a couple of hours ago.

I'm going to try rebooting on Aurthur's suggestion.

Re: VV2 Timing problem? - 02/15/07 05:20 PM

I haven't touched my clock in years. I haven't needed to.

I am playing the purchased version - I bought it a couple of hours ago through BigFish.

I just rebooted at Aurthur's suggestion, I'll keep you all posted.
Posted by: arcadiarose

Re: VV2 Timing problem? - 02/15/07 05:29 PM

My copy is working perfectly, and I did move from normal to 2x speed, as I've got a nursing mama I want to get working again ASAP.

I bought mine at Big Fish, too, at a few mins. after 8 a.m. Pacific time. I did not download the demo first.
Posted by: cosmicearthgirl

Re: VV2 Timing problem? - 02/15/07 05:37 PM

Mine is also working fine and I've changed the game speed as well with no issues. I feel for you though! That must be really frustrating!
Posted by: s h a k l e

Re: VV2 Timing problem? - 02/15/07 05:52 PM

I've played trial, mine is allso from BFG, and I've changed speed from normal to 2x, several times, but everything works good..
Posted by: ArthurAdministrator

Re: VV2 Timing problem? - 02/15/07 05:58 PM

We'll get to the bottom of it, Sanderella, don't worry. \:\)
Posted by: irishmaura

Re: VV2 Timing problem? - 02/15/07 07:24 PM

I did have this happen to me as well, and posted about this, I think it was in B2.

I had three games going and only one was affected. I hadn't touched my clock and as the other villages were fine, I ended up deleting this village and the new one worked alright.

Best of Irish,
Maura