Should we recommend other games?

Posted by: ArthurAdministrator

Should we recommend other games? - 06/28/07 11:07 PM

Hi!

We started recommending other games that we like to help people pass the time between LDW releases. We've put a little button on the bottom-right of the forums, in case you did not notice.

Thoughts on this?
Posted by: Kasey323.ink

Re: Should we recommend other games? - 06/28/07 11:57 PM

Yeah, it's a good idea. I like to play games everynow and then. But jus the little "kiddie" games. LOL LOL.
Posted by: Keza132

Re: Should we recommend other games? - 06/29/07 07:29 AM

I like to try out different games as well every now and then!!
Posted by: Gamemastr1

Re: Should we recommend other games? - 06/29/07 05:49 PM

I have a wide interest when it comes to games. I have word/spelling games, a few "Tycoon" games, some arcade style games, and one 3rd person shooter game. Not too much into the killing, blood, and gore. Oh and I have many hunt and seek games like the Hidden Expedition game advertising now although I do not have Everest, I do have Titanic and others.
Posted by: bajantara

Re: Should we recommend other games? - 07/01/07 06:38 PM

I like it. I'm sure you know your LDW audience, and while I don't expect you to recommend directly competitive games,I'm sure the ones you recommend games will fit within the "taste" range of your patrons
Posted by: jlb67

Re: Should we recommend other games? - 07/01/07 11:46 PM

I think it's a good idea. I have many types of games from Hidden Expedition. Mystery case files - Huntsville & Prime suspect. Agatha Christies Death on the Nile. Diamond Mines plus a few more. I like to have a variety to play while my villagers keep up their daily lives. I agree with bajantara.
Posted by: bethlham

Re: Should we recommend other games? - 07/02/07 07:05 AM

Is the button titled 'Last Day of Work Main Site'?
Posted by: QuickStorm

Re: Should we recommend other games? - 07/02/07 09:44 PM

Arthur, I think it's a good idea. Just one question, is it a recommendation or is it an advertisement.

My reasoning is that if you call it a recommendation and someone doesn't like the game; they might use these forums for venting.

Just my opinion.
Posted by: ArthurAdministrator

Re: Should we recommend other games? - 07/03/07 08:29 PM

Originally Posted By: QuickStorm
Arthur, I think it's a good idea. Just one question, is it a recommendation or is it an advertisement.

My reasoning is that if you call it a recommendation and someone doesn't like the game; they might use these forums for venting.

Just my opinion.

It's both, Margi.

Yes--it's an ad, in that we get a few bucks if someone buys a copy of the game from the link we put up.

However, it is certainly a recommendation because we are not ever going to suggest a game that I would not buy myself.

People are certainly welcome to rant about these games, LDW games, or any games, here on the forums.
Posted by: TheVillageIdiot

Re: Should we recommend other games? - 07/03/07 09:02 PM

I'm down with it Arthur! What better way to learn about new games then from an ol'e pro like you?

Re: Should we recommend other games? - 07/04/07 04:25 AM

Thanks for the clarification, Arthur. I'm glad that you'll be getting some dough for the ads.

Now that being said, LDW receives revenue for putting the ad on your website; would you receive extra money if I used your link. Because, if that were the case, I would definitely purchase using your link.

Warren, you are being bad again, you just called Arthur ole. Bad, Warren, bad. \:\)
Posted by: CarlaAdministrator

Re: Should we recommend other games? - 07/04/07 06:22 PM

Actually, we don't get anything for placing that picture.

We get a few bucks only if you purchase the game using that link.

Re: Should we recommend other games? - 07/04/07 10:58 PM

Thanks, Carla. I will make it a point of purchasing through your link.
Posted by: TheVillageIdiot

Re: Should we recommend other games? - 07/05/07 02:09 AM

Me bad? NOT! ;\) I did not say "old", I said Ol'e pro, meaning experience, not age. ;\)
Posted by: Jazzo

Re: Should we recommend other games? - 07/06/07 01:00 AM

yeah yeah, SURE ya did, LOL, JK

Re: Should we recommend other games? - 07/06/07 01:01 AM

Thank you, Jazzo. Warren, get in the corner, you bad! j/k
Posted by: Rahman

Re: Should we recommend other games? - 07/06/07 07:37 AM

I like new games. What about if you all go and check Reflexive Arcade. I have download many games.
Posted by: tibicar

Re: Should we recommend other games? - 08/05/07 06:26 PM

we are huge wonderland fans and spend a lot of time on midnight synergy's site.
Their newsletter has games from other small independent makers.
It's a geat idea as without this kind of support small game producers will never develop.
I am sure when starting out LDW would have apprecited the support from other game makers. \:\)
Posted by: HazelEyedGal

Re: Should we recommend other games? - 08/24/07 09:18 PM

I like the idea even more if its a turn around support system for other independent type game companies. What a great way to help increase both of your audiences. I hadn't brought Dream Chronicles yet, I'm trapped in the woods with one sign that won't validate. Erg.. anyway... I probably will buy that game anyway since now its a matter of principle to get through it. LOLOL
Posted by: Toxik

Re: Should we recommend other games? - 10/30/07 09:09 PM

I think its a good idea because alot of people get bored with staring at the screen looking at your slowly progressing village.
Its good to play another game while playing Plant Tycoon,Fish Tycoon or Virtual Villagers.
Posted by: Jazzo

Re: Should we recommend other games? - 10/31/07 01:51 AM

Or while waiting for VV3 \:D
Posted by: Borg

Re: Should we recommend other games? - 10/31/07 03:58 AM

Originally Posted By: Arthur
.....a little button on the bottom-right of the forums, in case you did not notice...
I must be blind or my web browser is blocking it. whats the little button look like?

also, not sure if it is politically correct to mention it, but for a little while, big fish games is selling Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst for 99 cents. I think I paid $20 for it about a year ago. It is one of those hidden image games where you go from room to room and try to find 10-15 items they list, and every so often there is a puzzle to be solved. I give it a 7.5 out of 10 stars on the Borg-o-meter. I would say it is worth every penny of 99 cents \:\)

but if anyone is planning of buying ravenhearst, and if they can see that button at the bottom (the one that i can't find), and if it links to BFG, use it to buy ravenhearst \:\) - generate some money to pay the rent here \:\)
Posted by: laurence

Re: Should we recommend other games? - 10/31/07 07:37 AM

A few month ago, a little picture of ravenhearst with a link was here, but it's gone!
I already have this game (and the others of the same serie) and I like it too! \:\)
Posted by: TheGnome

Re: Should we recommend other games? - 10/31/07 08:12 AM

Help!! Arthur, I can't find the "little button"
Posted by: LadyCFIIAdministrator

Re: Should we recommend other games? - 10/31/07 11:42 AM

You won't find it, because it's not there anymore. The title of the box was something like 'While you wait for Plant Tycoon,' and that's no longer relevant. \:\)
Posted by: samcutie567

Re: Should we recommend other games? - 11/07/07 12:27 PM

ok but I love simulations!
Posted by: AtarahPern

Re: Should we recommend other games? - 11/07/07 06:21 PM

It's gone? Good, I thought I was going crazy there for a minute. But shouldn't there be another one...While you wait for FT2 or VV3?
\:\)
Marcey
Posted by: etinka

Re: Should we recommend other games? - 12/06/07 08:30 AM

Can't the little button come back, please??? snifffff
Posted by: Jared

Re: Should we recommend other games? - 02/09/08 07:59 PM

cool!!
Posted by: lucas

Re: Should we recommend other games? - 02/23/08 04:55 AM

Yes that would be cool to find out about other games
Posted by: halidog

Re: Should we recommend other games? - 03/09/08 07:15 PM

I think LDW should only promote games like what we play here (Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon, Plant Tycoon).
Posted by: heatherndan

Re: Should we recommend other games? - 03/15/08 12:56 AM

I agree

Re: Should we recommend other games? - 03/15/08 02:46 AM

I think it is cool that LDW has a while you wait game especially if it will help in bringing in revenue. It costs money to produce the games we have come to love and I want to see LDW keep producing high-quality family games. Also, I'm sure you would never see LDW promoting a violent or X-rated game.
Posted by: Airstream Raider

Re: Should we recommend other games? - 03/15/08 02:51 AM

Im all out for them...but i cant download um \:\(
Posted by: Houjun

Re: Should we recommend other games? - 03/15/08 03:08 AM

Originally Posted By: QuickStorm
I think it is cool that LDW has a while you wait game especially if it will help in bringing in revenue. It costs money to produce the games we have come to love and I want to see LDW keep producing high-quality family games. Also, I'm sure you would never see LDW promoting a violent or X-rated game.

Like I said elsewhere, you are truly wise QuickStorm as I complete agree with what you have said here. If the games they recommend will help bring in a bit more revenue for LDW, I'm all for it, especially since I know for sure that they will be family games and nothing that is inappropriate for younger forumers or even older forumers who can't stand violent or X-rated games will be contained in these recommended games. \:\)
Posted by: CaszaGirl16138

Re: Should we recommend other games? - 09/06/08 01:52 PM

I reckon it's best if ldw only reccomends the games they spent months slaving away to create \:\)

Besides, there are other sites such as the Apple website where we can download other games that are to our exact interests whilst we tick off the days towards the next ldw release!
Posted by: cattales

Re: Should we recommend other games? - 02/04/09 05:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Arthur
Hi!

We started recommending other games that we like to help people pass the time between LDW releases. We've put a little button on the bottom-right of the forums, in case you did not notice.

Thoughts on this?

Button? No button here! A couple of links, no button. I suppose you did away with it before I saw this post. Too bad. I would have checked it out.
Posted by: cattales

Re: Should we recommend other games? - 02/04/09 05:31 PM

Originally Posted By: etinka
Can't the little button come back, please??? snifffff

Ditto.
Posted by: virtualruler

Re: Should we recommend other games? - 02/17/09 12:50 PM

im interested in most computer games
Posted by: VF_Life

Re: Should we recommend other games? - 12/23/14 01:36 AM

Choice 1.