What magazines do you read most often?

Posted by: LadyCFIIAdministrator

What magazines do you read most often? - 05/25/07 03:40 PM

What kinds of magazines interest you? When you buy or subscribe to a magazine, what type of magazine is it most likely to be?

Please feel free to reply and tell us about your favorite magazine(s) and why you like them.

Posted by: Rand

Re: What magazines do you read most often? - 05/25/07 06:55 PM

I chose the Science/Nature/Technology magazine because I think thant some of the picture are just gorgeous. Especially those pictures of space. (Yes, I am a Trekkie. QaplaH!)

(QaplaH! means "success" in the Klingon language.)
Posted by: Laurelshere

Re: What magazines do you read most often? - 05/26/07 02:54 AM

I actually read more stuff on line than from magazines. However, I subscribe to a cooking magazine for diabetics, and when I go to the doctors I like to look at health and medical magazines and also travel magazines.
Posted by: eyeshigh

Re: What magazines do you read most often? - 05/26/07 01:42 PM

I'm more of an online person myself

we do always have cooking magazines laying around tho, beacause i love to cook and try new recipes when i have time

i also try to keep up with teaching magazines, and read about the political scene, but i really don't go get magazines for that
Posted by: kimmar

Re: What magazines do you read most often? - 05/27/07 08:26 AM

I'm a science and nature nut. I miss OMNI...my fellow geeks will know what I mean LOL
Posted by: Izzy2k2

Re: What magazines do you read most often? - 05/27/07 09:10 PM

I'm also an online person. I go to howstuffworks.com to get a "view" of science. However, my middle school subscribes to that magazine.

And I LOVE the Omniplex! Last time I went there (a week ago), I tested what would happen if you clapped in the echo tube. It sounds like gunshots \:8 !

I hope you guys get what I mean...
Posted by: skellington1313

Re: What magazines do you read most often? - 05/28/07 07:01 AM

The only magazines I read are the ones that come with my membership to animal charities.
Posted by: Kasey323.ink

Re: What magazines do you read most often? - 05/31/07 07:48 PM

Only just noticed this topic, LOL.
I've subscribed to The Tresures of the Earth (it's about minerals and gemstones), Lego magazine. Oh, and not to mention The Dog Artlist Collection. \:\)
Posted by: arnie

Re: What magazines do you read most often? - 06/01/07 03:28 PM

The only magazine I'm subscribed to is a computer magazine, so I checked "Science/Nature/Technology".
Posted by: PurrfectPeach

Re: What magazines do you read most often? - 06/02/07 11:54 AM

What category would The New Yorker fall under?
Posted by: CarlaAdministrator

Re: What magazines do you read most often? - 06/04/07 10:21 PM

Hmmm, maybe both the News/Political/Business/Finance and Art/Entertainment (Movies, TV, Fashion, Fine Art, Books/Literature, etc.) ??? \:\)
Posted by: TheVillageIdiot

Re: What magazines do you read most often? - 06/05/07 04:02 PM

My current subscriptions are:

The Indiana Business Journal
Answers in Genesis (Creation Science)
Biblical Archeology
Popular Science
Group Magazine (Youth Ministry)
Gun Magazine

I think there are more, but that is all that comes to mind at the moment.
Posted by: PurrfectPeach

Re: What magazines do you read most often? - 06/06/07 09:52 AM

"Answers in Genesis" + "Gun Magazine" = LOL

Very eclectic interests, VI ;\)

Re: What magazines do you read most often? - 06/06/07 11:56 AM

Originally Posted By: PurrfectPeach
"Answers in Genesis" + "Gun Magazine" = LOL

Very eclectic interests, VI ;\)

hehe, well I'm very open minded. \:\)
Posted by: MochaJew

Re: What magazines do you read most often? - 06/08/07 05:27 PM

As a Tapestry Maker, I enjoy Cross-Stitch, Quilting, Doll Making and of course, creative writing.
Posted by: colourmehappy

Re: What magazines do you read most often? - 06/08/07 07:05 PM

Computer mags are mine. And of course the shops that sell computer stuff. I'm addicted to games. And building new computers.
Posted by: Tmac

Re: What magazines do you read most often? - 06/09/07 04:29 AM

i love national geographic
also county music mags and people mag
and don't forget star and national enquirer
yes those are my guilty pleasure

Re: What magazines do you read most often? - 06/11/07 12:40 PM

Originally Posted By: tmac
and don't forget star and national enquirer
yes those are my guilty pleasure

"Guilty pleasure" LOL They can be very entertaining, or so their front cover looks.
Posted by: Jazzo

Re: What magazines do you read most often? - 07/06/07 09:13 PM

I don't read many magazines but I LOVE techno magazines. \:\)
Posted by: Village Idiot Jr

Re: What magazines do you read most often? - 08/07/07 02:39 PM

i voted for sport magizines mainly because im into sports
Posted by: HazelEyedGal

Re: What magazines do you read most often? - 08/24/07 09:12 PM

My magazine indulgence is Star. I confess. One thing is for sure, there is no star envy on my part. Only annoyance on how they throw things away, like their soberity, their careers and their integrity. My main stock pile is Knitting magazines of all kinds and then Real Simple and Body and Soul. That reminds, there was a receipe in one of those that I wanted to cook for dinner this weekend....
Posted by: Dianthus

Re: What magazines do you read most often? - 08/24/07 10:58 PM

I usually read New Scientist and Reader's Digest and I get Radio Times every week for the radio programme listings (I don't have a TV) and for the puzzles on its back page. I also buy computer magazines if I see one which looks interesting.

I only read women's magazines if I'm stuck in a doctor's or dentist's waiting room and there's absolutely nothing else. Half of the ones published are aimed at married women with families and the rest are nothing but trivia about celebs I've never heard of and really couldn't care less about or full of articles about sex and fashion for people who are half my age with twice as much money \:\( .
Posted by: lp7p

Re: What magazines do you read most often? - 09/14/07 02:07 AM

I don't read magazines, I like books. Anything pertaining to the BIBLE. But mostly the BIBLE.
Posted by: miniflowers

Re: What magazines do you read most often? - 09/15/07 03:20 AM

Not big on magazines since Omni dropped out of sight, but I do like Smithsonian and National Geographic. More of a book reader - I like the way they smell!
Posted by: Zaratu

Re: What magazines do you read most often? - 09/18/07 02:16 AM

I read news magazines (i.e. Newsweek), Good Housekeeping (it hasn't made me a better housekeeper), and occasionally I will get either a computer mag or a People (only if the cover has someone who doesn't irritate me and most of them do on some level), mostly I read books: W. Michael Gear and Kathleen O'Neal Gear have a good series of historial fiction about Native American Tribes.
Posted by: Skwgle

Re: What magazines do you read most often? - 09/18/07 04:33 AM

Not a magazine reader, at the doctors or dentist I will hunt for Readers Digest, easy to read and you don't miss it when you put it down. If I need information I usually do a web search, I love books though, at the moment I have 3 I am waiting to read but you released PT

Re: What magazines do you read most often? - 09/18/07 08:57 PM

I like apple computer magazines!
Posted by: SaxyT

Re: What magazines do you read most often? - 09/21/07 06:29 PM

I'm all about the Reader's Digest. Addictive little magazine! And I learn a lot from it every month. Really not sure what category it falls under though.
Posted by: MelBel

Re: What magazines do you read most often? - 10/25/07 09:50 PM

i like magazines..

haha

jazzo nice post

Re: What magazines do you read most often? - 10/25/07 10:53 PM

LOL, yah, well, it's true \:D
Posted by: Rainbowfish

Re: What magazines do you read most often? - 10/26/07 11:34 PM

I subscribe to one fishy mag - Aquarium Fish. I also used to subscribe to Beadwork Magazine and Bead & Button magazine. They're still good but a bit pricey nowadays.

I pretty much read anything involving fish (I own several aquarium fish), beads (I run a beaded jewelry/decor business), and pretty much anything on nature. Yes, I'm a tree-hugger.

Or I would be if there weren't bugs IN the tree.

\:D
Posted by: Damballah

Re: What magazines do you read most often? - 10/28/07 05:45 AM

I read "The Smithsonian," several NEA magazines (National Education Association), "Cat Fancy," (I have 2 Egyptian Mau Kittens) and "National Geographic". I also read other educator's magazines and articles, and information about diabetes and dialysis, because my husband has both. One other I take is "Birds & Blooms" because the garden photography is gorgeous, and in the middle of a Western NY winter, it makes me know that it won't last forever! I also subscribe to "Mind, Body, Spirit"...mostly because in some Circles I'm known by the name of Lady Salem.
Posted by: Annthewhofan

Re: What magazines do you read most often? - 12/09/07 12:20 AM

I don't read any above magazines only TV choice and Dr Who monthly.
Posted by: swedane

Re: What magazines do you read most often? - 02/13/08 05:10 PM

I'm a 'National Geographic' enthusiast and animal LOVER. Been a subscriber for longer than I care to remember. Besides the gorgeous photography, I like how the magazine covers current issues; history, geology, sociology, and on and on, from all over the World.
Posted by: Rainbowlady333

Re: What magazines do you read most often? - 02/13/08 09:31 PM

I didn't see a category for science fiction or spirituality ...

I read Unity magazine, Spirituality & Health, Spirituality & Technology ... and belong to Beliefnet, where I subscribe to a few groups, and get daily insights and articles from their varied selection of topics.
Posted by: lucas

Re: What magazines do you read most often? - 02/23/08 04:54 AM

I read alot to do with hobbies I like to play with clay I make all kids of stuff
Posted by: CaszaGirl16138

Re: What magazines do you read most often? - 08/15/08 01:02 PM

I read Australian girly mags like TotalGirl \:\)

I also read various Doctor Who magazines \:\)
Posted by: cattales

Re: What magazines do you read most often? - 02/04/09 05:40 PM

I have memberships in a few hiking/outddor clubs. I read their newsletters. That's about it. If I'm waiting at the dentist, etc, I'll look for the nature or health periodicals.
Posted by: Rachel72

Re: What magazines do you read most often? - 04/19/09 04:21 PM

I don't read magazines anymore
Posted by: emri

Re: What magazines do you read most often? - 04/20/09 09:08 PM

EveryDay with Rachael Ray.My daughter is a subscriber,and she gives it to me.
Posted by: Dr.Lea

Re: What magazines do you read most often? - 04/20/09 10:29 PM

I also love Everyday w/ Rachael Ray, Gourmet magazine, cosmo & scientific american.

Lea