[POLL] Where did you find Fish Tycoon!?

Posted by: ArthurAdministrator

[POLL] Where did you find Fish Tycoon!? - 04/29/06 10:24 PM

We love it when Fish Tycoon-ers come home to LDW, but we are dying to know where you found the game!

Feel free to post to this thread if you found it somewhere that we did not list.
Posted by: GrammaBobbie

Re: [POLL] Where did you find Fish Tycoon!? - 04/29/06 10:30 PM

Games2Download sent me an email about Fish Tycoon. I'd always liked the fish screensavers ... but had wanted one where you could actually feed the fish and take care of them. ............ Now I get to breed them toooooo!

As you might have noticed......... I LOVE THIS GAME!
Posted by: knep

Re: [POLL] Where did you find Fish Tycoon!? - 04/29/06 11:03 PM

I was sent Fish Tycoon from a friend...I bought it 2 nights ago...I was so happy to start playing. Then got home a remembered I have a membership to Shockwave and could have have it for "free" OH well live and learn. Do you know how I can play my game at work at home? Do I need a program like PC anywhere? kneptune
Posted by: Emerik

Re: [POLL] Where did you find Fish Tycoon!? - 04/30/06 10:00 AM

I saw your request for Mac Beta testers on a news site and so I got to this place. I don't regret I took a look here
Posted by: Rainbowfish

Re: [POLL] Where did you find Fish Tycoon!? - 04/30/06 05:15 PM

I have a MSN Passport, and I play games often on MSN. I saw an advertisement for Fish Tycoon, and decided to try it out.

Oh, by the way, Yahoo and Shockwave later added the game to their lists... but it was MSN where I first found it.
Posted by: SilvaraWilde

Re: [POLL] Where did you find Fish Tycoon!? - 04/30/06 05:54 PM

I found it on Amazon.com when I was looking to see what Tycoon games had come out lately. Then I went and found the website. *grin*
Posted by: CaraBeans22

Re: [POLL] Where did you find Fish Tycoon!? - 05/01/06 02:23 AM

When I bought a new PC the trial version of FT was already downloaded onto it.

Re: [POLL] Where did you find Fish Tycoon!? - 05/01/06 02:49 AM

Quote:

When I bought a new PC the trial version of FT was already downloaded onto it.

Was it a used PC? What was Fish Tycoon already doing on it? Are we being bundled with some hardware that we don't know about?

Re: [POLL] Where did you find Fish Tycoon!? - 05/01/06 04:15 PM

NO, Both of the new Hp PC's that I bought already had the trial version on them.

Re: [POLL] Where did you find Fish Tycoon!? - 05/01/06 04:39 PM

Probably one of our distributors got some deal together and has some trial versions bundled with new PCs. When you ran the game, who was 'selling' that version of Fish Tycoon? Was it trying to send purchases to Big Fish Games, for example, or some other distributor?

Re: [POLL] Where did you find Fish Tycoon!? - 05/01/06 04:50 PM

I'm Not sure. When I open the games section on my PC then click on BUY FT it only lists a price. Now that I read your post again, when I open my full version of FT it says it's a Big fish/ LDW game......Hope that helps
Posted by: piercey

Re: [POLL] Where did you find Fish Tycoon!? - 05/02/06 05:51 PM

My friend told me about it.
Posted by: toomanyfish

Re: [POLL] Where did you find Fish Tycoon!? - 05/04/06 03:04 AM

I saw mine on MSN - the Australian nineMSN website, to be precise. They were featuring it on the front page of their website. I'm not a big games person, and I get sick of them easily.

I like Fish Tycoon, because I don't get "stuck" at a level that I can't get past.
Posted by: Melborne

Re: [POLL] Where did you find Fish Tycoon!? - 05/26/06 06:22 AM

searchin the newsgroups and found it, along with 9+ other Tycoon games.
Posted by: annieredhead

Re: [POLL] Where did you find Fish Tycoon!? - 05/26/06 11:20 AM

I've been playing it on the Shockwave web site, the problem is I keep getting an unspecified error which shuts down internet explorer. this has happened to me on my old computer too so I think its something to do with Shockwave, it's driving me mad!
Posted by: LadyCFIIAdministrator

Re: [POLL] Where did you find Fish Tycoon!? - 05/26/06 11:23 AM

Unfortunately, that particular error occurs in the Flash version of the game on all browsers, on Macs as well as Windows. The good news is that your game isn't wiped out when that happens, so you can just start it back up again.
Posted by: YaelleG

Re: [POLL] Where did you find Fish Tycoon!? - 05/26/06 04:48 PM

Looks like someone's profiting off of your product! Better investigate.
Posted by: Niagara_Carol

Re: [POLL] Where did you find Fish Tycoon!? - 05/27/06 12:07 AM

I saw a banner ad for it at incredigames.com
Posted by: non

Re: [POLL] Where did you find Fish Tycoon!? - 06/02/06 06:59 PM

i was surfing the net
Posted by: Huntress

Re: [POLL] Where did you find Fish Tycoon!? - 06/03/06 09:24 AM

The first time I saw anything about fish tycoon was a email from incredigames. It looked interesting so I downloaded it tried it and got hooked,lol. It took me awhile to find the website & forums.
Posted by: Bluecoral

Re: [POLL] Where did you find Fish Tycoon!? - 06/18/06 10:40 PM

(other) in the Apple site. really enjoying the game. there are reviews in some sites that are outdated by the way. cons refering to typos and other issues that seem to have been patched.
Posted by: platinumgarb

Re: [POLL] Where did you find Fish Tycoon!? - 06/20/06 05:56 AM

i found it on reflexive via a link sent by a friend. we work together and she has been going on and on about this addiction she had. well i finally nosed in and asked what she had been talking about. it was fish tycoon, of course! now i'm addicted!
Posted by: Fierrah

Re: [POLL] Where did you find Fish Tycoon!? - 07/15/06 12:19 AM

I found it when i was trawling though Palm.com's list of games and i came across LPP. I downloaded the trial but realised i was missing out of some things, so i followed it back to where else but LDW's home page.

At that point i virtually hit gold when i came across FT and PT, and later VS.
Posted by: ezgi

Re: [POLL] Where did you find Fish Tycoon!? - 07/23/06 09:04 AM

I found the trial version at a game site.then I searched at emule and downloaded it.
Posted by: WereDragon

Re: [POLL] Where did you find Fish Tycoon!? - 07/25/06 02:46 PM

i found it on addictinggames.com
Posted by: Village_Monk

Re: [POLL] Where did you find Fish Tycoon!? - 07/25/06 05:28 PM

Quote:

I found the trial version at a game site.then I searched at emule and downloaded it.

Isnt that a P2p site? So hes using a cracked version im assuming lol....could be wrong

Posted by: Abbey

Re: [POLL] Where did you find Fish Tycoon!? - 07/26/06 04:03 PM

I got mine originally at
http://www.clubgames.pogo.com/?refid=13
Posted by: Llama

Re: [POLL] Where did you find Fish Tycoon!? - 07/26/06 06:03 PM

I got bored of my old true time game. I used to play OGAME a lot (online strategy game) but I really hated it the game being so timeconsuming. I did a google search for tycoon games and ended up at some gamespage and downloaded the game. I never thought fish were so intersting.
Posted by: cheekydee

Re: [POLL] Where did you find Fish Tycoon!? - 10/01/06 03:20 PM

PCToday recommended. Tried it and love it.
Posted by: faye

Re: [POLL] Where did you find Fish Tycoon!? - 10/06/06 02:29 AM

i believe i found it via my palm software links.. somehow i found village sim and then the links to ldw
Posted by: Doom_Dragon

Re: [POLL] Where did you find Fish Tycoon!? - 10/08/06 09:15 PM

www.apple.mac.com/downloads
Posted by: mizmudgie

Re: [POLL] Where did you find Fish Tycoon!? - 10/09/06 05:40 AM

One of my co-workers got it from Pogo, she turned 5 of use onto it.
Posted by: Cinimod

Re: [POLL] Where did you find Fish Tycoon!? - 01/10/07 03:26 PM

I find most games on Big Fish games so yeah that`s where I found it.
Posted by: arnie

Re: [POLL] Where did you find Fish Tycoon!? - 01/10/07 06:08 PM

Mine is branded by Big Fish games, but it wasn't their site that I downloaded it from; I've forgotten exactly where.
Posted by: KristyS

Re: [POLL] Where did you find Fish Tycoon!? - 02/21/07 01:12 AM

Palmone.com
Posted by: SilvaraWilde

Re: [POLL] Where did you find Fish Tycoon!? - 03/12/07 03:34 AM

I found it on Google. I was bored one night and looking for a good fish simulation to keep me entertained since I can't have a fish tank till I move.
Posted by: Terina

Re: [POLL] Where did you find Fish Tycoon!? - 03/12/07 05:53 AM

Big Fish here, I get EVERYTHING there, LOL im so addicted. somone please help \:\?
Posted by: melikevv

Re: [POLL] Where did you find Fish Tycoon!? - 04/17/07 08:39 PM

i like playing ft
Posted by: Funkiroller

Re: [POLL] Where did you find Fish Tycoon!? - 05/22/07 07:21 PM

I found Fish Tycoon on Reflexive. That is where I get most of my games. I just typed Tycoon in the search box.
Posted by: K.A.M.I.

Re: [POLL] Where did you find Fish Tycoon!? - 07/03/07 12:47 AM

I found it on BigFish games and played it free online. That's actually the game that introduced me to LDW games!!!!
Posted by: Jazzo

Re: [POLL] Where did you find Fish Tycoon!? - 07/06/07 09:04 PM

Do you guys still work with RealArcade cuz thats how I found Fish Tycoon and VV1
Posted by: bonniethejo

Re: [POLL] Where did you find Fish Tycoon!? - 08/17/07 11:37 PM

Hi I bought FT and PT for Palm OS at Astraware. After some problems with my Palm, Astraware directed me to you folks at LDW, where I discovered FT for Windows on the LDW site. So I really should have selected both LDW and Other (for Astraware). I'm really looking forward to PT for Windows!
Posted by: HazelEyedGal

Re: [POLL] Where did you find Fish Tycoon!? - 08/24/07 09:07 PM

I really don't remember, it was so long ago. I get most of my trial games from Game House. I find myself in obessive waves of playing all kinds of games, then taking a break. It also could have been ona link during one of my many blog reading/clicking on links marathons.
Posted by: Slowmo

Re: [POLL] Where did you find Fish Tycoon!? - 08/26/07 03:20 AM

I purchased through Shockwave. Both vv's where downloaded from there as well using unlimited membership. The problem there is you don't own the game. If I get around to purchasing will probably do so through Big Fish as you can get a break there if you buy several.
Posted by: Complexity

Re: [POLL] Where did you find Fish Tycoon!? - 04/21/08 09:30 AM

gamehouse.com

I was bored, and it was listed as a favorite at the time so I downloaded the trial version, liked it, and then paid for the full version.

I have Fish Tycoon, VV1 and VV2. Looking forward to VV3.
Posted by: VVFanatic

Re: [POLL] Where did you find Fish Tycoon!? - 07/13/08 08:57 PM

I chose ldw because I was first drawn to this site about vv2 then saw fish tycoon
Posted by: CaszaGirl16138

Re: [POLL] Where did you find Fish Tycoon!? - 09/06/08 01:53 PM

I found PT on the LDW website after I got VV1 and VV2
Posted by: Havetia

Re: [POLL] Where did you find Fish Tycoon!? - 11/11/08 11:12 AM

Truthfully I really can't remember where I first found it. I'm pretty sure it was Real Arcade, because I used it to download demos. Than I found Big Fish and bought it from there. laugh
Posted by: Hbruton

Re: [POLL] Where did you find Fish Tycoon!? - 12/30/08 05:51 AM

I found the lite version for download on my Itouch, under most popular free downloads. Once I played it I was quickly hooked (sorry:) and went promptly found the full version to pay for:)
Posted by: Joine The Great

Re: [POLL] Where did you find Fish Tycoon!? - 01/03/09 04:14 PM

Incedrigames.com! laugh I first played the online version there, then the one on LDW!
Posted by: djenvz

Re: [POLL] Where did you find Fish Tycoon!? - 01/28/09 04:11 AM

Found fish tycoon lite in the app store Top Free Apps smile
Posted by: VF_Life

Re: [POLL] Where did you find Fish Tycoon!? - 12/23/14 01:36 AM

From here.
I mean I saw about it at the forums but also found out about it from Big Fish Games (which is what I purchased it at.)
Posted by: VF_Life

Re: [POLL] Where did you find Fish Tycoon!? - 02/02/15 05:38 AM

Here's more detailed information.
I found out about F&P Tycoon after I found out about Virtual Villagers and I soon bought FT&PT the day before thanksgiving 2014
PS:I don't play at bigFish anymore and they won't give me refunds so I am working up the money to buy PT and VV series here.
PPS:I already bought VF1 and VF2 from here.