POLL: New Name of Village Sim - CLOSED

Posted by: CarlaAdministrator

POLL: New Name of Village Sim - CLOSED - 03/18/06 01:13 AM

We probably need to change the name of Village Sim (for the Windows version). We do have a couple of names in mind but we would like to have a poll to see if there is a general preference.
Posted by: Brenda

Re: Weekly Poll: change name - 03/18/06 12:04 PM

I picked the first one, because I tried to imagine each one in a finished, colorful splash screen, and that one seemed to be the best suited. Using "Lost" in the name automatically conjures up the ever popular "Survivor/Lost/Island" themes that still persist... so it would definitely grab the "audience", as things in that genre still do.

Using "Isola" in the name didn't grab me, but it could work, if you used it in a larger, grabbing font, with "...the Lost Village" in a smaller font underneath.

The last two seemed a bit too technical or descriptive... what the game IS, not what it should be called. That would be like calling "The Sims" - "The Simulations", or "The Simulators"... hmmm, save that one for a futuristic village version, with Arnold Swhatever as the lead villager.
Posted by: zhenia

Re: Weekly Poll: change name - 03/18/06 03:58 PM

Isola: The village might be a little better in terms of branding as everyone who plays fish tycoon would know of Isola but Lost Village or Villagers might not be as easy to find on search engines and other things like that or be as easy to remember since those words are so ubiquitous. Just my two cents.
Posted by: Honor

Re: Weekly Poll: change name - 03/18/06 08:40 PM

Hm, going on a limb here; how about combining two of the suggested titles into: "Isola: The Lost Village"

Gives it a mysterious quality that may draw curiousity and thus, interest.
Posted by: LadyCFIIAdministrator

Re: Weekly Poll: change name - 03/18/06 09:09 PM

Oooooh! I like that!
Posted by: Brenda

Re: Weekly Poll: change name - 03/18/06 09:38 PM

Well, that's what I said... it would work, if "Isola" was in a larger font, with "the Lost Village" underneath, in a smaller font underneath.
Posted by: LadyCFIIAdministrator

Re: Weekly Poll: change name - 03/18/06 11:53 PM

So you did! I must not have had enough coffee this morning, and sort of missed that!
Posted by: ArthurAdministrator

Re: Weekly Poll: change name *DELETED* - 03/19/06 03:39 PM

Post deleted by Arthur
Posted by: fssia

Re: Weekly Poll: change name - 03/20/06 12:36 AM

Why do you have to change the name for Win version?

Anyway, Isola: The Lost Village is definitely the best of the bunch.
Posted by: Catman51

Re: Weekly Poll: change name - 03/26/06 03:42 AM

I like Lost Village. Arthur, as per the pic on your blog, you look nothing like the little pudgy guy in Fish Tycoon!
Keep me in mind for the Village, er..Lost Village test!! Thanks
Posted by: MasterSmiley

Re: Weekly Poll: change name - 04/11/06 06:13 PM

VillageSim V1

Make more then one version i cant wait its been months almost a year
Posted by: JustAGirl

Re: Weekly Poll: change name - 04/12/06 12:28 AM

I voted for Isola: The Village . . . but in agreement with what others have said, I think it's sound a bit punchier if it was "Isola: The Lost Village" or "The Lost Village of Isola".

Just my $.02!
Posted by: pyoung

Re: Weekly Poll: change name - 04/12/06 03:08 AM

No worries here mate... current name is fine for the moment!

Peter
Posted by: sarahjanel

Re: Weekly Poll: change name - 04/14/06 06:48 PM

I also personally like Isola:The Lost Village
Posted by: Niagara_Carol

Re: Weekly Poll: change name - 04/15/06 08:11 PM

I like Isola: The Lost Village the best. It just fits the game so well.
Posted by: Buttoneer

Re: Weekly Poll: change name - 04/20/06 08:15 AM

I voted Lost Village but agree with others that Isola: Lost Village or Isola: The Lost Village is a much better option.