What do you think about VF2 genetics?

Posted by: XayAdministrator

What do you think about VF2 genetics? - 05/22/13 05:47 PM

Ajuma came up with this awesome idea, and I thought it was great, so here's what she has to say:

In VF1, family members fell in a range between the mother's and father's "heads". In VF2, the kids can come from anywhere in the "heads" spectrum.

My question is: Do you prefer the VF1 or VF2 scheme or don't you care?

-----

Please vote first, then, if you'd like to, comment to tell us which way you voted and why. smile

Thanks from Ajuma (and me!)

Posted by: txmom2

Re: What do you think about VF2 genetics? - 05/22/13 10:47 PM

I voted "no preference". I think it's nice for family members to look like their parents, but I also think that the variety is pretty cool too.
Maybe a compromise could be something similar to VF1's system, where you normally get kids from the range between the parents' heads but sometimes get a "rare kid" aka one from outside that range, but have the "rare kids" be a little less... rare. I don't know if that's even possible.
Posted by: ajuma

Re: What do you think about VF2 genetics? - 05/23/13 01:48 AM

I loved the VF1 genetics. I loved trying genetic experiments with my families!
Posted by: Princess_Atta

Re: What do you think about VF2 genetics? - 05/23/13 02:11 AM

I'm very obviously in the minority who prefers VF2. It's not that I have anything against VF1 and how kids look like parents. Because that was fun and allowed me to be a total creep who bred blondes and redheads. But that got old after awhile and it would get frustrating not being able to get certain heads because other heads tended to show up more often once you pick your start out generation, if I'm making sense. I guess I just got a little bored with playing geneticist and am really loving that I don't have to worry about having a bunch of generations of same-looking people. That said, all this variety also makes it really hard to choose who I want to pick for the next gen haha.
Posted by: AndreaD

Re: What do you think about VF2 genetics? - 05/23/13 02:13 AM

I'm a genetics enthusiast, so I definitely prefer VF1's scheme over the new scheme, I remember way back when I played sims 1, I never let my sims have kids in part because they didn't look anything like their parents.

I guess Txmom's scheme is probably the best way, that way everyone is hopefully happy.
Posted by: Pangaeus

Re: What do you think about VF2 genetics? - 05/23/13 04:54 AM

I like your idea
Posted by: Corylea

Re: What do you think about VF2 genetics? - 05/23/13 06:14 PM

I love genetics, so I'd love to see the kids inherit both traits and looks from their parents.
Posted by: Erin333

Re: What do you think about VF2 genetics? - 05/23/13 09:29 PM

I love VF1 genetics, kids looking like their parents, or experiments I used to do, to have an all blonde, or all red haired family...

Now the extreme random heads, its feels like a disjointed family. with no clear relationship with parents..
Posted by: GirlOnFire26

Re: What do you think about VF2 genetics? - 05/24/13 10:11 AM

I LOVE the way the genetics work (or don't, lol) in VF2. I love getting a random head. With VF1 it always seemed like I couldn't get a good mix. There are some heads I don't think I ever managed to get. But with VF2 it's a possiblity to get any of them. I really hope this doesn't change... I love my genetically random familes. smile

I think it would be great to have the option to 'enable' or 'disable' genetics in the game. That way everybody wins! wink
Posted by: ajuma

Re: What do you think about VF2 genetics? - 05/24/13 10:25 AM

GirlOnFire, what a great idea! Something like the "reverse day/night" option. I had a great time with the genetics in VF1 and miss it in VF2 but I understand what others are saying. I just wonder what blond dad says when his blond wife has a black-haired child!!! wink

ETA: With the adoption feature in VF2, the chance of getting a non-family head is higher, don't you think? I've gotten both the purple haired girl and the skunk haired girl that way.
Posted by: Princess_Atta

Re: What do you think about VF2 genetics? - 05/24/13 08:43 PM

Well, my blonde and light brunette grandparents had a black haired son, auburn-ish/redhead son and a son and daughter with blonde that darkened to a light brunette. (And my grandpa's hair darkened as well, but to almost black, partly from years of working with cars.) And I can assure you nobody was adopted or the result of my grandma messing around wink
Posted by: vfam2player

Re: What do you think about VF2 genetics? - 05/27/13 11:48 PM

I voted "No Preference" because the genetics would be fun, but it would get boring after a while. Say you choose a redhead for your adoptee, she married another redhead, then all the kids would be redheads. I like the variety and I like getting a chance to see all the heads.
Posted by: vfam2player

Re: What do you think about VF2 genetics? - 06/17/13 08:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Princess_Atta
I'm very obviously in the minority who prefers VF2.

I'm with you! I had VF1 for like a week, because I got bored with all the brunettes!
Posted by: Ver Jaina

Re: What do you think about VF2 genetics? - 06/18/13 11:27 AM

I choose VF2 because i never played the 1st one...and since i've played The sims & My Tribe on facebook that has the genetics, so it's a little old for me...
I like variety of heads, and of course i found VF2 peeps are more refined. i'm sorry but i think VF1 or all the VV peeps has creepy large eyes...it turns me off.
Posted by: austin2010a

Re: What do you think about VF2 genetics? - 08/28/13 11:16 AM

I love the random ones in VF2 because if you have a really homely mom and dad you can get a really cute kid anyway. LOL
Posted by: VF_Life

Re: What do you think about VF2 genetics? - 12/23/14 01:20 AM

I like the VF! style. I am actually doing a rare family right now (Light bun and spikey made bun, mohawk and adopted a brown haired)