Virtual Family Pets

Posted by: Gamemastr1

Virtual Family Pets - 06/18/09 03:56 PM

There are 4 different pets you can have in Virtual Families. Which one is your favorite?

Posted by: Ecoworldme

Re: Virtual Family Pets - 06/18/09 04:04 PM

I'm usually a dog person, but the cat's cuter. Bet I know which one Laurence'll vote for.
Posted by: knksmiles

Re: Virtual Family Pets - 06/18/09 04:47 PM

My VF cat constantly takes over the parent's bed and lies there like he owns the place. You can almost feel the cat smugness coming through the screen. How could I not pick him? laugh
Posted by: emri

Re: Virtual Family Pets - 06/18/09 05:39 PM

I always get the urge to pick up the turtle and put it in water.It would be nice if we could pick up the pets.
Posted by: Rachel72

Re: Virtual Family Pets - 06/18/09 10:52 PM

I voted for the Fish... But I also love the cat!! (not a dog person) or a turtle person either
Posted by: laurence

Re: Virtual Family Pets - 06/21/09 04:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Ecoworldme
I'm usually a dog person, but the cat's cuter. Bet I know which one Laurence'll vote for.
"Huuu? What?"
"Oh! yes! I vote "Turtle"!!!

In fact, I'm a "cat girl" but I'm so glad there is a turtle!! laugh blush
I have 1 turtle's Family, 2 cat's Families and 2 dog's Families... and I love them all!!
Posted by: HarryFan17

Re: Virtual Family Pets - 06/21/09 05:26 PM

I voted for the turtle. smile
Posted by: Krystal

Re: Virtual Family Pets - 06/21/09 09:44 PM

I voted for the cat. smile
Posted by: Lyssaria

Re: Virtual Family Pets - 06/21/09 11:12 PM

I'll have to vote for my kitty. smile I love all of them though!
Posted by: Joanna

Re: Virtual Family Pets - 06/22/09 12:22 PM

So hard to choose! I have 3 families, one with a dog, one with a cat and one with a turtle.
I went with the dog though, I love the way he follows the family members around.

I don't understand how my tanks of fish are staying alive with all those loaves of organic bread that get dumped in there. lol
Posted by: Nealsmama

Re: Virtual Family Pets - 06/22/09 04:06 PM

I voted for the cat because I love how it claws the back of the couch. Just like my real cat!
Posted by: Indigo Jo

Re: Virtual Family Pets - 06/22/09 04:41 PM

I also voted for Cat. To me the cat is more realistcally behaved and does a tiny bit more - like scratching of the furniture. Very like my own naughty cat. laugh
Posted by: VirtualKid

Re: Virtual Family Pets - 06/24/09 01:10 AM

I voted for the cat. It looks so cute! blush
Posted by: Lewanda

Re: Virtual Family Pets - 06/24/09 01:57 AM

I like all of them but turtle. I mistake him for a collectible too often. I only have one cat family, and that's because I bought her for my first girl who was single till her mid-thirties. There are 10 generations of her family now, and it seems like the cat should belong solely to them.

My other two families have the dog. The dog got my vote, because he sticks so close to a peep when their wife/husband/mom or dad dies. Also when all the kids are gone and one parent is left alone he sticks to that peep like glue. I've found him to be a very loyal pet, and since the game has him do this surely the peeps are somewhat aware of his presence near them. If I could name him I guess I'd call him 'Old Yeller'. smile LOL!!!!!
Posted by: Gamemastr1

Re: Virtual Family Pets - 06/24/09 03:12 PM

That's funny Lewanda, "What is it Lassie? Did Timmy fall in the gopher hole? shocked " (I know, wrong dog, wrong show)

I actually voted for the fishies. The dog is my second fav but I find it irritating most times how he does stick with the person. The cat?... well... it's a cat. Don't get me wrong, I like cats plenty. There is just a big difference between a cat and a dog. The turtle (close your eyes Laurence) isn't my fav. As it has been stated before, too many times he looks like a collectable plus he has super turtle powers and he climbs on the furniture. "SUPER TURTLE POWERS... ACTIVATE!"

The fishies, as static and uninteresting as they are as a pet, I like them the best. For one, it is the only pet that the peeps interact with. From feeding and bothering them, at least it is known that the peeps know they are there. The other 3... They are too independant

I hope, if there winds up being a VF2, one of the pets can be a bunny, or a pot-belly pig. grin
Posted by: Elf-girl

Re: Virtual Family Pets - 06/26/09 05:58 PM

I voted for the fish, but I was sad to see that there were no pet birds! The ones that fly over the house only stay for a second....
And it would be hilarious to have a family member getting'yelled at by bird'
(yeah, my parrots do that waaaaaaaay too often)
i hate how the dog can't be chased away from the dinner table at mealtimes!
And how the cat always is trying to help them make a baby!
I love fish, and if you have ever owned them, you would see why. They actually get really upset when another tank member dies. frown
So the fish would have to be my favorite.
And just ask your daughter, Gamey. My turtle looks like something that escaped from under the bed, thanks to paint.net!
lol
Posted by: arnie

Re: Virtual Family Pets - 06/26/09 07:24 PM

I was amused by the actions of the dog in one of my games. The 17-year-old triplets were eating a meal and the dog walked up, sat beside one, and stared imploringly at him, as if he was hoping for scraps. Then the lad got up from the table and walked away so the dog moved along to the next triplet and sat beside him in the same manner. Then the second one got up so the dog moved on to the third ...

When he got up the dog walked off sadly, even though the mother and father were still eating. I expect he knew better than expect scraps from them. wink
Posted by: Lewanda

Re: Virtual Family Pets - 06/26/09 07:45 PM

Gamemastr, I agree that there should be some sort of interaction between the pets and people. They should at least feed and pet them. Though it does seem that they have an affect on the peeps happiness somewhat, so I believe they're at least vaguely aware of their presence. I sure hope the non-interaction between the peeps and pets is changed if there is to be a VF 2.
Posted by: horsecrazy123

Re: Virtual Family Pets - 01/09/10 09:55 PM

Originally Posted By: knksmiles
My VF cat constantly takes over the parent's bed and lies there like he owns the place. You can almost feel the cat smugness coming through the screen. How could I not pick him? laugh

My cat is sooo obnoxous! When the husband and wife are "trying to make a baby" he bolts for the bedroom and lays on the bed. I think he has issues. smile
Posted by: Annthewhofan

Re: Virtual Family Pets - 01/15/10 04:28 PM

I love them all but could only vote for 1 and since I like the dog I went for that. smile

PS. The pets do follow one member in the family though even though they don't seem to notice it.
Posted by: lovethecolors

Re: Virtual Family Pets - 01/18/10 12:55 AM

I definitely like the cat the best. :]
Posted by: chocolatechip

Re: Virtual Family Pets - 01/24/10 02:31 PM

Originally Posted By: arnie
I was amused by the actions of the dog in one of my games. The 17-year-old triplets were eating a meal and the dog walked up, sat beside one, and stared imploringly at him, as if he was hoping for scraps. Then the lad got up from the table and walked away so the dog moved along to the next triplet and sat beside him in the same manner. Then the second one got up so the dog moved on to the third ...

When he got up the dog walked off sadly, even though the mother and father were still eating. I expect he knew better than expect scraps from them. wink

I love that action! My dog in the game takes it seriously, Though. He even follows them when they clean up the meal( If they ever do!)
Posted by: mou2

Re: Virtual Family Pets - 01/25/10 11:35 AM

cats as usual.
Posted by: frogboy

Re: Virtual Family Pets - 02/25/10 06:56 PM

I love the kitty. smile
Posted by: Zelena

Re: Virtual Family Pets - 03/01/10 10:26 AM

I am a cat lover so the cat
Posted by: VFLover09

Re: Virtual Family Pets - 07/18/10 05:30 PM

I like the cat.
Posted by: Tylieng

Re: Virtual Family Pets - 07/20/10 04:51 AM

Cat. whistle
Posted by: Kikiann11

Re: Virtual Family Pets - 07/26/10 12:39 AM

I love the dog! I only have him in one of my families, but he is super cute, and I love how he seems to get attached to one family member per generation!
Posted by: vfam2player

Re: Virtual Family Pets - 04/22/13 09:41 PM

Hmm... you should add a hamster!
Posted by: vfam2player

Re: Virtual Family Pets - 05/27/13 11:51 PM

Laurence, where did you get those smileys? The turtle?
Posted by: LadyCFIIAdministrator

Re: Virtual Family Pets - 05/28/13 03:44 AM

Laurence got her smileys from a lot of different places. Sadly, she is no longer with us.
Posted by: Thandi

Re: Virtual Family Pets - 06/09/13 01:40 AM

I am a dog person laugh
Posted by: VF_Life

Re: Virtual Family Pets - 12/23/14 01:21 AM

File 1 - Cat (previously dog)
File 2 - Cat
File 3 - Dog (previously cat)
File 4 - Turtle
File 5 - Cat (previously dog)