Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose?

Posted by: LadyCFIIAdministrator

Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 05/15/08 04:53 PM

We think it would be interesting to know which of the two Factions in VV3 everyone is choosing. If you want to comment about your choice, feel free to post a reply after you vote in the poll! \:D
Posted by: MochaJew

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 05/15/08 05:07 PM

I chose nature. I have no interest in magic and it would be an option I would chose to play.
Posted by: Spyrodragooon

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 05/15/08 05:25 PM

I chose magic, because techpoints are faster an you can a larger population
Posted by: arielile

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 05/15/08 05:27 PM

i chose magic for the increased population
Posted by: CaliforniaCali

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 05/15/08 06:04 PM

Definitely nature. My villagers ran out of food QUITE quickly!
Posted by: pumpkin_28

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 05/15/08 06:18 PM

I choose nature just because it appealed to me more; however I have to find out what both are like, so I'm starting a new tribe to play with the magic faction.
Posted by: Dianthus

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 05/15/08 06:23 PM

I have both because, like happi_bride I want to try both factions to see what happens but I really have no preference one way or the other.
Posted by: kittenzan62

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 05/15/08 06:59 PM

You know, it's actually "Alchemy", ya know? Plant's to heal, just like all the prescription drug's now a day's, they all Started off in Herbal form's, so the "Magic" portion of the game is getting a bad rap, its all about herbs, not witches ... lol
Posted by: Houjun

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 05/15/08 08:34 PM

I chose the Nature faction though I have the intention of trying the magic faction in another tribe simply because I'm curious about what that faction does. \:\)
Posted by: Dianthus

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 05/15/08 08:39 PM

Originally Posted By: kittenzan62
You know, it's actually "Alchemy", ya know? Plant's to heal, just like all the prescription drug's now a day's, they all Started off in Herbal form's, so the "Magic" portion of the game is getting a bad rap, its all about herbs, not witches ... lol

I think you meant to reply to MochaJew, not me \:\) .
Posted by: Skwgle

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 05/15/08 08:39 PM

I chose nature, the word magic was a bit of putting, maybe alchemy would have been better?
Posted by: onionGirl

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 05/15/08 08:52 PM

Nature for me... no monkeys or weird mists will come in the way of my villagers and their food!
Posted by: shhhonda

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 05/15/08 08:56 PM

I have two tribes and I'm trying out both Nature and Magic \:\)

excited to see what the differences are!!!
Posted by: SnakesRock

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 05/15/08 09:02 PM

I think I'm going to try nature first, and then after that, trying magic.
Posted by: Annthewhofan

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 05/15/08 09:24 PM

I will cast my vote as soon as I can open it as soon as I recieve the email
Posted by: $@m

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 05/15/08 10:12 PM

I did both just to see what happens.
Posted by: RoseArienh

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 05/15/08 10:16 PM

I chose nature because I wanted to insure my food supply while I learn the game. I will start another tribe and try magic, though, I can't imagine having that option and not using it.
Posted by: Tink

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 05/15/08 10:27 PM

I chose both because I wanted to see what happened in each.
Posted by: Blue Mist

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 05/15/08 10:29 PM

What do you mean, Nature or Magic. I dont get what you get to choose from
Posted by: Village Idiot Jr

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 05/15/08 10:50 PM

i chose nature!
Posted by: Gamemastr1

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 05/15/08 11:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Blue Mist
What do you mean, Nature or Magic. I don't get what you get to choose from

In the Tech screen in the VV3 game, you can choose a path, Nature, or Magic. Once you make a selection, that is what that particular tribe is for the rest of their existence. If you start a new tribe, you can choose the other faction if you wish.
Posted by: Jazzo

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 05/16/08 12:50 AM

Though I am a magician, I chose nature since I am low on food.
Posted by: mamabutterfly

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 05/16/08 12:55 AM

I chose nature for the same reasons as mochajew. BTW, I've been
reading all the posts for awhile, but couldn't post...I forgot my password. \:\)
Becca
Posted by: Cataroo

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 05/16/08 12:55 AM

I chose Nature ... but wish I had read this forum before doing so!! Oh well, I'll do it next time!
Posted by: cindylouwho

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 05/16/08 02:29 AM

I chose the 'nature' path, but I don't think 'magic' meant magic as in magicians, witches, etc.; but potions and herbs and the like. I will probably try the 'magic' path later on. Plus, a lot of ancient tribes believed highly in magic and such, even though science has taken the place of superstition - at least I hope it has, lol.

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 05/16/08 03:05 AM

I am fully aware of what Alchemy means. And for the same reasons I have never read a Harry Potter Book, I chose not to ever pick the option Faction. I respect everyone's reasons for their chosices and hope that my will recieve the same respect without turming it into a big deal.
Posted by: queengamer78

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 05/16/08 03:52 AM

I chose Magic with my first tribe as I hope my food lasts long enough so that I can get to know the game a wee bit. Was just curious as to what the Magic faction will be...gonna do nature on my next tribe so good luck to us all!!
Posted by: Houjun

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 05/16/08 04:51 AM

Originally Posted By: MochaJew
I am fully aware of what Alchemy means. And for the same reasons I have never read a Harry Potter Book, I chose not to ever pick the option Faction. I respect everyone's reasons for their choices and hope that my will recieve the same respect without turming it into a big deal

I completely understand where you're coming from and fully respect your decision on never choosing the magic faction. \:\)

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 05/16/08 12:21 PM

Thank you
Posted by: Dilbert27

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 05/16/08 08:17 PM

It seems MochaJew is not alone in her distaste for the term Magic, though reading the description it really does sound more like benefits to science. Perhaps the designers meant that it would help the villies understand the world better and be able to do things that, to previous generations, would seem "magical"? Just trying to reconcile things since I really don't think Arthur et al meant to offend anyone. However, I completely understand and respect the decision to not choose the Magic faction.

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 05/16/08 09:45 PM

Thank you for your very thoughtful rely. I too do not believe it was Arthur's intend to offend anyone. While yes, I do have my moral views, in many ways I at times I am making "Indian Jones discoveries as my villagers take me along their great adventure. That which I don't agree with, I work around them to continue enjoying the game I truly love. And through VV I have found some of the greatest folks; both in Isola and on this forcum \:\)
Posted by: Isola Villager

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 05/16/08 10:09 PM

I chose nature as magic only speeds up the game, ending it quicker,and because of the food bonuses, although extra population did tempt me...
Posted by: Rockmower

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 05/17/08 05:50 AM

I chose nature for my first tribe, because the benefits in food and longevity, appealed to me. When I start my second tribe, at some future date, I'll likely try the other path, just to see how it compares. Overall, I suspect that longevity and food will be the better choice in the long run.
Posted by: laurence

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 05/17/08 11:00 AM

I agree with Rockmower and I chose Nature for the same reasons. I think it shoud be more interesting, but I'll have to compare!! \:\)
Posted by: dogylover21

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 05/18/08 06:51 AM

I choose both because i have to tribs
Posted by: RuthieJo

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 05/19/08 03:41 PM

I like nature best. I've been playing a lot of rpg online lately and am tired of magic.

But I too, will try a new village with magic, just to see how it goes.

I love this new game.
Posted by: I_luv_vv

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 05/22/08 11:01 PM

I chose Nature because I don't like magic. Thank you for letting us have a choice!!
Posted by: VVFanatic

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 05/23/08 01:34 AM

I chose Nature \:\)
Posted by: ajuma

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 05/23/08 12:55 PM

I chose nature because it was the "first" one. If magic would have been in the place where nature was, I would have chosen that first! When I start my next tribe, I'll choose magic!
Posted by: bunnylover

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 05/26/08 03:46 PM

I chose both but I like the nature faction more because of many reasons. One is that I like my villagers to live longer (rather than having a larger pop.) because if they're a master at someting than they can help lots for a long time. Another is that when I grow up I want to be a botanist because I love real-life nature. Also, at the beggining I usually have food probs so replininshing food more quickly really helps. Of course, I also like the magic faction. Both are helpful.
Posted by: blue_koka

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 05/30/08 12:24 AM

I chose the Nature Faction first because I know that in the beginning it is far more likely that you'll run out of food. And even though the Magic Faction gets you tech points quicker I did that one in my second tribe.
So far I really find no difference.
Posted by: biddy

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 06/01/08 07:29 PM

I have gone for magic for my first tribe - still attempting to complete it!!!!
Will try nature next time (on Wednesday!!!)
Posted by: MoonBeam71

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 06/01/08 09:31 PM

Spoiler!!! I chose Magic, and liked the fact that my fisherman, and Ladies swam with the Shark's instead of getting rid of them.
Posted by: Animegirl8

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 06/03/08 01:01 AM

I usally like things that have to do with magic but in this case... I had to chose nature. \:\) Nature can give your tribe a better chance of survieing. \:\)
Posted by: halidog

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 06/05/08 12:12 AM

I have a very successful nature tribe, but I'd like to know the secret of how to keep a magic tribe... I've went through two tribes already in my experiment of which is better, and I don't think putting your tribe in complete jeopardy (for me) is worth the benifits it has...
Posted by: kwelling47

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 06/05/08 12:44 AM

I have 2 Tribes...so
...my "NewOnes" tribe is Nature
and my
"NewOnes to the Second Power" tribe is Magic...
I like both ways to play..ya just have to play them alittle differently
I like the variety
Posted by: RuthieJo

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 06/08/08 05:05 AM

I chose nature in my last three games and my villagers still died of starvation. I never could get enough tech points to be able to buy what I needed to make the potion to get rid of the sharks.
Posted by: Joine The Great

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 06/08/08 03:29 PM

I choose nature cause i lked it better..
Posted by: squawky

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 06/09/08 08:18 PM

I did both, and I liked my Magic tribe better - it was a little bit harder to get food at first, but they got tech points a lot faster, so those long waits for L3 techs weren't so long.

Besides, I tend to play science-first villages anyway (being a scientist and all ;\) )
Posted by: biddy

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 06/11/08 09:23 PM

Started with magic then started a 2nd tribe with nature
Posted by: HPVV

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 06/17/08 02:50 AM

I have both, though I much prefer Magic. My nature tribe it seems has a harder time learning. (That probably isn't true in the game but it seems like it!) And of course I picked magic b/c I love Harry Potter! HAHAHAHA
Posted by: bajantara

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 06/17/08 05:20 PM

I like the different challenges of both -- perhaps with a tad more leaning towards magic that gives me tech points faster.

On a general note, wasn't lightning once "magic", as would an aircraft to a 16th century person? Maybe just things that work in a way we haven't yet figured out \:\)
Posted by: colourmehappy

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 06/18/08 10:19 PM

I chose nature. Now that i've read your comments, i'll try magic.
Posted by: swedane

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 06/19/08 12:35 AM

Played both but prefer magic faction.
Posted by: Magick

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 06/20/08 05:07 AM

I chose magic first...shocking right...Magick chose magic \:\)
But now that I have finished my first tribe I have started another and am now trying the nature faction.
Posted by: silverdown

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 06/21/08 03:35 PM

I chose nature because you don't know how hard it is to find food for them not to mention getting them t stay on the task for retrieving the food. I had 2 Villagers die of starvation because they didn't wanna get food
Posted by: Lanchers

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 06/24/08 03:03 PM

I had a tribe for each faction at first. After finishing all the puzzles, I decided to try a tribe that chose neither faction. It gave me a new challenge since I had to keep the population low and pretty much pause the game if I was going to be gone for more than an hour or so.

Now I'm finished with all the puzzles (except the sharks of course) and just have to build one more hut. My villagers don't really need the hut, but it makes me happy to see the village completed.

An added bonus of doing this was that my constant search for mushrooms has also helped with collectable gathering and this is the one village where I almost have a complete set of everything!
Posted by: laurence

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 06/24/08 05:05 PM

Oh! Bravo Lanchers! It was a difficult challenge, congratulations for succeeding it! \:D
Posted by: Becca123

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 07/07/08 08:11 AM

I have two tribes, one magic and one nature. I prefer magic, it's easier to get more tech points, and I like the yellow berry plant!
Posted by: Becca123

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 07/07/08 08:13 AM

Originally Posted By: Dianthus

I think you meant to reply to MochaJew, not me \:\) .

Well, yes, but since she quick quoted it automatically replied to you \:\)
Posted by: Miss Monkey Girl

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 07/07/08 09:21 AM

mi villagers act like there is no tomorrow so they eat alot
mi vote is for nature
Posted by: Robert1220

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 07/12/08 04:18 AM

Nature, \:D
Posted by: Rachel72

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 07/12/08 08:14 PM

I chose nature... due to the fact that I am not all that into Magic \:\)
Posted by: bryanzthousand

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 07/20/08 09:23 AM

i started out by choosing Nature because i didn't really care at first, but than when my first village started to run smoothly i started another one and chose magic. in my opnion i like the magic faction better. by the way, wats a faction?
Posted by: williamani

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 07/27/08 06:50 AM

i have two tribes so i choose both because magic gives more popualation and nature makes the longevity longer, and brings food.
Posted by: kittenangel2001

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 07/27/08 10:02 PM

I chose nature
Posted by: CaszaGirl16138

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 08/15/08 12:46 PM

I chose nature so all my little villagers could live long lives!
Posted by: cinnamon-crow

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 09/07/08 04:30 PM

hi i chose nature first will do magick next as a pagan nature and magick are the same thing you cant look around at the beauty of the earth and not believe in magick paganism witchcraft are nature based and we respect ever living thing and respect every other religions way to the divine blessings
Posted by: nightengale

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 09/08/08 01:06 AM

I choose magic cuz the scientists accumulate points faster and it increases the tribe's population. Does any one know how to speed up or even accumulate the collectibles? Also, what happens when all are collected?
Posted by: Havetia

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 11/10/08 11:12 PM

I have more than one tribe so I chose both. I think magic is easier.
Posted by: virtualruler

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 01/23/09 07:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Spyrodragooon
I chose magic, because techpoints are faster an you can a larger population
i go with magic like u said it gives u faster tech points
Posted by: Kikiann11

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 07/29/10 09:06 PM

I have both factions, but I prefer magic, just because I like fantasy and magic sounded cooler.
Posted by: spinnything

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 08/02/10 02:43 AM

I did two tribes and so had both... to see the differences.
Posted by: caiti10

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 08/09/10 02:13 AM

Magic cause you get tech points faster
Posted by: Dillon

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 08/10/10 11:11 PM

I play vv1 and vv2
Posted by: Bluedog13

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 09/03/10 09:45 PM

I chose nature because I liked the things you got better than magic like food replenishes quicker
Posted by: Tzigone

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 10/15/10 07:34 PM

Nature - don't hold much with magic (well, I do like reading fantasy, but that's different than me making the choice, if you know what I mean).
Posted by: Seashall

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 04/18/11 01:54 PM

I chose nature because it seemed so...I dunno, right. It just seemed to fit my little village! Also, I was running out of food! wink
Posted by: Upinde wa Mvua

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 07/30/11 06:21 PM

I made two savefiles just so that I could have both factions.
Posted by: Taco Freak

Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 04/02/13 08:10 PM

I love Pitcher Plants and I love nature.

Some people think pitchers should be magic.
Posted by: VV3 girl123

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 06/13/13 10:53 PM

Originally Posted By: pumpkin_28
I choose nature just because it appealed to me more; however I have to find out what both are like, so I'm starting a new tribe to play with the magic faction.
Same with me! grin wink
Posted by: JackiDance

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 03/10/14 04:48 PM

I played it so many times! once with one and then with the other. back and forth. UNTIL I found Totem Tribe Gold, which moves at a much faster pace. that is the only problem with VV games, too slow NOW. they were wonderful when first introduced, way back when. Now they need to be updated. Perhaps new ones on planets that go from planet to planet that run much faster. and build stuff in half the time.
just something I'd like to see as I LOVED this series so much. I'd love to see it reborn.
Posted by: VF_Life

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 12/23/14 01:19 AM

One on one file. One on the other.
Posted by: eyeshigh

Re: Playing VV3? Which Faction did you choose? - 04/03/17 02:57 AM

I always mean to choose magic, but always click nature. Every. Single. Time. I swear one of these days I will click magic.