Virtual Villagers Origins 2 Update is rolling out!

Posted by: LadyCFIIAdministrator

Virtual Villagers Origins 2 Update is rolling out! - 05/16/18 07:54 PM

Hi, everyone!

We're pleased to let everyone know that the Chapter 2 update for VVO2 is rolling out to players now! It should be reaching all players on Google Play soon, and on the App Store for iOS players after Apple approves it for release.

We hope everyone enjoys this new chapter and the challenges of all-new puzzles!
Posted by: Juniper

Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 Update is rolling out! - 05/18/18 09:13 AM

So, has it been approved by Apple by now? I'm playing on iOS and see no update as yet.

Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 Update is rolling out! - 05/18/18 03:11 PM

Yes, it was approved yesterday. It takes time for Apple to roll it out to every region. Sometimes you need to refresh the updates list on your device to see it. If you're running iOS 11, go to the updates page on the App Store and pull down, then release the screen to force a refresh. That's a quick and effective way to see all available updates for your device.
Posted by: poofy

Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 Update is rolling out! - 05/19/18 11:44 PM

Many android users have not received the update including me. We are in the USA does that matter.
Posted by: Meems

Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 Update is rolling out! - 05/20/18 01:12 PM

Yay! Updating now!! Thanks so much!!!

Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 Update is rolling out! - 05/21/18 02:20 AM

Still nothing. I refresh 10 times a day in Google play store for android. Very frustrating
Posted by: AlicelovesVV

Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 Update is rolling out! - 05/21/18 01:40 PM

Same here, I'm in the Netherlands

Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 Update is rolling out! - 05/21/18 01:43 PM

I did some checking and learned that this update is being rolled out a bit more slowly than previous updates, since it has so much new content. That way, if there are any major issues that we didn't catch during testing, we can fix them quickly, before everyone who plays the game experiences them.

It shouldn't be too long before it's rolled out to everyone, and we appreciate everyone's patience.

Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 Update is rolling out! - 05/24/18 03:11 PM

I got my update today. Is there somewhere that explains a step by step what to do.
Posted by: Tobie

Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 Update is rolling out! - 05/25/18 04:01 PM

I don't know of a walkthrough, but basically you just solve the puzzles (like you did on the first chapter). There are new tech levels and resources, along with the new puzzles.
Posted by: Kilesa

Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 Update is rolling out! - 05/26/18 05:43 PM

I hope you don't forget about those of us using Amazon Kindle Fire tablets (Amazon app store.)
Posted by: Kilesa

Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 Update is rolling out! - 05/28/18 03:37 AM

Update: They did roll it out to those of us on Amazon tablets, yay!

Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 Update is rolling out! - 05/29/18 10:01 AM

So when is it coming to iPad's? I'm still stuck vith version 2.0.1.
Posted by: Meems

Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 Update is rolling out! - 05/29/18 02:28 PM

I have had V 2.0.3 from iOs for several days now.

Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 Update is rolling out! - 05/29/18 03:34 PM

For whatever reason the update failed to show up for me. Had to delete and redownload, but it's working now. smile
Posted by: BABIES0622

Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 Update is rolling out! - 06/02/18 01:20 AM

Is there going to be anything else after chapter 2, I've finished chapter 2 and just wanted to know if I should hang on or if that is it, it's getting pretty boring now with nothing to do.
Posted by: JacqyB

Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 Update is rolling out! - 06/06/18 05:32 PM

Is the gameserver down? I cannot connect anymore.
Posted by: MissKathyAdministrator

Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 Update is rolling out! - 06/06/18 10:08 PM

Hi JacqyB! There have been some reports of an issue on the VVO2 Facebook Page, along with a reply that says:
Quote:
Virtual Villagers Origins 2 Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We're aware of this outage and are working with our service providers to resolve it as quickly as possible. While we don't have an estimated time of resolution, we appreciate your patience while we work with them on this and encourage you to check back on your game later today.

My game is not having any issues connecting. Perhaps yours is fine now. smile
Posted by: Selania

Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 Update is rolling out! - 06/09/18 05:26 PM

I love playing all the VV games, but the VV Origins game is just to expensive for me to keep up with. None of the others required anything more then the cost of the game. I will not be playing this game anymore. It takes too long to get tech points and gain lava stones.
Posted by: ladiestorm

Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 Update is rolling out! - 01/31/19 06:43 PM

I'm playing VVO2 on my pc laptop. I purchased through Big Fish Games. I'm assuming, since I have the puzzles for both Chapter 1 AND Chapter 2, that I received both chapters when I purchased the game.

I just finished the last puzzle on Chapter 1. How do I open Chapter 2?
Posted by: ladiestorm

Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 Update is rolling out! - 02/01/19 06:27 AM

never mind, I'm on chapter 2 now...
Posted by: Thiablue

Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 Update is rolling out! - 02/06/19 07:17 PM

Do updates have any impact on BigFish purchased versions?
Posted by: KeeganAdministrator

Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 Update is rolling out! - 02/07/19 08:41 PM

The paid versions of the game (including the Big Fish Games version) are the most up-to-date versions in terms of content, containing all the same puzzles as the free-to-play versions. If there are updates to the paid versions, they will be distributed by the third parties they were purchased from.

If you have any technical questions about the game, please forward them to Big Fish Games' support team for resolution.

Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 Update is rolling out! - 02/10/19 11:02 PM

Is there another third party vendor for your games (PC or Windows Tablet)? BigFish issues a code for a free game rather than resolve problems. I just got lucky VV Origins 2 had come out on a day when another BigFish game crashed. If I could purchase it anywhere else, I still would and I only have 2 or 3 puzzles left in Chapter 2.
Posted by: Tobie

Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 Update is rolling out! - 02/11/19 03:48 PM

Keegan posted some other places to get the PC version in another thread. Maybe that will help you?
Posted by: RudyToo

Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 Update is rolling out! - 02/11/19 08:16 PM

The other pc versions are "free" so you have to buy lava stones and other items, I bought my game on a half price sale day so I consider it a good value even with a couple minor glitches that don't effect the overall game play to much, I think in the long run it is better to buy the game than to pour money into a freebie. If there are any new VV games coming in the future I hope they are made for the pc player to buy like the great older VV games, it seems the devs and game sites are catering to the facebook crowd who only play free games on mobile devices and us pc players who prefer to buy a good quality game are getting the short end of the stick. I don't like this trend in gaming, I don't have a facebook account and never will.

Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 Update is rolling out! - 02/15/19 01:38 AM

BigFish put out an update yesterday to fix the collection/mausoleum freeze issue.

Were frogs and heron omitted from the BigFish PC version? If so, is it possible they will be in a future update?
Posted by: kir

Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 Update is rolling out! - 02/22/19 05:34 PM

Hi I am playing the PC version of VV origins 2. I am almost done with the game but there are still puzzles that I haven't been able to start. I am about to get rid of the kracken, I have level three of everything. How do I get to chapter 2 puzzles? I don't want to lose all my progress eek eek frown

Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 Update is rolling out! - 02/23/19 04:07 PM

I've maxed out skills, built all buildings and completed all puzzles through chapter 2. I don't want to quit. I'm now making all craft combinations so that everything will be filled.

Is there hope for another update for the PC (BigFish) version? Love this game and the series. Going to keep going until I've outfitted my people in the pricey full set outfits...just for kicks.

Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 Update is rolling out! - 02/23/19 04:13 PM

Hello kir--Once you defeat the Kraken, the volcano erupts and you are in chapter 2. New skill levels, new puzzles, new things to find and craft. Hang on and enjoy the ride!

Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 Update is rolling out! - 02/24/19 06:16 PM

Has there been any complaints about the cursor not working to move the people around or to move from one side to the other of the village? I got on today and I can click on the "x" but can no longer maneuver around the village? I put new batteries in my mouse, rebooted my computer, pulled the mouse fob out and put it back in. Still can't move???? Help!
Kir

Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 Update is rolling out! - 02/24/19 06:59 PM

What version of the game are you playing? If it is the free to play it could be a server issue, if it's BF version one of the things they would tell people is to clear their browsing history, you might also try going into the game settings and change the resolution.

Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 Update is rolling out! - 02/24/19 07:43 PM

Thanks so much Rudy. I will try those and see if it helps!
grin

Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 Update is rolling out! - 02/28/19 02:17 AM

SPOILER ALERT!
Rudy, I got to the last piece of glass (red glass). Made it and now no one will pick it up! Does it have to be a special kind of person to get it? After it took so much time to make the thing, now I can't use it? HELP!

Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 Update is rolling out! - 02/28/19 07:19 AM

I used my leader to place the glass.
Posted by: Lori80

Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 Update is rolling out! - 03/02/19 05:13 AM

Can anyone tell me the benefit of the "big head" feature on a villager?
Posted by: martindale88

Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 Update is rolling out! - 03/04/19 10:20 AM

I've finish chapter 1, but the volcano does not explode, so I can't do chapter 2

Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 Update is rolling out! - 03/04/19 08:06 PM

I can't even finish chapter 1. I'm stuck. I have alot of villagers running around with a light bulb above their head but it's not helping me.
Posted by: Dougkas

Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 Update is rolling out! - 03/07/19 02:08 PM

you ned to finish all the statues.
Posted by: Sherry Jane

Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 Update is rolling out! - 03/08/19 07:02 PM

Did the volcano ever erupt?
Posted by: Sherry Jane

Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 Update is rolling out! - 03/08/19 07:04 PM

I'm playing the BF version, and no heron but I did get frogs which the kids will take care of if you drop one on a frog

Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 Update is rolling out! - 03/13/19 03:33 AM

Can anyone tell me how I upgrade? I have more tech points than I know what to do with and cannot upgrade. I must say this Virtual Villager game is the most frustrating of all of them. I have many of the first ones and loved them. This one leaves a lot to be desired.

Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 Update is rolling out! - 03/13/19 06:10 PM

Hi Lori, if you're unable to upgrade your technology levels further, then it means you've reached the maximum possible upgrade (either for the chapter or the game itself).
Posted by: ylwrose

Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 Update is rolling out! - 03/14/19 10:42 PM

I am playing VVO2 on PC. I also purchased through Big Fish Games. Is there no way to get tech points quicker. It takes forever to get them as well as getting the lava stones. There should be a faster way to get these! Very frustrating to be stuck waiting on both to be able to proceed through the game.

Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 Update is rolling out! - 03/16/19 04:34 PM

spoiler alert!
The more villagers that are set to research in the lab (section in back of the anvil) the faster you will make tech points. Scientist that become experts make more points. The only other way to gain tech points that I have done, is to go to the boat at the dock and create items to fill the required objects.When done and filled, you win tech points.
Posted by: LisaRae

Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 Update is rolling out! - 03/23/19 12:49 PM

Can I
Click to reveal..
complete puzzle #12 (Destroying the Kraken) before I complete puzzle #8 (The Clay Hut)
or
Click to reveal..
does puzzle #12 trigger the volcano
?

Also, addendum to previous reply regarding tech points and the trading boat, there's no point making multiples to try for multiple trades to get extra tech points as it only accepts one lot of items per trade offered (I found out the hard way). So really, no there's no way to speed things up other than set as many villagers as possible to research (make sure you have enough farmers though). On the plus side, it doesn't take a lot of farmers to feed the village (so far).

Extra question: why does it not display everything the lemur finds when I get back? Sometimes it displays something, more often it doesn't. (After hours, not minutes.) Also, it found at least one collectible and a necklace piece while I was away without notifying me. Why?

Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 Update is rolling out! - 05/07/19 05:15 PM

Where can I find help with VV02 chapter 2? I can’t seem to find one. I know there is one! wink

Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 Update is rolling out! - 05/07/19 07:03 PM

Hi Kir, feel free to ask questions of your fellow players right here in the forums by creating a new post (if you're unable to find the answers you seek by searching for them)!

We can also help point you in the right direction with puzzle solutions, crafting combinations and much more!

Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 Update is rolling out! - 05/11/19 05:55 AM

Well does this mean chapter 2 is not available yet? I cannot find it.

Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 Update is rolling out! - 05/13/19 05:14 PM

Hi Lori, Chapter 2 will automatically unlock as soon as you complete all 12 puzzles in Chapter 1!
Posted by: shanna42

Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 Update is rolling out! - 12/04/20 09:56 PM

Does anyone know if VVO2 has stopped or do we get an update sometime soon.
I am waiting for over two years now.

Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 Update is rolling out! - 12/07/20 08:05 PM

Hi there!

Thanks for your question! We did tease an upcoming update on our official Facebook page recently. Please follow us on Facebook to be among the first to know about all our future updates:

https://www.facebook.com/vvorigins2

We hope you continue to have fun with your Virtual Villagers!
Posted by: crosstitcher

Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 Update is rolling out! - 12/11/20 03:57 PM

Hey Guys and Gals,
GBU all 2.
I "hope" this post doesn't offend anybody as I just feel it's to "help" people with problems with "either" the "free or bought" VVOS games.
I bought my 1st. VVO2 thru IWIN back in March of this yr. I was really "enjoying" it and "almost" had it to Chapter 2 in May, when I experienced tech problem. It took me til July to finally get the "free" VVO2 thru this site, with the help of Keagan.
Now here it is Dec. and I am "still" on Chapter 1, "almost" to Chapter 2, for about the 3rd time, with a "few more" items to craft.
I had "loads" of ?'s when I got the "free" game and some nice peeps on here really helped me thru them.
Now I don't know "how" to do spoilers, tried but kept "failing", so I hope this "isn't" going to be considered "flagged information" thru this site. I just want to "help" with ?'s about getting to Chapter 2 that wasn't addressed thru the forums.
Here are the "helpful hints" that were given to me:
1. Have to have "several" of all the items on the "dough page" crafted. I did 10 each.
2. Have to have a king.
3. Have to have a "master gather."
4. Have to have all 3 statues finished.
5. Have to have the red, blue and yellow "custom glass" crafted for each statue to "kill" the monster and "explode" the volcano.

Personally, here are the "pros and cons" between each:
Pro "bought":
1. Got 10 lava stones playing each day.
2. Game "ran smoother". No hesitation when taking the "dead"
to the mausoleum.
3. Got the "surprise chest" every day.
4. Love the "variety" of buildings and green statue for
" master builders".
5. Love the "reincarnation" of my favorite people.

Con "bought":
1. Loading was a bit "slow" each day when start to play.

Pro "free":
1. Loads faster.
2. Love the idea of "reincarnation" my "favorite person".

Con "free":
1. Hesitation when taking "dead" to the mausoleum.
I just "accepted" it and go on with game.
2. Slow "collection" of lava stones. 2 or 3 at a time, even in
"surprise chest".
3. Not "favorable" of " the pay to play" concept.

So in closing, I hope LDW will "continue" for a very long time in the future, to create more of the VV series.

Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 Update is rolling out! - 03/13/21 02:44 AM

Did all puzzles in Chapter 2 and now again standing still. Frustrating.

Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 Update is rolling out! - 04/30/21 03:05 AM

Can someone tell me how to move the large boulder at the cave entrance? All puzzles are done and tech upgrade says maxed. This game is so frustrating. I loved the older games.
Posted by: crosstitcher

Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 Update is rolling out! - 04/30/21 09:56 AM

Hi Lori,
GBU 2.
On VVOS2, the boulder "does not" get moved or to be used this time. It's just there for the "peeps" to be curious about.
I was "hoping" it would be a "conclusion" about VV2 with the "reappearance" of the children and the reason behind where they have been.
Enjoy the game anyway.
GBU and yours.
Posted by: MissKathyAdministrator

Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 Update is rolling out! - 04/30/21 08:43 PM

Hi Lori80. There was a new update for the game in February that may help you with that! wink Check out Keegan's post here for additional information.
Posted by: shanna42

Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 Update is rolling out! - 05/21/21 09:47 PM

does anyone play the update survival, I am at fantasy island and I have the ancestors curse. I made two fruit offerings and that helped but it is not over yet. What else do I have to do. It has something to do with party and dancing.