News about updates for our older games on iOS

Posted by: LadyCFIIAdministrator

News about updates for our older games on iOS - 07/25/17 06:54 PM

Hi, everyone! I'm sure that many of you have seen warnings about our older games needing updates in order to work with future versions of iOS. We've been hard at work on updating the different versions of each of our iOS games (full and free), and we hope to start submitting them to Apple soon. Our goal is to have them all updated and available in the App Store before iOS 11 is released.

I will continue posting in this topic as we have news about each of the games, so stay tuned if you're still playing them!
Posted by: JudasFm

Re: News about updates for our older games - 08/08/17 04:46 PM

When you do it the other way around and make newer games like FT2 available for the computer crowd, let us know
Posted by: arnie

Re: News about updates for our older games - 08/08/17 10:55 PM

Originally Posted By: JudasFm
When you do it the other way around and make newer games like FT2 available for the computer crowd, let us know

Hear hear!
Posted by: Deewelch

Re: News about updates for our older games - 08/10/17 07:27 AM

Originally Posted By: LadyCFII
Hi, everyone! I'm sure that many of you have seen warnings about our older games needing updates in order to work with future versions of iOS. We've been hard at work on updating the different versions of each game, and we hope to start submitting them to Apple soon. Our goal is to have them all updated and available in the App Store before iOS 11 is released.

I will continue posting in this topic as we have news about each of the games, so stay tuned if you're still playing them!

Yes, please keep us posted, because I'm still playing them. Thanks

Re: News about updates for our older games - 09/12/17 06:23 PM

We're later on this than we wanted to be, but all of our older games have been updated to 64-bit, and they've all gone through QA and are ready to put through Apple's review process.

Two of the games have already been submitted (the two universal apps - Virtual Villagers: Origins and Plant Tycoon). The remaining 6 games (24 different apps - iPad full/free and iPhone full/free) will be submitted as soon as we can get everything ready for Apple. We're working hard to make that happen this week.

iOS 11 will be available in a week (on September 19th).

Re: News about updates for our older games - 09/19/17 07:31 PM

Happy iOS 11 day, everyone!

I want to give you another update on where we are.

Most of our games made it through Apple's review process, and the 64-bit updates are available in the App Store for these games:
  • Virtual Villagers: Origins (Universal)
  • Plant Tycoon (Universal)
  • Virtual Villagers 5 (full/lite/iPhone/iPad)
  • Virtual Villagers 4 (full/lite/iPhone/iPad)
  • Virtual Villagers 3 (full/lite/iPhone/iPad)
Unfortunately, Apple didn't approve Fish Tycoon, Virtual Families, and Virtual Villagers 2. We need to do some work on each of those games before we resubmit them, so there will be a bit of a delay getting those updated games into the App Store.

I will continue to post updated information as we make progress on them. Hang in there; we are still hard at work on this!
Posted by: AIcaeos

Re: News about updates for our older games - 09/20/17 09:04 PM

I am so glad to hear they were updated!! I was about 10 seconds away from deleting them (because why have a pointless app) the only reason I didn’t is because I noticed it looked different. I am so glad I can continue to play and congratulate the LDW team in their hard work and dedication and can’t wait to see what the future holds!

Re: News about updates for our older games - 09/21/17 04:01 PM

As it turns out, Apple went on to approve the iPhone versions of VV2, VF, and FT, so they went live in the App Store a few minutes ago.

We're still working on the iPad versions of those games, and I'll post updates here as soon as there's any news.
Posted by: Lia

Re: News about updates for our older games - 10/15/17 09:48 PM

I'm also interested in news regarding upcoming releases for the PC Platform. Is anything in the works?

Re: News about updates for our older iOS games - 10/16/17 04:07 PM

As it turns out, we ended up creating universal apps (full and lite for each game) for Fish Tycoon, Virtual Families, and Virtual Villagers 2. They should be released on the App Store soon.

[I don't have any news to share about new PC games at this time. For some background on why we are currently focused on mobile, see this post. That doesn't necessarily mean that we won't create PC games in the future, just that we are focused on mobile right now. For news about upcoming games that we have announced, check the Previews tab on our main web site.]

Posted by: Lia

Re: News about updates for our older iOS games - 10/16/17 04:40 PM

Thanks, it's good to know PC games at LDW are still a consideration.
Posted by: Syn

Re: News about updates for our older games on iOS - 12/28/17 07:35 PM

I'm not good at using the forums, but I was wandering if they are ever going to have another Virtual villagers ever again?
Posted by: Police12

Re: News about updates for our older iOS games - 04/06/24 09:37 AM

My virtual families 2 isn’t working since upgrade, just crashes help!
Posted by: KeeganAdministrator

Re: News about updates for our older iOS games - 04/08/24 03:47 PM

Hi there!

We're sorry to hear about your experience with the game on your device.

Please contact us by emailing support@ldw.zendesk.com and provide us with details about your issue - we'll be happy to discuss this with you!