Announcing Virtual Villagers: Origins for iOS

Posted by: LadyCFIIAdministrator

Announcing Virtual Villagers: Origins for iOS - 04/11/12 12:02 AM

We are very pleased to announce to all of you that we will be releasing Virtual Villagers: Origins for iOS. This game is based on the Virtual Villagers game that started it all! Not only is it the full game for free, to make it even more fun and interesting, we have added exciting new features never before available in a Virtual Villagers game. Have you ever wanted to make one (or all) of your villagers like running? Or maybe you can't get enough of those Island Events! Well now you can make some special things like this happen in the game! You can use your tribe's extra tech points to do some fun things in Virtual Villagers: Origins!

No purchases are required to get the whole game for free. It is a thank you to our fans, and hopefully will be an introduction to the Virtual Villagers series to anyone who has not enjoyed these games yet!

We thought you'd enjoy seeing a few screen shots taken from the game as a little preview!

New buttons on the Tech screen

New button on the Details screen

Choices, choices, choices! laugh

Posted by: Britney

Re: Announcing Virtual Villagers: Origins for iOS - 04/13/12 12:40 AM

This sounds absolutely fabulous~

I might as well download it right now!
Posted by: ILSherry

Re: Announcing Virtual Villagers: Origins for iOS - 04/13/12 12:47 AM

This is the LDW I'm used to. This game feels energetic and I look forward to acquiring it. I would be more than willing to pay. I'm sorry but the 2 new games have absolutely no appeal for me.

Not trying to rile anyone up - we all enjoy different things and I know VF fans have been wanting a new game. I may even try it.

Thank you - especially for the screen shots.
Posted by: Hugo2424

Re: Announcing Virtual Villagers: Origins for iOS - 04/13/12 01:02 AM

That will give me a reason to keep getting tech points laugh
Hopefully all the other vv on ipads will get this laugh great work! I suggest that this upgrade feature is in vf2

IMPORTANT! on the menu screen there is a new button 'upgrades'
eg 100000 tech points for $1 Aus Really like this feature
Posted by: txmom2

Re: Announcing Virtual Villagers: Origins for iOS - 04/13/12 01:51 AM

This makes me sad. This makes me very, very sad.
I have no iOS devices. frown I can't play this game, and it looks really, really awesome.
Is this going to be released for PC eventually? Or is it too similar to VV1?
Posted by: XayAdministrator

Re: Announcing Virtual Villagers: Origins for iOS - 04/13/12 02:20 AM

This is the same game as VV1, so it won't be released as a separate game for desktop systems (VV1 has been available on desktops since 2006). This one simply has a few iOS additions.
Posted by: skipper45mn

Re: Announcing Virtual Villagers: Origins for iOS - 04/13/12 02:46 PM

would be nice to see those additions in the pc version......any chance of getting an upgrade for that one? would be totally awesome.

Re: Announcing Virtual Villagers: Origins for iOS - 04/14/12 02:51 AM

i cant wait for these upgrades in a new vv laugh
Posted by: PinkNailPolish

Re: Announcing Virtual Villagers: Origins for iOS - 04/15/12 06:44 PM

Thankyou so much for the original VV on iOS! Any chance the other VV games can get the upgrade villager option? I'd love to have 100 runners on every game, lol.
Posted by: frogboy

Re: Announcing Virtual Villagers: Origins for iOS - 04/16/12 03:11 AM

Finally, more LDW to sink my teeth into! Downloading now.
Posted by: punkieg0

Re: Announcing Virtual Villagers: Origins for iOS - 04/16/12 12:25 PM

I love the new changes to VV- got me playing again.
One issue I am having is that my game does not appear to pause when I pause it at night. My poor little villagers keep working 24/7. Anyone else having this issue?

Re: Announcing Virtual Villagers: Origins for iOS - 04/16/12 02:13 PM

Hey um ldw on facebook you said
"We will be watching the game closely and listening to all the fans. We will probably update it very quickly if things are not exactly as we want, or if anything is working incorrectly. "

when will the next update be? Month, week, days?
Posted by: virtualbrenda

Re: Announcing Virtual Villagers: Origins for iOS - 04/16/12 05:32 PM

This is great!

I bought the tech doubler for 99c as long term that will be great for keeping my favorites around.

I love the charm of the first VV series, but can you add the running upgrade to all the iPad games? Even by way of in app purchase.

Thanks LDW. smile

Re: Announcing Virtual Villagers: Origins for iOS - 04/16/12 10:03 PM

Punkie, are you using the following method to pause your game?

In order to stop time and completely pause the game, you must select "Done" on the Options Menu after setting pause to "Yes" and then either quit the game or select Play to return to the main game screen. Leaving the game on the Options or Menu screen does not pause the game.
Posted by: Annthewhofan

Re: Announcing Virtual Villagers: Origins for iOS - 04/17/12 01:28 AM

Wow I must get this one sounds great
Posted by: punkieg0

Re: Announcing Virtual Villagers: Origins for iOS - 04/17/12 01:39 AM

Sure do! At first I thought I must have skipped that step but it does not pause them at all.

Re: Announcing Virtual Villagers: Origins for iOS - 04/17/12 01:44 PM

I can now see why vv on pc was so popular smile Good job LDW

Re: Announcing Virtual Villagers: Origins for iOS - 04/17/12 10:48 PM

Originally Posted By: punkieg0
Sure do! At first I thought I must have skipped that step but it does not pause them at all.

Punkie, can you walk us through, tap by tap (or swipe by swipe), exactly how you pause the game? We've not seen this in testing, and if we can, we'd like to use your method to test on our devices.
Posted by: txmom2

Re: Announcing Virtual Villagers: Origins for iOS - 04/18/12 01:15 AM

LDW, do you intend to add a board for this game?
Posted by: LadyCFIIAdministrator

Re: Announcing Virtual Villagers: Origins for iOS - 04/18/12 03:10 AM

I will create a forum for it soon; hopefully this week. I've been super busy on other projects. blush

Edit: The new forum is now available here.
Posted by: Lilsenna

Re: Announcing Virtual Villagers: Origins for iOS - 03/05/13 11:33 PM

I hope it will be available on android devices soon.
Posted by: aliah

Re: Announcing Virtual Villagers: Origins for iOS - 03/23/13 07:07 AM

What is IOS ?
Will this upgrade also be available for Windows?

Re: Announcing Virtual Villagers: Origins for iOS - 03/23/13 09:12 AM

iOS is the operating system for iPhones, iPods and iPads.

As I stated earlier in this thread:

"This is the same game as VV1, so it won't be released as a separate game for desktop systems (VV1 has been available on desktops since 2006). This one simply has a few iOS additions."
Posted by: Deb1

Re: Announcing Virtual Villagers: Origins for iOS - 04/22/13 08:29 PM

I agree! I don't have any of the ipod, ipad, or anything like that, just my friendly p.c. at home. What a shame we can't get these things for our p.c.'s!
Posted by: Corylea

Re: Announcing Virtual Villagers: Origins for iOS - 04/23/13 04:35 AM

Originally Posted By: Deb1
I agree! I don't have any of the ipod, ipad, or anything like that, just my friendly p.c. at home. What a shame we can't get these things for our p.c.'s!

Since this is the same game as Virtual Villagers 1, actually, we got it for the PC several years ago! laugh
Posted by: Simsane

Re: Announcing Virtual Villagers: Origins for iOS - 04/23/13 05:33 AM

Yes, Deb1, Corylea is correct. If you look at the PC games on this site, find the one called Virtual Villagers, A New Home. That is the exact same game only with a different name.