Virtual Families Update is Here!

Posted by: ArthurAdministrator

Virtual Families Update is Here! - 05/07/10 11:49 PM

Hi everyone,

Well we have been late and slow getting updates out for all of our games and we have recently reassessed our process for this and vowed to ourselves to try harder. The first in a wave of product updates is ready and is now live.

Virtual Families version 1.00.09 is available for Mac and PC. It should overwrite your existing version so that your game progress will not be interrupted.

The build primarily contains small fixes and these more significant fixes:
- Fixed "30th generation bug" (when the number of generations reaches 30, older generations will be dropped from the Family Screen as new generations are added).
- Lost TV remote can be recovered by pressing "R" (shift-r) while on the game's main screen.
- Fixes for store issues

If you have the PC version, just download the trial again from www.LDW.com or from www.VirtualFamilies.com and install it over your existing version. If it was registered as the full version before, it should remain registered.

If you bought it for Mac, just send us a ticket via www.LDW.com/support and we will reactive your download with the new version.

If you bought it from another distributor, we will try to get the fix out to all the other online game stores, but some are slow to put new versions up. You are also welcome to contact us with your proof of purchase, and we will take care of you as if you bought it from us. smile

Sorry it has taken so long, but hopefully this will be the start of a wave of updates and support fixes for our games.

Thanks as always for your continued support!!

Arthur

Posted by: Havetia

Re: Virtual Families Update is Here! - 05/08/10 03:18 PM

I seem to be having trouble updating, I tried downloading from both sites and it still shows version 1.00.05. What am I doing wrong? (windows)
Posted by: LadyCFIIAdministrator

Re: Virtual Families Update is Here! - 05/08/10 04:47 PM

It's not necessary to try both sites, since they both link to the same file/location. laugh

Since the downloads are now located on a cloud server, it might take some time to propagate through all of the regional servers. The updated version was uploaded yesterday afternoon. I checked this morning, and I was able to download the updated version. You might wait until late today and try again. We have never been able to determine exactly how long it takes to ripple a file update through all the servers.
Posted by: MissKathyAdministrator

Re: Virtual Families Update is Here! - 05/08/10 05:04 PM

Hurray!!! I was hoping that was what Arthur was doing when I saw him logged on yesterday! smile I've been replaying generation 29 to keep it going, now the family can finally move on to generation 30! Thank you Arthur!!!
Posted by: VFLover09

Re: Virtual Families Update is Here! - 05/08/10 07:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Arthur
If you bought it from another distributor, we will try to get the fix out to all the other online game stores, but some are slow to put new versions up. You are also welcome to contact us with your proof of purchase, and we will take care of you as if you bought it from us.

I bought mine from gamehouse. What do I need for "proof of purchase"? Do you know when it will be coming to gamehouse? ~VFLover09
Posted by: XayAdministrator

Re: Virtual Families Update is Here! - 05/08/10 08:25 PM

Most places send a receipt for your purchase in the form of an email. That is accepted as proof of purchase. smile

Simply fill out the support form that you can find in Arthur's post, and when I write you back, you can forward the proof of purchase email/receipt. smile
Posted by: emri

Re: Virtual Families Update is Here! - 05/09/10 12:33 PM

My still shows version1.00.05.I just updated at 5.45. a.m. on Sunday .
Posted by: Annthewhofan

Re: Virtual Families Update is Here! - 05/09/10 04:34 PM

Does this mean I can get more than 30 gens with this also on the ipod too? laugh

Re: Virtual Families Update is Here! - 05/09/10 05:32 PM

We are still working on the iPhone OS version, since it has a few more bugs that need to be fixed. We will let everyone know when that update is available, too.
Posted by: laurence

Re: Virtual Families Update is Here! - 05/09/10 06:29 PM

This "cloud", among all the others, is arrived in France!! and I succeed to download the version 1.00.09!
I even keep my red ball! laugh

I had make a folder with a copy of all the mods that I had in my game so I was able to put them again in the new version!

I tried the "R" (shift-r) as my remote was on its good place, just to look what will happen. And Hop!!, the remote went in the bedroom!! laugh I did it again and... hop! in the stairs!

I'm only at the 24th generation on my 1st family so I can't tell you anything about that but I'm happy to know that I'll be able to continue my little families!

Thanks a lot!

Re: Virtual Families Update is Here! - 05/09/10 06:52 PM

Well I waited till today to try agian and no 1.00.09 for me yet it still installs as 1.00.05. I tried uninstalling it then resinstalling from scratch with no Luck. frown

Re: Virtual Families Update is Here! - 05/09/10 10:02 PM

The same thing happened to me,Havetia.I lost all the mods i did,but it still says version 1.00.05.
Posted by: Tralah

Re: Virtual Families Update is Here! - 05/10/10 10:46 AM

Where in the game do I check to make sure I got the new version installed?
Posted by: arnie

Re: Virtual Families Update is Here! - 05/10/10 12:27 PM

At the bottom left of the Menu screen; it should show version 1.00.09. If it shows 1.00.05 it's still the old version.
Posted by: Mbee

Re: Virtual Families Update is Here! - 05/10/10 01:21 PM

I hope this cloud will come to Holland soon, I'll keep on trying ...

smile
Posted by: BostonGirl

Re: Virtual Families Update is Here! - 05/10/10 05:51 PM

The "cloud" reached the Eastern US this morning. I did the same thing Laurance did and tried the remote "R" shift and the remote popped into the office!

Thanks Arthur and everyone who worked on the update!

Re: Virtual Families Update is Here! - 05/10/10 05:56 PM

It has definatly reached the southern states as I have finally downloaded the patch!

Re: Virtual Families Update is Here! - 05/11/10 05:56 AM

I finally got the right version.It took a while to reach Kansas.
Posted by: Mbee

Re: Virtual Families Update is Here! - 05/11/10 01:01 PM

There are many rainclouds in Holland, but this ones content is wonderfull, thanx a lot for the update laugh
Posted by: Cardinal

Re: Virtual Families Update is Here! - 05/11/10 05:48 PM

I waited until today to do the update. It updated first try and remote moves to reachable area. Wahoo, thank you LDW. smile
Posted by: arnie

Re: Virtual Families Update is Here! - 05/12/10 12:34 PM

Quote:
remote moves to reachable area

That could spawn a mini-game: trying to get the remote back as close as possible to its spot on the coffee table.

If the remote is at the opposite side of the house (laundry or office, say) and you've only got one or two elderly peeps left, it takes what seems to be ages while they creakingly return it. Hitting Shift+r might move it closer, but it might move it further away ... wink
Posted by: Joine The Great

Re: Virtual Families Update is Here! - 05/13/10 03:35 PM

How do I got about emailing you guys with my proof of purchase? I finally found that thing and I'm ready for the update now! ^^

Re: Virtual Families Update is Here! - 05/13/10 07:52 PM

You can click the link in my signature (or, if you have them blocked - go to here.) You'll need to select the game and your computer type.

Once you have done that, click on game registration. Click 'My question is not listed', then follow the instructions and fill out the resulting form as completely as possible. Once I write you back, I'll ask for your proof of purchase, which you can forward in your reply. smile
Posted by: lam

Re: Virtual Families Update is Here! - 06/02/10 12:41 AM

If I can't locate the email I got when I first paid for the game, do I have to purchase the updated version?

Re: Virtual Families Update is Here! - 06/02/10 12:46 AM

If you purchased the game through us simply fill out a Support Form & I will assist you. If you are unable to locate your confirmation email from other website for the game, I will need some other form of verification. Several websites will send you a copy of your email if you ask them. smile

Re: Virtual Families Update is Here! - 06/08/10 05:09 AM

Does version 1.00.09 have any new actions? If it does, how many?

Re: Virtual Families Update is Here! - 06/08/10 06:59 AM

The items that were changed (and added, if applicable) can be found in the read-me file of the Virtual Families folder. smile
Posted by: Annadae

Re: Virtual Families Update is Here! - 06/12/10 03:50 AM

Hey, I bought mine from amazon and re-downloaded it today, but the site does not have the new version. What should I do?

Re: Virtual Families Update is Here! - 06/12/10 04:36 PM

Arthur and Xay (Heather) have provided instructions for what to do in that case. Just read their posts earlier in this thread. laugh

Re: Virtual Families Update is Here! - 07/12/10 10:52 PM

I was just wondering, what kind of info do you need to update my VF to version 1.00.09? confused

Edit: Nevermind, I read the earlier posts blush
Posted by: hurrihottie

Re: Virtual Families Update is Here! - 03/20/11 03:36 AM

how do i do this if i bought the game from bigfishgames
Posted by: IzzyJ5

Re: Virtual Families Update is Here! - 03/20/11 03:00 PM

I want this update so badly, but I don't remember when I bought it or who I bought it from. Blah...

Re: Virtual Families Update is Here! - 03/20/11 08:37 PM

Izzy, you can check your bank statement (or ask your parents to check theirs) depending on your situation, and that should help you determine where you purchased the game. smile
Posted by: IzzyJ5

Re: Virtual Families Update is Here! - 03/21/11 12:36 AM

Thanks, Xay, I just looked it up and I bought it through iwin.com. That was a long time ago and I'll have to see if I can find the bank statement or other receipt of payment.
Posted by: Umineko Otaku

Re: Virtual Families Update is Here! - 07/10/11 06:20 PM

I bought mine from big fish games. i accidentally deleted the email from them. it doesn't show that there is an update available either. What do i do?

EDIT: I found a way for them to re-email the receipt to me!
Posted by: VFladyaddict2010

Re: Virtual Families Update is Here! - 07/17/11 04:21 PM

thanks for the info. its just great news. I'm a VF addict anyway great fan of it. I have been though an still am very sick an in lot of pain all over play when i can sorry haven't been in forum just to sick. hopefully they be a dr out there that can find whats wrong. its possible not sure yet that i have fibromyalgia. going to another doctor wed 7/20/2011. maybe they can help. well i'll be back when i can an feel better but its great news about game I love so much.:)