Exciting news about LDW Forums!

Posted by: LadyCFIIAdministrator

Exciting news about LDW Forums! - 02/20/08 09:21 PM

Hello, everyone! We have some great news for all of you about some exciting changes that we are making to our forums! We hope that these improvements will make them more fun and interesting for all of you! We know that many of you have expressed disappointment that there is not much to do here during the time between game releases, and we want to make sure that our forums are a fun and interesting place to be all of the time, not just after we release a new game. So, here are the new things you will see starting this week:
  • We will be reorganizing the forums a little bit to keep all of the new, fun features in one area that is easy to find.
  • We will add an off-topic forum for non-LDW-related topics, as well as a developer feedback forum where we will keep all of the game suggestion threads in one place.
  • There will be more frequent polls, more frequent and varied contests, and plenty of new forum-based games and other interesting activities.
  • To make sure that the fun parts of the forum get the time, energy, and creativity that they deserve (and to keep things under control \:D ), we have asked eyeshigh and Gamemastr1 to team up with us to provide fun and interesting activities and to moderate the Fun Stuff forums.
  • Finally, we have completely revised and updated the forum rules to make them more clear and helpful. They will be posted and easily accessible from every forum, instead of being buried in the forum FAQ.
We hope that these changes will be well received, and that they will make our forums an even better place to hang out with each other and share the fun! Feel free to post your comments in this thread. We look forward to hearing your opinions. \:\)
Posted by: Joine The Great

Re: Exciting news about LDW Forums! - 02/20/08 09:24 PM

I Knew Something Big was coming soon! My First guess was Gamey and eyesigh becoming mods in the same day (THATS a sign or my name is Buloni! and it's not..)
Posted by: Annthewhofan

Re: Exciting news about LDW Forums! - 02/20/08 09:39 PM

Thats great I can't wait to try them out \:\)
Posted by: lucas

Re: Exciting news about LDW Forums! - 02/20/08 10:07 PM

Sounds good cant wait to try it out
Posted by: Rockmower

Re: Exciting news about LDW Forums! - 02/21/08 01:06 AM

Oh I'm delighted!
I'm tickled plumb pink!
These exciting changes
will make us all think!

These forums are great
(though some thought them bland)
But all these new changes
will make them just GRAND!

And Eyeshigh and Gamey
Great choices are these,
to moderate fun stuff
for you and for me!

\:\) \:\) \:\) \:\) \:\) \:\) \:\) \:\) \:\) \:\) \:\) \:\) \:\) \:\) \:\) \:\) \:\) \:\) \:\) \:\) \:\) \:\)
Posted by: QuickStorm

Re: Exciting news about LDW Forums! - 02/21/08 01:28 AM

Now, Barbara can have a well needed rest. \:\)

Barbara, you know you can't stay away too long.

Re: Exciting news about LDW Forums! - 02/21/08 01:30 AM

Rest? Rest? Who said anything about rest? \:\) I'm not going anywhere. Gamey and eyeshigh are going to be doing a lot of new stuff that we were too busy to do. YAY!!
Posted by: Gamemastr1

Re: Exciting news about LDW Forums! - 02/21/08 01:32 AM

YAY! \:D
Posted by: Britney

Re: Exciting news about LDW Forums! - 02/21/08 02:38 AM

YAY! The games are coming back, AND a forum for stuff thats not LDW related! YAY!
Posted by: Airstream Raider

Re: Exciting news about LDW Forums! - 02/21/08 02:41 AM

i like it but what about pix in the siggys?
Posted by: Rainbowlady333

Re: Exciting news about LDW Forums! - 02/21/08 04:06 AM

would small pics be allowed? If not in siggies, what about main body of message? Great about the non-LDW forum ... although I love all of the various topics, sometimes a need pops up for something else, and you don't know where to put it besides PM's and that means including all who you think MIGHT be interested in viewing. Whatever you do though Lady et al, I support you and thank you in advance for your efforts. I do like it here :).
Posted by: Tmac

Re: Exciting news about LDW Forums! - 02/21/08 07:37 AM

celebrate good times !!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: laurence

Re: Exciting news about LDW Forums! - 02/21/08 10:20 AM

I impatient to see the new forum!! 8\)
Posted by: eyeshigh

Re: Exciting news about LDW Forums! - 02/21/08 02:51 PM

So are we ;\)
Posted by: Jazzo

Re: Exciting news about LDW Forums! - 02/21/08 04:55 PM

\:\) well, this is nice to hear. We'll see how it works. Congrats Gamey and Eyeshigh. I envy you two LOL, JK JK JK JK
Posted by: Jocelyn

Re: Exciting news about LDW Forums! - 04/08/08 04:07 PM

is this the new forum?
Posted by: arnie

Re: Exciting news about LDW Forums! - 04/08/08 04:10 PM

Yes! The thread was started in February. Some of the developments still have to be included, though.
Posted by: *Erica*

Re: Exciting news about LDW Forums! - 04/26/08 05:23 AM

yipee!!
Posted by: YaelleG

Re: Exciting news about LDW Forums! - 04/29/08 11:29 AM

This site looks great. I even like the new rules page and...well, everything. It's all very clear and easy to read/find even for me and that is saying something. (I'm not "dissing" myself - I have a brain injury & learning or remembering new info doesnt come easily. So I'd have to say the way this is all laid out is really quite good if I can get around it!
Posted by: kittenzan62

Re: Exciting news about LDW Forums! - 05/02/08 12:58 PM

Always thinkin arent ya! It's a Maze in here as it is! rotflmao! Takes me an hour to find what I'm looking for, great your organizing it all for us Puter Tards! Still waiting impatiently for the 99% to reach 100% God grant me the patience to hold on for that 1%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks LDW
Posted by: XiloDragon

Re: Exciting news about LDW Forums! - 06/21/08 07:30 PM

rockmower, nice poem. \:\)
Posted by: colourmehappy

Re: Exciting news about LDW Forums! - 06/21/08 08:49 PM

Sounds good, I am hopeing for more contests. Like story writing and fan art.
Posted by: XiloDragon

Re: Exciting news about LDW Forums! - 06/21/08 08:55 PM

i cannot believe that the only forum game at all is closed, i cant wait for more, i have not done it but im so sad it is closed \:\(
Posted by: Wendy01162

Re: Exciting news about LDW Forums! - 06/27/08 01:32 PM

Please could we have a mods section (for redesigned objects in VV), so that we can find them, download and return to thank the creators when it works and looks so good?
Posted by: arnie

Re: Exciting news about LDW Forums! - 06/27/08 04:20 PM

Look in the Guides section under the particular game. You can't post there though; probably the best way of thanking the creator of a mod would be by PM or perhaps by a message in the forum specific to that game.

Re: Exciting news about LDW Forums! - 06/27/08 04:23 PM

We are already considering ways to make mods more accessible as part of the further improvements to the forums that were delayed while we worked on getting VV3 released. \:\)
Posted by: Niagara_Carol

Re: Exciting news about LDW Forums! - 10/16/08 05:40 PM

And I say "Amen & Amen"