[SPOILER] Tips on the last two puzzles?

Posted by: TouchyToucan

[SPOILER] Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/15/05 06:31 PM

I've had the first 10 of the 12 puzzles figured out, having everything researched and am wearing out my stylus dragging people around the island... can someone give me a tip to enable the last two puzzles?

Thanks!
Posted by: LadyCFIIAdministrator

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/15/05 07:11 PM

One of them is really not under your direct control (and just requires patience once the 9th puzzle is complete). The other one is more of an 'Easter egg' with certain prerequisites - it's a very difficult one to find/solve. I know that's pretty obscure, but I don't want to get more specific in the forum!
Posted by: TouchyToucan

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/15/05 07:38 PM

Barbara, can you PM me with more details? Pretty please?
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/15/05 07:46 PM

yeah im lost on the last 2 puzzles and im up 2 1 mil in food and all tech and 10 of 12 puzzles, does the boy grow up sometime lol he stays 5 all his life

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/15/05 07:50 PM

He doesn't grow up!
Posted by: bemused

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/15/05 09:58 PM

I have 11 of 12 puzzles. So I'm clear on whether I should look or not, is the 11th one the easter egg? It seems to be.

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/15/05 09:59 PM

The 12th puzzle (the last box on the lower right of the puzzle screen) is the easter egg.
Posted by: Buny251

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/16/05 06:57 AM

I am new to this game, so I am having a hard time with the
puzzles, can somebody help me? I don't know how to move the bolder, or carve the rock, or do the ruins. I am on tech 2 on somethings, and tech 3 on the harvesting. Here is my email address. Thanks....Buny
Posted by: Buny251

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/16/05 07:03 AM

Oh, here is my email address, buny251@yahoo.com
Posted by: treefern

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/16/05 07:10 AM

Buny, see my replies to your other listings. We have all had a hard time with the last few puzzles. It takes a lot of patience to get those last research points
Posted by: aoh

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/16/05 12:36 PM

Please can someone give me a hint for the last puzzle - I'm fully researched, the villagers are very well fed, but I've been trying to find it for so long that none of the villagers have any skills left, so I'm guessing that'll just make it harder. Just a little hint - pleeeeeeeeeeeeease
Posted by: istara

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/16/05 12:53 PM

Unfortunately, it's probably impossible for you to do the last puzzle now

It's something that you really have to plan for from the start of the game - particularly as the skill required is not only the hardest to master, but the one that has least opportunities of mastering. I literally had to allow no more than four villagers to master this skill, otherwise the others would have "used up" their training chances.

And you also need to make sure that you get someone young trained up in it - otherwise by the time you have all the tech advances, your masters might be dying off.

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/16/05 07:51 PM

....isn't this why it is being referred to as an easter egg now?

I'm speaking as a player who had quite a few go's before I managed to get this last puzzle

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/16/05 10:59 PM

SPOILER

Where did my Golden Child go? She was there, then she was gone.

Waaaaaa.

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/16/05 11:36 PM

There were a couple of reports of that during the beta test, but we couldn't recreate it. Can you describe the circumstances that made the Golden Child disappear?
Posted by: Lea

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/17/05 08:11 AM

I was dragging her around the island to try various things: the boulder, the idol. After I dragged her near the idol, I couldn't find her again. Not on the island, not in the details menu.

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/17/05 09:10 AM

Hmmmm...maybe there's something going on there. One of the beta testers lost the Golden Child near the idol, too.

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/17/05 10:58 AM

Does this mean I should, gulp, start over?

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/17/05 11:29 AM

Question for the Arthur and co....will a new GC be born if the old one disappears?

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/17/05 03:18 PM

I'm pretty sure that the GC will not be replaced - he/she is supposed to be 'invincible' and, thus, permanent. I'm beginning think that this is a nasty bug, and is worth another look.

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/17/05 03:27 PM

Ok, I must be an idiot. I have all techs researched, and have for the last 48 hours. I'm missing the last 3 puzzles. I keep reading about this "Golden Child", and I'm embarassed to say that I don't have one. I imagine I've messed something up and will need to start over (yikes). Could someone please throw me a lifeline on how to get the GC? I would appreciate it muchly.
My email is: enfowler@msn.com

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/17/05 03:38 PM

What is your current village population?

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/17/05 04:00 PM

I currently have 65, and a bunch of my really skilled villagers are in their 60's or 70's.

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/17/05 04:04 PM

Have you tried to make any babies lately? If it says that there's not enough housing, then you'll have to wait for some of your villagers to die (to make room for another birth). Ah, the harsh realities of life on a remote island!

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/17/05 07:45 PM

Woo hoo! Golden Child! What an adorable little scamp. Thanks for your help.

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/17/05 07:53 PM

Noooooooooo! I was so joyous, what with the birth, and my Golden Child disappeared by the boulder. After all that waiting...
Posted by: tigger4will

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/17/05 08:02 PM

that seems to be an ongoing bug. Hopefully, they can fix that problem for us!

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/17/05 08:15 PM

Were you dragging the Golden Child at the time, or was he/she walking around and then vanished? Previous reports seem to indicate that the Golden Child disappears after being dragged or dropped.

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/18/05 02:11 AM

I was dragging him around.

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/18/05 10:38 AM

Thanks! That seems to be the situation in the few reports that we've had on the Golden Child disappearing. I've tried and tried to make it happen, but haven't been able to make the little one vanish. If anyone can provide more clues to this bug, it would be very helpful!
Posted by: TheVillageIdiot

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/18/05 11:39 AM

Quote:

Unfortunately, it's probably impossible for you to do the last puzzle now

It's something that you really have to plan for from the start of the game - particularly as the skill required is not only the hardest to master, but the one that has least opportunities of mastering. I literally had to allow no more than four villagers to master this skill, otherwise the others would have "used up" their training chances.

Hmmm, sounds like breeding to me.
Posted by: bemused

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/18/05 12:49 PM

It sounded more like building to me, as after a while they can't build no matter what you do, as all the building is completed.

While I don't want to spoil anyone's fun, can someone PM me to let me know if I'm on the right track?
Posted by: Tibby

Darn it! - 04/19/05 03:29 PM

Ugh, I think the building skill is the required one, too. I have the last two puzzles left to solve and my villagers haven't moved the boulder. I'm assuming that moving the boulder is one of the remaining puzzles. I have a few people who have OK construction skills (middle of the road) but that's it. I have 65 villagers and the golden child no other way to get someone skilled on construction. Can someone tell me if I just need to start over?

Re: Darn it! - 04/19/05 03:35 PM

There is, unfortunately (for now), no way to improve construction skill once all of the construction projects are completed. You'll be able to solve all but the 12th puzzle in your current situation. I wouldn't start over just for that puzzle - I'd save it for my next game. You'll have to play many games to see all of the island events, anyway.

Re: Darn it! - 04/19/05 03:38 PM

Maybe I'll get lucky since I have a few with construction skills. Do I need to drag them somewhere or do they just "do thier thing" when it's time? Also, What is the 10th puzzle???

Re: Darn it! - 04/19/05 03:51 PM

The 12th puzzle is more of an easter egg, and requires considerable work on your part (along with certain prerequisites). I don't know of anyone (besides the development team) that's figured it out without help.

The tenth puzzle is the special villager that seems to be eluding many people!

Re: Darn it! - 04/19/05 03:54 PM

The tenth puzzle is the special villager that seems to be eluding many people!

Thanks- I guess they should be along soon then!

Re: Darn it! - 04/19/05 03:56 PM

Thank you for the quick response, Ladycfii.

Can you tell me - it now appears I could figure out that 11th puzzle - is that one the boulder or is the boulder the 12th puzzle?

Basically, can I still do something at all with the boulder? Now my people are just sort of dying off.

Thank you,
Tibby
Posted by: Flash57

Re: Darn it! - 04/19/05 04:04 PM

The 11th puzzle will be the boulder. The 12th puzzle is the special "easter egg". You should be able to solve the 11th puzzle no matter what you've done in the game. The 12th puzzle requires advance planning and may become unsolvable for many people.

Re: Darn it! - 04/19/05 04:08 PM

Tibby, you should have everything you need for all but the 12th puzzle. You can't directly do anything with the boulder - it's up to that special little villager. Patience is the only thing that will help for that puzzle.

Re: Darn it! - 04/19/05 04:09 PM

Ah! Speak of the devil. My little golden dude took care of #11. Thank you for the help, all. I will happily start another game to see more events. Thank you, all.

Tibby

Re: Darn it! - 04/19/05 04:21 PM

Quote:

There is, unfortunately (for now), no way to improve construction skill once all of the construction projects are completed.

Ok, so does the builder have to be an expert or just a highly talented builder?

Re: Darn it! - 04/19/05 04:22 PM

Highly talented isn't good enough. Mediocre definitely won't cut it!

Re: Darn it! - 04/19/05 05:01 PM

Quote:

Highly talented isn't good enough. Mediocre definitely won't cut it!

Bummer. I have a builder who is sooooo close to becoming a master builder. I just about lucked out!
Posted by: fdisk

Re: Darn it! - 04/19/05 06:19 PM

Okay, I've had the little golden child for 2 solid days now, playing the game in Fast mode. I still have some folks who are masters in each category. I have the first 10 puzzles finished up, and am waiting for the little guy to do his trick with puzzle 11 (if he ever decides to do anything useful. . .) Is there any way I will be able to get puzzle 12 done with the current population I have? Or anything I can do to help further along either of the last 2 puzzles. I know that people probably don't want spoilers posted in the forums, so I will gladly take a PM if someone in the know would be so kind.

Thanks for all your help, and thanks to LDW for another extremely addictive game. . .

Re: Darn it! - 04/19/05 06:22 PM

Quote:

Is there any way I will be able to get puzzle 12 done with the current population I have? Or anything I can do to help further along either of the last 2 puzzles.

To get the last puzzel you need to have a villager with a certin skilled mastered, then you need to hunt for the location to unlock it. If you don't have that certian villager, well you are out of luck and will have to start over. Unless there is an Island event to give one of your villagers the necessary skill, but I have not heard of such of an event.

Re: Darn it! - 04/19/05 06:27 PM

You can solve the 12th puzzle before the 11th, if you have the necessary prerequisites. The 12th puzzle doesn't involve the GC.
Posted by: fdisk

Re: Darn it! - 04/19/05 06:30 PM

Quote:

You can solve the 12th puzzle before the 11th, if you have the necessary prerequisites. The 12th puzzle doesn't involve the GC.

I have at least 5 masters in each category, and I have 2 villagers who are masters of more than one category. I guess I will have to keep hunting. . . I am trying to keep folks around the boulder and the cactus, as they seem to still hold quite a bit of interest in the idle villagers.

Re: Darn it! - 04/19/05 06:36 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I have at least 5 masters in each category, and I have 2 villagers who are masters of more than one category. I guess I will have to keep hunting. . . I am trying to keep folks around the boulder and the cactus, as they seem to still hold quite a bit of interest in the idle villagers.

Keep looking.
Posted by: Raven12

Re: Darn it! - 04/20/05 05:12 AM

I've done the first 11 and still have one Master Builder left but she's getting up in years....if someone could send me a PM I would be MOST appreciative about what in the world to do about the 12th puzzle....

Thanks!!

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/20/05 01:00 PM

I FINALLY got the GC- but now I'm afraid to touch him- since they tend to dissapear. Will he do what he's supposed to do without any dragging help from me?

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/20/05 01:03 PM

I've played many, many games and never had anyone disappear, but you don't need to 'bother' the GC in order to complete the next puzzle. Arthur is still working on the vanishing villagers bug.

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/20/05 01:09 PM

That's good to know since I don't want to take the chance- I had two villagers dissapear myself earlier today!!
Posted by: spaceman

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/21/05 10:25 PM

Wait a sec, when you have a villager clean the beach after a storm, I believe that s/he gains construction skills, right?

Also, I currently have two master builders left (67 & 75) and only the 12th puzzle left. So, since I don't have a lot of time left to find the last one, I want to make it count; though I don't want anyone to just hand over the solution. That being said, do I have to do something with my masters or do they have to do something themselves?
Thanks,
-spaceman

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/21/05 10:27 PM

It's all up to you (thus the easter egg designation). Once you're onto it, your villager(s) will take over.

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/21/05 10:29 PM

Yes villagers learn gain construction skills from the debris

Your masters need to go exploring....and it works better if you just watch them explore, rather than lead them around

If you have followed the threads on backing up a game, I would almost suggest you do so, so you don't kick yourself if your builders die unexpectedly

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/21/05 10:30 PM

As vague as that is, that does give me a couple of ideas.

Also, is it really suppose to be a builder? Because now that I think about it, I've never actually had a master parent. Are they good for anything?

Oh, and thanks for the reminder. I had almost forgotten; I will definately save now.

Thanks for the speedy repies,
-spaceman

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/21/05 10:35 PM

Masters in all areas aren't as easy to come by

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/21/05 10:41 PM

Well, that didn't help. Now I'm even MORE unsure.

Okay, I think that I am just going to pause it until I have a sizable list of possibilities->try them->start again.
Thanks for not spoiling it for me at least.
-spaceman

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/21/05 10:44 PM

good luck

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/22/05 12:41 AM

Hi! Can you kindly help me with the last puzzle...I have been stuck here for a while and I would like to solve the last puzzle so i can start playing again. Appreciate your help. Thanks

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/22/05 12:46 AM

Give us a quick summary on how many villagers you have, and their current levels. If you are able to do still solve this puzzle, I am happy to send you a private message with more clues....however, I think you need to register on the forum to have access to these

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/22/05 02:01 AM

Okay, I'm totally stumped. I have every puzzle solved BUT 11. I have maxed out population, all tech levels researched, a golden child scampering about, and nothing's happened for at least a day.

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/22/05 02:17 AM

I think I am correct in saying that puzzle 11 is the boulder. If so, sorry, there is nothing you can do to hurry it along. The person responsible for this will move it when they are ready to do so. I have heard others saying that it has taken about 2 days for this puzzle to be solved, so just make sure that your village is chugging along, and watch them!!

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/22/05 12:26 PM

It has been 7 days for me since puzzle 10 was solved and puzzle 11 is still unsolved. Sometimes it takes a very long time.
Posted by: Skippy

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/22/05 03:06 PM

I have all puzzles solved but the last one, tech levels maxed out, 48 villagers including a 55-year-old Master Builder who I have dragged all over the island. Can I solve the last puzzle? If so, can someone PM me a hint or two. I am mystified, edging toward frustrated. Thanks!

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/22/05 03:14 PM

I just sent you a PM with info... good luck!
Posted by: kosikutioner

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/22/05 03:31 PM

Do they have to be maxed out with building or just have the title master? and do you have to have all the other building puzzles solved first? Because mine is still working on my mystical rock and she won't work on the final puzzle. But she is just a tiny bit away from the maxed out of building. Which one is the problem?

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/22/05 03:33 PM

"removed post"

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/22/05 03:35 PM

I see you fixed your problem on PM. Congrats!!

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/22/05 08:46 PM

Whats puzzle 10? I have 65 villagers, level 3 in everything and no sign of puzzle 10, 11 or 12! help!

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/22/05 09:07 PM

You'll have to be able to make new baby villagers in order to complete puzzle #10. So, it looks like you'll have to wait for a few of your older villagers to die! You could, however, solve puzzle #12 before the other two, if you have the right kind of villager!
Posted by: fssia

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/23/05 03:32 AM

I've not reach that point in my game yet but thanx to the tips from this forum, I was able to guide someone in 1src thru PM and s/he is working on the Puzzle #12 now. Can't wait. Don't ask me why I wanna know so soon. Curiousity alwez kills the cat!
Posted by: dracula

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/23/05 01:53 PM

where exactly is the location for the 12th puzzle, been trying to drop my builder everywhere and he's getting old. Maybe just a rough hint? Thanks.

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/23/05 01:54 PM

I think most people are avoiding telling everyone because it will spoil the surprize!! If you would like, I'll send you a PM with the information!!

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/23/05 02:14 PM

pls do tigger, and thanks
Posted by: ter

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/23/05 04:35 PM

Quote:

I think most people are avoiding telling everyone because it will spoil the surprize!! If you would like, I'll send you a PM with the information!!

pls PM me also, thx indeed

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/23/05 04:38 PM

I sent it. Good luck!

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/23/05 08:00 PM

Alright, my impacience has gotten the better of me, but instead of someone just giving it to me, I have a very vague question (I'm stubborn too)

All that I would like to know is:
Is the key a specific action or a certain combination?

I'd really appriciate it if someone could please PM me with the answer. Thanks for all of your help and for not giving it away. It has really kept me in suspense the last couple of days.
-spaceman

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/23/05 08:07 PM

I'll send you a hint now!

Re: Tips puzzles? - 04/23/05 08:34 PM

i'm new to this kind of game. i have 10 vilager's; I'm on level 2 (harvasting/spirituality only) i'm lost as to how the solve the puzzles; one of my most knowledgable villager's drank some blue liquid and become 2 yrs. therefore she's useless temporyily (as well as the rest of the already 5 children (hint when to they start to contribute). Any hints or clue's

Re: Tips puzzles? - 04/23/05 08:42 PM

You'll need higher levels of technology in other areas for most of the puzzles. Your primary goal right now is to keep your villagers healthy and working on food and research. Children will start to work at age 14, and you should train them as soon as you can. When a villager turns 18, they can start 'dating' other villagers!

The best thing to do is, as you research each new level of technology, drag villagers with various skills around the island to see if they find anything new!

Re: Tips puzzles? - 04/23/05 08:46 PM

thanks Lady; my pup Pete's say's "Woof"
Posted by: kosikutioner

Re: Tips puzzles? - 04/23/05 11:45 PM

Wicked, I got puzzle 12 solved! Still have 10 and 11 though.

Re: Tips puzzles? - 04/24/05 12:04 AM

Way to go! That's a toughie! The others will be a piece of cake after #12!
Posted by: izuaf

Re: Tips puzzles? - 04/24/05 01:57 AM

65 population, all but puzzle 12th left, all tech max! So how does one solve puzzle 12?

Re: Tips puzzles? - 04/24/05 02:14 AM

PM sent

Re: Tips puzzles? - 04/24/05 08:09 AM

I would suggest adding this feature: that research above a certain level after all techs are at level 3 could be bought to give villager of your choice a boost in a skill area.

Also - does repairing huts add to skill level in Building?

Re: Tips puzzles? - 04/24/05 09:15 AM

Fixing huts does not improve building skill. There are plans to include a permanent place to train builders in the bug fix/update release of Village Sim.
Posted by: izuaf

Re: Tips puzzles? - 04/24/05 09:28 AM

"Fixing huts does not improve building skill. There are plans to include a permanent place to train builders in the bug fix/update release of Village Sim."

I hope so soon!

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/24/05 12:46 PM

Since my population has long reached 65, it seems to be an impossibly long wait for someone to die and make room for newborns, and hopefully the GC.
Wish there is a KILL button somewhere.

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/24/05 01:14 PM

ha, 3 of them are sick, i'll have to keep a close eye on them and make sure no doctor can get near them.
Posted by: JustAGirl

Re: Tips puzzles? - 04/24/05 06:14 PM

Quote:

Fixing huts does not improve building skill. There are plans to include a permanent place to train builders in the bug fix/update release of Village Sim.

They should just change fixing huts to a builder improving action. That'd solve it! Or after you're done with research maybe the builders could use it for a work bench

Re: Tips puzzles? - 04/24/05 06:16 PM

Good suggestions, Rebecca!
Posted by: JustAGirl

Re: Tips puzzles? - 04/24/05 06:31 PM

I have a few once in a while

Re: Tips puzzles? - 04/24/05 10:33 PM

i need your help - It has been almost a week. Completed all tech levels and the 11th puzzle. I need help with the 12th puzzle. I have 65 villagers - about 200000 food. Nothings seems to be going on.Thanks

Re: Tips puzzles? - 04/24/05 10:53 PM

The 12th puzzle is mostly an easter egg. It requires a villagers with certain skills, a certain tech level, and some hunting!
Posted by: Gack

Re: Tips puzzles? - 04/24/05 11:14 PM

Ok...I think I'm ready for the PM too. I've read all the hints...I have all skills maxed researched, and I've watched (highlighted and just watched!) my master level builder for over 45 min's... nothing, or nothing out of the ordinary. <sigh> PM me with the spoiler on this. Ohh..I have 1 - 9 of the puzzles. Waiting for villagers to die off (I have 65) so I can get a GC, then let him/her do the 11th.

Re: Tips puzzles? - 04/24/05 11:21 PM

It will be on its way to you shortly!

Re: Tips puzzles? - 04/24/05 11:24 PM

What is puzzle #10?
Posted by: Gack

Re: Tips puzzles? - 04/24/05 11:24 PM

Boy that was quick! Tx for the reply...do you ever rest

Re: Tips puzzles? - 04/24/05 11:29 PM

We aim to please around here! But, yes, I do rest.

Re: Tips puzzles? - 04/24/05 11:33 PM

Puzzle #10 involves the birth of a special villager. It requires a certain tech level and the ability to make more babies (in other words, your village cannot be at the maximum population).

Re: Tips puzzles? - 04/24/05 11:38 PM

Ok, I have 65 villagers, no master builders, and have solved 1-9. My food supplies are awesome and I have all tech levels. Do I have a chance, or do I need to (sigh) start a new game?

Re: Tips puzzles? - 04/24/05 11:43 PM

You should be able to solve 10 and 11 (as soon as you're able to make some more babies). Unfortunately, it's not likely that you'll be able to develop a master builder at this point in the game, so 12 will most likely have to wait until your next game!
Posted by: heathermari

Re: Tips puzzles? - 04/24/05 11:45 PM

Is there any way we can have 2 games running? I hate to kill people (even simulated ones!)

Re: Tips puzzles? - 04/24/05 11:53 PM

There isn't a way in Village Sim to have two games running at the same time. But, if you don't mind juggling savegame files, you could accomplish something close to that. You can use a file manager on your Palm device or PC to back up two (or more) savegame files and keep switching between them.

Re: Tips puzzles? - 04/25/05 12:36 PM

Oh, and by the way, I am now at 432 hours playing the game. Puzzle #10 was solved at 133 hours and puzzle #11 still hasn't been finished yet. That's 300 hours (i.e., two solid weeks) of waiting.

And I haven't been speeding up the clock at all.

At this point, I haven't forced anyone to breed or farm in the game for a week. People are just dying off from old age. I'm sort of interested in what happens when the GC is the only one alive.

Re: Tips puzzles? - 04/25/05 12:44 PM

Wow, Flash! I'm sure you hold the record now! I think it would be good if there was some sort of test in the game so that the GC was REQUIRED to do his 'thing' within a certain timeframe (MUCH, MUCH shorter than 300 hours)!
Posted by: rkanter

Re: [SPOILER] Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/25/05 12:51 PM

Help! I have a master builder. All techs 65 people and puzzles 1-9 solved. I know I am waiting for the GC for 10 and 11. But can someone give me a clue where my Master Builder should look for 12. I have had him all over the island. He is getting old and is the last Master Builder I have.
Thanks.

Re: [SPOILER] Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/25/05 01:01 PM

Have you only been dragging him, or have you tried dropping him in various places? (hint, hint) PM me if you give up!
Posted by: rkanter

Re: [SPOILER] Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/25/05 01:07 PM

Let me clarify. I found the place that when you drop him you get a question on the bottom of the screen, but nothing happens no matter how many times I drop him there. Does he need expertise in other fields besides building?
Thanks

Re: [SPOILER] Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/25/05 01:15 PM

Yes.
Posted by: mom3rboys

Re: [SPOILER] Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/25/05 04:15 PM

Can I have a hint on puzzle 12. I have all puzzles solved except 12. I have one master builder who has several other skills mastered. I have dragged and dropped with no luck. I think I might know what puzzle 12 is but I can't seem to solve it.
Posted by: MissEh

Re: [SPOILER] Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/25/05 04:19 PM

You can PM your idea to me, and I'll let you know if you're close or not!
Posted by: CanadianFlower

Re: [SPOILER] Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/25/05 09:06 PM

Hi,

I think I am going to need help for the 12th puzzle as well. This is my second game, I got all the puzzles but number 12 in the last game... I started a new game when I realized I'd need a master builder. I am at the end stage of this game and waiting for the GC to make his appearance again but have not been able to figure out puzzle 12 even with all the hints posted. I have 3 master builders, and I have been watching Bobo (my favorite builder) for two days.... I have tried dropping him in places, tried dropping him and the other masters in places.... nothing. Any help at this point would be greatly appreciated... and will save me from pulling out any more of my hair!

Thanks,
Karen

Re: [SPOILER] Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/25/05 09:11 PM

I sent you a PM.
Posted by: CanadianFlower

Re: [SPOILER] Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/25/05 09:30 PM

Thank you for your quick reply Barbara... I'm working on it now *biting nails in anticipation*

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/25/05 11:58 PM

Hi Barbara, can you pm me at cec0605@hotmail.com and let me know how to solve the last puzzle. Thank you very much. Appreciate it very much. It has been 3 days since I solved the 11th puzzle and I would like to start a new game already. Thanks thanks
Posted by: cec0605

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/26/05 12:10 AM

Hi Barbara. I just registered in this forum and would really appreciate your help with the 12th puzzle. I have 65 Villagers and so much food. I have also completed all the tech levels. Thank you so so much!

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/26/05 12:50 AM

PM sent

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/26/05 03:01 AM

please pm me at s3a3m@hotmail.com for solving 11th & 12th puzzles since I've spent many days, much thanks.

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/26/05 03:08 AM

s3a3m, I'm happy to email you, but why don't you register on the forum as well, so we know it is you we are talking to

<addition> message sent

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/26/05 03:38 AM

Hi can someone sent me tips on solving the last 3 puzzle. Please. I have been stck for the longest time. Thank you so much.
anzt_sting@yahoo.com

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/26/05 03:57 AM

Anzt_sting, sending you a message as well, but why don't you register with the forum as well....that way, we will know it is you we are talking to
Posted by: jwu

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/26/05 07:33 AM

Can anyone PM me the solution of puzzle #12?

TIA.

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/26/05 07:40 AM

message sent
Posted by: Eleal

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/26/05 10:29 AM

Can anyone PM me the solution of puzzle #12?

Eleal

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/26/05 10:47 AM

Great game--I've been hooked since I got it.

I would also like a PM with HINTS about solving puzzles 11 and 12 (not step-by-step solutions), so that I still have to think a little. Thank you!

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/26/05 10:49 AM

Oops, the last "Anonymous" message (#7581) was mine--I'm a new user and I forgot to log in. Thanks.

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/26/05 10:50 AM

ummm, I think you forgot to logon again. Need a user name for PM.
Posted by: RickF

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/26/05 10:52 AM

Okay, finally got it right. Sorry for clogging up the boards with useless Anonymous posts. Would appreciate the hint PM. Thank you.
Posted by: tlasmile04

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/26/05 11:39 AM

Just started a new game. Last game had everything but 12th puzzle.

Can someone send a PM on 12th puzzle as I begin the adventure again.

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/26/05 11:47 AM

I'll send a hint to make sure that you are planning early for the 12th puzzle!

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/26/05 12:05 PM

> Wow, Flash! I'm sure you hold the record now!

I'm at 450 hours now.

Well, keep in mind that I am playing on a Sony NZ-90 and the "always on in cradle" option never seems to work properly with any of the LDW games, so after two minutes, Village Sim shuts off.

It's generally not worth the effort to turn the game back on every two minutes, so I leave it off and turn it back on when I think about it, which may be six or so hours later.

So, I only play the game in short spurts of maybe ten minutes every six hours. This may be different than the way everyone else plays and may contribute to puzzle #11 never getting solved.

It's a valid concern, since no matter what style a person plays, the puzzles should be solvable within a reasonable amount of time.

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/26/05 12:22 PM

I agree! I'm still in favor of putting in some kind of time limit on how long that little kid can play before he/she gets down to business!

Your problem with the 'on in the cradle' reminds me that I'm glad that I gave my Clie to my son!
Posted by: LordDragon

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/26/05 12:39 PM

Hi! First of all! Thanks to LDW for developing such a great game! loved fish tycoon and lillage sim is just the best!

Anyways, i've been reading this thread for the past hour coz im stuck on puzzle#12,im on 150+ hours now and most of my masters are dying off and i just don't know what to do! could someone pls pm me a solution? Thx

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/26/05 12:42 PM

Sure thing! I'll send you a hint now.
Posted by: LordDragon

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/26/05 01:01 PM

Thx for the hint! Seems that i have to start over again coz the villager that you mentioned that i need just
died last night...
Oh well, back to the drawing boards, i love the game anyways!
thx again!
Posted by: RickF

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/26/05 01:26 PM

I am still waiting for my hint on puzzle 12 . . . three hours now. Did someone forget about me?

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/26/05 02:09 PM

I'll send one - it looks like Warren didn't see your subsequent post!
Posted by: sarah

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/26/05 02:59 PM

could I have a clue to puzzle 12 too please? thanks a lot!

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/26/05 03:15 PM

Of course!

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/26/05 04:46 PM

You know, with all these people begging for hints for puzzle #12, perhaps it's time to consider a different approach to puzzle #12.

It should not be included in the puzzles screen at all, if it is, indeed, just an easter egg. Or, if it is to remain as a puzzle, the solution needs to be a little more obvious or maybe there should be major hints in the game.

As far as I can tell, not a single person has found and solved puzzle 12 without someone giving them a big hint or specifically telling them how to solve it.

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/26/05 04:59 PM

This thread HAS gotten a little long, hasn't it, Flash!?!?

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/26/05 06:46 PM

Quote:

I'll send one - it looks like Warren didn't see your subsequent post!

LOL. Being that he did not sign in until after I reminded him that he still had not signed in, no I did not. I'll try and do better.
Posted by: roqufort

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/26/05 11:08 PM

could i please get a hint on puzzle 12?
have my Master builder, all techs maxed, 1 - 9 solved already
thanks in advance

Roqufort

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/26/05 11:16 PM

I'll send one to you now!
Posted by: Rowan

Could I get the instructions too, please? - 04/26/05 11:35 PM

I registered just so I could get this. It's driving me crazy. Thank you so much.

Rowan

Re: Could I get the instructions too, please? - 04/26/05 11:38 PM

Sent!
Posted by: Polly

Re: Could I get the instructions too, please? - 04/27/05 01:05 AM

Hi Everyone,

Me scanning this forum for clues to Puzzle #12 from work in Singapore!

Can someone send me a hint please? I managed to solve everything rather fast and the GC was really nice - he opened up the cave after like 2 tries...but I'm now stuck on #12.

Thanks a heap!

Re: Could I get the instructions too, please? - 04/27/05 01:10 AM

PM sent
Posted by: Laurie

Re: Could I get the instructions too, please? - 04/27/05 02:42 AM

You can add me to the list of people who needs a hint for puzzle 12. Can someone send it to me please? Thanks!

Re: Could I get the instructions too, please? - 04/27/05 03:08 AM

PM sent to Laurie
Posted by: Scarlet834

Re: Could I get the instructions too, please? - 04/27/05 04:52 AM

Have a heart and please forward puzzle 12 instructions. I've paused the game until I hear, as I have only one master builder and he's getting up there in age. Thanks. (Great game!) Scarlet834

Re: Could I get the instructions too, please? - 04/27/05 06:09 AM

Scarlet, PM on the way
Posted by: Jaqif

Re: Could I get the instructions too, please? - 04/27/05 07:28 AM

Hello,

All 11 firts levels done.
Can't figure out how to make 12th level.

Could you help me please.

Thanks from France.

Re: Could I get the instructions too, please? - 04/27/05 07:47 AM

Jaqif, PM on it's way to you

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/27/05 12:09 PM

Quote:

This thread HAS gotten a little long, hasn't it, Flash!?!?

Ok, I'll answer for Flast. Yes. Maybe there should be a sticky on this so you all don't have to PM all the time and to save this looon thread.

I liked a suggestion made by another, maybe there should be some better hints in the game, like, "I would like to work here, but I need to be a master *&((*&. Or during the introduction of the game when it starts statine something like, to get the last puzzle you will need to have a master.

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/27/05 01:38 PM

Well, what we really need is a thread called "This is how to solve Puzzle 12. Don't read until you want to be told how to do it."

Then, message 1 has a few hint, message 2 has some specific hints, and then message 3 tells you step-by-step how to do it.

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/27/05 01:52 PM

Maybe not something so blatent, but a hint would have been a little simpler. Perhaps some sort of an unusual indicator where the 12th puzzle is that makes it obvious that you would need a builder-like for the creek, you knew that you would need a builder to clear the rocks (well, they became a builder). I don't want to say my suggestion outright because it would probably give it away, but hopefully this is enough.

>As far as I can tell, not a single person has found and solved puzzle 12 without someone giving them a big hint or specifically telling them how to solve it.

Well, although the "master builder" hint was a big one in my book as it would have taken me a lot longer to find the 12th puzzle, that was about for me. Barbara did send me a few PM's of encouragement, but she wouldn't let me give up on finding it on my own (as much as possible). I mean, I could post all of her PMs here and they wouldn't give anything more away (Thanks again for that Barbara). The rest was just coming up with a bunch of ideas through logic and trying them out (I also found a few things that could be better used). Although, now that I've found it, my builders can't seem to finish the task. Even after the 10 years or so left for them (where I saved it), they can't seem to finish the job. Oh well, just gotta keep at it.
-spaceman

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/27/05 05:37 PM

Quote:

Although, now that I've found it, my builders can't seem to finish the task. Even after the 10 years or so left for them (where I saved it), they can't seem to finish the job. Oh well, just gotta keep at it.
-spaceman

Keep at it, they will get it done. It took five builder about 2-3 hours to get the job done, but they will.

I can now say, I've completed all 12 puzzels. Yahoooooo! Now what to do???

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/27/05 07:30 PM

Start a new game and have a race with yourself to see how fast you can get to the max number of villagers and solve all the puzzles!!

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/28/05 01:20 AM

Barbara,
Can you please sent me the hint for #12, thanks in advance

Larry
lt5.11@netzero.com

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/28/05 06:46 AM

I'm starving for a hint for puzzle 12. If anyone can help please send me an email (szternak at gmail dot com) Thanks!

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/28/05 09:14 AM

I'll send You some pointers.... good luck.
Posted by: Narnian

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/28/05 01:54 PM

HELP...I need a PM hint for #12 too. My last master builder is getting old, so I had to pause the game. WHERE do I drop her? She has some experience in the other levels, but not sure if enough...THX

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/28/05 03:13 PM

I'll PM you right now...
Posted by: sas

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/28/05 03:54 PM

Would someone be so kind as to PM me info on #12... My Master Builders will soon be dead. I appreciate your help...

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/28/05 04:05 PM

just did...
good luck

Re: Could I get the instructions too, please? - 04/28/05 04:55 PM

Hi, This is my 4th time starting VS. I've maxed out the population and waited, but no GC. So I still have puzzles 10-12 unsolved. Could please tell me how to solve puzzles 10 - 12? Thanks. My email is SBBTan@hotmail.com

Re: Could I get the instructions too, please? - 04/28/05 05:13 PM

Sent an email....
Posted by: peitron

Re: Could I get the instructions too, please? - 04/28/05 05:35 PM

HELP! I can't stand it any more. My Master Builder is getting old and I can't find the drop place to begin the hunt for #12. Please, help, anyone, soooob.

Re: Could I get the instructions too, please? - 04/28/05 05:37 PM

sending a PM....

Re: Could I get the instructions too, please? - 04/28/05 05:45 PM

Thanks tigger4will!

Re: Could I get the instructions too, please? - 04/28/05 05:47 PM

any time!

Re: Could I get the instructions too, please? - 04/28/05 05:48 PM

Des my MB have to master more than one additional skill?

Re: Could I get the instructions too, please? - 04/28/05 05:49 PM

as far as I know, you're fine the way you are.

Re: Could I get the instructions too, please? - 04/28/05 05:54 PM

He's begun!

Re: Could I get the instructions too, please? - 04/28/05 06:07 PM

about time right?! congrats!

Re: Could I get the instructions too, please? - 04/28/05 08:24 PM

How about anyone that wants a hint just send tigger4will or ladycfii a PM asking for it instead of adding page after page of
"Could someone please help with #12?"
"PM sent..."
"Thanks!".
I mean, I'm not against helping others, but I bet that around 2/3 of the currently 18 (Edit: oops, now 19) pages in this thread are the above. It's kind of crowding out the useful information for anyone that wants to try it on their own.
Any thoughts?
-spaceman

Re: Could I get the instructions too, please? - 04/28/05 08:27 PM

Great idea! Works for me! If you need a hint when most U.S. people are in bed, you can always ask treefern - she will gladly help you out!

Re: Could I get the instructions too, please? - 04/28/05 08:28 PM

not a problem, happy to help!

Re: Could I get the instructions too, please? - 04/28/05 08:58 PM

Way to much hype. I must admit I expected something much more dramatic with #12. Is there a finale or does it go on for ever?

Re: Could I get the instructions too, please? - 04/28/05 09:01 PM

Yeah, it was kind of a bummer. Yipie! Now what?

Re: Could I get the instructions too, please? - 04/28/05 09:02 PM

keep trying to beat your time!!
Posted by: heathermari

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/28/05 09:56 PM

Please PM me a hint on how to get a GC and #12. I think I'm on the right path, but still need a little more info. Thanks

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/28/05 10:15 PM

PM sent to heathermari
Posted by: justlookng

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/28/05 11:30 PM

I know you experts are tired of hearing this but can you pm me the answer to number 12? i have been trying without success. I have masters in all fields and have turned the entire screen but must be missing something...

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/28/05 11:44 PM

PM sent to justlooking
Posted by: chiculture

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/29/05 06:22 AM

i need PM of 12....
thank you a lot!

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/29/05 07:01 AM

PM sent to chiculture
Posted by: dazed

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/29/05 08:18 AM

another request for PM on 12
Many thanks

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/29/05 08:27 AM

PM sent to dazed
Posted by: wpchan

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/29/05 10:09 AM

Can anyone PM me the solution on puzzle 10, 11 and 12?

Re: Tips on the last two puzzles? - 04/29/05 10:55 AM

I'm sending wpchan a private message with hints on those puzzles.

I'm also locking this thread, to keep it from growing any more. Please see the thread "if you need a hint for the last three puzzles..." for instructions on how to get hints.