beware the black widows!

Posted by: eyeshigh

beware the black widows! - 11/20/06 04:56 PM

I checked on my game last night. I had a decent population size, a decent distribution of men and women...this afternoon, i have one less person, but NO males. The men all died in the night, including one who was in his mid 30s.

I assume they all got sick and died. Either that or they made the women very very angry. tsk tsk tsk poor guys
Posted by: Tzigone

Re: beware the black widows! - 11/20/06 11:50 PM

Oh, wow. Any babes-in-arms that might be boys or are you going to have to wait for an event?

Re: beware the black widows! - 11/21/06 01:16 AM

no babies

i'm hoping for an event that brings baby boys before my youngest female gets to old to nurse a baby to term...otherwise i'll be waiting for another event bringing me more females lol

Re: beware the black widows! - 12/01/06 06:04 PM

I thought I would update you on my Black Widow tribe.

We have been reduced from 15 to 3. Raha is 73, and is declining in health. Vava is 69. And little Iniko, the soul surviving male, is permanently 5 years old.

Many events have come and gone. Including one that changed the appearance of Iniko.

I am now hoping for the appearance of a crate, bringing children to the island before Raha and Vava perish. I have no hope of breeding either woman unless I get really really lucky and the Master Farmer lurking about the island appears.

Both women are now doctors, leaving them to keep each other healthy and enjoy the activities they want to do, instead of work. I want them to live as long as possible. I figure, we have a good store of food, and the GC keeps creating more, so why make them work at all?

Wish me luck.

Re: beware the black widows! - 12/01/06 06:06 PM

oh yeah, and I noticed something today I never noticed before. One set of triplets had been born in the village, and no twins. Ususally I have a lot of twins before I get triplets.
Posted by: ShortyLovesBlane

Re: beware the black widows! - 12/01/06 09:08 PM

how is Iniko doing?

Re: beware the black widows! - 12/01/06 10:26 PM

he is the gc...he will outlive me, lol
Posted by: Tzigone

Re: beware the black widows! - 12/02/06 02:55 AM

Good luck.
Posted by: Nemyar

Re: beware the black widows! - 12/02/06 05:24 AM

Quote:

he is the gc...he will outlive me, lol

Yeah,unless you smash your computer into tiny bits or simply delete the game

Re: beware the black widows! - 12/02/06 03:20 PM

i lost Raha and Vava...the GC is now all alone

This is the first developed village I have lost... it is a very sad moment for me
Posted by: irishmaura

Re: beware the black widows! - 12/02/06 04:15 PM

Commiserations eyes....I had the same thing happen awhile ago and it is upsetting. After 3/4 days of my GC being alone I decided to "delete" the village. I don't know if it was the "right" decision, but I couldn't bear my poor GC wandering around all alone, that just made it worse I think.

Are you going to keep your village alive and wait for some babies??

Again, sympathy,

Best of Irish,
Maura

Re: beware the black widows! - 12/02/06 07:17 PM

as i understand it no events will occur unless there is an adult on the island....

but I am going to let the game run, in thereinterest of research of course, someone asked (different thread) how high the berry count could go...with no one to harvest them, i'll find out eventually, lol

and the GC seems happy running about alone so far...danced on Vava's bones earlier...