Maybe you've been playing VV too long if....

Posted by: Batgrl2u

Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 11/08/06 01:19 AM

I didn't see anything like this yet so I thought I'd start one. I've caught myself doing a few things I'm sure you all can identify with that say I'm a little TOO addicted to this game. Please add any that you may have too!!!

Maybe you've been playing VV too long if....

Your gas bill went up due to all the times you had to fluff the clothes in the dryer cause you were a little too caught up in the game

You realize that you're constantly staying up so late that even vampires and crack heads have gone to bed

You realize that you eat more meals with your villagers than your signifigant other

Tuna actually starts to sound like an acceptable name for a girl

You start to believe that kissing may actually cause pregnancy.

You believe that women could ever live on an island that hasn't discovered chocolate.

You start having dreams of the Michael Jackson look alike GC doing the Thriller dance
Posted by: Anji

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 11/08/06 07:31 AM

OOOOO sides hurt !! And rolling on the floor has done absolutely nothing for my black outfit...... its now covered in blonde dog hairs LOL.
Get decorating fast Maura, there is a new inmate on the way !!!
Posted by: QuickStorm

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 11/08/06 11:11 AM

You don't spend your whole day working in the office ... you keep checking the VV forum, think of new strategy for your villagers, and yearn to be home to give direction to your villagers.
Posted by: Brenda

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 11/08/06 12:03 PM

>>You start to believe that kissing may actually cause pregnancy.<<

You mean that isn't true? But that's what my Mom always told me when I was a teenager.

I don't get to read threads very often, but I love these kinds of threads when I can read. We have such a humorous bunch here.
Posted by: DariaMcBee

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 11/08/06 01:41 PM

I know I've been playing VV too long when I start seeing Villagers in the cars around me when I'm sitting in traffic.
Posted by: QuickStorm

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 11/08/06 01:49 PM

That is bad!! Hope I don't get that far gone.

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 11/08/06 01:54 PM

Hee hee.

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 11/08/06 02:18 PM

You guys these are great!!! Keep em coming!!! I thought of a couple more too...
You hear little kids humming wherever you go

You believe that women with babies have any energy to go running

When your Honey comes home and dinner isn't ready you try the excuse that monkeys came and messed everything up on the table, you tell him the bright side is they left some delicious bananas

You tell your kids if they don't listen to you, you're gonna send them to the other side of the waterfall

You believe that one man can have babies with every woman on the island without a "Jerry Springer" type moment happening "No, that is MY baby daddy!!!"
Posted by: Village_Monk

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 11/08/06 02:50 PM

When you name your hamster after your favorite villager
When you dress your kid up as the Golden Child for halloween
When you find your kid peeing in the garden because he watched you playing so much, and don't punish him.
When your husband asks you why there is a basket of berries on the table and you say you went foraging at the market.

most of all
When you sit at the computer writing down reasons you might be a VV addict!

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 11/08/06 02:57 PM

Lol Monk, I was hoping you would get in on this!!! The berry one is GREAT!!! And my honey said something along the lines of that last one just this morning before he went to work!!! LOL

How about
You check the forums every five minutes to see if anyone has written something new
Posted by: oldlady

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 11/08/06 03:03 PM

How about when you look out in the backyard and see tree trunks and think "oh boy mushroom stems" ?
Posted by: Kasey323.ink

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 11/08/06 03:23 PM

When i go play with my friends, i think oh, boy, it's been a while since i played with them!
Posted by: eyeshigh

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 11/08/06 03:57 PM

i actually have a basket of berries on my dinner table

*sigh*

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 11/08/06 04:07 PM

Lol Eyeshigh I actually have a basket of cherry tomatoes on mine!!! Never realized it till you said that! It's ok, we can support each other through this addiction

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 11/08/06 04:13 PM

mine are grapes and cranberries actually...its what mom calls "decor" and i call "de [censored]"

this morning i was talking to my students about job opportunities, and the first ones that popped to mind (no joking here) were farming, construction, architecture, nursing, and child care services. D'oh.

Luckily they had lots of ideas to shout at me.

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 11/08/06 04:17 PM

That's funny, mine are the last of the tomatoes at my BF's mom's house....So I actually did forage for them...LOL ...I'm hopeless

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 11/08/06 04:24 PM

lol

at least we know we are hopelessly addicted...we could be in denial, standing around shaking our heads saying "no" or "uh-uh" and hoping the big hand in the sky doesn't swoop down and drop us in the ocean

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 11/08/06 04:30 PM

K got some more....

You have this horrible guilty feeling when your eating in front of them cause you know you'd go insane on their diet

You wish you could teach them fire, just incase they're tired of sushi

You cry floods when you're master scientist dies

You get the shakes when you think how far away VV2 is

You get a little angry cause you just KNOW none of those kids are wearing sunscreen

You got a head start on those Christmas cards this year cause you know it's gonna take forever to sign all these names at the bottom

Upon hearing that LDW will not be offering a CG punching bag you set off to the craft store yourself

You get a little bit sweaty when you want to check on your villagers and someone else is using the computer

And an idea I got from Eyexpert...
When you realize that you have to do a load of laundry you just stand there and shake you're head saying "No" or "Hu-uh" (the laundry could also be substituted with "when your signifigant other comes over and gives you a big kiss"

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 11/08/06 04:47 PM

You know you have been playing too long when you look at the pile of laundry next to the hamper and then start cursing because the villagers still haven't gotten around to YOUR clothes

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 11/08/06 04:54 PM

lol
Posted by: FishyFrances

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 11/08/06 05:34 PM

You might have been playing VV too long if...

You actually believe a 64 year old woman would cheerfully become pregnant!

You believe a 20 year old male would chase after a 70 year old woman!

You begin to think bald kids are kinda cute.

You don't ask a new mother what gender her baby is because you KNOW no one knows until it's two anyway.

You honestly begin to believe that real men do laundry.

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 11/08/06 05:59 PM

Quote:

Now that is delusional!

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 11/08/06 06:26 PM

I'm sorry, but on behalf of my Honey....I did it girls!!!! I found the one man that seems to enjoy doing laundry and doesn't lose one sock in the process. That earned him the luck of finding a woman that would move 3000 miles for him. So there is a real man (he a mechanic) that can and will do it....Im sorry to say he is already taken though !!! lol
Posted by: Tabbeh

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 11/08/06 06:54 PM

You tell your grandmother to "wait right there" when she complains of her arthritis, then dash off muttering, "Now where's that magic fruit??"

You stand on top of her when that fails, to cure her

You randomly complain/give praise/teach to the air/fish/cactus

You drive straight to the center of your town when you are bored.

You stare blankly when an adult needs to "use the facilities".

You are reading this list.

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 11/08/06 08:39 PM

you trample straight across someone's crops because its the shortest route

run up to people and throw their laundry baskets to the ground and yell at them until they go weed the nearest garden

wander off to push on large rocks repeatedly, instead of doing the job you are paid to do

see a mushroom in the yard and run to get the nearest child to pick it for you instead of picking it yourself

stop burying your dead relatives/friends because you no longer have room in your backyard...

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 11/08/06 09:01 PM

Lol these are so great!!!

You start telling jokes to skeletons that haven't been buried yet
Posted by: MDBookie

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 11/08/06 09:02 PM

You find yourself adding the 'weakened' ones to your prayers!
Posted by: MochaJew

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 11/08/06 10:34 PM

My husband does

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 11/08/06 10:37 PM

Actually, while serving in Iraq, my husband worked with a translater named Tuna

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 11/08/06 10:47 PM

It still doesn't make it acceptable...Imagine sending your little girl "Tuna" to school in America in this day and age...you'd probably get CPS called on you...or she'd go through heck starting at about middle school...kids and teens can be real cruel
Posted by: someone

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 11/08/06 10:59 PM

something sorta messed up happened since i play vv like 24/7....i had a dream about vv2 coming out and i was a beta tester but when i was testing they left out a part that i really wanted so i started crying......

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 11/09/06 12:40 AM

that's not a dream...that's a full fledged nightmare!!!!

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 11/09/06 01:45 AM

i had this wacky dream one night that one of the new teachers at my school was running around trying to "go indoors" with all the older ladies at the school....woke up kinda freaked out...then justa couple of days later hewas hurrying down the hall yelling for one of the admin ladies to wait for him, and she did, then they turned around and went into her office

i was highly disturbed

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 11/09/06 09:51 PM

If you start boo hooing cause one of your babies died at only 6 y.o. OMG, how did it happen, I was only gone for a short time? Boo hoooooooo.
Posted by: maddan

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 11/10/06 12:49 PM

if you think praying at a giant stone shaped like a person everyday will for sure make you live longer
Posted by: hancrum

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 11/10/06 08:20 PM

The very first thing you do in the morning is check that your village is ok after leaving them overnight... the very first thing you do when you get home is checking there ok.. you spend all your time away from them wondering about them.. and you check forums constantly for progress on vv2 as you cant quite settle untill you know where this crazy island is gonna take them next!

Or in my very strange case, you rename the entire island after family and friends and play strange little puppet games, then tell your nearest and dearest all about it... ie oh col you lou ,danny and claire all went of to the love shack together!... oh lou yo were chasing danny round the isle trying to get him to knock you up!, becs i came on and you were pregnant!! whose is it? .. lmao.

so so so so sad!
Posted by: Bare

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 11/11/06 01:46 AM

When you try to scroll through webpages with the hand instead of the scroll bar.

When you tell your significant other you'll be right to bed after this harvest comes in... and don't understand when they come back later to complain... until you realize it's light outside.

Waking up in the middle of the night to check on your villagers. (Even worse if you set the alarm clock for it, which I haven't done... but have thought about.)

Actually trying to explain to friends and family that you can't go out because you have a weakened villager... and while yes, there is a pause button... you can't really use it.

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 11/11/06 02:38 AM

OMG Bare...those were great!!! And thoughts I've had too!!!When I was reading those I had that feeling like I was being watched...Lol
Posted by: Bare

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 11/11/06 04:17 AM

LOL Batgrl! *stealthily turning off the BatgrlCam* I've actually had this conversation:

Me: If I go to sleep now, I'll get up and they'll "ALL BE DEAD!"
BF: Isn't there a pause button?
Me: Well... yea... but how would you like it if God paused us every time he wanted to sleep?
BF: How do you know he doesn't?
Me: oooooooh! Spooky!

I still can't pause a game tho.
Posted by: egallag

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 12/31/06 03:48 AM

made me laugh so hard I had to try to explain to my husband why...he could NEVER understand...too funny
Posted by: Warrior_Lady

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 12/31/06 08:03 AM

I have actually kept family trees & charts of genetics & photos
of all my people, at birth or coming to the island, when they are
adults and when they have children. Made up family photos of
parents and child at 2 yrs old and finally tombstone info of each
person who died.
Posted by: Warrior_Lady

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 12/31/06 08:04 AM

Boy was I bummed to find out that the cemetary can only hold 50
and the log doesn't keep records of who is born to whom and when
a person dies, when you're not watching. So I pause when not on
the game.

It really killed me when I finally finished the game after 4
months and forgot to take a screen shot or download my stats!!!

Yes, I am obsessed and proud of it. Still working on Fish Tycoon
too since the summer. Plan to get all 144 fish. Take screen shots
of each type and keep a document.
Posted by: Makalapa

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 12/31/06 09:44 PM

You know you've been playing VV too long if....

You start having this dream:
REVENGE OF THE VILLAGERS:
"See how YOU like being treated this way, oh Goddess!"

-- Kathryn C.
(Running away!!)

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 12/31/06 09:50 PM

ps - in this version of the game, the dog poop that appears on the bathroom floor in frame #2 and then is magically gone is the equivalent of the mushrooms in the real game. Pick it up and you get 15-45 points. I missed it, but my partner got it....

--K
Posted by: bajantara

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 12/31/06 10:27 PM

haha.. lovely post and pics

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 12/31/06 11:50 PM

oh, and then there's...

You know it's starting to be a problem when you find yourself turning and giving a little kick every time you complete a task.

When I start having meaningful conversations with cacti, I'll know it means that either (1) I've gone completely bonkers and am ready for that padded cell or (2) I'm an honors grad of the Isola Medical Academy.

-- Kathryn
(your villager feels better after eating)
Posted by: Izzy2k2

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 01/01/07 06:23 AM

You know you've been playing VV too long if...

You are afraid to drink fizzy liquids in fear of losing skill

You see mushrooms pop up then disappear everywhere

You persuade the whole family to be addicted to VV

When you read novels you imagine the characters look like villagers

You grow carrots,turnips, and daikon in your garden.
Posted by: Izzy2k2

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 01/10/07 10:58 PM

Just today, I had run out of lunch money, so when i came home, i screamed "DAD! I'm out of food!" \:\? Seems like I need to start finding mushrooms at my school \:\)

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 01/11/07 02:35 AM

OMG!!! Everyone is posting such halarious stuff here!!! Makalapa, I love your pics...I can only imagine the time and thought that went into all those!!! I recently got my 74 year old Grandma addicted to this game, now she's mad at me cause she says she doesn't have time for poker anymore...lol. She's nuts. I also have another way that I can tell I'm hooked....I've been checking the preview page at least 25 times a day to see if the bar has gone to 100%
Posted by: heatherhead42

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 01/11/07 04:08 AM

OMG, thanks for the great laugh. I haven't laughed that hard in ages. I especially love the graphic, but the lists brought tears of laughter to my eyes, quite literally. I am totally guilty of many of the things on the list, but more than that I'm in awe at the comedic talent of many on this forum.

Thanks again for the great laugh. \:\)

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 01/11/07 01:43 PM

All right. Here's one. You know you've been playing VV too long when:

You wake up in the morning with red and puffy eyes from staring at your computer screen late into the night. You wonder if it's a sign that you are among the "weakened."
Posted by: bajantara

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 01/11/07 01:56 PM

A chance to make friends and family take you to your favourite "food bin".. lol
Posted by: Cinimod

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 01/11/07 03:25 PM

When all you want to do is party (aka Golden Child)
My mom made it up.
Posted by: Cinimod

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 01/11/07 03:27 PM

Whenever you see a statue you bow down and say "IM NOT WORTHY!"

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 01/11/07 05:15 PM

You start thinking of real life "Laundry" as a waste of time.

You're hungry, there's nothing in the pantry, and it occurs to you that you need to "Water the crops."

You're doing the daily crossword puzzle and can't seem to figure out that last section. You shake your head and say "uh uh. No." Then you do nothing for a while.

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 01/11/07 05:26 PM

It occurs to you that teenage pregnancy rates might plummet if women really did emerge from the "hut" already with a baby in their arms.

But then it occurs to you that teenage pregnancy rates might explode if women really did get to take the next two years off and just hang out by the fridge and chat with other mommas while everyone else does the cooking, grocery shopping, and laundry.

Then it occurs to you that you just might get pregnant yourself if that were all true.

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 01/11/07 08:34 PM

You hear someone cough in the next room and you drop everything to go heal him.

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 01/11/07 08:36 PM

You get the giggles when someone asks you if you're going inside!!!ROFLMBO!!!!
You feel that life would only be fair if at 75 you could really look exactly the way you did at 18
Posted by: katlynbird714

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 01/11/07 09:10 PM

you've been playing VV too long if:
you walk to a pond and say "I think i just saw a strange fish! o wait, im not a master famer..."
Posted by: Magick

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 01/13/07 06:55 AM

If you seriously consider going into the cave yourself to find out more info!!! If you wanna get the job done sometimes you've just gotta do it yourself!!!!
Posted by: preacherswife

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 01/13/07 11:16 PM

Everytime you go into the tool shed with your husband you think about breeding.
Posted by: arienfire001

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 01/31/07 07:33 AM

this reminds me of tetris. you start seeing things everywhere, end up dreaming of how to put the blocks, space out and think about how to put the blocks so you can win, thats the same effect that vv has on us.
Posted by: Anji

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 01/31/07 07:22 PM

That shed comes down tomorrow LOL !!
Posted by: Nothamoma2

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 01/31/07 09:44 PM

*Holding sides* Wow, been a long time since I've laughed like that. Thank you all!

Ya know you've been playing VV too long when you:

Try to grab your child by the shirt collar and carry him to his pile of toys on the floor.
Posted by: Willy900

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 01/31/07 10:23 PM

LOL, we are all slaves of VV
Posted by: bubblysnuggly

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 02/01/07 09:30 PM

True dat willy
Posted by: tomteboda

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 02/02/07 06:42 AM

You've inspired me. Family photographs! Amazing concept. Do you collage them? I wonder if I could do that and then decoupage a table or something.
Posted by: blue_koka

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 02/02/07 06:01 PM

Or when your friends and loved ones ask you to help think of a name for thier new baby; and for a boy you say babu,okwui,idowu,kauri,tano,or for a girl kinga,waka,soda,city,pakeua,etini.And when they look at you as if you were not from this planet. You say What! you don't like the names?
Posted by: bubblysnuggly

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 02/02/07 08:34 PM

When you think that whenever you see an old person you must teach to them, tell them a joke, chat, praise, or argue with them
Posted by: tameno8

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 02/02/07 09:24 PM

you know you've been playing too long/husband has been watching you play too long when....

your husband comes home from work(he's a truck driver) and tells you one of the citys he visited reminded him of VV. he sees people who remind him of the diffrent villagers.

you label your villagers into 2 groups b=builder and p/h= farming and healing only so you can breed only the farmers/healers.

you put all the p/h on the berrie bush to keep them pure when the beach is covered in debrie.then put all the B on clearing the beach.

when you go to breed and get overly angery when a p/h has been doing building. then you yell at them for doing it.

you talk to your VV and you husband asks "what did you say?" and you tell him "nothing, i was just talking to my villagers."

you play the sims 2 and name them after your villagers, and give them jobs like in VV.
Posted by: goddessguthrie

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 02/13/07 06:18 PM

You know you have been playing VV too long when you wish your own pregnacy was only 120 mintues long and never had to worry about the kid again
Posted by: egallag

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 02/13/07 06:54 PM

Originally Posted By: goddessguthrie
You know you have been playing VV too long when you wish your own pregnacy was only 120 mintues long and never had to worry about the kid again

LMAO!!!
Posted by: arnie

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 02/14/07 04:23 PM

120 minutes is two years our time! ;\)

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 02/14/07 04:32 PM

since we're on the 'breeding' topic, here's one:
you know you've been playing VV too long if when you have a baby and your husband asks you to do somthing you say
"no, i can't. i have to take care of our baby for another two years" LOL!
Posted by: Island_neni

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 02/14/07 05:24 PM

That's a good one katlyn!

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 02/14/07 05:30 PM

Hehe thanx lol
Posted by: goddessguthrie

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 02/14/07 06:54 PM

Originally Posted By: goddessguthrie
yeah but in VV time that only 2 hours our time and that would be great for me if i ever get to breed. \:D
Posted by: PTforWindows

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 02/14/07 09:56 PM

You know you've played VV too long when...
...Your idea of being a scientist is going to a dinner table andwagging your arms around every 3 seconds
...You stay on 30 minutes to see when a "0 more breeding minutes"
villager finally gives up that baby.
...You go like "coo"every time you nurse a baby
...You color or something a mushroom or something and suddenly your eyes see it as them with white squares
...Same with tombstones
...You can explain VV so well that the people you tell it about to can get GC in under a week
...You search for buried treasure near fruit stands
...You do laundry every 5 minutes
That's all folks
Posted by: Kyriana

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 04/26/08 06:27 PM

While I am at work, I find myself wanting to take The Almighty Hand and move the idiots around so they won't annoy me any more.

Sometimes I wanna use The Hand to make my kids clean their rooms.

I also find myself wondering when a VV is going to come and do MY laundry.
Posted by: VVMeggie

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 04/26/08 07:09 PM

Sometimes I say to my mom I want a.....(Name of plant from Plant Tycoon)and she says I play computer games too much and I said I'm hopelessly addicted!
Posted by: Annthewhofan

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 04/26/08 09:15 PM

I played it so long as I'm addicted and when I here some at work calling "hey" I say he/she sounds like one of my villagers.
Posted by: Britney

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 04/27/08 12:41 AM

I play the Sims 2 and make Sims with vv outfits, and make them live with only a fridge.
I think- what has Tuna done? I wonder If Kayak is an EE.
Posted by: Vict0ria

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 04/27/08 12:49 AM

Originally Posted By: eyeshigh
mine are grapes and cranberries actually...its what mom calls "decor" and i call "de [censored]"

OMG LOL!!! THATS SO AWSOME!!!! De [censored], it's so true!
Posted by: Nicole!!!

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 04/27/08 01:59 AM

I've been playing VV WAY too long then. lol.
Posted by: *Erica*

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 04/27/08 02:22 AM

lolololololol, omgosh i luv this thread

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 04/27/08 02:22 AM

lol, these are all so funny!
Posted by: Sahira

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 04/27/08 02:26 AM

hahahahahahaha! \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D
Posted by: Becca123

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 04/27/08 02:49 AM

You know you are too addicted if your fridge becomes empty, so you run into the ocean with your clothes on and try to catch a fish with your hands.

If you whip up a special rainbow stew, and somebody asks what is in it, you say, two purple and one red.

If you see a pointed rock you just have to make some spears and weed the garden.

If somebody asks what you want to be when you are older and you say a breeder.

When somebody asks why you are digging up the garden, you reply: "I'm uncovering the ancient mosaic."

When you see somebody in golden clothes you run away as far as you can.

When you go for a swim with your baby, you think that your child will become magical.

When you tell off your son for helping do the laundry.

If you fear having a baby because you will have to start construction on a "new hut" in the backyard.

When you get up to go to the backyard, and someone asks why, you reply: "Nature is calling."

When your husband asks you to pick the mushrooms in the backyard, you say "You know I can't do that."

When you find a seashell on the beach and you already have one just like it, you hand it to your husband and say: "Lets just convert that one into tech points."

If you go to a haunted house in the town, you pick up all the skeletons and bury them outside.

well, thats mine...LOL

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 04/27/08 02:53 AM

lol, becca. nice ones!
Posted by: Bowl Wheeevil

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 04/27/08 04:03 AM

Lol Becca, that's funny \:D
Posted by: TG3

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 04/27/08 06:10 AM

i played VV so long....but i didn't have experiences like you guys are saying.... \:\)
Posted by: halidog

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 04/27/08 10:05 PM

You know that you've been playing too much when...

You actually call your own BROTHER by a villager's name (he looks so alike!)

At recess, you search for the plant of life

You go on the computer at 4 A.M.
Posted by: Isolove

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 05/03/08 08:53 PM

I keep seeing mushrooms on the walls!

(I have been playing it for about 6 hours straight today)
Posted by: Bom

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 05/03/08 10:20 PM

Your mom says "No" for you to have a party and you dress up in golden clothes and take a day off school to party and make an excuse like "But mom,I'm a golden child! Village elders don't stop me from partying,why are you?"

NOTE: The next joke includes a puzzle of the game so it MIGHT be a spoiler.
You start digging near the restaurant(Food Bin) and temple and telling everyone around to help you look for the treasure and admire it once you dig it out!
Posted by: bunnylover

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 05/03/08 10:51 PM

LOL! SO FUNNY! Im not a good comedian, but here goes:

-If u see mushrooms in your backyard, you frantically search for a magic hand so that you can drag a random child to pick it up.

-When you go to the grocery store, u marvel at how the red mushrooms are selling for the same price as the brown ones, even though they are worth more food.

-If u see a boulder lying around you immediatly drop
everything and stop what your doing to go push it.

-If u see a child w/ gold robes you wonder, 'Why doesnt he have rainbows and stuff over his head?'.

-You tell your family that all the adults in it arent allowed to pee ever and the children must pee outside and not on the toilet. Also no pooping allowed.

-If u have a baby, you spend 120 minutes caring for it then just let it go off on its own and wander around.

-If your berry bush runs out of berries, you run to the nearest table and frantically move your arms around.

-If u find a strange looking plant in your garden, you stand next to it waving your arms, thinking that by doing that u can become a terrifec healer.

-You avoid going into a house with any1 of the opposite gender.

-You imagine that u are about an inch tall and so is everyone else.

-You pray that your 'goddess' will send a blessing to your 'tribe' (family).

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 05/04/08 09:44 PM

more i made up:

-If your fav. pass-time is playing VV or, if u cant, mumbling, "I wish I had my computer with me so I could play w/ my VV's...".

-If the first thing u do when u come home is run to the computer to tell your VV's about your day.

-If any of the above is happening 2 you.
Posted by: Mushroom Picker

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 05/05/08 12:04 AM

hear, Ive got one:
You applied for a job at a hospital and when youre resume was turned down you went outside and waved youre arms at a random plant for an hour, then applied again, thinking they couldnt turn down anybody with youre skill level.

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 05/05/08 04:01 AM

You know you've been playing too long when you should be on total bedrest from a car accident, but you keep getting up to make sure your tribe is doing ok.

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 05/05/08 04:15 AM

That one happened, unfortanatly. \:\(

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 05/05/08 04:23 AM

Originally Posted By: Britney Brit
That one happened, unfortanatly. \:\(

I know: I peep in on my villagers when I get up to to take my medication....

Posted by: angelswings8

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 05/05/08 04:49 AM

you know you've been playing to long when you wake up shouting get the mushroom you stuid kid your family is starving only to realize you were sleeping and not at your computer
Posted by: HappyPlayer

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 05/05/08 09:54 AM

You know you've been playing too long when you dream that your master scientist is working on your taxes, and he tells you don't have enough tech points to pay what you owe!

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 05/05/08 08:48 PM

lol hp lol lol lol so funny

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 05/06/08 12:44 AM

Ouch, HP.
Posted by: Llulabell

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 05/06/08 01:15 AM

LOL HP, I love it! I wonder if I can pay my taxes with tech points? I am good to go then! LOL \:D

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 05/06/08 01:10 PM

Originally Posted By: MochaJew
You know you've been playing too long when you should be on total bedrest from a car accident, but you keep getting up to make sure your tribe is doing ok.

You know your playing too much when your husband threatens to put you in a 12 step prpgram for computer game addiction.

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 05/06/08 08:56 PM

You know...
When you call your BEST FRIEND by some villager named Bobo TWICE!

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 05/08/08 01:20 AM

Yah! So funny!

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 05/08/08 01:35 AM

Originally Posted By: halidog
You know...
When you call your BEST FRIEND by some villager named Bobo TWICE!

Worse...when your husband kisses you, you expect a baby to suddenly appeat in your arms.
Posted by: Antheia

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 05/08/08 02:08 AM

I have bananas...
where are my coconuts?
Posted by: knksmiles

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 05/08/08 02:55 AM

If your first thought when hearing your baby nephew is named "Kai" is 'Funny, he doesn't look like a villager'
Posted by: jennifermadi

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 05/08/08 08:55 AM

I know I've played too long when I try to get out of my computer chair but my butt won't cooperate because it's fallen asleep!

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 05/18/08 01:37 PM

When you hear that someone is 14, your first thought is 'Id better get the magic hand and show them how to work...'
Posted by: aoltweety

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 05/18/08 02:34 PM

When you are out with friends and you say you better head home now because you need to check in on your VV's and they all know what you are talking about!!
This really happen to me last night all my friends just rolled their eyes and said good night.
Posted by: Beckett Bopper

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 05/18/08 02:55 PM

All true stories here!:

When you have dreams about your village taking over the world!

When you accidentaley call your friend Kali, because you were thinking of your favorite villager, okay? Your friend has no right to be mad!

When you tell your five year old nephew to "Grow up so you can work! Geeze!" And then you absently wonder if you can magically make him grow up by moving the computer clock foward.

When you see a bird eating your strawberries and go, "Well, at least it isn't a flock of parrots..."
Posted by: Bom

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 05/18/08 06:42 PM

You have to clean the toilet and you go towards the toilet and turn around shaking your head.
Posted by: Wisegirl

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 05/18/08 06:44 PM

when you have too many vv dreams. (trust me its happen to me \:D )
Posted by: Isolove

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 05/18/08 06:54 PM

You know you've been playing VV too long when

1)Instead of doing work you play the VV soundtrack in music class.
2)When I see any shells I frantically grab the nearest child and drop them on top of it.

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 05/18/08 11:10 PM

When you start sceduling your life around your villagers.
Posted by: KimZ

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 05/19/08 12:17 AM

My hand is cramping up into a claw.
Posted by: mamabutterfly

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 05/19/08 01:25 AM

this is so funny \:\)

And an idea I got from Eyexpert...
When you realize that you have to do a load of laundry you just stand there and shake you're head saying "No" or "Hu-uh" (the laundry could also be substituted with "when your signifigant other comes over and gives you a big kiss" [/quote]
Posted by: mamabutterfly

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 05/19/08 01:46 AM

OOPS!! the above was a qoute from someone earlier in the thread...still trying to figure out how to do qoutes on here
Posted by: Kristalia

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 05/19/08 03:16 AM

My best friend is called Meghan Tunis and her nicknames were Tuna and Fishy now we are 22 and 23 and I still call her fish but most of the time Sakana which is Japanese for fish lol
Posted by: Kristalia

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 05/19/08 03:56 AM

When you get VV3 play for a day and come back to the forum to see if they have started work on VV4 yet.
Posted by: dogylover21

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 05/19/08 03:59 AM

i got a good one.When u see a baby that is 1 you think to yourself "why isent that girl holding her baby"?Or when u see a sea shell u pick up a kid and put them on the seashell \:D
Posted by: bethlham

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 05/19/08 04:20 AM

Originally Posted By: mamabutterfly
OOPS!! the above was a qoute from someone earlier in the thread...still trying to figure out how to do qoutes on here

Just hit the quote button on the bottom of the post you're trying to quote, then type before or after the [ ] brackets. If you only want to quote part then delete within the bracket.

Some of these are hysterical. LOL
Posted by: laurence

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 05/19/08 12:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Kristalia
When you get VV3 play for a day and come back to the forum to see if they have started work on VV4 yet.
LOL and you look at the Preview for the VV4 Progress Bar!! \:D
Posted by: Lovelychunks

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 05/25/08 05:23 PM

Maybe you have been playing to long if.... When you look outside and see that it's raining then check up on your villager to make sure they are working (happend to me this week , was suprised when isola was nice and sunny ) DOH!
Posted by: afiremanswife

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 05/25/08 05:31 PM

hmmm, these are all to funny. I found that addiction also leads to when you cant go to sleep or even find yourself in a bad day situation you turn on the sound to VV and listen to the music to get relaxed.

Or you get up in morning and run to computer and forget to get kids up for school....lol that is my biggest problem.

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 05/25/08 05:32 PM

Originally Posted By: afiremanswife
hmmm, these are all to funny. I found that addiction also leads to when you cant go to sleep or even find yourself in a bad day situation you turn on the sound to VV and listen to the music to get relaxed.

Or you get up in morning and run to computer and forget to get kids up for school....lol that is my biggest problem.

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 05/25/08 05:33 PM

lol that is not bad. I keep thinking the same thing. Now I got the problem I hope there is no INTERVENTION>
Posted by: Annthewhofan

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 05/26/08 01:01 AM

I know when I been playing too much I am dreaming that I was on the beach then become sick and ended up walking to the hospital and getting stuck behind it.

Then I see the little villagers figures when I closed my eyes walking in front and little heads turning. Then when I go to work I tend to watch others who say no or turning there heads at me, I think villager.
Posted by: bethlham

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 05/26/08 05:02 PM

True story...my husband woke me from talking in my sleep because I was saying 'back in the water, and don't you come out without a fish'! \:D I was dreaming about training villagers!

Maybe I should've kept that one to myself! haha

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 05/26/08 11:24 PM

Here's one:
When you told your kids that you set the preference for what job they are going to do when they turn 14.

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 05/31/08 03:55 AM

Here's another one:
when your mom grounds you and doesn't let you play VV, but you still do....in the middle of the night.
Posted by: redrockwolf

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 06/05/08 03:53 AM

You know you've been playing VV too long, if....

you're afraid to go to sleep or pause your game, because you just learned the collectibles still come on-screen and disappear, even on pause!!!

You keep clicking on the villager that was born the year they came, because she's close to death. You HAVE to make a baby the same year she dies, so you can more easily keep track of how many years the village has been there.

You tell your daughter she needs to do her homework, "to get more Tech Points". (Got a strange look for THAT one!)

You daughter tells you, "It's okay, Mommy, we don't have to go grocery shopping. I can go forage for mushrooms, while you find a berry bush."

You're so involved in you game, because that villager just NEEDS to become a Master Before 18, that your child gets herself up and ready for school, before you even go to bed.

You pick up a child and expect it to hum or say, "WHEEE!!!"

You see someone sitting taking a break and find yourself telling them, "Get back to work. I didn't tell you to sit."
Posted by: redrockwolf

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 06/05/08 03:55 AM

Originally Posted By: laurence
Originally Posted By: Kristalia
LOL and you look at the Preview for the VV4 Progress Bar!! \:D

I've already started doing that!!! LOL

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 06/12/08 02:54 AM

when you been on for three nights straight playing VV3 and nobody has told you to get off because their afraid of you biting.
Posted by: knksmiles

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 06/16/08 06:41 PM

I was making my real children clean their rooms before getting to do anything fun. There was a lot of frustration on both sides, theirs because they didn't want to work and mine because I hate a messy house. About 10 minutes before lunch was ready my daughter came out of her room to say she was hungry. I told her to go back to her chore and I would call her when lunch was ready. As she stomped back down the hall, she shouted to her father "Dad! Mom is treating us like villagers!"

Guess she had seen me talk to my villagers once to often...

"You can exercise AFTER there is food for everyone."

"You can eat AFTER you heal the rest of the village."
Posted by: laurence

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 06/17/08 04:05 PM

Originally Posted By: knksmiles
... "Dad! Mom is treating us like villagers!"
\:o what an accusation!!! \:D \:D \:D

I think I'll keep it for using it myself:
"Don't treat me like your villagers!!"
The ultimate answer! \:D \:D \:D
Posted by: Scully

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 06/22/08 03:22 PM

How about, you have the same game installed on each of your computers (home, laptop, work) and you spend every spare moment not only playing the games, and personalizing the villagers with names of your favorite TV series characters, but you also compete between the computers to see who can come up with solutions the quickest! ROFL Do we need help, or WHAT???
Posted by: txmom2

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 06/07/09 09:20 PM

You've been playing VV too long if...

When you see a coconut you say, "Who harvested the coconuts again?"

You make up stories about the real world ending and going to Isola with your crush(I do that all the time!)

You name villagers after people you know and tell them about what happens. "Amanda you became chief and Corrie your baby is Itzel and the dad is Anthony" sorry got carried away

You are reading this thread. laugh

ps dd here wink
Posted by: GamerGirl76

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 08/31/09 09:02 PM

You know you've been playing VV too long when your child cries because Koko died. He was her favortite.
Posted by: Joine The Great

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 08/31/09 10:25 PM

You KNOW for absolute certain you've been playing VV for too long when you eat steak with mushrooms and ask where the kids found them.
Posted by: Airstream Raider

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 09/03/09 02:39 AM

id like to add one... i didnt see it posted but...

you've been playing VV to much when you click and drag expecting the screen to move laugh (guilty as charged)
Posted by: Elf-girl

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 09/04/09 07:23 PM

When you describe people as looking like a certain villager.
Me: Oh, she looks like the villager with poofy hair...
Posted by: chocolatechip

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 11/05/09 11:03 PM

If you fake sick to stayat home and play VV all day.

when you take pictures of your villagers, print them, and hang them( in frames) around your house.

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 11/06/09 02:46 PM

when your friend asks you where the bathroom is and you say "outside. it's shaped like a hole."
Posted by: sweetg

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 11/06/09 04:40 PM

. . you start holding grudges against the Villagers who goof off too much.
Posted by: Joine The Great

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 11/07/09 02:02 AM

Got new ones...

You think pink, purple, blue, etc. are natural hair colors.

You see kids arguing and feel like picking one up and dragging it to the other room.

You broke your mouse last week looking for collectibles. O_O

You've began naming villagers after your faverite anime characters...

...And when they die, you think "They were immortal in the show!!"

You've given up all other forms of entertainment because Isola doesn't have Playstations/Wiis/DS/PSP/TV/iPod etc.

You modded a computer with a super small screencap of Virtual Villagers into the game...

...And when it looks like someone is using it, you throw them in the ocean.

Your convenced gardens are a form of restroom.
Posted by: red3080

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 11/11/09 09:53 PM

u know you have been playing when your out in the yard and u think u see a collectable when it a rock ect ect

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 11/12/09 02:29 AM

you know your addicted when your is the most used item in your house is the computer!( not including the "nature is calling" bush! laugh
Posted by: Luke Gates

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 12/19/09 07:08 AM

when you spend the whole school day wondering whose gonna be dead in your tribe
Posted by: sarasweet1

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 06/20/10 08:39 AM

you know youve been playing vv to long when you talk about your villagers so fondly strangers think that you are talking about family
Posted by: Nora Willow

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 06/20/10 03:34 PM

Wen it rains and you feel the urge to run outside to see if you find any collectables... but then think,"oh, yea, this isnt in the games" grin

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 06/21/10 07:09 AM

when you get your brother addicted and he gets a villager that likes running and lifting and hates resting, and you tell on him to your mom.
Posted by: 123isolagirl

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 06/21/10 11:04 AM

THIS IS A QUIZ!!! laugh

1. If you need to pee, where do you go?
a) Backyard
b) Bathroom

2. If you find a shell/rock on the beach, where does it end up?
a) In your science lab
b) In your collection/On the beach

3. When your husband/wife/dad/mom/son/daughter comes home from work, what's the first thing you ask him/her?
a) How many tech points did you earn today?
b) How was today's work?

4. What are you going to do next?
a) Play VV
b) Answer the next question and get back to work.

5. Do you ever find yourself day dreaming about VV?
a) Yes
b) No

Give yourself 1 point for each “a” and 2 points for each “b”.
Results:
5-6 points: You are totally addicted to VV!!!
7-8 points: You love VV but you are not addicted yet.
9-10 points: You don’t play enough VV. Try to make it a habit grin
~the end~

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 06/22/10 12:33 AM

haha i am soooo adicted
Posted by: Kikiann11

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 07/28/10 09:11 PM

When you pick berries and serve them for dinner.
When you make your children work at 14.
When you get frustrated that you can't just pick people up and put them down.
When you dream about your villagers.
When you consider your progress at work to be Trainee, Adept or Master.
When you seriously consider butting your head through the computer screen and going to Isola.
Posted by: spinnything

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 07/28/10 11:27 PM

when you cancel an appointment in real life because you need one more collectible and don't want to chance missing it.

hey Kikiann... I do pick berries and serve them to my family for dinner, LOL!

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 07/29/10 03:57 PM

1.When you start to wonder if that one villager is your long lost sister.

2. When it rains you ask your mum if you can go outside and look for mushrooms.

3. When people start to hum, you look around for the guiding hand.

4. You wonder if Last day of work knows where I sola is and aren't telling us.
Posted by: Luke Gates

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 07/29/10 09:13 PM

1. When you want to find where Isola is so you can live there.
2. When you start asking your self what villager is most like a person you see.
3. You double take when you turn you head fast because you thought you might of seen a villager.

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 08/26/10 02:39 AM

Kikiann, I'm planning to stay in Isola for 3 months in 2011! Just need to contact Isola Airlines...

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 08/27/10 09:31 PM

shocked really? I wanna go too!!! I need 5 out of 5 magic plant seeds for Plant tycoon laugh
Posted by: The Chief

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 08/28/10 04:08 PM

I've been to Isola, and it rocks! You might be playing VV too long if your doctor's office is a hut.
Posted by: angelswings8

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 08/29/10 05:44 AM

when your alarm clock is the intro song from VV or the angels singing at the begining laugh then you've defintely been playing too long

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 08/29/10 05:01 PM

When your relaxing time is "Looking at the fishies" grin
Posted by: horsecrazy123

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 08/30/10 03:04 PM

When you climb the trees in your backyard looking for coconuts, and spend all you time at the ocean fishing.

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 09/03/10 02:48 AM

This one is when you officially have fallen of the coconut tree.... You start to dream about VV. shocked

Also...
Click to reveal..
1. You wonder if you put a baby in the shiny water he'll turn into the Golden Child.

2. You comment on this thread. wink
3. You've joined this forum. grin
4. You've considered dressing up as a villager for Halloween.
Posted by: cmastro

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 09/03/10 03:17 AM

This morning, the wind chimes outside went off. I jumped out of bed ready to get the collectible, but....... yeah........This is classified as both a Fail and a WIN! laugh

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 03/04/12 03:38 PM

-Continued from my quiz, page16 in this thread, post #222741-

6. Do you insist on wearing the same outfit every day? Maybe you have a lot of outfits that are exactly the same? (If you can't afford a new outfit but would love to have one, say "No".)
a) Yes
b) No

7. What does your home look like?
a) It's a hut (I built it myself).
b) It's an apartment/a house.

8. Does noni taste good?
Click to reveal..
Noni is a fruit found in VV5!

a) Yes, I eat it all the time
b) What's that?!

9. KIDS: How old do you want to start working? ADULTS: When did you start working?
a) 14 or younger
b) After graduating from high school/college

10. You see a mushroom on the ground, what would you do?
a) Pick it up & eat it
b) Leave it alone

11. What's your all time favorite game?
a) Actually I have 5 favorite games... VV1, VV2, VV3, VV4, VV5!
b) I have no time for games!(Me: Then why are you even looking at this forum?!)

12. Would you recommend VV to other people?
a) PEOPLE?! The only people I see are my villagers!!!
b) I guess so

Give yourself 1 point for each “a” and 2 points for each “b”. Add up your total points, from Q1-12.
12-14: Yes, you're DEFINITELY addicted cool. You're probably one of those people who check their village every 10 minutes(or less) shocked.
15-21: You know how to maintain a good balance between virtual village life and real life, that's good! laugh
22-24: It seems you haven't even played VV before!:8 So what are you doing here on this thread? crazy
~the end(this time i'm being serious!)
Posted by: Deanna.P

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 03/18/14 03:48 AM

I stay up all night and day on the game I'm trying to get my researcher to level up to where I can start the little school for the children and I'm trying to open the stream the lagoon but can't seem to get it and you know you've been playing a long time when you here kissy sounds and say oh no here goes more babies lol
Posted by: Isoladream

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 03/25/14 05:14 PM

You say, "Just off to feed my tribe, erm, I mean cat"

You set up a table and call yourself a master scientist.

You nearly call your baby son Seven.

You stay up until 3 in the morning talking to a computer screen full of villagers.

You bring up VV in every conversation.

Re: Maybe you've been playing VV too long if.... - 03/06/17 08:35 AM

The last post in this thread was almost 3 years ago, but...

You realize that you could've been an adept builder/farmer/scientist at your age, and you get annoyed that the real world doesn't actually trust people your age to do this work.

You've deliberately made bad choices with the island events because you know that you're experienced enough to turn any bad situation around.
Click to reveal..
And you still feel guilty when you accidentally kill a villager... or even the whole tribe

You've "time traveled" out of impatience so many times that you're actually bored of it and decide to play normally. Or is that just me?