A small question about virtual villagers

Posted by: Bluedy

A small question about virtual villagers - 04/01/16 04:17 PM

So virtual villagers is one of my favourite series. But I have one question which I don't know where to get the answer for.
Does anybody know what engine does virtual villagers run on? Maybe I'm wrong and it doens't run on any engine but I dunno. So please inform me if you know the answer laugh
Posted by: LadyCFIIAdministrator

Re: A small question about virtual villagers - 04/01/16 04:23 PM

All of the Virtual Villagers, Virtual Families, and our tycoon games use a custom software engine designed by LDW for our games.

Virtual Town was developed in Unity.

Re: A small question about virtual villagers - 04/01/16 04:47 PM

I see. I was hoping I could play around a little bit with the code, but seeing as this is a custom engine, it may be harder than I thought. thanks for the help grin
Posted by: Hydra14

Re: A small question about virtual villagers - 04/01/16 11:28 PM

I also attempted to make a fanmade sequel to VV3 but no luck .s
And also i started to develop a VV with Flash back in 2013 but i abandoned project because i don't think it's legal.

Re: A small question about virtual villagers - 04/02/16 02:55 PM

I basically wanted to increase the resolution(AND YES i know the sprites need to be changed to a bigger resolution) but seeing as that is nearly impossible, I guess only LDW knows :|
Also I don't think it would be illegal to make a fanmade sequel as long as you(of course) give credit for the sprites and everything, but I won't speak for LDW. What you could've done was to post it on this forum. I don't think anyone would've minded laugh