Posted by: Matthew

Cheats or hints - 07/20/05 11:31 AM

This is where you can place all your cheats and hints about Village Sim
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Cheats or hints - 08/20/05 11:52 PM

whats the regestration code
Posted by: LadyCFIIAdministrator

Re: Cheats or hints - 08/21/05 09:11 AM

The registration code, which is based on your HotSync ID, is provided to you when you purchase a game. You enter that code into the trial that you downloaded and it unlocks all of the features of the game.
Posted by: Grendel

Re: Cheats or hints - 08/25/05 09:41 AM

I cannot get my Villagers to fish. I really don't want to cheat, just a point in the right direction? They get pitched in the water quite often but I cannot for the life of me figure it out.
Posted by: tigger4will

Re: Cheats or hints - 08/25/05 10:00 AM

well, is the beach clean? Have you resesearched all the necessary tech levels?
If it is and you have, then keep on those villagers. I tried to train a particularly stubborn one who didn't want to fish for all the tea in china!

Re: Cheats or hints - 08/30/05 11:53 AM

Am new to Village sim and am so far learning everything! have not as yet got an alternative food source to the berry bush...any clues you can give me?

Re: Cheats or hints - 08/30/05 12:17 PM

If you go to the Tech Screen and tap on Harvesting, then on the Info button at the lower left, you'll see what you need to do. Finding another food source needs to be your first priority, because the berry bush will not feed your villagers for long.

Re: Cheats or hints - 08/30/05 12:27 PM

thanks for that, but I dont have enough tech ppoints to get the next level, I have 2 out 6 people working on research to get the points is this enough? sorry for being such a muppet!!

Re: Cheats or hints - 08/30/05 12:31 PM

It might be enough, depending upon how many berries are still on the bush. If your berry bush is reduced to a single berry and you still don't have enough research points, you might consider making everyone research. If the food supply dwindles, you can put a villager or two back on foraging duty. If you have a builder working on the new hut, you might want to postpone the construction and put your builder to work at the research table for awhile.

Re: Cheats or hints - 08/30/05 12:32 PM

Ta very much, will make even the stubborn ones research!

Re: Cheats or hints - 08/30/05 06:58 PM

I can't complete the twelth puzzle because I am not a master in a certain field. Is there any way to remedy this even though I have already completed all other puzzles?

Re: Cheats or hints - 08/30/05 07:02 PM

You can look here for a description of the only way to train a builder after you've completed all of the construction projects. It depends a good deal upon luck, but it can be done.

Re: Cheats or hints - 09/04/05 10:48 AM

How do u know the code without purchasing

Re: Cheats or hints - 09/04/05 02:28 PM

The only way to legally get a code is to purchase the game. The registration codes are unique for each HotSync ID.

Re: Cheats or hints - 11/12/05 03:44 PM

what do u do after the 2nd puzzle i can figure it out for the life of me

Re: Cheats or hints - 11/12/05 04:23 PM

Most of the puzzles are dependent upon some combination of Village Tech, population, and other puzzles. The best thing to do is to keep your tribe healthy and fed, and continue to have them research new technologies. After every tech purchase, drag one of your adult villagers around the island and look for new things that they can work on.

Re: Cheats or hints - 11/13/05 05:18 PM

lol about the registration code ..lol i just typed: 5 and it worked hehe

Re: Cheats or hints - 11/13/05 05:19 PM

do someone know any cheats .. just wanna test:)

Re: Cheats or hints - 11/13/05 05:20 PM

and one more thing .. how do i move the boulder?

Re: Cheats or hints - 11/13/05 05:23 PM

This post contains several ways to get help with the puzzles in Village Sim.

Re: Cheats or hints - 11/13/05 05:40 PM

hehe one more question... how do i pause the game so it wont run .. when im sleeping?

Re: Cheats or hints - 11/13/05 05:54 PM

Menu->Preferences->Pause

Re: Cheats or hints - 11/13/05 07:02 PM

how do you burry the bones meaning the dead villagers

Re: Cheats or hints - 11/13/05 07:33 PM

That's one of the puzzles in Village Sim. One of the Village Technologies will enable your villagers to bury their dead. The best thing to do is to drag one of your adult villagers around the island after every Village Tech purchase and look for messages about new things that they've discovered.

Re: Cheats or hints - 11/14/05 08:54 AM

how do i build new houses? i builded the hut .. now what? ... and how do i move the boulder?
Posted by: CarlaAdministrator

Re: Cheats or hints - 11/14/05 09:13 AM

As barbara said in the previous post, these are the puzzles of the game. Barbara wrote an amazing Strategy and Puzzle Guide that you can check out here

Re: Cheats or hints - 12/06/05 02:36 PM

has anyone solved the last puzzle, can you tell how this is done???

sshooter

Re: Cheats or hints - 12/06/05 02:45 PM

We have been asked by many people who read these forums not to put the solutions to the puzzles in the forums (to keep from inadvertently spoiling the game for people). We really want to give people the help that they need, so we have made it pretty easy to get exactly the kind of help you need, ranging from a private message with subtle hints (or spoilers) to a detailed strategy/puzzle guide that you can check out to get help. You can see your options
here!

Re: Cheats or hints - 12/26/05 07:07 PM

does any1 have a varifacation code i can use

Re: Cheats or hints - 12/26/05 07:42 PM

Sorry, but sharing reg codes is a big no-no! First off, sharing registration codes takes money away from the developers (and, besides, it's illegal). Second, registration codes are generated for a specific user and won't work for another user.

Re: Cheats or hints - 12/26/05 09:40 PM

oh ok

Re: Cheats or hints - 12/26/05 09:41 PM

well do u know any cheats or hints for the demo version

Re: Cheats or hints - 12/27/05 12:31 PM

The demo version is the same as the registered version, but most of the game features are disabled until you enter your registration code. There really aren't any cheats for Village Sim, but some strategies work better than others. You can play in demo mode indefinitely, but you will be limited to 7 villagers and won't be able to solve any of the puzzles.
Posted by: Gail

Re: Cheats or hints - 12/27/05 09:14 PM

Assuming your beach is clean, I always find it helpful to have the scientists know a bit about farming once I have enough tech points to interchange them.

When I get enough points for fishing, it helps if you can put a fisher with a non-fisher. They do learn a number of talents from watching each other. Get a master farmer and he/she will catch the red crabs. They bring in the points!
Gail
Gail
Posted by: Gail

Re: Cheats or hints - 12/27/05 09:17 PM

Please pardon the duplicate post.

Dear Arthur, Carla and Barbara,
Congratulations on your newest download of Village Sim. Also a big thank you to all who helped me become addicted to these little people. As much as you think you know, each game brings new challenges.
I am also glad to see that you finally built in the much needed laundromat and that we can get tech points for villagers using it the most. Oops, I think I just left reality.
Seriously, my garden hasn't bloomed in quite a while, so I only had 11 puzzles to do. The third house would never automatically appear when the population of Isola warrented, so I would have to put a builder there and he would start building invisibly...at 3% I would finally see the house.
I'm now off to guide my people on their new journey and see what happens. ID number for the game? Mine I know by heart! Cheers!
Gail
Posted by: avery10

Re: Cheats or hints - 02/01/06 03:21 AM

Quote:

I am also glad to see that you finally built in the much needed laundromat and that we can get tech points for villagers using it the most. Oops, I think I just left reality.

I just wanted to know if you really do get tech points when your villagers do laundry? I just assumed that they were goofing off or something... so I usually just drag them back to there task!

Re: Cheats or hints - 02/01/06 02:38 PM

No, you don't get tech points that way. Gail was just being funny.
Posted by: lv1character

Re: Cheats or hints - 02/26/06 12:25 AM

When you start to play the game go to prefrences and change the the difficulty to easy.This will let you have 6 people when you start a new game.If you dont wont to start a new game shame on you.
Posted by: ULTRAV

Re: Cheats or hints - 07/27/06 04:34 PM

hey folks!...any hints or tips on getting the villagers to use the tools found in the crate????

ultravl
Posted by: TheVillageIdiot

Re: Cheats or hints - 07/27/06 04:37 PM

Once you get the points, you are done with the tools.
Posted by: VillagersDying

Re: Cheats or hints - 08/02/06 10:57 PM

Crate? There's a crate??
Posted by: VillagersDying

Re: Cheats or hints - 08/02/06 11:22 PM

Ah....that crate. The first game I started some rats jumped out!
Posted by: YaelleG

Quick Start? - 08/03/06 11:34 PM

Does anyone have a sort of quick-start suggestion? I'm sort of getting there, but....about 2 hours into it, I am afraid I'm going to run out of food. I have a feeling I need to get some of these guys up to master scientist, but I'm not really sure. What do you suggest doing first, after building a couple of houses & having some kids?

Re: Quick Start? - 08/03/06 11:39 PM

You can find tips and hints to help you develop a successful game strategy in the Virtual Villagers Guide section of the forums. Most people find that working toward the better food supplies is necessary to keeping your game going. Expanding your population too soon usually creates a very tense situation.
Posted by: shinyglass

Re: Cheats or hints - 08/04/06 01:07 AM

You can also boost builder skill by having them fix the existing huts.
Posted by: RedPat

Re: Cheats or hints - 08/04/06 01:55 AM

Ok, my farmers are fishing away. Is there something special I need to do to complete Puzzle 6, or will they manage on their own? Eventually?
Posted by: sunshower

Re: Cheats or hints - 08/04/06 03:07 AM

Quote:

Ok, my farmers are fishing away. Is there something special I need to do to complete Puzzle 6, or will they manage on their own? Eventually?

take a look at the Virtual Villagers Guide link that ladycfii posted and you'll find your answer.
Posted by: tracyc

Re: Cheats or hints - 08/04/06 07:44 AM

hi i have been trying for 2 days to get my villagers to learn to fish but i just can work it out i am on level 2 of tec level 2 of farming and level 2 of spiratual and i'm stuck , and i also can figuer out how to get them to move the boulder can any1 help also is the lagoon ment to be usd for somthing or just swimming ?
Posted by: sunshower

Re: Cheats or hints - 08/04/06 09:57 AM

you need level 3 of farming to fish.

one of your villagers will move the boulder on his own.

the lagoon is meant for a few things.
Posted by: LADYBUGG

Re: Cheats or hints - 08/04/06 11:43 AM

is farming and harvest the same thing? becausei have on my tech page farming, construction, medicine, science, fertility, spirituality

Re: Cheats or hints - 08/04/06 11:50 AM

Yes. Level three farming is what you need to fish.
Posted by: SaxyT

Re: Cheats or hints - 08/04/06 01:16 PM

And farming and harvesting are the same thing. It depends on what platform you are playing, it's harvesting on palm, farming on pc.
Posted by: carebearmitchell

Re: Cheats or hints - 08/07/06 12:00 AM

i have finally done all puzzles except #15 i have read the guide, but i still cannot find whatever it is i need to find/do. I have moved the boulder and after i find the last puzzle, is that the end of the game? or does something happen and i'm able to explore more of the island?
Posted by: Dar

Re: Cheats or hints - 08/07/06 12:10 AM

Red crabs? I don't have any crabs yet and I've been fishing for years (gametime). I'll have to keep throwing my Master Farmers in the ocean until they catch some lovely seafood - but since the villagers don't actually cook anything - raw crabmeat? Yuck!
Posted by: carebearmitchell

Re: Cheats or hints - 08/09/06 04:23 PM

i can't get puzzle #15!!!! i have done everything else. can they explore more of the island or is that the end?
Posted by: BioNerd

Re: Cheats or hints - 08/09/06 04:34 PM

I'm afriad that is the end. At least as far as I can tell.

Go to the Virtual Villagers Guide for help with puzzle #15. You can find a link to the Guide in previous posts in this thread.
Good Luck
Posted by: pituffina

Re: Cheats or hints - 08/11/06 06:46 PM

I donīt know if this is just in my game or something...but I read somewhere that the average time for the crops to grow is 100 mins...but I notice that is I water them just when I have half a field full..the next batch that I plant, only takes 13/11 minutes to grow!! ( on 2x speed) has this happened to anyone?

Re: Cheats or hints - 08/14/06 11:37 AM

Yes it has happen to me a lot. But I did not have anyone watering it. I think it has more to do with how the farm counter is programmed and cycles, and not with the fact that you started watering it early.
Posted by: smart_player

Re: Cheats or hints - 08/27/06 02:46 AM

fishing is the only unlimited food supply
Posted by: JENNYEDWARDS

Re: Cheats or hints - 08/27/06 08:43 AM

I have done everything except puzzle 15 too. I know roughly where to find it but it took me so long to get to the stage that all my decent builders are dead. I am trying to get an adept builder to master builder and there is no building to do on the island only a bit of hut fixing so may take several years to complete this game!!!
Posted by: raverbaby1986

Re: Cheats or hints - 08/28/06 01:52 PM

Hi there. have fully researched everything, but stil have loads of puzzles to get?how do i get the golden child? please someone help me as i really have no idea. thanks

Re: Cheats or hints - 08/28/06 02:11 PM

You can get everything from hints to spoilers in the Virtual Villagers Guide.
Posted by: slyestone

Re: Cheats or hints - 08/28/06 06:05 PM

Im having hard time with the puzzles, Ive updated everything and maxed population at 90, puzzle done to temple except #10, can anyone help me plz

Re: Cheats or hints - 08/28/06 06:34 PM

Read the guide from ladycfill above your post, as well as the detail spoilers in that same forum.
Posted by: Mediocrateez

Re: Cheats or hints - 09/02/06 01:33 AM

First of all, I want to say, AWESOME game. 120 hours, with it running all the time. I had my wife watching the game now and then when I was at work.
Posted by: mizmudgie

Re: Cheats or hints - 09/02/06 02:52 AM

If you have stubborn ones go to the details button, make sure you checked the skill you want them to develop and make sure they don't dislike something about what you want them to do.

And sometimes you just get a stubborn one. (If its a she, keep her knocked up...at least shes doing something!)
Posted by: Chelah

Re: Cheats or hints - 09/06/06 02:55 PM

I'm confused about this response, although I know how to get the villagers to both farm and fish. I think the response should have been to go to the Tech screen and in the box labeled Farming, to click on the Info button (the question mark). You can't click on "harvesting". Nothing happens.

Re: Cheats or hints - 09/06/06 02:58 PM

If you'll check the date on that response, you'll see that it was over a year ago - long before Virtual Villagers was released. The advice given in my reply was, and still is, accurate for Village Sim (the Palm version of the game), which was the game being discussed at the time.
Posted by: Abby

Re: Cheats or hints - 09/07/06 03:39 AM

Once the "special child" is born, do you get an announcement? I have all the puzzles completed except for those I discovered I need the "special child" for. So, is there something else I have to do to get the kid or will it just happen?
Posted by: Tresha

Re: Cheats or hints - 09/07/06 04:22 AM

Not sure if this is normal or I am bugged. My villagers have been working on clearing the blockage in the northwest corner of the map for 2 years game time. Every time one of them tries to do something else, I put him back on task, clearing the blockage. I keep one guy on research for the tech points, but otherwise, they are all working on that blockage. They are getting good building xp, but will they ever finish?

Also, is there a reason some mushrooms are unpickable?

P.S. I love the game. My new addiction.

Posted by: Jas

Re: Cheats or hints - 09/07/06 08:05 AM

Abby, you will get a popup message when the golden child is born. You have to do something special to get him.

Re: Cheats or hints - 09/07/06 08:08 AM

Tresha, if you click on the blockage, you can see how much of it has been cleared.

The only unpickable mushrooms I have seen have been the ones that timed out just before I could get a kid to them.

Re: Cheats or hints - 09/07/06 01:17 PM

Thank you. The mushrrom is definately a bug for me. It remains visible long enough for me to get the kid to try to pick it 3 times, then find another kid and have him try to pick it 3 times, so its not a matter of getting to it right before it disappears. As far as the blockage, it just takes years to clear it, apparently. After reading your response, i checked the blockage and it was 24% cleared. ARGH! I can't afford to put all my villagers on a single task for 30+ years, rofl. I guess i'll just keep the builder plugging away at it, and get everyone else back to their usual tasks.

Thanks ~hug~

P.S. I can't seem to find where to edit my profile
Posted by: bajantara

Re: Cheats or hints - 09/07/06 01:20 PM

Tresha, it sounds like you need to get the upgrade to VV. Click on Menu, and look at the bottom left. If it says v. 1.00, then download VV again from the same place you bought it, and install it to the same directory. That should take care of the mushroom bug

Re: Cheats or hints - 09/07/06 01:36 PM

Oh, that must be it. Mine is V 1.00. I'll upgrade. Thank you so much.

I found how to update my profile.

One of my kids is injured from spiders in a crate. When i drop my healer on him to try to cure him, the game thinks my healer is a pedophile. HAHA Does he heal on his own, or do i just keep my healer trying to molest the little tyke?

Re: Cheats or hints - 09/07/06 01:36 PM

To edit your profile, click on "My Home" link at the very top of this page. Then click on "Edit" next to the right of "Personal information, email, password, etc." then edit away.
Posted by: Abby

Re: Cheats or hints - 09/07/06 03:01 PM

Jas...could you maybe help with a little push in the right direction as to what I have to do to get him? I've been watching my villagers for about a week now dragging them all over trying to find the next thing to do...

Re: Cheats or hints - 09/07/06 03:09 PM

Be sure to drag ALL of your villagers around to check spots, not just the useful ones.

Re: Cheats or hints - 09/07/06 04:22 PM

And if all else fails, you can get everything from hints to spoilers in the Virtual Villagers Guide.

Re: Cheats or hints - 09/07/06 11:08 PM

Abby, make sure you take your nursing mothers around the island and pay attention to what they see.
Posted by: lcx

Re: Cheats or hints - 09/10/06 12:50 PM

wer is the game guide gone? i want a complete walk through, i rememebr seein it b4 and now i cant find it

Re: Cheats or hints - 09/10/06 01:48 PM

Since the forum server has moved, the links that have been posted previously will no longer work. I'll see about updating the most recent ones, but here's the new link to the Virtual Villagers Guide.