Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 104 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#241756 - 10/28/17 01:30 PM New to FT2 with a few questions!
Tessie Lynn Offline

Hello all ~
I've started playing FT2, just found it a few days ago. smile Happy to see it here. I'm not seeing a lot of postings on this though. I'm interested to know how many are playing it?
One of my biggest initial questions is of course about the Magic fish and the breeding.
I've not seen a list of the Magic Fish for FT2. Is there one?
Also, I'm looking to see if there is a (hopefully short) list of fish you DON'T want to sell if you happen to get them. Not Magic Fish of course, but those fish that help with breeding others that are hard to get, or might only come in eggs.
For example, the first fish I've tried to complete is the Fatfish. I sold the silky that I got with eggs in the beginning (not knowing) and the only way to breed it is with three other fish that are all related. Like these four fin types are circularly related (Silky, Imperial, peachy and hooked) I can't get any of those four in eggs and don't even know if they are rare, uncommon or common.
Thanks! Tessie

#242730 - 03/09/19 03:49 AM Re: New to FT2 with a few questions! [Re: Tessie Lynn]
LisaRae Offline

Loc: Australia
Daresay you've figured it out, but hey, maybe someone else will want to know (I've got PC though).

KEEP SILKY and SPINED!
They cannot be bred, except as you say, with themselves. (Silky breeds, but requires one parent to be a silky... which defeats the purpose!)

NOTE:
Click to reveal..
Uncommon and Rare Fish do NOT seem to hatch naturally with these fins, you will need to crossbreed genuses to get those.

There are a couple of other species that are difficult to obtain as well. This is more complicated; several of them will pop up in RARE fish, so
Click to reveal..
you can reverse engineer your crossbreeding for genuses
the others only have a couple of crossing choices.
Click to reveal..
The main few are: Bluetip, Greenfin, Hooked, and Peachy. Bluetips are REALLY useful. Basically these four CAN be difficult to get - keep a greenfin and a peachy to go with silky and spined to get bluetip and hooked (there are a couple of other combos to get those, but that's easiest EXCEPT with one of the magic fish).

I've got a complete spreadsheet but I don't know how to share it.

Can't remember the genuses offhand, but I don't think they're as difficult, just keep going...

Edited by LisaRae (03/09/19 03:51 AM)

Smileys
Arthur on Twitter