Since my last post, the count on the villagers rose to 40. The villagers are dying of old age and I cannot create new babies. I guess I had a bit of fortunate that the villagers had a deep sense of self-preservation.

For the most part, I have enjoyed the game. One issue I have is that none of the villagers seem capable of becoming more than adept at medicine. Another issue is that all of the pop-ups focus on negative events or encounters for the villagers unlike Villagers 3 which was my first encounter with LDW.

I have completed everything except the Beetle Collection and the Stone Collection which is not going to happen now without procreation being re-established. Why is everything "magical" presents a consequence of misfortune?

The only reason to return to the game is to determine if a new totem has arrived, to ring the Gong of Misfortune and/or to see if the last of the 30 somethings have had any offspring. If they have, it seems to take a moment or two for the collectibles to appear. Naturally, when there are no children around, the collectibles show up frequently. Are you sure the island is Isola and not Murphy's Law Island? Smile.

Have you all ever thought of linking all the games once all 16 puzzles are resolved or some other challenge? I think it would be interesting to have them connect some way which would rise to a new set of 32 or more puzzles to be resolved - depending on the number of villages that connect. Just a thought.