Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 291 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#230889 - 02/24/12 08:33 AM People WILL NOT Sleep!
Iruwa Offline
Trainee

I've just started playing Virtual Families again after I bought it a couple of years ago, and I started a new family. Once they were tired I put them to bed, then minimized the game knowing that if I paused it they wouldn't gain any energy. When I reopened the window, they were both up and watching TV, and both were exhausted! They had even less energy than when I put them to bed. So I figured this was probably a result of minimizing the game rather than actually quitting it, so I closed the game. I just opened it now, a couple of hours later, and they're both still exhausted, but they've gained a ton of job skill. I thought they were supposed to sleep overnight, so why are my little people up and working on their career when they're exhausted?

#230891 - 02/24/12 09:13 AM Re: People WILL NOT Sleep! [Re: Iruwa]
skipper45mn Offline
Expert

Loc: minnesota
first at least 4 hrs. is the recommended time minimum when they are tired and you put them to bed....i have found this to be a problem only in the first generation before work areas are upgraded...i combat it by having them nap and or read magazines until their energy level is up.....you just pick them up and drop until it says taking a nap in the activity bar or throw them at the bookcase in the office to get them to read a magazine...depending on how low the energy level is a few times of napping or reading magazine will restore them to about half or a bit over...allowing them to continue work on careers etc.

#230894 - 02/24/12 10:42 PM Re: People WILL NOT Sleep! [Re: skipper45mn]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
People sleep once the game is closed, and they need about 8 or more hours to feel fully rested, just like we do. When the game is open, they can't sleep (think of the game being open like a very strong light in your eyes - you wouldn't be able to sleep either! laugh ) What I like to do is have my peeps sleep at night, around the same time I do (game closed). When I get up in the morning, they are awake and ready to go too! laugh
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter