Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 291 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 ... 23 24 >
Topic Options
#98737 - 09/25/07 06:12 AM Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II
angiejoy Offline

Loc: Topeka, KS
I've already read many ideas for improvements to Plant Tycoon scattered around the forums and thought this would be a good place to pull them all together. For instance, someone suggested he would like to be able to keep multiple copies of a seed in each cell of the seed trays. I certainly think that's a good idea. Someone else complained about the waste of time just hanging out in the nursery waiting for plants to sell. I agree. Maybe that would be a good time to catch more bugs for our collections or program a bargaining algorythmn into the nursery.

By the way, if you came up with either of the above ideas please claim credit for them.

I would like to see expansion packs become available. My favorite would be Herbs and Vegetables so I can grow the largest pumpkins or heirloom tomatoes and we could have a good old fashion State Fair Contest in the forums.

Anyone else have any good ideas out there?

#98794 - 09/25/07 01:21 PM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: angiejoy]
AtarahPern Offline
Consigliere

Loc: PA
I haven't played it long enough yet to have any suggestions for PT2. I'm sure after awhile I will.
I wanted to comment on the time alloted for the demo. I think it's too short. I know an hour is standard for a demo, but in this case I don't think it works. Unless you mess with your computer time while the plants grow, you really don't get to do much. Since it takes the plants over half of that hour to grow, people trying the game don't get much of a chance to try making seeds or buying improvements.
Don't get me wrong, I knew I wanted it BEFORE I tried it, but people who are new to LDW may be turned off by not being able to do much with the demo. So I suggest a longer demo time for PT2.
\:\)
Marcey

#98922 - 09/26/07 12:24 AM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: angiejoy]
mistymage Offline

I'd like an in game game of solitaire. Using the plants and people of Isola as the "spots", of course.

I tend to play a ton of solitaire and spider solitaire while waiting for the plants to bud/mature/pollinate or sell. But unlike fish tycoon or the village games.. when playing plant tycoon the music gets "cut off". So I don't hear the sale of a plant.. when doing fish tycoon the kaching sound reminds me to check back and see how many left or time to go back the breeding aquarium.

#98927 - 09/26/07 12:44 AM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: mistymage]
Pinkfish Offline
Expert

Loc: Liverpool
I#ve just read a few bad reviews on how boring this game is

I actually like it... although the selling part is boring , waiting for plants is boring ...

but the excitement is seeing what you have created

I think there should be more than 6 magic plants maybe two to find when you are mega rich and can afford very very very rare seeds
and click off the nursery and things still sell!!
watching plants grow is not some peoples kind of fun .. hence they didn't buy it... This game is the future , but I have to agree with the review .. gameplay .. zero !!

ok so how do I make a reptans lol

#98956 - 09/26/07 02:11 AM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: Pinkfish]
Sailorben Offline
Trainee

Obviously it's not a game for everyone, but then it wasn't designed to be... aesthetics and mental challenges, no wars, no weapons, no rushing around, no acrobatics, no explosions, etc. Gee, I miss those.. not! It's one of the few games I've bought, and that just on the strength of Fish Tycoon, which is equally "boring" while still being entertaining, challenging and enjoyable.

After 30-some years in DP systems, I am very impressed with the graphics and the total integration of the design. One example.. all the plants are different, even the same species.. each plant is a detailed individual, and it retains its unique appearance not just in the greenhouse but in the nursery as well. The breeding algorithms are clever and complex enough for a real challenge. The _bug_-catching bit is very cleverly done as well. I can see the meticulous care in the details throughout the game. The esthetics are delightful too, and so is the music, light-handed, melodic and pleasant. The packaging and presentation are most professional and attractive.

I'm very impressed with LDW's games--I now have both Tycoons and both Villagers games, which is about half the games I've ended up buying over the past year. I've had hundreds of hours of fun with them, and will look forward to their next one.

#98964 - 09/26/07 03:54 AM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: Sailorben]
LadyKnight Offline
Trainee

Loc: Illinois
The main "problem" seems to be the boringness of selling at times which is why I think a "bell" would be good. I mean like a bell we can ring to let the shoppers know we are getting ready to close...that way they don't just keep standing there looking making you wonder if they're gonna buy or not. They would then have a small amount of time to either buy a/the plant or leave the nursery. At that point unsold plants can be put on slow mode or new ones potted where the ones were that did sell.
Might also be good to have some funding credit paid back automatically a little at a time as plants are sold. With interest of course.

Edited by LadyKnight (09/26/07 04:07 AM)

#98975 - 09/26/07 06:54 AM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: LadyKnight]
Sailorben Offline
Trainee

I don't get bored with selling.. I go do email, play another game, or even do something useful. I'd surely get bored after a while if I just sat and watched them window-shop. This is, after all, casual gaming, not meant for constant monitoring. Though I do appreciate Fish Tycoon's cash-register "ka-ching", the only consequence of not knowing when the plants are all sold, is that the "number of visitors" stat increases. If there's an issue with not wanting to leave the greenhouse plants unattended, I just put it on "pause" before I go to the nursery--the selling continues normally. Sometimes it's easier to change what I do than what a game does, and makes me just as happy. \:\)

#99007 - 09/26/07 02:22 PM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: Sailorben]
sfrose Offline
Senior Uber-Member

I agree wit you. I often will mark plants to sell and then do other things. However, AFAIK people playing on Macs don't have this option, and sometimes there are things that I want to do in other gmae slots I have running and I can't sell in one nursery and be in the greenhouse of another ant the same time. \:\(

Isola is a magic island! All sorts of strange things can happen, and often do happen. -- arnie

#99010 - 09/26/07 02:41 PM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: sfrose]
Deathwing Offline
Master

Loc: GaiaOnline, DW_08 ^^
More seed boxes, that would be great, also being able to sell while the plants are growing. Also using the flowers that LDW was unable to use.

My Pets home

#99015 - 09/26/07 03:43 PM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: sfrose]
Sailorben Offline
Trainee

Good points, sfrose. But I'm surprised that people on Macs can't window out--I thought Macs were at least on a par with Windows PC's in flexibility. Live and learn.. \:\)

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 ... 23 24 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter