Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 179 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#233078 - 04/19/13 12:07 AM VF2 - Small suggestions
Tailored Offline

Loc: FL, USA
Hello all. This is a short list (numerically XD) of small-fix suggestions to make the overall game a little more intuitive.

Please note that I love the game so far, these are just things that caught my attention.

~The shop screens clearly kept their iOS vibe. Those of us who don't own those devices (small children) are a little confused about how to scroll on those screens. A scrolling bar or arrows on the side would be helpful.

~When the game starts up, it's impossible to tell which family is selected because the user name doesn't show until you enter a user family and then exit back to the splash page. Showing the active user when the game is first brought up (And changing the color of the user font to a brighter color!) would help.

~I'm uncertain why there's a Start Over button on the splash page, when any user can be deleted from the Manage Games button. That button scares me, as I have small children who also like this game. Is it possible to move it to a far corner or do away with it altogether?

~While playing a family, the small button that says Touch to Select should be changed to Click to Select. Also, either the clickable area of that button should cover the entire button graphic, or it should be shortened to the current clickable area. Currently, the right side that overhangs isn't able to be clicked.

~When a family member is targeted and their little profile portrait is active, there should be arrows on either side of that little portrait. The arrows would cycle through all family members. (Helpful for finding that kid hiding in the far corner in the yard.)

~Pressing the arrow keys to move around the map would be a nice addition to the number pad keys.

~When in Decorate mode, the movement of the screen should be limited to when the cursor touches the edge of the screen. Trying to get that couch right up against the floorboards is a pain when every 3 pixels my cursor moves, the map also moves.

~Family members should try to fulfill their own needs once those needs degrade to a certain point. When Energy reaches Exhausted, for instance, the family member should be stubborn about doing anything except sleeping. The family members should also fulfill their own needs to at LEAST 1/4 of the bar. Constantly putting them to bed because they won't sleep long enough to gain more than 1/8th of the energy bar is tedious. It helps to use the Praise hand when you put them to bed, but that's very counter-intuitive. Real folks sleep when they need rest.

~Last is just a visual gripe. On the adoption screen, the family members look so crisp and clear! In the game play, this is not the case. What's the deal with that? On small phones and ipads, I can see how the smaller resolution would be necessary. But on a monitor, game play just looks fuzzy. frown

Thanks in advance for any feedback on this. grin

Edited by MissKathy (04/19/13 01:30 AM)
Edit Reason: Added VF2 to Subject line & moved to Developer Feedback Forum

#233292 - 04/22/13 10:37 PM Re: VF2 - Small suggestions [Re: Tailored]
Simsane Offline
Master

Loc: Washington State
Wow, great suggestions Tailored! smile

I wanted to make a suggestion and thought it might be a good idea to just put it into this thread.

I am hoping that the developers will make an update and add back in the coin collectibles that they had in the original Virtual Families game. Not only did I enjoy having them to collect but I do feel it would really add to this game.

In this game, you have the Nuts & Leaves, the Bugs and the Dino bones, right? But you can't really ever find any bugs except for after a rain and even then it's rare for any bugs to show up and as far as the Dino bones go -- you have to first buy some sort of Certificate from the Flea Market part of the store before you can even start collecting them.

But, if you are just starting a peep and don't have enough money to buy the certificate or if it's not being offered in the store then you're out of luck and that only leaves the Nuts and Leaves. Very, very disappointing. frown

#233294 - 04/22/13 10:49 PM Re: VF2 - Small suggestions [Re: Simsane]
Jami Offline
Master

Loc: California
Here's mine -

1: We've said it so many times - there's no reason the mom can't work while having an infant. Especially since they work from the home. This should be doubly true for moms who work on the computers.

2: Earning coins takes so long it makes time travel very tempting. There needs to be more ways to earn coins.

3: Some items really should be cheaper. Especially a certain certificate.

4: It would be nice if praising/scolding actually did something about behavior. No matter what I try I can't get my people to understand that they need to be working, not walking around randomly. Especially when they only have 70 coins and are whining about being broke/needing repairs.

www.jamisings.com

#233297 - 04/22/13 11:03 PM Re: VF2 - Small suggestions [Re: Jami]
Simsane Offline
Master

Jami, your No. 2 comment is another reason I feel they need to add back the coin collectible. When I'm playing the original, I can quickly come up with money by selling the coin collectibles. That's basically how I manage to buy food from all 4 food groups when I'm first starting out with a new peep -- by watching for those coins and then being able to sell them once I've already found that particular coin.

As far as the item needed to be able to collect the dino bones, I only saw it offered in the Flea Market once and can't remember what it cost, only that I had just started playing and couldn't see spending the money on that instead of on food. Hopefully the developers will incorporate some of these suggestions.

#233309 - 04/23/13 01:38 AM Re: VF2 - Small suggestions [Re: Simsane]
Corylea Offline
Expert

Loc: Boston area, USA
Originally Posted By: Simsane
As far as the item needed to be able to collect the dino bones, I only saw it offered in the Flea Market once and can't remember what it cost, only that I had just started playing and couldn't see spending the money on that instead of on food.

I bought the Rockhound Certificate recently, and if I remember correctly, it was 1500 coins.

Some good suggestions here; thanks for making them.

#233311 - 04/23/13 01:47 AM Re: VF2 - Small suggestions [Re: Corylea]
Simsane Offline
Master

Originally Posted By: Corylea
Originally Posted By: Simsane
As far as the item needed to be able to collect the dino bones, I only saw it offered in the Flea Market once and can't remember what it cost, only that I had just started playing and couldn't see spending the money on that instead of on food.

I bought the Rockhound Certificate recently, and if I remember correctly, it was 1500 coins.

Some good suggestions here; thanks for making them.

I had stopped playing for a while and when I came back, my Flea Market had refreshed. It does have the certificate too now and I must say, 1500 coins is totally ridiculous in my opinion. Just so we can collect? That's crazy!

I know that I am going to absolutely LOVE a LOT of things in this game -- especially compared to the original -- but I sure hope the developers re-think some of these things.

Although, I do want to admit that I really don't care if the women cannot work while carrying around a baby. That used to bother me but I've played all the VV games and the first VF game and am so used to it now that I just don't care about that anymore. If they do decide to change it, fine. If not, that's fine too.

#233473 - 04/25/13 05:01 PM Re: VF2 - Small suggestions [Re: Simsane]
spygirl2 Offline
Trainee

Loc: Florida
Please alter the Fog if possible so that it is not over the living areas.
Noticed that two blond people don't necessarily have a blond child. In fact, most of my families' children don't look like their parents - different than in VF1. Is this on purpose - because I like to adopt a spouse so that maybe I can get a person with a "head" that I want, but doesn't look like that's the case.
Seems to take longer for people to finish working?

Love the new game! But do not like the Menu screen in the way, and the Decorate screen in the way! Please fix!

#233503 - 04/26/13 04:59 AM Re: VF2 - Small suggestions [Re: spygirl2]
Corylea Offline
Expert

Loc: Boston area, USA
I have a woman with blonde hair and a man with light brown hair, who just had a black-haired child. I think it detracts from the game to have the children not look like the parents; part of the fun of a multi-generation household is seeing various features passed down through the generations. I seem to remember that VF1 did this differently?

I had a person make a meal today, and as soon as he finished making the meal, the OTHER family members sat down and ate it, while HE went "looking for snacks." It seems sort of stupid for them to look for snacks when there's food on the table! I don't know how your AI works, but evidently this character doesn't know that he just made a meal...

#233506 - 04/26/13 07:08 AM Re: VF2 - Small suggestions [Re: Corylea]
Simsane Offline
Master

I want to second what Corylea said about having the kids look like the parents. I would rather it be that way too.

Corylea, I think the second part of your statement must be somewhat random cause I know that some of my peeps will do that (look for snacks or Heating up some food) but I have one that will also sit down right after she's finished putting the meal on the table and eat. If LDW can fix that so they Always sit to eat instead of Looking for Snacks or Heating up some food, that would be good though.

#233510 - 04/26/13 08:44 AM Re: VF2 - Small suggestions [Re: Simsane]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Bear with me on this. I think this is roughly what happens, but it's just a guess. I'm not a programmer, and I could be way off.

Anyway, let's imagine a peep has 100 possible actions. With no "outside" factors in operation, the chances are one in 100 that the peep will carry out a particular action. Let's say a peep (ours or another one) has put a meal on the table. This "outside" factor will increase the likelihood of our peep choosing to eat. Then there's the factor of how empty our peep's belly is. A full bar will decrease the chances and an empty one will increase them. Then again there's "training". If we give them the green hand when sitting down to eat the chances go up, and the opposite if we use the red hand.

The important thing to remember is that I am talking about "chances" that they'll carry out a particular action. There's still a chance that they will decide to do something else instead. As I said, I'm not a programmer, and I don't know what weighting Arthur gives to the various actions and the factors that affect them. It does mean, though, that our peeps can appear delightfully scatter-brained, sometimes stubborn, with what seem to be their random actions.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter