Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 179 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 ... 16 17 >
Topic Options
#188552 - 04/25/09 02:00 PM Virtual Families Suggestions
Sweetz Offline

Loc: Indianapolis, Indiana
With three household members playing and all five game slots used. I have noticed that when I load the game to play, it Defaults to loading the last players family. This isn't necessarily a problem ,however has caused a scare (loaded VF in the A.M. before my first cup of coffee to find all my children gone and no husband...lol)a few times before realizing I needed to exit that players family by going back to the menu screen and selecting my game. Based on this experience my suggestion is that when the game loads, it loads by default to the Main menu screen, thereby forcing you to pick your own family for play.

#189185 - 04/26/09 10:48 PM Possible update or Virtual Fam. 2 ?????
Lewanda Offline
Legend

Loc: Ky
I don't know if I'm doing this right or not, but here goes. I think some of us may have been a bit critical of this game at first, but it gets better as the game progresses. However, I'd still like to see either a VF 2 or an update to this the first Virtual Families. I think some interaction between the fam. members would take Virtual Families from being a good game to a great one. That's really the only thing lacking...Oh yes, there's also that issue of the cat. smile I sure wish it could be selected, named, and moved and that the peeps could recognize it's existence. I think too, that the kids ought to have to feed and water it as one of their chores. In fact, thinking on that, I think it would be nice if the game allowed for chores to be assigned to each kid and that they had to be trained in them like the parents do on their jobs. I'm aware that they can collect things, sell collectibles on line, and do various jobs around the house such as cleaning a dirty spot on the floor and picking things up, but it would be really nice to be able to assign chores to them. These things would really put this game over the top.
Thanks for listening to my ideas,
Lewanda

Sorry! I forgot to tell you how much I love the cute things the kids do and especially their giggles and sqeals of delight. I notice they do this most when playing in dirt or marking on the walls. LOL! smile I also love the way the pass away in this game. It's so much nicer than the decomposing skeleton's in the other games. I'm truly enjoying training my virtual family.

Also there's one more thing I'd like in the game is if they could choose between several houses, since most people, like myself :), have several families going on at one time. This might would make the game too large...I don't know. I am a programmer but don't write games.

Big hugs!

#189189 - 04/26/09 10:57 PM Re: Virtual Families Observation/Possible Suggestion [Re: Sweetz]
Lewanda Offline
Legend

Loc: Ky
That's a great suggestion. I've had the same thought! smile

#189272 - 04/27/09 01:45 AM Display Status in the Details
schwabbie Offline

I think it would be helpful to see the characters Status in the Details page. Also would like to see how much longer till the mother is done nursing.

Edited by schwabbie (04/27/09 01:48 AM)

#189388 - 04/27/09 03:27 PM Re: Virtual Families Observation/Possible Suggestion [Re: Sweetz]
Sweetz Offline

Loc: Indianapolis, Indiana
Originally Posted By: Sweetz
With three household members playing and all five game slots used. I have noticed that when I load the game to play, it Defaults to loading the last players family. This isn't necessarily a problem ,however has caused a scare (loaded VF in the A.M. before my first cup of coffee to find all my children gone and no husband...lol)a few times before realizing I needed to exit that players family by going back to the menu screen and selecting my game. Based on this experience my suggestion is that when the game loads, it loads by default to the Main menu screen, thereby forcing you to pick your own family for play.

Example: Loaded game this morning to check on my two seperate households in the game. However My son was the last one to play , so when it loaded , his game opened without giving me opportunity to load mine. Immediately a notification pops up in game announcing someone had gotten a promotion, followed by a notification he was being fined x amount of dollars per weed for x number of weeds. Once those things were done being announced it was then and only then I was able to click on menu, so that i could load one of my families. My son thus has missed the fact his person got a promotion , thus is also unaware of the "weed" penalty. Furthermore when I'm done playing and I exit the game , Whomever loads it next to play will then get notifications on my families events, before they are able to load their own family. So those announcements won't be seen by me!

#189591 - 04/28/09 12:36 AM Re: Virtual Families Observation/Possible Suggestion [Re: Sweetz]
debbie1260 Offline
Trainee

I would also like to see the nursing time displayed.

I would also like to see the family be able to buy land so one of their children could build a house and live in the same game. They could perhaps have a farm or a store (there is already a farming mechanism). There could be so much potential for more "stuff" for all the peeps to do. There is also a building skill so the child could build his/her own house....or maybe add an addition to the original one. That would be excellent!!

Deb

#196389 - 05/27/09 01:55 PM VF 2 or expansion Pack
Suzicube Offline
Adviser

Ok, I've been playing the game for a little over a month and pretty much have finished the game. I know that there are things to do but changing clothes each day or waiting to get 100 wrappers is really not playing to me. I LOVE this game and would like to see VF 2 come out soon. Is there a moderator that can give some kind of idea if there is going to be a VF 2 and when it might come out? This game was well worth the money at less than .32/day which is alot less than I spend on soda each day. smile

#196392 - 05/27/09 02:14 PM Re: VF 2 or expansion Pack [Re: Suzicube]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
The Previews page gives an indication of what LDW are working on at present. It only shows that VV4 is in the works, now that VF has been released. Since the game has been out for so short a period I can't imagine they have any immediate plans for expanding VF, let alone a VF2. They are more likely concentrating on a possible new build, aimed at fixing a few of the bugs that have appeared since release. They are also working on the porting of the game to the iPhone/iPod platform.

Have you tried installing any of the user-created mods available from the Virtual Families Mods forum if you are looking for variety?

#196443 - 05/27/09 06:00 PM Re: VF 2 or expansion Pack [Re: arnie]
swedane Offline
Master

Loc: BC. CANADA
I'm pretty much done too. I guess we'll just have to be patience and wait till the next release. Until then... have a great summer!

#196455 - 05/27/09 06:29 PM Re: VF 2 or expansion Pack [Re: swedane]
PlayAtWork Offline
Trainee

Yea, I am bored. I actually bought a SIMS game to see why everyone kept commenting on that when we were posting suggestions. I have not had a chance to play it yet (Can't minimize that game like you can the VF so I can't play at work! lol).

I liked this game but once you accomplish things... there isn't much else to do. I think I would rather not buy the next one out of the gate. I would rather play it on a member site because it's not worth it to buy it and then only play it for a month. would be nice if it were more in depth so you can get more out of it.

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 ... 16 17 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter