Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 291 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#26518 - 07/18/06 02:40 PM Trouble Registering For Forums Here
Arthur Administrator Offline
Lead Designer

Loc: San Francisco
Hi everyone. We are seeing that a few people are having trouble registering for the forums here. They are not receiving their email verifications, so they can never log in. This is happening because a few ISP (such as Comcast) are bouncing emails from LDW. We do not know why. Additionally I think Yahoo's mail services may be marking the confirmation emails as spam, so if you have a Yahoo email address you might have to look there.

Barbara's update - new procedures for resolving forum registration problems:

If you did not receive a verification email after you registered for the forums, please see this answer in our Support FAQ and follow the instructions there to get help with your forum registration.

If you received a verification email and followed the instructions to verify your email address, but you still can't log in to the forunms, please see this answer in our Support FAQ.

Edited by LadyCFII (10/29/08 12:56 PM)

#26519 - 07/31/06 09:16 PM Re: Trouble Registering For Forums Here
farscaper87 Offline

Loc: Maryland, USA
I'm a Comcast subscriber who didn't receive my confirmation email. I was, however, able to log in using the username and password I created. :-)

#26520 - 08/15/06 04:05 PM Re: Trouble Registering For Forums Here
Justmoon Offline

Loc: Mexico
I applied on Friday and was having trouble too, but I thought it was because Friday was LDW so you'd all gone home to play pc games for the weekend! But I got a nice email from Barbara yesterday and my user name and password today. Thanks.

#26521 - 08/15/06 05:03 PM Re: Trouble Registering For Forums Here
TheVillageIdiot Offline
Sage

Loc: Island of Isola
Quote:

I applied on Friday and was having trouble too, but I thought it was because Friday was LDW so you'd all gone home .....

That is too funny! Good one Justmoon!

#26522 - 08/15/06 07:27 PM Re: Trouble Registering For Forums Here
ella Offline

I tried twice, decided it was a problem (duh, didn't read this thread,) but after a while, both confirmations came. I picked one and am using it. Should I write you guys to delete the other? I just never confirm/clicked it, but it seems you're allowing more than 24 hrs, huh?

Anyway -- Thanks for allowing me in! -- E

#26523 - 09/09/06 12:28 AM Re: Trouble Registering For Forums Here
Annalisa Offline

Loc: Brisbane, Australia
I just joined today and it was easy, no problems. Just so glad to find this place! These games are soooo addictive....lol

#26524 - 10/26/06 10:39 AM Re: Trouble Registering For Forums Here
Matilda Offline
Adviser

Loc: Texas
Hello.
I requested membership on Saturday. I received an "activate your account" email, which I promptly did, but that was it. Never heard anything else

I tried to log in on Monday, and couldn't get in. I reread the email I had received, and saw I was waiting for a confirmation email. Never came. Yesterday, Wednesday, I tried to log in anyway, and I got in

My ISP is Suddenlink which used to be Cox.

And I am glad to be here

#26525 - 10/26/06 10:58 AM Re: Trouble Registering For Forums Here
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
It's odd that you couldn't log in on Monday. Although we now manually approve all registrations, it's rarely more than a few hours between the time you register and when the registration is approved. Unfortunately, you're not notified when the approval happens, which is why we state on the registration page that if you're having problems logging in, you should wait 8 hours and try again. But, you're here now. Welcome!

#26526 - 10/27/06 06:12 PM Re: Trouble Registering For Forums Here
Tabbeh Offline
Adviser

Loc: Ze isle of Isola
LDW staff, thank you so much for this post. For a long time I tried to register here but couldn't...and yes I do use Comcast. About a month ago I finally got in. I'm glad that you put this post up to help other people who can't get registered.

#41553 - 01/09/07 03:23 PM Re: Trouble Registering For Forums Here [Re: Arthur]
MochaJew Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Anywhere but here
My problem was whenever I tried to log in I would get "invalad password." Finally, I had to change my user name and password.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter