Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 291 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#140553 - 05/08/08 02:19 PM Just wondering, why there isen't much diversity
kittenzan62 Offline
Expert

Loc: Clearwater, Florida, US
Couldn't we have Oriental's, African American's,Indian's, etc... It just seem's more realistic, then a lot of Blonde's "and I am one" & red head's. don't get me wrong... I Love The Wolfie Guy's, and I DLed the Mod to make the girl's hair Green, Pink, & Purple, How 'bout some Tattooes? Just a thought, I apologize if I posted this in the wrong place, Please forgive me, but as I play more & more Native ppl belong in the VV world, don't ya think? \:\?

Edited by LadyCFII (05/08/08 02:48 PM)

#140556 - 05/08/08 02:34 PM Re: Just wondering, why there isen't many diverse cult [Re: kittenzan62]
Prissy Poodle Offline
Adviser

Loc: The Zoo
Well,it's an isolated island.The tribes may not be yery diverse becuase of this.Many of the villagers living on the island might have just come from smaller surrounding islands.But this is just my opinion.

#140558 - 05/08/08 02:44 PM Re: Just wondering why there isn't much diversity [Re: kittenzan62]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
In addition to the fact that these villagers have all descended from a group of refugees from a single, fictitious island, there is also a technical reason for the "cultural" similarity of the villagers. The heads and bodies have to be interchangeable so that different head and bodies will go together. For each head and body there are many different views and poses, and all of those take a lot of work to create. Just like the male and female villagers have to be handled separately (so that a male head isn't placed on a female body, for example), each different skin tone would have to be managed separately. It's not impossible, but isn't necessarily a practical thing to do in Virtual Villagers.

#140560 - 05/08/08 02:53 PM Re: Just wondering, why there isen't many diverse cult [Re: kittenzan62]
MochaJew Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Anywhere but here
Originally Posted By: kittenzan62
Couldn't we have Oriental's, African American's,Indian's, etc... It just seem's more realistic, then a lot of Blonde's "and I am one" & red head's. don't get me wrong... I Love The Wolfie Guy's, and I DLed the Mod to make the girl's hair Green, Pink, & Purple, How 'bout some Tattooes? Just a thought, I apologize if I posted this in the wrong place, Please forgive me, but as I play more & more Native ppl belong in the VV world, don't ya think? \:\?

Your question is a valid one and has been asked several times before. In fact, as a woman of multi-culture background married to a blond guy, the lack of more "tribal villagers" have been one of my few, but chief complains. On such islands, blondes and redheads and few and far in between. Women who married-or matched were tattoed or recieved henna, for example as a change in their status of being a wife/match and mother. It was part of my wish list for VV2 and the forth coming games. Your right; the above would be more fitting and I am hoping that in VV3, that will be reflected.

#140561 - 05/08/08 02:55 PM Re: Just wondering, why there isen't many diverse cult [Re: MochaJew]
Jazzo Offline
Master Magician

Loc: jazzothegreat.com
I could do a mod to make like everyone african-american or something like that? When I get home, I'll get to it.

#140564 - 05/08/08 03:02 PM Re: Just wondering why there isn't much diversity [Re: LadyCFII]
MochaJew Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Thank you, Lady C. Though it would still be nice to see a few "mocha people" running about, I am a computer dummie and the differently you speak of isn't something I have consider. However, is it possiable to just darken the skin tone on the villagers to be more reflected of an island village? Or would you run into the same problem?

Edited by MochaJew (05/08/08 04:01 PM)

#140566 - 05/08/08 03:03 PM Re: Just wondering, why there isen't many diverse cult [Re: Jazzo]
MochaJew Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: Jazzo
I could do a mod to make like everyone african-american or something like that? When I get home, I'll get to it.

I would love that! Thank you Jazzo. Maybe I am asking too much, but could you make the tribe look like my hubby and I? The first baby will be named after you! Where do I send your chocolate chip cookies?

Attachments
3907-ReelPictures120.jpg (1310 downloads)

Edited by MochaJew (05/08/08 03:06 PM)

#140567 - 05/08/08 03:05 PM Re: Just wondering why there isn't much diversity [Re: MochaJew]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Almost anything is possible, but any change like that, since it would be applied to all of the villagers, would still result in complaints about cultural diversity. It's simply not possible to please everyone completely, and would probably result in a bad game if we tried.

#140571 - 05/08/08 03:17 PM Re: Just wondering why there isn't much diversity [Re: LadyCFII]
MochaJew Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: LadyCFII
Almost anything is possible, but any change like that, since it would be applied to all of the villagers, would still result in complaints about cultural diversity. It's simply not possible to please everyone completely, and would probably result in a bad game if we tried.

I see and understand. It was just a wish. As they say; if it aint broke, don't fix it.

#140572 - 05/08/08 03:25 PM Re: Just wondering why there isn't much diversity [Re: LadyCFII]
emri Offline
Master

Loc: Land of oz,Ks
I love the game just the way it is.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter