Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 275 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#241555 - 06/27/17 12:16 PM A new VV is coming this Summer?
Rockmower Moderator Offline
Master Poet

Loc: The Beautiful Ozarks
I got so excited I nearly fell out of my chair the other day! I was browsing Facebook when I saw an announcement that a new VIRTUAL VILLAGERS game will be coming out this Summer! Then I saw a post over in the Virtual Town forum where Barb mentioned that the game is being worked on by a partner studio.

Now I don't know about anyone else, but the thought of a new VV (even one for the mobile market) has me nearly as excited as a five year old who just spotted a puppy!

Avvie by Airstream Raider
Where have all the Fan Fiction Fans gone?
(I miss Laurence cry)
I miss my wife cry

#241556 - 06/27/17 06:07 PM Re: A new VV is coming this Summer? [Re: Rockmower]
Hydra14 Offline
Consigliere

This is the BEST news i got in this year!!!

#241562 - 06/29/17 07:16 PM Re: A new VV is coming this Summer? [Re: Hydra14]
Jentfur Offline

please say it is so!

#241563 - 06/29/17 07:23 PM Re: A new VV is coming this Summer? [Re: Jentfur]
Hydra14 Offline
Consigliere

it actually is!! They have pictures on facebook page laugh

#241570 - 07/02/17 07:02 PM Re: A new VV is coming this Summer? [Re: Hydra14]
Corylea Offline
Expert

Loc: Boston area, USA
Worked on by a partner studio. How much input will Arthur have into the game? Will it still feel like a VV game?

#241571 - 07/02/17 07:27 PM Re: A new VV is coming this Summer? [Re: Corylea]
Hydra14 Offline
Consigliere

Originally Posted By: Corylea
Worked on by a partner studio. How much input will Arthur have into the game? Will it still feel like a VV game?

This is what they said when i was worrying about the same thing;

Quote:
It is being developed by a partner studio, but with TONNES of design input from LDW themselves smile

#241572 - 07/03/17 11:50 AM Re: A new VV is coming this Summer? [Re: Hydra14]
supermiguel Offline

Today is a day of celebration. I love Virtual Families but Virtual Villagers has had a lasting impression on me over all these years since the very first game that I tried YEARS ago, that got me hooked into the franchise. This is something only Virtual Villagers could give me. Sorry, Virtual Families. Still love you though! This news makes me so excited! THIS summer?! It is already summer! I CANNOT WAIT to see what is going to be published next! I have been waiting for so long! This might turn out to be a good Summer after all! Virtual Villagers for the win! laugh

#241583 - 07/06/17 10:19 AM Re: A new VV is coming this Summer? [Re: supermiguel]
Rockmower Moderator Offline
Master Poet

Loc: The Beautiful Ozarks
Originally Posted By: supermiguel
Today is a day of celebration. I love Virtual Families but Virtual Villagers has had a lasting impression on me over all these years since the very first game that I tried YEARS ago, that got me hooked into the franchise. This is something only Virtual Villagers could give me. Sorry, Virtual Families. Still love you though! This news makes me so excited! THIS summer?! It is already summer! I CANNOT WAIT to see what is going to be published next! I have been waiting for so long! This might turn out to be a good Summer after all! Virtual Villagers for the win! laugh

I really enjoy the design flexibility of Virtual Families. The challenges of deciding what furniture to place in each room is intriguing to me. I would like it if we could choose the layout of the house also, but realize that isn't practical.

ON the other hand, the unique story line behind each installment of the Virtual Villagers series is what endears them to me.
VF is cool, but VV ROCKS!!!

Avvie by Airstream Raider
Where have all the Fan Fiction Fans gone?
(I miss Laurence cry)
I miss my wife cry

#241587 - 07/09/17 04:18 AM Re: A new VV is coming this Summer? [Re: Rockmower]
bajantara Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Loc: Barbados
Is it summer yet? laugh

#241602 - 07/10/17 11:50 PM Re: A new VV is coming this Summer? [Re: bajantara]
Hydra14 Offline
Consigliere

Aaaand we have the plot laugh
Click to reveal..
Return to the famed and mystical island of Isola and be drawn into the latest sequel in the beloved Virtual Villagers series! In the wake of a volcanic terror on the neighboring island of Asura, a family has made their way to Isola seeking a new home. As their boat lands on the beach, they are greeted by a strange man and they begin to explore this mysterious new world.

The beautiful and curious island of Isola was once a paradise home to a thriving civilization but has gone to ruins and untamed jungle. The twists and turns will leave you discovering new, interactive, magical moments at every turn!

Here are my thoughts:
Click to reveal..

It is so freshing to see a new VV plot after years.
I always wondered about the previous island.
So it has a name now, "Asura" hmm smirk interesting.
It looks like they are taking it all from beginning.
I believe it's a good choice since it is a mobile game. All chapters releasing as updates sounding right to me.
They may approach some stuff, like Golden Child getting lost as mentioned in VV5.
I think we all know who that "strange man" is grin

One thing catched my attention is it kinda looks like we are going to have villagers as stable characters with personalities rather than random ones.
If it's the case, we are going to get a great storyline/scenario experience and it will provide superior material for fan fiction.
I can already see shippers coming grin

But also it might kill the interactivity and unique soul of the series.

Whatever way it is, i'm pretty sure they made game with much of love and effort and it will entertain me for hours. Maybe it may even top my favorite one, VV3 smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter