Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 91 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
Legally playing Palm OS/Pocket PC games + H.M VV5?
by lorsieab2
02/24/24 09:16 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy, Alice Arthagon
30707 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30707 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#238286 - 07/05/15 11:39 PM WHY are there not any new VV ??? It's been 5 yrs.
JackiDance Offline
Trainee

Loc: Delaware, USA
Terrible that you assume everyone loves VFamilies. Where the heck are more VV games? Just because you are bored creating them, doesn't mean we are bored with them. Update these VV games and make them run faster and get us some new PC VV games. Don't care if they are exploring outer space! Just make some more.
Five years is just too long to ignore this. And this grannie is now 78!

Edited by JackiDance (07/05/15 11:40 PM)
Edit Reason: I'm 78 now

#238288 - 07/06/15 12:47 PM Re: WHY are there not any new VV ??? It's been 5 yrs. [Re: JackiDance]
JudasFm Offline
Adviser

I wonder if it's because VV5 received such mixed reviews...

I second what you say though; while I do appreciate the work that LDW puts into their games, I have to admit that VF has always struck me as a poor man's Sims.

I'd rather LDW alternate it; one new VV game followed by one new VF game. That way everyone would be happy wink

#238289 - 07/06/15 07:51 PM Re: WHY are there not any new VV ??? It's been 5 yrs. [Re: JudasFm]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Yes, I wonder if they were running out of ideas. They tried to make it more an explicitly 'god' game in VV5 and upset a lot of people.

#241163 - 01/25/17 07:39 AM Re: WHY are there not any new VV ??? It's been 5 yrs. [Re: arnie]
SilkySpotanus Offline
Trainee

Loc: India
I bet that Grannie is now 80 smile Look at the date. Happy 80th birthday smile

#241177 - 01/25/17 06:24 PM Re: WHY are there not any new VV ??? It's been 5 yrs. [Re: arnie]
MsAtx Offline

Loc: Texas
That's really sad bc IMHO this world needs God. Besides, can't please everyone right? wink

#241182 - 01/25/17 10:11 PM Re: WHY are there not any new VV ??? It's been 5 yrs. [Re: MsAtx]
Samkkgamer786 Offline
Expert

Loc: ROSEWOOD
Hi grannie smile

#241186 - 01/26/17 03:02 AM Re: WHY are there not any new VV ??? It's been 5 yrs. [Re: Samkkgamer786]
supermiguel Offline

I get what you mean. And I must admit, at first I was one of those who were not a fan of VV5. But, after playing it awhile, I kind of enjoyed the new challenging element to it and to this day, it is actively my favorite VV game of all time. There is just something about when you finally converted a heathen that was so satisfying. (Except the stupid little kid yellow heathen. Now that was a pain in the butt! Could have done without him!) And I found the powers/puzzles more enjoyable as well. I wouldn't mind a new VV with god powers still. I would love to get a new one! VF is fine and all, but sometimes I also need VV to really find enjoyment in life! Hopefully there is a new VV soon!

#241226 - 02/01/17 03:46 AM Re: WHY are there not any new VV ??? It's been 5 yrs. [Re: supermiguel]
JudasFm Offline
Adviser

VV5 still doesn't sit well with me. Language aside, the gameplay didn't do a great deal for me; the VV games were challenging and interesting purely because you couldn't solve problems with a click of the mouse and god powers, and because making the most massive tribe in existence just doesn't appeal.

To be honest, the complete lack of responses or official statements on the VV games for so long makes it seem to me like the folks of LDW threw something of a temper tantrum. "You don't like our concept for VV5? You don't like games where you have to convert those heathens to the One True Faith and destroy every one of their religious icons (which, btw, is totally okay because, you know, it's not a real faith and Isola is a completely made up location)? Fine! We're never making a VV game again if this is all the gratitude we get!"

For the sake of the message board and because it's not easy to tell someone's intentions over the internet, I'll add that this is not an attempt on my part to restart the same old tired debate about whether VV5 crossed a line. Personally, I didn't like it so I just made the decision not to play it again wink

#241239 - 02/03/17 09:42 PM Re: WHY are there not any new VV ??? It's been 5 yrs. [Re: JudasFm]
frogboy Offline
Expert

WHY are there not any new fish tycoon ??? It's been 13 yrs

oh wait! there is.

#241243 - 02/04/17 09:37 AM Re: WHY are there not any new VV ??? It's been 5 yrs. [Re: frogboy]
Hydra14 Offline
Consigliere

Back in early 2016 i was hoping to see the new VV in late 2017, as they were only working for VF3 and a new update for VT, which were both about to end by my assumption, before it delayed 454543 times.

But now we know that they're also working for FT2, which means they were, are and will be much more overloaded than we thought.

There's a thread titled "What is your hope on the next chapter of VV?"
Beside that i hope it will happen at all, i only hope they will start on VV6 instead of anything else when they got free of projects frown

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter