Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 97 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
Legally playing Palm OS/Pocket PC games + H.M VV5?
by lorsieab2
02/24/24 09:16 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy, Alice Arthagon
30707 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30707 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#241616 - 07/25/17 06:54 PM News about updates for our older games on iOS
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Hi, everyone! I'm sure that many of you have seen warnings about our older games needing updates in order to work with future versions of iOS. We've been hard at work on updating the different versions of each of our iOS games (full and free), and we hope to start submitting them to Apple soon. Our goal is to have them all updated and available in the App Store before iOS 11 is released.

I will continue posting in this topic as we have news about each of the games, so stay tuned if you're still playing them!

#241629 - 08/08/17 04:46 PM Re: News about updates for our older games [Re: LadyCFII]
JudasFm Offline
Adviser

When you do it the other way around and make newer games like FT2 available for the computer crowd, let us know

#241631 - 08/08/17 10:55 PM Re: News about updates for our older games [Re: JudasFm]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Originally Posted By: JudasFm
When you do it the other way around and make newer games like FT2 available for the computer crowd, let us know

Hear hear!

#241639 - 08/10/17 07:27 AM Re: News about updates for our older games [Re: LadyCFII]
Deewelch Offline

Originally Posted By: LadyCFII
Hi, everyone! I'm sure that many of you have seen warnings about our older games needing updates in order to work with future versions of iOS. We've been hard at work on updating the different versions of each game, and we hope to start submitting them to Apple soon. Our goal is to have them all updated and available in the App Store before iOS 11 is released.

I will continue posting in this topic as we have news about each of the games, so stay tuned if you're still playing them!

Yes, please keep us posted, because I'm still playing them. Thanks

#241683 - 09/12/17 06:23 PM Re: News about updates for our older games [Re: Deewelch]
Unicorn

We're later on this than we wanted to be, but all of our older games have been updated to 64-bit, and they've all gone through QA and are ready to put through Apple's review process.

Two of the games have already been submitted (the two universal apps - Virtual Villagers: Origins and Plant Tycoon). The remaining 6 games (24 different apps - iPad full/free and iPhone full/free) will be submitted as soon as we can get everything ready for Apple. We're working hard to make that happen this week.

iOS 11 will be available in a week (on September 19th).

#241687 - 09/19/17 07:31 PM Re: News about updates for our older games [Re: LadyCFII]
Unicorn

Happy iOS 11 day, everyone!

I want to give you another update on where we are.

Most of our games made it through Apple's review process, and the 64-bit updates are available in the App Store for these games:
  • Virtual Villagers: Origins (Universal)
  • Plant Tycoon (Universal)
  • Virtual Villagers 5 (full/lite/iPhone/iPad)
  • Virtual Villagers 4 (full/lite/iPhone/iPad)
  • Virtual Villagers 3 (full/lite/iPhone/iPad)
Unfortunately, Apple didn't approve Fish Tycoon, Virtual Families, and Virtual Villagers 2. We need to do some work on each of those games before we resubmit them, so there will be a bit of a delay getting those updated games into the App Store.

I will continue to post updated information as we make progress on them. Hang in there; we are still hard at work on this!

#241688 - 09/20/17 09:04 PM Re: News about updates for our older games [Re: LadyCFII]
AIcaeos Offline

Loc: Michigan, USA
I am so glad to hear they were updated!! I was about 10 seconds away from deleting them (because why have a pointless app) the only reason I didn’t is because I noticed it looked different. I am so glad I can continue to play and congratulate the LDW team in their hard work and dedication and can’t wait to see what the future holds!

#241689 - 09/21/17 04:01 PM Re: News about updates for our older games [Re: AIcaeos]
Unicorn

As it turns out, Apple went on to approve the iPhone versions of VV2, VF, and FT, so they went live in the App Store a few minutes ago.

We're still working on the iPad versions of those games, and I'll post updates here as soon as there's any news.

#241711 - 10/15/17 09:48 PM Re: News about updates for our older games [Re: LadyCFII]
Lia Offline
Trainee

Loc: New England
I'm also interested in news regarding upcoming releases for the PC Platform. Is anything in the works?

#241713 - 10/16/17 04:07 PM Re: News about updates for our older iOS games [Re: LadyCFII]
Unicorn

As it turns out, we ended up creating universal apps (full and lite for each game) for Fish Tycoon, Virtual Families, and Virtual Villagers 2. They should be released on the App Store soon.

[I don't have any news to share about new PC games at this time. For some background on why we are currently focused on mobile, see this post. That doesn't necessarily mean that we won't create PC games in the future, just that we are focused on mobile right now. For news about upcoming games that we have announced, check the Previews tab on our main web site.]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  LadyCFII, MissKathy, Rockmower, Xay 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter