Questions about puzzle 3 (contains spoilers)

Posted by: Rockmower

Questions about puzzle 3 (contains spoilers) - 11/23/10 11:41 PM

Please ask any questions you have about puzzle 3 in this thread. Before you post a question, be sure to read through and see if someone else has already asked/answered it for you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: All spoilers must be hidden using the spoiler function.
To hide spoilers, you should highlight the text, then click the Spoiler button above (that's the one to the left of the quote marks).

If you do not see the formatting buttons above the text box you are typing your reply in, simply click the "Switch to Full Reply" button at the bottom of the text box and you will see them.

Posted by: MW02

Re: Questions about puzzle 3 (contains spoilers) - 01/04/11 07:49 PM

Does anyone know how to get the
Click to reveal..
heathens away from the hungry totem so you can dismantle it? The trick I used on the other totem (butterflies) isnt working and I am out of food.
Help! Thanks!
Posted by: VFLover09

Re: Questions about puzzle 3 (contains spoilers) - 01/04/11 07:53 PM

Click to reveal..
Use lightning (If you have enough energy.) to scare the aggressive heathens away (And the Red masked heathens too!) so your builders can come in and dismantle it.

Note: Don't use bees, the builders will run away as soon as they hit the swarm.

Posted by: MW02

Re: Questions about puzzle 3 (contains spoilers) - 01/04/11 08:45 PM

Great! Thank you!!
Posted by: pwrpffgrl

Re: Questions about puzzle 3 (contains spoilers) - 01/07/11 12:39 AM

Click to reveal..
What I did to get the heathen guard away from the hungery totem was I grabed my kid & kept dropping her in front of him till I had lead him to the bottom of the screen, then I pulled her away so she didn't lead him back & I dropped all my adults on the totem, then I repeated the leading him away process each time he got about halfway back to the totem till it was dismantled.

Posted by: arnie

Re: Questions about puzzle 3 (contains spoilers) - 01/07/11 10:52 AM

That's what I did in my second game, too, pwrpffgrl.
Click to reveal..
In my first game I zapped the totem with bees and even lightning, but I found that "kiting" worked better, and it didn't use up any god powers. The important thing is to drop your villagers on the near side of the totem to demolish it. If you drop them on the other side they'll see the scary red-masks and run away immediately. As well as kids, a nursing mother is useful as the decoy (if you have one, of course).

Posted by: scalad

Re: Questions about puzzle 3 (contains spoilers) - 01/09/11 01:30 PM

Originally Posted By: arnie
That's what I did in my second game, too, pwrpffgrl.
Click to reveal..
In my first game I zapped the totem with bees and even lightning, but I found that "kiting" worked better, and it didn't use up any god powers. The important thing is to drop your villagers on the near side of the totem to demolish it. If you drop them on the other side they'll see the scary red-masks and run away immediately. As well as kids, a nursing mother is useful as the decoy (if you have one, of course).

Click to reveal..
What do you mean near side? I have tried so many times and I can only get it to 25% Thanks!

Posted by: arnie

Re: Questions about puzzle 3 (contains spoilers) - 01/10/11 10:50 AM

I mean
Click to reveal..
the side of the totem not facing the noni bush.

If you drop a peep on the side facing the bush they will see the red-mask guards and immediately run away. You should be careful to drop the peeps so that they land on the side facing you, so that the totem is between them and the red-masks and blocks their view.

Re: Questions about puzzle 3 (contains spoilers) - 01/12/11 09:58 AM

Thanks Arnie!
Posted by: Sailorben

Re: Questions about puzzle 3 (contains spoilers) - 01/13/11 03:25 AM

Isn't completing Puzzle 3 supposed to
Click to reveal..
remove the guards from the firewood, not just from the bush? It seemed to do that with my first two villages but on the third they just stayed and are preventing my builders from getting access to the wood.

Posted by: LadyCFIIAdministrator

Re: Questions about puzzle 3 (contains spoilers) - 01/13/11 03:37 AM

Puzzle 3 does only one thing. What you're referring to has a different cause...
Click to reveal..
when you build your statue up, the guards will soon become uncomfortable and abandon the wood pile.

Posted by: Sailorben

Re: Questions about puzzle 3 (contains spoilers) - 01/13/11 07:34 AM

Thanks for your prompt reply! Ah, now I have to try to figure this out.. I won't read the spoiler just yet. smile But I'm glad it's there in case I get too frustrated.

Update.. I got it! LOL

Re: Questions about puzzle 3 (contains spoilers) - 01/16/11 06:20 AM

I finally did it. Thanks arnie!
Posted by: Annthewhofan

Re: Questions about puzzle 3 (contains spoilers) - 02/02/11 10:02 PM

I use this to dismantle the hungry totem
Click to reveal..
as I did not have other powers at I kept dropping a villager on the heathens as a decoy this let my builder getting on with his job to dismantle the hungry totem this worked as the heathens were too busy chasing the intruder off

Posted by: ladybeast

Re: Questions about puzzle 3 (contains spoilers) - 02/09/11 10:41 PM

urghhhhhhhhhhh i lure the guards away but the red heathens move to any side i put the villagers they still come n scare em
Posted by: belleebutton

Re: Questions about puzzle 3 (contains spoilers) - 03/06/11 04:38 AM

I've had trouble with
Click to reveal..
keeping them on the side of the totem away from the red heathens. I don't have enough power for the lightning, but I'm out of food. I can lead the orange ones away, but am stuck on how to get around the red.

Posted by: Alice612

Re: Questions about puzzle 3 (contains spoilers) - 10/15/12 10:44 PM

But the heathens with the red masks stand in front of the statue and will not allow anyone near. Am getting frustrated with this game.

Re: Questions about puzzle 3 (contains spoilers) - 10/15/12 10:45 PM

I agree. Just don't know how to keep the red heathens away.

Re: Questions about puzzle 3 (contains spoilers) - 10/15/12 10:47 PM

I finally built the love cabin. But can't keep the red masked heatherns away from the hungry totem. Help!!!!!

Re: Questions about puzzle 3 (contains spoilers) - 10/15/12 10:57 PM

But the red masks are on the front side of the totam. I also have a yellow mask picking noni's. Frustrated with the game.
Posted by: MissKathyAdministrator

Re: Questions about puzzle 3 (contains spoilers) - 10/16/12 06:18 AM

Are you having better success now Alice612?

Re: Questions about puzzle 3 (contains spoilers) - 10/16/12 10:39 AM

No. Just can't seem to get my villagers around the red masks. Will keep trying.
Posted by: Ravensoul

Re: Questions about puzzle 3 (contains spoilers) - 10/16/12 10:50 AM

I don't know how far are you in the game, but to deal with the red masked heathens I always

(Beware of spoiler!)

Click to reveal..
summon bees on them. Or lightning (because I'm evil like that) smile

I hope it helps!

Also a big hello to everyone on this lovely forums from one of the previously silent lurkers! grin
Posted by: MissKathyAdministrator

Re: Questions about puzzle 3 (contains spoilers) - 10/17/12 04:08 AM

Originally Posted By: Alice612
No. Just can't seem to get my villagers around the red masks. Will keep trying.

Definitely keep trying. You'll have to be sneaky about it to get around those Red Masked Heathens. Yes, they stand in front of the statue and will not allow anyone near, but if you watch them there are times when they are both on one side of the statue.
Click to reveal..
When this happens, sneak your villagers in there (trying to make sure they don't see the Red Masks) and get them to start dismantling the totem. Put all of your adults on it.

I believe they will take cover when it's raining so that's also an opportunity to dismantle the totem.

As others have said, lightening also works, just make sure your villagers are not too close or they will get zapped too.

Good luck! You can do this! laugh