Unable to refresh stats in fish tycoon

Posted by: DjxDon

Unable to refresh stats in fish tycoon - 08/07/11 08:24 PM

I have been unable to refresh the statistics in my Fish tycoon for some time.About a year now. Just says check I'm on line when I obviously am. Can anybody please advise.
Many thanks.
Posted by: XayAdministrator

Re: Unable to refresh stats in fish tycoon - 08/08/11 03:28 AM

Would you happen to be on a Mac computer? There is a problem with refreshing stats on Mac computers. We are looking into the situation, but do not have a workaround currently.

Re: Unable to refresh stats in fish tycoon - 08/08/11 04:06 PM

Hi Heather
Thank you for your reply.
No I do not have a Mac. I have Windows XP on a 8 year old sony vaio laptop.
Have not been able to refresh statistics for best part of a year now. Its not a major problem but it would be nice to see where I am on internet statistics as I have sold over 139000 fish & earned $64194832 so far.I have also found 433 differant spices so far.I have had my Fish Tycoon about 6 years & had no trouble refreshing till about a year ago.

Re: Unable to refresh stats in fish tycoon - 08/08/11 10:20 PM

The following information may help you.

Security software on your computer (such as a firewall) is preventing the game from connecting to the Internet. You should check the security settings to make sure that the game has permission to access the Internet.

Good luck smile

Re: Unable to refresh stats in fish tycoon - 08/11/11 07:16 PM

Thank you Heather.
Seems Nod33 might have been the problem. Since deleting Nod & downloading Microsoft security essentials I have been able to refresh statistics.
Thanks again.

Re: Unable to refresh stats in fish tycoon - 08/15/11 09:40 PM

Well it worked fine for a few days but since yesterday I have been unable to refresh stastics again.
I have tried several times yesterday & today but getting the same old message."unable to update please check you are on line"
Posted by: esther1981

Re: Unable to refresh stats in fish tycoon - 11/26/11 06:49 AM

I'm having the same issue. I used to be able to, now I can't. I'm on Vista, and have no idea what Nod is, but I run AVG and I'm pretty sure I have a firewall, but also pretty sure that's not the problem. confused

Re: Unable to refresh stats in fish tycoon - 11/26/11 10:02 AM

We'll look into it, Esther. I believe the stats server could be down temporarily.

Re: Unable to refresh stats in fish tycoon - 11/27/11 10:41 AM

Awesome. Thanks Heather!

Re: Unable to refresh stats in fish tycoon - 11/27/11 09:15 PM

It's all fixed and ready to go smile

Re: Unable to refresh stats in fish tycoon - 11/29/11 09:30 AM

Sweet! I just opened my game and it definitely works! Thank you so much! laugh
Posted by: akasia

Re: Unable to refresh stats in fish tycoon - 01/14/12 03:46 AM

Hello! The stats server seems to be down again. Any idea when it will be back up? I've been selling madly to improve my rank and I'm eager to see the numbers! grin
Posted by: LadyCFIIAdministrator

Re: Unable to refresh stats in fish tycoon - 01/17/12 02:09 PM

The stats server is ready for action once again. laugh

Re: Unable to refresh stats in fish tycoon - 02/09/12 09:26 PM

Thanks Barbara for your reply. I appreciate all that you do! smile

But... ! The server is down again. shocked I didn't break it I promise !! whistle

Could you please kick the ol' machine and get it functioning?? Thank you sooooo much.

Re: Unable to refresh stats in fish tycoon - 02/09/12 10:17 PM

OK, I kicked it! grin

Re: Unable to refresh stats in fish tycoon - 02/09/12 11:02 PM

laugh Yeah!!!!
You are so cool! cool Thanks!

Posted by: YaelleG

Re: Unable to refresh stats in fish tycoon - 03/17/12 09:06 AM

Was this issue ever fixed for macs? I have picked up FT again recently & noticed the problem, came on here to ask about it and voila! found a thread already created right here.

Re: Unable to refresh stats in fish tycoon - 03/17/12 07:57 PM

Unfortunately, there are issues with the Mac version and the stats server. Everything worked fine when the game was developed and released in early 2006, but the stats refresh function has stopped working on Macs, as Apple has released many new versions of Mac OS X since then (as well as moving to Intel processors). We have not determined what is causing the problem.
Posted by: wench

Re: Unable to refresh stats in fish tycoon - 03/25/12 10:24 PM

ive had fish tycoon for around 2 years and have NEVER been able to refresh my stats !!!!! help!!!!! plant works fine and ive madesure its not the fire walls over and over
im on vista with norton any help would be greatly appreciated......

Re: Unable to refresh stats in fish tycoon - 03/26/12 09:15 PM

It's possible that you have just had back luck on the timing of when you attempt to refresh your stats. The FT stats server was down when I checked it; I've repaired it and tested the stats refresh on a Windows Vista system. Everything is fine at the moment.

Re: Unable to refresh stats in fish tycoon - 07/11/12 02:57 AM

I have found the problem. Since updating my old router two weeks ago I have not had a problem refreshing the statistics. Works every time now.It has also speed-ed up my computer & download speed but thats another story.It certainly cured my refreshing problem immediately.
Thought I'd let you know. Anyone with the same problem I would suggest changing the ADSL filter in the phone socket first & if there is no improvement it could well be your router.

Re: Unable to refresh stats in fish tycoon - 07/11/12 04:51 AM

Thanks for the report. This could very well help others!