Project: Rainbow Girl V. 2

Posted by: Lyssaria

Project: Rainbow Girl V. 2 - 08/24/09 06:17 AM

I'm sure just about everyone knows I'm a fan of Miss Rainbow, but I keep thinking of different hairstyles and I thought I'd tackle hers. grin

You can see the original one on the bottom-left corner.

I've only done the bigheads00.png file which means I'd still have to work on the bigheads10.png, female_heads00.png & female_heads10.png files before I can make her usable.

Any thoughts? smile
Posted by: Krystal

Re: Project: Rainbow Girl V. 2 - 08/24/09 07:08 AM

Oooh, I like it, Lyss! I absolutely LOVE the way her hair looks from straight on.

Re: Project: Rainbow Girl V. 2 - 08/24/09 07:17 AM

grin Thanks Krystal! I'm thinking of trimming down the side views so it's skinnier just like the front view.

Re: Project: Rainbow Girl V. 2 - 08/24/09 07:23 AM

I think that's a good idea. That was one difference I noticed; from the side her hair seems somewhat thicker. smile
Posted by: Lewanda

Re: Project: Rainbow Girl V. 2 - 08/24/09 07:26 AM

I love the middle one Lys!

Re: Project: Rainbow Girl V. 2 - 08/24/09 08:07 AM

Tada! I chopped some hair off and made it so the orange/yellowish side doesn't magically switch places with the pinkier side when she looks in another direction, lol.

I guess not even Miss Rainbow can avoid the effects of time grin
Posted by: JennaC145

Re: Project: Rainbow Girl V. 2 - 08/24/09 12:45 PM

Now it looks like it won't hurt so much to brush it!!! Way cute Lys!

Re: Project: Rainbow Girl V. 2 - 08/24/09 07:59 PM

Thanks Jenn! grin Not sure when I'll get to make her come alive in the game but I'm excited!
Posted by: JennaC145

Re: Project: Rainbow Girl V. 2 - 08/24/09 10:49 PM

I for one can't wait!!!

Re: Project: Rainbow Girl V. 2 - 08/25/09 12:54 AM

I somehow managed to find myself with nothing to do again at the moment so I'm getting to work on Miss Rainbow V.2! Whee!

Posted by: Elf-girl

Re: Project: Rainbow Girl V. 2 - 08/25/09 11:37 PM

She looks so pretty!

Re: Project: Rainbow Girl V. 2 - 08/26/09 02:41 AM

Thanks elf-girl! grin I haven't had the chance to work on her today but I'm sure she'll come to life soon enough
Posted by: IzMeAiNe

Re: Project: Rainbow Girl V. 2 - 08/26/09 01:30 PM

im startin a rainbow family so that might come in handy grin

Re: Project: Rainbow Girl V. 2 - 08/26/09 07:35 PM

Good luck with your Rainbow family Aine! grin They can be a little frustrating sometimes but they're very worth it. smile

Edit: More progress on Miss Rainbow!

5 more to go and then I can work on her older version. smile

Re: Project: Rainbow Girl V. 2 - 08/26/09 10:59 PM

It looks great, Lyss! You know, this might tempt me to start a family in another game slot just to be able to have a rainbow girl. laugh

Re: Project: Rainbow Girl V. 2 - 08/26/09 11:31 PM

She's looking great Lys!

Re: Project: Rainbow Girl V. 2 - 08/27/09 04:42 AM

The project is finished! I'm going to make her public and hopefully you all can enjoy her. grin

I'm also going to post my little makeover of the blonde and red head men from the unattractive family members thread in case anyone missed it.

Edit: Oopsy, I lost the male_heads10.png for the blonde-haired makeover so if you happen to have it, please upload it to imageshack and send me a link. Thanks! Also make sure that the "resize" option is not checked. smile

For now Rainbow will be by herself on the topic.

Rainbow Hair Makeover

Re: Project: Rainbow Girl V. 2 - 08/27/09 07:23 AM

She's beautiful Lyssaria. I downloaded her and can't wait to see her in the game.
Posted by: kissy06

Re: Project: Rainbow Girl V. 2 - 08/27/09 11:35 AM

Yay!!!!! Thanks Lyssaria!

Re: Project: Rainbow Girl V. 2 - 08/27/09 09:45 PM

I'm glad you two like her! grin When I tested her in the game Spike 6 passed away from old age cry Looks like my Rainbow won't be around too much longer.
Posted by: Pokemontrainer99

Re: Project: Rainbow Girl V. 2 - 09/06/09 06:34 PM

I've just downloaded it and found altough she is fine on the detail and family screens she looks normal when walking around.mad

Re: Project: Rainbow Girl V. 2 - 09/06/09 08:26 PM

If you're on a PC and running Vista it could be the VirtualStore acting up.

Originally Posted By: LadyCFII
1. Click Start
2. Click Computer
3. Open Users
4. Open the folder for your user name
5. Open AppData
6. Open Local
7. Open VirtualStore

If you see any files in VirtualStore that are mod images, you can safely delete those and cause the game to use the images that you put in the application folder in Program Files. If you make further changes to the mods that you have installed, you may need to check VirtualStore again to make sure that there aren't game image files there.

For some reason the VirtualStore likes to grab onto the old images and make the game use them instead! laugh

Re: Project: Rainbow Girl V. 2 - 09/07/09 04:47 AM

Yeah, if she looks normal when she's walking that means something is interfering with the female_heads mod file and if you're on Vista it must be VirtualStore as Krystal pointed out or you can try copying them over again. smile

If that's not the case, you might've looked past the instructions to make sure the images match the link name that you clicked on..

Basically, rename femaleheads00.png and femaleheads10.png to female_heads00.png and female_heads10.png

I hope we can get it working for you!

Re: Project: Rainbow Girl V. 2 - 09/07/09 05:08 PM

I think the name problem might be the issue in this case, Lyssa. I just installed your mod in my game for my new Rainbow Family and ran into the same issues (and then some - but those were my own fault) because I didn't realize what was going on. lol
Posted by: Pokemontrainer99

Re: Project: Rainbow Girl V. 2 - 09/07/09 06:36 PM

No, I don't have Vista I don't think.

Re: Project: Rainbow Girl V. 2 - 09/07/09 06:39 PM

Look for the files:

femaleheads00.png and femaleheads10.png and right click on each one and change them to female_heads00.png and female_heads10.png

They have to have those names to work. smile The place where I put my download takes away that _ line and ruins it but it was the best way to share the files.
Posted by: HiggieBaby

Re: Project: Rainbow Girl V. 2 - 09/24/09 06:13 AM

That hairstyle is simply gorgeous! Would it be possible for you to merge it with Lewanda's head mod she titled, "ALL the head mods above but WITH Lys blonde replacing my blonde mod.?" It's in the mod post with the subject, "Lewanda's Head Mods-New and Old(*IMPROVED)."

Re: Project: Rainbow Girl V. 2 - 09/25/09 12:52 AM

Higgie Baby, I added it to my head mods post for you Sweetie. Look for it in the download links at the bottom. It's color coded and easy to find.
LEWANDA'S HEAD MODS WITH LYS'S RAINBOW GIRL MAKEOVER AND BLONDE ADDED

Re: Project: Rainbow Girl V. 2 - 09/25/09 10:28 PM

Thank you Lewanda! All these new heads are so adorable!! smile

Re: Project: Rainbow Girl V. 2 - 09/26/09 12:59 AM

You're so welcome HiggieBaby...And thanks! smile

Re: Project: Rainbow Girl V. 2 - 10/02/09 04:06 PM

I just adopted my first rainbow girl, and her new haircut looks incredible! It's so stylish and modern looking. Especially with the slinky black dress and boots she arrived in.

And to make it even better, on the first try she had purple-haired triplet girls. YAY!! laugh

Posted by: MissKathyAdministrator

Re: Project: Rainbow Girl V. 2 - 10/03/09 04:58 AM

I love the new haircut as well. Looks great as she ages as well. She was my first rainbow marriage proposal. She passed away alongside her husband yesterday afternoon... I was so sad! I quickly selected a child to take over the house so I wouldn't feel quite so bad. She and her hubby didn't have any rainbow girls or mohawk or spike haired boys.

Btw, one of my preschoolers came to school yesterday with spikey hair and I told him that when he grows up I'll have to make sure he marries a blonde girl so that they might have rainbow-haired girls! He and his mother laughed and laughed! LOL!

Re: Project: Rainbow Girl V. 2 - 10/04/09 12:07 PM

That is so cute about your preschooler. Did his mom have any idea what you were referring to? grin

I always go to the next generation right away after a parent dies. It breaks my heart to see the other family members walking around so depressed. I wish my rainbow girl family could stay like they are. Her little purple triplets are so adorable, and she is so pretty.
Posted by: Umineko Otaku

Re: Project: Rainbow Girl V. 2 - 06/30/11 11:08 PM

is it possible for anyone to combine this rainbow hair mod with the mod for the troll boy. here is the link to the page with that mod. I love this rainbow hair mod but i have used the mod to fix another peep's head and i want to keep both mods.
link
Posted by: MissKathyAdministrator

Re: Project: Rainbow Girl V. 2 - 07/01/11 04:38 AM

I'd be happy to help you once I know exactly what you're asking for. Which rainbow hair mod are you talking about? "Troll boy" is an original head and is 15th from the bottom in the head chart. Are you wanting him to replace a different head?

***Merge completed and sent via PM***
Posted by: VFrocks

Re: Project: Rainbow Girl V. 2 - 07/31/12 10:07 PM

Why don't you put her in VF 2? crazy